Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Apr 26, 2023 2:16 PM

Sep 2020
It's a difficult choice he had to make, and he chose to fight at the end, and it's really cool that his pose is the one when he used the short knifes.
Apr 26, 2023 2:45 PM
Jan 2021
another great episode produced by mappa, can wait for next episode! 
Apr 26, 2023 8:46 PM
Nov 2020
Banger Alert Banger Alert!
Apr 26, 2023 10:14 PM
Oct 2022
Damn. Our old thorfinn is back.
Apr 26, 2023 11:07 PM

Oct 2010
RioFS said:
Hyped to see that stance of Thorfinn's. Except, if that stance is meant to be used with knives, what exactly is he going to do considering he doesn't seem to have possession of any knives at the moment?

It's a stance. It's what he's used to, it's really as simple as that aside from it just being cool af and a throwback with Snake realizing what he's dealing with.

mertsi said:
I love how messy the situation gets and the standoff at the end was hype, although personally I feel Askeladd was redundant there (AYO THORFINN!! YOU GOTTA MAKE A DECISION LOL) as we just saw him stay and fight the figurative demons in Thorfinn’s subconscious. Of course, it is supposed to be a slight parallel to Canute and King Sweyn, but still.

Askeladd redundant? Bro he was one of the best things about S1, I love seeing him back in there. Besides that Askeladd is Thorfinn's ongoing imaginary mentor, there isn't any scene he'll be in that is redundant until Thorfinn's journey is complete. In this particular case it's wake up, you fought for vengence now you're fighting for what you believe in. Pacifism is what you strive for but you have to bbe able to back that up, be ready or be dead.
tishan_navod said:
Damn. Our old thorfinn is back.

Old Thorfinn? wut, this is oldER Thorfinn :P
He's not the same dude, are you watching the series and absorbing what happened over the last five odd years?

ankushm10 said:
Mannn that cliffhanger.....

Lives in your mind rent free for a week, that's just part of watching a good series the hype until the next episode, they know what they're doing.
SexyjutsuApr 26, 2023 11:39 PM
Apr 26, 2023 11:10 PM

Oct 2013
ogking31 said:
Collins89 said:
So sorry, I don't think it's the "right thing to do" by helping a serial killer who's literally unhinged get away.
Killing is the norm in this era. And the thing, Gardar is DEFENDING himself. He was enslave, you would literally try to escape yourself from slavery even trying to kill those who are trying to imprison you. Gardar has self justification on his killings unlike a serial killer. Arnheid on the otherhand had her own choice of action to free him so potentially they could both live together, and plus that's her husband who she loved, not some random dude. 

Dude didn't you see my other statement.
Yeah his motivation is different from a serial killer (that was more just word flare), and I can understand him killing his abusers but not the innocent people just doing their job on Ketils farm.

I put the scenario if in modern time some person was being abused so bad they lost it and killed their abuser I'd understand, but if while running away a police officer tries to stop them and that person kills the cop or other people trying to stop him then I don't have sympathy anymore cause you killed someone completely unrelated to your abuse who was just doing their job.

All these guys are guards for this farm, some person comes on the farm who has killed multiple people, guards go to stop him and he kills them for protecting the farm from said crazy person.
Apr 26, 2023 11:16 PM

Oct 2013
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
Collins89 said:

my problem is arnheids husband is clearly gone. she even admitted she was afraid of him when she first saw him....the dude is a psychopath, he's mentally gone, a LUNATIC!!!! I won't be surprised if he didn't even mean any of the stuff he said to her about being sorry, cuz he's insane.

Also why are they trying to help a guy escape who murder 6 people who were just doing their job of protecting the farm. Ok I feel bad for Arnheid but she drug herself into this by also going a little crazy thinking she'd take her psycho husband and runaway and live happily ever after with the baby inside of her. like y'all are just going to pretend your first kid never died because that's what's going to happen with him. he's insane!

So sorry, I don't think it's the "right thing to do" by helping a serial killer who's literally unhinged get away.

if some guy was being abused by his father and went crazy and killed his father, ok id feel bad for him and probably think he was justified in doing so. but if he then runs away and some police officer just doing his job in another state tries to stop him for questioning and that kid murders the police officer sorry I'm not going to try and help that kid get away anymore.

I could understand helping him escape after killing the masters of his that had been abusing him and treating him horribly as a slave but not after killing six random guys on another farm who was just doing their job.

also one more thing, Arnheid isn't that great of a person Knowing that einar and torfinn might be put to death just for helping them. for a guy that's literally bleeding out and will probably not even make it across the farm, who's lost his mind and is a murderer. Hell, because of the bullshit actions the one guy who was being nice to her by letting her say goodbye to her husband got his throat f****** bit out!
so yeah no wonder he pulled his sword as he's f****** dying and you try to use that somehow to justify freeing your husband.......no that's bullshit!

What she should have done is, as soon as her husband bit that dude's throat out. she should have gotten that guy's knife and killed her own husband. before he went on to cause more damage. you put down dogs with rabies not free them!

it's just dumb on so many levels!

Thank you so much for justifying it even further ! This is why I didn't like the writing for this episode and the previous, it just made no sense !

@Elucid @ogking31 , pretty much this.

right if you have to try and pick apart every little thing to try and understand what's going on or have to infer or guess what the character is thinking but everyone has a different idea of what it is.....I don't think that's the best writing.
Apr 26, 2023 11:30 PM

Oct 2013
ZXEAN said:
Collins89 said:

my problem is arnheids husband is clearly gone. she even admitted she was afraid of him when she first saw him....the dude is a psychopath, he's mentally gone, a LUNATIC!!!! I won't be surprised if he didn't even mean any of the stuff he said to her about being sorry, cuz he's insane.

Also why are they trying to help a guy escape who murder 6 people who were just doing their job of protecting the farm. Ok I feel bad for Arnheid but she drug herself into this by also going a little crazy thinking she'd take her psycho husband and runaway and live happily ever after with the baby inside of her. like y'all are just going to pretend your first kid never died because that's what's going to happen with him. he's insane!

if some guy was being abused by his father and went crazy and killed his father, ok id feel bad for him and probably think he was justified in doing so. but if he then runs away and some police officer just doing his job in another state tries to stop him for questioning and that kid murders the police officer sorry I'm not going to try and help that kid get away anymore.

I could understand helping him escape after killing the masters of his that had been abusing him and treating him horribly as a slave but not after killing six random guys on another farm who was just doing their job.

also one more thing, Arnheid isn't that great of a person Knowing that einar and torfinn might be put to death just for helping them. for a guy that's literally bleeding out and will probably not even make it across the farm, who's lost his mind and is a murderer. Hell, because of the bullshit actions the one guy who was being nice to her by letting her say goodbye to her husband got his throat f****** bit out!
so yeah no wonder he pulled his sword as he's f****** dying and you try to use that somehow to justify freeing your husband.......no that's bullshit!

What she should have done is, as soon as her husband bit that dude's throat out. she should have gotten that guy's knife and killed her own husband. before he went on to cause more damage. you put down dogs with rabies not free them!

it's just dumb on so many levels!
She is afraid of her husband because she thinks he might not except her unborn child moreover she haven't seen her husband in such a pathetic and broken state. He had completely changed. So she wants to protect her child from the Strom not herself.

He was very ill treated for soo many years what kind of reaction are you expecting from a runaway slave anyway. He is just a broken character.

He killed 6 people who were potential threat to his life and Arnied didn't dragged her self into slavery lol. What kind of bullshit are u pumping lol. For all this time she put up a fake smile in front of others but seriously she just wished for a happy family but end up being a sex slave it's just a tragedy.

Arnheid trusting Einar and Thorfinn for help is most realistic outcome. In the lowest time of your life you will always want to have someone by your side. Thorfinn and Einar provide a moral support and gave a positive hope to someone who is in a great need. We all know what's Arnheid current state of mind is. She is a very selfish character she is ready to stay as a sex slave only to make her unborn child's life fully secured, just like that she wants to save her husband without thinking about the outcome. She might also get a severe punishment for her doing but still she moved forward inorder to save her husband.

Your last statement just pure bullshit. I really don't have anything to say. It just piss me off. Will you kill your own family members in situation like this ? Seriously think before you speak bullshit.

I'll just address one thing cause the other stuff to me is subjective or both things can be true to me from various points of views.

But when you said "He killed 6 people who were threats to his life" as if it was justified him killing the guards I think that's wrong.
Just cause these guys are doing their job of stopping a threat that has entered their bosses land who has already killed multiple people for whatever reason I think you can't defend him anymore after killing the guards.

If you were an abused person and finally killed your abuser but then afraid of what might happen you flee and while on the run some cops or people try to stop you but you kill them instead. Then you are now in the wrong and can't be defended anymore.
Apr 26, 2023 11:51 PM

Jun 2015
Sexyjutsu said:
mertsi said:
I love how messy the situation gets and the standoff at the end was hype, although personally I feel Askeladd was redundant there (AYO THORFINN!! YOU GOTTA MAKE A DECISION LOL) as we just saw him stay and fight the figurative demons in Thorfinn’s subconscious. Of course, it is supposed to be a slight parallel to Canute and King Sweyn, but still.

Askeladd redundant? Bro he was one of the best things about S1, I love seeing him back in there. Besides that Askeladd is Thorfinn's ongoing imaginary mentor, there isn't any scene he'll be in that is redundant until Thorfinn's journey is complete. In this particular case it's wake up, you fought for vengence now you're fighting for what you believe in. Pacifism is what you strive for but you have to bbe able to back that up, be ready or be dead.
Perhaps I was a bit unclear, but I meant in this particular scene Askeladd is redundant from a director's standpoint. It's a pitfall for many authors to have a character state the obvious, in this case that Thorfinn is gonna have to fight or fold. There was no need for Askeladd to be there as it has been driven home for the whole season that Thorfinn has changed, and keeping his ideals in this world is gonna be a tough ordeal. I'd preferred silence between Snake's arrival and Thorfinn's decision to build dramatic tension.

But obviously this is a minor complaint as I've rated the manga 10/10 and been a fan since the very first published chapter (as I'm Fennoscandian and eat up viking stuff on the constant). Askeladd is a top tier character, but sometimes what makes those characters work is that they're not around all the time.
uh oh!
Apr 27, 2023 1:00 AM
Jan 2023
Collins89 said:
ogking31 said:
Killing is the norm in this era. And the thing, Gardar is DEFENDING himself. He was enslave, you would literally try to escape yourself from slavery even trying to kill those who are trying to imprison you. Gardar has self justification on his killings unlike a serial killer. Arnheid on the otherhand had her own choice of action to free him so potentially they could both live together, and plus that's her husband who she loved, not some random dude. 

Dude didn't you see my other statement.
Yeah his motivation is different from a serial killer (that was more just word flare), and I can understand him killing his abusers but not the innocent people just doing their job on Ketils farm.

I put the scenario if in modern time some person was being abused so bad they lost it and killed their abuser I'd understand, but if while running away a police officer tries to stop them and that person kills the cop or other people trying to stop him then I don't have sympathy anymore cause you killed someone completely unrelated to your abuse who was just doing their job.

All these guys are guards for this farm, some person comes on the farm who has killed multiple people, guards go to stop him and he kills them for protecting the farm from said crazy person.
except what they are doing is capturing a SLAVE that got away. If we use a modern ethics, one way or the other it'd still be bad. You can't use the police officer when one wasn't a slave nor can it be compared to that time. Runaway Slaves gets captured and punished. In fact helping Gardar who is a slave by Arnheid who was also a slave is literally a "right thing". she wants him or herself to be free. 
Apr 27, 2023 1:02 AM
Jan 2023
Collins89 said:
If you were an abused person and finally killed your abuser but then afraid of what might happen you flee and while on the run some cops or people try to stop you but you kill them instead. Then you are now in the wrong and can't be defended anymore.
The difference is Arnheid was never abused or was Gardar the abuser. It's a simple concept of escaping from slavery for Gardar to find his wife. 

You're comparing a modern ethics in which there' no case of slavery or restricting freedom. Bad comparison 
Apr 27, 2023 1:04 AM
Jan 2023
Collins89 said:
But when you said "He killed 6 people who were threats to his life" as if it was justified him killing the guards I think that's wrong.
Just cause these guys are doing their job of stopping a threat that has entered their bosses land who has already killed multiple people for whatever reason I think you can't defend him anymore after killing the guards.
But yet capturing a slave to make them more of a slave is right? They're the bodyguards of the farm who understands what slaves have to do which is to be confined by their masters, and they're as bad as the masters who literally buys slaves. By your logic this is also bad right? Pretty hypocritical to defend that while also trying to dispute a self defense of what was taken from you. 
Apr 27, 2023 3:24 AM
Feb 2022
What an episode, the soundtrack, the art, animation, everything just wow... Mappa knocking it out the park with this adaptation.
Apr 27, 2023 6:34 AM
Aug 2022
action drama balance is really good i prefer wit studio but mappa did it well
Apr 27, 2023 10:35 AM

Oct 2008
OMG SO EPIC!!! Thorfinn is ready to FIGHT and his stance is the most experienced way of all of years of fighting since childhood! damn!
5/5.

Apr 27, 2023 12:37 PM

May 2018
Honestly I can't pick a side in this fight. But I think Einar and Thorfinn made a stupid decision there
Apr 27, 2023 1:30 PM
Dec 2018
A question for anime watchers AND manga readers.
I really enjoy season 2, so I am planning to pick up the manga, and I am also collecting manga as a hobby, so I really wanna get Vinland Saga too (I already have Book One), so I wanna buy the next book, and then buy them continously till I catch up. 
My main question is, for those who read the manga previously, and watch the season now, where do you predict, on what chapter/volume will the anime end?
Thanks for reading through, and for the help too.
Apr 27, 2023 3:42 PM
Apr 2023
The last few moments of this episode were amazing just took a while to make it happen but thats just the farm arc :P
Apr 27, 2023 6:11 PM

Sep 2017
Oh my god what an incredible episode. I am so conflicted. Askeladd haunting Thorfinn in that moment is so perfect. I don't want him to fight, but if it's to protect something then important then it's just like what Thors had to do at times. "A true warrior doesn't need a sword." If they actually do have an uninterrupted fight here and Thorfinn wins that will be pretty incredible depending on how Snake will take it. It is still a tragic moment.

I just gotta say the old master is an incredible man. I feel like he will have a major impact on Snake's character going forward if Snake actually sticks around in the story a bit.
Apr 27, 2023 6:39 PM
Apr 2018
salpped aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Apr 27, 2023 7:07 PM

Jan 2019
Raygyerek12 said:
A question for anime watchers AND manga readers.
I really enjoy season 2, so I am planning to pick up the manga, and I am also collecting manga as a hobby, so I really wanna get Vinland Saga too (I already have Book One), so I wanna buy the next book, and then buy them continously till I catch up. 
My main question is, for those who read the manga previously, and watch the season now, where do you predict, on what chapter/volume will the anime end?
Thanks for reading through, and for the help too.

This season will most likely end at chapter 100
Apr 27, 2023 8:59 PM

May 2019
Arnheid's voice actress deserves an award for her performance. Holy shit she has been crushing the role. I always end up crying whenever her character cries.
Apr 27, 2023 10:10 PM
Dec 2020
aggressively shook my fist at that cliffhanger
Apr 28, 2023 1:30 AM
Oct 2016
Never heard an actor perform a crying seen so well before in Anime
Apr 28, 2023 1:50 AM

Sep 2020
Captainjeddy said:
Arnheid's voice actress deserves an award for her performance. Holy shit she has been crushing the role. I always end up crying whenever her character cries.
Agree. She deserves more role in future.

Titan-of-Death said:
Never heard an actor perform a crying seen so well before in Anime
Same here. It feels so natural. Arnheid VA is very talented imo.
Apr 28, 2023 7:03 AM
Aug 2021
Kinda hard for me – seeing this without a single emotion.
Apr 28, 2023 10:03 AM
Jan 2017
One of the most impressive episodes of the whole season
Apr 28, 2023 10:11 AM

Jun 2010
Bruh, I waited 16 episodes to see a little of the old Thorfinn come back. Hyped!

Apr 29, 2023 8:37 AM

Sep 2020
>self-proclaimed pacifist abandons all of his principles the moment trouble appears

hilariously accurate portrayal
Apr 29, 2023 9:48 AM
Feb 2015
So that's why the opening called paradox, To stay as pacifist and not doing anything or to break the oath and fight to protect. Thorfin have to choose between the two. Next is Thorfin VS Snake, I'm all in for it
Apr 29, 2023 11:25 AM
Apr 2023
awesome build up for next episode
Apr 29, 2023 11:38 AM
Jan 2022
That cliffhanger was criminal.
Apr 29, 2023 3:55 PM
Jan 2017
eu n queria que o thorfin se metesse na vida dos outros, sem falar que em breve eu acredito que o rei vai atacar ali, o thorfin ia ser muito util defendendo
Apr 29, 2023 8:30 PM
Jul 2021
Elovate said:
if WiT did S2 it would be 90% CGI like the first season
Apr 29, 2023 8:52 PM

Apr 2016
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'S BACCCCCCCCCCCCCCK
Apr 29, 2023 11:34 PM

May 2021
Decent episode, next episode looks promising though, 6.5/10.
Apr 30, 2023 1:25 AM
Apr 2019
it was very yes not gonna lie
Apr 30, 2023 2:38 AM

Jul 2021
The tension is too high, phenomenal episode!
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 30, 2023 3:12 AM

Sep 2020
Gavinyeet said:
Elovate said:
Did we watch the same anime ?
Apr 30, 2023 10:51 AM

May 2015
Einar? More like Simpnar.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 30, 2023 10:58 AM
May 2022
"Do you think you can beat him while you're still half-sleep?" when said Askeladd said the above line, it sent chills down my fucking spine. HOLY MOLY. this show keeps getting better and better, setting the bar even higher. MY MIND IS BLOWN AGAIN. what an episode.
Apr 30, 2023 11:03 AM

Jul 2015
Pretty good episode.Thorfinn in his old stance fighting against Snake.Hype.

Apr 30, 2023 12:20 PM
Apr 2020
great episode, really exciting
Apr 30, 2023 8:05 PM

Jun 2016
NAH THIS IS PEAK FICTION,from now on I'm going to start watching this show as soon as it drops on Monday.
May 1, 2023 8:37 AM
Jun 2015
Thorfinn and Einar came up with a good strategy, but leave it to Snake to be cautious.

Now we see Thorfinn taken up arms and fight back for his just cause! Hyped!
May 1, 2023 11:27 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Thorfin, the attack posture of his "childhood"!!! kekeke
May 1, 2023 2:56 PM

Jan 2019
This episode was a masterpiece.
May 1, 2023 4:34 PM
Apr 2023
filosofía pura gracias por todo mappa
May 1, 2023 6:38 PM
Apr 2021
Anyone else cry their eyes out in the scene where Gardar looks like he’s in heaven and starts running toward his lost kid? Or was it just me.. I’m an anime only so it hit extra hard since I don’t read the manga. Although I’m strongly considering reading it, after S2 ends!
May 3, 2023 6:41 AM
Aug 2022
Gavinyeet said:
Elovate said:
So what it was better
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you think Thorfinn's worldview is viable?

Shizuna - 6 hours ago

16 by JaysonNnN »»
16 minutes ago

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

489 by Huperchild »»
May 21, 7:33 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2023

251 by phantom346 »»
May 21, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2023

248 by phantom346 »»
May 21, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2023

213 by phantom346 »»
May 21, 1:58 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.