Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 24, 2023 10:06 PM

Feb 2012
God damn that cliffhanger pains me physically. The Askeladd scenes continue to be peak. I've had a big worry this season that Thorfinn would take his pacifist stance to an extreme and naïve point. So I'm feeling a little relieved to see him willing to fight Snake even if it's unarmed. When he took his dagger stance it was insanely hype to see.
LiquidGoldApr 24, 2023 10:16 PM
Apr 24, 2023 10:16 PM
Aug 2022
The actual best ep of the season, not that bullshit dream sequence episode
Apr 24, 2023 10:18 PM
Jan 2017
dont blue balls us like that. havent seen thorfinn fight for real in a while, next ep should be dope
Apr 24, 2023 10:32 PM

Sep 2018
Really good episode, even if that Ainhardt or however you say her name, tearful speech was a little overdone. Wasn't very immersive, all I could think of was the VA acting it out inside a studio lol
Apr 24, 2023 10:35 PM
Jul 2018
Amazing episode, I can't wait for the next one
Apr 24, 2023 10:45 PM

Sep 2015
Elucid said:
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
Hated this episode.

I'm sorry but the dialogue from Arnheid towards Einar and Thorfinn was just so bad.
First stated
"The guest was going to kill both me and Gardar"

No,Gardar was the one that decided to take on the offense by biting off of someones neck and kill him, while Snake and his men were so damn lenient towards Gardar, he still decides to kill more of his Men. Amazing how that logic works. Now that he killed 5 more Men, its reasonable enough that snake has to kill him before Gardar poses any more death.

But now we get Einar, simping for Arnheid, without any real reason as to why he wants to help her other then the fact that shes already taken, and hoping that he could still be in relationship with her.

Unless Arnheid is intentionally lying but there is no sorts of hints implying that at all !
Congrats, this is the dumbest thing I've read in like a month. Maybe actually try to see it from the perspective of Arnheid, an exhausted, pressured, terrified, and distraught woman? There's no guarantee that the guests wouldnt kill her, they don't understand the full context. Also Einar is just being a good person for her, there's no fucking simping here, he just cares for her and understands her situation.

The guy that Gardar bit off the neck, literally meant no harm to her, he disobeyed the leaders direction, there was no way he was going to kill off a non-rogue slave who is someone else's property.

And thats the other guests you were talking about, so Arnheid had no choice but to assist Gardar, after Gardar went stupid over a guy that was only touching his wife's shoulder as that guy could get in trouble if Arnheid linger any longer on the floor as HE was the one that granted her request and was nice to her. And Gardar knew full well that Arnheid is still alive and well. The strom could've been passed, but the situation clearly made it worse.

Again, why didn't Arnheid mentioned the first offense from Gardar, and the 2nd guest she knew?
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Apr 24, 2023 10:52 PM
Jan 2022
As always, this episode getting more tense. Thorfinn finally re-begin his battle and through his seeking for inner-peace. It's been a while since I lost interest to anime until I find a very good one as my 10-scored anime in my list. Vinland Saga season 2 would be the next one.
Apr 24, 2023 10:52 PM

Feb 2016
I feel like for the first time someone in this story (Snake) is in the right, yet everyone is trying to protect Gardar, even if he is (or was) a slave he absolutely deserves to die for the crimes he committed lol

btw nice work TOTALLY spoiling the conclusion of the next episode with it's post-credits preview lmao
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Apr 24, 2023 11:02 PM

Oct 2013
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
Elucid said:
Congrats, this is the dumbest thing I've read in like a month. Maybe actually try to see it from the perspective of Arnheid, an exhausted, pressured, terrified, and distraught woman? There's no guarantee that the guests wouldnt kill her, they don't understand the full context. Also Einar is just being a good person for her, there's no fucking simping here, he just cares for her and understands her situation.

The guy that Gardar bit off the neck, literally meant no harm to her, he disobeyed the leaders direction, there was no way he was going to kill off a non-rogue slave who is someone else's property.

And thats the other guests you were talking about, so Arnheid had no choice but to assist Gardar, after Gardar went stupid over a guy that was only touching his wife's shoulder as that guy could get in trouble if Arnheid linger any longer on the floor as HE was the one that granted her request and was nice to her. And Gardar knew full well that Arnheid is still alive and well. The strom could've been passed, but the situation clearly made it worse.

Again, why didn't Arnheid mentioned the first offense from Gardar, and the 2nd guest she knew?

my problem is arnheids husband is clearly gone. she even admitted she was afraid of him when she first saw him....the dude is a psychopath, he's mentally gone, a LUNATIC!!!! I won't be surprised if he didn't even mean any of the stuff he said to her about being sorry, cuz he's insane.

Also why are they trying to help a guy escape who murder 6 people who were just doing their job of protecting the farm. Ok I feel bad for Arnheid but she drug herself into this by also going a little crazy thinking she'd take her psycho husband and runaway and live happily ever after with the baby inside of her. like y'all are just going to pretend your first kid never died because that's what's going to happen with him. he's insane!

So sorry, I don't think it's the "right thing to do" by helping a serial killer who's literally unhinged get away.

if some guy was being abused by his father and went crazy and killed his father, ok id feel bad for him and probably think he was justified in doing so. but if he then runs away and some police officer just doing his job in another state tries to stop him for questioning and that kid murders the police officer sorry I'm not going to try and help that kid get away anymore.

I could understand helping him escape after killing the masters of his that had been abusing him and treating him horribly as a slave but not after killing six random guys on another farm who was just doing their job.

also one more thing, Arnheid isn't that great of a person Knowing that einar and torfinn might be put to death just for helping them. for a guy that's literally bleeding out and will probably not even make it across the farm, who's lost his mind and is a murderer. Hell, because of the bullshit actions the one guy who was being nice to her by letting her say goodbye to her husband got his throat f****** bit out!
so yeah no wonder he pulled his sword as he's f****** dying and you try to use that somehow to justify freeing your husband.......no that's bullshit!

What she should have done is, as soon as her husband bit that dude's throat out. she should have gotten that guy's knife and killed her own husband. before he went on to cause more damage. you put down dogs with rabies not free them!

it's just dumb on so many levels!
Collins89Apr 24, 2023 11:11 PM
Apr 24, 2023 11:05 PM
Apr 2023
Cliffhanger at the best moment… we see thorfinn fight for the first time in season 2
Apr 24, 2023 11:58 PM
Mind Evaporator

Feb 2017
Watched that end scene again. Still just as hype omg
Apr 25, 2023 12:40 AM
Jan 2023
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
This thinking makes no sense when the purpose of Gardar was for him to free Arnheid, so yes killing those who worked for Ketil is literally the option for him, considering he assumes Snake is Ketil who has these bodyguards with him. Gardar didn't bite him because of him touching arnheid, he literally told Arnheid to escape with him while both are being enslaved. 
Apr 25, 2023 12:43 AM
Jan 2023
Collins89 said:
So sorry, I don't think it's the "right thing to do" by helping a serial killer who's literally unhinged get away.
Killing is the norm in this era. And the thing, Gardar is DEFENDING himself. He was enslave, you would literally try to escape yourself from slavery even trying to kill those who are trying to imprison you. Gardar has self justification on his killings unlike a serial killer. Arnheid on the otherhand had her own choice of action to free him so potentially they could both live together, and plus that's her husband who she loved, not some random dude. 
Apr 25, 2023 12:52 AM
Nov 2016
Another pretty good episode, see? I'm praising the episodes now since shit is getting good, it's not about that farming crap anymore, shit is actually getting good here, it's not about the fights or the action scenes I'm looking for here, it's the story, drama, suspense, etc... and the last 2 episodes have it so I like it, this isn't about cutting lumbers and farming anymore, there are things at stake now so this anime is not fucking around anymore and I'm liking it.

I upped my rating from 6/10 to 8/10 and I may give it a 9/10 if things get even better from here.
Apr 25, 2023 1:08 AM
Dec 2022
the besttttt episode of s2
Apr 25, 2023 1:20 AM

Oct 2010
Thorfinn wakes! Let's go

Blazeizback82 said:
the besttttt episode of s2

*Fistbump*

Elucid said:

Wih you on this. Bro lost his sister and mother, nicest guy you'll ever meet.. not some fat dorito dusted desperate Only Fans subscriber. Dude needs to get a clue FR.

AOD-san said:
Watched that end scene again. Still just as hype omg

Actually.. keen. Doin' it.

God damn, I felt this. Golden five minutes.

So yeah, more than half of this episode is peak of peak. Get excited.

tallionXD said:
I feel like for the first time someone in this story (Snake) is in the right, yet everyone is trying to protect Gardar, even if he is (or was) a slave he absolutely deserves to die for the crimes he committed lol
btw nice work TOTALLY spoiling the conclusion of the next episode with it's post-credits preview lmao

What about the crime of him losing his life to slavery? It's relative.
Could be Dragonball levels of spoiling, you can't beat that.
SexyjutsuApr 26, 2023 1:04 AM
Apr 25, 2023 1:42 AM

Sep 2020
Collins89 said:
AhriTheS3xyFox said:

my problem is arnheids husband is clearly gone. she even admitted she was afraid of him when she first saw him....the dude is a psychopath, he's mentally gone, a LUNATIC!!!! I won't be surprised if he didn't even mean any of the stuff he said to her about being sorry, cuz he's insane.

Also why are they trying to help a guy escape who murder 6 people who were just doing their job of protecting the farm. Ok I feel bad for Arnheid but she drug herself into this by also going a little crazy thinking she'd take her psycho husband and runaway and live happily ever after with the baby inside of her. like y'all are just going to pretend your first kid never died because that's what's going to happen with him. he's insane!

if some guy was being abused by his father and went crazy and killed his father, ok id feel bad for him and probably think he was justified in doing so. but if he then runs away and some police officer just doing his job in another state tries to stop him for questioning and that kid murders the police officer sorry I'm not going to try and help that kid get away anymore.

I could understand helping him escape after killing the masters of his that had been abusing him and treating him horribly as a slave but not after killing six random guys on another farm who was just doing their job.

also one more thing, Arnheid isn't that great of a person Knowing that einar and torfinn might be put to death just for helping them. for a guy that's literally bleeding out and will probably not even make it across the farm, who's lost his mind and is a murderer. Hell, because of the bullshit actions the one guy who was being nice to her by letting her say goodbye to her husband got his throat f****** bit out!
so yeah no wonder he pulled his sword as he's f****** dying and you try to use that somehow to justify freeing your husband.......no that's bullshit!

What she should have done is, as soon as her husband bit that dude's throat out. she should have gotten that guy's knife and killed her own husband. before he went on to cause more damage. you put down dogs with rabies not free them!

it's just dumb on so many levels!
She is afraid of her husband because she thinks he might not except her unborn child moreover she haven't seen her husband in such a pathetic and broken state. He had completely changed. So she wants to protect her child from the Strom not herself.

He was very ill treated for soo many years what kind of reaction are you expecting from a runaway slave anyway. He is just a broken character.

He killed 6 people who were potential threat to his life and Arnied didn't dragged her self into slavery lol. What kind of bullshit are u pumping lol. For all this time she put up a fake smile in front of others but seriously she just wished for a happy family but end up being a sex slave it's just a tragedy.

Arnheid trusting Einar and Thorfinn for help is most realistic outcome. In the lowest time of your life you will always want to have someone by your side. Thorfinn and Einar provide a moral support and gave a positive hope to someone who is in a great need. We all know what's Arnheid current state of mind is. She is a very selfish character she is ready to stay as a sex slave only to make her unborn child's life fully secured, just like that she wants to save her husband without thinking about the outcome. She might also get a severe punishment for her doing but still she moved forward inorder to save her husband.

Your last statement just pure bullshit. I really don't have anything to say. It just piss me off. Will you kill your own family members in situation like this ? Seriously think before you speak bullshit.
ZXEANApr 25, 2023 2:01 AM
Apr 25, 2023 1:44 AM

Feb 2019
Thorfinn the warrior is BACK! So hyped to see it. I was so excited to see him back in his stance. No longer a warrior bent on revenge, he's now on his path to become a true warrior like his father. So excited for next episode!
Apr 25, 2023 1:51 AM

Sep 2020
Great episode. Can't wait for Thorfinn vs Snake fight next week 🤩
Apr 25, 2023 2:01 AM
May 2018
Amazing episode, I do have to question those sound effects when Snake attempts to strike at Thornfinn. It sounded like a metal-on-metal parry even though Thornfinn is unarmed and only wearing cloth and leather.
Apr 25, 2023 2:34 AM

Dec 2018
Einar pulling a mad gambit while Thorfinn is not only fighting a sword with no weapons but also himself and his own past. I can't wait to see what happens.
Apr 25, 2023 2:49 AM

Jul 2021
such good stuff. one of my fav episodes.

they are taking a hella great risk helping arnheid and gardar. i liked how the old master is helping them too.

thorfinn having sworn off violence is facing a predicament now but he has made his choice. i liked how askeladd is there with him while he's thinking. it is no surpirse though as he was the one who taught thorfinn so much about fighting and stuff not to mention he's like a father figure to him, the one whose advice he would seek.

a real and serious fight between hebi and thorfinn finally. really excited to see it but the fucking preview is fucking piece of crap. never watching previews again. tf were they thiniking putting a preview like that. brainless people.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Apr 25, 2023 3:15 AM

Nov 2021
Absolute peak, I screamed when Thorfinn got in his daggers stance. The fight gonna be insane
Apr 25, 2023 3:35 AM
Aug 2020
This is Episode is fire as always, by the way I like that Askeladd has thorfinn's back and talking to him
Apr 25, 2023 4:18 AM

Jul 2013
damn...

i love her (Mayumi Sako) performance during this scene

felt like she was really bawling at the shitty circumstances.

---

Soulblight said:
Kitsune_089 said:
the excessive amount of filler this season is killing me, were constantly getting blue balled

It's not filler, it's in the manga, there has been no filler this season so far, just some original anime scenes that didn't last too long and usually were spot on.

yeah...
made me confused as well, where were fillers in this season~? hahaha
Apr 25, 2023 4:21 AM
Feb 2013
gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood
Apr 25, 2023 4:23 AM
Jul 2021
no idea if that post credits scene just spoiled the whole next episode or if MAPPA if playing a huge prank om us
Apr 25, 2023 4:41 AM

Oct 2009
Arnheid's seiyuu brought so much emotion, I teared up. Damn...

I'm glad that Thorfinn decided to fight so quickly, unlike most pacifist characters that just get beaten up till the advisory gives up or something.

I need the next episode now!!
Apr 25, 2023 4:45 AM
Mar 2021
me waiting for the next episode:🧍‍♂️(i cant)
Apr 25, 2023 5:06 AM
Dec 2020
__prince_ said:
ohh i forgot how the fanbase of this anime was I'll just go to Attack on Titan Forums...BtW keep enjoying Fillers
The whole story from now is a filler my bruh.
Apr 25, 2023 5:13 AM

Feb 2019
The ending of this episode was truly marvelous. 

StallionXD said:
Snake is a smart guy. His clear mind made him see through Einar and Thorfinn bait.

Apr 25, 2023 5:14 AM
Jul 2022
Struggler_kens8 said:
__prince_ said:
ohh i forgot how the fanbase of this anime was I'll just go to Attack on Titan Forums...BtW keep enjoying Fillers

that's what I said bruh but some people can't digest reality....
Apr 25, 2023 5:34 AM

Jun 2016
finally vinland saga without being farming and harvesting !!!
Apr 25, 2023 5:35 AM
Aug 2020
Very Great Episode !!!!
Apr 25, 2023 6:09 AM
Jul 2022
I don't use this word lightly because I hate it but... Goddamn! Einar is 1st runner-up for simp of the year award! I don't think anyone will be able to top the pure amount of simpness he's displayed this episode! 😂

Enjoyable episode overall. I'm all for anything other than farming in this Farmland Saga.
Apr 25, 2023 6:10 AM

Sep 2020
__prince_ said:
Struggler_kens8 said:

that's what I said bruh but some people can't digest reality....
Go back to the place from where you come from.
Apr 25, 2023 6:11 AM

Mar 2020
OMLLLLLLLLLL IM FUCKIN SCREAMINNNN
Apr 25, 2023 6:15 AM
May 2020
It was so cool seeing Thorffin in his dagger pose.
Apr 25, 2023 6:30 AM
Jul 2022
the episode was lets just say TRULY BEAUTIFUl... I absolutely loved it
Apr 25, 2023 6:35 AM
Oct 2019
Plan has failed.

Snake was smart.

Damn i regret watching the preview...
Apr 25, 2023 6:41 AM
Jul 2022
the opening is actually fire. The lyrics and animation hit so hard.

I hope Einar does not get killed!!
Apr 25, 2023 6:47 AM
Apr 2023
they better have a epic fight scene next episode 😤
Apr 25, 2023 6:47 AM

Sep 2020
H8drian said:
I don't use this word lightly because I hate it but... Goddamn! Einar is 1st runner-up for simp of the year award! I don't think anyone will be able to top the pure amount of simpness he's displayed this episode! 😂

Enjoyable episode overall. I'm all for anything other than farming in this Farmland Saga.
Anything but not a simp. Honest he is one of the purest character in Vinland Saga he just want to see Arnheid happy for that he is risking his life.
Apr 25, 2023 6:55 AM
Jul 2022
ZXEAN said:
H8drian said:

Anything but not a simp. Honest he is one of the purest character in Vinland Saga he just want to see Arnheid happy for that he is risking his life.

LOL! Yea he's anything but a simp! 😆
I bet if they pull off the escape, he'll ask to be their servant so that he can stand guard during the conception of another child. Totally NOT a simp. More like a watch dog. 🤣
Apr 25, 2023 7:32 AM

Sep 2020
H8drian said:
ZXEAN said:

I bet if they pull off the escape, he'll ask to be their servant so that he can stand guard during the conception of another child. Totally NOT a simp. More like a watch dog. 🤣
Didn't laugh. Think for a better joke next time 🥴
Apr 25, 2023 7:45 AM
May 2021
To have what I felt be animated in the same moment, where Snake's nerves lit up to fight is incomparable.
Definitely loved this episode, it was worth the slow pacing for this one.
Apr 25, 2023 7:47 AM
Jan 2018
So they were hiding him right under their noses….. but he was unconscious so I guess they couldn’t sense him right away?
Apr 25, 2023 7:51 AM

Mar 2020
The guy who have no enemies when someone rightfully tries to kill a serial killer
Apr 25, 2023 8:44 AM

Jun 2019
Thorfinn finna throw hands with Snake 👀
Apr 25, 2023 9:03 AM

Jan 2019
H8drian said:
ZXEAN said:

Dude, you're so funny that I forgot to laugh.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2023

375 by phantom346 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2023

167 by Limpan31 »»
Sep 15, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2023

384 by Limpan31 »»
Sep 15, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2023

305 by TerryDiams75 »»
Sep 14, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2023

509 by Limpan31 »»
Sep 13, 12:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.