Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru: Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta Episode 1 Discussion

I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in The Real World, Too (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Apr 7, 2023 10:31 AM
Jun 2021
Good start! Need more episode to full review.
Apr 7, 2023 10:48 AM

May 2019
Decent start to this but I didn't care much that the MC became fit and taller overnight, I thought it would've been better to see him lose weight overtime as he ate better and trained with his newly found weapons.

Anyways, I do like the art style and character designs. Production values seem good too. Btw, the girl that showed up at the very end, is that the same one that he indirectly rescued by getting beat up by those thugs? Definitely curious what role she will have as this series progresses.
Apr 7, 2023 3:57 PM
Nov 2018
Brilliant first episode, what a way to start the anime.
Apr 8, 2023 1:05 AM
Dec 2022
loved the story just the subtitles need to be more efficient.
Apr 8, 2023 1:57 AM

May 2009
Holy shit what absolute lazy writing and pandering to lowest of low selfinserts. Fatso had already own house, now he also has become chad after killing monsters that couldn't touch him.
Apr 8, 2023 2:54 AM

Feb 2012
Maybe becuz the evolution fruit by the same author was SO BAD that my expectations couldn't be lower but this was better I guess?
Apr 8, 2023 6:44 AM
Jun 2019
I read both the manga and light novel, for me the first episode is just way too fast. I don't get the feeling that I got while reading the manga/light novel. There's so much description that skipped and it's kind of dissappointing.
Apr 8, 2023 6:50 AM
Jan 2016
After reading the Manga, I'm disappointed that they seem to have cut out the part where the teachers also treat him like excrement... I'm glad that they managed to make it to "Chad version being picked up by the girl fatso version saved" point quickly, but it seems like the censors might be toning down this Anime already, which would not be the best sign given that it may mean the Manga's plot developments (which can be pretty brutal/censor offending) might be toned down too.

I agree that this panders to the selfinserts, and so far it seems to be the "junk food from a knockoff brand" of anime, but sometimes that does serve a market
Apr 8, 2023 8:57 AM

Sep 2007
I went into this with zero expectations and just thought it was just going to be return of Truck-kun, be reborn as an OP character, and be full of pure fan-service etc. etc. but I thought the way they delivered this first episode was really good:  the way it established his background etc. and didn't go the traditional "death by Truck-kun and then reborn" route.....

Imo gave it a bit more uniqueness compared to the other Isekai manwhas/anime/manga I've read recently.

Has potential, Really interested to see how this goes...
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Apr 8, 2023 9:52 AM

Oct 2015
Idk, it just ticks everything which i need in my life, mc bullied and op? Well, count me in!
Apr 8, 2023 4:20 PM
Aug 2021
The animation is beyond my expectation (I haven't watched the trailer)
but wow, I hope A-1 doesn't ruin Solo Leveling.
at first I thought MAPPA animated this, but it's not.
the sfx when the ogre (?) attacked him, I also thought ufotable did that lol.
The animation is great, but the story is kinda lame/clise/too fast for episode 1, the way when they explain about the system was ridiculous, he just beat 1 ogre and leveled up to level 100 wtf, even that ogre was high level monster, it acted like hilichurl when see traveler lol.
I'm looking forward for the next episodes
Apr 8, 2023 9:57 PM
Oct 2020
Zamn, so he can go in and out. This is a nice change of pace for the goofy isekai genre
Apr 9, 2023 6:35 AM
Apr 2022
feels like lookism got an isekai anime adaptation
Apr 9, 2023 10:15 AM
Sep 2019
The first episode is similar to classic isekai but with a nice twist, it feels fresh to watch alternate worlds. Ower all a pretty nice entrance to the series.
Apr 9, 2023 3:38 PM
Dec 2018
amazing episode.
Apr 9, 2023 4:27 PM
Feb 2022
The art was amazing, but I was pretty disappointed that the MC suddenly changed into some generic character design. His original design was cool and unique. The story was pretty awful though, the MC gets OP for nothing and in the most boring way possible. The Fruit of Evolution had a better and more unique version of pretty much the same first episode. I don't think I'll be giving it another episode since there are already multiple better isekais out this season + shows with great animation. 
Apr 10, 2023 6:31 AM
Oct 2016
Why do people feel the need to bully larger people and then when their appearance changes, suddenly not recognize them and love them? Doesn't work that way. You can't be forgiven for being a bully; I'm looking at you you twins in the background.
Apr 10, 2023 8:53 AM
Apr 2021
Kinda weird! But I really want to know what will happen later on. This episode went by so fast. 
Apr 10, 2023 7:32 PM
Sep 2013
Even though it's just anime/fiction, the way it converts into money makes me worried about its serial number and such, although magic could also take care of it
Apr 10, 2023 7:58 PM
Aug 2021
Ep 2 was so terrifyingly accurate that it had to pause it halfway through just so I could compose myself and prepare for the rest of the episode it almost gave me a panic attack but it’s fantastic how close to life it is :)
Apr 11, 2023 6:15 AM
Feb 2021
Wow, really just like a "and everyone clapped" type story just everything everyone complains about isekais that it's just the main character has a difficult life but suddenly everything turns out perfect when he found a portal to another world.
Apr 11, 2023 7:50 AM
Dec 2019
Its so generic it made me die inside. Your usual power trip story, of some poor MC getting skills and points for doing whatever conveniently. dog shit
Apr 11, 2023 10:48 AM

Jun 2021
I rarely watch Isekai these days. So I'm looking for a decent one. Let's see if it will keep me interested.
RedcherApr 11, 2023 10:52 AM
Apr 11, 2023 4:37 PM
Jan 2023
I thought this was gonna be another trope shitshow, but it's actually got a pretty good foundation and main character. Also the art is really good, and you can actually easily tell characters apart because of the great artstyle.
Apr 11, 2023 8:27 PM
May 2017
i swear ive seen this exact same origin story somewhere else
Apr 11, 2023 10:33 PM
Sep 2016
This guy boosting and whaling.
Apr 12, 2023 1:00 AM
Apr 2023
Strictly judging by the items, it seems like it was made so he can oneshot overything, might be fun if they take the one punch man approach
Apr 12, 2023 5:16 AM
May 2020
I have been waiting for adaptation for so long now.
WO HO
Apr 12, 2023 7:36 AM

Jan 2018
GaMuNu said:
I have been waiting for adaptation for so long now.
WO HO
I hope the later episodes dont use much or any CGI. I feel like that would be the one thing knowing this studio that could ruin the adaptation.
Apr 12, 2023 10:29 AM

Mar 2008
Yuuya's voice didn't really feel like it fit right with him being overweight. You don't hear the weight in his voice any. Sure there are heavy people with voices like that im sure but the VA could have put a little something extra into it to make it more convincing he's overweight and without going overboard on it.

I think I like the art style of this. Mainly the eyes.

Earlier part of the episode was more interesting than later. Yuuya finding that room was cool and all but him just getting leveled up for no reason just feels dull to watch.
Apr 13, 2023 10:25 PM
Aug 2022
He deadass became op AND handsome from a door. A DOOR. This Has To Be The Best Isekai Yet.
Apr 13, 2023 10:41 PM
Oct 2020
idk if its because im half sleep right now but i thought this was really boring, the animation was also kinda bad specially on the scenes were the characters were supposed to walk or run away, it looks like they are standing still

but... first episode, maybe it gets better...
drayareturnApr 13, 2023 10:46 PM
Apr 14, 2023 11:17 AM
Dec 2022
I hated how everyone hated Yuuya just cuz he's fat, even his own family. Only his grandpa's nice to him. His grandpa traveled all over the world and brought momento's, and one of them was a door to another world?? How fortunate. Sounds like a Narnia thing XD. Yuuya gained a lot of weapons, items, and a new look just from spending who know how long he's visited. Can't wait to see how this'll effect his life in the real world!
Apr 14, 2023 12:38 PM

Jan 2018
Anime-Otaku123 said:
I hated how everyone hated Yuuya just cuz he's fat, even his own family. Only his grandpa's nice to him. His grandpa traveled all over the world and brought momento's, and one of them was a door to another world?? How fortunate. Sounds like a Narnia thing XD. Yuuya gained a lot of weapons, items, and a new look just from spending who know how long he's visited. Can't wait to see how this'll effect his life in the real world!
So im not the only one that was thinking about Narnia when Yuuya discovered the door to another world? Nice
Apr 14, 2023 3:07 PM

May 2018
ngl I kinda like the way they prioritised the art over the animation. It was quite cool but did feel like a fan-animation at times
Apr 15, 2023 1:09 AM
Apr 2012
Damn this story is literal garbage. 
Apr 17, 2023 1:43 PM
Jan 2023
very very awesome
Apr 17, 2023 9:14 PM
Apr 2018
Classic isekai tropes. Decent mc with depressing backstory i like his honesty and down to earth personality and has spine importantly. Also hardworking as well doesnt take it easy. good stuff
lets see where it goes 
Apr 19, 2023 6:04 PM

Apr 2020
What an awesome first episode for an isekai! I love the backstory and personality they gave the MC, not enough stories do that. I also like how he transmigrated to another world, of course it isn't anything super special but it's new and different, at least for isekai anime. The first episode was immersive and I like how gradual the tone shifted. I also enjoyed the "insert character" MC where I could feel the awesomeness, but also the initial curiosity and terror of being in another world. He'll certainly be OP but they presented it in a satisfying way. I also like how the author of the story is the same for the fruit of evolution, I feel some similarities especially with the game-like nature of the world, even though that story is very different from this one.
ow + nw = 90-2000s

Apr 20, 2023 6:53 AM
Nov 2022
good anime, not same as another isekai anime
Apr 20, 2023 8:35 PM

Jan 2021
Ok this anime is like your generic isekai but is like more
At the beggining you truly feel like the MC doesn't have a good time and the bullying is like so much hard than others animes where the student is the part time loser of the classroom
I like how everything is taking form (the MC is a f'cking camper literally farmed like 10000 xp in his house taking advantage of the invincible wall)

The only thing that i didn't like was the moment when everyone see him with his new body, I wanted a 'HAHAHA BITCH.S LOOKS WHO'S BACK' but no... it was more like 'h.. ey guy...s plz don't hurt me' 
Bruh you killed a demon in your backyard why are you scared of students?

Apr 24, 2023 9:27 AM
Feb 2020
beautiful i love it
Apr 24, 2023 7:01 PM
Jan 2021
Yuuya Tenjou... What an interesting specimen...

I felt so much pain on the inside watching Yuuya's struggles and knowing the only person who was kind to him was his grandfather. I'm glad his grandfather was smart enough to make sure there was no way for Yuuya's parents to take away his inheritance.

I wonder if he was simply born fat and could never lose the weight or if it's more of a psychological thing that happened.

Either way, his upbringing is reminiscent of Naruto since both were treated as outcasts by practically everyone around them. That woman that he stood up for didn't though, and I don't know how she was able to seek him out.

I wonder if he'll continue to explore the magical world. Interesting stuff so far and I can't guarantee that I'll watch the entire series, but at minimum I will watch the second episode!
Apr 24, 2023 10:59 PM
Apr 25, 2023 10:28 PM
Feb 2020
A concept that has been used before, however, it seems this may be focused on how he uses his skills outside of the isekai world.
Apr 26, 2023 2:13 AM
Apr 2023
Ok tier. Feeling curious.
Apr 26, 2023 2:26 PM

Sep 2022
Yuuya's grandpa has changed Yuuya's life ever since Yuuya has discovered the other world.

Loved how this episode introduces me on how one went from living a life full of hell, to now living a life that's actually worth living.

All in all, I really love this introduction to the series and hope that it can bring more fun and exciting events that are worth watching.
Apr 26, 2023 8:26 PM
Aug 2021
so trash, the most blantent power fanatsy
May 1, 2023 4:25 PM
May 2023
STORY BAD. GRAPIC BAD. INTERACTION BAD SAME WITH CHESS GAME TAKE TURN. MC BAD
May 2, 2023 9:56 PM

Apr 2009
anime made in Slide mode.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» Genuine question: Who actually enjoyed this show? ( 1 2 )

KuyaC - Mar 26

72 by Dransyo »»
Aug 14, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru: Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2023

232 by bilge0209 »»
Jul 30, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru: Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2023

115 by Azuchi »»
Jul 14, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru: Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2023

242 by Azuchi »»
Jul 13, 8:44 AM

» It's so good

Zezul - Apr 24, 2023

10 by lawleagle »»
Jun 16, 10:01 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.