Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Dec 11, 2021 8:37 PM

May 2009
Owent10 said:
Hello - I signed up for Elf Gift for Manga edition and Gift Exchange for Anime edition.

I got the confirmation form and I remember there was a manga checkbox so I selected Elf Gift. I honestly can't remember if there was an option to select gift exchange for anime or not

Just to make sure, am I confirmed for anime gift exchange? Thanks!

You don't need to confirm for elf gift, just for gift exchange. I checked and everything is fine. You're on the gift exchange list for anime and elf gift for manga as you're supposed to be. :)
Dec 12, 2021 8:29 AM

Aug 2020
So I submitted my confirmation form within the first 10mins I was sent the form so when do I get my santa?

Dec 12, 2021 9:18 AM

May 2009
@_REDOX_ Kineta posted an update yesterday:

Dec 11 is here and the "-ish" attached to Dec 11 will now come into effect.
Our workshop is doing its best to ensure everyone gets a Santa with something interesting to recommend that fits your requested Likes/Dislikes. So it is likely we will go over time. Please be patient and we'll keep you updated with our progress!
Dec 12, 2021 11:05 PM

Jul 2021
I had confirmed myself by filling the form before dec 7 but why I still haven't received any names yet? and the gift deadline is near too
Dec 13, 2021 1:15 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Santa's Matching List is nearly finished.
However, it's the middle of the night in NA and morning/midday in EU. So we will not be PMing recipients until after NA has had a chance to get some sleep and EU is free after work/school. Please understand.

We're sorry we went over time this year but there were many difficult requests and lists to work with. Please know we tried our very best to get you a recipient which you could recommend something that they would like and that you also like. If it didn't work out exactly right, we're sorry.

Thanks for your patience, and the workshop will catch you in a few hours.
Dec 13, 2021 7:05 AM

May 2021
Kineta said:
Santa's Matching List is nearly finished.
However, it's the middle of the night in NA and morning/midday in EU. So we will not be PMing recipients until after NA has had a chance to get some sleep and EU is free after work/school. Please understand.

We're sorry we went over time this year but there were many difficult requests and lists to work with. Please know we tried our very best to get you a recipient which you could recommend something that they would like and that you also like. If it didn't work out exactly right, we're sorry.

Thanks for your patience, and the workshop will catch you in a few hours.

No problem, can't wait to start 🤩
Don't worry if things don't work out exactly right, with gifts it's the thought that counts :)
Thanks so much to all the elves for your hard work making this event happen, and i guess see you in a few hours :D
Dec 13, 2021 7:13 AM

Sep 2017
DigiCat said:
No problem, can't wait to start 🤩
Don't worry if things don't work out exactly right, with gifts it's the thought that counts :)
Thanks so much to all the elves for your hard work making this event happen, and i guess see you in a few hours :D

This, word for word.

Thanks for your work guys ;)
Dec 13, 2021 10:26 AM

May 2018
Will the deadline be extended? Thanks!
Dec 13, 2021 12:17 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Anime and Image Recipients are being sent out now. There are 1,000+ matches and it's all done manually, so it will take some time to PM everyone.
Manga will follow as soon as the last matches are tied up. So please don't panic if you don't receive it at the same time as the others.

red1130 said:
The gift deadline will not be extended as we will still need to quality check all gifts received and make back up gifts for no-shows in enough time for Christmas. Please understand.
Dec 13, 2021 12:31 PM

May 2021
Kineta said:
Anime and Image Recipients are being sent out now. There are 1,000+ matches and it's all done manually, so it will take some time to PM everyone.
Manga will follow as soon as the last matches are tied up. So please don't panic if you don't receive it at the same time as the others.

red1130 said:
The gift deadline will not be extended as we will still need to quality check all gifts received and make back up gifts for no-shows in enough time for Christmas. Please understand.

Wow! that's a loooot of gift matches
Dec 13, 2021 1:07 PM

Dec 2015
I've got a question about giving multiple recommendations - if I recommend more than one series, should I write a paragraph about why I'm recommending each? Or is it like last year, when there was one main recommendation that we were supposed to write more about and then for any additional ones a very short description was enough?

Sorry if it's somewhere in the message and I somehow missed it ^^'
Dec 13, 2021 1:17 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
@Gwathgor We have had a problem over the years of people just dumping a list of like 15+ anime titles after their main recommendation with no supporting text :'D So this year, we decided on a limit of max 3 recommendations and are asking for four sentences each. Sorry, this information is only on the Giftbox form. I forgot to include it in the updated PM orz.
Dec 13, 2021 1:22 PM

Dec 2015
Kineta said:
@Gwathgor We have had a problem over the years of people just dumping a list of like 15+ anime titles after their main recommendation with no supporting text :'D So this year, we decided on a limit of max 3 recommendations and are asking for four sentences each. Sorry, this information is only on the Giftbox form. I forgot to include it in the updated PM orz.

Gotcha, thanks for the answer ^^
Dec 13, 2021 2:53 PM

May 2021
Submitted my anime gift :D
I'm ready for manga gift whenever the elves are ready :3
Dec 13, 2021 6:21 PM

May 2021
Submitted my manga gift too... and just realized what "Please link the database entry for the user." meant, and yes i forgot to do that with anime gift, what do i do??
Dec 13, 2021 6:40 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Everyone should have received their recipients now. If you didn't, hit the panic button and mention me.

Aside from that, SANTA'S WORKSHOP is LIGHTS OUT until mid/end-Wednesday. Our elves need to tend to the reindeer, catch up on penguin news, and put their feet up a bit. We'll be back to respond to non-urgent questions and concerns on Wednesday!

Thank you and please take your time to make a nice gift for your recipient~

DigiCat said:
Submitted my manga gift too... and just realized what "Please link the database entry for the user." meant, and yes i forgot to do that with anime gift, what do i do??
It's fine, we can fix it~
Dec 13, 2021 7:45 PM

May 2021
Kineta said:

DigiCat said:
It's fine, we can fix it~

Dec 14, 2021 8:20 AM

May 2018
I have submitted my gift to the elves. I hope that the recipient likes my recommendation!
Dec 14, 2021 12:54 PM

Mar 2008
Missed the deadline because of work. Something to look forward to for next year I suppose! I hope everyone has a wonderful experience with this event whether they are participating for the first time or returning for more holiday fun. :)
Dec 15, 2021 7:02 AM
Jun 2021
Kineta, I have submitted my gift to the elfs. Should I receive any confirmation for my gift exchange?
Dec 16, 2021 4:29 AM

Feb 2019
All done with my three gifts, can't wait to see what they think.
Thanks to all the elves for the great work this year!!

『ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴ-ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴊᴜᴅɢᴇ ᴏꜰ ꜰɪʀᴇ』

Then her jaw slackened as she muttered out.
[I... am the bi◼️?]

☽ † ☾
- ᴅᴇʟɪᴠᴇʀɪᴇꜱ
- ꜱɪɢ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ʙʏ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴᴛᴡɪɢ

Dec 16, 2021 10:35 AM

May 2009
Oliver2085 said:
Kineta, I have submitted my gift to the elfs. Should I receive any confirmation for my gift exchange?

If you don't hear from the elves, that means we received them and everything is fine.
Dec 16, 2021 11:47 AM
Jun 2021
DeadlyRaven said:
Oliver2085 said:

If you don't hear from the elves, that means we received them and everything is fine.

Thanks mate.
Dec 16, 2021 9:20 PM

Oct 2014
I submitted my gift. Thanks for holding the event.
Dec 19, 2021 5:42 PM

Aug 2009
There hasn't been a restriction on the maximum amount of anime recs on previous years so I've written my recs as I always did (one main and a bunch of additional ones), because I didn't know about this whole "3 maximum" ordeal until the very moment I opened the google form. It would be a waste to delete what I already wrote so I've sent it as it is.
Please note about the restrictions in the forum thread with other rules next time. Also I kinda don't understand the point of adding this restriction - recipients are not obliged to watch everything on the list.
???
Dec 21, 2021 9:03 PM

Jan 2019
Oh, i think im kinda late 4 this but, i really wanna make backup gifts (anime and images) if u guys need.
Send a gift make me feel really happy, so i really wanna help.
Dec 22, 2021 5:00 PM
Oct 2019
I don't know if I'm late but I didn't get my gift :(
Dec 22, 2021 5:17 PM

May 2009
Cj- said:
I don't know if I'm late but I didn't get my gift :(

They haven't been sent yet. :)

They're going to be sent around these dates:
Present Opening: Dec 24 ~ Dec 26

It could be a bit late because we had a huge amount of sign-ups this year.
Dec 24, 2021 2:02 PM

May 2018
Merry Christmas everyone! Waiting for my gift :)
Dec 25, 2021 10:08 AM

Oct 2020
MERRY CHRISTMAS
Dec 25, 2021 1:14 PM

Sep 2017
Merry Christmas people ^^
Dec 26, 2021 12:47 AM

Jun 2016
Did you guys receive anything?
Dec 26, 2021 4:59 AM

Sep 2019
Delancie said:

nah man, we probably will tho
one piece
episode 321
15:46 (or 16:33)
you're welcome
Dec 26, 2021 5:04 AM

Oct 2019
Last year I received my gift on December 27, so I think that we will receive our presents tomorrow.
BOŽE ČUVAJ HRVATSKU
Dec 26, 2021 5:47 AM

Sep 2017
Delancie said:

Lots ^^

My father offered me a week end in some kind of yurt in the north of the country for 2 people, can't wait to test it out ^^

Edit : if you're talking about the MAL event, I'm still waiting for it ;p
MoonspeakDec 26, 2021 5:55 AM
Dec 26, 2021 9:24 AM
Jul 2017
Delancie said:
Not yet
Dec 26, 2021 9:41 AM

Dec 2013
Santa's Workshop is still whipping up gifts for users with Naughty Santas! We will post once we start sending out gifts, please just be patient~
Dec 26, 2021 10:08 AM

Oct 2019
Elf-pyon said:
Santa's Workshop is still whipping up gifts for users with Naughty Santas! We will post once we start sending out gifts, please just be patient~

How long until you start sending the gifts?
BOŽE ČUVAJ HRVATSKU
Dec 26, 2021 10:24 AM

Jun 2017
Elf-pyon said:
you mean that everyone else got their gifts?
Dec 26, 2021 10:28 AM

Dec 2018
capricuernos said:
Elf-pyon said:
you mean that everyone else got their gifts?
Im pretty sure they’re going to send them all at once, or at least in a similar time frame. This post is just saying that some people bailed on making their gifts, therefore the folks behind the event are creating some replacement gifts which is delaying the distribution.
Dec 26, 2021 1:57 PM

Oct 2019
crotaku15 said:
Elf-pyon said:

How long until you start sending the gifts?

There are naughty Santas every year, but the elves cannot control how many naughty Santas there are. And so the elves work furiously behind the scenes in lieu of the naughty Santas, and make sure everyone gets their MAL present at roughly the same time.

The elves are putting in some hard work right now (out of their own personal time no less), and so I think it is fair to be patient with the process. Cheers!
Dec 26, 2021 2:45 PM

Dec 2012
The only thing I'm worried about is whether my gift was actually saved. I'm sorry, is there any way to confirm that the gift was saved by the form? After filling out the form, I did not get confirmation that it was actually submitted or accepted. This is my first time participating in this event and I'm not sure how it works in practice. I don't have any problem with delays, I just still have a concern that something may have been wrong with the form.
Dec 26, 2021 3:13 PM

Oct 2019
Emronnn said:
The only thing I'm worried about is whether my gift was actually saved. I'm sorry, is there any way to confirm that the gift was saved by the form? After filling out the form, I did not get confirmation that it was actually submitted or accepted. This is my first time participating in this event and I'm not sure how it works in practice. I don't have any problem with delays, I just still have a concern that something may have been wrong with the form.

No, there is no such confirmation when the submission is made, but I believe you only get a notification if something is wrong with your gift. So no news is good news.

You can crosscheck your name when the Secret Santa reveal happens in a few days. Until then, I suggest trusting the process and not worrying too much about it. :-)
Dec 26, 2021 4:04 PM
Nov 2018
Yo didn't get receipt ;(
Dec 26, 2021 5:14 PM
May 2019
has anyone received their gifts yet?
Dec 26, 2021 6:27 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Strawb3rryCake said:
has anyone received their gifts yet?

I don't think they started sending them out yet because based on earlier answers (please correct me if I'm wrong so I can edit this) quite a few santas (gift makers) didn't submit their gifts in time or weren't able to gift something suitable.

We'll have to be patient a little while longer.
I assume they'll announce it here when they start sending them out

In the meantime just watch or read something off of your Plan to Watch I guess ^^
I'm reading the Witch's House atm
Dec 26, 2021 6:42 PM

Oct 2019
If prior years are an indication, then you will get your gifts in a private message from the elves. Be patient. Last year the gifts were sent out in the morning of Dec. 27, so use that as a guideline if you will.
Dec 26, 2021 6:42 PM

May 2009
Exactly what was said above. :) We also have a lot more sign-ups this year.

The elves are trying their best to deliver the gifts as soon as possible, but nothing has been sent yet. Please be patient with us. (Feel free to send us coffee T^T)

We'll post a message when everything has been sent.
Dec 27, 2021 9:41 AM

Oct 2019
Has anyone received anything?
BOŽE ČUVAJ HRVATSKU
Dec 27, 2021 10:54 AM

Jan 2015
nope, not yet
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» Summer Stack Challenges 🎾 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Jul 30

296 by ScaryOwl »»
1 hour ago

» MAL Game "Fantasy Anime League" Opens for Fall 2024 ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Sep 12

105 by RED-clover12 »»
8 hours ago

» MAL Game "Fantasy Anime League" Opens for Spring 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kineta - Mar 17

156 by badabass »»
Sep 17, 5:59 PM

» Join MAL's Moderator Team!

Kineta - Sep 12

0 by Kineta »»
Sep 12, 7:26 PM

» Related Anime/Manga Section Changes ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - May 23

124 by Chronowarp »»
Sep 10, 5:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.