Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 31, 2021 6:24 AM
Sep 2018
Wow I gotta say this last episode of the season really hit me with Ai saying she was grateful that she has friends such as the girls. You just admire all of their friendship together and wish it was for real with yourself. Also I knew that teacher was up to something, it probably goes to show his true colours although you just aren’t sure if he’s gonna continue going out with Ai’s mum. Gotta wait and see for the special episode!
Mar 31, 2021 6:36 AM

May 2019
Just wanted to say that I'm currently at 09:45 and that Sawaki monster just said Deidara's line I can't

EDIT: Okay, I'm already after the episode: Kinda a disappointment. I hate the fact that this Sawaki monster just straight-up said that Ai loved him. Like, you don't have to spoon-feed us with everything, geez. I'm really glad anyone at least tried to produce an anime more original than the endless sea of seasonal isekai
karemi_Mar 31, 2021 6:55 AM
Mar 31, 2021 6:41 AM

Jan 2019
Isn't the penultimate episode of the anime a little too late to introduce a whole new concept like parallel realities? I have the impression that Wonder Egg Priority is totally lost when explaining what is behind all the mysteries of this story, resorting to these science fiction concepts such as artificial intelligence and parallel worlds without there being any foreshadowing for them in the previous episodes, which were mostly focused on exploring the social problems and causes of girls' suicides. There are a lot of bad things about the Wonder Egg Priority final stretch, unfortunately. This change in the direction of things was terrible, going from a story with a focus on understanding social problems and conveying a message of valuing life to a story in which all that matters is defeating the final boss. I don't need to wait for the year to end to safely say that Wonder Egg Priority is one of the most disappointing animes of 2021.
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I'll tell them they're wrong every single time."
Mar 31, 2021 6:51 AM
Mar 2021
Number one reason to not commit suicide: Mom will be sad
Mar 31, 2021 7:01 AM

May 2020
nasamelon said:
Number one reason to not commit suicide: Mom will be sad

I kinda relate to that statement haha

𝕔𝕙𝕚𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕘

Mar 31, 2021 7:05 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, rushed finale, i see. Need to lessen my comment here by putting a spoiler tab on it. Please don't mind it at all

Anyway, the special episode looks like to concluded Frill and the mannequin child saga. How its supposed to end? Classic battle with the power of friendship from all of them? Or get a help from every wonder egg they saved previously? Whats the real end they got there? Ironic. But i am surely looking forward to see that!

For this sole 12 episodes series, this is my final score, considering every episodes i understand so far:

Story: 5 (ending 3/10, the rest 8/10)
Visual: 9
Audio: 9
Characters: 7
Enjoyment: 6
Overall averaging score: 7/10.
Nice try CloverWork. At least i am still appreciate the effort with those stunning visuals, ngl. Even though the story element still shit, near the end. I am still very generous to hold my score at 7. Be glad.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 31, 2021 7:07 AM

Mar 2020
Ashhk said:
spaesu said:
so was this the final episode? or is there gonna be an episode 13? its kinda confusing with how they had that recap episode and stuff, hope they dont make us wait for a blu-ray or something?
Ai says "thanks for watching" at the very end so it's the final one yes

it's not the last one, there were supposed to be only 12 episodes but the 8th episode was an unplanned recap so now the last episode will be pushed to be aired in June.
Mar 31, 2021 7:24 AM
Apr 2020
Well that was an super messed up ending... I wish that on their extra episode announcement on June 29 they explained it everything.. It was such an amazing anime with a great animation, decent character developments and a super unique plot. Please don't ruined it, Cloverworks. Don't do this the same as horrible TPN S2...

For now I'll give this 8/10. I might change it depending on the extra ep's conclusion
Mar 31, 2021 7:26 AM
Jan 2011
There's going to be a special. This is not the true end people. So far it seems good.
Mar 31, 2021 7:45 AM

Feb 2020
...Wut ? I know there's another episode coming in June, but still, what happened ? How am I supposed to interpret it ? What does it mean ?! I have a few theories but there's always elements that contradict them...
From what I understood, the whole point is to tell us that the one Ai really needed to save was herself, okay, that's a very good message, but metaphors aside, what actually happened in terms of real plot ? If we didn't have this whole sci-fi story I would've started thinking Ai and the others were the ones who killed themselves and the point was for them to save their own soul, but it doesn't work since they decided to add a plot that changes absolutely everything ! And regarding that, are the suicides supposed to be taken seriously, as actual consequences of the girls' trauma, or simply as the result of Frill going crazy with computers (how did she even do that) ? I don't think the show itself even knows, it looks like it doesn't know what's metaphorical and what isn't, it's like there are two stories in one ! That's frustrating, really, because even if I don't agree with all the messages (especially regarding Ai, she herself is a character I really like but the messages like "Yeah Koito was a fake friend but at least I wasn't alone" rub me the wrong way), at least there was something sincere in this show, there's heart, and this heart is still present in the last episode but it's being stomped over by a confusing plot.
Well, that's what happened when a show is too ambitious for its own good... It's sad, really. But it was still a good experience so I don't want to be too harsh, I give it a 6/10 and I hope the last episode will correct some flaws, even if I don't expecting it to save everything.
Mar 31, 2021 7:46 AM
Jan 2020
Soooo ... Sawaki wasnt fisicaly abusing Koito / Ai-2 more like psycologicaly pushing them to suicide. Cause Ai 2 comes from a world where Koito never joined her school deviating Sawaki's attention from herand possibly some of the bulling.
What i dont get is why Ai seems to till trust Sawaki over Koito even after all she saw she supports her mom marrying the guy and Neiru calls Koito a false friend, wich hastocome from something Ai said, but isnt showed in tthe anime
Mar 31, 2021 7:57 AM

Jul 2019
this episode was very trippy lmao
Mar 31, 2021 7:57 AM

Jul 2019
Amalik0029 said:
Why so many 1 rating ,the ending was not bad it was just a bit confusing

bots haven been downvoting polls of episodes of a lot of anime finales
Mar 31, 2021 8:00 AM
Dec 2018
I liked ai's character development but there are too many things jumbled in the show. They made it about a parallel universe afterall without actually explaining how frill even ended up there and what is the actually process of "temptation of death".

Do the creators just expect us to accept everything and go with the flow?

And whats up with sudden change in momoe? Blaming it on others?

Was expecting a lot more from this show
Mar 31, 2021 8:08 AM
Oct 2019
On the website liked on MAL on the News section it's written that there will be a special episode but I'm not sure what that'll be about (I used google translate to understand something)
Mar 31, 2021 8:09 AM
Aug 2013
This show really went to shit when they introduced Frill. I don't even think the "special" in June can save it tbh.
Mar 31, 2021 8:13 AM
Mar 2018
If this were the ending it would have been pretty awful, but, this is not the ending.

A very strong episode with striking directorial and visual choices. Probably, one of the best we've seen in the series.

Fingers crossed for the finale.
Mar 31, 2021 8:46 AM

Aug 2020
Nice, episode mainly focusing on Ai, and the last one too..
Mar 31, 2021 8:47 AM

Apr 2020
Damn if this was the true ending of the show, many people will be really pissed off. But thankfully just like in Kekkai Sensen, the TRUE final episode will come out on June 30...three months from now. Anyways holy F, this episode had some creepy shots but overall not that great.

Hey folks, we have some several seconds of panning shot where little to no animation was done when the 4 girls were talking, ngl I can't differentiate Rika and Momoe when the camera is SO FAR away. Also Momoe and Rika are done with this shit, you can tell that they're clearly scarred. Also Rika can't enter the Acca's world now, sad life. But this episode, it belongs to Ai.

Ai...is saving herself...I think I understand. So we have another version of Ai, only this time she didn't became friends with Koito and with that she killed herself in the pool. Let me point out that there are also some janky drawings, like there's one shot of Ai where her eyes looks so messed up. But anyways, Sawaki-sensei looking so creepy. And as usual, we get some sweet anime animations throughout the episode.

But I was scared instantly when I heard the countdown to release Koito, we've already had our share of flags from Momoe and Rika's part. As expected, Koito is nothing but a ghost and Kirara...just took Ai's eye. Looks like (depressed) Ai saved (our) Ai for the cost of her eye. And for some reason, Ai just smiled as the episode ends. And before we get a cliffhanger of an ending, we see one last shot of Ai bloodied and her eye taken out, that is the creepiest thing I've seen in a while.

8-9/10, if it wasn't for some disappointing episodes, nitpicks, and pretty much a lack of ending, Wonder Egg Priority for me would have been a sure 9/10, but an 8/10 is also an option as well.

Mar 31, 2021 9:03 AM
Mar 2021
This anime is very confusing after Higurashi 2020 but this anime is more confusing. But I can explain the story line of this anime. I think this anime is a good anime to be confusing Head.
Mar 31, 2021 9:07 AM
Mar 2021
Doesn't make anny sense
Mar 31, 2021 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
One of my biggest pet peeves in anime is using Parallel worlds for ANYTHING, and here we are. They could have done really anything else to have Ai struggle with her personal issues. It's not even a matter of giving the viewers the knowledge either, we knew all this shit that was happening? Why not go into more details about Frill and her offspring?

I feel like Parallel worlds is just an easy way to end or start something. The episode overall was fine it just left a sour taste in my mouth.

I wont score it until episode 13 releases.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 31, 2021 9:28 AM
May 2019
someone knows what was that in 7:27?
Mar 31, 2021 9:59 AM
Apr 2016
SrBessa said:
someone knows what was that in 7:27?
It's a swimming pool. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swimming_pool
Mar 31, 2021 10:02 AM

Oct 2018
Feels like I missed out on a handful of episodes in between, surely there must be more that explains the complete clusterfuck that is the final episode? I'll admit that I at least wasn't bored, guess it's time to wait for WEP: Director's Cut.
Mar 31, 2021 10:02 AM

Oct 2016
Really great episode! Even with the hellish production in Cloverworks, they gave us one hell of a beautiful show, but man I really hope they stop doing this shit, I hope this show's production hell can be a lesson to them, but I doubt that.

Out of all the things I expected to appear in the egg, Ai herself is not one of them. But, it makes sense, they did mention parallel worlds before, and I think it was perfect for Ai's character.

Sawaki's head suddenly appearing in the pool was creepy as fuck holy shit, but then he said "art is an explosion", all the creepyness suddenly vanished and I fucking died, that was hilarious lmao.

Even with the "special" episode in June, I don't think that's enough to conclude the show. I hope after the special there's still like a sequel of some sort. A movie would be great, to fully cap off the show. For now, I am gonna give the show an 8/10
Mar 31, 2021 10:04 AM

Jan 2008
ACCA never actually loved Frill, or even cared about her. That actually makes perfect sense, and why Ura-ACCA accused him is correct. Ura, on the other hand, actually does love Frill. Think about how they both reacted:

ACCA stuffed her in a closet, like you would do a broken computer. He never considered her alive.

Ura actually killed her, thus acknowledged she was alive.
Mar 31, 2021 10:09 AM
May 2018
Xenew said:
This show really went to shit when they introduced Frill. I don't even think the "special" in June can save it tbh.

I'm going to have to agree. Sad to see such great art go to waste on a plot that just took a nosedive.
Mar 31, 2021 10:16 AM

Apr 2012
Ashhk said:
RobertBobert said:

I have a strong feeling that they deliberately made this episode incomprehensible in order to at least somehow end the anime and promise OVA.
It isn't a good idea though, most people will forget a lot of elements when the OVA will be released, and the incomprehensible episode 12 isn't helping at all with the parallel worlds if you want to properly follow the story until the real last episode

This is why I still haven't watched the entire show, only partially watching each new episode when they came out. I want to keep everything in my head when the story is complete.
Mar 31, 2021 10:35 AM
May 2019
I don't know if I understand what happened, don't know if their friends truly came to life or if Ai's chameleon is still with her.

But I like the Sawaki-Ai's closure, she gave her mom an answer about dating her teacher and she resolved with herself Koito's issue, not knowing the answer but learning to trust.

It was an amazing show, beautiful colors and art, deep characters that passes trough real and dark situations. The anime brought up the subject about depression on teenagers, the weight of loneliness and bullying on someone's life. Also, they showed us the hard time and the grief of those who remain.

Mar 31, 2021 10:39 AM

Apr 2019
Lmao, so many people rated it a 1/5.

This isn't the final episode. The finale is in June.
my life was made with mematic.
Mar 31, 2021 10:42 AM
Sep 2020
EckhartPilgrim said:
Pretty disappointing. Hopefully the special episode planned for June will be longer than usual, because there is no way everything will be resolved in just 20 minutes (if they ever want to resolve everything properly of course, what I'm not even convinced they plan to do).
I heard its gonna be an hour long
Mar 31, 2021 10:44 AM

Nov 2019
This "last episode" was certainly confusing but it's definitely not finished. Very much information has been given during the last few episodes and people seem rather surprised about the ending?

The conflict between the girls is quite clear. They're are angry at Momoe for not warning them about dot/hyphen and obviously being very worried after having heard nothing from her. Momoe is traumatized and Rika seeks revenge.

The insect that attacked both Ai's had one thing in mind which should be pretty obvious taking one life for the sake of Frill. So while trying to kill the main Ai the parallel Ai got in the way and took the hit which leads to her losing one eye.

But probably the main cause of confusing was the direction it took with using parallel universes. I'll try to explain very simplified...
The parallel Ai kills herself, possibly by drowning as we could see in the episode. Which leads to both Ai's meeting each other. They face Sawaki, which normally these "bosses" are formed from trauma but in this case, it's created by the original Ai's doubt and suspicion of Sawaki being possibly being Koito's suicide. Both eventually jump into the pool where Sawaki drops some sort of blue coloring. Which creates an imaginary world within a world. So Ai now comes to face with Koito again and Koito takes Ai to the rooftop to commit suicide together.

Sawaki created this illusion to make Ai die in the virtual world which would kill her in real life as well. Sawaki hopes that Ai would fall for this and commit suicide together with Koito. But because of everything Ai's been through and learning from this experience she's had in this dream world, she's able to overcome and face reality. She broke the illusion with her weapon and defeats Sawaki.

As I said this journey is far from over with many questions left unanswered. How will they defeat Frill? Can they get back Rika and Momoe again, or are they both scarred for life?
666Mar 31, 2021 10:47 AM

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Mar 31, 2021 10:45 AM

Jan 2008
Just had another thought: if it is possible that the girls they saved from the eggs are parallel versions, they might still be alive in their world, so they might get help.
Mar 31, 2021 10:45 AM
Sep 2020
Ashhk said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So there are parallel worlds where Ai committed suicide too, and the reason they both (Koito and Ai) did it is because they were in love with Sawaki and he was claiming (purity) so they had to suicide before becoming adults (??)
Koito finally got saved but that end of episode was sure weird with Ai's eye which got removed and it looks like a bad ending, I'm not sure to understand and it doesn't feel complete for me... I need explanations xD
They gonna do an hour long special I believe. I think a lot of ppl thought that this was the last episode but then got a special due to the fact that the recap was unplanned.
Mar 31, 2021 10:54 AM
May 2010
Yeah just finished this, like everyone very confused and I'm hopeful for the June finale. Why did they even have a recap episode though?
Mar 31, 2021 10:57 AM
Sep 2017
That was just way too confusing to even really enjoy. So many questions left unanswered (that I’ll never remember in June, lol). I can’t even tell if the teacher is good or really bad at this point. Obviously he acted the villain in the egg world, but Ai said she had created that version of him through her own doubts and fears... but they never really show anything to confirm if his “public face” is a sham or not. And the whole jumping back and forth between egg world, talking to the other girls, talking to her mom, curled on her floor by herself - it was impossible to tell what was presently happening, what was a memory, etc. Jumbled mess.
Mar 31, 2021 11:11 AM
Jun 2019
I think it is totally understandable the need for another episode, better than a rushed ending. As for it, I'm not considering this ep the ending (and I guess the bad reviews were due to this?)
The episode itself was pretty amazing actually, I was a bit concerned about how they were going to connect the two plotlines and resolve Ai's arc, but they nailed it combining them in a single event. The pay-off was really satisfactory, and I couldn't be happier about Ai's development! Not to mention the beautiful animation and soundtrack as well.

Now, it comes down to waiting for the final episode, I just don't know why it will take so long haha. But I believe they will deliver something amazing!
Mar 31, 2021 11:26 AM

Feb 2015
Big suprise: the real Sawaki/teacher wasn't a groomer or horrible and just a nice teacher (it's not a suprise at all, y'all just hated him for no reason tbh).
The demon version of him is just the manifestation of Ai's doubts and suspicion (just as she said). She killed herself in the other world cause he didn't love her back and started to date her mom & since she was already bullied and was jelaous of her mom (and couldn't turn to her anymore), she had no one left (Koito was non existent in her world).

It's pretty interesting that Neiru didn't complete the challenge yet & Ai is the only one to keep her pet. Really stoked for the conclusion in June! 9/10 for now :)
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Mar 31, 2021 11:28 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
NachoCheese0531 said:
Ashhk said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So there are parallel worlds where Ai committed suicide too, and the reason they both (Koito and Ai) did it is because they were in love with Sawaki and he was claiming (purity) so they had to suicide before becoming adults (??)
Koito finally got saved but that end of episode was sure weird with Ai's eye which got removed and it looks like a bad ending, I'm not sure to understand and it doesn't feel complete for me... I need explanations xD
They gonna do an hour long special I believe. I think a lot of ppl thought that this was the last episode but then got a special due to the fact that the recap was unplanned.
Yeah I didn't know, it was only announced few hours after the airing of the episode, at least we're getting something because it would be a mess if it was really the last episode xD
Mar 31, 2021 11:41 AM
Jul 2018
There were parts that I didn't understand, it was a really good episode, I hope it will continue.
Mar 31, 2021 12:00 PM

Sep 2012
Most ppl hates this episode, cause they don't read news and they see this episode as last one. Kinda sad.
Mar 31, 2021 12:04 PM
Apr 2018
can someone tell me why they said that koito was a fake friend? I did not get that .Btw you people need to chill there will be a special or sth in June ,that episode is not the end of the story
Mar 31, 2021 12:05 PM
Jan 2021
Just like I was confused before I'm even more now, so saved people do come back after all? Also I'm curious if this special is going to fill it a bit and explain, overall this ep wasn't great imo, still show was pretty good and enjoyed it.
Mar 31, 2021 12:06 PM
Oct 2020
So another episode (13) will air in a couple of months, how will they wrap up all these loose ends (especially now that they introduced parallel worlds) IMO they should make a movie or extra long episode 40+ min. Bummer I was looking foward to see how they ended this series this week.
Mar 31, 2021 12:14 PM

Jan 2014
There is no OVA in the world that could fix this train wreck of a show.
Mar 31, 2021 12:40 PM
Feb 2021
The thing about the parallel worlds and the parallel Ai left my mind broken, revealing things about Sawaki-Sensei that we could easily think are cannon, but at the same time questioning it because it is a Sawaki from a parallel reality and could be quite different from the Sawaki that we know, as well as the feelings of parallel Ai, and I cried when parallel Ai said that he regretted having committed suicide, and I am glad that Leon has managed to survive, and I hope that after the new chapter that will come out in June they will announce a new season as I said before , since I am 100% sure that they will not be able to finish explaining things and properly close this series, but at least at this moment, this series is definitely one of my new favorites.
Mar 31, 2021 1:07 PM
Mar 2018
theory: every episode was written by a different person, who was given no context other than the previous episode. that's the only way i can explain this shit.
Mar 31, 2021 1:15 PM
May 2014
How this anime has a high rating is beyond me.
Average at best.
Mar 31, 2021 1:27 PM
Sep 2020
KuroginJoestar said:
can someone tell me why they said that koito was a fake friend? I did not get that .Btw you people need to chill there will be a special or sth in June ,that episode is not the end of the story
Koito wasn't truly there for Ai, she was more of just Sawaki's puppet in order for him to get close to Ai and manipulate her and her mother.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 2nd season ?

Aritra_Choudhuri - May 11, 2022

23 by Kizuki01 »»
May 20, 9:27 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ashhk - Mar 23, 2021

302 by Kizuki01 »»
May 19, 10:58 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 16, 2021

364 by Kizuki01 »»
May 19, 9:36 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Mar 9, 2021

170 by Kizuki01 »»
May 19, 8:23 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

LittleLucky - Mar 2, 2021

211 by Kizuki01 »»
May 19, 7:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.