Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 17, 2021 3:04 PM
Nov 2019
DemonsInMysoul said:
Finally Beatrice got out but what i don’t understand is Beatrice immortal?:3

Betty is an artificial spirit created by Echidna (So could be destroyed but doesn't age).

Mar 17, 2021 3:06 PM
Oct 2020
I loved the fact that Betty was stubborn during their conversation with Subaru.. She has been commiting to this shit for 400 years if she just said "aight" and left with him after only one good choice of words It would be dumb as fuck.. People saying that it was too long or that Subaru should have that he is that person should either drop this series or rewatch that shit asap
Mar 17, 2021 3:07 PM

Sep 2014
Damn this was an amazing episode. Subaru is building his harem.

PS: this might be the most blessed week. Perfect Re Zero episode and double AoT.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 17, 2021 3:08 PM

Nov 2016
In S1 I would've said "who gives a fuck about" lol

This was great, Re:Zero back with the banger episodes.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 17, 2021 3:11 PM
Jul 2018
Finally, I've been waiting for this moment for so long
Beatrice is best girl and she deserves some happiness too
Subaru is a chad
Mar 17, 2021 3:16 PM
Jul 2020
will ram get her demon horn back?
didnt subaru make a contract with beako in the novel ?
Mar 17, 2021 3:23 PM
Nov 2019
pikrili said:

Mar 17, 2021 3:47 PM
Jul 2018
Absolutely fantastic episode. Legit had a smile on my face when Betty was calling Subaru by his name.
Mar 17, 2021 3:59 PM

Sep 2015
I have nothing else to say but: PEAK FICTION
Mar 17, 2021 4:04 PM

May 2020
LegitChair142 said:
Something tells me that the Anime-Only are going to have their complaints. I feel it.

Speaking as an anime-only for this story...why is that? I thought it was a good episode, and compared to many others, it didn't feel like it raised a bunch of unanswered questions. Did I miss some big plot hole in this adaption?
Is Blue Box my favorite manga? Not yet...Yes. Yes it is. 

Mar 17, 2021 4:05 PM
May 2020
amazing, i wonder how will the story continue now, so many big things happened and changed forever that i feel like next episodes will feel kinda weird by how different they may be
Mar 17, 2021 4:05 PM
Dec 2018
rakp333 said:
Gab5 said:

I just don't find myself loving Emilia, she's ridiculously naive, doesn't appreciate Subaru as much as she should, the way he brings people together and keeps fighting, despite not being that strong, is totally awesome. She doesn't understand her feelings for him? He comes to her aid all the time, she would be nowhere without him.

Then why do you think she would kiss him? [i](twice actually, if you also count the one in Cour1 just before Subaru died on her lap)[/
If you notice, she continually reached out to him throughout Cour1 and the initial episodes of Cour2 whenever he was around her. Like asking him to hold her hand, grabbing onto his sleeves, hugging him, etc.

She doesn't know how to verbally express it directly or clearly, but she loves him. Given her tragic background (her backstory this cour and her rough time in Frozen Bond OVA with everyone hating her), she has no experience with romance or relationships. Her traumas, social awkwardness, and insecurities make things incredibly difficult for her, and therefore, she is confused about her own feelings and those around her.

She seems to express herself fine with Puck and other characters. She verbally expresses her feelings with no problem at all. In series 1, the episode where Julius beat Subaru within an inch of his life, I thought that she wasn't totally fair to him, and he wasn't fair to her to her either. Their relationship seems too one sided at the moment and she's lucky that she is the one he loves and he is prepared to wait for her to catch up. But, at this stage, Rem, Betty, and even Petra, love him just as much. Which doesn't matter, because he loves her. But I think that is part of the reason that Echidna hates her, Subaru loves her without her having to do too much in return. I will give her the moment when she gave him the lap pillow, but, as we all know, she didn't really understand what it meant. Betty, for all her coldness, feels for Subaru just as much at this stage. It is another kind of love but Subaru has many others who love him just as much at this point.

Petra, Rem and Betty have tragic pasts and don't have much love experience, either.
Mar 17, 2021 4:06 PM

Jan 2021
pikrili said:

Yes he did, the anime adapted this part very well.

penrhos said:

higan15Mar 17, 2021 4:10 PM
Mar 17, 2021 4:14 PM
Aug 2020
This episode did a great job living up to the expectations that the light novel and Webnovel readers had expected from them and delivered an INCREDIBLE emotional and beautiful episode overall. It also proved not to disappoint after last weeks incredible episode.
Mar 17, 2021 4:17 PM
Nov 2014
subaru gained another member into his harem, nice! beatrice is so beautiful in this episode, i get abit teary eyes when subaru confessed that he can't be with her forever (she can't age, since she is an entity created by echidna) but he can be with her until the day he passes away. (or the day when he can finally return back to his real world)
Mar 17, 2021 4:24 PM
Jan 2021
Ragerrodent said:
LegitChair142 said:
Something tells me that the Anime-Only are going to have their complaints. I feel it.

Speaking as an anime-only for this story...why is that? I thought it was a good episode, and compared to many others, it didn't feel like it raised a bunch of unanswered questions. Did I miss some big plot hole in this adaption?

I thought there would be complaints for various reasons.

1: That all the dialogue from that moment in the novels would not translate well to anime as Reason to Believe.

2: That people wouldn't empathize with Beatrice because she was even more secondary than Emilia in S1 and no one would care.

3: That after the action-packed episode people would be mad at going back to what they have been complaining about for most of the season.

Of course I was wrong and I am happy about that.
Mar 17, 2021 4:29 PM

May 2020
Billabongxd said:
phenomenal episode but I'm confused why Subaru doesn't just say he's that person, things will be easier lol

"That Person" never existed in the first place, Echidna revealed back in Part 1 that "That Person" is someone Beatrice must choose, it was an experiment to see who Beatrice would choose to be that person. That's why Subaru said "Choose me", and Subaru didn't want to lie to her to persuade her that would make it seem like he's manipulating her.
Mar 17, 2021 4:30 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always.

Touching and heartfelt, really liked Subaru's determination to consistently go after Beatrice until she finally chose him to see the next day. The final sequence where they appear next to Emilia was great. Though I feel like the way Subaru was saying things came off a tad bit romantical.

All of Roswaal's descendants appear to look like him, he need mention something about soul transfer, wonder if he actually figured it out. Should be interesting to hear the whole story.

Go E.M.T! Go! I love seeing Emilia doing her best.
Mar 17, 2021 4:31 PM

May 2020
LegitChair142 said:
Ragerrodent said:

I thought there would be complaints for various reasons.

1: That all the dialogue from that moment in the novels would not translate well to anime as Reason to Believe.

2: That people wouldn't empathize with Beatrice because she was even more secondary than Emilia in S1 and no one would care.

3: That after the action-packed episode people would be mad at going back to what they have been complaining about for most of the season.

Of course I was wrong and I am happy about that.

Yeah that was what I thought too but glad I was wrong and people loved this episode.
Mar 17, 2021 4:34 PM
Feb 2021
Gab5 said:
rakp333 said:

Then why do you think she would kiss him? [i](twice actually, if you also count the one in Cour1 just before Subaru died on her lap)[/
If you notice, she continually reached out to him throughout Cour1 and the initial episodes of Cour2 whenever he was around her. Like asking him to hold her hand, grabbing onto his sleeves, hugging him, etc.

She doesn't know how to verbally express it directly or clearly, but she loves him. Given her tragic background (her backstory this cour and her rough time in Frozen Bond OVA with everyone hating her), she has no experience with romance or relationships. Her traumas, social awkwardness, and insecurities make things incredibly difficult for her, and therefore, she is confused about her own feelings and those around her.

She seems to express herself fine with Puck and other characters. She verbally expresses her feelings with no problem at all. In series 1, the episode where Julius beat Subaru within an inch of his life, I thought that she wasn't totally fair to him, and he wasn't fair to her to her either. Their relationship seems too one sided at the moment and she's lucky that she is the one he loves and he is prepared to wait for her to catch up. But, at this stage, Rem, Betty, and even Petra, love him just as much. Which doesn't matter, because he loves her. But I think that is part of the reason that Echidna hates her, Subaru loves her without her having to do too much in return. I will give her the moment when she gave him the lap pillow, but, as we all know, she didn't really understand what it meant. Betty, for all her coldness, feels for Subaru just as much at this stage. It is another kind of love but Subaru has many others who love him just as much at this point.

Petra, Rem and Betty have tragic pasts and don't have much love experience, either.

As LN reader you cant understand anything in this anime. How sad
Mar 17, 2021 4:37 PM

Sep 2011
I could've watched the Betty x Subaru scene for another 10 minutes. It was such an emotional payoff. In fact, it shoud've been 10 minutes longer.
Mar 17, 2021 4:42 PM

Jan 2021
Easily my favorite episode in season 2. The growth of these characters are insane, when I try to think of other series that have the amount of character development that stacks up with this one I can’t think of any.
SpicelitMar 17, 2021 9:29 PM
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Mar 17, 2021 4:43 PM

Nov 2011
Amazing, AMAZING Episode.

Emilia is just awesome. I love Rem but GOD DAMN do I love Emilia as well.

Subaru dropping some LINES while talking to Beatrice.

"Even if I can't be with you for 400 years, I can treasure you right here, and now."

God damn my boy!!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 17, 2021 4:48 PM
Dec 2020
I’m not crying! You’re crying!
Mar 17, 2021 4:51 PM

Jan 2017
Wow, this episode left me in tears. The Betty and Subaru scenes were moving.
Mar 17, 2021 4:57 PM
Jul 2018
The episode's plot was very good, especially the scene of Beatrice that was tense.
Mar 17, 2021 5:00 PM

Dec 2007
GREAT episode.
So Beako get the 'believe in you' insert song, my favorite one. So much emotions, I finally gave it 10/10. Everything gets together. Ram is not dead, I was just about to kill Roswald for that. Every character seeing on screen looks cool, even Petra and Otto that have like 5sec of screen time. Thank you White Fox.

On another note Beako has been conquered so it's really becoming a personal harem. At the beginning of s2p1 Subaru was saying to Emilia he had a 2nd wife (Rem). And now he cheats on her just next to her, by holding the Beako's hand, a few days after kissing Emilia. I don't know how she should reacts to that.. XD hopefully she has social issues.

Mar 17, 2021 5:09 PM

Oct 2015
personal favorite episode, man white fox really love this series so much.
Mar 17, 2021 5:24 PM
Nov 2011
_Yuta_ said:
I couldn't find any answers so I'll try asking here. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or answers as to why the looks of the show are so childish. From the characters to the settings. Like why is it that these evil witches look cutesy and take the form of the child and why does Beatrice look like a 4 year old. Sometimes I feel like the show is hard to take very seriously because of this. I guess I'm wondering why the visuals of the show contrast so much with the content of the show. It looks childish with more of a lighthearted feel, but obviously as we all know this show is not childish at all. Does anyone have any thoughts as to why that is? Did the author just do that because he likes the looks of "loli's" and he just wanted to do something unique, or do you think the author actually intended something meaningful by doing that?

I'd say intentional. Its supposed to be like a true, actual alternate world. Just like on earth, sometimes the nicest looking people could end up being the worst mass murdering sociopaths of all time. Our world looks great on the outside, but the deeper you dive into it, the more darkness you find. Outward appearances mean nothing, even the cutest rabbits could eat you from the inside out
Mar 17, 2021 5:51 PM
May 2019
i am kinda sad

Mar 17, 2021 5:54 PM

Sep 2020
Beako, it hurts to see you cry

Got ya motherfucker!

I feel really bad about Roswaal ngl, If I was him I'm not sure I would've been able to control myself. I wouldn't have kept Ram alive.

Lmaooooo innocent Emilia

This might be a secret tool that might help us later!

The big chungus is here!

Interesting

Nooooo, Beako :( She literally just closed her heart to everyone while lowkey wanting to be saved

Roswaal swift motherfucker, I don't feel bad for you anymore!

This hurts soo much.

OMG! save her!

It was an amazing episode but come on bro, where is Elsa? She was supposed to truly die this episode when Subaru opened the explosion door.

Yes, that's my girl!

Save her chief

Hearing this was soooooo satisfying! I can't express it with words! I feel sooo happy about her! Beako

Frederica, you're so beautiful!

FUCKING AMAZING!!!

10000000/10
FUCKING AMAZING!

Maybe it didn't top the previous one, but still, really fucking amazing!

Mess with waifu, lose your laifu
Mar 17, 2021 6:00 PM

Sep 2017
Betty was best girl in season 1 so that was pretty nice.
Mar 17, 2021 6:44 PM

Dec 2020
I am wondering why Beatrice wasn't able to kill the vampire bitch but in the previous episode Garfiel killed her or she didn't die (?) am confused.
Mar 17, 2021 6:48 PM

Feb 2015
Yo I honestly can't with this episode, too many feels right now.

I just broke and started crying when he said "You want someone to get you out of there! Isn't that why you always sit in front of the door!"

What an amazing episode. Beako my girl ;A;

<In the ghost town of our love
there is a player piano
trying to prove it can make music
without being touched.
My fingertips miss her so much.>
Mar 17, 2021 6:54 PM
Dec 2018
Seriously, Roswaal?...

Guy has no dignity left xD
Latest reviews: Mushoku Tensei P2 🤮 • Meikyuu Black Company 💰 • Tsukimichi 🌙
Mar 17, 2021 6:59 PM

Jun 2019
Will_do_it_later said:
I am wondering why Beatrice wasn't able to kill the vampire bitch but in the previous episode Garfiel killed her or she didn't die (?) am confused.

Beatrice wasn't able to kill Elsa because Elsa wore a dark feathered magic cloak that could block magic attacks, however only a single time as the cloak was destroyed afterward (re-watch season 2 part 1 episode 11). Another drawback was that it only worked against spells intended to harm her physically, thus indirect magic Shamak bypassed it.
DiceYJMar 17, 2021 7:08 PM
Mar 17, 2021 7:09 PM

Apr 2020
LegitChair142 said:

Your feeling was wrong, I feel it ;)
Mar 17, 2021 7:14 PM
Sep 2008
mozgow said:
Artel_Valenheart said:
Did everyone here just miss that Ryuzu Shima had Echidna's voice for a moment at 5:55 into the episode?
Well, LN readers did not miss it (I didn't), but since they know the reason for that, there was no point in bringing it up, I think.

oh thank you all, I knew something was off with it besides seeing her mouth but couldn't place what
Mar 17, 2021 7:15 PM
Sep 2008
JanPri said:
Why do Roswaal's descendants look and sound exactly like him?

You can probably guess by the subject matter he was researching the first time he was visiting beatrice
Mar 17, 2021 7:18 PM

Jan 2011
Mild shock that Ram is still alive ,episodes like this i wish i could have the sad kool aid everyone is drinking

but Subaru really has max harem protag speech huh did like him admitting all the things shes good and didn't really need saving outside of just being alone but i felt like i've seen him do this to many other girls already lol

wonder what kind of twist there gonna leave us on now that this arc is somehow actually ending
Mar 17, 2021 7:25 PM
Sep 2008
___Greed said:
swordmaster2551 said:
That conversation with Beatrice was so repetitive and frustrasting, for an old as dirt spirit, she sure is an immature brat.

I never want to see the phrase "That Person" again.

That's how the real world works actually. You can't just say something nice to someone and expect he/she will be listening to you forever. You have to convince her through actions and words repeatedly. Trusting a person is not easy at all.

This would be something if all that he spoke built up to something but honestly the 1st and 2nd encounters should have just been combined and reduced, most of what was said was just unconvincing filler dialogue and her just saying "you're not 'that person'" without going into detail in this loop or actually talking to Subaru.

I also have a problem with the premise of the 400 year promise and her reaction to the book going blank but that's a whole different can.
Mar 17, 2021 7:28 PM
Sep 2008
Reijtaun said:
MonsieurPapillon said:
Again, we don't see Echidna's face in real world (Emilia didn't recognize Echidna's real face last episode).

Is it foreshadowing something as well ? I couldn't spoil myself even by researching it (don't worry about spoiling me, just carefully place spoiler tags if you answer that :D).

To answer your question, there's some spoilers for next episode / cut content to be discussed

Mar 17, 2021 7:32 PM
Apr 2020
Freak, another fantastic episode.. That last minute was super heavy emotional. I nearly cried on that one. 10/10 for this

Now, it's time to say goodbye once again to this masterpiece series on the next week's episode... I don't want this to end.. Please White Fox make an another season for this..
Mar 17, 2021 7:47 PM

Oct 2012
So in the end, Subaru was faithfull to his name and became star.
Whole ending part when the mansion was falling down and Subaru was putting all his reasoning into breaking Beatrice out of her shell was just epic.

Now Ram... well, it's really sad to see her lifeless like that but it would be nice conclusion to her character. Knowing this series though, this is probably not the gameover for her, the same as with Rem. But at least Roswaal was breaking out of his shell too, at least that amount she managed to do.

Speaking of Roswaal, I really don't get how he still has the memories on Echidna if he's like tenth-one down the line from 400 years ago in his family.
The only possible explanation would be that he was constantly surviving by transfering his soul to his descendants as he was researching at the library.

At the end though, we still don't know the real reason behind Sanctuary and why it was built as some parts were still intentionally left out. Hoping the next episode finally explains everything.
Mar 17, 2021 7:49 PM

Jan 2020
I thought it was pretty fine. It was interesting seeing Beatrice finally get her time to shine and the ending was also cool. I wonder how they will wrap things up in the final episode

Mar 17, 2021 7:53 PM
Feb 2016
"Isn't that why you always sat right in front of this door?" - No music. Just let that line sit.

Amazing. I am speechless.
Mar 17, 2021 8:12 PM

Mar 2019
#TeamBETTY FOREVER!.... x999999+ BEST Episode, indeed.

Forget Rem, Forget Ram, Forget Emilia, Forget Equidna...

Beatrice has been the One for 400years... and will be at least 400 more years...

I DE-FI-NI-TE-LY need a Figure of "BEATRICE and SUBARU holding their hands".

That moment is already grabbed in my soul for the eternity.

PS: Emilia Episode getting Rekt by this one.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Mar 17, 2021 8:17 PM
Apr 2020
I need the ost which plays in the first half when Roswaal holds Ram. Please, I need that ost.
Mar 17, 2021 8:33 PM
Jul 2018
swordmaster2551 said:
Reijtaun said:

To answer your question, there's some spoilers for next episode / cut content to be discussed

Most LN illustrations of the characters just look younger. Emilia and the whole cast arguably look a lot younger than their anime designs.
Mar 17, 2021 8:43 PM
Jul 2018
There are multiple Roswaal's. Holy crap, it would be great if the show would explain that...but it's probably going to wait 4 arcs to explain such an important reveal. Because...why not? I'm told Re: Zero is a mystery, but I'm also told it's a drama, character study, psychological, horror, so...I'm just going to go by my judgement: Re: Zero is not a mystery. It doesn't feel like one. But even actual mysteries like Higurashi don't drag on nearly as much, by keeping you in the dark for so unnecessarily long. Yes, the Higurashi visual novel is absurdly long; which is why I found it very boring, and much prefer the anime.

I've had lots of gripes with the monologuing because of how unnatural and unnecessary they felt, but given what was going on here with Subaru and Beatrice, it felt like it made sense; in that the monologuing served as a way to convince Beatrice to get up. And it didn't drag on nearly as much as Rem's monologue to Subaru in season 1 episode 18.
However, it is episodes like this of Re: Zero that make me feel frustrated; this series constantly throws these big dramatic/emotional scenes...for characters the show hasn't bothered to get me to care about.
I mean, think about it; what reason is there to care about Beatrice? She's a quirky, one dimensional, tsundere-esque loli. She doesn't feel like a real person whatsoever; she feels like an anime character. And not even an interesting one, imo.
Re: Zero wants you to take it very seriously; it constantly throws in all this gore, stakes, and dramatic moments, but doesn't bother to give me an incentive to care enough about these characters to emotionally care for them.
While I don't really like Subaru as a character, I found him interesting enough because of his development to be invested in his emotional scenes where he's the center focus. And the Frozen Bonds movie got me to finally care about Emilia (who feels like the most human, natural, character in the show, which is ironic when she's not human).

DemonsInMysoul said:
Finally Beatrice got out but what i don’t understand is Beatrice immortal?:3

Isn't Beatrice a spirit, which makes her immortal?
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Did you like part 1 or part 2 of season 2 better?

castle2001 - May 26

16 by 0451 »»
54 minutes ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 3, 2021

278 by D-A-W »»
May 20, 9:00 PM

» Rem have become most favourite anime female character!!! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ZXEAN - Jan 29, 2021

298 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
May 16, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 10, 2021

534 by ymirstear »»
May 10, 4:29 PM

» am i the only one who thinks re:zero season 2 is just kinda okay? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shmoomp - Jan 27, 2021

411 by AboutFollower03 »»
Apr 18, 8:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.