Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Aug 24, 2017 3:01 PM

Nov 2014
Hollani said:
Tamako Market, solely because of this.
I'm honestly watching Tamako Market right now and have considered dropping for the same reason...

As far as my pettiest drop, it's gotta be Maria-sama ga Miteru. I mistakenly thought two similar looking characters were the same character. Then, when I realized they were different characters, I got confused and frustrated trying to piece together the significance of each of them to the narrative.
Aug 24, 2017 7:23 PM

Jul 2014
I've only dropped 2 shows ever: Bleach and Masou Gakuen HxH. The latter was for being the closest thing to hentai without being hentai. Waste of time.
"Man always thinks about the past before he dies, as if he were frantically searching for proof that he truly lived." -Jet Black (Cowboy Bebop)
Aug 24, 2017 7:49 PM

May 2014
I've dropped some anime just because the art was so generic and uninteresting, or because there are no interesting characters.
Aug 24, 2017 7:50 PM
Jul 2018
I'm gonna get flamed for this...
I dropped Kado within the first 5 min, because I didn't want to add more anime to watch, and wasn't in the mood for something, "different" and, "complex"
Aug 24, 2017 8:09 PM

Jul 2017
For the most part, if there's one small thing that tips me over the edge into dropping an anime it's almost always revulsion toward the art. I hate the hyper garish look of No Game No Life, won't be returning, I hate the goofy ugliness of Mob Psycho 100, won't be returning, I DETEST the way the lolis look in Tenshi no 3P!, won't be returning. They were all already on the razor's edge for more substantial reasons, but if I enjoyed viewing any of those shows I would probably have finished them.

Some other more random instances:

Tsurezure Children I dropped even though I pretty consistently enjoyed the little vignettes almost exclusively because I was kinda irritated that it felt like a constant stream of the money shot from romance shows and like I was just supposed to swoon nonstop over it.

I dropped the fourth season of Yamishibai exclusively because the narrator just never stopped talking and it was completely impossible for the show to build an atmosphere as a result. Back to quality in season 5 though.

I liked most of the first episode of Koi to Uso but going in I knew I already didn't like the premise and the end of the episode seemed to be forecasting a show which would use the premise for all the dumb forced drama I worried would be there so I dropped it.

And pretty much the only thing that means I can't even watch Welcome to the Ballroom for the spectacle is how often the big dance scenes aren't moving, but instead hold on one big showy move for like 20 seconds. I went in essentially only excited for it's potential grace and fluidity and how remarkably bad it is at providing that was a sticking point all the way until I stopped watching.
I don't know everything. I just know what I know.
Sep 10, 2017 12:58 PM

Jul 2017
i dropped Hajimete No Gal because of the overgrown oppai of a freaking character who is a loli. Also the guys were cringy enough. Netsozou trap is also one of my dropped animes. If ur going to start a yuri, just make it a hentai god lmao
Sep 10, 2017 1:01 PM
May 2017
I never dropped an anime, but I once was tempted to drop WataMote because it was too cringy and a bit difficult to watch. Don't hit me, fanboys/fangirls.
Sep 10, 2017 1:08 PM

Apr 2016
Kirino Mosaic because of Shinobu; I can't stand how she tries to show off knowing English but fails at it a lot.
Sep 10, 2017 4:19 PM

Mar 2016
I dropped Sousei no Onmyouji because the talking cat thing kept pissing me off.
Mar 12, 2018 3:50 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Bringing this back up for the sole reason that my friend told me she had to drop Haikyuu because Bokuto was a noodle in the anime versus how jacked he was in the manga and I legit laughed for a half an hour.
Mar 12, 2018 4:00 AM

Jan 2018
Spoilers are the only reason I drop a show.

"Nothing can stay unchanged."
Mar 12, 2018 4:01 AM
Sep 2016
I dropped anime in the past just because I forgot all about them...
Mar 12, 2018 4:07 AM

Jan 2018
I dropped most of animes the male m.c is a wimp and a loser because I don't like that type of m.c
Mar 12, 2018 10:22 AM

Dec 2010
Tokyo Mew Mew- The names as well as when the English dub stopped I no longer wanted to watch it.
Future Diary- It freaked me out
Mar 12, 2018 12:33 PM
Oct 2017
i once dropped a bluray copy of mirai nikki because some dumb bitch at best buy took the last copy so i grabbed it f4rom her hands and said "if i cant have it neither can you!!!!" and i dropped it until it shattered
Mar 12, 2018 12:48 PM

May 2009
If I drop a show after or within one episode, it's usually because of something relatively simple, such as disliking the art style, the fanservice, or the characters being assholes, or the premise feeling excessively contrived.

It happens occasionally.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Mar 16, 2018 11:35 AM

Sep 2017
Dropped Durarara, cos I hate Anri so much. Why was she in the show? just as a love interest? That would have been okay for me.
Mar 16, 2018 12:28 PM
Sep 2009
I can deal with shitty MCs and bad story .so I usually drop shows for fanservice, or being too boring for me to the point that i can't find the reason on why the fuck i am watching this shit.
Mar 16, 2018 12:29 PM
Mar 2018
UImoetard said:
i remember i dropped an anime because the MC was a trap, dont remember which anime tho

I remember that too and i would like to know the anime title too.
Mar 17, 2018 12:29 AM

May 2017
I dropped Gokusen because it felt like an inferior version of GTO. Also the female characters and overall artstyle was ugly.. except Yankumi but that ain't saying much lol
Mar 17, 2018 12:33 AM

Aug 2015
Nope, the only reason I drop anime is because it's boring.
Mar 17, 2018 12:58 AM
Feb 2018
When is too much forced moeshit/cute wannabe.
Mar 17, 2018 8:49 AM

Jan 2010
1. Favorite character dies
2. NOTP become canon
3. Favorite character dies and NOTP become canon

^even if there is only one episode left, if one of the above happened, I'd probably dropped it
Mar 17, 2018 9:01 AM

Jan 2016
it happens long ago, i won't says those particular anime, but
was dropped them because i don't like how serious the MC is, other is have weird art syles..

and also because-no offense because it's fanbase, that's it
Mar 17, 2018 9:25 AM

Feb 2016
I rarely drop Animes. Many people won't agree with me because I've dropped like 21 Anime but this isn't that much compared to the stuff I've finished. I always have a reason to drop an Anime but I rarely do it. Mostly if the characters are really annoying me, it doesn't get any better or I'm just not interested to see more of it.
I've finished most of the Animes I think are really bad but because of how much I dislike dropping Animes I've watched most of them until the end. I sure regret it sometimes.

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
Mar 17, 2018 9:34 AM
Jul 2015
Fate Zero.

Kiritsugu kissed someone other than his wife. I fking hate cheaters

Don't get me wrong it's different if it happens into a comedy/gag anime. Don't like to see it there either but it's more bearable.

But if it happens in anime that's as serious as Fate/Zero, it's instant drop

----

Many told me until now - "dude, you're missing out one of the greatest anime series ever".

Well, fuck that
Mar 17, 2018 1:28 PM

Dec 2017
For me it would be probably because i read that a mc dies on a wikia then that got me depressed and i just stopped

☆ Set by Nate ☆

Mar 17, 2018 1:57 PM

Mar 2016
ituhata said:
The way lips are drawn in Your Lie in April.

Aargh! Those lips!! Those terrible terrible lips!!!

To the Op
I dropped Uchyuu Senkan Yamamoto an episode or two in because the I realized the female's leads butt wasn't worth it.

Then again I suppose that's more of having a bad reason for watching it than for dropping it.
Mar 17, 2018 2:08 PM

May 2014
I dropped darling in the franxx when i saw the pink haired otaku-bait girl naked in episode 1. After seeing how they pilot the mechas i'm very glad i did. It looks so ridiculous XD Just not my kind of show at all.

Mar 17, 2018 2:16 PM

Oct 2007
Watashi ga Motete Dousunda, because of how they portrayed a fat girl and her rapid weight loss.

I'm certain I'd enjoy it if I got past that bit...
Mar 17, 2018 2:28 PM

Oct 2016
I dropped Kimi ni Todoke and Ore Monogatari because the characters were "too nice."
I have no idea why it bothers me so much, but it does.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Anime genres that declined in popularity or lost relevance and with time ?

tchitchouan - Jun 8

8 by Tap_Dancin_Kaiju »»
50 seconds ago

» First look at "THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE WAR OF THE ROHIRRIM" Anime Film.

Old_School_Akira - 10 hours ago

40 by FanofAction »»
3 minutes ago

» How do people finish anime they consider bad? ( 1 2 3 )

Rinrinka - Jun 8

101 by profile »»
12 minutes ago

» does anyone find it childish and cringe whenever attacks are yelled or named in shonen anime/manga? ( 1 2 )

Phantomnocomics - Jun 8

69 by MasterTasuke »»
15 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 27

99 by Lucifrost »»
42 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.