Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School-Live!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Aug 1, 2015 12:01 PM

Jul 2014
That moment you realize when Kurumi gets the car, and only Yuki and Rii are standing outside waiting for her, and Megu-nee just magically appears in the car. I've already read the manga but all these little details just make me hurt.

Also, that ED really captured everything about Miki and Rei's relationship. Good on you, Lerche.
Why do people have such bad taste? Anime isn't subjective anymore.
Aug 1, 2015 1:43 PM

Sep 2014
Quite enjoyable as always. I found this episode a little confusing though.

I'm not sure what the connection is between the Yuuri, Yuki, and Kurumi leaving the school and the rest of the story. Oh wait, I guess I get it. I thought Miki was at school with her friend in that flashback, but I guess they were still at the mall and somehow everyone will meet and go back to the school? Well, I'm not sure if they'll do it, but I really hope they show that happen in the next episode.

That room did look a lot more like a part of the school than the mall. They definitely could have made things a little less confusing. Regardless, it still was a very enjoyable episode.

I wonder if the manga is worth reading. This series is pretty awesome, so I'd probably enjoy the manga as well... but I think it might be a better idea to wait until the series is over.
Aug 1, 2015 1:50 PM

Jan 2015
FlamepriesT said:
Quite enjoyable as always. I found this episode a little confusing though.

I'm not sure what the connection is between the Yuuri, Yuki, and Kurumi leaving the school and the rest of the story. Oh wait, I guess I get it. I thought Miki was at school with her friend in that flashback, but I guess they were still at the mall and somehow everyone will meet and go back to the school? Well, I'm not sure if they'll do it, but I really hope they show that happen in the next episode.

That room did look a lot more like a part of the school than the mall. They definitely could have made things a little less confusing. Regardless, it still was a very enjoyable episode.

I wonder if the manga is worth reading. This series is pretty awesome, so I'd probably enjoy the manga as well... but I think it might be a better idea to wait until the series is over.

You shouldn't start reading the manga now. Since you are enjoying the anime a lot after reading the manga, before this finished aring, you could complain about this adaptation, don't read it until this ends.
Aug 1, 2015 2:38 PM

Mar 2008
oh wait whats this? A broken escalator? Everyone stand perfectly still!! Its not like you cant use it as stairs or something... oh wait.... stupid people.
Aug 1, 2015 3:19 PM

Jan 2015
traed said:
oh wait whats this? A broken escalator? Everyone stand perfectly still!! Its not like you cant use it as stairs or something... oh wait.... stupid people.

People were rushing and pushing others and it ended with them stuck at the bottom, preventing others of passing. Those who were on the other side of the scalator weren't aware of the situation, complicating things.
Aug 1, 2015 5:47 PM
Sep 2010
CookingPriest said:

I think i prefer the way they are doing it instead of tasteless gore. It just feels more artistic and creative.

I prefer they don't do tasteless gore too (even though gore does kind of come with the territory when it comes to zombies), but I would of like it if they didn't do the aura. Like how in this episode they used shadows to cover up the zombies. The aura thing just seems a bit too kid friendly (for lack of a better word) to me.

Xenocrisi said:
jyleehomu said:
Does anyone notice that the visual of Kurumi when she fights with the zombies looks like the visual of zombie transformation in Contagion? I first thought the change of colour background is just reflecting the stressful atmosphere or her alertness in the dangerous situation, but seeing that only Kurumi has this kind of visual, I can't stop thinking that she is perhaps more than just normal human.

The zombies has the dark aura just when there is Kurumi to not make her remember that are humans, she'd have problems without the dark aura.

Where the heck you pull that from, at what point has it ever established that Kurumi has a problem killing zombies that she needs to cover them up with an aura to do so.
Aug 1, 2015 6:38 PM

Feb 2015
yo, dat ED music o.o
Aug 1, 2015 7:25 PM

Jan 2014
Calling it now.
Taromaru is evil, he started the outbreak, he got that old woman killed, and he left Miki in that room to go kill Kei.
He's the Kyuubey of this series.
Who will he kill next?

traed said:

It's realistic, people are that dumb.
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Aug 1, 2015 8:34 PM
Oct 2014
OK. This episode kicks up the horror aspect by a notch. The scene of panic and chaos is pretty well-done. The moment the lights go out, I was thrilled. But the scariest part is where the old lady turns her face around and you see a pale, gaunt, gaping, lifeless face. That one is freaking awesome.

I like how we are getting the background story of each individual character. It makes us grow more related to them before shit starts happening. I hope by the time all of these developments are all done, I will feel for the characters. So far, Kurumi is awesome with that shovel.

I am not sure about the changes to the manga. The manga has more potential for death and gore, which I know a lot of people will like.

Animation is consistent and fine. There are some CGI, but they are not too obvious and do not annoy me.

Overall, 4/5. Another great episode. Looks like the next one will be a continuation of this.
Aug 1, 2015 8:48 PM

Feb 2013
Sad ED is sad.

Great episode!!

I was wondering how the other girl showed up, because she definitely wasn't there on the roof when the originally attacked the school. And now I.....will know....lol.
Aug 1, 2015 8:50 PM

May 2015
dat ED, enough to make me can't take a nap
Aug 2, 2015 12:05 AM

Jan 2015
bibotot said:

Aug 2, 2015 12:54 AM

Jan 2015
Dreams_of_Neko said:
bibotot said:

Megu-nee didn't get original content, they adapted her bonus chapter and part of chapter 4
Aug 2, 2015 12:59 AM

Jan 2015
Zetsuei380 said:
CookingPriest said:

I think i prefer the way they are doing it instead of tasteless gore. It just feels more artistic and creative.

I prefer they don't do tasteless gore too (even though gore does kind of come with the territory when it comes to zombies), but I would of like it if they didn't do the aura. Like how in this episode they used shadows to cover up the zombies. The aura thing just seems a bit too kid friendly (for lack of a better word) to me.

Xenocrisi said:

The zombies has the dark aura just when there is Kurumi to not make her remember that are humans, she'd have problems without the dark aura.

Where the heck you pull that from, at what point has it ever established that Kurumi has a problem killing zombies that she needs to cover them up with an aura to do so.

Not my fault if you don't use a little bit of brain. Kurumi said "no, they are not people anymore" and the dark aura appeares, after she looks at the picture where she sees that the zombie was a girl (episode 2) the aura begins to disappear and she hesitates to kill her. I thought it was obvious
Aug 2, 2015 8:47 AM

Jun 2014
Kurumi figure and fanart. When.
Aug 2, 2015 9:00 AM

Jan 2015
Xenocrisi said:
Dreams_of_Neko said:

Megu-nee didn't get original content, they adapted her bonus chapter and part of chapter 4

So her waking up, getting ready and going to work is part of the manga? And those other details in between?
Aug 2, 2015 9:18 AM

Jan 2015
Dreams_of_Neko said:
Xenocrisi said:

So her waking up, getting ready and going to work is part of the manga? And those other details in between?

They just animated it with more details, and it's a good thing. Maybe not 1:1 as you want but we are there. C'mon
Aug 2, 2015 9:38 AM

Jan 2015
Xenocrisi said:
They just animated it with more details, and it's a good thing. Maybe not 1:1 as you want but we are there. C'mon

I want you to say "just" if they give Rii the same amount of additional details. They were original content that gave some fresh air to the character and make it more enjoyable to those who read the manga. And those who are fans of Megu nee as well.

This mean they could do the same with Rii san, and checking the manga, it's very probable that they will take things from different parts of it (not only from the beggining) and add some new things to give her some background story.

Just to make clear that second statement, what do you mean "Maybe not 1:1 as you want"?
Aug 2, 2015 2:52 PM

Oct 2014
ramenshoujo said:
Kurumi figure and fanart. When.

There's lots of fanart out about Kurumi. Yuki got a figure so far as only Gurashi girl but Kurumi got a pillowcase, you know, the ones with two different dresses/positions of the girl on it which you can cuddle with if you put it on a pillow. Shovel seems to sell well, so she might get a figure sometime.
Aug 2, 2015 3:15 PM

Dec 2012
Kei is dead because she was "stupid". I can understand that you don't want to live in a room for all your life, but this is the apocalypse, you need to stay in safety the most you can.
Great episode.
Aug 2, 2015 4:50 PM

Mar 2008
Kei why'd you have to leave your lover Miki behind. So sad. I can't take the moe girls + apocalypse, it hurts me too much. Would love to have her come back, but she's probably dead.
Aug 2, 2015 6:40 PM
Sep 2010
Xenocrisi said:

Not my fault if you don't use a little bit of brain. Kurumi said "no, they are not people anymore" and the dark aura appeares, after she looks at the picture where she sees that the zombie was a girl (episode 2) the aura begins to disappear and she hesitates to kill her. I thought it was obvious

So now you're throwing insults huh, what are you 5? Anyways even if that's the case I don't see the reason why they needed to give her this problem, because she never had this problem in the manga. The only time this issue had any significance is the scene in episode 2 you mentioned. After that they don't ever bring it up again. Unless they give a good reason for this or do something really good with it later on, the only purpose this serves is to give the animators a reason to censor the zombies with that stupid aura. Because currently if they never gave her this issue, it wouldn't have affected anything. Its about as pointless as making Miki part of the group in episodes 1 & 2.
Zetsuei380Aug 2, 2015 6:46 PM
Aug 2, 2015 7:31 PM

Jun 2014
Zetsuei380 said:
Xenocrisi said:

So now you're throwing insults huh, what are you 5? Anyways even if that's the case I don't see the reason why they needed to give her this problem, because she never had this problem in the manga. The only time this issue had any significance is the scene in episode 2 you mentioned. After that they don't ever bring it up again. Unless they give a good reason for this or do something really good with it later on, the only purpose this serves is to give the animators a reason to censor the zombies with that stupid aura. Because currently if they never gave her this issue, it wouldn't have affected anything. Its about as pointless as making Miki part of the group in episodes 1 & 2.

Man the author doesn't have the right to try something different in the anime? I don't remember where but it seems the author wanted to try to change some stuff from the manga to the anime, they don't need to do everything perfectly copy paste.
And about the zombie man, if you don't like it or don't know if it's censor or not just wait for the Blue-Ray, censor were there for a long time in anime from what I saw so what with people still complaining about it. And also the zombie were worse in some part of the manga, it's hard to find a shadow threatening.
And if you are going to say: "But it changes later in the manga!" Let me tell you this is the beginning of the anime...
Aug 2, 2015 8:10 PM

Nov 2014
The ED song made the episode.
Aug 2, 2015 10:41 PM
Sep 2010
Thai777 said:

Man the author doesn't have the right to try something different in the anime? I don't remember where but it seems the author wanted to try to change some stuff from the manga to the anime, they don't need to do everything perfectly copy paste.
And about the zombie man, if you don't like it or don't know if it's censor or not just wait for the Blue-Ray, censor were there for a long time in anime from what I saw so what with people still complaining about it. And also the zombie were worse in some part of the manga, it's hard to find a shadow threatening.
And if you are going to say: "But it changes later in the manga!" Let me tell you this is the beginning of the anime...

I'm not hating on the show because its not copy paste of the manga, I actually applaud it when show do things differently from the source materials. It adds a new experience and/or gives information that wasn't given in the source material. Its one of the reasons I enjoy the The Walking Dead TV Series more than the comics.
My problem is the actually changes themselves, as some of them are either pointless or questionable. Like the fact that Miki is with the group from the get go. Lets ask ourselves, what did Miki being in the group in the beginning add to the series? Nothing. There was no reason for her to be in the group from the beginning at all. In fact it adds questions, in the manga they went to the mall because they were low on supplies, but in the anime they went to the mall when they still had plenty, so why go? Oh they can only get certain things there. Ok, like what? They never say what that is, which can be seen as lazy writing. Another thing is the issue with Kurumi, okay they gave her a flaw that wasn't in the manga, neat! What do they do with it? Outside of that scene from ep.2 with the zombie girl, nothing that couldn't have been done if she didn't have that problem. Also as we near the halfway point, there's a seriously lack of progression in the story. Since half the time so far has been spent on flashbacks, with the 5th episode looking to continue the current flashback. This could've been avoided if Miki wasn't part of the group from the beginning.

Thats not to say the show doesn't do some good changes. Even though its a flashback, I like the entirety of episode 3. It shows us stuff from the before this whole thing started, and adds to the relationship Megumi has with the rest of the cast. And I like how Taromaru is actually a part of the cast and how he is part of Miki's backstory, which could make things interesting later on in the show.

They could possibly relieve my issues in later episodes (which I really hope they do), but SO FAR the show continues to disappoint me with each episode.
Aug 3, 2015 12:14 AM

Jul 2015
Zetsuei380 said:
Thai777 said:

I'm not hating on the show because its not copy paste of the manga, I actually applaud it when show do things differently from the source materials. It adds a new experience and/or gives information that wasn't given in the source material. Its one of the reasons I enjoy the The Walking Dead TV Series more than the comics.
My problem is the actually changes themselves, as some of them are either pointless or questionable. Like the fact that Miki is with the group from the get go. Lets ask ourselves, what did Miki being in the group in the beginning add to the series? Nothing. There was no reason for her to be in the group from the beginning at all. In fact it adds questions, in the manga they went to the mall because they were low on supplies, but in the anime they went to the mall when they still had plenty, so why go? Oh they can only get certain things there. Ok, like what? They never say what that is, which can be seen as lazy writing. Another thing is the issue with Kurumi, okay they gave her a flaw that wasn't in the manga, neat! What do they do with it? Outside of that scene from ep.2 with the zombie girl, nothing that couldn't have been done if she didn't have that problem. Also as we near the halfway point, there's a seriously lack of progression in the story. Since half the time so far has been spent on flashbacks, with the 5th episode looking to continue the current flashback. This could've been avoided if Miki wasn't part of the group from the beginning.

Thats not to say the show doesn't do some good changes. Even though its a flashback, I like the entirety of episode 3. It shows us stuff from the before this whole thing started, and adds to the relationship Megumi has with the rest of the cast. And I like how Taromaru is actually a part of the cast and how he is part of Miki's backstory, which could make things interesting later on in the show.

They could possibly relieve my issues in later episodes (which I really hope they do), but SO FAR the show continues to disappoint me with each episode.

Dont give any complain of this anime if you dont like new add thing of this anime or you dont understand things make more hater gonna come to you this anime very famous.

Dont give very high expectations of this anime because you want some thing in this not in show.

Dont forgot dont hope up Zetsuei380 dont try very high expectations of any anime we know different in our mind. like this i hope this new show it's great them show up ouch story it's sucks or anime graphic not great there many people like this like you.

there plothole in your said Zetsuei380 you like this anime and with continues to disappoint you why bother watch this make you troll you know that just accept what you saw in anime.

If i was you i gonna stop complain now Zetsuei380.
Aug 3, 2015 1:05 AM
Sep 2010
GodEaterChan said:

there plothole in your said Zetsuei380 you like this anime and with continues to disappoint you why bother watch this make you troll you know that just accept what you saw in anime.

I didn't say I like this show, I said I like certain parts of it. I'm still watching this show because I enjoyed the manga, and I would like to see how they handle the rest of the show. As we are only at the beginning, and some of the problems I have could easily be fixed in the next few episodes.

GodEaterChan said:

Why because I'm not liking the show that you like. Everyone has a different opinion, and everyone has the right to express that opinion whether it be positive or negative. So no, I am not going to stop just because you dislike my opinion.

P.S. I didn't reply to your other statements because quite frankly I couldn't understand any of them.
Aug 3, 2015 1:10 AM

Jul 2009
Dreams_of_Neko said:
Xenocrisi said:

I want you to say "just" if they give Rii the same amount of additional details. They were original content that gave some fresh air to the character and make it more enjoyable to those who read the manga. And those who are fans of Megu nee as well.

This mean they could do the same with Rii san, and checking the manga, it's very probable that they will take things from different parts of it (not only from the beggining) and add some new things to give her some background story.

Just to make clear that second statement, what do you mean "Maybe not 1:1 as you want"?

I wouldn't really praise a waking up and getting ready for work segment. That's barely any worthy original content tbh. 99% of it was still things related to the bonus chapter. Unless they pull 100% out of their ass for Rii, I'm a bit doubtful we will get anything about her, seeing as her story is sort of a starting point/connection/transition to a much larger thing -
Unless they focus the last four episodes on this or skip a whole bunch of things and make the entire second half about it, I am not sure we have enough episodes to even begin going down that road. :/

Thai777 said:
Let me tell you this is the beginning of the anime...

Actually, 1/3 of the anime can't really be called "beginning"

@GodEaterChan and everyone that keeps ganging up on people that do not lick the ground the show's creator walks on:
I am sorry, but this is a forum for discussions.
You can't go calling everyone that doesn't praise the show "a troll". Here is a definition to what a troll is.
Not everyone will like everything, get the fuck over it, people. They don't go around insulting the show or you for liking it, they state their opinion and they even give valid arguments as to WHY they do not like it.
That is not trolling.
I'm sorry, I know I sound pissed and I actually am.
Please realize that the show is good, but not everything will be up to everyone's taste and that these people have the right to state their opinion too.
LoveChildAug 3, 2015 1:16 AM

<3?

Aug 3, 2015 1:40 AM

Jul 2015
Zetsuei380 said:
GodEaterChan said:

I didn't say I like this show, I said I like certain parts of it. I'm still watching this show because I enjoyed the manga, and I would like to see how they handle the rest of the show. As we are only at the beginning, and some of the problems I have could easily be fixed in the next few episodes.

GodEaterChan said:

Why because I'm not liking the show that you like. Everyone has a different opinion, and everyone has the right to express that opinion whether it be positive or negative. So no, I am not going to stop just because you dislike my opinion.

P.S. I didn't reply to your other statements because quite frankly I couldn't understand any of them.

I sorry my English Not Good dont worry i not gonna Bother you anymore @Zetsuei380 I hope you not get any more enemy in this forum in future i notice you make more people pissed right now will never mind that it's your decision not mine i not gonna comment to you anymore bye.
Aug 3, 2015 1:50 AM

Nov 2014
another good episode and the ed was so beautiful
also im convinced megu-nee is just one of yuki's delusions
Aug 3, 2015 1:57 AM

Jan 2015
Damn, all these positive reviews make me happy. 9 or 10
Aug 3, 2015 4:53 AM

Jan 2009
BTW, there were so many talks about Miki's stockings and garterbelt, but am I the only one who noticed they dissapear when she lowers to her knees after shouting at Taroumaru?
Aug 3, 2015 5:54 AM

Mar 2015
Wonder if we'll get a scene of Taromaru finding Kei in future.

Aug 3, 2015 7:15 AM

Jan 2015
MelonMilk said:
Wonder if we'll get a scene of Taromaru finding Kei in future.

probably
Aug 3, 2015 8:15 AM

Jun 2014
Zetsuei380 said:
Thai777 said:

I agree that for now the fact that Miki's is here at the beginning doesn't add anything and even makes more thing confusing, but that is not a reason to hate the adaptation yet. It's an useless thing but it isn't something that hurt the anime yet. I consider the fact that they went to the mall a plothole, just like many anime have.
And honestly what do you mean a flaw to Kurumi? She just changed a little, she might not be the same Kurumi as in the manga but that doesn't make it a flaw. And I disagree that it is only mentionned in the 2nd episode. I'm quite sure in this episode it was clear that the atmosphere changed when Kurumi's was against Zombies.
Aug 3, 2015 8:30 AM

Jan 2015
LoveChild said:
I wouldn't really praise a waking up and getting ready for work segment. That's barely any worthy original content tbh. 99% of it was still things related to the bonus chapter. Unless they pull 100% out of their ass for Rii, I'm a bit doubtful we will get anything about her, seeing as her story is sort of a starting point/connection/transition to a much larger thing.
Unless they focus the last four episodes on this or skip a whole bunch of things and make the entire second half about it, I am not sure we have enough episodes to even begin going down that road. :/

It certainly is not a great amount of additions and it isn't transcendental to the story, but it still gave some lights about Megu nee. Not only waking up in the morning and getting ready for work. It is also her career struggle (via mom's texts and vice principal? Can't remember who was the guy). Her interactions with the girls previous apocalypse, and so. Ah, and the car scene as well.

They couldn't add more because of time and Megu nee is not a main. At least we were given a bit more about who was the sensei before the apocalypse.

As for Rii, I already answered what might they do on my previous post.

On a totally different matter, the "report" link is so close to the "quote" one. Every single time I tried to quote, I almost click on the report one instead >____<
Aug 3, 2015 8:59 AM

Jul 2009
Poor Miki, her friend is dead for sure...
Kurumi is so cool! Hell, she rocks with that shovel!
Aug 3, 2015 9:05 AM

Jan 2015
Guys, just ignore who hates this adaptation. Their reasons to hate are stupid in most of the cases.
(Don't tell me guys that you have never seen a plothole .-. Every anime has one)
Aug 3, 2015 11:12 AM

Apr 2015
I have no knowledge whatsoever of the manga but I get the feeling Miki's friend is not dead.

Truly A-level entertainment this is. I applaud Lerche.
Aug 3, 2015 11:35 AM
Sep 2010
Thai777 said:

I agree that for now the fact that Miki's is here at the beginning doesn't add anything and even makes more thing confusing, but that is not a reason to hate the adaptation yet. It's an useless thing but it isn't something that hurt the anime yet. I consider the fact that they went to the mall a plothole, just like many anime have.

For me it hurts the narrative, because of the fact that Miki is in the group in the beginning, we are forced to spend more time in flashbacks than whats happening in present day. Also if they turn events that happen in present day in the manga into flashbacks, they remove any sort of tension or suspense for those events for newcomers since its a flashback they know the characters aren't in any real danger.

Thai777 said:

And honestly what do you mean a flaw to Kurumi? She just changed a little, she might not be the same Kurumi as in the manga but that doesn't make it a flaw. And I disagree that it is only mentionned in the 2nd episode. I'm quite sure in this episode it was clear that the atmosphere changed when Kurumi's was against Zombies.

While I will admit that "flaw" might not have been the correct choice of word. In the anime Kurumi has to visually cover zombies with an aura to keep her from reminding herself that they used to be human, but that only has any significance in episode 2 where we are shown that she starts to hesitate to kill the zombie. But so far that has only happened in that episode only, every other time she fights a zombie she does it without any hesitation to the point that the scenes could of been done without her having to visualize. Its like having a blind person still being able to function as though he see can around him like a normal person. Why did the writers wanted to give this visualization thing to Kurumi when SO FAR (they can still fix this in later episodes) it hasn't affected her in any significant way other than to give the animators a reason to cover the zombies with the aura.

Xenocrisi said:
Guys, just ignore who hates this adaptation. Their reasons to hate are stupid in most of the cases.
(Don't tell me guys that you have never seen a plothole .-. Every anime has one)

So in other words, cover your ears and go "Blah Blah Blah I'm not listening Blah Blah Blah." I don't know about you but if an adaption adds plotholes that weren't present in the source, then it shouldn't be considered a "great" adaptation. Just because every anime has plotholes doesn't make it ok to have them in the first place.
Aug 3, 2015 11:48 AM

Jan 2015
Zetsui380 said:

Xenocrisi said:

So in other words, cover your ears and go "Blah Blah Blah I'm not listening Blah Blah Blah." I don't know about you but if an adaption adds plotholes that weren't present in the source, then it shouldn't be considered a "great" adaptation. Just because every anime has plotholes doesn't make it ok to have them in the first place.

I've never said it. I don't understand why i should argue with you for a stupid Plothole, as long as this will be the only plothole in the anime, i don't really care, every anime does mistakes. if you want to complain about this adaptation then create a club called "I HATE GAKKOU GURASHI'S ADAPTATION" and don't fill this anime episode's discussion with your hate/bullshit.
Aug 3, 2015 11:50 AM

Dec 2014
Man_Lanz said:
I have no knowledge whatsoever of the manga but I get the feeling Miki's friend is not dead.

I respectfully disagree. If the friend was alive they would have found her. She was zombie chow the minute she stepped out of the safely barricaded room she and Miki were sharing. Still, I don't think the move was stupid per se. They couldn't have remained in that room forever because the food would have eventually ran out. Kei wanted to go for help before they were suffering from malnutrition and before their sanity began to slip away. Her fault was in going alone and not taking a suitable weapon with her (assuming there was something appropriate there for her to use in the first place).
Aug 3, 2015 4:43 PM

Jun 2014
Zetsuei380 said:
Thai777 said:

For me it hurts the narrative, because of the fact that Miki is in the group in the beginning, we are forced to spend more time in flashbacks than whats happening in present day. Also if they turn events that happen in present day in the manga into flashbacks, they remove any sort of tension or suspense for those events for newcomers since its a flashback they know the characters aren't in any real danger.

Yes you are right, it does take out tension and it does piss me off. So yeah the anime could have been better if there were less flashback, I still think it is a decent adaptation. It just could have been better.

Zetsuei380 said:
Thai777 said:

While I will admit that "flaw" might not have been the correct choice of word. In the anime Kurumi has to visually cover zombies with an aura to keep her from reminding herself that they used to be human, but that only has any significance in episode 2 where we are shown that she starts to hesitate to kill the zombie. But so far that has only happened in that episode only, every other time she fights a zombie she does it without any hesitation to the point that the scenes could of been done without her having to visualize. Its like having a blind person still being able to function as though he see can around him like a normal person. Why did the writers wanted to give this visualization thing to Kurumi when SO FAR (they can still fix this in later episodes) it hasn't affected her in any significant way other than to give the animators a reason to cover the zombies with the aura.

You are wrong. In the second episode she did cover her with an aura but the reason of her hesitation was that there was a trigger, a picture of the zombie before she became a zombie. That is the reason she hesitated. In the event of this episode there was no trigger, so she didn't have to hesitate. Don't forget she was prepared to swiftly kill the zombie in episode 2, in episode 4 she doesn't even kill them(well not all) just to knock them out which is already better than killing.
Aug 3, 2015 4:49 PM

Jul 2012
Thai777 said:
Zetsuei380 said:

Yes you are right, it does take out tension and it does piss me off. So yeah the anime could have been better if there were less flashback, I still think it is a decent adaptation. It just could have been better.

^ my feelings exactly but that doen's mean we are hating on the anime adaptation. Yes, I admit I am a bit disappointed because I really love the manga but it's still one of the best anime I'm watching this season
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Aug 3, 2015 5:38 PM

Apr 2015
But...but I like the flashbacks.
Aug 3, 2015 9:44 PM

Aug 2015
Here's the thing, if you don't like the adaptation, then just drop it and stick to the original material then not making yourself look like a masochist and forcing yourself to watch what you don't like.

For me, I enjoyed this episode, but not the best episode I saw.

For the mall part, we can just assume that they need to buy clothes or items that are not available at the school canteen just based on the preview I saw.
Aug 3, 2015 11:04 PM

Jul 2009
I love how you all assume that just because we don't like SOME things in the show, we hate it and should drop it.
Logic of a 5-year-old.

<3?

Aug 3, 2015 11:19 PM
Sep 2010
Thai777 said:

You are wrong. In the second episode she did cover her with an aura but the reason of her hesitation was that there was a trigger, a picture of the zombie before she became a zombie. That is the reason she hesitated. In the event of this episode there was no trigger, so she didn't have to hesitate. Don't forget she was prepared to swiftly kill the zombie in episode 2, in episode 4 she doesn't even kill them(well not all) just to knock them out which is already better than killing.

Yes, but how does her needing to visualize an aura around the zombies affect her as a character? They could of slightly altered those scenes and wouldn't have affected anything. For example, in episode 2 when she saw the picture she noticed how the zombie used to be a regular person causing the aura to start dissipating making her hesitate.They could of altered it so that when she saw the picture of the girl with her boyfriend with love written on it, it causes her to remember the tragic moment she killed her senpai (whom she had a crush on) making her shake and distracted before killing the zombie before it can get her (this is basically how I initially interpreted that scene the first time I saw it), and it wouldn't have changed anything. Or in this episode, we see her just before she goes down to get the car, she mentally prepares her visualization thing before jumping down. They could of easily change it so that instead of visualizing, she's just taking a deep breathe because she's about to do something very dangerous. Do you see what I mean here? Her visualizing an aura on them doesn't change anything . She still acts like the same Kurumi from the manga, her visualizing doesn't make her act all that differently, and it currently doesn't add anything to the story. Hence why I currently believe that her visualizing an aura around the zombies is pointless.

Xenocrisi said:

I've never said it. I don't understand why i should argue with you for a stupid Plothole, as long as this will be the only plothole in the anime, i don't really care, every anime does mistakes. if you want to complain about this adaptation then create a club called "I HATE GAKKOU GURASHI'S ADAPTATION" and don't fill this anime episode's discussion with your hate/bullshit.

Like I said before just because every anime has plotholes/mistakes doesn't mean its ok to have them in the first place. And like I said to GodEaterChan, I can say whatever I want on this discussion forum. This isn't the "Lets Only Praise Gakkou Gurashi's Adaptation" discussion forum. If you wanted that, then maybe YOU should create a club called "I LOVE GAKKOU GURASHI'S ADAPTATION." I have every right to post my negative criticisms of the show as much as you have every right to post your positive praises of the show on this discussion. Don't like it? Deal with it.

I would also like to point out that I don't hate this show, but it sure as hell making it difficult for me to like it. I am disappointed with it, that doesn't mean I hate it. I have pointed out things that I do like, I like episode 3 and the addition of taromaru in Miki's backstory. its just that the bad currently outweigh the good. And like I said before, some of the problems I have can be relieved in the later episodes.
Zetsuei380Aug 3, 2015 11:28 PM
Aug 4, 2015 12:57 AM

Jan 2015
Zetsuei380 said:

Xenocrisi said:

Like I said before just because every anime has plotholes/mistakes doesn't mean its ok to have them in the first place. And like I said to GodEaterChan, I can say whatever I want on this discussion forum. This isn't the "Lets Only Praise Gakkou Gurashi's Adaptation" discussion forum. If you wanted that, then maybe YOU should create a club called "I LOVE GAKKOU GURASHI'S ADAPTATION." I have every right to post my negative criticisms of the show as much as you have every right to post your positive praises of the show on this discussion. Don't like it? Deal with it.

I would also like to point out that I don't hate this show, but it sure as hell making it difficult for me to like it. I am disappointed with it, that doesn't mean I hate it. I have pointed out things that I do like, I like episode 3 and the addition of taromaru in Miki's backstory. its just that the bad currently outweigh the good. And like I said before, some of the problems I have can be relieved in the later episodes.

I'll never create that club because i don't love Gakkou Gurashi's adaptation and i am disappointed too but i don't like hating a lot on an anime episode's discussion thread, i prefer telling them positive points, not always bad mistakes that are not all this problem.
Aug 4, 2015 1:57 AM

Aug 2015
I know the anime adaptation is not what other manga readers were expecting to be but I know they can pull this off given the fact that the original creator is also part of the anime staff so please can we give this anime a few episodes before we assume something because we may never know they can fix the discrepancies of a certain episode. Just look at punchline, at first half it was a trainwreck but the second half saved it and became a hidden gem last season.

I miss the days when everyone is having a goodtime in this forums not like this, having a full of toxicity.
MizunashiAug 4, 2015 2:04 AM
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2015

511 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 23, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

289 by PahLevia »»
Feb 16, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

228 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Feb 6, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2015

328 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 28, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2015

226 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 24, 11:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.