Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 18, 2015 9:34 AM

Jan 2012
Pfft! Lou didn't even die...the one thing I was looking forward to from this mess and it didn't happen. I have no idea how or why I watched this until the end, but I did, and it might very well be the worst series I've ever finished, ever. Incomprehensible plot, meaningless death mechanic, very bland and forgettable characters, and passable art. That's pretty much all I got from this, 3/10. It'll be forgotten soon enough
Sep 18, 2015 9:51 AM
Feb 2011
A solid 2/10. But hey, at least it was somewhat entertaining.
Sep 18, 2015 9:53 AM

Mar 2014
A nice conclusion, even though the first half of this episode was a disaster.
6/10, mostly for the conclusion and for the sound. :D
Sep 18, 2015 9:57 AM

Apr 2012
I hate that he never considered to sacrifice himself to the dragon, instead he kills people precious to him, asshole.
Sep 18, 2015 10:25 AM

Jun 2014
And so it finally ends. This anime was pretty painful to get through. The only reason I didn't drop this was because the crappiness of this anime actually made me want to keep watching just to see how it would end. I know, sounds weird. Even after finishing it, I still have no clue what this anime was about. And it's not because it was confusing, because it wasn't. The plot was just THAT uninteresting. All I know is that their country is fine or something.

It's extremely hard to believe that this was adapted from something created by the same minds that brought us Fate/Zero, Fate/Stay Night and Kara no Kyoukai, and Durarara and Baccano. They must have been on some dank drugs and I'm sure literally everything was pulled from their asses.

Definitely the worst anime of this season, hopefully we don't get anything like this ever again (but let's face it, every season has to have the epic trainwreck anime. Hopefully none of the things I plan to watch next season are this bad). Anyway, 3/10.

EDIT: Almost forgot to mention, the CGI on the Red Dragon was cringe-worthy.
thebrentinator24Sep 18, 2015 10:36 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 18, 2015 10:31 AM

Jul 2009
This nightmare is finally over, I don't have enough words to describe how awful this show was, one of the worst I've seen and the last terrible show at this level which I recall watching was Pupa.

People have been saying this is a story of a tabletop RPG and since i've played those RPGs for years I can say that even a 10 year old can do a better story than the one in this mess of a show. Looks like the authors/directors messed this up really good.

This shows lacks a single redeeming quality, nothing is memorable, everything is half-assed and the story is almost non-existent.

1/10, would rate 0 but since MAL don't have a 0 yet i'm going to let it be at the lowest possible.
Sep 18, 2015 10:32 AM

Feb 2014
It's finally over. 5/10 spare me from this.
Sep 18, 2015 10:34 AM

Jan 2015
Dat Lou part at the end.
Is that mean that they thought there will be a sequel?
That's adorable. :P
Sep 18, 2015 10:50 AM
Dec 2014
Jul 17, 6:20 PM

CanadianCourage

Ok I've seen enough of this anime to see how it is going to end. It will have Ibuki losing friend after friend in his journey while trying to either distance himself or protect Eiha using other peoples lives. The final episodes will have an enemy to great for him to defeat by trading "regular" souls so he must sacrifice Eiha after finally realizing that he cares for her as more than a body guard. Eiha is sacrificed against Ibuki's will or he makes the tough choice of killing himself to trade his life for hers. This defeats the "Big Bad" and Ibuki or Eiha is alone, Ibuki to clean up his kingdom and Eiha to live in peace out of the public eye.

So those are my thoughts going forwards, what do you guys think will happen in the later episodes?

So that was my post when episode 3 was released and I'm proud to say that I was pretty close for guessing so far back. To all those who said it wasn't going to happen, Maloghusrt and Grey-zone, I'm the man! lol
Sep 18, 2015 10:51 AM
Jul 2018
I was really looking forward to it because of the people working on it but what I got is nothing like I expected. It started going downhill after the third episode and even though there were some ups it remained bad. I regret watching it since it weak and a boring plot most of the time with some very uninteresting characters and horrible CGI. 3/10
Sep 18, 2015 10:59 AM

Jan 2015
So it only need ONE, just ONE Episode, about 23 Minute to conclude it?
- Neither Red Dragon and Lou didn't die.
- The Nations has "regain" the Peace.
- Ibuki unable to "move-on" and make a "Hybrid" Eiha instead because he thinks that he has a debt for Eiha's sacrifice.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 18, 2015 11:03 AM

Aug 2014
The ending makes it seem like they are planning on a second season...overall the best episode of this show, which was still meh at best. The Lou vs Shallow fight was not long enough. And Lou survived?! Really? I had hoped she would atleast die...

3/10, I simply can't think of a reason to give it a score any higher than that. Inori and Swellow managed to save it in the end.
SnappynatorSep 18, 2015 12:00 PM
Sep 18, 2015 11:44 AM

Aug 2014
That little bitch Lou got away again, with the Dragon's tama this time too.
Ibuki did not even realize all the crime she has done even at the final episode, and even says that she is one of those who lost things precious to them wtheck.

The good point of this episode would be:
Ibuki finally understood what's needed to be done.
Eiha's "death" were pretty well done, they even remade a version of her merged with Val.
Sweallow learnt the meaning behind his curse.

Wanted to give this series a 6, but gave it a 7 anyway for Eiha.
Your taste in Anime is shit.

Because you can't differentiate between what's good and bad.

How sad.
Sep 18, 2015 11:48 AM

Feb 2015
I actually liked the character designs but the CGI in this series was truly awful. The last episode was the best and showed what the series could have been with a better story.

It's a shame but this series was a mess. To many ideas thrown into a hat along with a large cast of forgettable characters. I've given it a 4.
Sep 18, 2015 11:54 AM

Aug 2015
So this finally ends. Going by the ending it seems they plan to make a sequel, if they do hope they improve in many things because this series wasn't good at all...
Sep 18, 2015 11:59 AM

Nov 2011
Episode 12 meeting entitled "How can we end this shitty anime?"
Solution: Give it a shitty ending!
No clarification on Lou's sword and what it actually is, it just ate Life Force.
Then you give her the Dragon charm...cool, let's make THE WORSE character stronger then she ever was. Meanwhile Ibuki is running in a desert for some reason, Swellow THANK GOD is alive and Eykha is in cool new white form. The only positive is that both Swellow and Eykha are alive.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 18, 2015 12:06 PM

Aug 2013
I crowned this anime as, the worst anime of this season
Sep 18, 2015 12:26 PM

Feb 2015
I like the thought that they think this deserves a second season because it really doesn't.
Also, i thought for a minute that Sweallow died and would have been pissed if he died. I'm just glad Inori is dead. Too bad I didn't get to see Lou die. I would've liked that.

Overall, one of the worst anime I've ever seen. 4/10 because Sweallow was great.
Sep 18, 2015 12:26 PM

Aug 2015
It was meh until the last episode to me. Ending made it decent.... so 6/10 for me. I cant believe some people were watching 12 episodes of this show, if you thought it was shitty from the beginning and gave it a 3/10, etc.
>inb4 this MAL
>i know
Sep 18, 2015 12:35 PM

Sep 2010
So happy this is over... I felt obligated to finish it, but it never got better.

I'm not even sure what the plot was? Everyone dies, that's about it. There wasn't a single redeeming quality. I'm just so lost as to how this went so badly.

Really hope there isn't a second season. It would just be wasted money and time to throw anything more at this anime.
Sep 18, 2015 12:36 PM

Dec 2014
I've made it through to the other side. The small handful of us that made it to the end are heroes among men, we are the 1%! Soooo glad this is over.

1/10
Sep 18, 2015 12:38 PM

Jul 2007
moodie said:
it isnt as bad as people are making out to be akame ga kill, terraformars and other b rate edgy anime are far worse but for me its a solid 6/10 not horrible, not good but just fine enough to keep watching it every week

Don't worry

A youtubecancer said it is the worst thing ever in a video, it must be worse than Mars of Destruction.
Sep 18, 2015 12:48 PM

Jul 2009
CookingPriest said:
moodie said:
it isnt as bad as people are making out to be akame ga kill, terraformars and other b rate edgy anime are far worse but for me its a solid 6/10 not horrible, not good but just fine enough to keep watching it every week

Don't worry

A youtubecancer said it is the worst thing ever in a video, it must be worse than Mars of Destruction.

Nothing in the anime world is worse than Mars of Destruction.
Sep 18, 2015 12:54 PM

Apr 2015
I found this series quite satisfying, though I wish they didn't have the ending set up potential sequels and instead had a decisive finish.

The show actually ended up being much better than I originally expected.
Sep 18, 2015 1:01 PM

May 2015
So last episode. I actually liked that final moment, especially that BGM, have to search for that one. But yea, this show felt pretty lackluster in the end. Thought of giving it a 5/10, but I'll be giving it a 6/10, because music and final moments.
ReverberateSep 18, 2015 1:05 PM

Sep 18, 2015 1:15 PM

Jun 2013
well at least it's over
Sep 18, 2015 1:27 PM
Jul 2018
It was a decent anime.

Lou got the dragon charm!
Sep 18, 2015 1:28 PM

Jun 2014
Looks like people enjoyed this show. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
:3
Sep 18, 2015 1:55 PM

May 2014
BEST ANIMU EVER
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2015 2:35 PM

May 2012
that was fucking retarded... 1/10
Sep 18, 2015 2:39 PM

Dec 2014
I feel like this would've been better if it was made into a movie instead.

Anyways, are you kidding me? Was there really a need to even try to imply a sequel? I mean, come on... At least the ending turned out to be decent, though I wasn't exactly expecting things to pan out.

Well, overall an extremely underwhelming series. Though seeing Eiha at the end was pleasant, I must say. She looks way more beautiful than before.
Sep 18, 2015 3:06 PM

Aug 2014
Jonny_Mhl said:
CookingPriest said:

Don't worry

You clearly haven't seen Boku no Pico.

alpha_shadow said:
Looks like people enjoyed this show. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dunno whether you are serious or not, but I'm surprised by how many people gave it a decent rating, mainly because of all the critics and negative comments that was in the previous 11 episode threads.
Sep 18, 2015 4:42 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
moodie said:
While I do agree that it's not as bad as people are making it out to be, AgK and especially Terra Formars destroys this anime in just about every aspect tbh

Anyway, I'm kinda disappointed that nobody felt the need to make Lou pay for her crimes and let her live but whatever, at least Eiha and Swallow didn't die so I'm happy about that

In all honesty, I was expecting a lot more for this series but in the end it ended up being quite disappointing....6/10 for me
Sep 18, 2015 5:28 PM

Jun 2008
Eiha lives! the show is saved o/ ...not

I enjoyed the unique character designs and that ending song was rather nice, but other than that there wasn't much for me in this show. Dunno what the writers were trying to pull off but this was a trainwreck of a story, RIP in pieces
Sep 18, 2015 6:02 PM

May 2012
So, this was the final episode ?! I thought it was 13 episodes long

Anyway, I never felt bored while watching this anime and it was entertaining, but ending felt little rushed.
Sep 18, 2015 6:15 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
I was really furious and I facepalmed when Ibuki sacrificed Eiha's life. But the condition for the life exchange was to give Eiha a brand new life by reincarnating her and Val. Well, honestly, I like how it turned out, though. It would be nice to see Ibuki and Eiha reunited once again, even if the reincarnated Eiha doesn't have all the memories from her previous life. Eiha looks much more beautiful in her reincarnation. Seems like a fusion between Val and her old self.

That and the character designs were the only things that I liked about this series. As for the story, it was a real trainwreck and there were also too many uninteresting info dumps that I never really cared for. Most of the dialogue from the previous episodes were a snoozefest. And how I wish Lou could have been captured to make her pay for her crimes. ~_~

Well, that's that. 4/10 here.. :/
Sep 18, 2015 6:45 PM

Jul 2009
Snappynator said:
Jonny_Mhl said:

You clearly haven't seen Boku no Pico.

Boku isn't anime but it was a lot more objective than Chaos Dragon.

Also I've watched it *cringes at a corner*....and I don't want to remember.
Sep 18, 2015 7:01 PM

Nov 2014
It wasn't 1/10 bad, and it would be great as a comedy.
Anyway, season 2 when?
Sep 18, 2015 9:10 PM

Jan 2011
This shit had zero impact. People dying and not one care was given. That's when you know your show has failed to deliver. Lets not talk about the logical progression of the plot > >

All attempts were a failure imo. The only merit is the production value minus CG which was awful.

Please...please don't make anymore.
Sep 18, 2015 10:18 PM

Sep 2013
Eyhka's and Val's new form was cute <3
mc's sister is dead :( she's too far gone, poor Inori :'(

7/10 - nice op and ed songs, deaths, decent production values, alot of twists, keeps you entertained, not too slow and not too fast.
Sep 18, 2015 10:55 PM

Mar 2012
Chaos Dragon is known as Modern Anime in a Nutshell.

This is the main reason why i hate modern seasonal anime.

0/10
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Sep 18, 2015 10:56 PM

Aug 2013
Well....hmmmmm....

It was bad, but at least it's over?

Final fights were bad. He picked Eykha as predicted. Doesn't even make a big deal about killing his sister. The fucking ship crashing into the dragon had more drama and impact behind it than his sister burning to death.

Lou didn't die. Not only did she live, but she got the fucking crystal in her chest too with the dragon's power. Which also makes no sense because I thought the show mentioned that those cores only resonate with people who can be a child of contract.

Swellow has the chance to eliminate his curse (even though he didn't do anything the black dragon asked him to) and HE TURNS IT DOWN. Literally his only goal in life, and he's like "eh nvm brah".

Red dragon is adamant that Eykha reborn will be an entirely different person. Yet she still seems to have innate memories, making the very fucking thing said a minute ago completely irrelevant. (she looked kinda cool though? I think?)

Ibuki delays his crowning to Eykha. Well at least that's what they want us to think. In reality he just ran into a rock in the middle of the desert, with literally no life in site in the hundred mile panorama view it showed.

This would've been way better if Lou didn't kill Gakusho and she became Ibuki's older woman queen. Would've been more logical than 99% of the other things that happened in the show.

4/10. Still better than Glasslip.
Sep 18, 2015 11:49 PM

Oct 2011
Eiha lives
Sep 19, 2015 12:45 AM

Oct 2010
This has to be the dumbest waste of time shows I have ever seen, lol. It was so horrible that it is actually hilarious. The only thing this show had going for it is, the fantastic female character design, loli beast tamer and loli twin sister.
Sep 19, 2015 2:09 AM

Mar 2013
So much plot hole bullshit not makin' sense.
Jesus Christ this was a disaster....

But I'd probably watch a sequel.

I could probably have written this show better myself, and I'm kinda tempted to do so. The sad thing is that the characters and setting could have been interesting, as one would expect from the 5 character designers they blatantly pushed in the advertising before this show aired.

Oh well, too bad.
At least the music was good.
2/10
SheasonDueruloSep 19, 2015 2:14 AM
Sep 19, 2015 2:13 AM

Mar 2013
Tokoya said:
Anyway, I'm kinda disappointed that nobody felt the need to make Lou pay for her crimes and let her live but whatever, at least Eiha and Swallow didn't die so I'm happy about that

It's not even just Lou! Wtf happened to the two invading countries? Why did they stop halfway? And then they approve of the new king of the country they were weeks ago trying to conquer?
So much is blown off here, I just can't.
Sep 19, 2015 2:32 AM

Oct 2011
A weak ending for a weak show.

Pros / Cons of Chaos Dragon:

+ Good music
+ Eiha
+ White haired Eiha
- Ibuki
- The Main Character
- The contract kid
- Ibuki
- The new king
- Everything

A generous 4/10.
Sep 19, 2015 3:53 AM

May 2014
Well the fact that episode 10&11 were very nicely done in comparison to the rest of the anime and the conclusion in episode 12 upped my rating.
This episode has a nice ending after all, not too good but it is satisfying.
I say it's gone from a 5>6. Final rating 6.
This mostly thanks to character designs and animation.
Sep 19, 2015 4:09 AM
Nov 2010
I'm pleased to see Lou is alive. Except for her and a few more characters, there wasn't much to care about in this anime. It was just watchable, not much else.
Sep 19, 2015 6:25 AM

Dec 2010
...da f*** the dog's soul went into the girl !!! da f***

-6/10 at least the OP was hard core
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

187 by OweynLupton »»
Jan 8, 2021 7:24 AM

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

287 by Kowareta99 »»
May 9, 2020 3:44 PM

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2015

39 by EvianBubble »»
Apr 12, 2017 4:44 PM

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2015

58 by EvianBubble »»
Apr 12, 2017 11:23 AM

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2015

40 by EvianBubble »»
Apr 12, 2017 10:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.