Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 22, 2014 6:09 AM
Sep 2013
Wow, I finally got use to that narrator's voice talking for like the whole episode. I don't mind it anymore. Anyways, lol at Pouf's scene, he needs to take a chill pill and dayum Gon :D
Jan 22, 2014 6:22 AM

Jun 2013
First of, the narration is what makes 50% of this anime. This is the best narration i have ever seen in an anime. Also they need to take it easy, else it's gonna be over too quick. Nobody want's that, just slow down and get ready for 2 big fights!.
ramrowanJan 23, 2014 2:04 AM
If I drive for you, you get your money. You tell me where we start, where we're going, where we're going afterwards. I give you five minutes when we get there. Anything happens in that five minutes and I'm yours. No matter what. Anything a minute on either side of that and you're on your own. I don't sit in while you're running it down. I don't carry a gun. I drive.
Jan 22, 2014 6:24 AM

Jun 2009
Yay, I'm hyped for the next episodes fight with more stills, slow motion and more narration.
Jan 22, 2014 6:31 AM

Nov 2013
lars911 said:
When a studio like A-1 skips alot of stuff like in magi you guys say " NOOO THIS IS SHIT " and when madhouse try their best to build up the tension and cover the whole manga you say " NOOO BORING " ... well i got one thing to say to you , EAT SHIT YOU UNGRATEFUL BASTARDS !!

about the episode , omg gon is already showing traces of you know what =D can't wait *o*

If you have a problem with Magi, too bad for you, I don't have any. Magi never had an episode half as boring as this one.
"and when madhouse try their best to build up the tension and cover the whole manga"
No, they are not even trying, read @-MgZ_'s post, I don't feel like repeating.
You don't need to tell me to "eat shit", the narrator is telling us that all the time, so much that some people like you got used to the taste.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jan 22, 2014 6:35 AM

May 2013
If Togashi's goal in making the Chimera Ant arc was to be as controversial as possible and to break up his fanbase into separate factions...congratulations. He's achieved his objective.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Jan 22, 2014 6:35 AM

Nov 2013
agequeue said:
Also the need to take it easy, else it's gonna be over too quick. Nobody want's that

I WANT. If they could cover the whole arc in one big episode, I would love it.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jan 22, 2014 6:37 AM

Nov 2013
MrAM said:
If Togashi's goal in making the Chimera Ant arc was to be as controversial as possible and to break up his fanbase into separate factions...congratulations. He's achieved his objective.

It's not Togashi's fault, he has nothing to do with how the anime is made.
― Saint Augustine
Jan 22, 2014 6:44 AM

May 2013
pkKodama said:
MrAM said:

I was speaking about the content in general, not specifically about how this episode was made. From what I've seen on other forums, this arc is pretty polarizing among manga fans of the series as well. Some people speak of it as if it were the zenith of the medium, while others consider it to be terrible and call it the worst part of HxH.

Some anime-only watchers are displeased with this arc as well, and not just because of the heavy narration that's begun since the invasion; they just straight up don't like it. They're perfectly entitled to their opinion, as this arc is certainly not everyone's cup of tea.

All I have to say is, I have a feeling a lot of people are going to be let down by the invasion if it continues like this. I'm personally loving it, but I could see why a lot of people don't. That's what happens when an author is as unconventional as this.
MrAMJan 22, 2014 6:48 AM
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Jan 22, 2014 6:47 AM

Nov 2013
MrAM said:
pkKodama said:
MrAM said:

I was speaking about the content in general, not specifically about how this episode was made. From what I've seen on other forums, though, this arc is pretty polarizing among manga fans of the series as well. Some people speak of it as if it were the zenith of the medium, while others consider it to be terrible and call it the worst part of HxH.

Some anime-only watchers are displeased with this arc as well, and not just because of the heavy narration that's begun since the invasion; they just straight up don't like it. They're perfectly entitled to their opinion, as this arc is certainly not everyone's cup of tea.

All I have to say is, I have a feeling a lot of people are going to be let down by the invasion if it continues like this. I'm personally loving it, but I could see why a lot of people don't. That's what happens when an author is as unconventional as this.

Oh, ok.
― Saint Augustine
Jan 22, 2014 7:16 AM

Aug 2013
Pouf is such a weirdo.
Jan 22, 2014 7:22 AM
Sep 2011
Good episode, got a bit too high expectations from the insanely good two recent episodes - whole episode is a 4/5 for me, however ending scene with Netero poiting towards Pitou and Gons face bumps it up to a 4.5. This little boy is even more scary than Hisoka at the moment.

And I really can't take it anymore, "pkKodama" - you ruin my mood when coming into these discussion threads. I come into these threads happy about the episode, wanting to see others opinion; and I leave with Gon's ending face. I hate arrogant people like you the most, "yeah, go ahead and laugh of your own mediocrity." Hahahahaha, are you freaking serious? + You need to learn how to state what you say as opinion, not facts. I'll just quote you and throw it back at you; "You're completely deluded".

The worst part is that you sit here on HxH topics writing shit like this 24/7 without end.

(PS: Is there an ignore function on MAL? Would be very helpful, cause I don't understand how you guys can put up with stuff like this)
RendioJan 22, 2014 7:38 AM
Jan 22, 2014 7:39 AM

Dec 2013
Gon at the end... TOO GOOD!
"When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No! When he suffers a disease? No! When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten!"
- Dr. Hiluluk
Jan 22, 2014 7:43 AM

Nov 2013
Rendio said:
Good episode, got a bit too high expectations from the insanely good two recent episodes - whole episode is a 4/5 for me, however ending scene with Netero poiting towards Pitou and Gons face bumps it up to a 4.5. Just insane.

And I really can't take it anymore, "pkKodama" - you ruin my mood when coming into these discussion threads. I hate arrogant people like you the most, "yeah, go ahead and laugh of your own mediocrity." Hahahahaha, are you freaking serious? + You need to learn how to state what you say as opinion, not facts.

The worst part is that you sit here on HxH topics writing shit like this 24/7 without end.

I state whatever I want.
You're just mad because I sent you a comment and blocked you. Even when you write "Hahahahaha", you're actually crying, right?
24/7? No, that's not true, if you look the gap of time between my posts, you know that's nonsense.
If you don't like my posts, don't read them. Simple like that. クズ野郎
― Saint Augustine
Jan 22, 2014 8:14 AM

Dec 2008
Shiapouf has gone from just a drama queen to being a flambouyant and delusional drama queen.
I think I just fell in love with Shoot.

Welfin should go dig a ditch and die in it!

Sent with Mal Updater
Jan 22, 2014 8:31 AM
Sep 2011
pkKodama said:
You're just mad because I sent you a comment and blocked you. Even when you write "Hahahahaha", you're actually crying, right?
24/7? No, that's not true, if you look the gap of time between my posts, you know that's nonsense.

Wow, just wow. I'd love to know what kind of shit you're on to get as arrogant and ignorant as you are. And where exactly do I see this comment of yours that you've sent? I don't use MAL much, I have no notifications of getting a message.

And no, I'm not crying - I'm simply just laughing at you, or well; maybe shedding a tear for how someone can grow up to talk like you do.
Jan 22, 2014 8:33 AM

Dec 2010
Rendio said:
pkKodama said:

Wow, just wow. I'd love to know what kind of shit you're on to get as arrogant and ignorant as you are. And where exactly do I see this comment of yours that you've sent? I don't use MAL much, I have no notifications of getting a message.

And no, I'm not crying - I'm simply just laughing at you, or well; maybe shedding a tear for how someone can grow up to talk like you do.
You're feeding the troll! He'll go away eventually if people stop acknowledging him.
Jan 22, 2014 8:36 AM
Sep 2011
Pknoctis said:
You're feeding the troll! He'll go away eventually if people stop acknowledging him.

I know I shouldn't, but it geniuenly looks like he looks at himself as some kind of upper being on these forums. Talking down on most people who doesn't share his opinions, even resorting to desperate acts as grammar policing.

EDIT: I found his message; anyone who wants a good laugh please check my profile. I can't believe what I'm reading right now. Mayve I'm just too old to watch animes, stand alone visiting a forum.
RendioJan 22, 2014 8:44 AM
Jan 22, 2014 9:15 AM
Aug 2013
I actually really enjoy the pace of the show. The slow mo parts drag out the show a lot (and the cliffhangers are enough to leave me half dead at the end of every episode) but they add a lot of intensity to it. And honestly, seeing how good the story is going so far I'd rather they not rush through the scenes. I don't want to end up feeling that such a fantastic arc was rushed through quickly.
Jan 22, 2014 9:18 AM

Nov 2013
@Pknoctis Why are you calling me a troll? He is the one who wrote a post completely out of context.
@Rendio
You're just showing your weakness and lack of self control. Chill out.
― Saint Augustine
Jan 22, 2014 9:42 AM

Apr 2013
Great episode, I actually like how these episodes are done. It keeps me anticipating and excited every week. That looks Gon had and the dark aura around him..... :o Shit is about to go down!!!!
Jan 22, 2014 9:49 AM

Nov 2010
MrAM said:
pkKodama said:
MrAM said:

I was speaking about the content in general, not specifically about how this episode was made. From what I've seen on other forums, this arc is pretty polarizing among manga fans of the series as well. Some people speak of it as if it were the zenith of the medium, while others consider it to be terrible and call it the worst part of HxH.

Big deal if they don't like it. As long as we are enjoying our end. I am an anime-only viewer and I am loving every episode of HxH, the lowest was 4/5 during the Netero invasion. The flashback during this episode was too minuscule to have even bothered me unlike the one in the Netero invasion.

The most important are the Japanese viewers though. I hope they are liking this pace...
Jan 22, 2014 12:36 PM

Oct 2011
Are there ever any discussions about the actual episodes anymore or are these just constant flame wars now? Like people aren't even arguing about the content of the episode, they're just arguing for the sake of arguing.

A little late but I really liked this episode. Looking back, as a whole it wasn't as good as the previous but it had parts that were better. Watching Shoot, Knuckle and Morel team up on Youpi was obviously the highlight of the episode. They used good applications of their abilities in order to slowly try to dissect the much stronger Youpi. Morel also was able to engage Pouf in their battle. There were some slow moments such as Killua taking out the soldier ants for Ikalgo and Pouf's whole internal strife. While the Ikalgo scenes were unnecessarily slow I liked the way they managed Pouf's dramatic inner monologue. Then, of course, there was the epic moment at the end where Netero manages to glance over in Gon's direction as he's walking out with the King and gets a little smirk on his face as he points back in the room where the came out of to confirm to Gon that his prey was nearby. Then we see Gon almost lose his cool with the rage and bitterness just brimming out of him. That scene was beautifully executed and has me excited for more.
Jan 22, 2014 1:37 PM

Jul 2010
Wow, Pouf is weird. Nuff said about him, haha. His wings are pretty though. :3

Ooh, Gon looks so cool. Can't wait for him and Pitou next episode, hopefully. Will Pitou abandon healing Komugi to fight Gon and Killua? But of course, Gon wouldn't let Komugi die. At least I think so. And anyways, the King would go on a rampage lol.

Overall, this whole arc has been progressing way too slowly for me. I know there's not that much manga material left, and they want to milk the show as much as possible, but I'm starting to hate how every episode accounts for about 2 minutes of this battle. xD It's still amazing, don't get me wrong, but did Killua helping Octopus guy have to take up about half of the episode? It was a scene that actually took less than 5 seconds.
Jan 22, 2014 2:06 PM

Dec 2008
What's up with all the hate for Pouf? He's fucking fabulous.

http://i.imgur.com/K3tLlTL.gif
Jan 22, 2014 2:49 PM

Oct 2011
fishergirl16 said:
Overall, this whole arc has been progressing way too slowly for me. I know there's not that much manga material left, and they want to milk the show as much as possible, but I'm starting to hate how every episode accounts for about 2 minutes of this battle. xD.

Surprisingly enough, they've been doing like 3-4 chapters per episode since the palace invasion started. It may not feel like it, but they are moving quite swiftly through the material at this point.
Jan 22, 2014 2:52 PM

Sep 2009
WTF Pouf D:
Jan 22, 2014 3:59 PM

Jul 2012
I love HXH but that Killua scene was too much, the slow motion and the explanation took like half the episode away. This is my first time experiencing this arc so Im really anxious to see how everything turns out. I wasnt really a fan the Pouf scene either but if thats the way Togashi wrote then its fine.
Jan 22, 2014 4:00 PM

Jan 2012
youpi would be perfect for H
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jan 22, 2014 4:47 PM

Nov 2013
I kind of like Pitou. Too bad Gon is gonna kick its ass! I hope the fight won't be in slow motion. I'm fine with a little build up though.
Jan 22, 2014 4:55 PM

Oct 2013
the last 3 episodes are WAY to slow, seriously the killua scene could have taken 15 sec, but it taken like 5-6 minutes, overall the episode was not bad, but slow motion piss me off a bit....
Jan 22, 2014 5:11 PM

Nov 2013
Not as good as the past two episodes, but it still has it's moments. I felt the Killua moment was too slow than it needed to be, but I could see why they did it so as to fill up time until the ending with Gon.

Although opinion is divided on the Pouf moment, I actually liked it as one of the things Togashi does well when it comes to fights is letting us know what is going through the character's mind and learn more about them and what we learned from Pouf's rant is that although Pouf on first appearance, seemed well composed and calm, but is the most mentally unstable of the Royal Guard who is completely yandere for the King.

Also loved Gon's face when he's about to face Pitou
"Now, let us drink. Let us drink. Drink to the human race. In every age, there will be good humans and bad humans. Human life is too long to devote to reproduction, yet too short to devote to learning, in the helix of time. Perhaps that is why humans succumb to desire and seek release. Despite the fact that life is complete with the sun, the land and poetry." Supreme Leader Diego(Real) (Hunter x Hunter 2011)
Jan 22, 2014 6:17 PM

Feb 2012
Vanser said:

Yeah agree Pouf is awesome! He's my favorite Royal guard and his journey (motivation, drive, and the decision he ended up making) is well written and interesting for me. His camp yet menace presence is just so much fun.
Togashi tend to have a 'cold' nuisance for his characters, so the ever fanatical and melodramatic Pouf is a something different, even from the likes of other theatrical, dramatic characters like Hisoka, Suzuki (from YYH). Not every character needs to be 'cool', 'badass' blah blah. Maybe I just don't like typical grave/serious/badass stuffs (I actually look forward to Pouf more than Netero/King fight actually).
Jan 22, 2014 6:22 PM
Sep 2013
kcaco said:
Vanser said:

Yeah agree Pouf is awesome! He's my favorite Royal guard and his journey (motivation, drive, and the decision he ended up making) is well written and interesting for me. His camp yet menace presence is just so much fun.
Togashi tend to have a 'cold' nuisance for his characters, so the ever fanatical and melodramatic Pouf is a something different, even from the likes of other theatrical, dramatic characters like Hisoka, Suzuki (from YYH). Not every character needs to be 'cool', 'badass' blah blah. Maybe I just don't like typical grave/serious/badass stuffs (I actually look forward to Pouf more than Netero/King fight actually).

Count me in the Pouf train. I was indifferent to him when I was reading the manga but seeing this scene of his animated really won me over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufQYSNaKA_w

Fucking fabulous indeed.
Jan 22, 2014 6:47 PM

Sep 2013
holy shit that gon stare was epic haha *_*

too many slow scenes this ep. didn't mind it with netero but this was ridiculous
they repeated so many scenes with killua running in extra slow motion too ugh

i LOVE this show and i love this arc, but it's dragging on nearly as much as one piece as of late
Jan 22, 2014 7:48 PM

Jan 2009
welp that was slow, how many chapters are animated on this episode? it feels like they dragging this too much
Jan 22, 2014 8:33 PM

Dec 2011
Didn't expect we would get a lot of narration this episode too. Hopefully, they settle down by telling the story through animation instead of full of narration.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 2014 8:36 PM

Jul 2013
Cresherhsm said:
Count me in the Pouf train. I was indifferent to him when I was reading the manga but seeing this scene of his animated really won me over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufQYSNaKA_w

Fucking fabulous indeed.
Seeing the whole thing animated has been making me tolerate the characters in general much more.
Jan 22, 2014 9:52 PM
Sep 2013
^Let him be dude
Jan 22, 2014 10:03 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah, I like Pouf quite a bit too. I think what Togashi has done with him since the King met Komugi has been pretty interesting. Plus, his rants are pretty fun. Though I fear for Komugi's safety if he defeats Morel. i will say, however, that Pitou is my favorite Royal Guard. I am very invested in her fight with Gon.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 22, 2014 10:12 PM

Nov 2013
About Pouf train, he's definitely the smartest guard and his scene saved the episode.
koleareJan 23, 2014 3:10 AM
― Saint Augustine
Jan 22, 2014 10:13 PM
Aug 2012
ugh it feels like im watching a fricken novel. Was this the point in which Togashi started getting sick or something?
Jan 22, 2014 10:16 PM

Nov 2013
Keetriver said:
ugh it feels like im watching a fricken novel. Was this the point in which Togashi started getting sick or something?

Yes. I guess.
― Saint Augustine
Jan 23, 2014 1:55 AM
Sep 2012
Gettin real tired of yer shit Pouf!!! Just caught up with the anime, and I don't know if I should start catching up to the manga or if I should wait till Gon's fight is animated.
follow me on tumblr (i follow back, unless your some bloody yugiohentai blog lol)
http://xoxotaku.tumblr.com

Jan 23, 2014 2:02 AM

May 2013
KitsuneKomugi said:
Not as good as the past two episodes, but it still has it's moments. I felt the Killua moment was too slow than it needed to be, but I could see why they did it so as to fill up time until the ending with Gon.

Although opinion is divided on the Pouf moment, I actually liked it as one of the things Togashi does well when it comes to fights is letting us know what is going through the character's mind and learn more about them and what we learned from Pouf's rant is that although Pouf on first appearance, seemed well composed and calm, but is the most mentally unstable of the Royal Guard who is completely yandere for the King.

Your right, Togashi always showed us the mental state of characters in battle and so far the person that loses their cool gets defeated. Killua vs Rammot is a prime example of that, first Rammot had the upper hand because of Killua's fear and was beating the shit out of him. Ones Killua got rid of the needle Rammot started to shake and got easly killed.

Right now, Pouf is a hot mess and things are not looking good for him.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Jan 23, 2014 2:16 AM
Oct 2011
The Pouf scene did feel a bit too much for me, although still a bit amusing. However what I love about his rants are still his 2 OSTs. I just love these 2 pieces.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBFP8NOx8rY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAxNOyV6db4
Jan 23, 2014 2:28 AM

Jul 2013
tsudecimo said:
On hold you go.
Starting after this episode, tsudecimo will go on hiatus.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bei_ok9IcAAFH0M.jpg

"We hope you understand.!" D:<

---
GalekCJan 23, 2014 3:37 AM
Jan 23, 2014 2:32 AM

May 2013
^^ Lmao

God I feel sorry for the people that were reading the manga at that time.

@ Candor, those 2 ost are perfect for fabulous Pouf ^_^
SaSa-ZoldyckJan 23, 2014 3:01 AM
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Jan 23, 2014 2:50 AM

Oct 2013
Damn.... This means no more fun in every episode discussion :(

*begs on knees*
Please come back! Pleaaaaaaaaase..... Many many pleaaaaaaaaase!!!
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Jan 23, 2014 4:44 AM

Oct 2009
They took the narration opportunity to do more episodes than necessary and cut on animation budget ==> Profit. It s all about $$$.

Also the narrator is pissing me off, if we have to hear someone voice for that long, at least they could have hired a better voice actor (Norio Wakamoto, where are you ? :( ).

I am pretty mad overall, slow pace does not mean it has to be shitty.
Jan 23, 2014 5:46 AM

Nov 2013
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
KitsuneKomugi said:

Your right, Togashi always showed us the mental state of characters in battle and so far the person that loses their cool gets defeated. Killua vs Rammot is a prime example of that, first Rammot had the upper hand because of Killua's fear and was beating the shit out of him. Ones Killua got rid of the needle Rammot started to shake and got easly killed.

Right now, Pouf is a hot mess and things are not looking good for him.

Good point but, Pouf did regain his cool after his speech.
― Saint Augustine
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 100 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ValeBreck - Oct 15, 2013

162 by samagra7 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

933 by LizIsListing »»
Yesterday, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 134 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2014

329 by Ravin-AnimeList »»
Sep 17, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeGundam - Oct 1, 2011

406 by chris1763 »»
Sep 16, 9:52 PM

» Hunter X Hunter is back (Manga)

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Aug 20

24 by NyxVulcan »»
Sep 13, 4:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.