Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 11, 2013 10:15 PM

Jan 2013
Jun 12, 2013 12:59 AM

Apr 2011
2 new Valvrave pilots this episode, Kyuuma and Raizou.
I think the purple Valvrare pilot will be Akira, but I am not sure...
Jun 12, 2013 1:19 AM

Sep 2012
Just want to say, I find myself loving this series more and more. I think the abrupt revelations and abundance of surprises have stabilized and once you get used to the premises there are a lot of things to enjoy, be it the arts, animation, character depiction or disclosure of details. In this episode we get to see some questions answered but we also get new mysteries to ponder (and some questions still unanswered). This all resulted in time well spent for me.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 12, 2013 1:20 AM

Jan 2010
Aversa said:
Scheherazade1007 said:
I guess Shouko will be the last pilot and will get the purple Valvrave. Hopefully when she'll lose her humanity, the MC won't make any bullshit excuse to himself anymore.
Indeed she is the obvious but who knows this anime might trow some surprises .
Tho i have to say that this episode also made it clear who is next to die.

Nah, from what I've heard about the purple Valvrave, I think Akira is more obvious to get it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 2013 1:53 AM

Jul 2008
So far I like the Blue Valvrave the best.
Jun 16, 2013 4:51 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
silver_huskey said:
Kari-chan said:
More yaoi scenes with L-Elf and Haruto again...

I mean two teenage boys in a dorm room, who knows what they got up to behind the scenes

Would that be before or after L-Elf put Haruto to sleep with a well-timed punch to the gut? My guess is he probably left him sleeping on the floor as well.

So to answer your question seriously: Nothing. Absolutely nothing. If you don't count the physical abuse...

Sure, they have an interesting relationship but I'd be hard pressed to even call it a friendship. Much less, a romantic situation.

The utter ludicrousness, that several people actually took me seriously continues to astound me.

But of course, after. L-Elf totally molested Haruto in his sleep, of course.

Jun 20, 2013 9:44 AM

Feb 2010
Winterson said:
If it weren't for Shouko's randomness and her being the #1 girl as well for L Elf being the boss, this must have been dropped already by many. L Elf can't even deny the fact that Shouko is a one of a kind sweet girl--like the Dorssian princess--who is hard to deal with. He's even speechless.

Okay...wait hold up. Shouko's the #1? I'd actually put her last on my list.

She's not just random, she's so naive that it's literally driving me insane. L-Elf, I presume, does see this same naive way of thinking and acting displayed by the Dorssian princess, and if you're trying to hint some kind of a relationship between the two, it's highly unlikely. I don't think that L-Elf admires her either, but rather is speechless because of her unpredictable strange actions. I think their relationship (along with Haruto as well) is strictly displayed so that L-Elf sees her random acts of kindness pointless, irrational, and as a weakness because it make her vulnerable when they have so many people they want to protect. Through Haruto, Shouko, and every student who steps up to fight, he begins to see how every person is fighting to protect someone dear to them...and realizes this for himself as well.

I really do find Shoujo irritating, though. Not sure why. Anyone find it completely hilarious how everyone is basically going to be giving away their "human" identity, while we have L-Elf, completely not human and a god for being able to predict things so accurately lol, standing there. They'll act more human than him even though they're the real monsters! Sorry, just a random observation. >__>
Jun 21, 2013 11:54 AM

Jul 2010
The blue valvrave has a very cool shield. The multi beam cannon isn't too shabby either. The yellow one is all about the close combat, as expected from its pilot 'Thunder'.

The whole hangar and valvraves were especially tailored to the students from the beginning huh?

Jun 30, 2013 8:47 AM

Oct 2009
..So Aina was a Newtype?
Jul 6, 2013 11:36 AM

Sep 2009
All I keep saying in this episode is "Wow!"
Hell yeah!!! L-Elf!!! \m/
Omg~ that scene with Shoko.. they look cute =P
I don't really care about Haruto anymore since I when read some spoiler about the future episode :/

L-Elf... Shoko!!!!!
Aug 10, 2013 7:01 PM

May 2012
These last episodes have been a bit too focused on that side character girl that died, while it isn't bad I do hope after this battle she won't be the main thing anymore. The battle was nice and the development was interesting as well so lets see what's next!
Aug 14, 2013 12:23 AM

May 2013
The new blue valrave is a little OP imo. Impenetrable shield and multi-target beams? Red and green are lagging behind, particularly green, at least red still has that spec.

Wonder who will pilot the purple valrave shown in the ED hmm.
Nov 7, 2013 3:23 AM

Jun 2011
It's funny how quickly they adapt to the Valvraves. Within minutes of "resigning their humanity", they are maneuvering like pros. Must be one hell of a tutorial software installed that makes it possible...oh wait...
Jan 6, 2014 11:40 PM

Mar 2012
Dissent said:
It's funny how quickly they adapt to the Valvraves. Within minutes of "resigning their humanity", they are maneuvering like pros. Must be one hell of a tutorial software installed that makes it possible...oh wait...

^ basically....although it is starting to look up, the show seems to have chosen what it wants to be, only 9 episodes in of a 12 episode season....well, only 3 to go at least...

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jan 19, 2014 5:09 AM

Dec 2012
I wonder if there's any significance to what that commander said or if it was just the subs. Something about "so they reproduced successfully." Maybe there's more to those blood tithes that the valvraves demand than meets the eye. That was cute when Shoko forced L-Elf to try the treat.

I swear though the subs are screwing with me so much, they keep dropping "fuck" everywhere even when it's not used and then the "you're more open than your mother's legs!" killed me. Everything else this episode was pretty standard but I won't complain...or laugh...ok a little...lol.
May 6, 2014 1:30 AM

Feb 2013
So now we know who are the Blue and Yellow Valvrave pilots. The Blue looks a little OP compared to the other ones. A shield that deflect everything and multiple one shot kill lasrers! What other colors are missing? I think there is one more. I think it was purple. Girl with glasses appears again. It hard to feel anything for her we know pretty much nothing about her. This episode was fine.
Jun 10, 2014 6:33 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
The Power Ranger Valvraves
Red: Haruto
Green: Saki
Yellow: Thunder
Blue:Inuzuka

Great action by the Blue/Green Valvraves. The blue one has one sick butterfly shield and the yellow one multiple arms.

Sep 17, 2014 8:28 PM

Jul 2013
the two new valraves have long range attacks! that's awesome! Go Thunder!

that twist in the end though.. Imagine if JIOR wasn't attacked the the module 77 proceeded with their operations.. given enough time they'd be whooping ARUS and Dorssia's asses.
Oct 4, 2014 7:18 AM

Nov 2013
The blue robot was given to a boring character, what a waste. Hopefully the other robots are given to some girls.
Dec 21, 2014 5:37 AM

Aug 2013
Haven't seen Saki with the side effects though...
Does Haruto not have the guts to stick to his own resolve ?
Pissed off for a second and laughing a minute later.
Jan 19, 2015 7:40 PM

Nov 2009
I thought that was one of the best episodes so far, The revelation at the end was predictable though.
Aug 11, 2015 6:35 PM

Jun 2014
1:15. wtf.. he moved the pillow with his hand, but the gun moved on its own...

anyway, a new shield specialty valvrave, and a 10-arm one. I wonder if the last 3 valvraves will have pilots by the end of the season.
Jan 17, 2016 7:38 PM

Jul 2009
Lol, this is funny. First Inuuzuka and Yamada weren't supposed to pilot Valvraves since they're not ready yet, skill wise.

Yet L-elf let them pilot at the end anyways. I was hoping some other character would pilot the new ones, but then again. There's not really a lot of capable people on piloting it. I just hope the final Valvrave is piloted by a girl. Probably Shoko :)
Oct 3, 2016 9:34 PM
Jul 2018
I like the way the show portrays the use of social media. Aina's online memorial with all the netizens viewing it and clicking on 'rest in peace'... you can tell by their comments about her ('she was cute' 'poor thing' etc) that there is no real sense of loss or connection. Yet it's become so entwined with their lives that even Inuzuka can do nothing but click that button.

Overall a predictable episode and getting formulaic. Dorssians attack, Valvraves fend them off. Inuzuka and Thunder become pilots motivated by avenging dead friends. There's even a hallucination of Aina at a crucial moment during Inuzuka's battle. Physics sensei reveals that module 77 was essentially a military experiment for the sake of the Valvraves. Everything is all according to Eru Eru's keikaku.

Also, I still think there's no way Shoko will end up as a VVV pilot. Based on her personality and the role she has so far in the show, she's probably supposed to represent humanity (at least for Haruto). Afterall, it was for her sake that Haruto got in the Valvrave in the first place. I don't think it makes sense for her to lose her humanity at all.
removed-userOct 3, 2016 9:41 PM
Mar 9, 2021 5:27 PM

Feb 2012
2021 rewatch
Fortress_MaximusMar 31, 2021 11:59 AM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

473 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 13, 7:02 AM

» is it good?

me_good - Mar 24, 2016

2 by RudeRedis »»
Jan 20, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

432 by neeJay »»
Mar 17, 2023 7:27 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2013

676 by Catalano »»
Nov 13, 2021 12:09 PM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 16, 2013

270 by Catalano »»
Oct 6, 2021 11:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.