Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Nov 12, 2009 5:17 PM

Sep 2008
Oh god. The awesomeness is starting. I can feel it. lol
Jan 9, 2010 9:49 AM

May 2008
I'm not much of a Nagisa fan but that part at the end was simply beautiful, romantic in a very pure way! Just perfect.

Anyway, I must say I'm suffering from the unsatisfying amount of Kotomi and Kyou screentime. Come on, 2 or 3 lines per episode simply aren't enough! I wonder if they'll even appear from now on :?
Jan 15, 2010 4:12 PM

Jan 2010
sad episode indeed -_-

i swear...Nagisa's exactly my type of girl :p,the only thing i don't like about her is her physical illness :(
it's like i just want to go inside the anime and give her a big hug lol

although i know how clannad will end(main thing) because of stupid youtube spoilers,it's so well made that you just...don't care:)
clannad4everJan 15, 2010 4:15 PM
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jan 28, 2010 2:53 PM

Mar 2009
I actually had to stop watching near the end for a while because I was crying too hard.
Feb 6, 2010 6:42 PM
Jul 2009
Kotomi is leaving!? Nooooo! :(

It'll be kinda sad without high school life anymore. Everyone will move on with their lives, and won't be able to get together like before. Oh well, I guess everyone will be happy in their own way. :|
Apr 11, 2010 3:44 PM

Mar 2010
Sad episode for me.
I didn't like how Nagisa is repeating her senior year with Tomoya moving on. Really got me all teary.
It also seems everyone is leaving. Kotomi, Kyou, Tomoyo, etc. :|
I can only predict a sad ending to this anime seeing how Nagisa is 'sick'.
Apr 14, 2010 12:49 PM

Jan 2010
this is such a sad episode...i can't belive i almost cried :'(...it's one of the saddest in both seasons i think,along with ep9,14(Clannad) and 4,6,8 and a few more from the future(AS)

Nagisa is feeling sick,Tomoya is suffering and it sucks you can't do anything but watch ;(

Everyone is such a good friend,the birthday scene was great...

the next episode will be awesome :D,ep 10 of the AS is one of my 5 favorites,maybe even in top 3 :-)

99999/5 ;)
Clannad's starting to become more and more clannad :-)
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
May 31, 2010 1:00 PM

Oct 2009
So far my fave from Clannad AS. I remebered my last days at school, made me feel nostalgic and a bit sad.
Jul 20, 2010 8:41 PM

Mar 2009
Good ep.
Jul 30, 2010 8:04 PM

Feb 2010
FANTASTIC episode. So fantastic and beautiful!!

BOTAN DOLLL!
Aug 8, 2010 10:57 PM
Feb 2008
Seems like a fitting end to the series. Kinda curious what the remaining episodes will be about.

That shit with the girl and junkbot is getting annoying though. What the fuck is the point of it?
Sep 5, 2010 7:39 PM

Feb 2010
Soo touching ^^
Sep 11, 2010 7:21 AM

Aug 2010
I've run out of tissues
Sep 19, 2010 6:09 PM

Jun 2009
Love this ep!! My fav so far!
Hey Tomoya I want a Dango too!
I can't stop crying! Tomoya is so sweet. Aww but Nagisa have to do that year again! No!
I love the final scene! I love clannad =)
Puhi is so cute!
Oct 9, 2010 10:44 PM

Feb 2010
never knew warm piano arrangement is played twice
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 4, 2011 9:49 AM

May 2010
Great ep.

The ending was overflowing with indescribable happiness. :)

It felt like the ending. LOL. I wonder what the next eps are all about.
Feb 17, 2011 1:07 PM

Dec 2008
OMG!! Okazaki and Nagisa just pull at my heart strings!!
Feb 23, 2011 2:01 PM
Nov 2010
Why was he crying? he can always visit her, just because he can't go to school doesn't mean he can't see her again.

I just love the logic of this series lol
Apr 19, 2011 4:11 PM

Feb 2009
The drama is starting to kick in pretty heavily... and I'm afraid of what might happen...

Anyway, great episode... never has a romance anime been as good as this one before.
Apr 21, 2011 3:17 AM

Sep 2008
Fuck yeah, it's Koumura and his suitable dub voice.
What a bro.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2011 3:58 PM

Nov 2009
ANOTHER YEAR?! that really sucks 4 Nagisa! she should just have 2 repeat 1 semester... well at least she didn't die... and its a good thing she'll have friends next year! its cute they finally held hands... and OMG her party was AWESOME! that dango was so cute ^^ and Sunohara was so funny! i can't believe he's gonna be a model XD you know Nagisa seemed okay 2 go 2 skool... oh well if she felt that sick then i guess she was... but i wouldn't want a piece of her b-day cake after her blowing on it... hehe anyway it was a GREAT episode! Congratulations on graduating everyone!
May 30, 2011 2:20 PM

Mar 2011
Awww....Sunohara got his job application rejected!

Wow, that last half of their academic year went by fast! And now they've graduated, what will Okazaki do? He doesnt seem like he'll find it easy getting a job. Hmmm...

The fun school days are over, now the daunting unendingness of adult life begins!
Jun 5, 2011 1:36 AM
Jul 2010
It's surely not my first time crying while watching anime (more than half of which was with Clannad) but I've never cried this much. I was literaly bawling for the entire second half of the episode. It was beautifully sad... I don't think I'll be able to handle the rest of the series if I'm like this with episode 9. But I absolutely loved it.

Sent with Mal Updater
Dec 2, 2011 12:15 PM

Apr 2009
Clannad has to be the most touching anime series EVER. First the ending of Fuko's arc, then the Drama Club's performance, Misae's cat's backstory, and now this... I can't hold my tears anymore, my roommate's gonna think some weird things of me at this rate...

Both seasons of Clannad together are certainly going to be one of my favorite series. It's just too good ;)
Dec 2, 2011 2:06 PM

Sep 2011
Small advice: Better continue when your roommate is out :-)...
Dec 18, 2011 7:41 AM

Nov 2008
Sunohara was still at "and a toilet seat cover." Lol. He's becoming one of my fav characters.

The story is finally getting on track. Sigh, i really pity Nagisa :( having to repeat her final year for 2 years. sucks
Jan 12, 2012 3:27 AM

Nov 2011
The ending was a perfect contrast to school episode 23. Nagisa has grown so much.
Jan 30, 2012 8:10 PM

May 2011
Man... this series really is as good as people say it is. I really feel for Nagisa/Tomoya. I'm kind of scared to continue, I don't know if I can take it.

Screw it, I'm watching the next ep.
Apr 23, 2012 6:22 PM

Oct 2009
Really she's repeating another year??!! Poor Nagisa!!
That was a cute present, Dango!!
El Psy Congroo

まだまだだね!!!
May 4, 2012 2:44 AM
Dec 2011
I know I'm about 4 years late on this one but this episode really got to me. After the first 8 were so not bad but way to time consuming since i wanted to know what happens next for those two. I'm actually at episode 14 know i just can't stop it just keeps getting better and better. My current top five now start with onegai teacher and now Clanned then spiteful , kiss nagazaki haruka and finally toradora. I cant believe it took me this long to watch it
May 11, 2012 7:33 PM

Jun 2010
Tomoya only ever seemed bitter and unhappy in the first episode of the first series so I don't buy his tears in the finale scene. Moreover Nagisa has spent the vast majority of her screentime standing around doing nothing so this idea, so important to the romance that the series is trying to work. that she's had a dramatic effect on Tomoya's life is hard to swallow.
Jun 2, 2012 6:54 AM

Sep 2011
Just A Question, What Is The Name Of The OST Played When After Tomoya And Sunohara Was Talking To Koumura. (That Is Played By A Piano)

Jul 28, 2012 3:52 PM

Jan 2010
Oh no, her sickness returns!
No more high school. Real life starts now.
Aug 4, 2012 7:31 AM

May 2012
I think this episode was supposed to make me cry.
It didn't, but I think it was supposed to.
Aug 4, 2012 7:51 AM
Dec 2007
PleinairUsagiDrp said:
Just A Question, What Is The Name Of The OST Played When After Tomoya And Sunohara Was Talking To Koumura. (That Is Played By A Piano)
I think it's called "Nagisa - (Warm Piano Version)". It's basically a piano theme for Nagisa and if I remember correctly he basically is just remembering all his moments with Nagisa at school so yeah, I'd say that was the one they'd play. It was probably changed around a little for the anime to make it fit the scenes.

Here's a video:

Aug 4, 2012 12:56 PM

Feb 2011
This one almost made me shad some tears :( I love Clannad , so beautiful and unique .

Aug 5, 2012 1:44 PM

Jan 2012
Fronzel said:
Tomoya only ever seemed bitter and unhappy in the first episode of the first series so I don't buy his tears in the finale scene. Moreover Nagisa has spent the vast majority of her screentime standing around doing nothing so this idea, so important to the romance that the series is trying to work. that she's had a dramatic effect on Tomoya's life is hard to swallow.

My sentiments exactly. I'm glad that the series finally started to deal with the (seemingly) true story arc, but both the first series and AS haven't done a good job explaining the progression of Tomoya's affection towards Nagisa, partially because Nagisa barely has any personality to begin with, and certainly not enough to make Tomoya gush over her. I do got the impression that she is an outcast in her own class and that's what makes Tomoya interested in her (since he himself is an outcast, after all), but Kotomi was an outcast too, not to mention he knew Kotomi well enough in the past to make their relationship a little more justified. Same case goes to Ryou in a sense that she and Nagisa has basically the same personality, with the only difference being the screen time they got to express their blandness. The series doesn't managed to seperate the personality of the possible love interests enough to make Tomoya's decision justified enough for this amount of drama, and that is what brings down the episode in the end.
Aug 5, 2012 6:09 PM
Dec 2007
Dodgers20 said:
Fronzel said:

My sentiments exactly. I'm glad that the series finally started to deal with the (seemingly) true story arc, but both the first series and AS haven't done a good job explaining the progression of Tomoya's affection towards Nagisa, partially because Nagisa barely has any personality to begin with, and certainly not enough to make Tomoya gush over her. I do got the impression that she is an outcast in her own class and that's what makes Tomoya interested in her (since he himself is an outcast, after all), but Kotomi was an outcast too, not to mention he knew Kotomi well enough in the past to make their relationship a little more justified. Same case goes to Ryou in a sense that she and Nagisa has basically the same personality, with the only difference being the screen time they got to express their blandness. The series doesn't managed to seperate the personality of the possible love interests enough to make Tomoya's decision justified enough for this amount of drama, and that is what brings down the episode in the end.
The main issue here is that the anime mixed a lot of routes (or their elements at least). In the pure "true arc" which After Story follows Tomoya falls head over heels for Nagisa and Nagisa does a lot to comfort Tomoya. Since the arc goes forward with no interruptions like in the anime the relationship is smooth and consistent and you're not bogged by questions like "this girl or this other girl would have taken his attention" because they aren't even involved in his life. They're just friends, but in After Story the only one who he ever confided in this much was Nagisa.

Oct 5, 2012 5:16 PM

Mar 2012
Seems like the filler has ended (not that it was not good) and the real thing is starting!
Dec 11, 2012 5:54 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
5/5
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 2, 2013 8:27 AM

Sep 2011
what an amazing ep. that can be the final ep. for the season :P
Jan 6, 2013 10:23 AM

Oct 2012
A heart-breaking goodbye from school life :(
-------Only God will judge me --------

iSignature
Jan 16, 2013 2:06 PM

Jul 2012
Awesome episode.
Feb 23, 2013 3:37 PM

Jan 2012
Nagisa's health seems to be going downhill.

Mar 18, 2013 8:18 PM

Jan 2013
Definitely a tear-jearker. I almost cried when Nagisa was waiting for Tomoya after his graduation. It was so sweet that she wanted to see him in his uniform and walk together holding hands. I guess it's the simplicity of these things that I love most.

I'm so excited to see where this story goes. I mean there's still half the season and Tomoya has already graduated. I think I'm gonna play the VN after I'm done with the show.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Apr 23, 2013 2:30 AM
Jul 2018
Ah, so now the REAL After Story begins. The first 8 episodes were really good, each with a unique and interest story. But now I guess it there will be a lot more focused on Tomoya and Nagisa, which I really can't wait for. And seeing how they connect with that other world. Only 15 episodes left for everything to be resolved. I really can't wait to keep watching!
Apr 24, 2013 10:12 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I'm currently re-watching Clannad AS and honestly this episode was very sad. I can relate to Tomoya because I hated high school at first but once I met my true best friends during senior year I began to feel happy, but also sad because I would not see my friends often.I know the pain he is going through because I do have experienced the same problem Okazaki had. As for who Tomoya should have dated I wold go with Kotomi. Not being biased but I feel that she deserved a chance. I mean she didn't get any intimate relationship with Tomoya to begin with since they were only close friends. Tomoya knows Kotomi very well so their relationship can be justified however chemistry could be an issue since Kotomi isn't much of a talker.

Jun 8, 2013 11:20 PM

Mar 2013
Seeing Tomoya cry felt a little bit weird...
Jun 13, 2013 2:15 AM

Dec 2012
Whoa... so theyre not going to wear school uniforms all the time anymore? Finally, a school anime that learns to grow up!
Jul 26, 2013 4:28 AM
Jun 2013
Now this is a sad ep. Probably the saddest yet. The reason being is how Nagisa was sick over that long period of time and how Okazaki was willing to repeat highschool even though he hates it; this shows the level that their relationship is at. The part where Tomoya cried was the part where my chest felt heavy which haven't felt since Fuko and Nagisa Arc in season 1; However, i was NOwhere near tears (Bad ass). Well done Clanned, you just scored an 8.3/10.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1171 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 8:57 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Jello - Mar 8, 2009

285 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KY791 - Mar 11, 2009

135 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

quentinlau - Feb 19, 2009

177 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 12, 2009

728 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 6:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.