Forum Settings
Forums

has the majority of people (here) seen the big 3 ?

New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 18, 7:52 PM
cinnamon girl ♡

Apr 2021
Ten said:
Battle shounen also became the least interesting category for me over the years, so not planning on watching any in the future either.

given you're a veteran here i think we all become like that, i mean - getting bored of battle shounen genre in particular. it's adrenaline rush in newbie period but when you've consumed more than 300+series of diverse genre, we all become more picky and particular for the good.

it's a cruel world out there
Apr 18, 7:57 PM
cinnamon girl ♡

Apr 2021
traed said:
Why would the majority watch such long shows? Only people that really have either are really into that genre or just were watching from the beginning as it was airing

i dont know, because i see almost every one talk about them on every social media platform, its like - everyone is always asked to watched them for the "best" anime experience !! but i am aware of the common public to be very action and shounen minded so i just wondered if people in MAL are the common public or people who are more in the anime experience.

it's a cruel world out there
Apr 18, 8:26 PM
Oct 2019
Reply to ame
Ten said:
Battle shounen also became the least interesting category for me over the years, so not planning on watching any in the future either.

given you're a veteran here i think we all become like that, i mean - getting bored of battle shounen genre in particular. it's adrenaline rush in newbie period but when you've consumed more than 300+series of diverse genre, we all become more picky and particular for the good.
@ame I say it depends as a veteran myself (12 years in the medium) it's how you decide to approach them me I want to see them because I read them and the fights are worth watching (especially Naruto and bleach) and I am not the kind to do things half baked though that said I am no pressure to binge them just for the sake of the fights. Also I may have more time that others now that I don't work 7/7 like I use to so it might be a factor as to why I am interested in them as 2 years ago I would have said not interested.
Apr 18, 8:28 PM

Jul 2011
One Piece and Naruto yes, Bleach no.

I tried watching Bleach when it first came out dubbed but dropped it after the first episode.

This was back in the 2000s but I plan to watch it - for now I'm focusing on catching up to other anime.
Apr 18, 8:36 PM

Mar 2021
Well, I watched all three of them as soon as I got into anime.

All three of them were amines I watched pretty early on.
Apr 18, 10:10 PM

Oct 2016
As a teenager, I watched Naruto until a bit into Shippuden. I was actually both watching the anime and reading the manga at the time, while the manga was still publishing. Eventually, I decided that one of them was enough, and dropped the anime. I ended up following the manga until its final chapter, and also read Gaiden.

One Piece - Anime? No. I'm at chapter 40 of the manga, and I've put the manga on-hold indefinitely. I decided not to keep reading it until the manga has ended, which is apparently never gonna happen.

Bleach - Manga only, just like One Piece. Currently on chapter 214. I'll finish it eventually, but it's low priority for me. There are a lot of other manga and light novels I want to read first. Especially because I know I'll be dissatisfied with the ending. But, again, I'll get back to Bleach later.
Apr 18, 10:14 PM

Nov 2013
Reply to Otakupervert890
@ame I say it depends as a veteran myself (12 years in the medium) it's how you decide to approach them me I want to see them because I read them and the fights are worth watching (especially Naruto and bleach) and I am not the kind to do things half baked though that said I am no pressure to binge them just for the sake of the fights. Also I may have more time that others now that I don't work 7/7 like I use to so it might be a factor as to why I am interested in them as 2 years ago I would have said not interested.
@Otakupervert890 I hope I qualify as a veteran of anime, but if battle shounen has taught me anything there's always someone stronger out there, just waiting to Shunkan Ido behind you.

I still watch battle shounen. Frankly, I'm sad we haven't seen another gifted mangaka rise up to fill the void left by these series.

I can appreciate the feeling newer fans might have of intimidation when faced with 1000+ episodes. But their length lets them tell narratives on a grand scale with the time to world build not granted to mangaka in most other genres.
Apr 18, 10:19 PM

Apr 2021
I don’t care about length, I just don’t like mainstream stuff. Plus, now that I’m older I’m not a huge fan of shonen anymore. So I don’t think I could even get into it even if I tried.
Apr 19, 2:29 AM

Oct 2022
I watched most of Naruto and Shippuden, although I did skip most of the filler, it would be torture to watch all of that. Haven't seen Bleach or One Piece except for the first seven episodes of OP. I would like to get into Bleach one day but that will probably never happen.
When a pancake lover does something: "Outrageous vicious crime"

When a waffle lover does something: "That means it is not illegal"

Quotes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld_HIM667Do&t=2822s
Apr 19, 5:05 AM

Jul 2013
Surprisingly I haven't seen any of 'the big three' anime. I just couldn't get myself to start them since I'm not hooked by the story premise and I must admit that the amount of filler puts me off. I did at one point almost start Naruto but ended up watching other anime instead. Those are the kind of anime I would leave when I don't have anything to watch, which rarely happens btw
Apr 19, 5:59 AM
Feb 2024
I haven't watched One Piece because I saw some of the live action, and while I somewhat liked it, I hate when an author makes their criminal protagonists not actually do anything criminal. If I'm watching something with pirate protagonists, I want them to commit piracy and not be good people. I haven't watched Naruto and Bleach because neither interest me. Also I'm not super into watching the entirety of a long running series since I don't have the best attention span.
Apr 19, 6:50 AM
Oct 2019
Reply to TheDarkLordOtaku
@Otakupervert890 I hope I qualify as a veteran of anime, but if battle shounen has taught me anything there's always someone stronger out there, just waiting to Shunkan Ido behind you.

I still watch battle shounen. Frankly, I'm sad we haven't seen another gifted mangaka rise up to fill the void left by these series.

I can appreciate the feeling newer fans might have of intimidation when faced with 1000+ episodes. But their length lets them tell narratives on a grand scale with the time to world build not granted to mangaka in most other genres.
@TheDarkLordOtaku from my own perspective the paradigm shifted when Boku no hero academia and shingeki no Kyojin proved to be successful in season format. Aside few exceptions like one piece, detective Conan and Sazae-san very few long running shows still air and even with Hajime no ippo having 1400 chapters from George Morikawa once the two first end I personally don't think something will replace it. Precure go a 49-52 episode each year but with different cast each time like tokutatsu I think it's the format that long series will take for at least the time of that paradigm.
Apr 19, 7:36 AM
Jan 2024
well lets see , i have watched a HOLE LOT OF ANIME but i do not have them in M.A.L but i have not any of the big three other then Naruto in fact i my live for Naruto is so high that i have consumes more fanfic of Naruto then anime at this point i know i must sound like a degenerate but trust me of you search among the tress for long engulf you will find some gold like god them i like some of the fan fic beater then the anime like some of the writers are gods men .......... what was the point again
Apr 19, 8:28 PM

Dec 2021
Bleach is on the to do list, at around ep 220 on One Piece, and no plans to watch Naruto anytime soon.
Apr 20, 2:25 PM

Nov 2017
I watched one piece and bleach. Cant bother to watch long series anymore. I am passing naruto.
Apr 27, 6:34 AM

Nov 2019
has the majority of people (here) seen the big 3 ?

Yes and all of them are trash, smile
I am a COMPLETIONIST. Aiming to finish AS MANY ANIME as possible before DEATH, Despite them being SATISFACTORY or if they are BORING.

I WATCH THE LOWEST SCORED/RATED/RANKED ANIMES ON MAL (OR you can CALL THEM The WORST animes in the WORLD - No Joke Like Seriously)

No anime has actually satisfied my anime taste, That I can call a MasterPiece (10/10), still searching... hopefully one day I will find that show and obsess over it till I die.
RULE NO.4 I MUST WATCH ALL CONTENT FOR THE SERIES I HAVE FINISHED, NOW THIS ONE IS QUITE EXHILARATING.
Apr 28, 4:54 PM

Aug 2022
ame said:
if no - why haven't you watched it ?

None of the big three are my cup of tea. Also, it doesn't help that they have a large number of episodes.
Apr 28, 5:12 PM

Jul 2012
One Piece - I watched a little bit but stopped because 1000+ is just way too much of one show for me.

Bleach - I was doing good and liked it but the Bount Arc was too bummish and put me off so I stopped.

Naruto I haven't seen because It didn't interest me.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.

Apr 28, 5:16 PM

Apr 2019
I watched all of Naruto and Bleach. I have a problem with One piece. For now, I stopped at about episode 100. If I had to rate it, Naruto definitely wins (most nice and good characters, great music), then Bleach and then One Piece.

Why was I watching? It's a childhood anime. When I started my adventures with anime, it was one of the first series, including Dragon Ball and Sailor Moon.

Apr 28, 5:25 PM

Jul 2021
- Watched like 3 episodes of Naruto. Wasn't really my thing.
- Watched about half of Bleach before dropping it because I got kinda bored.
- Reading and enjoying One Piece right now. Currently just started Sky Island.
Apr 28, 5:26 PM

Dec 2021
I said it prior in the "What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good?" thread, but One Piece is the only one of these I've watched, and even then, it's something I'm not finding the interest to watch more often than "One episode whenever I feel like it". Being only 70~ episodes in a 1000+ episode series that isn't doing much for me makes watching it at any reasonable pace difficult.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Apr 28, 6:53 PM

Dec 2012
Bleach, yes. Naruto, Yes, though I didn't bother with Boruto. One Piece, I didn't like and dropped.
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Apr 28, 7:10 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to epidemia78
Nah. Because battle shounen is terrible and seems like a genre catered towards the mentally deficient.
@epidemia78

Jeez man what a close-minded way of interpreting art 😭😭

To answer I’ve seen OP and Naruto and I like both of them, especially one piece because it centers around freedom and revolting against the world government. I tried Bleach but I considered watching it really late, it kind of paled in comparison to everything else I’ve seen and I wasn’t prepared to make the commitment of actually watching the whole thing. I think I would’ve enjoyed it tho if I kept watching it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 7:19 PM
Sep 2015
Naruto - never watched, currently zero intention of ever watching or reading Naruto.

One Piece - I watched a bit of the 4Kids dub of One Piece as a kid long before I actually became an anime watcher, I don't really think that counts. I fully intend to eventually read the manga but no idea when I actually will. I doubt I'll ever watch the anime from Toei, maybe I would consider checking out Wit Studio's version after the manga, but who knows.

Bleach - never watched, I might be willing to check out the manga, but it is an extremely low priority. When it comes to the anime, I'd probably only watch the newer TYBW seasons, but not the original series.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» why the double standard?

Cielord - 41 minutes ago

5 by Ratris_Decision »»
5 minutes ago

» Hottest Adult Characters in anime?

RedTea33 - May 27

29 by pludel2 »»
9 minutes ago

» What are the most iconic anime scenes

Gashadokur0 - Yesterday

9 by ToG25thBaam »»
13 minutes ago

» What do you think about fetishes in anime?

Anjuro - 5 hours ago

30 by Anjuro »»
14 minutes ago

» Anime facts you didn't know before

LenRea - May 24

29 by Swyzen »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.