Jun 2021
Min-Max length: 12-24
Dislikes: mecha
Any sub/stream restrictions?: no
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): no
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 70
Does your list include everything you've seen?: yes
Link to anime list: https//myanimelist.net/
Choose one—Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge) or Elf Gift (get gift only, no badge): get gift , no badge
Dec 3, 2021 9:43 AM

Aug 2007
If you are still in need of anime elf's I can help! Cloudtheclow#3903
Dec 3, 2021 10:02 AM

May 2021
Is it possible for me to be an elf for manga only? My anime knowledge isn't that good, in contrast to manga (decent amount of good stuff read). I'll leave my discord tag here Dave966#4366 just in case.

Pls don't write animeS or mangaS >.< // + <50 man(g/hw/hu)a not in MAL. // Join my >manga club< here!

Dec 3, 2021 10:35 AM
Manga Moderator
🖤🖤🖤

Sep 2012
@Venom946
This is just the announcement thread. In order to join the event please copy your post text and paste it here!

thanks to my lovely Secret Elf Santa
for the forum set~
(*’∀’人)♥
Dec 3, 2021 10:51 AM
Feb 2018
Where i have to post my list to participate? here? or where? Help :(
Dec 3, 2021 11:03 AM

May 2009
Mrnwg96bk said:
Where i have to post my list to participate? here? or where? Help :(

You already signed-up for Anime Recommendations in the right thread (here) so you're all good now. Sorry if I didn't notice it when I tagged you here before, I just saw your post in this thread.
Dec 3, 2021 1:21 PM
Nov 2021
Merry Merry Christmas!! boys and girls
Dec 3, 2021 1:38 PM

May 2018
Waiting for the confirmation link to come!
Dec 3, 2021 1:45 PM

May 2021
Kineta said:
Confirmation Deadline
Tuesday, Dec 7, 23:59 PST

You must confirm your participation before this date or you will be removed from the event.
A PM with a confirmation link will be sent to you on ~Dec 3.

Hello, conformation link coming today?
What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
Dec 3, 2021 2:04 PM

May 2009
DigiCat said:
Kineta said:
Confirmation Deadline
Tuesday, Dec 7, 23:59 PST

You must confirm your participation before this date or you will be removed from the event.
A PM with a confirmation link will be sent to you on ~Dec 3.

If you haven't received it yet, you should get it pretty soon. It will be announced in the thread when all the messages have been sent.
Dec 3, 2021 2:05 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
RaviDavi said:
I'll leave my discord tag here Dave966#4366 just in case.
Are you in the server? I can't find you.
Dec 3, 2021 2:14 PM

May 2021
DeadlyRaven said:
DigiCat said:

If you haven't received it yet, you should get it pretty soon. It will be announced in the thread when all the messages have been sent.

Just recieved the link, thanks :3
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
Dec 3, 2021 3:31 PM

Dec 2020
If I sign up for two events and one of them is an elf gift, do I have to fill the form twice?
Dec 3, 2021 3:43 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
meguroo said:
If I sign up for two events and one of them is an elf gift, do I have to fill the form twice?
Nope. Treat the form as if it's only for the Gift Exchange. We haven't sent out Elf Gift PMs yet~
Dec 3, 2021 5:58 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Kineta said:
Nope. Treat the form as if it's only for the Gift Exchange. We haven't sent out Elf Gift PMs yet~

Oops I filled it in for both but made a mention at the end that I chose different options for both. Is that OK or do I have to fill out again?
Dec 3, 2021 6:16 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Ranacchi said:
Oops I filled it in for both but made a mention at the end that I chose different options for both. Is that OK or do I have to fill out again?
You're fine, Santa will figure it out ;)
Dec 4, 2021 4:53 AM

May 2021
Kineta said:
RaviDavi said:
I'll leave my discord tag here Dave966#4366 just in case.
Are you in the server? I can't find you.

I wasn't in the server yet but now I think I am.

Pls don't write animeS or mangaS >.< // + <50 man(g/hw/hu)a not in MAL. // Join my >manga club< here!

Dec 4, 2021 5:06 AM

Nov 2017
It asks
"If you are participating in Anime or Manga Editions, are your lists set to public?"
I answered with yes, because it's required to answer and my lists are public, even though I'm only participating in the Image Edition.
By answering yes, they won't confuse it with me participating in the anime/manga editions I hope..?

plz @ me
Dec 4, 2021 5:31 AM

May 2009
024 said:
It asks
"If you are participating in Anime or Manga Editions, are your lists set to public?"
I answered with yes, because it's required to answer and my lists are public, even though I'm only participating in the Image Edition.
By answering yes, they won't confuse it with me participating in the anime/manga editions I hope..?

Nah, that's what you're supposed to pick, you don't have to worry about it. :)

It's just a double (or triple) check up for the elves. As long as you picked the right event/s in "Which event(s) did you sign-up for?", everything is fine.
Dec 4, 2021 1:22 PM
Sep 2020
dl_ats_963 said:
DeadlyRaven said:
🎄 The time has come!!! 🎄

Scene of which anime..?

yaaaay
Dec 4, 2021 2:20 PM

May 2018
I submitted the confirmation link yehey!
Dec 4, 2021 2:24 PM

May 2018
The Discord server though...

Dec 4, 2021 3:07 PM

May 2009
@red1130 It looks like it might be an issue with the bot. You'll have send a direct message to Modmail (Modmail#3213) on discord. You should see it on the side near the top. A discord moderator should be able to help you after you send it a DM.
Dec 5, 2021 8:33 AM
Jan 2020
First time here :)
Dec 5, 2021 6:01 PM
Jul 2021
Ho ho ho Xmas are here!!
Dec 6, 2021 12:54 AM

Dec 2021
I know that I'm late, but is there any way I could have an extension to sign up for the Manga Secret Santa 2021? I am new to MyAnimeList and would like to join the Secret Santa event. I'm willing to apply to be an elf if you still need people!
Anyway, thanks!
Dec 6, 2021 1:55 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
@cellardoorcs I see your sign-up post for the Anime Recommendation event, but we don't have a post for you in the Manga event. I can still squeeze that in for you if you PM it to me: however, it's on the condition that you try to add everything you've watched/read to your list in the next ~48 hours. We won't be able to match you if your lists are empty. I'd recommend using the Quick Add page since you just created your account: https://myanimelist.net/addtolist.php

Also, welcome to MAL :D
KinetaDec 6, 2021 2:13 AM
Dec 6, 2021 2:19 AM

Dec 2021
I can't pm you because this is an account that has not been opened more than 3 days. I would still like to do it but I'm new to anime. I haven't read much manga. I'm interested in it though.
Dec 6, 2021 3:48 AM

Sep 2016
If help is still needed i can help (joined the discord as well)
Dec 6, 2021 5:43 AM
Jun 2013
Do both the anime and manga lists need to be public even if you are only participating in one event? I only joined the anime secret santa and at this time only my anime list is public. Of course it's no problem to set my manga list to public for the challenge, but I figured I should ask if I have to seeing as it isn't something my Santa will necessarily need (it is missing a fair amount of titles and the ratings are all over the place, which is why I keep it private).

If I don't need to, should I still click in "Yes, they are!" on the form? Should I specify in the "Anything else you need to tell us?" field that only the list for the event I'm participating in is public?

Sorry if this is a stupid question or it has already been answered!
Dec 6, 2021 2:37 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
cellardoorcs said:
I can't pm you because this is an account that has not been opened more than 3 days. I would still like to do it but I'm new to anime. I haven't read much manga. I'm interested in it though.
I understand. Please paste it here then and I'll copy it over. We won't be able to put you in the gift exchange, only to receive elf gifts, if your lists are empty though. So please try to add anything you've watched to your list, even if you're new :) Otherwise our workshop will package up something nice for you~

Isalekke said:
Do both the anime and manga lists need to be public even if you are only participating in one event? I only joined the anime secret santa and at this time only my anime list is public.
If you don't mind that there is a chance you get recommended an anime for a manga you've read, then you only need your anime list public and can say "Yes, they are!" on the form. Not a stupid question, don't worry. We only need both lists if there you don't want to watch something you've read, or read something you've watched.
Dec 6, 2021 4:24 PM
Jun 2013
Kineta said:
If you don't mind that there is a chance you get recommended an anime for a manga you've read, then you only need your anime list public and can say "Yes, they are!" on the form. Not a stupid question, don't worry. We only need both lists if there you don't want to watch something you've read, or read something you've watched.

Thank you! I've sent in the form now. I think it is filled in correctly, but I'm not certain. There isn't any way for me to check the form afterwards, is there?
Dec 7, 2021 12:56 AM
Nov 2020
Damn it. Im two days late
Dec 7, 2021 1:19 PM

May 2021
Sent in the form as soon as i received it, can't wait to start 🤩🎄
Dec 7, 2021 3:42 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Isalekke said:
There isn't any way for me to check the form afterwards, is there?
There isn't, but you're fine~ Just sit back and wait for your recipient now.
Dec 8, 2021 1:34 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Someone has confirmed twice under the username "Honoikazuchi", but this account has not been online since 2019. We don't know who you are! Please contact us!!
Dec 8, 2021 7:36 AM

Oct 2014
I just sent in the confirmation forms. I hope I'm not too late!! 😬
Dec 8, 2021 9:52 AM

Nov 2020
hmmm... the time when Secret Santas will be preparing their gits is coming so soon... so I have a question... can Santas use BBcodes in their presents? Would they be visible to the recipients?
Dec 8, 2021 10:44 AM
Jun 2021
Hello,

Is 11th of December the date for submitting our recommendation? I have been really anxious that I might miss the deadline.
Dec 8, 2021 11:19 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Dracarys_1995 said:
I hope I'm not too late!! 😬
Girigiri safe!

tynqa said:
can Santas use BBcodes in their presents? Would they be visible to the recipients?
Yep!

Oliver2085 said:
Is 11th of December the date for submitting our recommendation? I have been really anxious that I might miss the deadline.
Dec 19 is gift deadline. The Dec 11 deadline is for Santa's elves who are busy busy busy matching right now. Please note this is an approximate date and we might take a day or two longer due to a high volume of sign-ups!
Dec 8, 2021 1:07 PM

Sep 2017
First time doing this event stuff, I'm actually quite curious how this will turn out ;p

Good luck lil elves !

Dec 9, 2021 1:56 PM
Jun 2013
Kineta said:
There isn't, but you're fine~ Just sit back and wait for your recipient now.

Cheers, cheers~
Dec 11, 2021 5:48 AM

Dec 2021
[quote=Kineta message=65123985]
cellardoorcs said:
I understand. Please paste it here then and I'll copy it over. We won't be able to put you in the gift exchange, only to receive elf gifts, if your lists are empty though. So please try to add anything you've watched to your list, even if you're new :) Otherwise our workshop will package up something nice for you~

I simply haven't read enough manga or watched enough anime.

I'm sorry.

-Christa
Dec 11, 2021 11:23 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Dec 11 is here and the "-ish" attached to Dec 11 will now come into effect.
Our workshop is doing its best to ensure everyone gets a Santa with something interesting to recommend that fits your requested Likes/Dislikes. So it is likely we will go over time. Please be patient and we'll keep you updated with our progress!
Dec 11, 2021 1:25 PM

May 2021
Kineta said:
Our workshop is doing its best to ensure everyone gets a Santa with something interesting to recommend that fits your requested Likes/Dislikes. So it is likely we will go over time. Please be patient and we'll keep you updated with our progress!

🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩 Can't wait to start 🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

Do we receive names thru PM?
Dec 11, 2021 2:22 PM

May 2009
DigiCat said:
Kineta said:

Yep, the same elf who sent you your confirmation PM will send you your recipient's name. If you signed up for more than one event, you'll have different elves sending you each of the names.
Dec 11, 2021 2:40 PM

May 2021
DeadlyRaven said:
DigiCat said:

Yep, the same elf who sent you your confirmation PM will send you your recipient's name. If you signed up for more than one event, you'll have different elves sending you each of the names.

Oh, i received 2 conformation links, but was told it was enough to send just one, did i do that right?
Dec 11, 2021 2:44 PM
Dec 2017
Alright, i've sent my confirmation a while ago so when do i get my secret santa yet?

@DeadlyRaven alrighthy then thanx Raven Sama!! ^^
Disapeared_GhostDec 11, 2021 3:00 PM

Dec 11, 2021 2:59 PM

May 2009
@DigiCat Yep!

@Crow_Black Should be soon-ish! The elves are working really hard, but it might get delayed by a day or two depending on how it goes. If you follow this thread, Kineta or the elves will post more updates.

Kineta said:
Dec 11, 2021 8:21 PM
Aug 2018
Hello - I signed up for Elf Gift for Manga edition and Gift Exchange for Anime edition.

I got the confirmation form and I remember there was a manga checkbox so I selected Elf Gift. I honestly can't remember if there was an option to select gift exchange for anime or not

Just to make sure, am I confirmed for anime gift exchange? Thanks!
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» MAL Game "Fantasy Anime League" Opens for Spring 2024 ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Mar 17

147 by AMindJoke »»
Today, 1:22 AM

» Related Anime/Manga Section Changes ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - May 23

110 by ZXZXZXZXZXZXZX »»
Jun 14, 7:19 PM

» [Update May 24] Interest Stacks: New feature for custom theme lists and challenges ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Apr 6, 2022

205 by BasilZero »»
Jun 13, 5:17 AM

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

248 by tingy »»
Jun 10, 10:35 PM

» English Titles Added to Desktop; Moving Towards a Romanized/English Toggle ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Feb 12, 2020

122 by Vaturna »»
Jun 10, 8:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.