Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Mar 30, 2021 2:47 PM
Dec 2018
Not for me, the premise is too much of a stretch to be funny and the two main characters are just stupid.

Hope there will be better offerings for the spring season.
Mar 30, 2021 3:02 PM
May 2020
the opening and the ending song are phenomenal

I'm not one to confuse fiction with reality (I watched jobless reincarnation and loved it last season), but seeing a 27 year old man say that he won't stop pestering a 17 year old after she specifically said she feels uncomfortable.

And her best friend trying to set her up with her adult brother?? Like this guy has hot girls his age that wants him, but is trying to flirt with a girl in a school uniform, while he himself is wearing his office clothes??

The actual show itself is enjoyable to watch, I thought he was around 21/22 but 27 with a 17 year old is a bit sus.
Mar 30, 2021 3:35 PM

Apr 2015
I must say a pretty odd start, I am not entirely sure if I am gonna like this premise a lot. Ryo is pretty creepy with his stalker antics. He's really persistent and guys like these can really kill it for me.

I do have to say that the girl, Ichika, has some solid responses to the guy's actions and words. I like her. If this show is purely banter between her and Ryo, then I might give it a shot. Also Ryo's sister, Rio (I see what they did with their names there), is pretty cute herself.

OP is incredibly catchy though, loved that.
Mar 30, 2021 4:22 PM
Aug 2018
Goldfish12 said:
I'm sad at how many people hated it in the poll. I enjoyed it. I feel like the only reason people don't like it is because of he age difference between the two mc's, which I personally don't have a problem with.

Don’t worry, the majority of the hate in the poll was from bots obviously not all but this reach over 700 hates literally 10 minutes after the discussion was put up.
Mar 30, 2021 4:33 PM

Dec 2015
A pedophile ladies man, yeah is something that anime would do.
Mar 30, 2021 4:44 PM
Sep 2017
Jeez - if he was pressuring her to sleep with him or groping her, I’d have a problem with it too, but he’s sending flowers and a stuffed animal. Plus, she asked for his help shopping, called him from her cell phone (knowing he’d then have her number unless she had a serious brain lapse there), and was grateful for his help with her homework, not to mention defended him to that woman. It’s pretty obvious she doesn’t completely hate him, and just as obvious she isn’t afraid of him. I also highly doubt the sister would be encouraging the relationship if her brother was a total sleazeball. So I really don’t get what the whole up in arms group is SO upset about here, (17 almost 18 isn’t a child) but hey - just drop the show and move on. No one needs that much stress in their lives over an animated show, lol.
Mar 30, 2021 4:55 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Damn, dumping this series really a mistake for me xd.

Well, this supposed to be a cringe-worthy show actually not too bad. The idea of age gap romance seriously a turn off, especially when the mc is a big creep with every awful ideas on him. Well, at least he was m, and its supposed to be the comedic attempt. So, as the way they handled that comedic element was honestly decent enough to keep me continue to watching. Not that high level of a greatness. But, its just fuckin decent.

The oped sounded good too. Even though the visualization looked pretty much fine. Overall, its just well enough to attracted me and make me curious. Maybe i am just a sucker to this kind of think, and always pretend every shit like this always a decent one. But, well, imho, this is really an okay start to begin with.

Maybe it can healing my miserable daily work, and hope some random high school girl suddenly bumped on me and give the reason to creep around. Just kidding xd.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 30, 2021 5:25 PM

Jun 2020
That was a really great first episode! I'm hooked and can't wait for next week.

Also, how come I can't find anybody who will stalk me like that ._.
Mar 30, 2021 5:57 PM

Jul 2014

RayReynolds said:
relentlessly harassing every single woman around him
Wait... you didn't really watch the first two minutes of the episode, did you? He doesn't harass every single woman around him.

It's so dumb. What Ryou does to Ichika is indeed harassment, but it's only an issue if it bothers her, and it's only as bad as how much it bothers her. Ryou's behavior is only bad because she doesn't like it. And after a while, either you get fed up with that and call the cops on him, or get used to it and start thinking it's not really bad. In the latter case, it stops being harassment then. But that's only her choice.
Chroma said:

You know pedophilia is about sexual attraction to prepubescent children, right? You make no sense! Ichika is not a prepubescent child and Ryou is not sexually attracted to her.

juniorrrbello said:

And her best friend trying to set her up with her adult brother?? Like this guy has hot girls his age that wants him, but is trying to flirt with a girl in a school uniform, while he himself is wearing his office clothes??

Since he's not asking for anything sexual-related I don't see how that would be a problem.
LeviathanTheEspMar 30, 2021 6:21 PM
Mar 30, 2021 9:18 PM

Aug 2011
Many shows have been spammed with bot voting recently, I hope the admin can fix it asap
Despite the age gap (which isn't that much of a big deal for me), I actually enjoyed this. It was nice, wholesome episode which I did not expect from a show like this. Will definitely keep an eye out for this one.
Mar 30, 2021 9:39 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
I have dropped very few anime in my years of watching. I had never dropped one halfway through the first episode until this anime. I don't find it cute or amusing at all. I do find it creepy with unbelievable characters. I have no sympathy, partnership, or interest in them. Instead of listing specific reasons, I will just bid this mistake by me, a quick farewell. 9 minutes and 49 seconds were enough for me. 3/10
Mar 31, 2021 12:46 AM
Mar 2016
Holy hell this Main Character is insufferable. I would've been able to look past the age gap (which is kinda iffy, but can be overlooked if done tastefully), but no this main guy is just straight trash.

I love RomComs (Horimiya, Golden Time etc.) but this left a really bad taste in my mouth with how forced it is. I'll continue to watch it, but it's genuinely been a while since they made a RomCom this bad (character wise). Art is ok, OP is good, but the voice acting is a little scuffed.

I genuinely don't think there's been a Male Main Character as unlikeable as this in an anime RomCom ever.
Mar 31, 2021 4:15 AM
皆の先生

Sep 2012
Audio??? Art?? Premise?? What is this mess? I'm going to keep watching at least for the memes.
Mar 31, 2021 6:23 AM

Jul 2015
This anime reminds me of a friend of mine who always picked up a 19 year old every time he changed girlfriend. Once when he was 19 himself, then at 26, and he got his "final" girlfriend when he was 29, and they've been together since and have gotten 2 children together thus far.

I also got an in-law that got 2 children 30 years apart with 2 different women. I think he was 49 and the girl 29 in the second relationship. I giggle when I imagine how that conversation went. "Congratulation son, you're now a brother, (but it'll feel like you're an uncle) and also your new mother is younger than you!" xD
Mar 31, 2021 8:04 AM
Sep 2016
LeviathanTheEsp said:
FouAlter said:
why is this one so many 1/5?

i did appreciate and enjoy this one, so im going to watch this one

If I had to say, Because of mentally concerning people who cannot recognize the difference between pedophilia and some guy being romantically attracted to a teenager for her personality and being creepy (in a completely non sexual way) about it, which basically everyone on the show recognizes as it is.

I don't know about anyone else. I personally have no probs with such age gaps. I mean, I have no probs with KoiAme, Hige wo Soru, Amaama to Inazuma, or the likes. I actually liked them. But the biggest throw off for me is the audio quality. Something's wrong with the recorded dialogues. Moreover, the seiyuus are pretty bad too.
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Mar 31, 2021 8:30 AM
Aug 2017
Wtf is up with the poll lmao
Mar 31, 2021 2:36 PM
Jul 2018
it was an alright start. the main characters didn't feel too cliche, and i like the fast pace and the light hearted feel to everything so far. i just hope it doesn't get too shoujo for my taste. the art was very meh.

love the age gap and the dude being a masochistic sleazebag.

people saying the sister is acting unrealistically have never hooked their sibling up i suppose.
Mar 31, 2021 4:34 PM

May 2012
I have read the manga a few years back before so I kind know what to expect about the anime already. Age gap premise is always welcome to my book so I unlike the majority hate that this anime is receiving, I find the 1st episode a fresh of breath air. And I really like how the main character female is not your usual damsel in distress who easily falls in love to the male character. Their dynamics is also unusually interesting and amusing that I will definitely watch how their relationship can unfold in the succeeding episodes. I understand that Ryou’s personality is more on that “dangerous stalker” side and can easily turn off a lot of viewers but I don’t know why I just find his “persistently determined” attitude hilarious. My only grumble though is that I don’t find Toyonaga, Toshiyuki to be a suitable VA for Ryou’s character! Actually, I am a big fan of Toyonaga as a VA especially with his works in Run with the Wind, Durarara, Yuri on Ice, etc but this is the first anime where I find his voice acting so unfitting in a character! So weird hehhehee. But I hope I can eventually get used to it. Anyway, this is a good start for me and I am hoping for a positive direction in the future episodes for this anime.
Mar 31, 2021 4:36 PM

Oct 2011
I liked this first episode... I mean, in real life, this situation would be totally creepy and unacceptable... but it's just a show, and their interactions are funny to watch... the artstyle is simple and cute.... overall, enjoyable

(but I can see this being object of a lot criticism eventually)
Mar 31, 2021 5:30 PM
Oct 2016
I love how no one is calling this dude a pedophile. But for mushoku tensei people were trashing the show. The worst part is that mushoku tensei doesn't even promote ruddy's action. In this show is a completely different story.

I just found funny how hypocrite these sjw truly are.

Just one question. If these MC were a fat ugly bastard, and did the exact same things. How do you think people will react. Freaking hilarious.

Let's see where this anime goes.
Mar 31, 2021 5:47 PM

Dec 2016
Ryo is like a glue stuck in Ichika's shoes ^^; He sure is very creepy >_>

Gosh, the names for the brothers are too identical and on top of that, it's so confusing! (I mean, someone might say "Ryo", but it could have meant "Rio" x_x ) Not so smart in my opinion :/

Ok episode. Not sure how this will play out but for now, I will give this a chance.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Mar 31, 2021 6:06 PM

Jan 2011
yeah thats gonna be a no from me dawg MC is a creepy stalker tier

thought this would be like After the Rain so i was willing to deal with the age gap despite it being a turn off (couldn't have made her 18 huh)but nope pretty sure this will be my first drop before the season really even started.

will say everyone saying the OP is great with no mention to the ED i love it

also side note the audio of Ryo sounded super scuffed while everyone else sounded sorta bad could this be covid related?
Mar 31, 2021 6:22 PM

Jul 2014
uncleqrow said:

I don't know about anyone else. I personally have no probs with such age gaps. I mean, I have no probs with KoiAme, Hige wo Soru, Amaama to Inazuma, or the likes. I actually liked them. But the biggest throw off for me is the audio quality. Something's wrong with the recorded dialogues. Moreover, the seiyuus are pretty bad too.
Ok, it's true there are some issues abou the audio quality. I don't think that's enough for anyone to "hate it", though. Also I don't think the seiyuus are bad. Besides Rio's, all of them have had a good role before, and besides Ichika's, all of them have had a lot of good roles before. I'm surprised Hanazawa Kana only got a minor role this time, though.
LeviathanTheEspMar 31, 2021 6:30 PM
Mar 31, 2021 7:33 PM
Sep 2016
LeviathanTheEsp said:
uncleqrow said:

Ok, it's true there are some issues abou the audio quality. I don't think that's enough for anyone to "hate it", though. Also I don't think the seiyuus are bad. Besides Rio's, all of them have had a good role before, and besides Ichika's, all of them have had a lot of good roles before. I'm surprised Hanazawa Kana only got a minor role this time, though.

Well, it's enough to bother me to "hate" it though. I am one of the ppl who scored it so low after all. I mean, you really have no reason to have bad recordings unless there are an issue during the production process itself. Unlike with animation where you need to redone a lot of things, retaking audio recording
(relatively) doesn't really take much effort after all. Should they realize these issues during first screening with the production team, they should be able to retake the recording promptly.
Regarding the seiyuus, the main issue is the 3 worst voice acting in this show is done for the 3 main chars, Ryou (the onii-san), Rio (the imouto) and Ichika, which make the bad acting sticks out so much. If they were done for the supporting chars instead, these bad acting would be so much less obvious. How did the audition pass these ppl as main chars?
I questioned the ability of the ppl working this.

PS:
I too may have complain about how the story (at least 1st EP) was so bland. But since it was adapted from a Web Manga, I guess the complain has been answered then. Don't get me wrong, I actually hate shounen titles and is reading/ have read many shoujo or romance titles and liked some of them. So my complain was not because the progression is so "shoujo bait" like shown in the first EP. It was tagged as romance after all.

PPS:
I do understand that rating the anime so low because of the age gap issue, or the perv-like main male char (at least on western standards, I'm asian and have no complain about them), are stupid reasonings. But this show does deserve them because of the technical issues I mentioned above. I mean, just because the Ex-Arm manga is good, does it really justify ranking Ex-Arm anime an 8/10 or beyond?
uncleqrowMar 31, 2021 8:18 PM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Mar 31, 2021 8:59 PM

Jul 2013
The first half was funny, but she warmed up to him a little too quickly for my liking.

A concern I have is that it's gonna get old and repetitive after a few episodes.
Mar 31, 2021 9:15 PM

Dec 2016
JOQUINYD said:
I love how no one is calling this dude a pedophile. But for mushoku tensei people were trashing the show. The worst part is that mushoku tensei doesn't even promote ruddy's action. In this show is a completely different story.

I love it how you didn't even bother reading any of the posts in whole 4 pages of this thread that do call the MC a pedophile, but you rushed in to call hypocrites and sjw on others just to make you feel better.

The worst thing is that you think that Mushoku Tensei doesn't promote Pedophilia despite the author clearly stating that he's not going to do anything about Rudeus and the show constantly rewarding him with what every other perv looks for in a pedophile fantasy like Mushoku tensei without any real consequences to his vile actions.

I could recommend you some good eye doctor that might cure that short sightness you have.

LeviathanTheEsp said:

Chroma said:

You know pedophilia is about sexual attraction to prepubescent children, right? You make no sense! Ichika is not a prepubescent child and Ryou is not sexually attracted to her.

Would you feel any better if Ryou was labeled as an Ephebophile? A grown up that's obssesed with teenagers on average age of 15-19 in either a romantic or a sexual way. I mean, the only difference between a Pedophile and an Ephebolphile are their prey/target ages, you're just splitting hairs with that needlessly defense on a creep lusting on a teen.
KimurahMar 31, 2021 9:27 PM
Mar 31, 2021 9:22 PM
Oct 2016
Kimurah said:
JOQUINYD said:

I love it how you didn't even bother reading any of the posts in whole 4 pages of this thread that do call the MC a pedophile, but you rushed in to call hypocrites and sjw on others just to make you feel better.

The worst thing is that you think that Mushoku Tensei doesn't promote Pedophilia despite the author clearly stating that he's not going to do anything about Rudeus and the show constantly rewarding him with what every other perv looks for in a pedophile fantasy like Mushoku tensei without any real consequences to his vile actions.

I could recommend you some good eye doctor that might cure that short sight you have.

Do whatever you want. I don't care. And you clearly don't know what an hyperbole is lmao.

What this 27 year guy is doing is just as bad as what rudy was doing. Only that here the MC is handsome.

You are funny.
Mar 31, 2021 9:30 PM

Dec 2016
JOQUINYD said:
Kimurah said:

I could recommend you some good eye doctor that might cure that short sight you have.

Do whatever you want. I don't care. And you clearly don't know what an hyperbole is lmao.

What this 27 year guy is doing is just as bad as what rudy was doing. Only that here the MC is handsome.

You are funny.

You clearly don't even know how to read or make an educated retort, and you're just in a big denial phase.

And ROFL, your only answer in order to try and save some face is to claim that the only difference between adult "predators" is that one is handsome? Good Lord, stay out of discussion boards if that's how you plan to make a reply.
Mar 31, 2021 9:38 PM
Oct 2016
Kimurah said:
JOQUINYD said:

You are funny.

You clearly don't even know how to read or make an educated retort, and you're just in a big denial phase.

And ROFL, your only answer in order to try and save some face is to claim that the only difference between adult "predators" is that one is handsome? Good Lord, stay out of discussion boards if that's how you plan to make a reply.
Kimurah said:
JOQUINYD said:

You are funny.

Lol. Sure, whatever you say.

I just want to know something. What are you trying to defend? What I said (if you didn't get it) is that in both shows the MCs are pedos. But that people clearly made a bigger deal out of it for mushoku tensei

I think the one who doesn't understand is you.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 31, 2021 10:43 PM

Jul 2014
Kimurah said:

Would you feel any better if Ryou was labeled as an Ephebophile? A grown up that's obssesed with teenagers on average age of 15-19 in either a romantic or a sexual way.

Hummm, I'll quote myself changing a few things things:

You know pedophilia ephebophilia is about sexual attraction to prepubescent children teenagers, right? You make no sense! Ichika is not a prepubescent child and Ryou is not sexually attracted to her.

Don't put the "romantic way" where it's not. Or the "Obsession". That's not ephebophilia. I mean, not even pedophilia is "obsesion" or romantic feelings.

Kimurah said:

I mean, the only difference between a Pedophile and an Ephebolphile are their prey/target ages, you're just splitting hairs with that needlessly defense on a creep lusting on a teen.

Actually, no. Ephebophilia is not a mental disorder because it's natural, while pedophilia is a mental disorder. Teenagers have developed their reproductive system, and they secrete a lot of pheromones. In an evolutionary sense the instincts for reproduction don't differentiate between a teenager or an adult. So, yes, it's okay to lust for a teenager.

Which doesn't mean it's socially right to ACT on it, i.e. to have sexual relations with a teenager being an adult. But as I said, this show doesn't have anything to do with sexual relations or an adult lusting for a teenager.

Actually the age range for ephebophilia is 15-19 years old, so someone who lusts for 19 years old people is still an ephebophile. In this case it's not wrong even to have sexual relations with them.

uncleqrow said:
I mean, just because the Ex-Arm manga is good, does it really justify ranking Ex-Arm anime an 8/10 or beyond?

Overall, I see your point. I don't really see it as a big deal, though. I don't think sound is that bad. I mean, for me it just feels a little weird, nothing to care a lot about. But that's up to each person.

Just... Ex-arm manga doesn't even have an 8/10. It's a 6.6, and saying that the adaptation has some "technical issues" is an understatement. Besides people unfairly hating CGI, the adaptation is atrocius. The story was completely pulled apart, the animation is still lazy as heck, so despite sound being decent... well...

JOQUINYD said:

Why? There is no point of comparison. According to wikia (because I don't remember the exact details) the time Rudy tried to have intercourse with Eris she was 12 so that does count as pedophilia. I mean, because he got punished, because that's not acceptable and because he learned from it, I think Mushoku tensei is really good. It shows how he's learning from his mistakes and becoming better than he ever was in his previous life.

In counterpart, Ryou is not in any way trying to have intercourse with Ichika, His harassment is only as bad as Ichika feels about it. And everyone besides Ichika's mom recognizes he's kind of a scumbag. So, if Ichika thinks it's not that bad, it is not that bad.
LeviathanTheEspApr 2, 2021 12:59 AM
Apr 1, 2021 1:40 AM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
I thought this episode was okay and that I might enjoy the dynamic if it actually grows, but I'm afraid that instead it will be a one trick pony where the initial premise is repeat ad nauseum mixed with canned cliches. That's just not my style of comedy.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Apr 1, 2021 2:46 AM
Mar 2021
Yo this episode was gross. Hated it. 27 year old creep chasing a 17 year old high school girl who is not interested? Heck that’s illegal where I’m from. I’m not supporting that shit. For everyone who is like oh it’s not pedophelia she is in a godamn high school uniform and in contrast he wears a snappy business suit it’s just freaking weird no no no thankyou
Apr 1, 2021 4:03 AM

Mar 2009
Was this supposed to be funny?
Apr 1, 2021 6:56 AM
Case is closed!

Jan 2019
The story is faithfully made to the original manga. Toyonaga Toshiyuki san’s voice is nice!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2021 9:42 AM
Jan 2018
Sailor moon reference

So the dude is a masochist ?
Mattinator95Apr 1, 2021 9:50 AM
Apr 1, 2021 12:31 PM

Apr 2009
Wow so much cringe. Just another teen girl wet dream plot.
Apr 1, 2021 1:25 PM

Dec 2020
it was really cute and funny, i enjoyed it a lot uwu

seems like an amazing anime, can't wait for more ^^
Apr 1, 2021 2:34 PM

Apr 2020
Basically “simp, the anime” but take it very extremely.
IssyBoyApr 1, 2021 2:39 PM
Nina supporter for life💕
Apr 1, 2021 4:15 PM
Jun 2013
Swizze said:
I just dont get why a show about an older guy like this forcing himself being in a girls life who is a high school student is ok? She clearly told him to leave her a lone and he is all like naaa all g i'm gonna keep annoying you. Sending a message like this is ok is wrong. Regardless of sexual attraction or love or whatever.

LMAO are you new to anime/manga or something? seriously, over 200 series watched and you're surprised that there's a over the top romantic comedy about a good looking guy simping and being weird over a younger girl that finds him annoying? Come on man, there are hundreds of these series and they're actually enjoyed more by girls than guys in Japan, do you go to Resetera or other gaming forum preaching about how X violent game is promoting violence and murdering against people? Don't be silly, is fine that you didn't enjoyed it but don't try to spin the series and author's intentions to fit your little agenda because you cant separate fiction from reality.
Shinuki_n_RebornApr 1, 2021 4:34 PM
Apr 1, 2021 5:42 PM

Jul 2014
AnimeChud said:
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:

LMAO are you new to anime/manga or something? seriously, over 200 series watched and you're surprised that there's a over the top romantic comedy about a good looking guy simping and being weird over a younger girl that finds him annoying? Come on man, there are hundreds of these series and they're actually enjoyed more by girls than guys in Japan, do you go to Resetera or other gaming forum preaching about how X violent game is promoting violence and murdering against people? Don't be silly, is fine that you didn't enjoyed it but don't try to spin the series and author's intentions to fit your little agenda because you can separate fiction from reality.

It's hilarious how dense some people can be even after 200 series.

Looking at your previous comment I think you're discussing with the wrong person.

katiecreated said:
Yo this episode was gross. Hated it. 27 year old creep chasing a 17 year old high school girl who is not interested? Heck that’s illegal where I’m from. I’m not supporting that shit. For everyone who is like oh it’s not pedophelia she is in a godamn high school uniform and in contrast he wears a snappy business suit it’s just freaking weird no no no thankyou

It looks like there are countries in which it's illegal to be annoying. Not surprising. People can't deal with an annoying person so they need the cops to do the job. It's hilarious to see the state treating its citizens as kids.
LeviathanTheEspApr 1, 2021 6:03 PM
Apr 1, 2021 5:54 PM

Mar 2017
light hearted but creepy age gap romance? hell yeah i'm in

'nom'
Apr 1, 2021 6:06 PM
Jan 2020
This anime was a total let down. I was hoping for a romantic story, but instead got the plot of a pedophile harassing and stalking a young girl after getting a clear rejection out of her. It would be the perfect start of a horror story, however the way the creators show it, makes it seem like the beginning of a love tale. I bet that rapists, pedophiles and creeps view their interactions with the victims under such light. Although the plot was terrible, the art and sound were decent.
Apr 1, 2021 6:54 PM

Jul 2014
SandraXavier said:
a pedophile harassing and stalking a young girl after getting a clear rejection out of her

Another person who never read the definition of pedophilia.
Apr 1, 2021 8:54 PM

Sep 2016
halcyonparade said:
Creepy guys who push themselves onto girls (a high school girl for that matter) aren't cool. The whole premise is a stinker right out the gate. Dropped.
The thing is, it can work and has worked in the past. But you have to make the person redeemable in some aspect and make sure the jokes land hard. Like take Blend S, similar concept with the older dude falling for the younger girl. But the show was still fun.

Ishitateso said:
The first episode was on the solid "bad, I might drop it after the next episode" level and not because of the age difference between these two, that can be handled pretty well like in the anime After the rain. Ryou is an irritating idiot and not of the funny kind, someone who seems to be a womenizer but after two sentences sounds more like douchebag. I simply can't and won't be able to root for this relationship, don't see the point in following what happens with them in the long run.

This 100%
Like I can look past the age thing a lot in shows. But c'mon. make me like the guy and want to root for him at least a little bit. I'm giving the show another episode, but if that doesnt impress, I'm outta here.
Apr 1, 2021 10:24 PM

Aug 2013
Is this show meant to be funny or something?
Apr 1, 2021 11:02 PM

Dec 2019
Pretty decent ep. Nothing mind blowing, but I'm entertained by this relationship.
Here we go again...
Apr 2, 2021 1:11 AM

Jul 2014
Jasurim said:

This 100%
Like I can look past the age thing a lot in shows. But c'mon. make me like the guy and want to root for him at least a little bit.

That I can agree. At least partially. I think I'm not very fond of the manga. It's one of those shoujo manga that I end up reading just because, and it's kinda interesting to me. Not a lot. I think it's more that all the scandal about it has made it a lot more interesting to me.

But I personally don't think one must like the guy to enjoy the show (which is my case, I don't like the guy and I prefer
LeviathanTheEspApr 2, 2021 12:40 PM
Apr 2, 2021 1:03 PM
May 2020
this has a very strong start. making me wheeze here and there. this might be a hidden gem uno
Apr 2, 2021 1:15 PM

Apr 2018
Honestly they are so cute with one another xD. The age gap isnt that far away and I really like how one event made Ryou fall in love with Ichika.

The op and the ed are quite fire if you ask me
Apr 2, 2021 1:53 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Not really sure about this one. It felt very plain and boring. The actors' performances felt phoned in and the color palette is really muted. I like the premise and some of the jokes made me laugh, but I'm not sure I can do 12 episodes of this one. I'll try out a couple more, but if things don't change I'll end up dropping it.

Also, did anyone else think the main guy's vocals sounded bad? Like I could hear the actor recording inside the booth. Not sure if they used a poor mic or it was just a bad recording, but it bothered me the entire episode.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2021

148 by TsutanaiFuun »»
May 25, 5:11 AM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2021

59 by TsutanaiFuun »»
May 25, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2021

70 by TsutanaiFuun »»
May 25, 2:35 AM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2021

72 by TsutanaiFuun »»
May 25, 1:41 AM

» I love Rio! Who's with me?

mufarari - Feb 15

4 by TrayC-3PO »»
Feb 16, 6:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.