Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 17, 2021 12:06 PM
Sep 2019
swordmaster2551 said:
That conversation with Beatrice was so repetitive and frustrasting, for an old as dirt spirit, she sure is an immature brat.

I never want to see the phrase "That Person" again.

That's how the real world works actually. You can't just say something nice to someone and expect he/she will be listening to you forever. You have to convince her through actions and words repeatedly. Trusting a person is not easy at all.
Mar 17, 2021 12:09 PM

Jan 2016
I knew what was coming, after all it's the adaptation of my favorite chapter of Re Zero

But I still fucking cried, oh man what a masterpiece
Mar 17, 2021 12:11 PM
Nov 2015
THIS WAS SO GOOOOOOOOD
I'M SO PROUD OF SUBARU, EMILIA, RAM AND BEAKO. MY PRECIOUS KIDS.
Mar 17, 2021 12:12 PM

Jun 2019
[
Brushrop03 said:

DiceYJ said:

Then, why don't you drop this season earlier if you think it's has been straight garbage and hardly enjoyable?

Because I already invested time into the series and had hope? Maybe?

now that you've lost hope with this season, maybe now or the next episode you should stop following this anime and don't have to bother watching season 3 if it's adapted into anime. It would be good for your health.
DiceYJMar 17, 2021 12:16 PM
Mar 17, 2021 12:16 PM

Jul 2017
literal masterpiece
Mar 17, 2021 12:18 PM

Jul 2011
Did Emilia........just made a ice grind rail just for style points?
My fear realized with the rabbits.
Betty made this episode the greatest of this season.

And now we have the "Every badass have a loli" trope

Sep 2017
Finally we got Beako out of the library,lovely episode.
The remake of Berserk is a mistake.

Oct 2014
Yesssssssssss Subaru has finally completed the SSSSSS Side quest and unlocked the God Tier Loli companion Beako :D

Mar 17, 2021 12:22 PM

Oct 2009
Again, we don't see Echidna's face in real world (Emilia didn't recognize Echidna's real face last episode).

Is it foreshadowing something as well ? I couldn't spoil myself even by researching it (don't worry about spoiling me, just carefully place spoiler tags if you answer that :D).

Mar 17, 2021 12:23 PM

Aug 2020
Wednesday's really are the highlight of my week.. Another emotion packed episode, the conversation between Subaru and Beatty was amazing.

P.S Frederica is a baddie
clannad is the greatest piece of fiction to ever exist.
Mar 17, 2021 12:34 PM

Aug 2020
I got scared for a second, I thought Ram was dead.
Mar 17, 2021 12:34 PM

Apr 2020
All those years of waiting, suffering, and dying inside is over, Beatrice chooses Subaru and has now freed herself off her 400-year curse of waiting for "that person". I was about to cry in that exact moment, until lag start kicking my ass and left me disappointed, up until the very last seconds of the episode. I'm not telling you that the episode was not great, but because of the goddamn lag, my experience was stolen for me. Damn it.

But even after all that, this episode was still great. We also got the scene when Roswaal is pretty much a shell of his own self while trying to heal a heavily injured Ram. We also saw the Ryuzus breaking their original version and pretty much ending the Sanctuary's barriers. But those DAMN RABBITS are the only thing that is stopping them from getting out, with Emilia desperate on defending the villagers.

Lucky for EMT, Subaru and Beatrice has come to save the day. And this time, from Stereo Dive Foundation's lyrics on Tensura 2 ED, you know how this story's gonna end, Subaru and Beatrice will finally finish those pesky monstrous rabbits. Either way, very good episode, not as hard hitting as the last one, but definitely one that people was struck by, in the great way.
Mar 17, 2021 12:42 PM
Sep 2020
Well it keeps on getting better thru evry passing episode...
Mar 17, 2021 12:45 PM

Jul 2014
MonsieurPapillon said:
Again, we don't see Echidna's face in real world (Emilia didn't recognize Echidna's real face last episode).

Is it foreshadowing something as well ? I couldn't spoil myself even by researching it (don't worry about spoiling me, just carefully place spoiler tags if you answer that :D).

Anime skipped Emilia's inner monologue when she saw Echidna's in the tomb.
mozgowMar 17, 2021 12:50 PM
Mar 17, 2021 12:46 PM

Apr 2015
Another phenomenal episode!

So glad to see that Ram is still alive, even if it looked like she was dead. Atleast Roswaal showed his good side here, cause if Ram would have actually died, he would have lost everything.

Man, this episode really made me want to shoot "Get out of that library" more than anything, but the whole conversation between Subaru and Beatrice was really emotional. These last two episodes were on another level.

Also, that nightmare is back... The Great White Rabbit.... Horde. Subaru arrived just in time to deal with it, together with Beatrice after finally managing to get her out of the Mansion.

Next week it's time clobber some Demon Rabbits?! Can't believe it's going to end again.
Mar 17, 2021 12:50 PM
Sep 2020
KANLen09 said:
Back into a snowstorm-filled land that Roswaal activated as the final magic before the Tome of Wisdom was lost, but Emilia remains as confident as ever to face troubles. The only person that Roswaal is now, is a broken man afraid of the unpredictable.

The only thing that stands to complete the liberation of Sanctuary: Ryuzu Shima and her role to save the person in the core crystal, and the deed is done with fulfilling promises left on the bucket list to complete with the many clones.

Just as Subaru DID confront with Roswaal before the start of the payback, Emilia is doing the exact same with him right now, even with the Great Rabbits chasing after her.

Like master like daughter, Echidna bethroning the Forbidden Library to Beatrice for the ciritical moments in time, and just as is with the replica of the Tome of Wisdom, she really has it all planned out for moments such as these. Kinda reminds me that the Forbidden Library is like the Bible's Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, only that Beatrice was the Eve that stayed in it the entire time with a singular rhyme and reason, and Subaru is the Adam to save her from her predictament, even if "that person" never showed up.

Subaru never ceases to fascinate me with the never-die spirit, even if at death's throes through the fire and the flames. He doesn't just understand, he emphasizes and sympathizes even if people doesn't think the way he does, and he's doing that with Beatrice. Never leave, never forsake one another, not for another 400 years.

Finally, with Beatrice stepping out of the Forbidden Library, only one issue stands above all else: the clearance of the Great Rabbit with Subaru's re-match. ONE MORE STEP to liberate Sanctuary!

Hey buddy, a couple of questions. I didn't get the Shima part. Why did the clones stay in that room? Ryzu died after emilia passed the third trial correct? Didn't get why the hovered around the core.

Also, Roswall isn't the same person but basically his great grandson right? If so, why is he still connected strongly with Echdina. The love sounds too strong for someone who isn't the original Roswall
Mar 17, 2021 12:51 PM
Feb 2021
1000000/10 again
Mar 17, 2021 12:53 PM
Feb 2021
1000000/10 always
Mar 17, 2021 12:55 PM
Sep 2020
katie_potaty said:
I got all choked up when Subaru was telling Betty to choose him. She deserves an eternity of happiness for the 400 years that she spent alone and I'm so happy that Subaru got through to her and she can move on after all those centuries.

It took for Ram to almost die for Roswaal to snap out of that 400-year delusion and realise that no matter how much he impersonates Hector, he'll never 𝘣𝘦 him. I'm interested to see more of his character in the future now that he's lost the bet with Subaru and doesn't know what the future holds, just like everyone else.

I felt so much pride for Emilia when she told Roswaal he can't give up and that things matter as long as you're alive. It shows how much she's changed in such a short time and I love how strong she is now!

Why is he tryna impersonate him, now that's the question
Jul 2019
dioufs said:

Hey buddy, a couple of questions. I didn't get the Shima part. Why did the clones stay in that room? Ryzu died after emilia passed the third trial correct? Didn't get why the hovered around the core.

Also, Roswall isn't the same person but basically his great grandson right? If so, why is he still connected strongly with Echdina. The love sounds too strong for someone who isn't the original Roswall

The part about Roswaal will be further revealed in the final episode but if you want some more details, rewatch Beatrice flashback in this episode. You’ll get some clues. Focus on the words, “Replicating a soul...saving it in a vessel.” They were said by Roswaal in the flashback part.

The clones were staying inside that room in order to fulfill their goal. Ryuzu needed to disappear with the core in order for the barrier to finally dissipate.
FluffyNiccuMar 17, 2021 12:58 PM
Jan 2018
_Yuta_ said:
I couldn't find any answers so I'll try asking here. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or answers as to why the looks of the show are so childish. From the characters to the settings. Like why is it that these evil witches look cutesy and take the form of the child and why does Beatrice look like a 4 year old. Sometimes I feel like the show is hard to take very seriously because of this. I guess I'm wondering why the visuals of the show contrast so much with the content of the show. It looks childish with more of a lighthearted feel, but obviously as we all know this show is not childish at all. Does anyone have any thoughts as to why that is? Did the author just do that because he likes the looks of "loli's" and he just wanted to do something unique, or do you think the author actually intended something meaningful by doing that?

Because this is an isekai light novel and it's target audience are teenagers, and waifus. About the characters being cute and all, how is that a problem? So you tell me cute characters can't cry?
Mar 17, 2021 1:04 PM

Feb 2014
This episode was so damn amazing that I'm having a hard time to explain my reasons for it! XD

I'm really thankful that Ram is still alive, even after the injuries she has, although it was sad to see Roswaal looking completely lost and unsure on what to do next. Hearing him shout out to his teacher on what he should do next was really sad. =(

Good thing that Emilia has made her move, with the help she got from Puck's guidance and the Ryuzu clones. On top of that, she had to deal with the horrifying white rabbits.

While that was happening, Subaru gave it his all to convince Beatrice to come with him and get out of the forbidden library. It was a tough and exhausting effort from Subaru, but I'm glad that he was able to succeed in getting Beatrice to go with him to the sanctuary. The whole scene between the both of them, as Subaru puts in such a passionate performance while Beatrice slowly breaks down crying got me tearing up a lot. It's been a while since I've had an episode hit me so hard in the emotions like that. T_T

Now that Subaru and Beatrice have arrived to help Emilia, hopefully now the rabbits will be defeated for good. The finale to this whole arc is going to be amazing. =)
Mar 17, 2021 1:06 PM
Mar 2018
One of the best episodes. It left us with very good things.
-The beginning of one of the best relationships. Subaru and Beatrice.
-The beginning of Emilia's assertiveness.
Mar 17, 2021 1:10 PM
Mar 2018
BlichoBoy said:
Did Emilia........just made a ice grind rail just for style points?
My fear realized with the rabbits.
Betty made this episode the greatest of this season.

And now we have the "Every badass have a loli" trope

No.
In the novel it is said that she does it to hurry.
Mar 17, 2021 1:12 PM

Apr 2012
"Choose me"
To be what? A friend? Savior? Partner? Lover? What?
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 2020
New episode was really very good.it made me emotional.its very hard to imagine the pain faced by Beatris.❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Sep 2011
Wow. What an amazing, intense and emotional episode. Just love the nuance in character's interactions and dialogue.. even more so now that several plot points are resolving and concluding.. from Ryuzu and Shima to Beako, I teared up even for Roswall godamnit

Now, Echidna told Beako that "someone suitable for her knowledge" would come.. than said "wait for that person", sono hito wo matsu.. my impression is that Beatrice emphasized too much on those last words, but what Echidna may have meant was someone who could absorb all that knowledge, learn it and become a great magician or something.. in the end there wasn't even a contract bouding Beako to the library (like she said there was), it was just what she was told to do..
But of course, what Echidna told Subaru was clearly that she was just interested in who "that person" would be, or what person Beatrice would choose.. that wasn't at all her apparent intention when she asked Beako to guard all the knowledge she'd accumulated..
If those were her true intentions....... she truly is a witch

Also, props to Subaru (and VA).. the man knows how to get to people
Mar 17, 2021 1:20 PM

Nov 2019
Chad Emilia can destroy 90% of the female leads in other amine series.
Roswaal is now a clueless, helpless child again...
The convo between Subaru and Beako made me feel things I suppose. Could only imagine how the novel handled this. Might be my favorite conversation in Re:Zero as a whole. As I said, it takes some real skills to convert dialogue-heavy sauce to anime, and I think that is one front on which WF can improve in the future. A masterpiece cannot be blurred by those issues though, this has become my favorite series which does not have a place in my favorites.
Last episode - I am expecting to see Emilia ice magic, Beako Yin magic, Subaru daddy powers (ft. Patrasche), and attack of the Ryuzu clones against the usagi.
CravenlockMar 18, 2021 8:41 AM
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Mar 17, 2021 1:20 PM
Apr 2017
mozgow said:
MonsieurPapillon said:

They are obviously saving it for next episode, because this episode still has the face hidden.
Mar 17, 2021 1:23 PM
Nov 2018
phenomenal episode but I'm confused why Subaru doesn't just say he's that person, things will be easier lol
Mar 17, 2021 1:26 PM

Mar 2020
Beatrice finally steps outside the library! The choice of music during Subaru and Bea's conversation was great! Made the scene beautiful and thrilling. And finally, after long last Beatrice was able to say "Subaru."
Mar 17, 2021 1:39 PM
Jul 2018
MonsieurPapillon said:

To answer your question, there's some spoilers for next episode / cut content to be discussed

removed-userMar 17, 2021 1:48 PM
Mar 17, 2021 1:39 PM
Waifu Inspector

Sep 2019
Looks like Roswaal was absolutely floored by what Ram did and how he has no Tome now. Glad she's alive though, I don't now how Ram-bros would have taken it. Wow, that Beatrice and Subaru scene was absolutely amazing, and it further builds upon the continuous banger episodes White Fox has been putting out for this second half of the season. Can't wait until the finale next week, and I hope they kick some bunny ass.
Mar 17, 2021 1:49 PM
Dec 2018
Beatrice is such a tragic character, and people who say Subaru is annoying, I just don't get it, he is totally awesome, he's weak, but he is brave and he will put himself down in order to save everyone else.

I just don't find myself loving Emilia, she's ridiculously naive, doesn't appreciate Subaru as much as she should, the way he brings people together and keeps fighting, despite not being that strong, is totally awesome. She doesn't understand her feelings for him? He comes to her aid all the time, she would be nowhere without him.

It is great to see Beatrice in partnership with Subaru, he says he isn't 'the one' but actually he is. How long can his RBD sustain him? Does that make him immortal? She might have to put up with his annoying attitude for longer than she thinks. And, stangely, despite all her insults, she appreciates him as much as anyone else.

Great episode.
Mar 17, 2021 1:52 PM
Dec 2018
Billabongxd said:
phenomenal episode but I'm confused why Subaru doesn't just say he's that person, things will be easier lol

Same here, and he probably is anyway, just that Echinda didn't realise anyone like him would ever appear. But Beatrice has had enough lies and I suppose he doesn't want her to be deluded by anyone else anymore.
Mar 17, 2021 1:54 PM

May 2012
Not gonna lie, I thought Ram was dead asf lol.

Pretty good episode. I'm not in the group of being the best episode (episode 6 does that for me), but it was pretty good. Honestly Betty flash back and towards the end were the best parts. I would have like to have seen more screen time of the clones and see Emilia hold of the rabbits. Also I under the impression that Roswaal found a way to clone himself like Ryuzu and transfer his actual soul into those bodies. Kind like reincarnation, but I could be way off.

Subaru looking for Betty and their conversation was good. I did think it lasted way longer than it should have, but the ending of Subaru speech was icing on the cake. Even if its not 400 years they can't make such wonderful memories together that no matter how long Betty lives he will never fade from her memory. After that you had to grab his hand lol. And her repletely saying his name was wonderful.

Last episode needs to be mind-blowingly epic. I'm pretty sure it will be, but I can't wait lol.

3/5
Mar 17, 2021 1:56 PM

May 2012
mozgow said:
MonsieurPapillon said:

Damn I would have love to see them animated this. The artwork looks amazing and Emilia thoughts would have matched up perfectly. Given how they interacted with each other.
Mar 17, 2021 1:56 PM

Mar 2018
if last episode was the best action in all of re zero then this episode might be one of if not the best for dialogue

this is on par with episode 18 imo

BETTY IS FINALLY FREE POGU

now lets take out the rabbits and live happily ever after please

i swear this show keeps on getting better, its got the fire force effect
Mar 17, 2021 2:01 PM

May 2015
That was amazing. Sanctuary liberated in 24 episodes. Good stuff

Mar 17, 2021 2:05 PM
Nov 2019
Subaru gets Betty to choose him at last... Presumably if he'd just said he was the one - Betty would have said NO and thrown him out again.

Next Ep. killing bunnies time - If just one escapes it'll multiply back up to a horde, so got to get the plan just right & no RBD allowed as per the bet with Roswaal.

Does the bit where she accepts him as the one, repeats his name and they fly out of the fire to EMT mean Subaru has made a contract with Betty like EMT and Puck have?
Mar 17, 2021 2:15 PM

Mar 2014
Amazing episode, Subaru you better spoil Beatrice rotten
Mar 17, 2021 2:16 PM
Aug 2018
Gab5 said:

I just don't find myself loving Emilia, she's ridiculously naive, doesn't appreciate Subaru as much as she should, the way he brings people together and keeps fighting, despite not being that strong, is totally awesome. She doesn't understand her feelings for him? He comes to her aid all the time, she would be nowhere without him.

Then why do you think she would kiss him? (twice actually, if you also count the one in Cour1 just before Subaru died on her lap)
If you notice, she continually reached out to him throughout Cour1 and the initial episodes of Cour2 whenever he was around her. Like asking him to hold her hand, grabbing onto his sleeves, hugging him, etc.

She doesn't know how to verbally express it directly or clearly, but she loves him. Given her tragic background (her backstory this cour and her rough time in Frozen Bond OVA with everyone hating her), she has no experience with romance or relationships. Her traumas, social awkwardness, and insecurities make things incredibly difficult for her, and therefore, she is confused about her own feelings and those around her.
Mar 17, 2021 2:16 PM
Nov 2020
And re zero made me cry again
Mar 17, 2021 2:24 PM

Jan 2021
!!!!We Are In The Final!!!!

!!!JUST ONE MORE EPISODE!!!

Only one more thing to take care of now. Those Darn Rabbits!

Another fantastic episode brought to use by Re: Zero. Subaru finally saved Beatrice and now its off to the Sanctuary to take care of the Great Rabbit. Also the episode was called Chose Me i love how this title correlates with the entire second half of the episode

Next week is the final episode of Re: Zero I CAN'T WAIT but i'm also gonna be a little sad when this anime ends. So if any one has an anime recommendation like Re:Zero please tell me. Just don't say Steins Gate or Higurashi When They Cry because I have already watch those.
Mar 17, 2021 2:28 PM
Sep 2020
Holy Jesus this episode was so good. It was so emotional when subaru saved Betty. 10/10
Mar 17, 2021 2:42 PM
Jan 2020
This season just keeps delivering on the backs of part 1, really think s2 is so much better than s1 its not even fair.
Will say I didn't find the beatrice scene as good as the failed attempt one. That one felt more escalated and more tragic with how it ends, while this one felt a little haremy but still a solid part of the triumphant run. I feel like its so perfect the juxtaposition between the failed routes and the successful with the emotions and execution making me call back the previous scenes. The show has a stable setting and plots builds up the tragedy/characters with a lot of frustration/high emotions/lack of understanding then brings it all together where I can help but route for the cast. Really hope rest of rezero has a similar structure, makes the series so unique and a 10/10 to me.
Mar 17, 2021 2:43 PM
May 2020
Subaru and Beatrice gonna have one of the best anime link ups in history ahlie
Mar 17, 2021 2:50 PM

Dec 2020
Finally Beatrice got out but what i don’t understand is Beatrice immortal?:3
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Mar 17, 2021 3:00 PM
Jan 2021
really nice episode, loved it
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Did you like part 1 or part 2 of season 2 better?

castle2001 - May 26

18 by FilipPaul »»
May 28, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 3, 2021

278 by D-A-W »»
May 20, 9:00 PM

» Rem have become most favourite anime female character!!! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ZXEAN - Jan 29, 2021

298 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
May 16, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 10, 2021

534 by ymirstear »»
May 10, 4:29 PM

» am i the only one who thinks re:zero season 2 is just kinda okay? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shmoomp - Jan 27, 2021

411 by AboutFollower03 »»
Apr 18, 8:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.