Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Horimiya
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Mar 15, 2021 6:02 AM
Jul 2017
It's one of the better episodes as of yet tbh.
Mar 15, 2021 8:40 AM
May 2020
i would be totally fine if tooru and yuki were a real thing but seeing sakura suffer because of a lie hurts

but overall the episode was very good
Mar 15, 2021 9:02 AM
Oct 2019
Wtf Hori, she become more weird every episode...

Music was Fantastic as always...

This love triangle is complicated and sad...
Poor Sakura...
Even though this Episode was focus on Yuki, I'l stilll root for Sakura...
At least she is the only one that have a courage and honesty to talked about her feeling...
davidyodo24Mar 15, 2021 9:13 AM
Mar 15, 2021 2:06 PM

Feb 2008
Yoshikawa makes lovely expressions.

Good for her, but absolutely dreadful for Kono. Not like there was a good end to that situation.
Mar 15, 2021 3:26 PM

Nov 2014
ricemaster77 said:
What an amazing episode. Though I and many others were rooting for Sakura to be with Toru and Yuki to be with Yanagi, love isn't that logical. Even Kakeru says that no one is in the wrong. I liked the metaphor associating the names with the weather, especially Toru's indirect statement from when he says the snow decides to melt on its own: "Don't back down because you think someone is more deserving of my love. I like you because I like you." (at least that's how I read it). Anyways, can't wait for the next week.

Yeah!!!! loved that part too :D, the metaphor, wordplay, and the scene also directed beautifullly.... TooruYuuki XD!!!

Yeah TooruYuki(+Sakura) atlast !!! after we got KakeruRemi several episodes before....
LOL, Hori even more scared that Miyamura getting closer to the boys rather than the girls XD.. poor Tanihara haha...

Yuki and Her Sis meeting Akane while shopping, kinda awkward... her Sis interaction was hilarious, she didn't expect Yuki to reject Akane confession before. She still felt guilty whie lying about acting boyfriend-girlfriend with Tooru even though she actually has a real feeling toward him and knowing Sakura liked him too. Even Remi thinking she's musn't be self-centered too and be honest with her feelings.

Because of her uneasiness and troubled feelings she decided to skip school. That's when like Hori said before her Sister also said the same that she really tell straight what she wants and in the end up troubling herself(that little Yuki was cute tho XD). She also made her friends worried.. including Tooru OFC.. even worse when Tooru message her that Sakura has confessed her feelings to him. That frozed her... And.. as usual she kept her cheery attitude back in school.

And.. her it comes awaited XD TooruYuki moments, he called her to rooftop to tell about the confession things. Well, as he said Sakura didn't actually asking for his reply. Tooru himself thinking that even if he doesn't do the couple act together with Yuki, he still Sakura still better with another man than him. That make Yuki slightly relieved although she kinda felt rather egoistic and bad toward Sakura in the end. I loved the way the metaphor of using their name( Yuki & Sakura) and the way he said snow decides to melt on its own ("this kinda funny actually" XD) refer to to How Yuki should decide her own feelings not to be bothered by other feelings to Tooru, because the one who decided who deserving that is Tooru himself. and... He also said he always watching her, Then...... the way how he looked at her in the end.... He realized She is the one for him XD ( Bonus!!! he holding her fingers into holding her hand :3).

Kinda feels bad and sad to Sakura while she saw them together. Good move by Kakeru on trying to console her, like he said there are no one in the wrong in this case... this how love works after all... I hope on YanagixSakura tho still...

It seems now they adapted chapter 58,59,60( only several part adapted and in the beginning of the episode),61 and this episode mostly centered around TooruYuki + Sakura love triangle part. man... really excited toward the final.. 3 episode more.. can't wait to see next episode.
r16fourarmMar 15, 2021 3:32 PM
Mar 15, 2021 5:57 PM

Aug 2018
The chapter was good.
The conversation between Tooru and Yuki was very cute
and about Sakura...poor :(
Pd: The beginning with Hori and Miyamura haha xD
Mar 15, 2021 6:06 PM

Mar 2016
Really hope someone comes out in an upcoming episode to take Sakura. All that courage and work to push herself to telling Toru that she liked him......and she got shot down.

Horrible when that triangle was starting, because it was routing for Sakura, but then it was revealed that Yuki liked Toru as more than a friend too.

The President put it perfectly. It hurts all the more, because nobody really did anything wrong :'(
Mar 15, 2021 6:08 PM

Jul 2016
This episode focuses on Yoshikawa, Tooru and Sakura. Yuki get her development and Tooru too. Sakura seeing her cry hurt because she likes Tooru, but thats love.

Im happy that Sakura gonna be happy from now on.

Mar 15, 2021 8:27 PM
Feb 2020
one of my most hated part back then in manga,specially for yuki,"ah i won and be with him because im his MAIN heroine,i dont even need to do anything or to commit on anything and poof it just happen,come back later when u r main character sakura lol".
Mar 15, 2021 11:07 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Not a particularly good relationship that is based on a lie. Not any props for Yuki since she seems to be the type that does stupid things and then tells herself that she just can't be any other way. Lack of respect for herself and others..... not much for me to like there.

Mar 16, 2021 1:45 AM

Feb 2008
I hate Tooru. I hate Yuuki.

Sakura doesn't deserve this. She doesn't...

Ahh, Oreimo feelings are coming back.

As much as I didn't like the episode, the final scene was the best I've seen from this show. Goddamn, I am such a sucker for highschool useless drama.

Sooner or later, Reina Kondo will get her main role, and will win the harem. And I will be there to watch it. Great episode.

Quick edit: Just checked, and Masaru Yokoyama is the music composer. As always, delivering top music at the climax moments. What a guy.
zerojMar 16, 2021 1:51 AM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Mar 16, 2021 4:18 AM

Jan 2020
I feel bad for Sakura :(
Hori continues to be weird. pls make it stop
Tanihara is a despicable person, but at least he’s making an attempt to redeem himself
Mar 16, 2021 10:34 AM

May 2009
Yuki is pretty unlikeable in this episode.. I had some suspisions in the last one, but this episode is not making her look good atm.

I like Tooru. I can see why he does what he does, but for Yuki she is just mean at this point. Telling Tooru that you like him is hard. I get it. But seriously.. What she is doing right now is plain unhealthy. And we see weird behavior like that with Hori and Miyamura as well.

At this point I only like Tooru, Sakura, Kakeru and Remi. Their characters and actions make the most "sense". With others I can just feel how much they are either f'ing up or just unhealthy. ..And that is hard to watch if we have to believe these characters should represent happiness. But maybe Im totally missing the point and it will all make sense soon.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Mar 16, 2021 11:24 AM

Aug 2019
The stupid drama is ruining this show for me.
The comedy is great though, I'm conflicted.
3/5 episode.
Mar 16, 2021 2:07 PM
Dec 2020
Almost left me in tears in the end. Watching Sakura break down made me truly sad and I honestly can’t wait for the next episode.
Mar 16, 2021 2:48 PM

Mar 2019
I know this is a romcom like any other romcom anime, I know they are highscholars who are between 15-17 yo but .. Do all teenagers act like this? Do all teenagers think about love only and nothing else? Do they all think that if they get rejected = end of the world? Or that even if they got accepted, they'll live happily together forever after? It's literally like 90% of the romcoms follow this format.

Idk, when I was a teenager - which wasn't far away, it was like few years ago -, I didn't witness anything like this in my school at all, heck, not even with my friends who were in love / relationships or even got rejected, sure there was some feelings here and there but no one prioritized love over education, careers, goals etc. Nor even was acting like a drama-queen. I dunno really, maybe this is the main reason why I really dislike romcoms, no matter how many romcoms I watch, they're all the same, I really wish if there are more romcom animes that don't follow these cliches. Like, I want to see normal teenagers, having interest in couple of things while giving us a romcom plot, not ONLY an anime about teenagers that want to experience love, love, love and nothing else. As if their life = love.
(Ironic tho, cuz they're still young and probs aren't mature at all to understand their POV about the depth of love at this young age, which will change a lot once they reach +20 yo. That's why teenagers love is mostly frustrating - to me at least -, it's either too naive or too sexual)
Mar 16, 2021 4:40 PM
Jul 2018
Yuki best girl easy
Mar 16, 2021 7:40 PM

Jan 2013
I feel bad for Sakura but it's quite obvious now that he likes Yuki. And i think he gave the best answer ever, she just didn't get it, in the end, Tooru was right, she's dumb xD

"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 17, 2021 12:36 AM

Dec 2018
Poor Sakura... I don't mind ToruxYuki, but seeing Sakura crying hurt my feeling too.
This episode seems better than before, I love the drama and I started to hate MiyamuraxHori relationship... Hori being so mean, poor Miyamura... Miyamura becoming more stupid lately, obeying his girlfriend too much.
Guess Toru started to have a felling toward Yuki after Haru dating Miyamura.

Mar 17, 2021 6:13 AM
Oct 2020
lol is there anyone out here like me who dosent really like the show that much? ig its kinda cute but the comedy is a bit cringy imo.

AGAIN just my opinion lol
Mar 18, 2021 11:45 PM
Aug 2020
This episode now has me hoping that Miyamura realizes he’s bi lmao literally what was the point of that biphobia Hori?
Mar 18, 2021 11:51 PM
Aug 2020
Also even tho I don’t hate Toru x Yuki, a part of me is still hoping for Toru x Sakura end game. Like winter making way for spring (i know the whole speech about her not having to hold back for others with the seasons but shut up lemme make a metaphor). Plus Akane is cute as hell so maybe Yuki will appreciate him in the future.
Mar 20, 2021 1:28 PM

Apr 2013
Sakura deserves more u.ú

.·:*¨ 𝕾𝖊𝖙 𝕸𝖊 𝕱𝖗𝖊𝖊 - 𝕵𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖈𝖆 𝕵𝖚𝖓𝖌 ¨*:·. 𓆩♡𓆪
𝟬:𝟱𝟱 ㅇ──────────────── 𝟯:𝟮𝟲
↺¹ |◁ ▷| ⋮≡
Mar 20, 2021 8:23 PM

Aug 2017
This anime ran out of ideas quickly, they focus on relationships I never cared while its full of clichés and misunderstandings.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 21, 2021 1:40 AM

Apr 2012
Yo this episode was absolute fire. I love it

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 22, 2021 5:06 AM
Mar 2012
Oof Sakura's suffering, such a powerfully animated breakdown too.
Like the personality details it goes into. Yuki's passivity hiding herself both mentally & physically, lots of conflicted dishonesty. Toru always being perceptive and throws these blunt metaphors that Yuki somehow evades. And Sakura earnestly trying hard but failing not of any fault.
Mar 23, 2021 11:04 AM

Jul 2020
I love when the anime focus on the background caracthers because i think they are more intersting among the protagonists, so i am liking more this anime the way the things are now. Besides, i really love how this episode was realistic when two peoples loves one, one is really get hurted, love that perspective.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2021 1:01 PM
May 2020
Brush Yukio really played the victim mentality and did all that to get tooru and still won bruhhh
Mar 23, 2021 5:43 PM

Mar 2018
I felt too many emotions in this episode.

Episode of the season

Good night

Mar 23, 2021 10:28 PM
Jun 2013
Honestly i don't know how anyone can praise this episode, literally ZERO build up or development towards Yuki and Tooru becoming something more than friends while it was the opposite with Sakura, it was fucking out of nowhere, also Yuki being basically a terrible person and getting a reward for reasons, Tooru lines about snow makes no sense at all and sounded mega cringe, not even going to talk much about how toxic Hori is becoming.

Man, this was such a great anime until 2 episodes ago, and now is kinda of falling apart with retarded writing.
Mar 26, 2021 9:08 PM

Jan 2019
I hate that as this anime has gone on my life has stopped being like Miyamura's and more like Sakura's.
Mar 28, 2021 12:26 PM

Feb 2021
definitely my fav ep yet, the story telling upgraded from last ep's one where things seems rushed with the bullying issue and the uncomfortable kink stuff. This one tho felt more real and i like the word play used with both sakura and yuki's name especially how yuki describes it in the roof convo

sakura best girl tho

N2O_Mar 28, 2021 12:35 PM
bam
Mar 28, 2021 6:36 PM

Jul 2020
Is this the best decision Toru could have made? For me yes. But damn it hurts.

Also Toru´s love story is far more interesting than Hori and Miyamura´s. Yeah it´s cute to see for a while but it lacks adrenaline and emotion
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Check my latest web novel on Our Greatest Comeback🦊⛩️ and please drop a like or comment if you liked it!
Mar 30, 2021 2:06 AM

Feb 2019
We started out with quite a hilarious scene lol Kyoko's biggest fear is not girls taking Izumi away but guys haha

Damn, the rest of the episode was more serious than usual. Yuki is cute as hell, especially with her too-long sleeves.

But the final scene hit hard. It was really sad to see Sakura break down like that... I wish both of them would be happy, both Sakura and Yuki.
Mar 30, 2021 12:48 PM

Jul 2014
I have my issues with this series but I really liked this episode. The metaphor/wordplay about the snow (Yuki) and cherry blossoms (Sakura) was great and the "It only hurts more because nobody's in the wrong" is so true.

Poor Sakura though, she deserves better.
Apr 1, 2021 12:34 AM
Jul 2020
It should have been sakura not yuki imo
Apr 2, 2021 3:13 PM

Feb 2015
Y'all can hate Yuki all you want, but Toru wouldn't have chosen Sakura even if Yuki did not lie to her about dating Toru. He's not into Sakura (and there are hints that he's actually into Yuki) and even if you're shipping the both of them, you can't really force someone to return someones feelings just because they are crushing on them.

Hori is getting worse with every episode tho. It's been a while since I've seen such an unlikeable female character. Doesn't help that Miyamura isn't interesting at all, so the both of them kinda make the anime worse instead of better (which is pretty bad for the main characters).
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Apr 18, 2021 4:07 AM

Dec 2013
I still don't care too much for the Yuki drama but I did feel really bad for Sakura when she crying at the end.
Apr 21, 2021 8:35 PM
Sep 2019
wasnt a big fan of yuki in this episode at all tbh, her character just kinda annoys me. especially since i was rooting for toru and sakura way more, this was definitely my least favorite episode yet even if i enjoy this show.
Apr 23, 2021 6:55 AM

May 2020
Nice that Yuki won, but yeah the ending is kinda sad
Apr 24, 2021 3:41 PM

Sep 2011
To be honest I don't really care about Sakura, probably my least liked character, so I'm happy Yuki won, but obviously I still understand how Sakura must feel.
Tooru's snow and sakura metaphor was beautiful, I liked it a lot, and I hope they will end up together by the end. Yuki might have not made the kindest and best choices, but I like her a lot so I feel like they would be great together.

Also, Hori being jealous about guys was hilarious.
May 6, 2021 9:40 AM
Apr 2018
"If you want something, then say so."

Hopefully, YUKI learned something from this, after ISHIKAWA motivated her.
I like how issues are sorted out in one episode.

Btw, i like SNOW ; i like Winter.
May 7, 2021 3:29 AM

Mar 2015
Focus on Yuki in this one! I feel so bad so Sakura :(
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 9, 2021 11:31 PM

Jun 2009
Ugh, focus on the most generic love triangle you can imagine. Really feel like dropping this, but it's only 3 episodes left and I guess I can power through thath.
Jun 20, 2021 6:26 AM

Nov 2014
It's almost funny how almost every character has insecurities about themselves, and they think that others are better than them. I see a lot of that in real life, people really got to know their own value.

Last leg of the show, huh? I did feel that Tooru ending up with Sakura and Akane getting with Yuki would be be too clean an ending. Speaking of unclean endings, I wonder what happens to the dangling ends of Tanihara and Sawada....
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Jul 16, 2021 1:00 AM

Aug 2018
Well, yes, Sakura indeed did quite a lot for her relationship.. Even confessed.. While Yuki is waiting for something.. Well, she's afraid, I guess.. As long as she'll be able to be with Tooru - it is enough for Yuki.. Risking this for something not sure what, for some uncertainty?.. Understandable why you'd not choose to do that..
Jul 21, 2021 1:06 AM

Jul 2015
Hori taking the weird in the relationship to a new level with her fear of Miyamura falling in love with another boy...despite the fact that he is straight. Very sad for Sakura there who stood no chance but props to her for confessing.

Aug 1, 2021 6:44 PM
Aug 2021
hori is homophobic!1!1!1!1 cancel her now!1!1
Aug 15, 2021 12:40 AM

Aug 2019
This episode was a landmine field, my heart rate was increasing by every scene. By far probably my favourite arc of this series, real show of proper character development.

I knew the Sakura, Tooru and Yoshikawa deal was gonna come down hard but i never thought i would feel this, split, over what i wanted the conclusion to be. As painful as it is, a war of love has no rules, theres no play book anyone has to follow. It's obvious Yuki dosen't want to lose Tooru, so she lies to win whats close to her, she lies because her feelings for Tooru are real. The only person to dictate whether that was the best course of action, are her own morals, and frankly, she looks like she's already made her mind up.

To say Yuki got "rewarded" for what she did, feels like pushing it. Feels more like she put her foot down in a way she thought was necessary and in her own way. It felt more like Yuki developed, to finally do something she never seemed to be able to do, take something she wants. She "takes" Tooru, and it's just to bad that Sakura was on the loosing end, but such is life, not everyone's a winner.

Yuki we see as someone who has trouble expressing what she wants and immerses herself in the lie that her and Tooru are "dating", telling Sakura the same lie to prevent something happening. However her feelings from what we can imagine start to finish, are all genuine. When she sees Tooru's text you can see her emotions. She want's Tooru, but can't express it properly.

Sakura on the other hand, again, is arguable trying to win a loosing battle, that she herself knows from her asking Tooru for no answer after he question. All her actions, from start to finish were all genuine, however it's just a case of "wrong place wrong time" did she start falling for Tooru, who arguably Yuki had built a closer relationship to.
I feel like all the cookies she made were nice, but can all of that, compare to the time Yuki and Tooru have spent together? I guess it's really a viewer decision to see which would outweigh the other more.
Personally, one annoying thing in this anime i find, is that it dosen't show what period in time we are currently in (has it been a year since ep1? Half a year? Less / more??) even worse for a situation like this, i feel like not being shown any of the past, therefore not being able to grasp a good understanding of Tooru and Yuki's relationship, has made things harder to conclude to.

Ultimately the decision was up to Tooru. He decided, he chose and i feel like to point fingers here, would wrong.

One thing i'll also say, the symbolism of Yuki recognising shes a bad person due to her actions, comparing herself to cold snow, and Sakura's genuine actions to warm spring was amazing.

The ending scene was emotional. Got me right in the feels, by far an amazing overall show of character development in an anime.
Code0018Aug 15, 2021 12:50 AM
Oct 18, 2021 2:43 AM

Jun 2020
I love how straightforward Hori is usually and how she's a no brainer at most

Focusing Yuki in this episode and her relationship problem that she wants Tooru to herself that she told was a lie well it would hurt Sakura at the very least and she knew it

That messed up my hearing for a bit I was so confused I thought my audio broke, Well there you go one benefits from it one suffers from it.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jan 23, 2021

232 by exho26 »»
May 4, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

407 by Devill4010 »»
May 1, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

152 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2021

165 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2021

216 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 7:41 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.