Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Nov 26, 2017 3:10 AM
Jun 2017
Great episode. I 'm glad when Mio said " dame".
Nov 26, 2017 1:15 PM

Feb 2009
Hello there! Just curious, but does anyone know where this anime is supposed to be located? I mean we all know that Eita Izumi transfered from Fukuoka. But did they mention which city he transfered back to? Does anyone know?

I'm asking because I've been living in Oita-prefecture last year for 6 months and I know for a fact that Fukuoka wasn't that far away from Oita.
DomwiieNov 26, 2017 1:19 PM
Nov 26, 2017 1:39 PM

Aug 2008
The biggest failure of this anime is Eita. Literally obsessed with Natsume with no real reason given as to why.

It'd be one thing if Natsume had anything that made her appealing. But the show only shows her to be mopey mopey and more mopey. Which is fine, and at least she has some ok-ish reasons to be mopey. But why the hell are you so obsessed with her Eita? Do you have some sort of Mopey girl fetish? Also choosing to go to a college of a girl your not going out with and don't even know if you have a chance with is more creepy than romantic.

This is turning into KimiKiss. No matter which girl wins, they both lose because Eita is so lame.
hyperknees91Nov 26, 2017 1:46 PM
Nov 27, 2017 1:20 PM
Oct 2014
I know there's a lot of love for Komiya. But honestly, I don't really like Komiya. I think her maturity level is much lower than the rest of the cast. I was surprised with her maturity to ask Natsume first before asking Eita out, though! Hopefully, we can see her grow into a much more mature and rounded character. I think she has potential.

I thought it was so sweet that Eita went looking for Natsume. It really shows how thoughtful he really is. I'm also glad Natsume is finally realizing how amazing Eita really is.

It is interesting to see how as soon as Eita gave Komiya permission to submit his picture, he had no interest in talking with her. I wonder what that was about. Anyone have some ideas?

I'm excited to see what happens in the next episode! I hope Natsume asks out Eita! It would be pretty rude of her if she didn't since she told Komiya no!
Nov 27, 2017 2:18 PM

Apr 2016
aseray said:
I know there's a lot of love for Komiya. But honestly, I don't really like Komiya. I think her maturity level is much lower than the rest of the cast. I was surprised with her maturity to ask Natsume first before asking Eita out, though! Hopefully, we can see her grow into a much more mature and rounded character. I think she has potential.

I thought it was so sweet that Eita went looking for Natsume. It really shows how thoughtful he really is. I'm also glad Natsume is finally realizing how amazing Eita really is.

It is interesting to see how as soon as Eita gave Komiya permission to submit his picture, he had no interest in talking with her. I wonder what that was about. Anyone have some ideas?

I'm excited to see what happens in the next episode! I hope Natsume asks out Eita! It would be pretty rude of her if she didn't since she told Komiya no!

Nice argument. I'm on the same side. Didn't the scenes with the snow and the train delay remind you of 5 cm per second...

hyperknees91 said:
The biggest failure of this anime is Eita. Literally obsessed with Natsume with no real reason given as to why.

It'd be one thing if Natsume had anything that made her appealing. But the show only shows her to be mopey mopey and more mopey. Which is fine, and at least she has some ok-ish reasons to be mopey. But why the hell are you so obsessed with her Eita? Do you have some sort of Mopey girl fetish? Also choosing to go to a college of a girl your not going out with and don't even know if you have a chance with is more creepy than romantic.

This is turning into KimiKiss. No matter which girl wins, they both lose because Eita is so lame.

I've been wondering about that in the first few eps. I guess it's one of those cases where a reason is hard to explain, like when unless someone makes the decisive move nothing will happen to develop the relationship. Eita's doing his best to show that he likes her, but so far we aren't given much of a reason except that scene where he saw her admiring Soma in middle school. Maybe he wanted to help her get closer to him, since they were best friends, but that could have developed into love.. I don't really know. At least we know it's not a stupid reason like the eraser...
Major_GilbertNov 27, 2017 2:23 PM

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Nov 27, 2017 2:45 PM

Aug 2008
Yeah the eraser was pretty dumb. But funny enough it at least was a "reason", a stupid reason but a reason. Eita has given no reason why he's so obsessed with Natsume. This anime isn't really doing a good job with any of its characters unfortunately.

The only one that's somewhat with an emphasis on "somewhat" believable is Haruto liking Morikawa. Because at the very least she's shown to be a kind person who cares for her family. Might be typical but its something.

Perhaps if the anime spent more time on actually exploring its characters rather than emphasing who likes who so early, then we would get some decent romance here.

Like this episode apparently Natsume has gotten "the short end of the stick" multiple times before. Where is that apparent with her character in the course of this show? It was just a cheap way to make her sympathetic without doing any of the work to make her actually sympathetic.
Nov 27, 2017 6:25 PM

Apr 2015
Domwiie said:
Hello there! Just curious, but does anyone know where this anime is supposed to be located? I mean we all know that Eita Izumi transfered from Fukuoka. But did they mention which city he transfered back to? Does anyone know?

I'm asking because I've been living in Oita-prefecture last year for 6 months and I know for a fact that Fukuoka wasn't that far away from Oita.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/touyokojunrei-yokofuji3/archives/72763176.html
http://blog.livedoor.jp/touyokojunrei-yokofuji3/archives/72677023.html

Fujisawa of Kanagawa it seems?
Nov 27, 2017 7:10 PM

Sep 2011
hyperknees91 said:
Yeah the eraser was pretty dumb. But funny enough it at least was a "reason", a stupid reason but a reason. Eita has given no reason why he's so obsessed with Natsume. This anime isn't really doing a good job with any of its characters unfortunately.

They were friends. They worked together on the student council in middle school. They hung around a lot. He liked her. There doesn't have to be a big reason why. Love is not reasonable. She just pushes his buttons.
Nov 27, 2017 7:47 PM

Aug 2008
scruffykiwi said:
hyperknees91 said:

They were friends. They worked together on the student council in middle school. They hung around a lot. He liked her. There doesn't have to be a big reason why. Love is not reasonable. She just pushes his buttons.

If you ask me this is 101 on how to make a boring romance. You can do it sure, but it's not going to be good as a romance where you can define why the characters like each other and what makes them appealing. Hence why Just Because won't be as good as something like White Album 2. A series that actually did a proper love triangle.

It'd be better if the main character just had a crush on Natsume. But clearly he's raging obsessed with her. That's a bit unreasonable to believe when no adequate reason is given as to why.
hyperknees91Nov 27, 2017 7:55 PM
Nov 27, 2017 7:57 PM

Sep 2011
hyperknees91 said:
scruffykiwi said:

If you ask me this is 101 on how to make a boring romance. You can do it sure, but it's not going to be good as a romance where you can define why the characters like each other and what makes them appealing. Hence why Just Because won't be as good as something like White Album 2. A series that actually did a proper love triangle.

Boring? Well, yes it is! But real life is pretty boring. People generally become friends, get to know each other, then fall in love. White Album 2 may be an exciting romance but there's nothing realistic about it. Just Because seems to be trying to be down to earth and realistic, and for that I applaud it.
Nov 27, 2017 8:14 PM

Aug 2008
scruffykiwi said:
hyperknees91 said:

Boring? Well, yes it is! But real life is pretty boring. People generally become friends, get to know each other, then fall in love. White Album 2 may be an exciting romance but there's nothing realistic about it. Just Because seems to be trying to be down to earth and realistic, and for that I applaud it.

Honey and Clover is realistic. I can clearly say why the characters like each other and what's appealing about all of them.

Also I wouldn't say Eita's actions toward Natsume are very realistic. Let's not forget Natsume liking Haruto because of an Eraser. It's actually borderline absurd. Which is my problem with it.
Nov 27, 2017 8:38 PM
Aug 2012
Sigh we will probably get the reason in the next 1-2 episodes and all this "Bash the MC cuz he doesn't give a damn to my best girl/waifu" BS is going to invalidated.

It's not like you need a 100% uber-realistic reason to like someone. Obviously one can start to like the other person when they spends time with one another and gradually becomes close. It happened in Tsuki ga Kirei remember......

Nov 27, 2017 9:40 PM
Apr 2014
FINALLY an anime where someone says no in that situation. My god, sometimes it's just unbearable to see everyone give the same exact, "Oh, uh, sure (oh but I love him/her)", thing we always get.
Nov 27, 2017 9:40 PM
Jun 2017
i like this episode, especially the last part where Komiya asked Natsume whether she can date Izumi (Eita)? Then Natsume said No... (end of episode)

its a LOVE WAR between 2 girls.... OH I cant wait for next episode... hahaha
Nov 27, 2017 9:43 PM

Dec 2015
#TEAMKOMIYAAAAAA!!!

Nov 28, 2017 12:14 AM
Jan 2016
Watching Ena cuck Natsume was fun while it lasted. The show was obviously going to head in this direction from the start, but man I really like Ena. She deserves better.
Nov 28, 2017 12:25 AM

Dec 2012
hyperknees91 said:

Hahaha you know what funny is?
Komiya also obsessed to Keita for more no reason at all. The random interest to him because a mysterious transfer student, Creepily sudden called out him at first time contact in street, annoyingly asked him to approved the photos despite Eita objection, the strange things why she only nagged Eita? while there is Haruto as well that she could ask and he might approved it, Haruto also has best screenshot scene for resulted home run. Now she suddenly developed feeling to him and want to date him after "constantly look at his photo and creepily stalked him."
So who the one being creepy Eita to Natsume? or Komiya to Eita?
At least Eita being cool keep down his obsession to Natsume while Komiya creepily nagged Eita down.
I hope you are not one of those think Komiya is best girl because that making you silly now.
Nov 28, 2017 1:52 AM
May 2017
hyperknees91 said:
But why the hell are you so obsessed with her Eita? Do you have some sort of Mopey girl fetish?

Well, some of us do :D

I don't understand why should there be some big specific reason for why X likes Y. They already showed us that they were relatively close to each other in the past. This is already more than most of this kind of anime have, where it's day 1, X sees Y for the first time ever aaand LET'S GET MARRIED! Which is again maybe kind of close to real too, or in reality are you walking around with a big checklist:
#1 Looks nice
#2 Has she collected the 523 DRAGON BALLS??
Nov 28, 2017 7:00 AM

Aug 2008
Omnisword said:
hyperknees91 said:

Komiya also obsessed to Keita for more no reason at all. The random interest to him because a mysterious transfer student, Creepily sudden called out him at first time contact in street, annoyingly asked him to approved the photos despite Eita objection, the strange things why she only nagged Eita? while there is Haruto as well that she could ask and he might approved it, Haruto also has best screenshot scene for resulted home run. Now she suddenly developed feeling to him and want to date him after "constantly look at his photo and creepily stalked him."
At least Eita being cool keep down his obsession to Natsume while Komiya creepily nagged Eita down.
I hope you are not one of those think Komiya is best girl because that making you silly now.

Komiya isn't crazy obsessed with eita is what makes it kinda ok. I can accept a minor crush especially since he might be a reason her photography club gets saved. Where it would go to far is if she tried to follow him to the same college or something.

See I can at least list a minor reason on why she might like him. And of course her appeal is already spelled out by eita in this episode. I can't list any reason why eita might like natsume. Which once again would be fine if he wasn't crazy obsessed with her.

I'm not using this to bash natsume either. See at least I can understand why she would like haruto and eita.
imSOunique said:
hyperknees91 said:
But why the hell are you so obsessed with her Eita? Do you have some sort of Mopey girl fetish?

I don't understand why should there be some big specific reason for why X likes Y. They already showed us that they were relatively close to each other in the past. This is already more than most of this kind of anime have, where it's day 1, X sees Y for the first time ever aaand LET'S GET MARRIED! Which is again maybe kind of close to real too, or in reality are you walking around with a big checklist:
#1 Looks nice

Because without reason you get school days or twilight level story telling. You can't just have the characters have extreme feelings with no justification when writing a story.
Nov 28, 2017 7:17 AM

May 2017
wtf lol for the first time, I respect Mio a little with that comeback "no you can't" lol unlike before, just sulking while not doing shit, she's got balls now, I still want Ena to win. Let's all hope this wouldn't be cliche for the poster girl

#TeamEna
Nov 28, 2017 9:13 AM

Apr 2015
hyperknees91 said:
Omnisword said:

Komiya isn't crazy obsessed with eita is what makes it kinda ok. I can accept a minor crush especially since he might be a reason her photography club gets saved. Where it would go to far is if she tried to follow him to the same college or something.

See I can at least list a minor reason on why she might like him. And of course her appeal is already spelled out by eita in this episode. I can't list any reason why eita might like natsume. Which once again would be fine if he wasn't crazy obsessed with her.

I'm not using this to bash natsume either. See at least I can understand why she would like haruto and eita.
imSOunique said:

#1 Looks nice

Because without reason you get school days or twilight level story telling. You can't just have the characters have extreme feelings with no justification when writing a story.

It's perfectly plausible in this setting though. Problems arise when a character suddenly starts liking another without any events; Izumi clearly liked her, and pretty realistically so, from the start, so it isn't really a problem.
And reading the eraser thingy as a full reason for infatuation may be overdoing it, it's simply a catalyst. It's not that they made Natsume go full redface after that particular event, right?
Nov 28, 2017 9:56 AM

Aug 2008

It's perfectly plausible in this setting though. Problems arise when a character suddenly starts liking another without any events; Izumi clearly liked her, and pretty realistically so, from the start, so it isn't really a problem.
And reading the eraser thingy as a full reason for infatuation may be overdoing it, it's simply a catalyst. It's not that they made Natsume go full redface after that particular event, right?

Like said if he just had a crush, sure. This isn't just a crush he's stupidly obsessed with her. It's dumb to expect the audience to just buy eita is going to go out of his way to go to the same college as her when he already has a recommendation. Especially when he isn't going out with her and has no clue if he even has a chance. If your character is that devoted to another character there needs to be good reason behind it.
Nov 28, 2017 11:37 AM
Sep 2015
Izumi-senpai met Komiya and let her use his photo for the competition.

Eita helped Mio to catch the train and helped her review Japanese history. I was feeling sorry for that girl, but it's good that Eita was there to encourage her. ❤

Tbh I ship Natsume with Eita. In my opinion, Komiya sucks
Nov 28, 2017 2:05 PM

Jan 2014
Komiya is a riot again, Natsume a headwrecker, and Izumi is getting closer and closer to that MVP of the season award (lol, he has more chance of winning an award than komiya).

It was striking how Natsume obsessed over Haruto's eraser for years, yet only briefly remembers the umbrella and all the other support Izumi gave her in a situational flashback.

Also, I have a theory that Izumi isn't actually studying to do the entrance exam to Natsume's preferred university, but rather that he is studying to be able to prep her. Knowing how she always suffers bad luck at these critical moments, he might have taken it upon himself to become her contingency plan.

Aversa said:
And Izumi might change his feelings for her.

I'd say he allready has. He liked her in middle school, now he sticks to those feelings out of loyalty, pushed also by his environment (Haruto), but it's really more of an obligation than love, even though he doesn't fully realize this yet. He didn't even recognize her when he saw her again after three years, and he is quite critical of her stance in life, though he continues to back her up.

@Hinata @Anathor @Sos_Help We should get into a Izumi x Komiya MAL support club (>.<)
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Nov 28, 2017 2:13 PM

Jan 2014
@hyperknees91 @Lanz

Isn't getting obsessed just what teenagers do when they're in love, or when they are excited about something (like photography)? It's not the most emotionally balanced age group you know.

Also, @hyperknees91 read my previous post about Izumi's "loyalty", and tell me what you think.
- Mishima Hitomi
Nov 28, 2017 3:02 PM

Aug 2008
Laionidas said:
@hyperknees91 @Lanz

Isn't getting obsessed just what teenagers do when they're in love, or when they are excited about something (like photography)? It's not the most emotionally balanced age group you know.

Also, @hyperknees91 read my previous post about Izumi's "loyalty", and tell me what you think.

I mean if this is the case then fair enough. But I kinda highly doubt it. It also seems a bit absurd regardless that he would go to all that extra effort. But it would be more believable for sure if that was the case.

And once again yes teenagers are highly emotional (I should know I've been there done that). But there should still be some narrative logic to justify why they take the course of actions they do. When you refuse to do this, you get School Days, and we never need crap like that. It would be like me defending it by saying "Well there are plenty of people really that stupid in real life".

Basically in a nutshell, writing is meant to be interesting rather than say a 1 to 1 representation of real life.
Nov 28, 2017 8:09 PM

Dec 2012
hyperknees91 said:

Stop deluding yourself buddy.
You know the truth, Komiya is obsessed to Keita. If she not obsessed then she should stop bothers Keita and find A WAY to save her so concerned club, but no...she didn't.
She keep bothering Keita even there is the fact Haruto who she also meet everyday in school but she didn't bother to ask for his help. Which frankly strange, Eita is transfer student that she BARELY know and Haruto is her senpai that she should know a BIT she should ask Haruto instead Keita for help.
Here the question:
In which part Eita is obssesed to Mio? If Eita obsessed to Mio he should being aggressive to cut down Natsume crush on Haruto from beginning, but no...he didn't. Rather being obsessed, i say Eita being concerned to Mio.
Nov 28, 2017 10:14 PM
Aug 2012
Eita and Mio were friends and even Natsume's family (at least her sister) approves of him and trusts him. They spent time together, Eita probably supported her during her unfortunates cases as much as he could, saw her hardworking side (despite all the unfortunates cases happening and indecisive complains she still worked hard instead of giving up) and charms and started to like her............a very plausible scenario. Mio is much less reserved around him as well so that helps too.

Mio is Eita's friend and crush. We already saw he goes out of his way to help Haruto. How is doing the same for Mio turned into obsession? Is it because she is his crush? The way he went out to help instead of sitting on his ass like everyone else is praiseworthy and still falls within his character because he would have done the same even if she was only his friend.

Btw someone who suddenly shouts at the unknown transfer student, stalks or rather follows (waifu don't stalk right) him around inside and outside school, gets into his personal space despite Eita not liking it (no he is not tsundere), blackmails him and doesn't respect peoples privacy much by sending around photos, is heavily borderlining on being a obsessed stalker. But people find stalker girls cute (lol) so it's somehow OK, strange tastes are all around i guess.

There was always the option of asking Haruto's picture as a fallback instead of stalking and blackmailing Eita right? Guess someone didn't think that...........

Of course Eita is obsessed for helping out his friend and crush but Komiya isn't crazy obsessed despite facts proving otherwise. Man Komiya obsessed people really need to see the light instead of bashing Eita or Natsume..........
Dragon_Slayer_XNov 28, 2017 10:17 PM

Nov 29, 2017 12:57 AM
Nov 2017
I don't think Natsume really has feelings for Soma. All she wanted to do was to give back him the eraser he lent to her back in the middle school. Don't you guys think so? I really wish to be Natsume X Eita. :(
And BTW ep8 is not going to be delayed right. :)
Nov 29, 2017 2:08 AM

Jan 2014
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Mio is Eita's friend and crush. We already saw he goes out of his way to help Haruto. How is doing the same for Mio turned into obsession? Is it because she is his crush? The way he went out to help instead of sitting on his ass like everyone else is praiseworthy and still falls within his character because he would have done the same even if she was only his friend.

Good point, but then I've been on the simple "Izumi = MVP" side all along.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Btw someone who suddenly shouts at the unknown transfer student, stalks or rather follows (waifu don't stalk right) him around inside and outside school, gets into his personal space despite Eita not liking it (no he is not tsundere), blackmails him and doesn't respect peoples privacy much by sending around photos, is heavily borderlining on being a obsessed stalker. But people find stalker girls cute (lol) so it's somehow OK, strange tastes are all around i guess.

There was always the option of asking Haruto's picture as a fallback instead of stalking and blackmailing Eita right? Guess someone didn't think that...........

Of course Eita is obsessed for helping out his friend and crush but Komiya isn't crazy obsessed despite facts proving otherwise. Man Komiya obsessed people really need to see the light instead of bashing Eita or Natsume..........

I like bashing Natsume too, but not because of her supposed obsession. It's her indecisiveness that makes me dislike her. Unlike most series, virtually all characters in this anime are able to separate their crushes from their friendships and school careers. Izumi acts like an MVP, but so does Haruto, as do Morikawa (she initially reconsiders her answer out of understanding for Haruto and is honest about her feelings), Yoriko (really, all she's done so far is support everyone else), Komiya (she asks Natsume for permission, and supports Izumi pursuing Natsume), Natsume's friends, and all supporting adult characters so far. Natsume though, tries to support others but fails miserably. Intentially or unintentionally, her indecisiveness is sabotaging others. She messed up in middle school with Haruto, she messed up in high school with Haruto, and bear in mind that Izumi was the transfer, so she had three years; three years without either Izumi or Morikawa in the picture, and now she is messing up with Izumi and Komiya too. She tries to support Haruto and Morikawa, but manages to barge in and refuse to leave on every critical moment (like to "return an eraser"). Finally, she has been completely blind for the support she received all these years from Izumi, completely denies his investments (shrine visit), yet claims him, as soon as the slightest competition appears.

Anyway, regarding the obsession, I think that if you cut Izumi and Natsume some slack, you should be a bit more lenient to Komiya too.

hyperknees91 said:
It would be like me defending it by saying "Well there are plenty of people really that stupid in real life".

That would in fact be 100% realistic! =P

I get your point though.

Omnisword said:
If Eita obsessed to Mio he should being aggressive to cut down Natsume crush on Haruto from beginning,..

Not getting into the general argument of whether or not Izumi's affection for Natsume, crosses the line of obsession, - obsession or no obsession, I think his attitude is normal for a teenager - but you can be obsessive and still be MVP.

You're mixing up obsessiveness with possessiveness. There exists obsessive non-possessive love, as well as non-obsessive possessive love (though the latter is slightly rare).

Superior_ice said:
I don't think Natsume really has feelings for Soma.

(...)

Don't you guys think so?

I don't think Natsume knows herself. That's the effing problem!
- Mishima Hitomi
Nov 29, 2017 2:41 AM
Aug 2012
Laionidas said:

Anyway, regarding the obsession, I think that if you cut Izumi and Natsume some slack, you should be a bit more lenient to Komiya too.

I personally find Komiya annoying tbh......but i wouldn't let that come into play. But Eita's reaction mirrors mine........what can we do.

Still i had to point this out since some people worship her and forget the faults. Her obsession with her club to the point of annoying people and invading their personal space isn't something admirable either. Also add "Bash the MC for not liking my waifu" tantrums there......

As for Mio, after the last few episodes, i.e. advising Morikawa, giving up on her childish crush, the monologue from Eita and she herself finally realizing that how important Eita is to her, all this events already showed that she is developing as a character. I believe we can cut her some slack after all the events. Also let's be honest, whether Mio said "Yes" or "No", the result would be the same since Eita doesn't care much about Komiya and people would have complained about Mio being indecisive again.

Laionidas said:

Natsume though, tries to support others but fails miserably. Intentially or unintentionally, her indecisiveness is sabotaging others.

She tries to support Haruto and Morikawa, but manages to barge in and refuse to leave on every critical moment (like to "return an eraser").

Her indecisiveness only hurts her, considering how many things go wrong for her at critical moments, we can't blame her for having a inferiority complex.

But no it's not sabotaging others. Her advise to Morikawa actually helped them move forward and Eita later helped out from his side as well.

Blaming her is wrong because Haruto and Morikawa are in a better footing now and Mio gave up on crush as well. So no she actually helped them out here.

Laionidas said:

now she is messing up with Izumi and Komiya too.

This is again, pardon me for saying way too wrong. Eita has a crush on Mio and Komiya is 100% sure to get rejected since Eita has 0 interest in her romantically and finds her annoying/overbearing.

Mio has nothing to do with this. It's a simple fact. Her saying "yes" or "no" doesn't matter but she showed decisiveness this time so that is great.

Laionidas said:

Finally, she has been completely blind for the support she received all these years from Izumi, completely denies his investments (shrine visit), yet claims him, as soon as the slightest competition appears.

You may have read or heard countless stories/talks about how people realizing their BF is more supportive/better than their significant other. You get a case of like that here. After giving up on her crush, Mio isn't blind about herself and Eita anymore and started to realize her importance.

Same goes for Eita, his character is consistent and his devotion to his friends and crush is admirable. Except for one time, he normally takes the supportive role (instead of the usual MCs). He even complied to Komiya's blackmailing for Haruto's sake. The latest episode just solidified my likeness for him.
Dragon_Slayer_XNov 29, 2017 3:08 AM

Nov 29, 2017 2:54 AM

Jan 2014
@Dragon_Slayer_X

Yeah, I can relate to Izumi too, and I myself am not bashing him.

Komiya I like because she takes initiative. That doesn't make every stunt she pulls O.K. I think the scene with the cops was there to illustrate that.

Natsume is developping as a character indeed, but she is developping a little too late. Like I said, she had middle school, she had three years without either Izumi or Morikawa, and she has had a fair bit of time again now.

Meanwhile Komiya is seen reflecting on her own feelings, not knowing what it is, realizing she might care for Izumi, decide upon it, and taking Natsume's feelings into consideration, ask for the latter's permission to ask Izumi out literally a scene later.

The same can be said about Morikawa. She rejects Haruto, sees she was too blunt, subsequently realises she might also have given the wrong answer, and acts upon it.

After all that, what has Natsume achieved, how has she developped? She has managed to return an eraser and realise she doesn't like another girl dating Izumi. Congrats!
- Mishima Hitomi
Nov 29, 2017 3:14 AM
Aug 2012
Komiya's crush isn't any different than the so-called eraser people keep bashing Mio with tbh. Someone helped them out in their time of need, hence they developed a crush.

Mio gave up on her crush and started to be decisive about what she wants. That is already a big step for her considering she is always faced with accidents in critical moments hence being enveloped in a negative spiral.

Sorry for me she way much a better character to root than stalker girl. Besides Eita likes her and has 0 interest in the other one.....i care more about who the MC likes.

Nov 29, 2017 7:53 AM

Aug 2008
Omnisword said:
hyperknees91 said:

Stop deluding yourself buddy.
You know the truth, Komiya is obsessed to Keita. If she not obsessed then she should stop bothers Keita and find A WAY to save her so concerned club, but no...she didn't.
She keep bothering Keita even there is the fact Haruto who she also meet everyday in school but she didn't bother to ask for his help. Which frankly strange, Eita is transfer student that she BARELY know and Haruto is her senpai that she should know a BIT she should ask Haruto instead Keita for help.
Here the question:
In which part Eita is obssesed to Mio? If Eita obsessed to Mio he should being aggressive to cut down Natsume crush on Haruto from beginning, but no...he didn't. Rather being obsessed, i say Eita being concerned to Mio.

I already said why. Eita has a recommendation to a college and goes out of his way to study to get into a college for a girl he's not even going out with. This is along with the fact we have no idea why he even likes natsume so much.

Komiya on the other hand has a strong infatuation yes. But she's not making like absurd life choices over him. If it gets to that level I would agree with you. But even then if his photo ends up saving her club it would still "somewhat" makes sense.
Nov 29, 2017 10:40 AM
Aug 2017
I really liked the episode despite that it has been over a week since number 6 came. Being informed about the problems from the director, it still was a decent episode. I'm hoping that the director isn't struggling too much. Of course, I'm looking forward to watch the next episode. The ending made me much more excited but you can kinda guess how everything will go from a certain point of time.
Nov 30, 2017 3:23 AM
May 2017
hyperknees91 said:
Eita has a recommendation to a college and goes out of his way to study to get into a college for a girl he's not even going out with.

Does he though? I have no idea how Japanese school system works, but then shouldn't he have taken the central test from history as well?

Anyways he might just be keeping more options open. He already has a recommendation so he can try without being under too much pressure. Maybe Natsume's university is better than the one he got recommendation for, or going out or not, at a new place it is good to have people you get on well with.

At us we could have a list of universities we applied for. So now #1 Natsume's university, #2 the one he got recommendation for. So if he can't or don't want to get in #1 he still has #2. He tries to confess or something in the near future and if it goes wrong, he changes the order of the universities (we had the option to change the order once).
imSOuniqueNov 30, 2017 3:31 AM
Nov 30, 2017 4:58 AM

Aug 2008
imSOunique said:
hyperknees91 said:
Eita has a recommendation to a college and goes out of his way to study to get into a college for a girl he's not even going out with.

Does he though? I have no idea how Japanese school system works, but then shouldn't he have taken the central test from history as well?

Anyways he might just be keeping more options open. He already has a recommendation so he can try without being under too much pressure. Maybe Natsume's university is better than the one he got recommendation for, or going out or not, at a new place it is good to have people you get on well with.

At us we could have a list of universities we applied for. So now #1 Natsume's university, #2 the one he got recommendation for. So if he can't or don't want to get in #1 he still has #2. He tries to confess or something in the near future and if it goes wrong, he changes the order of the universities (we had the option to change the order once).

The thing is he's clearly just doing this because he likes natsume. When you know he could just save himself a whole lot of hassle by just confessing to her while in high school.

It's moronic really. What's he going to do if she declines him in college (yes we know she wont). Now he's put himself in an incredibly awkward position for no reason.

Even haruto isn't this stupid.
Nov 30, 2017 12:13 PM
May 2017
hyperknees91 said:
It's moronic really. What's he going to do if she declines him in college (yes we know she wont). Now he's put himself in an incredibly awkward position for no reason.

What's so incredibly awkward about it? If she declines him, then they will attend the same university and maybe never even see each other again (I guess he's applying for a different course, since they don't take the same tests), the university is a big place.

And probably he will confess here in highschool, and if it's a success then he takes the tests etc, and if he gets dumped then leaves the whole thing and goes to the university with recommendation.
Nov 30, 2017 12:45 PM

Aug 2008
imSOunique said:
hyperknees91 said:

What's so incredibly awkward about it? If she declines him, then they will attend the same university and maybe never even see each other again (I guess he's applying for a different course, since they don't take the same tests), the university is a big place.

And probably he will confess here in highschool, and if it's a success then he takes the tests etc, and if he gets dumped then leaves the whole thing and goes to the university with recommendation.

Deciding which university your going to based on a girl your not going out with is insanely stupid and a waste of time if you have a recommendation. Watch episode 8, at least the show is self aware. But it doesn't make it ok.

Plus its kinda creepy obsessive and kinda unhealthy at the same time.

Think about it. What does Eita think going to the same college is even going to do? Why doesn't he just confess now? Is going to the same college magically going to give him the courage to confess?

The whole plot point is written in because its basically spelling out for the viewer that Komiya has no chance because Eita is super obsessed with Natsume.
hyperknees91Nov 30, 2017 12:54 PM
Dec 1, 2017 1:48 AM
May 2017
hyperknees91 said:
Deciding which university your going to based on a girl your not going out with is insanely stupid and a waste of time if you have a recommendation. Watch episode 8, at least the show is self aware. But it doesn't make it ok.

Plus its kinda creepy obsessive and kinda unhealthy at the same time.

Think about it. What does Eita think going to the same college is even going to do? Why doesn't he just confess now? Is going to the same college magically going to give him the courage to confess?

The whole plot point is written in because its basically spelling out for the viewer that Komiya has no chance because Eita is super obsessed with Natsume.

Yep, it is not quite rational, but well, people often don't make rational choices.
But from my viewpoint all Eita is doing is "trading" a lot of studying for the chance if Natsume likes him back and then they get to go to the same university. From an outsider viewpoint it probably does not worth it, but Eita does it, because it does worth it for him. It may be creepy and obsessive, but well, people are like that sometimes. And yes, the show is aware of it, since in ep8 Haruto is quite surprised as well.
Anyways he does not risk his whole future, since for a good while he still can back out and just go to the university with recommendation, and probably Natsume's #1 university is at least as good as his university with recommendation, since it is #1 on her list.

Yep, we don't exactly know why Eita won't just confess already, and only plans it in university.
Maybe it's because then Haruto won't be around. Yes, as a viewer we kind of see the whole picture, but the characters does not. We know that Natsume is obviously done with Haruto, well it is probably not as obvious to Eita.

After seeing ep8 I think Komiya has a decent chance, since they get on well with each other, and Eita and Natsume are getting kinda cold.
Dec 1, 2017 3:04 AM

Oct 2015
hyperknees91 said:
scruffykiwi said:

Honey and Clover is realistic. I can clearly say why the characters like each other and what's appealing about all of them.

Also I wouldn't say Eita's actions toward Natsume are very realistic. Let's not forget Natsume liking Haruto because of an Eraser. It's actually borderline absurd. Which is my problem with it.
people fall in love in the weirdest/simplest ways tbh, I think even Natsume felt pretty bad/stupid when she realized that Eita helped her more than anyone else.(flashback)
Dec 1, 2017 3:52 AM
Jan 2016
Nice to see that Ena isn't just sitting back and getting cuck, but actually going on the attack. She is by far best girl. Also good to see that Ena and Izumi's relationship is actually progressing, and her feelings aren't just falling on deaf ears.
It'd honestly be disappointing if Izumi just ended up with Natsume. She got over her middle school crush on Souma, so hopefully he can get over his crush on her.
Dec 1, 2017 3:52 AM
Jan 2016
Nice to see that Ena isn't just sitting back and getting cucked, but actually going on the attack. She is by far best girl. Also good to see that Ena and Izumi's relationship is actually progressing, and her feelings aren't just falling on deaf ears.
It'd honestly be disappointing if Izumi just ended up with Natsume. She got over her middle school crush on Souma, so hopefully he can get over his crush on her.
Dec 1, 2017 4:53 AM

Aug 2008
EGOIST said:
hyperknees91 said:

people fall in love in the weirdest/simplest ways tbh, I think even Natsume felt pretty bad/stupid when she realized that Eita helped her more than anyone else.(flashback)

I'm ok with weird. What I'm not ok with is no reason being given at all. The writer is just being lazy here.

Like said it makers sense for natsume to like eita but not the other way around.

Yep, it is not quite rational, but well, people often don't make rational choices.
But from my viewpoint all Eita is doing is "trading" a lot of studying for the chance if Natsume likes him back and then they get to go to the same university. From an outsider viewpoint it probably does not worth it, but Eita does it, because it does worth it for him. It may be creepy and obsessive, but well, people are like that sometimes. And yes, the show is aware of it, since in ep8 Haruto is quite surprised as well.
Anyways he does not risk his whole future, since for a good while he still can back out and just go to the university with recommendation, and probably Natsume's #1 university is at least as good as his university with recommendation, since it is #1 on her list.

Yep, we don't exactly know why Eita won't just confess already, and only plans it in university.
Maybe it's because then Haruto won't be around. Yes, as a viewer we kind of see the whole picture, but the characters does not. We know that Natsume is obviously done with Haruto, well it is probably not as obvious to Eita.

Well remember my base issue with all of this. It's not that a character "can't" perform these actions. It's that if you want a character to perform irrational actions. You have to make the audience understand why they came to those conclusions. The biggest problem is we have been given no reason why he even likes her in the first place. Much less why he likes her to such a degree. Sure we can make up logical loopholes, but we are doing too much work for the writer here already. This isn't being handholdy as much as providing basic information to the audience. Especially when Eita himself otherwise seems like a rational character its just too much.

Like for example the Last Game manga. The MC does the same thing as Eita here. However they establish why he likes her so much, and also he himself acknowledges he's obsessed with the girl so its played to comical effect. See all the work is done and I can understand the action of my character as rediculous as it might be.

We can't just use the "well it can be that way in real life" excuse. That's not what writing is about. It's about communicating a story to the audience. This is why School Days is so bad in first place because none of the actions of any of the characters make sense without going through crazy logical loopholes that the writer never communicated in the first place.
hyperknees91Dec 1, 2017 5:17 AM
Dec 1, 2017 6:11 AM
May 2017
hyperknees91 said:
Well remember my base issue with all of this. It's not that a character "can't" perform these actions. It's that if you want a character to perform irrational actions. You have to make the audience understand why they came to those conclusions. The biggest problem is we have been given no reason why he even likes her in the first place. Much less why he likes her to such a degree. Sure we can make up logical loopholes, but we are doing too much work for the writer here already. This isn't being handholdy as much as providing basic information to the audience. Especially when Eita himself otherwise seems like a rational character its just too much.

Eita probably thought it through and came to the conclusion that the effort of preparing to the entrance exam worth it to have the option of going to Natsume's university and have a chance to go out with her. Since he already has a recommendation he can't really lose anything.
This way it is not irrational.

We can debate on how obsessed Eita with Natsume is: apart from taking an unnecessary entrance exam, he doesn't seem to be particularly crazy, and he went on a date with an other girl (not so serious date, but still). The reason of exactly why does he like Natsume is 'Just Because', but there probably will be some flashbacks in the future episodes to enlighten us.
imSOuniqueDec 1, 2017 6:22 AM
Dec 3, 2017 1:44 PM

Jul 2009
Natsume is jealous and Komiya noticed her feelings now...
Natsume sure have no luck in important days.
Dec 6, 2017 4:33 PM

May 2016
Natsume is so self-centered, I hope Eita ends with Ena <3
People asked me where I read certain thing but the rules say no telling where did you read so maybe I am too boring for not saying? Or salty because you didn't check my profile that says don't ask because I hate people to ghost me after that. I love learning languages so maybe I did not read the manga in English?

Dec 7, 2017 7:14 PM

Nov 2009
Finding Natsume a bit odd to be honest since she stuck out as miserable early on, now her feelings are all over the place and I can't even see what could have triggered that at all, she is on an extreme level of indecisiveness when it comes to what she wants.
Dec 10, 2017 3:14 AM
Dec 2017
Today I took some pictures of the scenes of episode 7 at the real place (Seichi Junrei).
These are in Fujisawa St. and next building.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p12op4nrgaoogij/AADtTxlo3uM8N0LRKJr3UMxOa?dl=0

I love Episode 7 because Natsume’ s real feeling is naturally exposed.
sobabanDec 15, 2017 3:53 PM
Dec 11, 2017 5:38 AM
Dec 2012
I didn't expect the "no, you can't" at the end.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2017

355 by jasutin_hoshi »»
Jul 16, 12:27 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2017

135 by venbals »»
May 17, 10:51 PM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2017

112 by DeBritto »»
Apr 13, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2017

110 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 17, 2:44 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2017

145 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 17, 2:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.