Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 25, 2017 10:55 PM
Oct 2011
Tehhamstagamargh said:
Now i just want mecha boy/girl? they're voiced by a girl but look like a boy so?

Yeah, as a mecha fan I'm looking forward to the mecha character.

I agree though LOL, that's the question lol.

Also looking forward to the old man since cyberpunk characters like him are usually cool, like Tomomi Masaoka from Psycho-Pass, hopefully he's that kind of dude.

LobsterRyoma said:
Low_Ki said:
Took me ages to figure out why them discussing the different physics of their worlds and influences of their creators in the rules sounded familiar and I realised I'd heard something similar in the last place I'd expect: an old 90's movie called the Last Action Hero.

Confirmed. The writers are well-aware of that movie. Link

The said transcript:

Nice.
DangerMouseDMApr 25, 2017 11:27 PM
Apr 26, 2017 7:53 AM

Apr 2016
I'm starting to really like this anime, and the character while the last minute seems promissing hehe.

YumeNoMonogatari said:
Meteora is really cute.

Too cute yeah !

Also the fights between creator and " creation " are so funny xD

❝ They went looking for the gods,
and died in lonely places ❞
Apr 26, 2017 8:37 AM

Jul 2015
Another boring episode, and still don't know where would the series go.
Hope it could give more story on next episodes
Apr 26, 2017 4:03 PM
Sep 2016
I want to like this but the writing won't let me. From the previews it gave the impression of a battle royale but the episodes are mostly just talking heads. I don't mind dialogue at all, because Kado is my favourite show this season, but I suppose I just find the characters are their conversations real boring and often redundant. Meteora is like watching Inaho all over again(and this is from the same director too). Sure the girls are pretty but the show needs more than that. And unfortunately even when it has cool fights I don't even know why they are happening(hello Mamika what were you even doing?)

And I feel plot holes are piling up(what happened to Sota's mother? Why does she not know he had two girls living with him? Where did they even stay? Why does Marine instantly believe this story? How come they aren't in the news for property damage? Civilians clearly saw Meteora stop debris at the very least. In the age of smartphones how could no one have gotten footage of girls flying around? Why does no one reprimand them?)
Apr 26, 2017 6:46 PM

Jul 2009
I almost cried when Mirokuji left! NOOOO come back! You're one of the interesting characters!!!!
Apr 26, 2017 8:44 PM

Mar 2011
if there's one thing i've learned from series with characters like this, it's that the first "villain" to show up is usually the opposite lol
Apr 26, 2017 10:35 PM
Jul 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7DOcU1BfRs

new episode preview up. Looks like this is more world building plus interactions with Marine.

Episode title suggests that we may get more on Gunpuku no Himegimi.

Meteora eating is also becoming a meme very quickly, and an annoying one at that.
Apr 27, 2017 1:38 AM
Feb 2012
this show looked and started interesting but so far it feels like a light novel adaptation with the usual mediocre tropes associated with those type of adaptations
Apr 27, 2017 5:08 PM

Nov 2012
Re:Creators is doing quite well in my opinion. In comparison to many other Spring Anime, it's really interesting. Ei Aoki + Jun Nakai + Rei Hiroe + Sawano Hiroyuki are an epic combo. The show might add up to a solid 8/10 score.
The 3rd episode was definitely slower than the first 2. Didn't feel like a filler though. It was rather necessary and gave us some crucial information. The music's very good overall, same with the visuals. I too lol'ed when she failed to gain a new power. It was probably the first time using Sawano's track in such a humorous way. I doubt that their powers can be changed in any way once they came into our world. New attemps are probably all going to fail.
Unfortunately, I have to agree with aber's view on the plot holes. They really should address them or their series is not going to be believable enough. I'm still hoping for explanations.
The biggest mystery is how it became possible for these characters to come to our world. Were they chosen by Himegimi? Is it because they were the most popular? What triggered these events?
It may be, that Setsuna was Souta's sister or acquaintance and he was one of the people that provoked her tragic suicide. We basically don't know anything about the glasses girl. I still regard Himegimi's time travel as a possibility. If Souta was her Creator (or one of), why doesn't he recognise her? He should really try searching the Internet. Maybe only Setsuna was her Creator and the military uniform girl just somehow remembers her friend, a beginning artist. Souta's started lagging with drawing because of her death. I have no serious idea why she committed suicide. Was it because she couldn't bare the responsibility of deciding the fate of living beings? Was Himegimi freed because of her author's death? Why can she freely move between worlds?
The flying soldier woman wants to persuade the Creators to change their works which may not be so easy as a lot of people in our world must probably accept those changes and keep buying and watching all this stuff. Are only some fictional worlds coming to life or all are? What about the completely ridiculous or underdeveloped ones?
CoxphireApr 27, 2017 5:14 PM
Apr 28, 2017 5:08 AM
Apr 2017
Not much action like last time, but was still enjoyable. I like how they played the music right before failing that technique. lol.

Apr 28, 2017 5:20 AM

Aug 2015
So far there're 5 characters from another world appeared, More world building next episode is fine for me in that way it'll not be confusing af in the later episodes.
Apr 28, 2017 11:52 AM

Feb 2016
Hope to get good later on
Apr 28, 2017 5:30 PM

Nov 2013
The series is pretty dull, but honestly the character design of this series (ironically) is really nice. I absolutely love the way the soldierlike girl looks.
May 1, 2017 9:53 AM
Sep 2011
I assume that Setsuna is the blue haired girl who suicided at the start of 1st episode and was also the "little sister" of the MC. As for the "Creator" of the "military uniform girl", that can be either the MC or His little sister Setsuna who suicided...
May 1, 2017 2:18 PM

Apr 2015
I'm rooting so hard for Selestia and mc for some reason hahaha.

I just don't want her to leave ='(
May 4, 2017 7:13 AM

Feb 2011
ToskiHero said:

"But Daddy, I wanna be like all the cool LN protagonists out there!"

"Sweetie, I just don't want you to be influenced by all those dense beta-male MCs that are out there. As your Creator and loving father, I just want what's best for you, that's all."

May I ask where you are watching the anime at? The color and video quality look a lot better than amazons.
May 6, 2017 8:22 PM

Feb 2013
Another kinda slow episode. Need action like the first episode.

It seems it isn't so easy to change things.
May 16, 2017 6:28 AM

May 2015
Typical "blah, blah" episode.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 21, 2017 4:32 AM

Jul 2009
I wonder what have to happens to the Creator be able to make Celestia stronger....
That end...seems that it's not the 1st time that military girl meets Souta...
Jun 2, 2017 12:36 PM

Jun 2013
How independent is the Creation from the Creator? How much inlfuence do the Creator and the fans have on the Creation? Can a Creation choose their own path, even outside of their story?

A more reserved episode after the action-packed introduction, but I liked it. Meteora is my favorite, I just love her analytical, strategic approach to everything. Celestia is also growing on me, the passage about her finally being able to smell things was great.

The two seem to be coping with the situation from different angles: Meteora believes in fate, and Celestia opts to face things at her own pace.

This show kind of reminds me of Log Horizon in its themes. And that's a good thing 'cause I really dig Log Horizon.
LeeTailorJun 2, 2017 1:27 PM
Jun 26, 2017 3:44 PM

Sep 2015
So yeah Souta's even more worthless and pointless now? So they had to reaffirm his relevance by connecting the villain to him at the end. Also Mamika spying on the antagonist was pretty funny to me for some reason. I will praise this episode though. I liked Yuya, straight out of SMT/Persona as he is. And I liked the exposition in this episode a lot more than the previous one. There were some real genuine points of interest in the endless discussions here. Like the difference in how each character feels about the artificiality of their world.

And the experiments to see if the creators could change their physically manifested characters. As well as just the basic realizations that for instance Selesia comes from her anime adaptation. And she is bound to the rules set forth specifically in that. And that each character has been granted flesh for leaving an impact on the public consciousness. It may have some narrative quirks I find tiresome. But this is a fairly conceptually solid show, with a thoughtful premise. If nothing else.
Jun 30, 2017 12:31 PM

Feb 2015
They're just going to ignore the fact they destroyed part of the city during that fight last episode? If the show's not going to care, why should I?

And well, it's just another episode full with boring dialogue. All they really achieved is figuring out they aren't so easily able to alter the design of the character. Did that really require the full 20 minutes?

All I'm seeing is an ocean of wasted potential. An idea that could've been made into something awesome, but is ruined by bad pacing and boring dialogue.
Jun 30, 2017 4:23 PM

Nov 2012
Milennin said:
They're just going to ignore the fact they destroyed part of the city during that fight last episode? If the show's not going to care, why should I?

I consider the show as a whole quite realistic (in comparison to most fantasy/sf anime) but it startled me too. They keep mum about the fights effects on the city. Notably about what happened much further than the 3rd episode.
Jul 14, 2017 2:21 AM

Jul 2016
"If it ain't canon, it doesn't count!"- the fans on Death Battle
Well, you happy now?!

So we finally get a breather and head over to a cafe and then the illustrator's house. We were so pumped with adrenaline, so I understand for the sudden slow pace. We finally get to know a little more about Gary Oak here and he introduces the concept of revision, an ability a creator has over a creation. The four meet the illustrator's house to check this theory out, but it won't be as quick. They give the art and context of the new move, only for it to fail. As it turns out, since Selesia's from an anime it has to be aired and considered CANON to be implemented. This cracked me up. Imagine your creation RIGHT there and he needs an ass-pull, but since that part didn't air yet, he can't do it!
I wonder what would happen if Kirito got out at episode 3? Now THAT'S what I want!

We also get a glimpse of Himegimi, gazing at the stars, talking to her 'friend' about meeting Sota. The Comix Zone references are getting denser!!!
ONWARDS! Away from homework and on to more anime!!!
Aug 17, 2017 12:28 PM

Nov 2009
If Meteora could just shut up for an entire episode that would be great, She talks in her dull tone for days.
Feb 10, 2018 12:46 PM

Nov 2015

Oh hohoho, I like where all this is going.
The Fate influence is strong. No heroes from history but from fiction.

It's funny how Selesia has issues with her "father" and she just yells everything at him xD
Meteora is so adorable. She's for protecting!

YumeNoMonogatari said:
Meteora is really cute.

MUST PROTECC
HumbertoZeroFeb 10, 2018 12:51 PM
Feb 22, 2018 7:48 AM

Mar 2015
Hmm, I think that the reason why the changes doesn't influenced Selesia was because she came from the anime. Heck she doesn't even know anything about the next book.

Feb 25, 2018 10:33 AM

Dec 2014
Kind of reminds me of FableTown except instead of characters from western folklore it's anime characters.

Maybe one of Sota's characters from a manga he wrote in the past has something to do with all of this?
Mar 5, 2018 6:38 AM

Mar 2015
Am interested to know how the Military Uniform girl is linked to our main guy Sota!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 29, 2018 2:51 PM

May 2012
Really great episode and development! Looking forwards to see what happens next!
Jan 6, 2019 8:16 PM

Jul 2009
Nice episode! I was actually hoping that Selesia's creator would actually change her outfit. Then again, it was illustrated by two people XD

It's kinda obvious how the military girl maybe Sota's creation from the future. When he already wrote his first novel, but I do like some of the theories here about the girl in the first episode who killed herself. She's the creator of this "Setsuna" that the military girl is talking about.

Or, it could be that Setsuna was the antagonist all along and Sota wrote it that the Military girl killed her.

Eh, I tried XD

Next episode wooo!
Sep 7, 2020 8:06 PM

Feb 2019
So a few things. During the discussion at the diner, I noticed that the other people in the booths straight up disappeared once they started to talk about creators and other worlds. I thought that was pretty funny.

Secondly, I'm actually pretty interested in the concept of the collective consumers controlling the characters from other worlds. At the diner, Yuuya talks about how only the characters that the consumers enjoy (fan favorites?) get summoned to Earth, and Meteora talks about how only when the consumers accept it will revisions of Selesia's character be made. At the end of the episode, the uniformed bad girl talks about how she met Souta and how she'll get revenge on Souta for banishing a character named Setsuna. Could this be related to the consumers?

The fact that the uniformed girl talks about Souta specifically makes me think that he's her creator; however, the fact that Souta doesn't recognize her shows that he hasn't created her yet. This is also strange because this uniformed girl seems to me to defy time/recognize Souta while Selesia doesn't know about the future of her story yet.

Souta's still super bland. I have no idea why Meteora and Selesia say that they'll keep relying on him; what can he offer?
Jan 28, 2021 10:15 AM

Nov 2019
Hmm an okay episode.
Mar 2, 2021 4:32 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Lmao this became an episode of shirabako for a sec LOL. Just a bit more world building in terms of setting up rules and stuff, but even then nothing has really been established after their experimenting. Gonna say it again; soundtrack is bangin. But while I love it, sometimes it just seems a bit too extra at some parts and not properly timed. Just a nitpick tho, so who cares. Also still gonna enjoy this first op and never skip it until it inevitably gets replaced by another, probably less adrenaline-pumping one. :(

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jun 10, 2021 6:09 AM

Aug 2018
Now I'm wondering if they really need the school guy "MC", or is he a MC?
Sep 17, 2023 1:00 AM

Aug 2019
Lmao Selesia arguing with her creator was funny, I think the idea that the creation and creator almost seeming like parent and child, and have shared similarities in personality is pretty cool and neat, makes sense as well.
Really interested to see more character's and their opinions on their creator, wonder if we'll see one that absolutely loathes their creator because they made their lives so miserable.

Damn my only question now is, i wonder how Souta gonna balances this all out with his school life. Shit's gotta be stressful.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2017

260 by Karva1 »»
May 27, 9:56 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2017

207 by Karva1 »»
May 27, 9:23 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

237 by Karva1 »»
May 27, 3:31 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2017

244 by Karva1 »»
May 26, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2017

377 by Karva1 »»
May 25, 9:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.