Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 10, 2016 3:31 AM

Mar 2014
Erased has 31 votes? come on, guys. Bunch of trolls.
23 ♀ | ES/ENG

Mar 10, 2016 3:32 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
lol Divine Gate, I knew it would be mediocre at best since I didn't find something special about that show, but I never thought it could be considered the worst.

...as for Dagashi Kashi and Phantom World, I kinda have a feeling the people who voted them set their expectation too high at first for those shows.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 10, 2016 3:46 AM
Jan 2015
Divine Hate for Divine Gate huh? Well, I can't consider it the worst because its pretentiousness never ceases to amaze me. It's actually funny and moe once you realize the show is anything but serious.
Mar 10, 2016 3:48 AM

Jul 2009
HollowPointX said:

i think all the people that bashing Musaigen only watched the first episode and whats up with dagashi, grimgar and erased hate? it's going to be anti-anti-anti circlejerk for sure --a for me personally worst anime this winter is divine gate, it has bad pacing and cluttered story, not even good design can save that shit.

This. Seeing that Boku dake and Divine Gate are tied...people are trolling way too much.
HollowPointX said:

Mamster-P said:

im convinced either

people are trolling

not watching very much

or not taking the definition of "worst" into account

i mean seriously, the ONLY WAY some of these shows could be the "worst of the season" is if you're only watching like 4

i feel like that has to be the primary reason, minus the ones who just want to rebel against meatriders

only watching 2 - 4 shows, then label one of them "worst" smh. MAL in a nutshell.

Yeah, if someone watches 2-4 series this season, they should realize they shouldn't vote for the worst series of the season. They simply don't have enough information to pass judgment on it. MAL is being ridiculous, as usual.
Mar 10, 2016 3:52 AM
Sep 2015
Mamster-P said:
Aedrin said:

So you think we should love anime because there is small possibility in japan they understand it? Then it can have good score in Japan.
If slow pace would be the only sin of Grimgar... Anyway it's impossible to convince anyone so I won't try.

many of these shows that get low scores over here are probably a lot more popular in japan

i swear its like we westerners take anime way more seriously than its supposed to be taken

anyway, i appreciate them all, so fuck that shit

i don't like/understand it =/= bad

You assume popularity in Japan but there is same possibility These shown aren't popular there. I've never seen philosophy of candies as a thread of any anime so I think those are common candies.

I've never criticized anime (for example) for hot springs scenes (I mean I wouldn't want to splash with other naked men) or bathroom scenes (siblings sometimes with parents or even friends/neighbors bathe together). Those are popular scenes (not only in ecchi anime) so I assume it's common behavior there even if I can't imagine myself in those situations.
Though I will criticize harem/ecchi anime because I don't care those genres are popular or Japanese is other culture and there "2D waifu idea" is fine.
Criticism is very important part just like praises because both ideas are commonly dependent on each other. Paraphrasing the incredibles "if every anime is special then no anime is".

Mamster-P said:
i don't like it = bad

So when exactly is anime bad? When you like it but... you... nope no idea at all. I think liking or disliking anime is a base for telling anime was good/bad.

Nevermind now I see you score anime 10 or none...
I'm little curious why only one anime you scored 4.
Mar 10, 2016 4:01 AM

Jun 2015
namea said:
HollowPointX said:

i think all the people that bashing Musaigen only watched the first episode and whats up with dagashi, grimgar and erased hate? it's going to be anti-anti-anti circlejerk for sure --a for me personally worst anime this winter is divine gate, it has bad pacing and cluttered story, not even good design can save that shit.

This. Seeing that Boku dake and Divine Gate are tied...people are trolling way too much.
HollowPointX said:

only watching 2 - 4 shows, then label one of them "worst" smh. MAL in a nutshell.

Yeah, if someone watches 2-4 series this season, they should realize they shouldn't vote for the worst series of the season. They simply don't have enough information to pass judgment on it. MAL is being ridiculous, as usual.

its typical hipster syndrome "that show is to popular, i have to hate it and shit on it to look edgy and cool hurr durr durr". at least i have few good laugh from this thread. there always a silver lining.
Mar 10, 2016 4:49 AM

Jun 2015
Maybe not specifically the worst, but my least favorite its Phantom World, because that's a show that could've easily been interesting, but decided to play out in the most boring way possible.

Dagashi and Saijaku are the other really bad shows I'm watching, but they're not disappointing because there's such little effort put into them in the first place.
Mar 10, 2016 4:55 AM

Apr 2015
Man_Lanz said:
These polls should happen after the season ends. The remaining episodes should be the most important.

Well, at least for me the last episodes of kono suba and haruchika won't change what i think of these series.
Mar 10, 2016 6:52 AM

Mar 2015
ItsMaz said:
Kuma said:

1. it's not that terrible. they are currently on stress, of course wht they are talking is not what make them more stress. they not talking all about advanture, yet they still talking about it like how they plan something or how they discuss about their fail. it's just not showing much since it's explaine in those you called bad battle naration, lol. why they need doing it twice.

2. grimgars make you actually care about character if you noticed them enough. it's not story focused but more character and world focused.

'this series is shit in my eyes so, it's shit objectively'. seriously, you sound like that.

They weren't shown to be stressed though. Ranta was shown to just be carrying on exactly like normal. In the context of their situation, it didn't make sense for him to go out of his way to purposely antagonise his comrades.

I have had 0 reason to care about the characters. The female characters barely had any interactions at all for the first half of this; most of the time was spent giving Ranta the cunt spotlight, with the few Manato x Haruhiro talks at the tavern - which I really enjoyed, actually.

No, I'm not saying it's objectively shit. If I did I would have given it a 1/10 and wouldn't have said that it's getting better as of the later episodes. But with your comment you said "It's your opinion, it isn't a valid criticism."
Well fuck all discussion then, get rid of these forums. No one can ever made any critiism towards any series ever because "Well yeah, it's just your opinion man, it isn't valid."

- they weren't shows to be stressed
that's all thanks to manato. that's why he also leader. infact, most of them have no clue what happened to them. they are weakest people that lefted when strong looking guy make their own party or join stronger party. their stress is on high lvl. they are totaly not in normal mode. they don't have money, they don't have steady place to stay. that's also explained those 'bad narration' . again, this series supposed to be 1st pov series.

- the character barely has interaction
you know what scane is showed when those called annoying insert song? that is. why people don't give atention to little thing? is everything need to spoon feeded? those 3 first episode with insert song showed it pretty nicely if you pick attention enough.

no, what i sadi people can't differentiate his personal refference and valid critics as i said before. i don't complitely disregard every critics that come to this series, it's just their opicion can't i take seriously because it's subjective merits.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 10, 2016 7:25 AM

Feb 2015
Sushi police win.......LOL
for me, i think it's Active Raid. i expected something more serious but it ended up like that, on top of that, the MC is too annoying to me.

Phantom World tho......looks like eveyone expected something serious from that anime huh ?

Divine gate....not suprised......it's not that bad imo.

this tho...
Dagashi(t) Kashi
LMAO XD

just to remind people; this topic is subjective!
YizelTroMar 10, 2016 7:30 AM
Mar 10, 2016 7:48 AM
Sep 2015
Sushi police has to be the worst show
Mar 10, 2016 7:55 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
@ItsMaz

no no no lol, its not that grimgar can't be criticized, its the fact that this thread says worst show of the season

how can that be the case unless you're watching like 3 shows? in which you shouldnt be voting in the first place

same with phantom world, i mean i understand the hate its getting from some people but you have to only be watching like 5 shows
at the most to think its the worst

@Aedrin

i have a pretty strange philosophy when it comes to fiction

im just not critical of it, especially since im the kinda of person whos been drawing and writing stories about
characters my entire life. i have a more "behind the scenes" view on it

its like, i always keep in mind that anime is someone else's imagination, and i feel as though if i tear apart someone else's
imagination im killing their freedom of expression

thats why you NEVER see me criticize anime

yet you always see me criticize people who criticize anime

im more of a "do what you want and focus on those who love it" person

don't get me wrong, i see why people will think thats a flawed way of thinking but for me
anything i don't like, simply wasn't made/put there for me and someone else will enjoy it

im really good at enjoying shows for what they are, im not really the type to watch something and be like THAT WAS TRASH
i mean, its not that ive never thought that about anything (like the dragonball evolution movie)

but i think thats more understandable considering i grew up with dragonball z for YEARS AND YEARS then all of a sudden then
make a kid friendly live action with characters that look nothing like the ones from the show and they change everything

so yea i can see why if you've been a fan of a manga/light novel for awhile and they change it up in the show for whatever reason, that
will disappoint you, but i don't read manga or LN's, so that has no effect on me

@ToolFan

hit me up on skype or some shit xD
Mar 10, 2016 7:56 AM

Jun 2012
Pretty much every anime I set out to watch in the first 2-3 weeks of the season have left me completely disappointed and have been dropped. I've come to the point where I'm only watching sequels, Konosuba and Erased - none of which I am going to give more than a 6/10. This season has been severely underwhelming, so much so that I'm putting off watching episodes for weeks at a time. And with the current state of Gintama, I have to wait like another few weeks to marathon all the episodes of the current arc, since I know how fucking long this arc is going to be.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Mar 10, 2016 8:01 AM
Jul 2018
Haven't watched a single one of those shows, but I assume it's the one with all the ass-shots. What's it called... KonoSuba?
Mar 10, 2016 8:21 AM

Dec 2014
Mamster-P said:
@ItsMaz

no no no lol, its not that grimgar can't be criticized, its the fact that this thread says worst show of the season

how can that be the case unless you're watching like 3 shows? in which you shouldnt be voting in the first place

same with phantom world, i mean i understand the hate its getting from some people but you have to only be watching like 5 shows

People can have more than one least favorite/favorite you know. Maz didn't even say Grimgar was the worst thing he's watching (on a technicality he thinks Active Raid and Sushi Police are worse), as he noted that it's getting slightly better, just that he really dislikes it.

Also I think it's a flawed argument to say that "you only say *insert show here* is the worst because you haven't watched everything." But who in the right mind outside of complete no-lives (and people who have too much time on their hands) watches all of a season while it's still airing? Excluding shorts, sequels, and leftovers, I'm watching 12 shows, and Phantom World's still the worst of the lot for me. At least HaruChika doesn't annoy me, it just bores me to death. Phantom World's basically the same thing as Ranpo Kitan, just replace gore with half-assed attempts to titillate the viewer. I only have it a 4 because of the production values (that OP is addicting as well though it's not the best OP of the season), and some episodes are a bit more tolerable than others, but I still don't like any of the episodes in particular. Yes, chances are there's a worse show airing right now. But I can't be bothered to see the ones that are supposedly worse than it, at least right now.
Mar 10, 2016 8:26 AM

Jul 2013
Phantom world is my first and only drop so far this year.
Yami Shibai S3 is pretty sh*t though I can bear with it thanks to the 4 minutes length.
Divine Gate rivals F/SN for the "deep" dialogues from what I have heard.
Mar 10, 2016 8:31 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
@Burger-Meister

i didn't say ItsMaz thought that, im just saying this is a poll where you can only vote for ONE show, and i don't see how it can be Grimgar unless you're only watching like 4 shows

most ppl arent even watching 12 shows

most ppl are watching like 3-6, and if you're only watching like 3-6 then im sorry but, you can't really say whats the worst show of the season

*worst show you're watching*..... ok..... but of the season? foh

but still, how does it make sense to vote if you're watching so few shows?

im watching 20 shows, and i can tell you that none of the shows being voted are what you'd expect if most ppl were watching that many

ok, thanks for the bait...... thats great that you don't like phantom world, more for me when the merchandise is out
Mar 10, 2016 9:02 AM

Dec 2014
@Mamster-P:

Heh, I guess that's a fair argument. (Though many have still listed more than one show despite the fact that you can only vote for one show, but I digress) I'll probably just stop this now to avoid anymore flame wars.

(I also respect that you like Phantom World; But it's just not for me; Wasn't trying to bait when I said it was the worst of what I was watching though)
Mar 10, 2016 9:06 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Burger-Meister said:

(I also respect that you like Phantom World; But it's just not for me; Wasn't trying to bait when I said it was the worst of what I was watching though)

oh no no no, anyone is free to like or not like anything, its just annoying when you're a fan of something and you see people constantly bashing it and no one else whos a fan speaking up

and i think most ppl tend to misinterpret me when i respond to them, since i tend to take bait lol

i wish most ppls response to shows they don't like was "its just not for me"

instead of "THIS SHIT IS GARBAGE, AND SHOULD STOP AND ALL THE FANS OF IT ARE IDIOTS".... sure thats probably mostly just bait, but its still annoying af
Mar 10, 2016 10:21 AM
Sep 2015
Mamster-P said:

im just not critical of it, especially since im the kinda of person whos been drawing and writing stories about characters my entire life. i have a more "behind the scenes" view on it

I don't have any experience in this way nevertheless for example if big company president with responsibility of 100+ people would earn as much as some cleaner or cashier then who would want so big responsibility?
The same is about anime (or books movies etc) if no one would criticize bad shows then authors wouldn't bother to work hard and bring people the masterpiece.
Mamster-P said:

its like, i always keep in mind that anime is someone else's imagination, and i feel as though if i tear apart someone else's imagination im killing their freedom of expression

Freedom of expression is mostly following the beaten tracks because it's easiest way to go. Most of people would like to have everything without doing anything. If let them they would never be more than they already are. JK Rowling made 2 never published books before created Harry Potter. If she would be praised for previous books she might never create adored by millions series.
Mamster-P said:

don't get me wrong, i see why people will think thats a flawed way of thinking but for me
anything i don't like, simply wasn't made/put there for me and someone else will enjoy it

But there is a possibility that your criticism (I mean thousands++ people criticism) will inspire someone with idea you will like. Maybe even the same author will make something better next time.
There always be someone who will like selected anime but I would like erase them and make space for animes like Spirited Away, Parasite, Erased or SnK as replacement for many worse ones.

I respect your opinion nevertheless criticism is taken badly because of anti-mainsteam, trolls etc. Although thanks to criticism we can enjoy best parts of diffrent kind of art. People who works hard and gives best of themselves to deserve for praises and avoid criticism. People with original ideas and real freedom of expression unbound by schemes, ease and laziness.
Mar 10, 2016 10:25 AM

Sep 2015
Mamster-P said:
@ItsMaz

I agree that Phantom World gets an excessive amount of unjustified hate. It certainly isn't the worst.
Grimgar is a genuine contender though. I'm watching nearly every anime this season and Grimgar stands out as one of the worst to me.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Mar 10, 2016 10:31 AM
Jul 2018
An anime must be REALLY trash to be considered the worst anime of the season haha. I feel like voting for Erased just for the banter but I'll restrain myself.
Mar 10, 2016 10:46 AM

Feb 2016
I'd say Musaigen no Phantom World tbh I only thing i like about it was the art. the characters were designed pretty well but the plot was pretty weird and confusing for me.
Also too much fan service homg :0
Mar 10, 2016 10:50 AM

Nov 2014
The fact that more people think genroku rakugo is worse than sekkou boys is alarming.
IFFEH IUU BEHLIEBE EIT
NUHRUTOE NUHRUTOE
BEHLIEBE EIT BEHLIEBE EIT-IT-IT-IT-IT
HEURE AIE AHME WIETH MAI NEEINJUH KLAHN
NEEINJUH KLAHN
HEURE WEHH STAHNDD
NUHRUTOE AIEHME OUNE MAI WEYE
NUHRUTOE AIELLE BEEHE OUHKEYE
GETUH REHDEY TUH FHITE OUNE SAITE
GOUHUT MUHE BHESHT FREENDZ BAH MUHE SAIHDE
SAZOOKAYEH HEHZE RELYEH KEWHLE
SAHKOOHRAH DUH BEWTIHFUHLE.
Mar 10, 2016 10:51 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
@Aedrin

i agree lol, trust me, i see exactly where harsh critics are coming from

yes its true that using trope after trope after trope is lazy, but you have to keep in mind that your average watcher doesn't necessarily care

i don't think most ppl who are watching a movie are going to analyze it after its over, ever notices how despite how many people are on this site, you tend to see the same ppl over and over in the forums?

its not THAT MANY of us who like to share our opinions

im going assume that the 90% who don't, simply just watch whatever is thrown at them and don't care (i could be wrong but u get what im saying)

look at the movie avatar.... that movie made 2 billion not because it was a great movie.... i mean it was pretty much just a ripoff of ferngully but
everyone saw it because it was an entertaining movie that did a great job showing off the use of 3d effects

same with the new star wars movie.... most ppl who saw it probably haven't even seen all the rest.... but they know how popular starwars is, so they saw it anyway

that too is your average anime watcher.... just trying to be entertained for 20min at a time, so obviously its going to be easier to mass produce anime by being generic, cause generic is all you need to get ppl to watch

look at Gakusen Toshi Asterisk.... a show that is PANNED by critical viewers, yet look at how well its rated if you click the stats

(3790 votes) gave it a 10

11.9% (6394 votes) gave it a 9

24.1% (12958 votes) give it an 8

(16112 votes) gave it a 7

24,892 plan to watch season 2

thats A FUCK TON of people who *like or love* the show.... a lot more than the ppl who gave it a 6 or less

you really think these thousands of ppl who gave it a 7 or above care to tear the show apart? or just wanted to be entertained by a
generic anime?

i agree its not fair on talented ppl who really have genius ideas, but thats just how humanity tends to work, entertainment doesn't always come from talent

but also keep in mind that most anime panders towards otaku because otaku spend the most money on anime stuff, and the only way to keep the industry going
is to spend money on it

if people don't buy the dvd for a show they love, then chances are the show is not going to have a season 2

so they mass produce shows and merchandise they think people are more likely to buy

while miyazaki for example is a legend, a father of anime, and brings up many good points about the industry today, the fact is his anime are too child friendly for many of us and only hardcore fans are going to watch them, so hes going to suffer from that perspective

@ItsMaz

damn, well i guess when you're a more critical watcher and a show is highly plot oriented yet seems to be getting nowhere, you can find everything wrong with it
EcchiGodMamsterMar 10, 2016 11:08 AM
Mar 10, 2016 11:18 AM
Jul 2018
Keeping in mind that I didn't pick up every anime this season, I'd have to say Divine Gate. I saw the first episode and just never really wanted to come back. It was boring.
Mar 10, 2016 11:21 AM

May 2015
Tfw the only winter anime you're watching is erased :[
Mar 10, 2016 11:22 AM

Jul 2015
Mamster-P said:
@Aedrin

yes its true that using trope after trope after trope is lazy, but you have to keep in mind that your average watcher doesn't necessarily care

i don't think most ppl who are watching a movie are going to analyze it after its over, ever notices how despite how many people are on this site, you tend to see the same ppl over and over in the forums?

im going assume that the 90% who don't, simply just watch whatever is thrown at them and don't care (i could be wrong but u get what im saying)

look at the movie avatar.... that movie made 2 billion not because it was a great movie.... i mean it was pretty much just a ripoff of ferngully but
everyone saw it because it was an entertaining movie that did a great job showing off the use of 3d effects

same with the new star wars movie.... most ppl who saw it probably haven't even seen all the rest.... but they know how popular starwars is, so they saw it anyway

that too is your average anime watcher.... just trying to be entertained for 20min at a time, so obviously its going to be easier to mass produce anime by being generic, cause generic is all you need to get ppl to watch

look at Gakusen Toshi Asterisk.... a show that is PANNED by critical viewers, yet look at how well its rated if you click the stats

thats A FUCK TON of people who *like or love* the show.... a lot more than the ppl who gave it a 6 or less

you really think these thousands of ppl who gave it a 7 or above care to tear the show apart? or just wanted to be entertained by a
generic anime?

i agree its not fair on talented ppl who really have genius ideas, but thats just how humanity tends to work, entertainment doesn't always come from talent

but also keep in mind that most anime panders towards otaku because otaku spend the most money on anime stuff, and the only way to keep the industry going
is to spend money on it

if people don't buy the dvd for a show they love, then chances are the show is not going to have a season 2

so they mass produce shows and merchandise they think people are more likely to buy

while miyazaki for example is a legend, a father of anime, and brings up many good points about the industry today, the fact is his anime are too child friendly for many of us and only hardcore fans are going to watch them, so hes going to suffer from that perspective

@ItsMaz

damn, well i guess when you're a more critical watcher and a show is highly plot oriented yet seems to be getting nowhere, you can find everything wrong with it

Because there is some idiots who rate everything 9 or 10 (kids or retards i really dont know)
i dont care about what you like and what you hate but give everything 9 or 10 is so fucking dumb
Mar 10, 2016 11:25 AM

Nov 2014
tragedydesu said:
Mamster-P said:
@Aedrin

generic anime?

is to spend money on it

@ItsMaz

Because there is some idiots who rate everything 9 or 10 (kids or retards i really dont know)
i dont care about what you like and what you hate but give everything 9 or 10 is so fucking dumb

"ur just jelus cuz they haev gud taests"

nah but the amount of 9-10 ratings on shows are waaaay too much, jesus christ how many masterpieces are there?
IFFEH IUU BEHLIEBE EIT
NUHRUTOE NUHRUTOE
BEHLIEBE EIT BEHLIEBE EIT-IT-IT-IT-IT
HEURE AIE AHME WIETH MAI NEEINJUH KLAHN
NEEINJUH KLAHN
HEURE WEHH STAHNDD
NUHRUTOE AIEHME OUNE MAI WEYE
NUHRUTOE AIELLE BEEHE OUHKEYE
GETUH REHDEY TUH FHITE OUNE SAITE
GOUHUT MUHE BHESHT FREENDZ BAH MUHE SAIHDE
SAZOOKAYEH HEHZE RELYEH KEWHLE
SAHKOOHRAH DUH BEWTIHFUHLE.
Mar 10, 2016 11:32 AM
Sep 2015
@Mamster-P
You have lots of right. It's hard to belive how good score this anime have. It really kills my spirit.
I just wrote some text and got I completely lost the main thread. Sigh. If even Asterisk is scored so well, then I suppose now criticising at least makes me a little happier after watching bad anime I can calm down a little.
Unfortunately what you say is true though thanks to critical minority Asterisk isn't top scored anime. I want to belive some people resigned of watching bad anime thanks to critical opinions.
Mar 10, 2016 11:37 AM

May 2015
While BokuMachi is the one I hate the most, it's definitely not the worst. Musaigen, despite me not liking it, isn't the worst either. The only reason they're so high in the hate polls is anti-hype.

I also don't get all the hate on Dagashi Kashi, I mean, it's not at all laugh-out-loud funny but it isn't soul-crushingly boring either. It's a solid 5/10.

PSO2 is straight garbage. Zero dimensional characters, less than a quarter of the show is actually spent in the game, and you have to be caught up with the game to know what's going on. It's a giant fucking infomercial. Divine Gate on the other hand may be obnoxiously, stupidly edgy, but it at least adapts the game it's based on.
KaoruMatsuokaMar 10, 2016 11:45 AM
Mar 10, 2016 11:42 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
@tragedydesu

or maybe their definition of 9 or 10 is not the same as yours?

keep in mind some ppl rate solely based on how entertained they are, and just cause an anime
is rated a 6.5 from a critical point of view doesn't mean your entertainment level can't reach a 9 or 10

Mars of destruction from a critical point of view is obviously like a 2/10 but for some it so bad its good, from a strictly entertainment level

@Phosef_Phostar

again, what i said above, were not all rating based on critiques

@Aedrin

yea, most watchers just don't care to critique shows, just pass time

im one of the ones who doesn't

everything i rate is solely on entertainment and not how "well written" the show is

i simply don't care about that, anime is strictly entertainment for most of us, and most of us are easily entertained

@kamisama751

well theres never going to be ANYTHING without its fans and without its haters and without its critics

from an entirely critical point of view, of course some shows are better written than others, but most of us just don't care about being critical

its like comparing old school hip hop to modern hip hop

sure from a technical point of view OF COURSE oldschool hip hop is better written, but today, like anime, hip hop is at its most popular ever

WHY?

because it appeals to the AVERAGE watcher/listener who simply just wants to be entertained

if something is going to be extremely popular, it has to appeal to your average consumer, and not just those who want to break it apart and analyze it

whoever is buying the most is who is going to be the prime target
EcchiGodMamsterMar 10, 2016 12:15 PM
Mar 10, 2016 11:48 AM

Jan 2015
+ forgot to mention Norn9 - voice acting/ worthless drama/char designs (ugh...those eyes)/ too many worthless dialogues
Mar 10, 2016 12:14 PM

Jul 2012
not a huge fan of Phantom world but it's much better than a solid 1/4 of the anime that came out this season IMO.

I know people aren't fans of Dagashi Kashi but it's surprising that it even gets mentioned. People overhyped it for the wrong reasons and they get disappointed because they didn't get what they wanted. The show was never marketed to be an amazing story. The manga is a SoL comedy and the anime has done a fine job of adapting it. For me it's above average for this season.

Phantasy Star Online was going to be my vote but it's not even on the list.
Mar 10, 2016 12:15 PM
Sep 2015
@Mamster-P
Well I think scoring anime, basing only on entertainment isn't bad at all (Uncommon is to not score anime which wasn't entertaining you but it's your free will). I personally don't score anime high because i feel I should (I've been doing that only with movies about holocaust but I stopped few years ago).
Mar 10, 2016 12:18 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
@Aedrin

yea thats how i score, and im sure thats how your average watcher scores

i simply don't care to analyze anime, as long as im extremely entertained, then how well written or generic the show is means nothing

@kamisama751

its not about that, im mostly saying that most ppl just don't care to criticize
Mar 10, 2016 12:39 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
kamisama751 said:

Oh, okay. I got it now.

yea and im pretty sure neither do all the ppl who rated asterisk that high

for some of us, an anime thats a 4 or 5/10 story wise, like many of the magic harems, can still be a 8 or 9 or 10/10 entertainment wise
EcchiGodMamsterMar 10, 2016 12:43 PM
Mar 10, 2016 12:45 PM

Mar 2016
Musaigen is pretty ok actually. I don't know what people hate about it.
Mar 10, 2016 1:11 PM

Feb 2015
It seems that the majority of people vote when they have only watched a minority of those animes, go watch a couple of them, there is worse than erased or phantom world, some are just unbearable...nevermind, don't do it, just thinking about them makes me shiver..
A moustache !
Mar 10, 2016 1:45 PM
Jul 2014
for me they're all bad. aijin best let down for me. boku is meh meh, but ok. the rest all pure sh*t.
Mar 10, 2016 2:08 PM
Sep 2011
Mahou Shoujo Nante Mou Ii Desukara gets my vote. We already had Lyrical Nanoha Vivid and Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya before doing the creepy loli fanservice thing with the magical girl genre, we didn't need one where the costume is literally a swimsuit.

You can call it a parody but at this point it's really not possible to parody fanservice. It's been done to such ridiculous levels already that a swimsuit seems tame by comparison.
Mar 10, 2016 2:15 PM
Oct 2015
probably grimgar. its fucking bad and super popular (this fact doesnt make it worst but it piss me off). i dont get why its so popular. its a fucking awfull show.
Mar 10, 2016 2:19 PM

Jul 2015
Wth, Erased in top 3? What are people watching that make it look so bad? Seriously Schwarzesmarken or Luck & Logic are a million times dumber than Erased, no matter how much they're cutting content from the original manga.
Mar 10, 2016 2:24 PM

Jan 2015
wow, Aijn was kinda really hyped before it started. anyone who watched could give a feedback on why it's so bad? what happened?
Mar 10, 2016 2:25 PM

Apr 2015
neko_cola said:
wow, Aijn was kinda really hyped before it started. anyone who watched could give a feedback on why it's so bad? what happened?

The CGI is terrible. A lot of people dropped because of that. I read the manga and they are doing a great job IMO. So i can only think that is cgi's fault
Mar 10, 2016 2:39 PM

Jan 2015
I see. it's sad when a good story is overshadowed by bad animation... :/ there has always been a lot of questioning about the CGI (over)use, and yet another anime screwed up :P
Mar 10, 2016 2:43 PM

Jul 2014
mimiiria said:
Wth, Erased in top 3? What are people watching that make it look so bad? Seriously Schwarzesmarken or Luck & Logic are a million times dumber than Erased, no matter how much they're cutting content from the original manga.

Because people like myself voted for it just to get a reaction out of people and it's worked perfectly.

Surely you knew this before commenting?
Mar 10, 2016 2:47 PM

Jul 2015
Tozzy said:
mimiiria said:

Because people like myself voted for it just to get a reaction out of people and it's worked perfectly.

Surely you knew this before commenting?
That must be one unsatisfying way to get attention, just random comments from anonymous people online. But whatever makes you happy.
Mar 10, 2016 2:48 PM

Dec 2013
Phantom World is the worst that I'm currently watching. It's mostly just stupid fanservice with absolutely no actual plot.
Mar 10, 2016 3:52 PM

Jan 2012
Who the hell voted for Sushi Police? we all know it's stupid so nobody actually expect it to be good anyway unless...
---
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Who are your favorite silent characters and why?

JaaShooUhh - 2 hours ago

3 by Serafos »»
6 minutes ago

» is being possessive of an anime, a symbol of ur attachment to it?

BerriesSan - 4 hours ago

4 by Catalano »»
7 minutes ago

» Recommendations of Disappointment

JaaShooUhh - 1 hour ago

2 by Catalano »»
12 minutes ago

» Who is allowed to give proper canon information in your favorite anime fanbase?

Catalano - 8 hours ago

5 by SPTLayzner »»
18 minutes ago

» Favorite anime spring 2024

ani2016 - Jun 10

23 by watsym »»
29 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.