Forum Settings
Forums

Supposedly great anime that you will never watch+reasons.

New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Nov 7, 2015 9:18 PM

Jul 2012
I was gonna say Gintama but I downloaded all the episodes AND people say it's similar to Osomatsu-san. So it's a must watch for me.
Nov 7, 2015 9:50 PM

Apr 2015
KendiKong said:
One Piece way too long
Nov 7, 2015 10:14 PM

Aug 2014
Grave of the Fireflies — WWII is a huge abhorrent for me
Clannad — doesn't peak my interest
as e m p t y as the space between stars✦

Nov 8, 2015 2:34 AM
Oct 2014
Evangelion, because it is Mecha...
Nov 8, 2015 3:01 AM
Jul 2018
Godluck said:

Trust me, it´s anything but mecha.
Nov 8, 2015 3:04 AM

May 2008
Oian said:
Godluck said:

Mecha = giant robots. Eva is giant robots.
Aug 2012
Aku no Hana looks like complete trash and I'm never going to watch it. Not sure exactly how well regarded it is tho.

Jul 2012
Mooncake said:
Aku no Hana looks like complete trash and I'm never going to watch it. Not sure exactly how well regarded it is tho.
It's well regarded because it's psychological and creepy.
Nov 8, 2015 3:32 AM

Oct 2010
mayukachan said:
Mooncake said:
It's well regarded because it's psychological and creepy.

And because of rotoscope polarization.
Nov 8, 2015 3:32 AM

Aug 2014
Bleach

My friends keeps telling that its full of fillers.
Nov 8, 2015 3:41 AM

Jul 2014
Clannad - I don't like the character designs. I can't handle them. And it sounds like it'll be depressing as fuck.

Highschool of the Dead, Highschool DxD - The amount of fan service is really off putting.

Any Idol anime - Loli characters are annoying.

OreImo - Incest? Nah. Even if she wasn't his sister, she's still annoying.
Nov 8, 2015 3:42 AM

Jul 2012
CoxxAnthony08 said:
Bleach

You can always skip it.

emxutaxmine said:
It is incest, lol.
Nov 8, 2015 3:44 AM

Apr 2015
Any show that elitist's say are good. I will watch some day. I don't take anyone else's opinion 95% of the time seriously. So for me there is no anime I will never watch that I heard is great, from people I respect. I mean there are shitty looking shows that a lot of casuals seems to like, but that really doesn't count for me.
Brace yourself.

Soon as LotGH 2017 comes out. The anime community is going to become so cancerous you will need to take cover and hide.
Nov 8, 2015 3:46 AM

Jul 2015
I guess the ones with a ridiculous amount of episodes, like Naruto, One Piece, etc.
I already shoved Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood back on my list due to it being 64 episodes long.

Nov 8, 2015 3:57 AM

Mar 2012
One Punch Man seems like it's catered towards those people who spend the entirety of SAO complaining about how Kirito is overpowered.
Nov 8, 2015 4:28 AM

Sep 2015
Clannad + After Story

I encountered a lot of spoilers..

Nov 8, 2015 4:49 AM

Oct 2013
Berserk. I was told how it ends, or not.
Nov 8, 2015 5:19 AM

Jun 2015
TTGL, because over the top mecha anime sounds like my worst nightmare. I also like annoying my friend who loves it.
Nov 8, 2015 5:21 AM
Nov 2015
Anything that will take a whole week of solid watching with next to no sleep to watch ( naruto and fairy tail I'm looking you)
Nov 8, 2015 5:23 AM

Aug 2015
one piece, i attemped to watch it but didnt get far because of how many episodes it has

☁ cyborg robot squirrels ☁
Nov 8, 2015 5:44 AM
Apr 2015
One piece... Far to long, plus it look way to cartoonish
2015 and still shipping these two till the last.
kallen x lelouch!
Nov 8, 2015 5:47 AM
Apr 2015
Char99 said:
Anything that will take a whole week of solid watching with next to no sleep to watch ( naruto and fairy tail I'm looking you)

Wo wo wo lol, it only has like 260 episode so far:P but quickly getting up there your right
2015 and still shipping these two till the last.
kallen x lelouch!
Nov 8, 2015 5:53 AM

Oct 2014
Zazie122 said:
Oian said:

Mecha = giant robots. Eva is giant robots.

except they are not robots
Nov 8, 2015 5:55 AM

Jul 2014
mayukachan said:
CoxxAnthony08 said:
Bleach

You can always skip it.

emxutaxmine said:
It is incest, lol.

I'm saying nah to the incest. I'm not watching it because it has incest.
Nov 8, 2015 6:05 AM
Mar 2012
emxutaxmine said:
mayukachan said:
You can always skip it.

It is incest, lol.

I'm saying nah to the incest. I'm not watching it because it has incest.

I...don't understand.

Surely the incest is the selling point D:
Nov 8, 2015 6:18 AM

Nov 2013
Mystifire said:
Evangelion, cause I just really do not enjoy the Space/Mecha atmosphere in anime.

NaCro said:
Hunter x hunter - it has shounen battle nonsense feel .

That's just like, your feel man.

NaCro said:
Cowboy Bebop - Technically, i started watching it long ago but never finished, now i just cant stand it since my friend talked about it all the time.

So people talking about something means that the said something is bad?

NaCro said:
Ping Pong The Animation - Looks like crap

Don't judge te book by it's cover.

NaCro said:
Gurren Lagann - Over the top nonsense

How can you know if you haven't even tried it?
abystoma2Nov 8, 2015 6:22 AM
You all need to watch Nami.

Nov 8, 2015 7:35 AM

Oct 2007
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone complex. To 'episodic' and simply not my cup of tea
Nov 8, 2015 7:38 AM

Oct 2010
Mushishi and that one with nyanko sensei. I tried to watch them but I couldn't.

Nov 8, 2015 8:29 AM
Dec 2012
Code Geass.. really hate this bullshit, it looks ugly as fuck and is set in such an annoying ambience
Nov 8, 2015 8:30 AM

Aug 2015
mayukachan said:
I was gonna say Gintama but I downloaded all the episodes AND people say it's similar to Osomatsu-san. So it's a must watch for me.

And its full of pretty boys...
Fujoshit love Gintama
Nov 8, 2015 8:33 AM

Feb 2010
I'd probably check out any anime that is regarded great by respectable fans and/or people whose taste I trust. The only exception for now is all the Precure stuff because I just don't really enjoy Mahou Shoujo and if I ever try to get into the genre it'll be via Sailor Moon or CCS.
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 8, 2015 8:34 AM

Dec 2011
Gintama too.
Parody is not my thing. I dont get the references.
Nov 8, 2015 8:49 AM

Mar 2015
S0fi said:
usagi drop i can't unsee the manga ending
you can pretend that it's no exist or separate your ratings. i use the second, and it works.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 8, 2015 8:51 AM
Mar 2014
Praland said:

One Piece because it will never end, at least with Conan I wacthed some episodes as kid/teen so i had a reason to follow it.

why do people keep saying OP will never end?
Sure, it's long as fuck and is gonna continue for several more years, but that doesn't mean it's never going to end. Anyone who's watched/read OP knows it's definitely shaping towards an ending.
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Nov 8, 2015 8:54 AM
Mar 2014
mayukachan said:

Keep in mind that even the fans consider the first 50 episodes completely average, with the first 20 being flat-out bad.
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Nov 8, 2015 8:55 AM

Jul 2012
MeinKaiser said:
mayukachan said:

Fujoshit love Gintama
They don't look attractive, unless we're talking about doujin art.
I kinda dislike Sugita as a voice actor so this might be a pain to get through. I'd do it for Suzuken at least.
Nov 8, 2015 8:56 AM

Jul 2012
omfgplzstop said:
mayukachan said:

Keep in mind that even the fans consider the first 50 episodes completely average, with the first 20 being flat-out bad.

Yeah I've already seen 14 ish episodes and I fell asleep.

Hopefully I'll get past that.
Nov 8, 2015 8:59 AM

Feb 2010
omfgplzstop said:
mayukachan said:

Well, not really. The first ~20 episodes are uneventful build-up episodes for the most part, but not flat-out bad. And one of my favorite gintama episodes in general is in the first 50 episodes of the first series. Sure, it has a slow start and takes a while to establish the huge cast until the payoff starts, but I wouldn't have kept watching for 50 episodes if they were terrible. It's mostly exaggerated how bad those first X episodes are, and even among the first 50 are a bunch of legitimate gems.
Nov 8, 2015 9:01 AM

Aug 2015
Almost all high rated anime. I'm too hipster.
Nov 8, 2015 9:22 AM

Aug 2015
mayukachan said:
MeinKaiser said:

Fujoshit love Gintama
I kinda dislike Sugita as a voice actor so this might be a pain to get through. I'd do it for Suzuken at least.

Weird.. Sugita is supposed to be popular with girls
he is up there with Kamiya Hiroshi and Daisuke Ono when it comes to fangirls
Nov 8, 2015 9:36 AM

Feb 2010
MeinKaiser said:
mayukachan said:

I'm definitely a Sugita fangirl at heart. Who needs Kamiya & co if you got Sugita <3.
Nov 8, 2015 9:43 AM

Jul 2012
MeinKaiser said:

They are popular, but.. I'm not into all three of those seiyuu (I'm sorry comic sans) or at least, I don't watch an Anime specifically for them. I like the other popular seiyuu though, like Sakurai, Suzuken, Suwabe, Mamo, Tatsuhisa, etc.
Nov 8, 2015 10:24 AM

Aug 2014
SuperRed said:
I refuse to watch Texhnolyze despite being acclaimed as an amazing story by so many of my friends here, because I have an aversion to stories with minimal dialogue and downer/sad ending and prefer stories of triumph of humanity.

Is there a similar situation with you and a particular anime.

Texhnolyze, minimal dialogue, huh?

Wtf, I'm seriously laughing, Who told you that, OP? Because of the main character's disposition and demeanor? It's not, really!
HaeduansNov 8, 2015 10:29 AM
Nov 8, 2015 10:26 AM

Jul 2015
I dont have any reason not to watch any particular series that is considered GREAT, so, I will watch everything if its good. The only thing that can stop me is a lack of time.

Nov 8, 2015 10:58 AM

Apr 2014
Any outright action anime especially long ones like Hunter x hunter, magi, onepunch man. I'm getting kinda bored by them.
Nov 8, 2015 5:43 PM

May 2014
One piece>>> it has over 700 episodes and I'm prolly gonna be dead by the time it ends, so really, what is the point? Also, I don't like the character designs!

JoJo's Bizarre Adventures>>> I can't take the cheese and poses, also really not digging the look of the animation.

Hunter x Hunter>>> I love my shounen to have a good mix of guys and gals...but I don't even think there's one girl in the series, apart from a guy who looks like a girl!

Kingdom>>> I've heard quite a few ppl say how good Kingdom is, and it really pains me to say I'll never watch it, because I love historical anime...but the CG looks horrendous, I wouldn't be able to focus on the story! It ruins everything...ahh, such a shame :/

Death Note>>> I feel like the appeal of death note is in its suspense- you don't know what's going to happen...unfortunately, even without watching one episode of the anime, I do since my friends spoiled the entirety of the series back when it was hugely popular.

Evangelion>>> hate to be an art snob, but I hate, HATE the art style most 90's anime had. Pair this off with my hatred for mechs and weakling main characters and it's literally my worst nightmare.

Oh and Clannad, how could I forget??
I actually watched a little of it and dropped it- it wasn't bad, I just didn't connect with any of the characters Nagisa annoyed me. Key anime are too similar imo>>> random guy meets girls with issues and falls in love with the first one he meets and then FEELS. Also, forced romance and drama is a no go. Kanon (2006) was good when I watched it, but I think it's just nostalgia!
Strawberrycake48Nov 8, 2015 5:48 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2015 5:53 PM

Oct 2015
Honestly I can't really say because I typically like to give anything a chance. Yet, the length of a show would probably steer me anyway, or least cause me to continually push it back.
Nov 8, 2015 11:16 PM
Nov 2015
Fullmetal alchemist the first episode i saw when i was young was the the doctor who mixed his daughter with his dog... nightmares.
Nov 8, 2015 11:34 PM

Nov 2012
SuperRed said:
I refuse to watch Texhnolyze despite being acclaimed as an amazing story by so many of my friends here, because I have an aversion to stories with minimal dialogue and downer/sad ending and prefer stories of triumph of humanity.

Is there a similar situation with you and a particular anime.

It is just above average, not that amazing.
Nov 8, 2015 11:34 PM

Jun 2009
I'm a bit open-minded to not attempt to understand what a portion of the populace considers "great anime"...but I still have priorities...a shame, if only there was some sort of Hyperbolic Time Chamber.....
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» What is the superior Anime format? TV, Film, OVA, ONA, Shorts?

Dragevard - 9 hours ago

15 by ColourWheel »»
1 minute ago

» ➢Is there an anime that you liked when you first watched it, but hate it when you look back?

Gashadokur0 - 10 hours ago

14 by BigBoyAdvance »»
6 minutes ago

» Would anime be better if they started to use more adult casts?

Thy-Veseveia - 9 hours ago

16 by Ain2Zwei »»
15 minutes ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v10) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Dec 21, 2020

7213 by AnimonyListano »»
23 minutes ago

Poll: » Best part of Fate Franchise?

Diamtheroad - Yesterday

26 by SaiteiDaOrette »»
51 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.