Forum Settings
Forums
Fuuka
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Oct 27, 2014 6:05 PM
Oct 2014
I hate to be one of those ppl but i saw this coming, only because he didnt have a choice. Once I saw her drop the keychain on the road i knew how this was gonna play out. I can only hope he completely mind trips me and shes rly alive. Fuuka was the entire reason why i loved this manga, i rly hope she is just in a coma and is considered brain dead which is why there having a funeral. Then by some miracle she wakes up from the coma not brain dead maybe just paralized from the waist down.

Meanwhile a legend was born and she wakes up to hear his music. But honestly i dont see that happening it would be to close to his other works(girl gets in accident goes into coma). For this to be his original idea...she...has..to die fuck i dont even want to say it and im tearing up just writing this. But honestly there wasnt enough chapters of her FUCK!! now i have to reread them and appreciate her even more.

On another note stop ur bitching ppl i mean cry all u want but stop bitching SEO is a genius an so what if he did this to bring in sales its diff then the same shit over and over again how the main male lead ends up with main female lead. Also didnt they already name the band after her or something? someone correct me if im wrong.

Now that all of this has happened, i dont even care anymore i actually hope it turns out he becomes a big time player because he cant move on from fuuka, turn this bitch into a seinen lmao. Then he ends up with everyone including his fellow band mate whos in love with him. Then years later he ends up with his childhood friend whos also famous (who he used to have intimate relations with cuz he was still not over fuuka) or have fuuka wake up from a coma or have the younger sister grow up and bring him back to reality. Not sure about the last one i cant remember there age difference. Either way god this sucks losing fuuka.

*note* Is there a way she could of been the one to request a funeral? like in reality she god hurt so bad that she cant do any of her dreams like singing or track so she requested her parents give her a funeral...idk is just fucking weird her parents werent crying and im trying to find a reason why cuz we all know her parents are not cold evil bastards.
GreedoSh0tFirstOct 27, 2014 6:16 PM
Oct 27, 2014 6:17 PM
Apr 2009
what a move, I didn't read SUZUKA only KIMI NO, but I'm pretty sure those who did must be in a total shock. Nevertheless, this is a BIG move from SEO, I really like it despite feeling so sad from her death. Now I just can't wait to see what happen next and it better be "LEGEND"-ary.. Not sure how good this manga will turn up but I have good expectations. KIMI had a lot of ups and downs, but FUUKA, I don't know how to perceive it. In 1 week, we will see a beginning of something quite interesting... Take a deep breath and grieve for now.

TL;DR: WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW? SEO just made HIS manga into something totally unpredictable O_O!
Oct 27, 2014 6:32 PM

Apr 2013
Mhm, although it was shocking and depressing. This strangely enough, made my day. At least the last page did. Because it peaked my curiosity after listening to other people's ideas. Like a sister or something.

Oct 27, 2014 6:51 PM
Jan 2013
Wow Seo is betting his career with this chapter.
Oct 27, 2014 8:09 PM

Oct 2013
Porbaabl the author read Solanin when he was drawing this
Oct 27, 2014 8:27 PM

Sep 2012
What, I don't even, I was expecting a coma or loss of memory but not her death, damn, can't say that I saw this coming, I thought this would be a romance manga with a bit of drama here and there but not depressing, it doesn't even have a "Tragedy" or "Seinen" tag. Just when I was starting to like the character, I wasn't a big fan of her at first but she grew on me and then this happens, still interested in seeing how things will go from here though, as sad as it is, is not something that I have seen in a manga like this and it was totally unexpected so I have to give Seo props for that, I'm expecting a 2-4 years time-skip next chapter.
Oct 27, 2014 8:44 PM
Oct 2014
Honestly, I'll give fuuka, 1-2 more chapter, this was really a blow to my soul, and I'm not interested to see how yuu will continue on living, I didn't read fuuka for a tragedy development, I read it for romance...And stayed for fuuka, now I have no reason to stay.

And suzuka is ruined for me now too, knowing that their child is going to die.
Oct 27, 2014 8:52 PM
Sep 2013
WHAT THE FLYING FUCK DID I JUST READ I AM IN UTTER DISBELIEF WHY SEO WHY

THIS TRAGEDY SHIT IS NOT GOOD FOR THE SOUL I HAVE EXAMS

G FUCKING G TELLING MYSELF TO DROP IT BUT KNOWING I'LL READ NEXT WEEK'S ANYWAY
Oct 27, 2014 9:11 PM

Jan 2013
Looks like SEO is going full controversial like he did in KNIM. imo fuuka was a bit of a dead weight as she'd just bring a white album like love triangle, so seeing her go makes it a lot more interesting now.

(excuse the pun)
Oct 27, 2014 9:15 PM
Oct 2014
After last chapter I was dreading that Seo sensei was going to go with some kind of amnesia plot were Fuuka forgot who she was... despite how much blood was under her, and all the angel feathers around her, I didn't think she would die... The manga is named Fuuka... I never even consider that her death would be possible... HOW IS SHE DEAD!!!! So frustrated with this... but I'll keep reading I guess...
Oct 27, 2014 9:19 PM
Oct 2014
polesp said:
Looks like SEO is going full controversial like he did in KNIM. imo fuuka was a bit of a dead weight as she'd just bring a white album like love triangle, so seeing her go makes it a lot more interesting now.

(excuse the pun)

I agree, she wasn't the best lead character... I would go as far as saying that she was kinda boring. .. but I still can't believe she would be killed. I can honestly say that I don't know which direction this manga is going now...
Oct 27, 2014 9:26 PM
Jul 2012
No. No. No. Nooo!!!

Depressing chapter. Wasnt expecting her death... Why was she killed off like that even though the name of the manga is her name?! Well something is going down as it said in the chapter. Hope it's something I can look forward to. It might be too early but Yuu x Koyuki!

But damn. That was unexpected as hell!
Oct 27, 2014 9:54 PM

Sep 2012
I'm still shocked, damn, she really is dead...
Oct 27, 2014 10:10 PM

Aug 2011
SEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Oct 27, 2014 10:21 PM
Oct 2014
What the fuck are you doing Seo? Are you crazy? holy shit! how you going to kill the main character in the manga, why you put her name in the manga's name if you were going to kill her early, definitely, you hurt my heart and you damage my night... Yuu please get the dragon balls and revives Fuuka :C

Pdt: First step: Denial
Second step: anger .... I'm on this step
Third step: negotiation, but this step will come later, (by the way, i always thought that seo-sensei was a good person, damn)
Oct 27, 2014 10:48 PM

Jul 2014
This is why you shouldn't take advice from Urobutcher. You are an idiot Seo.
Oct 27, 2014 11:06 PM
Jul 2012
I kinda want Lucia to have Yuta child and have it destroy the world since it would be a "Legend".
Oct 27, 2014 11:41 PM

Jan 2013
There's no way in hell fuuka is dead there would be alot more people at her funeral heck miho and ayano were not even present that may be another reason her death is a joke.. and theres no way suzuka and yamato wouldnt be crying.
Oct 28, 2014 12:00 AM

Aug 2012
Well played Seo well freakin played like WTF.
Oct 28, 2014 12:46 AM

Jan 2008
Just you watch - next chapter it turns out it was just a bad dream. Fuck I predict nothing and expect everything.

2. The main characters change to Daiki and Yuuka' sister under Yuuka's shadow, or Yuu's tutelage.

Honestly that would sound interesting. I would still feel robbed but this concept does peak my interest.

About the whole droping issue - I sure as hell ain't gonna drop it now. I am so unstatisfied I absolutely have to see what happens later on.

Think he got tired of her and thats why he killed her of and wanted another girl in the story?

If that was some unexperienced/new author I'd say it would be possible. But for Seo? No way. I'm sure he had it planned all along and these 37 chapters were really only a prologue to a real story.

That awkward moment when you realize that so far you were reading Fuuka to cheer yourself up...

God damn that's so right. But it's seo. Should have known.
WerchielOct 28, 2014 1:28 AM
Oct 28, 2014 12:52 AM
Jul 2013
When he named the manga Fuuka I thought we were in for another bs Suzuka where you know who the MC ends up with and it ruins a lot of the other relationships.....well played Seo, you got us all again.....They needed a way to get him to hook up with the pop star before ending up with his bandmate. Also add arbitrary random character that'll show up and never get his attention.
Oct 28, 2014 1:45 AM

Nov 2011
wtf..she died that bullshit. Maybe they band will be name fuuka in remembrance of her.
wuxiaspearOct 28, 2014 1:54 AM

Oct 28, 2014 1:53 AM

Jan 2014
Spider-titan55 said:
DeadZeroSource said:
wait guys, was Fuuka's parents and sister even shown in the funeral? not to mention... Seo didn't show Fuuka being on the coffin., just the big picture frame.. are they by any chance gonna fake her death, because she maybe has an amnesia, so many possibilities? still hoping that she is alive on my part :(

you know, seeing yin as your icon makes me hope brina palencia voices fuuka. also, that is the stupid and denial theory i've ever read.fuuka's dead.

http://image-cdn.zap2it.com/images/sherlock-frozen-mashup-2.gif

sorry for my theory, but I just can't see this manga leading to.. seeing the title is Fuuka.. and she's dead already...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Oct 28, 2014 2:01 AM

Jan 2014
<3 comment this :D
Jakerams said:
I kinda want Lucia to have Yuta child and have it destroy the world since it would be a "Legend".

Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Oct 28, 2014 2:05 AM

Feb 2007
So we're going the supernatural route now? Since Fuuka is still the title character, after all...
Oct 28, 2014 3:57 AM

Jun 2010
Honestly I'm a little pissed, especially since Fuuka is the daughter of Yamato and Suzuka and we've all read Suzuka(manga), this makes me sad in more than one ways. I honestly couldn't give less of a crap what Yuu felt, but god, we saw little Fuuka in omakes and at the end of Suzuka, I feel as devastated as Yamato and Suzuka. Yuu knew Fuuka for like what a month? We got to see Fuuka grow up and to be suddenly killed like this....
Oct 28, 2014 6:16 AM
Nov 2011
Now this really can be interesting. Don't disappoint me, Seo. Finally your manga can be unpredictable.
Oct 28, 2014 6:57 AM
Jan 2014
Someone add to the vote thingy there the option: " It's complicated" . Because , I hated that, of course if you talk originality and how amazing it is for the story i loved that, but i mean to simply kill fuuka, and i read suzuka, i felt like those characters were like family, and they lost their daughter... moving on, Seo Kouji is a great writer, you could really feel Yuu's pain, sure he killed characters before,but the main girl that's just new level. Thats why, it's complicated.
Oct 28, 2014 8:27 AM

Jan 2009
im sensing the ending leading to a daughter named Fuuka in honor of her, or something along those lines

Oct 28, 2014 8:44 AM
Jun 2014
I did not see this coming! Fuuka's death. I mean what the fuck! And she's meant to be one of the main characters of the manga.

I'm guessing Haruna and his childhood friend will get together in the future (first love idea). Eventually, Haruna will become famous and will honour the memory of Fuuka and potentially name his daughter with his childhood friend Fuuka.

An alternative ending is Haruna ends up with the girl who secretly loves him; the girl who follows him on Twitter. They fall in love and essentially creates a band called Fuuka or something.
Oct 28, 2014 10:01 AM

Feb 2013
Behemoth11 said:
Before I forget...please tell me if Yū finds the dragonballs to bring her back to life, ok?

haha lol :D
Oct 28, 2014 10:30 AM

Jun 2014
This was great. I'm not sure why a lot of people suddenly want to drop this manga. Her death is incredibly impactful and will probably serve for a lot of character development. Tokyo Ghoul had a lot of deaths, but people loved it for its tragedy. I don't see why it has to be any different with Fuuka.

If she somehow gets reincarnated though ...
XariOct 28, 2014 12:08 PM

Oct 28, 2014 10:41 AM

Sep 2012
I still can't get over this, too sad, I was really under the impression that something like this could never happen in this manga, that this was a comedy-romance manga with a bit of drama here and there :'(
MC117Oct 28, 2014 11:09 AM
Oct 28, 2014 11:04 AM

Sep 2010
Xari said:
This was great. I'm not sure why a lot of people suddenly want to drop this manga. Her death is incredibly impactful and will probably serve for a lot of character development.

If she somehow gets reincarnated though ...

I guess I wouldn't be so mad if there was somebody just like her that comes up in the story. But still T.T no one will replace her completely. I hate how depressed I am :/
Oct 28, 2014 11:09 AM

Aug 2012
JusTFoRTroll said:
I did not see this coming! Fuuka's death. I mean what the fuck! And she's meant to be one of the main characters of the manga.

I'm guessing Haruna and his childhood friend will get together in the future (first love idea). Eventually, Haruna will become famous and will honour the memory of Fuuka and potentially name his daughter with his childhood friend Fuuka.

An alternative ending is Haruna ends up with the girl who secretly loves him; the girl who follows him on Twitter. They fall in love and essentially creates a band called Fuuka or something.

Why the fuck people should read this? Seo just killed his best charachter ever.

But we should have something coming when they were dating too early.
Oct 28, 2014 11:23 AM

Oct 2009
More than half of the people here liked her death, which is not surprising. Why? Because anything having to do with Death, Blood and Violence, is trendy and enjoyable. My score has went down considerably. IMO, this manga died when Fuuka died. Even though I was shipping Koyuki most of the time.
Oct 28, 2014 11:50 AM

Jul 2013
Well, people overreacting as usual with this kind of plot twist.
I particularly think it was a extremely bold move, props to the author for that. Now, if it will turn the story better ot not remains to be seem. I for one am excited with the possibilities, but sad because I really liked Fuuka and I really like her parents, so I'm feeling it.
Oct 28, 2014 12:08 PM

Jun 2014
Tony777 said:
More than half of the people here liked her death, which is not surprising. Why? Because anything having to do with Death, Blood and Violence, is trendy and enjoyable. My score has went down considerably. IMO, this manga died when Fuuka died. Even though I was shipping Koyuki most of the time.

Or maybe it's because death is tragically touching and meaningful.

Oct 28, 2014 1:10 PM

Sep 2012
Tony777 said:

Too soon to say that, lets wait and see how things will go from here.
Oct 28, 2014 1:43 PM

Oct 2011
As sad as it was, it's nice seeing Seo doing something unexpected, and change the pace of the story. It's not because I like seeing main characters die or anything.

However, it does feel strange seeing the daughter of the Suzuka & Yamato died, like you feel more empathy for the parents because you got to know the parents from Seo's previous work.

And I wonder if the legend will be the supernatural type or the music legend type.

On another note, this reminds me of Cross Game. Probably because I just read it a few months ago.
AkagatariOct 28, 2014 1:51 PM
Signature
Oct 28, 2014 1:57 PM

Jan 2013
Dropped
Oct 28, 2014 2:25 PM
Feb 2012
Not upset about how any of the characters in Fuuka feel. That's heartbreaking, but not necessarily the worst. It's just that, Suzuka was one of my favorite manga for years now, and now I can never reread it without feeling the impending sadness of fuuka's death. I can't just pretend that it's not canon that their daughter is dead. It feels almost like the prequel has been invalidated. I mean, I could deal with the rage that is KNIM but this is honestly just ruining my favorite seo manga and what could have been a sweet sequel for the sake of a cheap and unintelligent plot twist. If he was going to kill her, he could have at the least been more creative than "hey, giant bus is about to just kill this character." I would have been less upset if she at least died of some sort of disease or something that actually made sense.
Oct 28, 2014 3:01 PM

Sep 2010
I liked the character of Fuuka. Seo's best work for a female so far.
But seeing the daughter of the couple (Suzuka and Yamato) that we watched fall in love was just adding on to the fire of how pissed and depressed I am about Fuuka's death. :(

WoahBuddy said:
If he was going to kill her, he could have at the least been more creative than "hey, giant bus is about to just kill this character." I would have been less upset if she at least died of some sort of disease or something that actually made sense.

For real though, this is like the worst way to kill someone. -_-
shaunyboi14Oct 28, 2014 3:04 PM
Oct 28, 2014 4:08 PM
May 2014
So I just finished Seo's other piece "A town where you live", and now he does this to me??? How the hell am I supposed to emotionally recover from this?????
Oct 28, 2014 4:10 PM
Jan 2013
Don't worry, japanese audience has great influence on authors. If the japanese readers are not satisfied with this turn of events, Seo will probably bring back our Fuuka (like it was a dream or something). What I said is hypothetical though.
EquajowOct 28, 2014 4:38 PM
Oct 28, 2014 5:46 PM
Dec 2013
my thoughts for this chapter and for the next chapter:
 If Yuu-kun go abroad time skip plot:
• Seeing yuu-kun by his parents unable to recover from the death of his late girlfriend they decided to take yuu-kun and his little sister chitose to transfer in America, there he will meet Shelly Hornets again and have some relationship development, then after 3 years he will go back to japan (time skip for 3 years yuu-kun will take college in japan) and reform the band (just some thoughts connecting to Shelly hornets for a possible next heroine).

 He stayed in Japan plot:
• new girl will be introduced some kind resembles fuuka looks personality and appearance.
• she saw how amazing yuu-kun sing and fall in love with him at first sight some kinda like that.
• she finds out that the main heroine/fuuka is dead and the band is in the brink of being disband or already disband and will be reform again with the new girl.
• she's a transfer student much related to fuuka (but not her sister; for fucking asspull why everyone wish it's the sister to replace fuuka as the next heroine?) or the real tama-chan sister if she have a sister, or honoka sakurai's daughter must be a good plot you have there right.
• after learning yuu-kun and fuuka dated before she passed away (new girl) will pester yuu-kun to start the band again in memories of fuuka's dream.
• she will be the acting manager something like that (just a thought from suzuka 3rd heroine aka honoka sakurai route).
• fuuka's death will give yuu-kun a great character development hopefully, new girl or kuyoki will help yuu-kun get back to his feet and heal his broken hearth.
• Yuu-kun will become an hikimori (shut-in/NEET) just playing online games like WoW/RIFT.

for those whose hoping for a fake funeral? really guys are you even reading? its official fuuka is dead get over it damnit she not getting back to the living, i dont hate fuuka and i really like her but as of chapter 36 there is no way you will survive hit by a truck and so much blood poured on the ground you will get brain-dead on that outcome right on the spot.

It is shown that yuu-kun on the 2nd last page he seal his bass on the closet, its a sign that he will not play for awhile and maybe new girl will help him wake up from reality, he’s cold heart now he don't want to accept reality, just like fuuka’s parents suzuka and yamato on shock of their daughter’s death sometimes you just don't feel the tears coming out or they already cried so much that tears wont go out anymore, when my uncle died his family cried on the hospital so much that on the funeral tears wont go out anymore and when he got put on the grave thats the time they teared up again.

just an info for others, yuu's band name is fallen moon means Akitsuki Fuuka.
really looking forward for the next chapter..
Oct 28, 2014 7:08 PM

Jan 2012
well im pretty much in the same boat as most people on this chapter. Wasn't expecting this big change, dont know how i feel about blah blah blah. One thing i wont do is stop reading. I try to get the author some credit and if he can write a great story around this then heck im all for it. Of course im a little hurt Fuuka had to go to do it but i will give it time to see if it can play into something bigger and better. Had no idea she was the daughter of the Suzuka characters. Brain fart ultimate level. Makes it even worse though to see Fuuka go. If the author does reverse it somehow lets just see how it all goes. Can't judge a book just on one moment
Oct 28, 2014 7:39 PM

Jun 2013
I'm actually pretty excited about this new development, don't get me wrong I loved Fuuka but his childhood friend (the idol, blanking on her name right now) was my preferred match. I'm looking forward to what happens to Yuu next.
Oct 28, 2014 8:56 PM

Dec 2009
Seo's definitely wanted to reader to have a feeling of Catharsis. It's been a long time since I felt such heartache and sadness for a fictional character.

I don't know know how to feel as this manga continues. Fuuka as a character is irreplacable. Anybody Yuu dates from this moment on will never have the emotional pull that Fuuka did.

Just like Seo said in the opening chapters, she is like a hot wind and we as readers couldn't help but feel pulled in by her nature. Then one moment and she is gone. Like people in the real world, one minute they could be alive, the next they could be gone.

And now, I think many of us feel lost. How could Fuuka continue with Fuuka? That is for Seo to decide. And for us to judge.
Oct 28, 2014 9:39 PM
Dec 2012
Interesting for killing off fuuka.
Really didn't expect that though it would be just those typical in the hospital scene.

Looking forward to what happens next.

Masterpiece or train wreck only time will tell.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» what seo had to say about the future of Fuuka

Spider-titan55 - Feb 18, 2015

21 by ersdtrycgh »»
Sep 29, 2022 8:13 AM

Poll: » Fuuka Chapter 184 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2018

10 by HectorBlaze »»
Apr 20, 2022 4:55 AM

Poll: » Fuuka Chapter 195 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

37 by Stargazingx »»
Mar 12, 2022 3:52 PM

Poll: » Fuuka Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

-Karoshi- - Feb 8, 2014

111 by daywithoutgames »»
Mar 8, 2022 11:56 AM

» how related is fuuka and suzuka

PremiumCascade - Nov 30, 2014

12 by efbaei »»
Jul 14, 2021 12:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.