Mobile only
Oct 16, 2015 4:29 PM

Mar 2013
Really liking the new interface.
Oct 16, 2015 4:30 PM

Jan 2009
Deko_myanimelist said:
Anyone else with this problem maybe?
Like images not loading at all or they take up to 5 min to load, this never happened before this UI update.
Does mal have some connection problems atm
Here is what i'm talking about:
[ IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/2rma41w.jpg[/IMG]
[ IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/160dlab.jpg[/IMG]

Here is my net speed so you cant' tell me " it's your shit net speed brah "

If anyone knows anything pls replay

post those screenshots and problem of yours here - http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1438662
Oct 16, 2015 4:31 PM

Aug 2010
Reminds me of the old facebook actually ... I can't even

Jun 2015
i liked :D

Jan 2013
Cleaning...

Removed spam, quote chaining, reaction images.

Removing off-topic posts....
Oct 16, 2015 4:32 PM

Feb 2010
galimx said:
I hope they will atleast move the about me section under statistics.... :( I want statistics at top.

there's a userscript for that in case you didn't know already. I kinda doubt the change will be undone so that's our best option.
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/13110-myanimelist-mal-profile-switch-2
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 16, 2015 4:33 PM

Apr 2015
ios said:
Deko_myanimelist said:
Anyone else with this problem maybe?
Like images not loading at all or they take up to 5 min to load, this never happened before this UI update.
Does mal have some connection problems atm
Here is what i'm talking about:
[ IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/2rma41w.jpg[/IMG]
[ IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/160dlab.jpg[/IMG]

Here is my net speed so you cant' tell me " it's your shit net speed brah "

If anyone knows anything pls replay

post those screenshots and problem of yours here - http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1438662

ok ill do that
Oct 16, 2015 4:35 PM

Feb 2009
Godawful
Oct 16, 2015 4:39 PM

May 2012
Looks good, love the new statistics. Can we kinda customize it though?

Like pushing the statistics and list updates to the top and the About me beneath it. I know it's like the old layout but I personally liked this more
Oct 16, 2015 4:39 PM

Apr 2014
I think the new interface it a bit better than the old one, although it will take quite to get used to it. I'm happy that we are finally able to expand our favorites a bit; that was always something I found very limiting in the old version.
I'm not a fan of how big the statistics section appears to be though. I always found the "last anime/manga updates" to be quite useless, and now they stand even more out.
Oct 16, 2015 4:40 PM

Jun 2011
galimx said:
I hope Xinil reads this thread.

I don't think anything will happen even if he read.
Actually, he might be reading right now with a cup of coffee and some donuts, laughing at us.
----------------------------
I still don't understand what MAL wants. They are trying to become "modern", but it's "exoskeleton" is still old. So when they try to transform parts of the layout in a "modern way", it just doesn't match with the old "exoskeleton".

Everybody remember this update, right:

I'm not against it, but look... it's just... doesn't match. It's out of place. If all the main menu was like that, it would be nice, because everything would be in the same place, with the same style. But no, they took 3 things from the "old menu" and throw in this thing at the top, that doesn't match the overall style of the site. It's the same with our new stats bars and etc. They don't match with >anything else<.

So if you want a more modern look, change >everything<, from the very beggining, and then give us a 100% fresh and new MAL. Don't just change the style of random things and throw them at us out of nowhere. It's like mixing a Ferrari engine with an old Volkswagen Beetle body.
OiaczOct 16, 2015 4:45 PM
Oct 16, 2015 4:40 PM

Aug 2010
That style was amazing for example, why they didn't took example :c
Oct 16, 2015 4:41 PM

Oct 2012
I don't like it.
I really don't.

I'd rather not see friends on the profile. It's not that pertinent. Also I think having tabs on the top was better, easier. Before, we could have a global view of the main things just by clicking on profile, now we have to scroll down... Everything looks complicated... I kind of want to erase my About Me section because I feel it looks aggressive that way.

There is too much information in a stack.
Numbers everywhere.
I don't know where to look.

I miss the shades of blue.
The favorites were my favorite thing about MAL but now they look terrible.

But you know... Since we don't have a choice I'll move on and endure it.
I wish we had a choice though.
Oct 16, 2015 4:41 PM

Apr 2015
HighKing77 said:
I do not like this... at all.
Option to go back to the old design please? I find this one to be really ugly...

I vote for this one options are never bad ideas
Oct 16, 2015 4:43 PM

Feb 2014
I'd rather have my favorites back on the left side, cuz having it in the middle takes up all that space and is harder to look at, but the rest I can get used to...eventually

edit: actually, I want the list views back, but right above the forum post stats, wouldn't hurt cuz the view count only takes up 2 more lines
also I'd rather [friends] and [favorites] switch places, with friends being on the bottom of the page, and favorites on the left side right under the affinity percentage things.
GenocyberOct 16, 2015 4:48 PM

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Oct 16, 2015 4:43 PM

Mar 2014
Woah this new design feels so refreshing from the old version!!! XD good job xinil!! b(~.^)d wasn't a fan of the mobile version update but this one totally kicks ass ^^
Don't bother checking my list, im too lazy to fill it in XD
Oct 16, 2015 4:46 PM

Jan 2014
Oiacz said:
galimx said:
I hope Xinil reads this thread.

I don't think anything will happen even if he read.
Actually, he might be reading right now with a cup of coffee and some donuts, laughing at us.
----------------------------
I still don't understand what MAL wants. They are trying to become "modern", but it's "exoskeleton" is still old. So when they try to transform parts of the layout in a "modern way", it just doesn't match with the old "exoskeleton".

Everybody remember this update, right:

I'm not against it, but look... it's just... doesn't match. It's out of place. If all the main menu was like that, it would be nice, because everything would be in the same place, with the same style. But no, they took 3 things from the "old menu" and throw in this thing at the top, that doesn't match the overall style of the site. It's the same with our new stats bars and etc. They don't match with >anything else<.

So if you want a more modern look, change >everything<, from the very beggining, and then give us a 100% fresh and new MAL. Don't just change the style of random things and throw them at us out of nowhere. It's like mixing a Ferrari engine with an old Volkswagen Beetle body.

Agree
Oct 16, 2015 4:48 PM

Aug 2011
I like it, good job guys ;)
the others will get used to it, or give them the option to revert back, so they stop comlaining
Oct 16, 2015 4:50 PM

Aug 2015
I kinda like it, I would prefer the favourites to be back on the left side though.
Oct 16, 2015 4:50 PM

Aug 2011
Love it!

» Escapism.

Oct 16, 2015 4:52 PM

Jan 2012
When u click on forum posts ,u get nothing only a blank page .
is this a new bug?

Oct 16, 2015 4:56 PM

Jan 2009
AllenVonStein said:
is this a new bug?

you people are not reading the update of Kineta?

here she said this on the first page - Forum posts links to an incorrect url. (Known Bugs)
Oct 16, 2015 4:58 PM

Jan 2013
>new design

It's too dense tbh fam.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Oct 16, 2015 5:00 PM

Oct 2007
_Ghost_ said:
Cleaning...

Thanks for the notice. While you're here - would it be possible for someone from staff to actually voice the opinion on this matter?
Oct 16, 2015 5:07 PM

Nov 2013
Progeusz said:
_Ghost_ said:
Cleaning...

Thanks for the notice. While you're here - would it be possible for someone from staff to actually voice the opinion on this matter?
They aren't going to do anything about it.
Oct 16, 2015 5:08 PM
May 2013
Since you removed my earlier post...

Why do you want to appeal to kids so much?? But the more important question, will you give the option to choose the old design? And if you don't, why not?
Oct 16, 2015 5:08 PM

Jan 2012
ios said:
AllenVonStein said:
is this a new bug?

you people are not reading the update of Kineta?

here she said this on the first page - Forum posts links to an incorrect url. (Known Bugs)

Nope u didn't understand ,i meant when u click on FP from ur profile

I can't see old threads from yesterday .

Oct 16, 2015 5:10 PM

Oct 2007
HandsomeMan said:
They aren't going to do anything about it.
I know. I just want to put some pressure on the horrible people who destroyed the place I once loved.
Oct 16, 2015 5:13 PM

Dec 2014
Here's my idea for a better design using bad photoshop skills

1.Bring back the old header at the top, its easy to use and there are no complications with it. Also you could add more sections with it.

2. The bars and the updates should be right below the header and the damm section needs to be smaller similar to what i have in the pic.

3. The about me section on the left side should show EVERY info you have and they SHOULD be in the same place not all over the place.

4. Favorites section should go back to the left side and keep the extra info about what type it is (TV,OVA,Movie,Manga,Novel,etc...)

5.About me section should display FULLY not show a part of it and have an arrow to show the rest. Im sorry but thats just dumb and it fucks up any profile layout. This should be an option in profile settings to toggle on/off not by default.
EthelricOct 16, 2015 5:19 PM
ᅠᅠᅠᅠᅠᅠᅠ

Oct 16, 2015 5:16 PM

Apr 2013
Thx!! Whoo~ Nice Update.
Oct 16, 2015 5:18 PM

Mar 2014
I like the new design.

Loving the statistics, days of anime spent was unnecessary anyway and many people abusing it to show theirselves off.
What is great and loved the most that you can see the last updated now separated in anime and manga PLUS the ratings. Well done.

10 favorites was also a great decision and the opening feature to save space is also cool.
About the little about me there are surely many possibilities with the fantasy of a human mind. I changed mine as well now and in future will improve it.

Good job, you have my support.

EDIT:
What's up with the affinity/compatibility? It has sunken remarkably.
I also didn't encounter anything with a "minus" affinity. How is this possible anyway?
-AnokataOct 16, 2015 5:31 PM
Oct 16, 2015 5:19 PM

Aug 2010
Ethelric said:
Here's my idea for a better design using bad photoshop skills

1.Bring back the old header at the top, its easy to use and there are no complications with it. Also you could add more sections with it.

2. The bars and the updates should be right below the header and the damm section needs to be smaller similar to what i have in the pic.

3. The about me section should show EVERY info you have and they SHOULD be in the same place not all over the place.

4. Favorites section should go back to the left side and keep the extra info about what type it is (TV,OVA,Movie,Manga,Novel,etc...)

5.About me section should display FULLY not show a part of it and have an arrow to show the rest. Im sorry but thats just dumb and it fucks up any profile layout. This should be an option in profile settings to toggle on/off not by default.

Yep, but honestly, I kinda dislike the new statistics as well. It's now based on which section is the bigger, which is totally irrevelant. Back then, we would have this information but also a really nice look on the amount of the animes/mangas watched/read at first sight.
Oct 16, 2015 5:23 PM

Jun 2010
While it is tempting to just call for a total revert, there are positive parts to this new design. The stat area is a step in the right direction but it is still sorely lacking to what MALgraph offers. Achievements would look great on people's profile page and I've always wanted to have that graph of scores by year and decade on my profile page. This is a site designed around constructing databases of information, many (most?) of the users want more stats.

I do not like restricting of the length About me section. I understand some people don't like visiting profiles with really lengthy, image intense About sections but other people do. There is a simple fix - under user's preferences have a check box for if you want to restrict viewing of others About me section to 1000 px or not.

Also, people should be able to arrange the sections on their profile page how they want. I want the top thing to be my stats.

I kinda like the favorite section. The rows need to have an alternating white/grey background to separate entries better. Vertical lines separating the columns might be helpful too. Letting people have more than 5 entries for each list is nice but if entries 6-10 are auto-hidden than what's the point, very few people are going to bother clicking to expand the list. I would want to see people's full list. You could add a preference asking the user if they want to see other people's full list or not.
Oct 16, 2015 5:25 PM

Apr 2014
Please, oh please let us use the old layout.

shuryukan said:
Robokiller87 said:
Im taking every step to acquire a userscript to revert the profile to original form.

I am not able to enjoy this new format.
please share ASAP. AND I MEAN ASAP

Please b0ss, I need it so badly. The new layout gave me cancer.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
_Ghost_Oct 16, 2015 7:35 PM
Oct 16, 2015 5:31 PM

Jul 2015
Honestly, short of starting an online war, the probability of being able to switch between the old profile design and new profile design is about rock bottom. It would be pretty disturbing switching between profiles and seeing the former style and the new style. Not to mention that MAL is a dictatorship. Unless the majority of MAL users went on hiatus, the least we can expect, hopefully, is a few changes to the current/new profile style. That seems unlikely since Xinil updated his first post with an explanation saying "we" wanted this. A quite lengthy explanation too. Which just means that if he has to explain to us the details of the new profile, he won't be changing it.

Sayonara bland simplicity.
"Ohhh how humans fall to love so easily. Tis a truth unrequited that we, being so weak, pity the weak, and detest the weaker."

-My Brain

Oct 16, 2015 5:35 PM

Jul 2010
Just change statistics to old ones and move everything that's under About Me section to above it.Or let us do it.
Oct 16, 2015 5:37 PM

Feb 2013
I don't like it. Change it back.
Oct 16, 2015 5:40 PM

Feb 2014
Just do this
RedUbs said:
A quick edit of the new MAL profile layout made via playing around with the HTML and CSS code(s). Needs improvements but the basic layout is there.

Thing's I'd change (some of which are somewhat represented in the image below):
- (this is an improvement for the image I made below) The statistics in the left bar need removing as some are duplicate stats + messy. I would put Animelist views in the right/main panel, somewhere under anime stats, same with manga list views under manga stats. I would want to change the position profile views, by putting it somewhere neater on the left panel.
- Animelist & Mangalist buttons under profile picture (as displayed below).
- About me section under the statistics section (as below but forgot to add "About Me" header to it).
- I don't mind the new colourful bars scattered around the profile, but I would personally prefer lighter shades of those colours, like this:
- I'd also rather the favourites were as they were before on the left (in the position as it is in my image but make it neater, probably best as it was before the update)

note: I'm using a stylesheet called 'Modernized' which I downloaded via 'Stylish' (a Chrome extension)
Oct 16, 2015 5:46 PM

Sep 2011
Makes me not want use the site. Can you give us option to pick style we want? That way everyone is happy if like it or not.
Oct 16, 2015 5:51 PM
Sep 2014
Please bring back the old design
Oct 16, 2015 5:58 PM

Aug 2010
ScottR said:
Honestly, short of starting an online war, the probability of being able to switch between the old profile design and new profile design is about rock bottom. It would be pretty disturbing switching between profiles and seeing the former style and the new style. Not to mention that MAL is a dictatorship. Unless the majority of MAL users went on hiatus, the least we can expect, hopefully, is a few changes to the current/new profile style. That seems unlikely since Xinil updated his first post with an explanation saying "we" wanted this. A quite lengthy explanation too. Which just means that if he has to explain to us the details of the new profile, he won't be changing it.

It can be changed by codes so you will see the style you want on every profiles.
Oct 16, 2015 6:06 PM

Jul 2015
Renji- said:
ScottR said:

It can be changed by codes so you will see the style you want on every profiles.

I meant without changing the base code. Lots of people are complaining and asking for an option to switch back. There won't be an option to switch back except by changing the code. That's what I meant.
"Ohhh how humans fall to love so easily. Tis a truth unrequited that we, being so weak, pity the weak, and detest the weaker."

-My Brain

Oct 16, 2015 6:08 PM

Mar 2009
I dunno, I like it, my only critique is that I wish the "About Me' section could be dropped below the stats on our lists - since those are the name sake of the site, and some of the about me sections are too 'heavy' to be up top, imo. Hell, even mine just having a Youtube video looks strange. Other than that, the colours and contours of it all are nice.
Oct 16, 2015 6:11 PM

Mar 2010
CloverD said:
DeoxysPrime said:
Garbage. I can't even offer constructive criticism of this. It's all completely awful in every respect.

Sometimes I want to be polite but I so agree with him...

Please, it's awful I hate it :/, it's BIG, not subtil, in the middle of the page... please change this... try to make some little change but not everithing in same time :/ I don't know what to say... I really dislike it very much... I know the efforts but, I don't think "I'll be used to it" is a normal comment to do. I think it is objectively really not practical nor ergonomic nor beautiful... I don't want to be mean, but I'm very honnest with my feelings...

I don't want to use this new MyanimeList :/
Well When I first saw it I got a bit of a shock as well, but after you look at it for a bit.. it starts to grow on you.. Hopefully all your feelings is just shock. There are some things that they took away that seems unnecessary that I want back Like, List views.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 16, 2015 6:12 PM

Jul 2015
GoodEnoughForMe said:
I dunno, I like it, my only critique is that I wish the "About Me' section could be dropped below the stats on our lists - since those are the name sake of the site, and some of the about me sections are too 'heavy' to be up top, imo. Hell, even mine just having a Youtube video looks strange. Other than that, the colours and contours of it all are nice.

That's pretty much everyone's critique. Even the people who like it want the about me at the bottom. This new profile is conceited. I'm less interested in who a person is then what they watch and what their completed anime is at. I only care about the about me if i am impressed at a person's stats.

-My Brain

Oct 16, 2015 6:14 PM

Mar 2010
GoodEnoughForMe said:
There are some users that like it at the top and I have read some comments that want the profile comments on the top, the best solution would be to modify our profiles to what we want, like our panel.

controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 16, 2015 6:15 PM

Jun 2012
I liked the old design better, it was much more simple. But I still don't think the new one is all that bad. People are bitching too much.
Oct 16, 2015 6:19 PM

Mar 2010
Daddy said:
I liked the old design better, it was much more simple. But I still don't think the new one is all that bad. People are bitching too much.
It isn't that bad, everyone I think is just having shock from seeing this for the first time. I guess It depends how individuals handle constant change and the updates that follow.

But my feels.
Oct 16, 2015 6:21 PM

Apr 2013
Other than the New Statistics, i love the Old Layout More... ==a also i do love to have my list view back on profile page, and Comment tho ._____.

More fav is great, but... you hide 5 of them, lel. also people might just too lazy to view the rest XD. and now the left panel feels blanky (don't know the word) when scrolling down. :)

AND... the most unaccepted changes on new layout..... you remove the gray and white border around anime cover and others profile pic. >< that's was actually "MAL’s unique character" ><

Anyway looking foward to MALgraph-like features.

TL;DR bring back List View and Comment also Gray and White border ;D

Pages (50) « First ... « 28 29 [30] 31 32 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Related Anime/Manga Section Changes ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - May 23

104 by Adnash »»
9 hours ago

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

247 by Bell_cz »»
Yesterday, 11:22 AM

» MAL Game "Fantasy Anime League" Opens for Spring 2024 ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Mar 17

146 by Shadelurker »»
Yesterday, 9:38 AM

» [Update May 24] Interest Stacks: New feature for custom theme lists and challenges ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Apr 6, 2022

204 by Someone_Someone_ »»
Yesterday, 6:44 AM

» Favorites Boosting Accounts: Ranking Recalculations ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - May 6, 2021

407 by bastek66 »»
May 31, 2:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.