Pages (35) « First ... « 27 28 [29] 30 31 » ... Last »
Apr 30, 2015 1:31 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
RichtheLionheart said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

Adblock.

You can't Adblock Hulu

Well, technically you can, but you are still watching a blank/black screen for the duration of the ad :P. Not much better, in fact, probably worse.
Apr 30, 2015 3:54 AM
Sep 2010
Drunk_Samurai said:

What if the person can't watch it on their PS3 or computer?

Time to get internet gramps.
Apr 30, 2015 12:14 PM

Aug 2007
Idria said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

What if the person can't watch it on their PS3 or computer?

Time to get internet gramps.

Somebody obviously missed the point. Not everybody has access to Crunchyroll's full catalog. Some countries would even be region blocked out entirely.
Apr 30, 2015 12:26 PM

Aug 2014
My PC is too old to stream videos so I download then play through my blu ray player ;)

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Apr 30, 2015 3:04 PM

Nov 2012
black1blade said:
Sonotoki said:
Streaming in general doesn't let you easily your video renderign to fix issues like these:
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/70784
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/70286
- https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/Fixing-Simulcasts

Still banding though. Banding is what will drive me to actually buy the Japanese blu rays for the HF movies. The Japanese market works on the assumption that people may buy 1 show that they really like a season and record the rest on tv. Tv really doesn't make them very much money and crunchy roll even less.
Yes, but before BluRays are released there's still no advantage (only disadvantages) to streaming instead of downloading/torrenting.
Also, I find banding unnoticeable when using proper filters.
Apr 30, 2015 4:26 PM

Feb 2015
NewAgeOtaku15 said:
I think is better to pay $7.99 a month instead of buying those expensive Aniplex DVDs.

Not gonna lie, they are too pricey, but they have 3 of my favorites so i just have to manage well. Anyway Crunchyroll is aight. I watch on my phone so i dont know watch the shit quality i get on a bigger screen such as a desktop.
Apr 30, 2015 5:24 PM

Apr 2015
I personally don't, but it is one of the best anime sources I know compared to everything else if you have an adblock extension. Any other site is just poor in quality or has a long of cons to it. Netflix barely has the good animes, and hulu forces us to turn off our adblock in order to watch the anime :/ so imo, crunchyroll is the best
Apr 30, 2015 5:26 PM

Apr 2015
Internet connections in my country are crap. So, If I want to watch anime in 720p it gets laggy.
May 1, 2015 8:19 PM

Mar 2015
Retro8bit said:
I think people hate Crunchyroll, for the same reason they hate most streaming sites. Because they are...well...streaming. Many anime fans prefer to only watch anime downloaded, so they can be at their highest resoultion. To me that doesn't matter. It's kind of simular to the whole "VHS vs DVD" argument. Even if one is sharper than the other, it's still the same series no matter how you watch it. Also, some hate the fact that you gotta pay to watch some series on that site. Again, that doesn't bother me.

Crunchyroll, good site in my opinion. :)

Either that or just watch the episodes on YouTube XD
My name is Terrence always is Terrence and will always be Terrence
Current Accounts: ThePinhead3333,
May 5, 2015 6:58 AM

Sep 2012
I cannot even watch my favourite anime in crunchyroll
"This content is not available in your region"

Their ads are interrupting some of the only anime available which is mostly 5 years old (new released anime -> not available in my region)

Their subscription is expensive, $7 is equivalent to breakfast+lunch+dinner for 2 days when converted to our money.

- Website - Facebook -
I'm not completely gone, I'm just more active in game & open-source software forums instead of anime/comic forums. You could check out my inter-forum detailed signature for more up-to-date info about me.
May 5, 2015 8:44 AM

Sep 2014
Well, I for one love Crunchyroll. I wish I used it more often tbh, I read manga more than watch anime.
May 5, 2015 8:50 AM

Jun 2012
I personally like Crunchyroll, mostly for its convenience. I can just lay back and switch on my tv and start watching without having to download every new episode before watching. The price is nothing really either, I can just skip out on getting a snack at work and pretty much pay for the months subscription cost.

I don't know why someone would hate it though. The region locking has to do with legality and licensing issues, so there is nothing they can really do about it. If you want to watch those ones, just go online and find them like most everyone else (myself included since Canada gets the short end of the stick sometimes)
May 5, 2015 9:50 AM

Nov 2012
Raith94 said:
I can just lay back and switch on my tv and start watching without having to download every new episode before watching
You can torrent every anime you are watching automatically, the easiest way is to track RSS feeds from nyaa.
(Which also means you don't need to rely on internet when watching, only when they are being downloaded)
May 5, 2015 10:59 AM

Nov 2013
Well, I dont like CR for a lot of reason but mostly because their video player is shit and the staff are assholes.
May 5, 2015 5:54 PM
Feb 2014
They're "too casual" for the elitist community.
May 10, 2015 7:30 PM

Aug 2007
MuhdNurHidayat said:
I cannot even watch my favourite anime in crunchyroll
"This content is not available in your region"

Their ads are interrupting some of the only anime available which is mostly 5 years old (new released anime -> not available in my region)

Their subscription is expensive, $7 is equivalent to breakfast+lunch+dinner for 2 days when converted to our money.

It isn't much in other countries but I see what you mean by your country.
Jun 2, 2015 6:58 AM
May 2015
I have been thinking about subscribing to crunchyroll myself, but only because I have been looking for the GTO live action tv series in HD and crunchyroll has all of them. Unfortunately they hardly have any other live action tv series I would be interested in.

Most anime, I just download and delete after watching, so streaming is not an issue for me.

Maybe i'll get it for a month, but I don't see much appeal in an ongoing subscription for a service that may require me to download/watch anime from another source due to licensing issues or whatever, and that it hardly has any live action drama series
Jun 2, 2015 7:18 AM

Aug 2014
well,,everyone have their own steaming site....for me CR was a good site steaming anime..
Jun 2, 2015 7:20 AM
Mar 2012
ZenErik said:
People hate Crunchyroll because they are looking to justify their stealing. Seems that some people will use any excuse to stream/download fansubs instead of at least getting a few cents to the creators. I do not understand these types of "fans".

my opinion exactly
Jun 2, 2015 8:40 AM
May 2015
ah so my thoughts of subscribing to crunchyroll are diminishing the more I research about it. As I am from UK, the licensing restricts amount of stuff I can watch (especially One Piece!), and even if i did 'trick' it into thinking i'm trying to watch from USA, there are still shows I would not be able to watch due to being licensed by other companies
Jun 2, 2015 8:46 AM

Nov 2011
because it sucks ASS what OTHER reason is there?

And we have HorribleSubs doing their sacrilegious work of eye-cancer (8bit included) and other savage garbagery (such as unTL'd OPs and EDs).
Jun 2, 2015 8:53 AM

Jul 2013
3 reasons

1) The advertisements is annoying as when Im about to watch a scene where it becomes interesting then suddenly it pauses and you have to watch a crap advertisement 3x within 24 minutes.

2) No full HD option since it will cost you to select hat option.

3)Crunchyroll is the basis of newb anime viewers, people who do not know really much about where to stream anime will use Crunchyroll on their smartphone or most devices
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 2, 2015 8:55 AM
Mar 2011
bad sellection of anime they lience little or no prime time anime cuase there not that rich
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jun 2, 2015 8:56 AM
Jul 2018
Their videos crash decently often for me which is nigh unbearable when I'm watching something and getting into it. It means I have to go through the advertisements twice as often as I should, which really ruins the flow.
Jun 2, 2015 9:46 AM

Oct 2014
Can't use 98% of the stuff they are streaming and the remaining 2% are not interesting me in the least...

That's what happens when you try to access such "international" services in Germany...
Jun 2, 2015 11:44 AM

Aug 2007
Codege-ass1 said:
ZenErik said:
People hate Crunchyroll because they are looking to justify their stealing. Seems that some people will use any excuse to stream/download fansubs instead of at least getting a few cents to the creators. I do not understand these types of "fans".

my opinion exactly

Your opinion is wrong then since copyright infringement and theft are not the same thing at all.
Jun 7, 2015 4:38 PM

Jun 2015
Because Crunchyroll has a very limited anime selection, plus to watch anything new or some completed series, you would need a paid subscription to do so. And that free accounts are spammed with ads
Jun 7, 2015 11:17 PM

Mar 2015
Don't mind Crunchyroll, but personally I don't use streaming websites that often. I just buy the series if the plot REALLY intrigues me/seen it and/or LOVED it.
Jun 7, 2015 11:25 PM

Nov 2014
I don't hate crunchyroll, I am just more comfortable with downloading stuff I need for free.

Jun 7, 2015 11:31 PM

Jul 2014
I have a lot of problems with stuttering on their site on my PC, but their mobile app works really well on Kindle Fire.
Jun 8, 2015 1:16 PM
Jun 2015
I don't hate crunchyroll but it should have English audio instead of Japanese audio
Jun 8, 2015 6:26 PM

Aug 2007
Daemon_Thayer said:
I don't hate crunchyroll but it should have English audio instead of Japanese audio

They don't do dubs.
Jun 8, 2015 10:54 PM
Dec 2011
I hate Crunchy Roll because their translations are typically horrible. Otherwise I totally don't mind my money going to them. I may notice because I understand some basic Japanese. So it's enough to bother me. Fan subs are correct and give cultural meanings and explanations a lot too. I'm all for companies contracting a fansub group to do their stuff. It'd be awesome.
Jun 9, 2015 1:09 AM

Aug 2013
they do poor translations

https://shittastes.wordpress.com/tag/why-crunchyroll-is-bad/ read this for more info

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
MasterTengkorakJun 9, 2015 1:09 PM
huh
Jun 9, 2015 1:38 AM

Jun 2007
1) The advertisements is annoying as when Im about to watch a scene where it becomes interesting then suddenly it pauses and you have to watch a crap advertisement 3x within 24 minutes.
It's almost like watching a television show, on TV, right? Most of CR's ads are at the beginning/end of the show, before and/or after the OP, at the midpoint/eyecatch, and before and/or after the ED... exactly where you'd expect commercials to be when watching the same show on Japanese TV, and somehow Japanese viewers are able to survive and enjoy the shows just fine. Yeah, there sometimes are ads at random spots, but not as much as other sites like Funi/Hulu.

D-Wreckk5 said:
Because Crunchyroll has a very limited anime selection, plus to watch anything new or some completed series, you would need a paid subscription to do so. And that free accounts are spammed with ads
I know these threads tend to attract anyone and everyone not from North America talking about region locking, but I'm pretty sure everything they have is available in New York. At some point in time or another, they've had at least 70-80% of every season for the last 6 years plus some older titles, for a total of ~600 titles and counting. I don't see how that's "limited," unless you're primarily interested in obscure/older shows. Which, judging by your list, does not appear to be the case.

Drunk_Samurai said:
They don't do dubs.

They have had some dubs from time to time, mainly for older shows where they sublicensed streaming rights from distributors like Bandai, Media-Blasters, and the like. But of course, since their focus is on new/airing anime, they aren't going to be a great choice for dub viewers.

Drunk_Samurai said:
Your opinion is wrong then since copyright infringement and theft are not the same thing at all.
I'd be surprised if anyone still takes this obvious deflection seriously, but fine, replace "stealing" with "illegal media consumption" in ZenErik's statement, and it all checks out.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.

Everything that connects to MAL
Jun 9, 2015 1:39 AM

Nov 2014
Dexthepleb said:
https://shittastes.wordpress.com/tag/why-crunchyroll-is-bad/ read this for more info

I am not saying stuff are better now (I don't use servise), but this is from 2013.

Jun 9, 2015 3:26 AM

Aug 2007
Zalis said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
I'd be surprised if anyone still takes this obvious deflection seriously, but fine, replace "stealing" with "illegal media consumption" in ZenErik's statement, and it all checks out.

Citation needed for the bolded. Also it doesn't check out at all. They'll just claim people in other countries shouldn't watch the anime anyway.
Jun 9, 2015 5:19 AM

Aug 2013
ExTamplier said:
Dexthepleb said:

I am not saying stuff are better now (I don't use servise), but this is from 2013.

its basically the same now or worse l check out how bad crunchyroll is doing these days
huh
Jun 9, 2015 5:28 AM
Mar 2011
Zalis said:
It's almost like watching a television show, on TV, right? Most of CR's ads are at the beginning/end of the show, before and/or after the OP, at the midpoint/eyecatch, and before and/or after the ED... exactly where you'd expect commercials to be when watching the same show on Japanese TV, and somehow Japanese viewers are able to survive and enjoy the shows just fine. Yeah, there sometimes are ads at random spots, but not as much as other sites like Funi/Hulu.

D-Wreckk5 said:
I know these threads tend to attract anyone and everyone not from North America talking about region locking, but I'm pretty sure everything they have is available in New York. At some point in time or another, they've had at least 70-80% of every season for the last 6 years plus some older titles, for a total of ~600 titles and counting. I don't see how that's "limited," unless you're primarily interested in obscure/older shows. Which, judging by your list, does not appear to be the case.

Drunk_Samurai said:
They don't do dubs.

They have had some dubs from time to time, mainly for older shows where they sublicensed streaming rights from distributors like Bandai, Media-Blasters, and the like. But of course, since their focus is on new/airing anime, they aren't going to be a great choice for dub viewers.

Drunk_Samurai said:

subtitling on the site i helo to run they use alot o f HS subbinbg and HS rip form CR and the transltions are pisspoor and alot of the time around only 60% accurate
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Jun 9, 2015 12:03 PM

Aug 2007
FGAU1912 said:
Zalis said:

subtitling on the site i helo to run they use alot o f HS subbinbg and HS rip form CR and the transltions are pisspoor and alot of the time around only 60% accurate

We won't get decent subs anymore for most shows. Even real fansubbers tend to localize too much. I miss the 2007-2009 period of anime. Best period ever for fansubs. Especially Eclipse. Best group that ever existed.
Jun 9, 2015 12:19 PM
Mar 2011
Drunk_Samurai said:
FGAU1912 said:

We won't get decent subs anymore for most shows. Even real fansubbers tend to localize too much. I miss the 2007-2009 period of anime. Best period ever for fansubs. Especially Eclipse. Best group that ever existed.

TVN is for you

Jun 9, 2015 12:37 PM

Aug 2007
FGAU1912 said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

TVN is for you

I don't even know what that is.
Jun 9, 2015 12:43 PM
Mar 2011
Drunk_Samurai said:
FGAU1912 said:

TVN is for you

I don't even know what that is.

the use to do anime not mainy toku subbers but thye have bvey accurate translation

Jun 10, 2015 12:35 AM

Jun 2007
Drunk_Samurai said:
I miss the 2007-2009 period of anime. Best period ever for fansubs. Especially Eclipse. Best group that ever existed.
I can actually agree with you on Eclipse, for the most part. They were fast, made relatively few mistakes, and had fabulous hardsubbed karaoke and typesetting that didn't cause lag -- I could even kinda-almost watch their 720p releases on my old P4 PC, but since they were generous enough to encode 400p .avis, I stuck with in most cases where the .mkv was 720p. While they were on the literal side of the spectrum, it was still acceptable in my book. Except for Shana with all its undertranslations and pointless ~de arimasu junk.

TVN = TV-Nihon, a group that once subbed more mainstream/kiddy anime as opposed to latenight/otaku anime, but they haven't subbed any anime in 5 years or so. They mainly focus on Toku/Super Sentai these days. TV-Nihon are known for leaving excessive amounts of untranslated Japanese in their subs, using fancy styles, and doing fabulous karaoke and attack subtitle effects. Though last I heard, they're being blown out in the Toku scene by more liberal groups like Aesir, which uses simple subs and is able to release faster.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.

Everything that connects to MAL
Jun 10, 2015 11:03 AM
Apr 2015
They realize there is a site called kissanime.com
Jun 10, 2015 11:31 AM
Jun 2015
I love crunchyroll and the anime quality is great! But it's just the constant ads that annoy me, like inbetween I will get two or three ads in a row... it kinda gets irritating.
Jun 10, 2015 2:58 PM

Aug 2007
Zalis said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
I miss the 2007-2009 period of anime. Best period ever for fansubs. Especially Eclipse. Best group that ever existed.
I can actually agree with you on Eclipse, for the most part. They were fast, made relatively few mistakes, and had fabulous hardsubbed karaoke and typesetting that didn't cause lag -- I could even kinda-almost watch their 720p releases on my old P4 PC, but since they were generous enough to encode 400p .avis, I stuck with in most cases where the .mkv was 720p. While they were on the literal side of the spectrum, it was still acceptable in my book. Except for Shana with all its undertranslations and pointless ~de arimasu junk.

TVN = TV-Nihon, a group that once subbed more mainstream/kiddy anime as opposed to latenight/otaku anime, but they haven't subbed any anime in 5 years or so. They mainly focus on Toku/Super Sentai these days. TV-Nihon are known for leaving excessive amounts of untranslated Japanese in their subs, using fancy styles, and doing fabulous karaoke and attack subtitle effects. Though last I heard, they're being blown out in the Toku scene by more liberal groups like Aesir, which uses simple subs and is able to release faster.

I only downloaded their avi/Mp4 releases because I never saw a point in getting MKV back then. Especially for series I wouldn't keep anyway. They're subs are easy enough to find if I wanted to archive anyway. Probably only the MKV versions now though. Literal translations are better anyway which is why groups like Eclipse were good. I also like attack subtitle effects.
Jun 10, 2015 3:46 PM

Dec 2014
I don't HATE crunchyroll. I just wish there was more.
Jun 10, 2015 5:32 PM
Mar 2011
Zalis said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

and the stuff he di traslate is accurate why trasltae attack name that mushc of the only tvn level untranslated

lol most of the late night anime is still shounen so stll kids anime [ by law]

but in on late night cuas ethe fact that the studios are as Finabaically week as thehy are ethically week

i dont think TV subbed Kodomo anime[ ie kids anime in the truer sense ]

iv never seen a subber who only does seinen/Josei[ adult anime]

and no im not using demo as gnares either

Guis are the 2nd best toku subs iv seen

Pages (35) « First ... « 27 28 [29] 30 31 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Has a canon ship ever ruined a show for you?

Dragevard - Yesterday

25 by Absurdo_N »»
1 minute ago

» What are you gonna watch next season?

Pinoffin - 9 hours ago

22 by Pinoffin »»
3 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

1018 by Sam565 »»
4 minutes ago

» What is good animation?

LenRea - Yesterday

13 by Nirinbo »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » A question, what is worse when it comes to a bad anime

Dillq24 - 3 hours ago

12 by Nirinbo »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.