Forum Settings
Forums

2020 Anime Watching Challenge - Discussion (OPEN until NOV 30)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (31) « First ... « 25 26 [27] 28 29 » ... Last »
Aug 23, 2020 2:30 PM

Dec 2016
Is this review: https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=353539 valid for "(P.21) Watch an anime with an episode duration of 16 minutes or more that was reviewed the day you started"? I couldn't read it because it says it has spoilers.
GinozaAug 23, 2020 2:36 PM
Aug 23, 2020 2:45 PM

May 2017
Redth_SA said:
About G.20, the anime I chose was Spice and Wolf which was among the Critics anime when I started it but a few weeks after that (and before I finished it), it got removed. Does my entry still count or what do I do? ^^'

While I'm at it, can I get some recommendations for G.21? Thank you.

It looks like it was removed on July 23, and as you started watching it before that date it will be considered valid. Please add that link as proof so that we have it handy for inspection.

Ginoza said:
Is this review: https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=353539 valid for "(P.21) Watch an anime with an episode duration of 16 minutes or more that was reviewed the day you started"? I couldn't read it because it says it has spoilers.

The review was made today and the anime duration qualifies, so yes it would be valid.
Aug 23, 2020 3:09 PM

Dec 2016
Aeradae said:

Ginoza said:

The review was made today and the anime duration qualifies, so yes it would be valid.

Thank you very much for the quick answer =).
Aug 23, 2020 5:55 PM

Nov 2010
Could someone give me a few suggestions for: (P.20) Watch an anime with an honorific in the title

Thank you in advance!
Aug 23, 2020 6:06 PM
King of Justice

Mar 2017
Orochiro said:
Could someone give me a few suggestions for: (P.20) Watch an anime with an honorific in the title

Thank you in advance!

Emiya-san Chi no Kyou no Gohan
Gaikotsu Shotenin Honda-san
Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon
Hataraku Maou-sama!
Demi-chan wa Kataritai
Himouto! Umaru-chan
Aug 23, 2020 6:42 PM

Mar 2018
hi, i need a recommendation again!

this time from the challenge team member for
(G.21) Watch an anime with 4 episodes or more recommended to you by a challenge team member

my restrictions: tv-type | marathon

thanks in advance!! ♡️♡️
Aug 24, 2020 12:31 PM

Nov 2010
bigdud24 said:
Orochiro said:

Thank you in advance!

Emiya-san Chi no Kyou no Gohan
Gaikotsu Shotenin Honda-san
Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon
Hataraku Maou-sama!
Demi-chan wa Kataritai
Himouto! Umaru-chan

Thanks for the recommendations! I think I'll check out more than one from those. ^^
Aug 26, 2020 11:56 AM

Oct 2019
(P.06) Watch an anime where the same voice actor is credited under at least two different characters

Would the movie Paprika work for this? The characters would be Paprika and Atsuko Chiba, both voiced by Megumi Hayashibara.
The two characters are shown separately on the MAL page, but Paprika is actually an alter ego of Atsuko Chiba. Would it still work even though they’re technically the same person?
Aug 26, 2020 12:03 PM

May 2017
angrytikkibird said:
(P.06) Watch an anime where the same voice actor is credited under at least two different characters

Would the movie Paprika work for this? The characters would be Paprika and Atsuko Chiba, both voiced by Megumi Hayashibara.
The two characters are shown separately on the MAL page, but Paprika is actually an alter ego of Atsuko Chiba. Would it still work even though they’re technically the same person?

They are listed as two separate characters on MAL, so that would be valid ^^
Aug 26, 2020 2:10 PM
Jul 2018
Could i get a recommendation for S.21, please? Take a look to ptw list if you want.
Aug 26, 2020 3:25 PM

Aug 2012
For (S.31) Watch an anime from notify.moe with a predominant color of your choice on its cover photo, by providing the page link, do you want it linked to the specific page of the specific anime or do you want me to link the page where it has all the same colored anime?

For example:

Do you want it linked like this?

or

like this?
Aug 26, 2020 4:13 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Liaeves said:
For (S.31) Watch an anime from notify.moe with a predominant color of your choice on its cover photo, by providing the page link, do you want it linked to the specific page of the specific anime or do you want me to link the page where it has all the same colored anime?

For example:

or

like this?

The color page itself.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

"An earnest failure has meaning."

"Nothing is definite in this world. But it's okay.
Some things within me are definite."
Aug 26, 2020 5:02 PM

Aug 2012
dierubikdie said:
Liaeves said:

For example:

or

like this?

The color page itself.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Ok! Thanks! And so for the screenshot link, it would be like this, right?

or would it be preferred to show the color grid at the top too?
Aug 26, 2020 5:25 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Liaeves said:
And so for the screenshot link, it would be like this, right?

The one you've got there is fine 👍

Aug 26, 2020 5:31 PM

Aug 2012
dierubikdie said:
Liaeves said:
And so for the screenshot link, it would be like this, right?

The one you've got there is fine 👍

Thanks again!

Sorry but I have another question.. ^ ^''

This is for (S.23) Watch an anime that another participant has completed for this challenge
[Username:  | Their Item Number:   | Post Link:  ]

I am confused by what they mean by Their Item Number.

So let's say a user is in the Silver Medalist category. They completed (S.06). Would I have to state all that like this? ---> Their Item Number: Silver Medalist - (S.06)

Not their post number, right?
Aug 26, 2020 6:29 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Liaeves said:
So let's say a user is in the Silver Medalist category. They completed (S.06). Would I have to state all that like this? ---> Their Item Number: Silver Medalist - (S.06)

You can just state S.06​​​​​​​​​​​​​
Their Item Number: S.06

Aug 27, 2020 1:15 PM

Jan 2010
So, I was wondering, I want to watch Michiko to Hatchin to (S.30) Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese. Anidb says Michiko Malandro and Hana Morenos, the main characters, are Brazilians, but since they have a japanese first names I was wondering if they weren't half japanese, and since I didn't watch the anime yet, I don't know, so, can someone answer me if they're half japanese or not/if it count for S30 or not? I'm not sure if the director just didn't know many brazilian names since mostly characters doesn't have brazilian names or if she was thinking of them as half japaneses anyway
Aug 27, 2020 2:14 PM

Sep 2009
maaah said:
So, I was wondering, I want to watch Michiko to Hatchin to (S.30) Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese. Anidb says Michiko Malandro and Hana Morenos, the main characters, are Brazilians, but since they have a japanese first names I was wondering if they weren't half japanese, and since I didn't watch the anime yet, I don't know, so, can someone answer me if they're half japanese or not/if it count for S30 or not? I'm not sure if the director just didn't know many brazilian names since mostly characters doesn't have brazilian names or if she was thinking of them as half japaneses anyway

Your doubt is correct, looks like AniDB isn't right here. This anime takes place in a fictional setting (the country Diamandra is only based on Brazil), so neither of the main characters would be valid for S.30.
Aug 27, 2020 3:00 PM

Jan 2010
Kaylee_ said:

Your doubt is correct, looks like AniDB isn't right here. This anime takes place in a fictional setting (the country Diamandra is only based on Brazil), so neither of the main characters would be valid for S.30.

O: i'm shocked, i didn't know that, I really thought it was Brazil, thank you very much for the answer~
Aug 27, 2020 7:43 PM

Aug 2012
dierubikdie said:
Liaeves said:

You can just state S.06​​​​​​​​​​​​​
Their Item Number: S.06

===== Thank you so much for all the help! ======
Aug 29, 2020 1:14 PM
Mar 2020
Hey everyone, I accidentally deleted my sign-up post for the 2020 challenge. Is there any way to recover it?
Aug 29, 2020 2:01 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
alinerossi said:
Hey everyone, I accidentally deleted my sign-up post for the 2020 challenge. Is there any way to recover it?
Almost certainly not, unfortunately. But you can just make a new sign-up post. You'll have to fill in everything again, but none of your actual progress is lost, since you can use anything you've watched in 2020.

Aug 29, 2020 2:05 PM
Mar 2020
dierubikdie said:
alinerossi said:
Almost certainly not, unfortunately. But you can just make a new sign-up post. You'll have to fill in everything again, but none of your actual progress is lost, since you can use anything you've watched in 2020.

Ok gotcha, thank you for your help!!
Aug 30, 2020 8:59 PM

Aug 2017
Would Retsuko count as a non-humanoid character as per Gold 28 - Watch an anime with a non-humanoid main character. She's definitely anthropomorphized, but the rules say that Monokuma would be valid and their character designs are pretty similar
If I had a nickel for every anime that began airing on October 9th 2022 that started with a B and ended in "ock", I would have two nickels.
That's not a lot, but it's funny that it happened twice.

Aug 31, 2020 7:17 AM
Jan 2020
I think it's the time for a recommendation for S.21 (Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread) less than 30 episodes and thank you all <3
Aug 31, 2020 8:38 AM

Jul 2014
DistructiveNick said:
Would Retsuko count as a non-humanoid character as per Gold 28 - Watch an anime with a non-humanoid main character. She's definitely anthropomorphized, but the rules say that Monokuma would be valid and their character designs are pretty similar
Yes, she's a valid character for that item.
Aug 31, 2020 9:25 AM

Aug 2017
mozgow said:
DistructiveNick said:
Yes, she's a valid character for that item.

Thank you so much for the response :)
If I had a nickel for every anime that began airing on October 9th 2022 that started with a B and ended in "ock", I would have two nickels.
That's not a lot, but it's funny that it happened twice.

Aug 31, 2020 5:39 PM

Jul 2019
I started the AWC at the start of this year and watched Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - Memory Snow back in February to complete challenge B.17. At the time I completed this, the anime had both the Psychological and Thriller tags as can be seen here on the Wayback Machine: https://web.archive.org/web/20190703032300/https://myanimelist.net/anime/36286. Unluckily to me, the genres have since been removed from the page leaving only Fantasy and Drama as its genres which means its no longer eligible to complete the challenge. Since I originally completed B.17, I've gone through and completed through Diamond Medalist (though I have not submitted yet) and having to rework B.17 would require me to go through and redo many other challenges since the medals don't allow us to use anime before the previous medal was completed. Is it acceptable for me to use Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - Memory Snow to complete B.17 in this circumstance?
Sep 1, 2020 12:34 AM

Jul 2014
@csticks
Yes, you can still use it. It would be nice if you can link that Wayback Machine page as a proof it was valid.
Sep 2, 2020 11:27 AM

Jul 2019
@mozgow

Alright, thank you for the help!
Sep 2, 2020 1:04 PM

May 2020
For S.30 would Joeseph Joestar count as a main character? (He’s English not Japanese.)
Sep 2, 2020 1:36 PM

Sep 2009
FreddieUranus said:
For S.30 would Joeseph Joestar count as a main character? (He’s English not Japanese.)

Yes, Joseph Joestar is valid for this item.
Sep 2, 2020 9:32 PM

Jan 2018
P.05 Watch an anime with a main character that has 2 or more Japanese voice actors listed — state and link the character; can be a Japanese voice actor and/or actress

Does the anime need to list the character to have more than 1 JP VA on the anime page or is it okay if the anime page only list one but on the character page it has 2 or more JP VA?
Example: Bruce Wayne has 3 JP VA but in Batman Ninja he only has 1 JP VA
I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 2, 2020 9:37 PM

May 2017
Idiysar_Almond said:
P.05 Watch an anime with a main character that has 2 or more Japanese voice actors listed — state and link the character; can be a Japanese voice actor and/or actress

Does the anime need to list the character to have more than 1 JP VA on the anime page or is it okay if the anime page only list one but on the character page it has 2 or more JP VA?
Example: Bruce Wayne has 3 JP VA but in Batman Ninja he only has 1 JP VA

The character just has to have two Japanese voice actors on their character page, so in that example Bruce Wayne would be valid.
Sep 6, 2020 2:27 PM

Dec 2014
Hi ! I need recommandations for this one : (S.21) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread.

Sep 7, 2020 7:38 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Kiimiko said:
Hi ! I need recommandations for this one : (S.21) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread.

Saki
Aria the Animation
Chio's School Road
Keijo!!!!!!!!
Panty & Stocking
Squid Girl
Working'!! (Season 2)
Girls & Panzer

Sep 7, 2020 6:15 PM

Jun 2020
My bad if this such a stupid question but we can use previously completed anime that was completed during 2020 correct? Because I'm signing up very very late.
Sep 7, 2020 6:17 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Promethazine said:
My bad if this such a stupid question but we can use previously completed anime that was completed during 2020 correct? Because I'm signing up very very late.
Yes, anything you started watching in 2020 can be used, regardless of your signup date.

Sep 7, 2020 10:08 PM

May 2017
Promethazine said:

As long as you started and finished the anime in 2020 you can use it for the challenge no matter when you signed up ^^

[MAL why are you like this... sorry to answer your question again, as I didn't see any other posts after yours.]
AeradaeSep 8, 2020 8:35 AM
Sep 10, 2020 7:31 PM
Nov 2015
Would Kaburagi's occupation (from Deca-Dence) as an armor repairer count for B.27: Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field? You could say he gets paid in oxyone.
Sep 11, 2020 5:32 AM

Jul 2014
Readerio said:
Would Kaburagi's occupation (from Deca-Dence) as an armor repairer count for B.27: Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field? You could say he gets paid in oxyone.
No, he's not valid for this item. Sorry.
Sep 12, 2020 1:29 PM
Oct 2017
Hi i need help 🤔
Watch an anime that finished airing scored by less than 50 users

Watch an anime where a female character is voiced by a male voice actor 
Sep 12, 2020 1:53 PM

Apr 2011
Hello! Can I please get some recommendations for S.21 (Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread)? Not too long, please, ideally less than 30 episodes! Thank you!

I have a ton in my PTW so please feel free to recommend me some from that list!
Sep 12, 2020 2:00 PM

Aug 2018
I have no idea how I am supposed to get anime recommended to me by a challenge team member. So if there is a challenge team member in here, could you please recommend me a good non ecchi anime from summer 2020, for G.21
Maloween 2020 candies

Main candies:

Sep 12, 2020 3:41 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
kiv7 said:
Hi i need help 🤔
Watch an anime that finished airing scored by less than 50 users

There are some music videos that will fit that requirement. If you search by most recently aired, you can usually find something that works.

Watch an anime where a female character is voiced by a male voice actor 

Tamako Market (Kaoru Hanase)
Aggretsuko (Retsuko)
Tanya the Evil (Tanya)
Pop Team Epic (either MC)
SoreMachi (Uki Isohata)

MeMaHa19 said:
Hello! Can I please get some recommendations for S.21 (Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread)? Not too long, please, ideally less than 30 episodes! Thank you!

I have a ton in my PTW so please feel free to recommend me some from that list!

Saki
Dagashi Kashi
Denki-gai
Free!
Sound! Euphonium
Hinamatsuri
Irozuku
Kimi ni Todoke
Dragon Maid
Kids on the Slope
Seitokai Yakuindomo
Working!!

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (31) « First ... « 25 26 [27] 28 29 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Blu-ray is an outdated metric, Streaming services are the new standard ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jun 2

60 by Kurt_Irving »»
25 seconds ago

» do you judge different animes differently ?

ame - Jun 2

48 by DarkShame2 »»
4 minutes ago

» Shoujo anime

Daniellaaa - 5 hours ago

20 by UberBat »»
22 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you sacrifice the rest of your life if you could spend one year with your favorite character?

Shizuna - Jun 3

36 by Shizuna »»
25 minutes ago

» Have you ever considered picking up drawing anime as a hobby? ( 1 2 )

Anjuro - Jun 3

73 by Anjuro »»
25 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.