Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (29) « First ... « 23 24 [25] 26 27 » ... Last »
Sep 11, 2013 4:10 PM

Jul 2013
A:He was flying away with the wrong girl at the end, either Keiko, or Asuna. His cousin can burn in hell for all I care.
B:Why did they have to complicate things so much? if they were going to complicate things it should have been with Liz((someone that matters) not some new character that just gets in the way!
C:The show was way too rushed, is it that hard for them to just stop for a second, in the actual SAO part. I mean I would've been down to see Asuna and Kirito in that little house for another 10 episodes!!!!!!!!!!!!!
D:Cant wait till Season 2!!!!!!!!
Overall sofar 9/10
Sep 14, 2013 6:40 AM

Jul 2013
Everyone complains about the second part, and I understand why, but I still enjoyed it.

This is one of my favourite animes. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Sep 25, 2013 3:45 AM

Jan 2013
She was there, and no Sugou :). Only that other asshole but his ass was kicked so it's okay ;)

I would say impressive, but that first season first 12-14 episodes were not so good, all those time skips between episodes just made it worse. To be honest I would have given a 7, but this second season was allot better. I liked it so I'll add +2points ending up with 9/10.

It wasn't the most amazing anime, but definitely one to remember. I find that VRMMOs might be here soon, as Oculus Rift gets upgraded in every time(v2 having 1080p screen) even so it's not close enough to what we've seen in this anime it's getting there. Can't wait for the future. :)
Sep 28, 2013 12:12 PM
Sep 2013
Like pretty much everyone else, I liked episodes 1-14 a lot more than the last 10. I didn't think the AOL arc was quite as bad as some of you do, but it's definitely inferior to the SOA arc

My biggest problem with the ending was that they didn't spend enough time on Asuna and Kirito. Really wish they would have done a scene with them at the end instead of the one with Sugu. That was stupid >_>
Sep 29, 2013 3:01 AM

Mar 2013
I just finished watching Sword Art Online 20 minutes ago. I loved the first 14 episodes and the other game kinda ruined everything for me. I think 14th episode would have been a good ending, though I would love to see more scenes with Kirito and Asuna. I've heard the story continues in light novels, could anyone tell me where should I start reading if I just finished the anime? And does Asuna stay with Kirito in the light noves? Thank you.
Sep 29, 2013 5:18 AM
May 2012
fatherr said:
I just finished watching Sword Art Online 20 minutes ago. I loved the first 14 episodes and the other game kinda ruined everything for me. I think 14th episode would have been a good ending, though I would love to see more scenes with Kirito and Asuna. I've heard the story continues in light novels, could anyone tell me where should I start reading if I just finished the anime? And does Asuna stay with Kirito in the light noves? Thank you.

Start with volume 5 (Phantom Bullet). As for Asuna and Kirito I've heard that Asuna got sidetracked during the phantom bullet arc but made a return in some other volumes.
Sep 29, 2013 6:07 AM

Jul 2013
Hmm. Overall I would have definitely preferred to have all of the SAO arc in 25 episodes instead of the 13 given. Though I do like how they wrapped things up, by introducing 2 arcs to 1 season it would have been much better to hand out 1 season per arc. If this were the case, maybe 37 episodes could do it for SAO, heck, there's infinite possibilities of story line they could produce- even if they were given 50+ eps for it.
Overall:
Sword Art Online Arc: 9/10 (even if it was only 13 eps they did it pretty well)
Alfheim Online Arc: 6/10 (big letdown)
Averaging a 7.5, rounded to 8.

By the way guys, there's a new anime called Log Horizon soon to be airing. It's 25 episodes long and has just about the same concept as SAO. This time, about 30 000 people are trapped in a game. I hope this anime goes well! It starts airing on the 5th of October btw, 2013
Sep 29, 2013 9:29 AM

Sep 2013
good fights good love story
but only in the first arc
the secand arc was really bad
but if they would make the first arc only and not the secand it will be my fav anime

for the first arc 9/10

for the secand arc 7.5/10

one of the best anime i saw
i got no gif for my signature..... imagine some cool swords clashing and light and fighting everywhere!
Oct 13, 2013 11:21 PM

Jan 2013
I thought that he said: "We finally made it Sachii"

If Sachii hadn't died he never would have ended up with Asuna.... Still Sachii <3

Friend Me! Or PM me if you want to talk about stuff!

Check out my Anime List layout! PM me if you want to change yours but don't know how!
Oct 22, 2013 1:48 PM

Aug 2013
I enjoyed it, although if one piece went this quickly luffy would have been king of the pirates in 24 episodes. ;)

The ending felt right, i wondered what the whole point was when he saw Asuna and his avatars walking away at the hospital... then later on Leafa is like "you can use your SAO avatar, everybody else has switched why not you"

then Asuna's new avatar form is shown just after that.. i kinda like how they both "logged out" of those previous characters and begun anew.

The little bench outside the school where she made his favourite sandwich meal (wonder if they taste as good as in the game) and cuddled into each other was cute. The rest of the characters needed more screen time, but then so did the main characters... they were bouncing around so much the only time they stopped was when they had the cottage honeymoon time.

i doubt Asuna or anyone will ever call him anything but Kirito even at school... but it's nice they still play the MMO game... after all it's where they all met, grew up, survived hardships, developed relationships, fell in love... it's as home to them as reality.

shame Sachi didn't see it, i really hoped it was a bluff that you died in game you died in real life... but then it wouldn't have made such a big impact as it did
Oct 22, 2013 5:00 PM

Sep 2013
I finished SAO some days ago and i really loved it.

I can understand why some people didn't like ALO arc and I agree that it was not as good as SAO arc.
But even though the Kirito/Asuna romance was like "perfect" or "cliché", I loved it. It was refreshing to see an anime where you dont have to wait the last episode to see something happens between the main chars.

I really hope there will be a 2nd season.
Oct 23, 2013 2:43 AM

Oct 2013
Darkills said:
I finished SAO some days ago and i really loved it.

I can understand why some people didn't like ALO arc and I agree that it was not as good as SAO arc.
But even though the Kirito/Asuna romance was like "perfect" or "cliché", I loved it. It was refreshing to see an anime where you dont have to wait the last episode to see something happens between the main chars.

I really hope there will be a 2nd season.

they said in an interview by accident that they're working on ideas, however we may find out if GGO will be happening on December 30th/31st as they'll be releasing a Special Episode which may have hints towards a second season

you know, I once said I'd never get addicted to something... well I'm still not

Forum Avatar Size needs an update to atleast 600kb instead of 51kb, can barely have any gif in here unless it's black and white aaaand they need to allow gifs -_-
Oct 23, 2013 8:42 AM

Apr 2009
I can't see the reason why this anime is so popular.

anyways, 6/10 for me for the whole season. :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2013 9:32 AM
Nov 2012
I liked it a lot but then I started to sit back and think about what I liked and appreciate other critiques. Wish-fulfillment fantasy is probably the best way to describe the anime. A lot of short bits of good writing here and there but the broader arcs needed more flesh and it would have been nice if the deus ex machina had been toned down just a touch more in favor of intelligent or appreciable actions.

By others accounts of the LNs, Aincrad should have been a season in itself. Maybe show Kirito beaten or challenged more in that game. Maybe more time seeing the culture of the game. God knows a touch more development of Asuna X Kirito would have been good polish to that arc. Hell let us see more of awesome Asuna being awesome in her own right. Then again we need our submissive kitchen waifus not being too badass -.-. Really the whole rape vibe at the end confuses me because I think it signifies a shift in the audience from children to a slightly more mature group and accordingly we should have seen that reflected. I hope Akihaba had another goal because that whole mystery turned out to be nothing.

Really all in all I think the animation and OST along with a protagonist who isn't obviously gimped do a lot to carry a bit of weak writing. While the first arc was more enjoyable and Kirito had an annoying Gary Sue quality, it was definitely an enjoyable experience.

I'll probably watch a sequel when it comes out. I just wish the writer could take a few steps away from hitting every trope desired to create something a bit more mature. He told some cool stories in SAO and I think that bit of maturity could transform his work into something that stands the test of time. We'll see.
Oct 23, 2013 8:22 PM

Jul 2012
Darkills said:
It was refreshing to see an anime where you dont have to wait the last episode to see something happens between the main chars.

There's actually a lot of shows with quick romance between MCs. LOL I'll list off some examples: Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Say I Love You, Kamisama Hajimemashita, Itazura na Kiss
Oct 24, 2013 5:18 PM

Aug 2012
ezaya said:
I can't see the reason why this anime is so popular.

anyways, 6/10 for me for the whole season. :)

I can but was expecting it to be better honestly.
Oct 27, 2013 6:17 PM

Jul 2007
1,240 replies lol. Holy shit.

OK words can not describe how much i felt during this episode. I did not expect for him to run into Suguo in the real world. That was intense, i wish kirito would of killed that fcking bastard. I kept telling my self, DOOO IT!! Just KILL THAT GUY LOL. I was practially screaming at the tv, he deserved everyhine he did and more. This was not just something he did online, this was some twisted experiment he wanted to do to gain power of people's minds in the real world? I mean how fcked can you possibly be and what his clear motives and reasons behind this? I cause will never find that out until another series.

Since Kirito actually let him go, we might see a return of him after he gets out of prison later on, who knows.

That tearful reunion of asana and kirto, they finally meet, and if you think about it, even though they have been with each other for ever, this is really the time they have ever meet in person. I have to admit, i shed manly tears during that moment.

So appears the world tree was a secret item giving the player access to create their own virual MMO and so the recede in MMO's was started back up again thanks to kirito and everyone could all meet each other and the worlds would all be converged.

So i really don't see the hate that this series really got, for me it was highly entertaining, one of the best series ive seen in a while The excellence of the individual components ( sound, animation) come together at the end to give the viewer an anime that is pleasant to see, awe-inspiring to hear, and minds in intrigue with the story.

A truly enjoyable series that crosses an extremely wide range of anime fanbases which is a hard feat to pull off. Sword Art Online is definitely one of the greatest and promising pieces of Japanese animation to exist in the year 2012. Anything that can make you love, hate, cry, and rejoice the way that Sword Art Online does is going to be hard to beat and for fans that are video game fans alike, I think they will appreciate this series even more so. Going to definitely have to write a review on this. I am totally off to read the rest of the novels of this fantastic SAO universe and its diverse characters.

10/10

Em i only the oddball here that though this show was just exceptional?

It is very unfortunate that because of this series over popularity, that it became a hunting ground for trolls, ive read alot of the reviews on this series and the majority of them should not even be allowed on MAL.
ArtimesGamerOct 27, 2013 6:38 PM

Oct 28, 2013 8:33 PM

Aug 2009
Well wasn't sure about this anime but finished it in quite a short time. It was good but had so much potential to be better. I really wished they didn't focus so much on the romance and more on game playing. Anyway the pacing was a bit rushed at times, then slow at times, inconsistent but it all worked out in the end. It kept my attention and I always wanted to know what would happen next.
8/10 is my rating
I think that's pretty fair.
If there is a second season I will definitely be checking it out.

Oct 30, 2013 8:29 PM

Mar 2012
For those who hates SAO, please join the Anti-SAO club.

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=39995

SAO sucks elephant shits.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Oct 30, 2013 10:01 PM

Oct 2013
Zeta986 said:
For those who hates SAO, please join the Anti-SAO club.

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=39995

SAO sucks elephant shits.

it's funny because there's only 3 people in that club, and they all seem to be into all the Ecchi/Hentai/Harem anime after checking all their animelists.. maybe they're like that because they, like Forgetfulness said (kinda)
need something "useful" to do with their lives aha

you know, I once said I'd never get addicted to something... well I'm still not

Forum Avatar Size needs an update to atleast 600kb instead of 51kb, can barely have any gif in here unless it's black and white aaaand they need to allow gifs -_-
Nov 4, 2013 9:38 AM

Oct 2011
So it's all over ;__; A great ending imo, really nice to see everyone together again. I kinda wish there was some way they got Yui into the real world, but I'm sure they'll be constantly visiting her in game. Glad to see Sugou got what he deserved, too. Overall, I'm giving SAO an 9. It had its faults, but I really enjoyed the show and grew attached to the characters and I usually rate shows on enjoyment, not quality. I'd definitely watch a sequel/movie and I'm really going to miss the SAO/ALO universe.
aidoruNov 4, 2013 9:51 AM
Nov 4, 2013 10:37 AM
Jul 2018
I loved everything about this episode.
Kirito beat the shit out of that glasses guy-bastard AGAIN, and this time in the real world!
KiritoxAsuna kiss!
We got to see everybody from SAO again! :D
And now Kirito, with the help of Leafa and everyone, are going to beat all one hundred floors of SAO.

This episode was an amazing ending to great series : )
I give Sword Art Online a 9/10 :D
Nov 6, 2013 6:49 AM

Feb 2011
I'm quite happy with how things ended. At first it seemed very rushed, with moments I thought I skipped an episode or two, but nonetheless I didn't really have a problem with how the pace continued for the first half, they portrayed the world very beautiful and the story didn't really suffer because of it. When things slowed down with the second part, I wasn't too fond of it, but they definitly grabbed my attention back with the end. All with all I think this could be the best ending possible, with that creep Sugou, shinu :c

Definitly peaked my interest for picking up the night novels to see how the story unfolds further and looking forward for an announcement of S2.
Nov 16, 2013 11:38 PM
Sep 2013
I just finished the series. And what can I say? I loved it of course, even though many others hated for their own reasons, I couldn't care less about what they think. I absolutely loved it! It did seem like it got slow at some parts, but most it was just a piece of the puzzle to see the whole picture. SAO was great because the whole time I was just hoping that he would beat the game and end up with Asuna in real life! But after ALO arc came to play and finding out that Asuna was still in her nerve gear was just unexpected for me. I thought it would be all over after SAO. But in ALO they got a lot more in depth in feelings with just about everyone else that was involved. Couldn't have asked for a better ending. They wrapped it up perfectly, with no questions unanswered. They revealed everything about everyone and how they were doing, even about the seed that was given to Kirito. And now they get to clear Aincrad and all 100 of its levels! Without the risk of dying. At this point they could do whatever they wanted with the series, of course last time I heard they were doing something with GGO, even though it really has little to do with our main characters from SAO and ALO I think thats a good thing. They ended everything perfectly for them, no reason to really continue on with them, they get to live happy lives. Time to introduce some new character into the series. And with that being done they could even tie both character from the different arcs to make a whole new arc altogether. So many new possibly and options for the creators to do. Whatever they do I plan to watch all and everything that comes out! Love Sword Art Online <3
Nov 17, 2013 2:32 PM

Aug 2012
I like the way this series handled itself. Even though it was way over-the-top in terms of seriousness, the initial premise justifies that. The problem is that the ending of the first arc was so weak (lol, Kayaba epic fail) that by then the seriousness was laughable. The beginning of the second arc again starts strong, has a piss weak middle, and has an all right ending. By far the weakest links in this series are the two main antagonists (Kayaba, Sugou) for being so shallow and devoid of any real motivation to do whatever it is they did. To me, they existed solely to create a world that could showcase Kirito's badassery. From that, it followed that the story would come off as wish fulfillment, which is a particularly negative label.

7/10.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Nov 18, 2013 6:20 PM

Dec 2009
Despite any gripes I had throughout the series, which it seems I'm not alone, I also really enjoyed the story, animation, and I actually cared about the characters and how it would turn out. I wish more series I turned on captured my heart, mind, attention, & kept me looking forward to the next episode as this one did.

7/10.
Such junk...
Nov 20, 2013 2:36 PM

Apr 2009
So - just finished the series in like 3 days.
Must say - not bad for a shounen, not bad at all... That goes for just the first 14 episodes tho - id give them 8/10 easy.
The last 11 where such utter garbage tho... Lack of proper buildup, pointless cliché villain and absolutely obnoxious female lead. I actually skipped trough the last few episodes.
6/10 overall.
Whenever you correct someone's grammar just remember that nobody likes you.
Nov 23, 2013 4:27 PM

May 2011
Just sat through episodes 13-25 today. Having droppedthis anime around episode 4 before, I've enjoyed it more than I thought I would have. Taking the ridiculous time-skips, not so well developer characters and numerous plot-holes/convenient deus-ex machinas into account, I give it a solid 7/10. Despite all the flaws and nonsense, it was still an enjoyable watch with some great scenes. The animation was good, and the OST was my favourite thing about the anime - though since it was done by Kajiura, that's pretty much a given. :)
Nov 30, 2013 7:40 PM

May 2013
MorningGlory said:
This Anime is so nice if watch with gf xD

Really nice Anime overall ^_^

LOL yeah, it's a nice anime for couple bonding time hahhahaha

I still don't understand why Asuna suddenly had blue hair at the end but whatever XDDD

This series was pretty good (:
I'd give it a 7-8/10

The only thing is that Sugu seems to have that outlook of "I can't have you so I'll just love you from afar forever" and it's pretty sad :( I wanted her to be happy, which I'm sure she is b/c the person she loves is happy, but you get what I mean ><
Kokoro_KotashimaNov 30, 2013 8:00 PM
Dec 6, 2013 7:03 PM

Nov 2013
Kirino beat up Sugou in the last episode - and again in the (expected) murder attempt by that insane bastard. And that reunion with Asuna in the hospital :D
Dec 12, 2013 7:53 PM
Apr 2009
This is a masterpiece.
I loved it!
Dec 20, 2013 2:08 PM
Jan 2013
Well this was... good, to put it one way.

I play video games too, but I never really played any massive MMO. I played Runescape back in 2007 just to toy around, I never really did much quests. The only real MMO I played was LEGO Universe, which unfortunately died only a year after it's actual release :(

But anyway, on the topic of SAO, the first half was great. It was setting everything into place, and at first I assumed Kirito, Asuna and the others would gradually progress from floor-to-floor then eventually reach the final boss near the end of the series. But then something went wrong. Out of the blue, a two-year timeskip was just placed randomly after the first episodes. Why? Not even half-way and we just get a timeskip for no reason at all? The series did nothing to deserve it, so I have no idea why it just happened like that. Very disappointing.

Along with that, Kirito levelled up way too fast. I believed that his level was going to play some part of the story, but instead they just made him OP enough to survive a ton of things to have the basic storyline progress. What were the producers doing?

And then to boot, SAO falls apart and we get introduced to ALO for the second arc of the story, which at this point the anime's title becomes painfully obsolete. It's not SAO anymore, jeez.

SAO should have been an arc in the first series, then have ALO in another season with a different title where a timeskip can be implemented in-between. Would have made much more sense. But as it turns out, the second arc was just your average save-the-princess storyline:

>Love interest is trapped with the laughable antagonist
>Protagonist does things here and there before setting off on a quest to save his woman
>Love interest escapes temporarily but gets captured again, complimentary tentacle scene provided.
>With help protag reaches her, antagonist interrupts, protag is on the ground, the antagonist is likely going to win
>UNTIL SUDDENLY something asinine happens to turn the tables around
>Protag saves her
>Protag eventually defeats the antag once and for all.
>Live happily ever after

The storyline was just too predictable. The only major twist is that Kirito could have had another love interest in the incestial form of his cousin, AKA his adoptive sister. But other than that, it's just your average hero vs evil on a quest to save the damsel in distress.

My verdict: If I had to pick between the two arcs, I'd definitely say the first one. It had so much potential, but instead they just filled it up with episodes otherwise unrelated to the main plot. Wow.

With this, I give SAO a 7/10 on my list. Fun, but flawed.
Dec 21, 2013 7:13 PM

Jun 2013
Really disappointed after watching this show. It kept on getting recommended as this supposed new good show, so I caved.

Man, that wasn't the worst I have ever seen, but it was pretty bad. I hate romance in Anime, they never ever ever pull it off well.
Dec 29, 2013 4:36 AM

Aug 2013
This anime was great in the beginning but I found myself so bored toward the middle... but it picked up for me at the end of episode 11 and then I was totally hooked and finished it within the same day. Some scenes gave me the shakes, even!

It ended up being a really quaint and nice series.

7/8.
Jan 2, 2014 12:48 PM
Jun 2012
Better ending than I would have thought. A nice celebration of gamer culture masked by a pretty bad love story.

Good series altogether, though. ALO arc was much better than some say (exaggeration, on the internet? SAY IT AIN'T SO!), but it certainly was the show's weak point, despite Suguha's strong characterization. They should have done more with her and they shouldn't have destroyed everything about Asuna that made her interesting, but oh well. That doesn't ruin an otherwise exceptional anime. The entirety of the SAO arc was fantastic in almost every way, a 9/10. The ALO arc was too simple, but was still very well animated, scored, and acted. A 7/10.

The show as a whole gets an 8/10 from me.

-Arvis
Jan 6, 2014 9:59 AM

Dec 2009
Yes finally Sugou gets what he deserves that fuck.

Saves Asuna, wins the game and becomes the hero, thats how it's done.

Though I found it a bit wierd that Suguha's feelings haven't really been concluded. Kazuto clearly knows she still loves him and I think Asuna knows too, kinda just left it hanging there. Though I like how they resolve those feelings with a dance. I could see how in another way Kirito could easily like Suguha.

Anyways, the new Aincrad is built and it begins all over again, kinda cool how everyone is there too, even minor characters we haven't seen since SAO like Thinker.

All in all one of the best anime I've seen, I don't see the hate for the second part I really enjoyed it. I can't wait for a second season
Jan 6, 2014 12:04 PM
Jun 2012
ImNewHereMan said:
I hate romance in Anime, they never ever ever pull it off well.
Steins;Gate would like to meet you.

-Arvis
Jan 8, 2014 4:42 AM

May 2013
Man , i was hoping for kirito x suguho . But i knew this wont happen . Anyways good episode . 8/10
Jan 15, 2014 10:55 PM

Sep 2013
That ended a lot better than I thought it would. This fairy nonsense had me wondering if I was the wrong demographic for the show but it equaled out towards the end.

Im a little disappointed Klein didnt get more airtime in the real world but no biggie.

Id give the show an 8/10 only because I really was put off by the fairy shit.
Jan 19, 2014 4:02 PM

Dec 2013
Finished it today, cute ending and I think it summed up well.
SAO Arc: 9.3/10(too much time with the marriage stuff)
AFL Arc: 7/10
Immahnoob said:
They say Jesus walked on water.
People are made out of 79% water.
I can walk on people.
So I am 79% Jesus.
Sourire said:
I once fucked an apple pie.
Jan 21, 2014 3:56 PM
Jan 2014
Btw, does anybody know what was the music called when Leafa and Kirito were dancing called?

Aincrad arc: 9.5/10
Fairy dance arc: Uhhh 8/10?
Jan 21, 2014 4:44 PM

Jan 2014
Sovan_ said:
Btw, does anybody know what was the music called when Leafa and Kirito were dancing called?

Aincrad arc: 9.5/10
Fairy dance arc: Uhhh 8/10?

"Dance with me" - its from SAO Original Soundtrack 2

OT: The ending was alright, was hoping it would end with a kirito-asuna moment but oh well
Jan 22, 2014 9:17 AM

Jan 2014
Finally done. Marathoned this in a day. I was so hooked up into it. It sort of felt rushed during the first few episodes as Kirito was levelling. The fights were spectacular but it went a bit down on the second arc. The animation and music was just excellent. Really creative fight animations there. Now, about romance in this anime... it was pretty strong and it did make me (almost) shed some tears. I was keeping it in so hard. I wished there were more 'Kazuto' and Asuna moments. I have to admit that I got a bit disappointed with the ending. Why bring back that stupid technology that damages people's brains? Not really saying it's bad. Plus, it would have been better if he was with Asuna in the end instead of Sugu. That was awkward lol.

Anyway, enough of that. It was a fun ride, very enjoyable, thrilling, and tear-jerking. I would've given this an 8.7/10. But since it still had that good ending and it is still Kazuto and Asuna, it's a 10/10.
Congratulations Kirito.
Jan 22, 2014 11:56 PM

Jul 2012
I have to admit, I didn t liked the fairys, but the storyline got me, and the SAO part was really awesome. 8/10 for me, good anime overall!
Jan 28, 2014 5:17 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I really think they should have split this show into 2 seasons instead of arcs. I think SAO was a very interesting word and premise and I would have loved to see it more fleshed out and developed. Episode 14 would have been a perfect ending.

Alfheim was simply not as good. The whole imouto love thing is getting boring and the tentacle/NTR thing from the villain was too contrived.

On a positive note, I really liked Asuna/Kirito. Most action shows are terrified of portraying romance or do it very poorly. SAO manages to show 2 people in love and who aren't afraid to express it.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 28, 2014 4:23 PM
Jul 2013
Finally I finished it. Honestly, I liked the end of the series and I hope the sequel.
Feb 2, 2014 7:04 AM

Jul 2013
I adored this last episode finally getting to see Kazuto and Asuna together in the real world and then they went back to ALO and that world seed stuff and the tower back again that they want to defeat together.

I give it a 10! It was an amazing ride and I will miss it until season 2! I can't wait for more! <3
Feb 15, 2014 11:34 PM
Jul 2018
Its over.
Its finally over.

Overall, I enjoyed the second half more than the first, believe it or not.
Still, I wish the series had better writing. Kaijura's music, lovely art and animation, impressive direction....If only.
Feb 22, 2014 5:26 AM

Aug 2013
I've avoided MAL for the first 24 episodes because I hate you all. You're all way too critical and you would probably say things like "ughhh noo we don't like her can we have 'MOARR' this character or that character instead". It's like you want every little thing to happen exactly how you want it instead of just sitting back and enjoying the damn anime that's been made for your entertainment.

First 24 episodes are near-flawless for me. It was perfect blend of romance and action.

The only issues I had was with the last episode which left a slightly underwhelming feeling at the end. I can overlook the fact that Asuna wasn't in the last scene cause she's still meant to be recovering and she went through some messed up stuff. But the bringing back that floating SAO world thing and going there without Asuna to play it from level 1? I just thought the last scene could have been a bit more meaningful, and include Asuna in it.

I can overlook that as well though since there's going to be season 2.

Last episode: 4/5

Overall: 10/10
ittou_shuraFeb 22, 2014 5:30 AM
Pages (29) « First ... « 23 24 [25] 26 27 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2012

735 by Artromex »»
Jun 29, 9:38 AM

» Best anime ? ( 1 2 3 )

inthelovedotorg - Jun 11

110 by Cituriix »»
Jun 29, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2012

1301 by Artromex »»
Jun 28, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2012

1270 by Artromex »»
Jun 26, 1:33 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2012

769 by Artromex »»
Jun 25, 2:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.