Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 11, 2013 5:09 AM

Sep 2012
SolviteSekai said:
hpulley said:
SolviteSekai said:
Why
Because people can't read posts above theirs before posting... which say we predict that Chamber will be back... sigh.

Unless Season 2 replaces everything that happened after episode 1 with a series that doesn't suck, I doubt I'll bother watching.
I agree, the season disappointed me overall after a great and promising start but I will still give the sequel a chance, whatever it is.
Oct 11, 2013 7:05 AM

Apr 2011
YAY!! What a good news!! :D

Oct 11, 2013 9:19 AM
May 2012
Awwwyeahhh I knew it!!!!! I guess I should watch the season 1 soon :3
Oct 11, 2013 9:25 AM

Sep 2011
I wonder how exactly they can make a sequel to this for anything more than a ova or something

If its a movie or a ova ill watch it just to see how it goes cause it wont be long but if its a 2nd season i wont even bother, season 1 was kind of a mess

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 11, 2013 11:59 AM
Aug 2013
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
I wonder how exactly they can make a sequel to this for anything more than a ova or something

If its a movie or a ova ill watch it just to see how it goes cause it wont be long but if its a 2nd season i wont even bother, season 1 was kind of a mess

This is exactly what I'm thinking after this announcement.
Oct 11, 2013 3:33 PM
Jan 2012
Damn, I hope they aren't planning on making this second season. There's no way to make it as good as the first season... I don't even see how the plot could hold in the first place !
Good luck though.
Oct 11, 2013 3:40 PM

Jun 2013
Ohhhhh I can't wait!!
Oct 11, 2013 9:58 PM

Dec 2007
Not too stoked. First season was kind of lackluster. It felt like Chamber had more of a personality than the MC.
Oct 12, 2013 8:10 AM

Oct 2011
Wow. Good for this...but then, my favorite character from Gargantia is Chamber :(
But still watching~
Oct 12, 2013 11:32 AM

Jan 2012
Sequel, yes! There already are specials, so this will be a movie or a second season, right? ovas usually are from mangas..
Oct 12, 2013 1:09 PM

Sep 2012
Deivii said:
Not too stoked. First season was kind of lackluster. It felt like Chamber had more of a personality than the MC.

Good, you understood one of the show's themes.
Oct 12, 2013 2:12 PM

Apr 2008
i think this story will go around if ledo gonna back to space and fight or he gonna stay to the earth and the reason is the girl(forgot her name) and i smell squel or ova to this series bcos of the last episode last minute chamber is still one piece so i think he is still working

i like chamber bcos of Gintoki voice and how the fck he troll in the special episode~
Oct 12, 2013 3:40 PM

Jul 2007
FUCK YEAH.

This was litterally amongst the BEST shows in last few years.

Part of me is worried onto HOW will this come back(because it had quite a definite end) and part of me is overjoyed.

Also here's a thought:
Do we KNOW that this will take time right after S1? Or will there be a ~10?20?30?100? year timeskip?

I mean The war above will eventually reach the planet, so could it be that its set in future decades after the first one?
Oct 12, 2013 4:05 PM

Jan 2008
Burningblade04 said:
With all these urobutcher sequels

Wait, there's a Psycho Pass sequel? *checks* There's a second season AND a film? Anime is saved!
Oct 12, 2013 5:12 PM

Jan 2013
Eh, not too excited, but I'll still watch it. I wonder what direction they are going to go with this season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2013 10:43 PM

Dec 2010
Expected. Otaku's, weaboos, and herbivore men love anime like this.
Oct 13, 2013 4:37 AM
Jan 2013
Fai said:
FUCK YEAH.

This was litterally amongst the BEST shows in last few years.
*Shake hands - although not the best, indeed very well made show, only disappointment was lack of it.
Oct 13, 2013 5:01 AM

Sep 2012
I've only seen 4 Gen Urobuchi's works and I felt that this was his weakest one but I'm excited nonetheless, definitely didn't expect a sequel for this
Oct 13, 2013 1:33 PM
Jun 2013
Ledo's brother, Ledo's return to Avalon, the end of the war between the hideauze & humans, avalon-gargantia war, maybe?
Im really hoping for a full series
Oct 13, 2013 4:12 PM

Sep 2011
Not sure if a good thing. The show had high potential but threw it away and ended the final few episodes in info dump, and wasted precious episode for fanservice, development of Ledo should've been more concise, but it is still far better than most shows out there that are getting sequels(COUGH DATE A LIVE COUGH)

I am more hoping for a redo if anything.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Oct 13, 2013 5:03 PM

Jul 2013
The show had a great ending, but they really have to milk it don't they? I'm looking forward to it nonetheless. Loved the first season.
Oct 13, 2013 8:17 PM

Sep 2011
delirious said:
The show had a great ending, but they really have to milk it don't they? I'm looking forward to it nonetheless. Loved the first season.

I don't think it's "milking" when the anticipated sales drop by thousands. If anything, it's trying to complete the series, now that Ledo's character is developed.
Oct 14, 2013 6:08 AM

Sep 2012
GodlyKyon said:
I don't think it's "milking" when the anticipated sales drop by thousands.
I wonder what you meant by this.....
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 14, 2013 2:27 PM

Sep 2011
Wasn
symbv said:
GodlyKyon said:
't it only selling the 8000s?
Oct 14, 2013 3:43 PM

Jan 2010
Hmm... Well season one failed to impress me. It could have been sooooo much better. Maybe they get it right this time?

As far as Chamber, Ledo kept that communicator device that he hung around his neck. Maybe it Chamber's core or a flash card with his AI in it? Many possibilities.
"Seize the time, Meribor - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
Oct 14, 2013 3:54 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Hoping better things for the sequel. C'mon Urobochi!
Oct 14, 2013 4:01 PM

Sep 2011
I though urobochi only wrote like a few episodes of the show or something

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 14, 2013 9:20 PM

Sep 2012
GodlyKyon said:
symbv said:
GodlyKyon said:
Why "only" ??

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 19, 2013 7:22 PM

Mar 2012
im so excited, the show ended pretty good, i will only watch if it Gen Urobuchi is part of the staff
Oct 19, 2013 9:19 PM

Sep 2011
symbv said:
GodlyKyon said:
symbv said:
GodlyKyon said:
Why "only" ??

Wasn't the expected sales around 12000 or something initially? I know 8k is really good already, but it saw a decrease from what it potentially have

xitsmallpie said:
im so excited, the show ended pretty good, i will only watch if it Gen Urobuchi is part of the staff

Uh... He's not the only capable person, nor can only 1 person that's capable produce a satisfying show
Oct 19, 2013 9:46 PM

Apr 2013
Dalek-baka said:
If they change main scriptwriter from Urobuchi it might be decent. Or at least without being so dark and will lower number of ridiculous solutions like first part.
He only wrote 2 episodes
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Oct 20, 2013 3:16 AM

Mar 2009
It was a good show, better than most of the shows that aired during that season. I thought they were just going to leave it like that, since the ending felt kind of conclusive. I knew the manga wasn't over yet, so I was thinking it had an anime original ending. It'll be interesting to see where it goes. I hope they can somehow salvage Chamber, he was the best part.
Oct 20, 2013 3:21 AM

Sep 2012
GodlyKyon said:
Wasn't the expected sales around 12000 or something initially? I know 8k is really good already, but it saw a decrease from what it potentially have
Where did you get that number for expected sales? At least from Stalker it never went that high, at least not after its ranking became stable after the initial solicitation boost. And if you talked about the pre-season poll taken in 2ch, we know it is a very rough guess based on only scanty data like character design, staff and seiyuu involved and PV/CM before any episode was aired. Besides the median number of that poll actually put the guess at 9000 which I'd say a pretty good guess given how little information was available before the season started.

Oct 20, 2013 5:38 AM

Aug 2011
GodlyKyon said:
nor can only 1 person that's capable produce a satisfying show

You should watch Cencoroll.
Oct 20, 2013 5:40 AM

Jul 2008
That surprise me actually, they might focus more on romance if this is the case :)
Oct 20, 2013 8:49 AM

Oct 2013
reiko_ said:
Suisei no Gargantia without Chamber is... ;__;

WUT? noooooooo really ? I can't watch it without chamber :(
Oct 20, 2013 12:42 PM

Apr 2011
I can't see how this is gonna turn out. They pretty much wrapped it up, didn't they?
Oct 21, 2013 8:08 AM

Jun 2013
GodlyKyon said:
Uh... He's not the only capable person, nor can only 1 person that's capable produce a satisfying show

Shinkai Makoto.
Gutalala ~~ sudalala

"It would be great to live as a human"
-Meruem, King of the Ants
Oct 21, 2013 12:49 PM

May 2013
CHAMBER!! that Tin Can is such a badaaaasss
Oct 21, 2013 3:42 PM

Sep 2011
symbv said:
GodlyKyon said:
Where did you get that number for expected sales? At least from Stalker it never went that high, at least not after its ranking became stable after the initial solicitation boost. And if you talked about the pre-season poll taken in 2ch, we know it is a very rough guess based on only scanty data like character design, staff and seiyuu involved and PV/CM before any episode was aired. Besides the median number of that poll actually put the guess at 9000 which I'd say a pretty good guess given how little information was available before the season started.

Oh, ok, then never mind. If the show was better, it would've sold more.

seikipunch said:
GodlyKyon said:

Shinkai Makoto.

How is he the only one in charge of his movies though?
Oct 21, 2013 8:38 PM

Mar 2012
Nice. The series was a bit rough, but it definitely had some potential. I enjoyed it a lot.
Let's go bowling.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Darwin Jihen' Gets TV Anime

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

14 by Zedlin »»
15 minutes ago

» 'Edens Zero' Manga Ends in Five Chapters

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by Zedlin »»
47 minutes ago

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - May 12

45 by nectror »»
6 hours ago

» Kinema Citrus Announces 'Sayonara Lara', 'Ninja Skooler' Original Anime

DatRandomDude - May 18

20 by IdaB »»
10 hours ago

» 'Diamond no Ace: Act II' TV Anime Sequel in Production

Vindstot - May 18

22 by Lili-chwaaan »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.