Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 5, 2014 6:26 AM

May 2013
Aw, Utsu-tsu wants to heal people.
Aaaaand everyone knows Hajime is a Gatchaman.

Hajime and Utsu-tsu keep getting cuter. (^_^)

Rui wants the entire human race to be superheroes. Good luck with that.
Hajime seems to have a reason behind everything.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jan 7, 2014 4:40 PM

Jul 2013
Another awesome episode with Hajime in it~! She's soo awesome~!
Jan 10, 2014 3:03 PM

Mar 2012
lol, Gatchaman is a hindrance because people will come to rely on that power, but aren't people relying on GALAX just as much? Show's logic is fucked :|

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jan 12, 2014 1:50 AM

Jul 2013
So no one but me seriously ships Hajime and Sugane?

Well okay.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Jan 12, 2014 6:50 AM

Dec 2010
Utsutsu super-cute confirmed.

I'm glad Hajime refused to Rui, I totally expected her to to accept it, with her random attitude.
Feb 5, 2014 2:55 PM

Apr 2013
I love how subtly Hajime pointed out the irony in Rui's statement of the world having no need for heroes by mentioning CROWDS.

Hajime is actually really smarter than she looks.
Powerful eyebrows.
May 8, 2014 11:53 AM
Apr 2014
So we finally know what Utsutsu does: she can both absorb and distribute life force; distributing too much kills her, but she doesn't want to absorb any because that would weaken them. I don't know whether that's a blessing or a curse :p On the other hand, I loved how the ribbons in her hair were gradually increasing throughout the episode. So cute ^^

And then the world kne about Gatchaman, and journalists will always be journalists Those knights saving the princess was very nicely done, I really liked that scene. On to LOAD :)

I kind of understood LOAD's point, and I really like the social commentaries this series gives. However, for some threats GALAX won't suffice, and Hajime knows that. She saw through Rui's "make-up" very quickly too, once again confirming both her intelligence and her social skills. Now what will both J.J. and B.K. do, I wonder.
"Though mountains crack, and ice will thaw

Though walls will fall, to tooth and claw

Though stars will fade, and shadow spread

On the heights we stood, with iron red.

And as they died, they killed the dead.
Sep 21, 2014 5:48 PM

Feb 2013
So Hajime isn't as clueless as I thought she was. She has a reason for what she does. That's good. What is that cross dresser really want. I feel like he is still hiding something. Good episode.
Dec 13, 2014 10:21 AM
Jun 2013
wow utsu is like a god with her powers. I never knew they could take off their helmits. though they were stuck in that outfit the whole time. Well now the show makes it offical that rui is a dude I hope they explain the cross dressing. Funny little episode with the girls running from the press. It also nice to see hajima isint just some ditzy air head.
Jan 17, 2015 10:29 AM
Jan 2012
Why do they need to explain the cross dressing? There is nothing to be explained. Some people enjoy dressing differently, that is all.

Anyways, fun episode. Rui's ideals are interesting but I couldn't see Rui's ideas working in the long term.
Mar 27, 2015 6:56 AM

Jun 2014
I would have trouble dealing with people like Hajime in real life.

Rui is a hypocrite, she uses the CROWDS and she was given power by that other alien.

Jun 29, 2015 7:09 PM

Jun 2014
AH! holy shit. Ive been wondering if Rui was a guy or a girl. I was expecting him to be a crossdresser.
Aug 19, 2015 11:39 PM
Aug 2014
dekopinn said:
So no one but me seriously ships Hajime and Sugane?

Well okay.

my heart sinks knowing this anime isn't romance
Dec 29, 2015 1:27 PM

Sep 2014
Load's logic is, "We can't rely on people with superpowers, because the general public will depend on them and become stagnant."

Well I don't know about you load, but to me it seems you're going directly against your own ideals by using the blue frog looking things. Can't tell if it is a character flaw, or the author completely forgot.
GokuDec 29, 2015 1:27 PM
Jan 20, 2016 11:35 PM

Jun 2011
JusticeSoulTuna said:
FlareKnight said:

Rui does have a point but ignores the flaws in his own system. People may stop relying on heroes to save them, but they are just transferring that reliance to Galax to tell them what to do. Can update the world or whatever but if you turn Galax off suddenly people will go right back to doing what they did before. A system that can be abused for good or bad is hardly an ideal world to be aiming for. No everyone is perfect like Hajime; able to use the system without being controlled by it.

Oddly enough this episode is kind of where I'm getting slightly tired of Hajime's perfection. Every decision is perfect, with logical reasoning and never goes wrong. Reveals herself...just because she needed to do it right then.

Far more interested in Jou hunting down Berg than Hajime seeing through everything perfectly. At least can hope Jou actually finds this guy and this series with heroes can actually have a fight or two in it.

Exactly. You pinpointed my biggest problem with her; she's too perfect. Too happy go lucky, pretty moe and 'I know everything and all my decisions are correct and judgements are sound', which is usually the type of character that bothers me the most especially when they're not well balanced. A lot of people in the forum did however point out that's she's smart sure but she's not some omniscient being who's infallible. Yet the lack of ANY kind of context, reasoning or back story to her actions makes her perfect attitude very suffocating. See, I don't hate her and she doesn't annoy me as much as she could. But for a main character I could care less about her. Rui interests me INFINITELY more, cross dressing and all. Rui's got the right idea but relies too heavily on his idealism and doesn't see the bigger picture, cause he puts too much faith in human altruism. I get that Hajime believes that Gatchaman are needed to protect people and she did mention that 'you can't always trust the internet blindly' (yet another perfect bit of foreshadowing from her...) but it's also kinda bs since to this episode she's pretty much done NOTHING Gatchaman-like at all. I dunno, everyone on the forums seems to love her unconditionally and that's fine. But hey, don't expect me to drink the kool aid :p
+1 pretty much summed up the issues I have with her. She be like "I do whatever I want yet I am still in the right", and that's annoying. I can't wait for something to actually prove her wrong for once, and change the way she does things. I thought she was pretty unique as a character at first, but as time passes I see that she's just a loudmouth, except not as dumb as she looks.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 28, 2016 3:02 AM

Mar 2012
ToG25thBaam said:
+1 pretty much summed up the issues I have with her. She be like "I do whatever I want yet I am still in the right", and that's annoying. I can't wait for something to actually prove her wrong for once, and change the way she does things. I thought she was pretty unique as a character at first, but as time passes I see that she's just a loudmouth, except not as dumb as she looks.

Mhm. I won't spoil anything, but that's pretty much her character. It's frustrating, cause her design is charming and it's nice that she's not an airhead. But she's the opposite extreme entirely
---
Twitter: @JusticeSoulTuna
Wordpress: JusticeSoulTuna
Youtube: JusticeSoulTuna
I'm literally JST everywhere
Feb 4, 2016 11:08 PM

Dec 2012
Goku said:
Load's logic is, "We can't rely on people with superpowers, because the general public will depend on them and become stagnant."

Well I don't know about you load, but to me it seems you're going directly against your own ideals by using the blue frog looking things. Can't tell if it is a character flaw, or the author completely forgot.

The author certainly didn't forget about it. That's the whole point of Hajime mentioning the Crowds during that conversation, and later remarking that she'd be prettier without "make up". That wasn't supposed to mean she could see Rui was a crossdresser. Rather, Hajime was talking about the figurative "make up" that is Rui's lies (to others and to herself). So, half of it is a character flaw (a bit of a hypocrisy and a lie to herself), but do keep in mind that one of the reasons Rui was reluctant to use the CROWDS before was due to this idealism of hers (people shouldn't rely on a superior power to save them every time).

JusticeSoulTuna said:
ToG25thBaam said:

Mhm. I won't spoil anything, but that's pretty much her character. It's frustrating, cause her design is charming and it's nice that she's not an airhead. But she's the opposite extreme entirely

It's not that she simply is always right. Hajime's strenght is that she actually thinks and considers before coming to conclusions and acting. That, in turn, leads to her being right most of the times, but not out of nowhere. By taking her time to actually ask questions and think for her self, she comes to conclusions that are more often right than those of the other heroes. This becomes specially noticeable when compared to the way some of the other characters work in the beginning of the series:

Rui is too blinded by her idealism.
Sugane follows rules and commands without questioning.
Joe has a hero complex and tries to end problems before giving them to much thought.
Paiman is too scared to make decisions of his own.

It doesn't mean she's perfect, though. As someone has already mentioned in this thread, her communication skills are lacking. So even if she is able to figure things out, her teammates aren't always able to follow her explanations. This can easily lead to complications, specially in situations where quick understanding of what is being said is needed.

Another problem this method brings is that she can't always respond to everything that happens as soon as possible. She stops and think about it first. For better or for worse, characters like Sugane and Joe are able to act much quicker.

I'll try to keep this as spoiler free as possible, but here are some general things that can be seen in future episodes/seasons:
TulicloureFeb 4, 2016 11:12 PM
Feb 22, 2016 2:45 AM

Mar 2012
Tulicloure said:

It's not that she simply is always right. Hajime's strenght is that she actually thinks and considers before coming to conclusions and acting. That, in turn, leads to her being right most of the times, but not out of nowhere. By taking her time to actually ask questions and think for her self, she comes to conclusions that are more often right than those of the other heroes. This becomes specially noticeable when compared to the way some of the other characters work in the beginning of the series:

Rui is too blinded by her idealism.
Sugane follows rules and commands without questioning.
Joe has a hero complex and tries to end problems before giving them to much thought.
Paiman is too scared to make decisions of his own.

It doesn't mean she's perfect, though. As someone has already mentioned in this thread, her communication skills are lacking. So even if she is able to figure things out, her teammates aren't always able to follow her explanations. This can easily lead to complications, specially in situations where quick understanding of what is being said is needed.

Another problem this method brings is that she can't always respond to everything that happens as soon as possible. She stops and think about it first. For better or for worse, characters like Sugane and Joe are able to act much quicker.

I'll try to keep this as spoiler free as possible, but here are some general things that can be seen in future episodes/seasons:

That's a fair way of looking at it, and a good analysis overall. My issue isn't that I can't see it that way, my issue is that to even feel comfortable with her character, I have to do that extrapolation in the first place. Personally, i've reached a point in entertainment where if a character's being isn't apparent or fully fleshed out within how the character is conveyed on screen, then having to justify them in my mind only makes me feel sour. Cause I want to like characters as they are, but that's hard to do when they're so unrelatable.

I appreciate your perspective, because it does shed light on her (especially in the second season, which I refused to watch mainly cause I didn't like her). However when I like characters, I like appreciating them at surface level first, seeing their depth within the anime, and then digging deeper afterwards. But the lack of any visible consequence for Hajime was frustrating to the point of apathy, and no justifications would do it for me, sadly.
---
Twitter: @JusticeSoulTuna
Wordpress: JusticeSoulTuna
Youtube: JusticeSoulTuna
I'm literally JST everywhere
Feb 22, 2016 4:48 PM

Dec 2012
JusticeSoulTuna said:

That's a fair way of looking at it, and a good analysis overall. My issue isn't that I can't see it that way, my issue is that to even feel comfortable with her character, I have to do that extrapolation in the first place. Personally, i've reached a point in entertainment where if a character's being isn't apparent or fully fleshed out within how the character is conveyed on screen, then having to justify them in my mind only makes me feel sour. Cause I want to like characters as they are, but that's hard to do when they're so unrelatable.

I appreciate your perspective, because it does shed light on her (especially in the second season, which I refused to watch mainly cause I didn't like her). However when I like characters, I like appreciating them at surface level first, seeing their depth within the anime, and then digging deeper afterwards. But the lack of any visible consequence for Hajime was frustrating to the point of apathy, and no justifications would do it for me, sadly.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. Personally, I've never really felt the need for Hajime to have some big character flaws (even if I ended up believing she does, like I've said), mainly because I just thought she was SO FUN to watch, but I can totally see why that's not the case for everyone. It would be interesting to see clearly bad consequences of her flaws, though.
Dec 25, 2016 6:14 PM

Dec 2014
Damn, Hajime was really annoying this episode... was marathoning pretty fine but this finally pushed me to drop the show.

I'll probably try again another time in hopes that something happens that will prove her wrong and knock her down a peg.
IceOfDarknessDec 25, 2016 6:18 PM
Jan 2, 2017 11:56 AM
Apr 2015
hajime and utsutsu was cute...
i can see rui's reasoning but yeah he's too idealistic
Jul 23, 2017 12:53 PM
Jul 2016
IceOfDarkness said:
Damn, Hajime was really annoying this episode... was marathoning pretty fine but this finally pushed me to drop the show.

I'll probably try again another time in hopes that something happens that will prove her wrong and knock her down a peg.

I just dropped this shit too, bruh. This show is so stupid and all sorts of illogical. I despise most of these characters, but Hajime and her blond male classmate just make my blood fucking boil when I see/hear them.
Sep 11, 2017 2:17 PM

Jan 2014
Hajime is more perceptive than she lets on. I like her unconventional approach to things.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 8, 2018 4:42 PM
Jul 2015
There's really nothing suggesting she's dumb in the first place. She's just really excited all of the time.
Oct 2, 2019 7:03 PM

Mar 2016
The amount of unearned character moments in this show is unbelievable. It's almost impressive how obnoxious everyone in the cast is. I actually think the concept is very interesting, but damn it's hard to get through an episode.
syncrogazerOct 2, 2019 7:14 PM
Dec 18, 2019 4:23 AM

Jul 2016
migohunter said:
I love how subtly Hajime pointed out the irony in Rui's statement of the world having no need for heroes by mentioning CROWDS.

Hajime is actually really smarter than she looks.

The classic dumb buyt smart girl character
Jun 17, 2020 8:55 PM

Feb 2010
I am wondering why Sugane never seems to make a real augment. His reasoning is "just because" rather then giving an actual reason. They weren't fighting the MESS because they are Gatchaman, they are fighting the MESS because they go around absorbing people. When they stopped doing that they stopped fighting them.
There is also the argument for the Gatchaman that GALAX could never replace. Family the fact that Rui doesn't actually seem to have any idea what's going on or what the Gatchaman's job is. They aren't going to help with random people falling down the stairs or getting hit by a car, at least not using their powers anyway. They use their powers to fight alien threats and the tunnel was a bit outside of their purview. However at no point did anyone bother to explain that to him. Granted Rui left as soon as the argument wasn't going is way.

I am wondering why Rui hates superheroes so much. That seems to be clouding his judgment. Meanwhile Barg keeps pushing his buttons and causing havoc. He might not even want Rui to use his powers, but keeps telling him to as a form of reverse psychology. I know he gave them to him, but that could be to motivate him into doing something else.

There is also the fact that, Hajime's latest actions notwithstanding, the Gatchaman have always operated in the shadows and were effectively an urban legend. It's kind of hard to become dependent on something if you aren't even sure it exists. In that regard GALAX is more of a threat to humanity's development then the Gatchaman.
Sep 30, 2020 2:27 PM

Aug 2017
So Hajime can take her Gatchaman costume off partially by using Amnesia Remind, huh?

That Utsutsu's short smile with a tongue sticking out...She even laughed! And damn, Hajime's voice acting is simply exceptional

Funny how Hajime seemed to uncover Rui's identity instantly (?). Well, that's what I got from her using the "-kun" honorific. Anyway, she's pretty good at seeing through people.

Also, Joe offered Utsutsu to use his life for saving people...did he give her some of his life energy or something? I guess so.

The way Paiman refused to take responsibility instead of relying on JJ...lol. His reactions and the way of running are hilarious

Rui's "perfect world" sounds communistic.
St0rmbladeSep 30, 2020 2:39 PM
Jan 16, 2023 3:32 PM

Aug 2018
Hajime is so annoying. I was thinking the exact same thing when Sugane wondered why she's so intent on breaking the rules. The obvious implication of exposing her identity like that is her being abducted by the govt to some secret lab for experimentation. But I guess she's just gonna continue her life as normal? We shall see, I'm only 5 minutes into the episode.

I picked up vibes from Sugane in earlier episodes but I am now convinced he is 100% tsundere.

Rui's utopia is sounding more and more like Communism. Hajime's fierce determination to break rules and do things her way are basically the complete opposite of Rui's ideals. Maybe I am reading too much into it and this is actually a very shallow simplistic story with no particular theme or message at it's core.
epidemia78Jan 16, 2023 4:11 PM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Jul 12, 2013

299 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 7, 4:53 AM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2013

122 by CartoonVelocirap »»
Dec 14, 2023 7:36 PM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

VioLink - Sep 27, 2013

213 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 19, 2023 4:49 AM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

93 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 19, 2023 2:31 AM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

VioLink - Sep 13, 2013

103 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 18, 2023 1:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.