Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 18, 2012 2:30 PM
Nov 2007
Narutowolf77 said:
If you don't like it then why are you even reading it O.o?

Pretty sure we can all be mature enough not to give such responses.
Dec 18, 2012 3:09 PM

Jun 2008
Juneh said:
"Dead" they said, inb4 miraculously coming back to life in the end when everybody died, just like in the Pain Arc. ( Obito wasting his Rinne Tensei resurrecting everybody that dies. )

I fully expect that because Kishimoto has clearly shown that Naruto despite having wars and stuff is still is not a fully grown-up compatible and it ants to touch young teenage audience.

natalieexx said:
joyas120 said:
sakura next?
pretty please

yes please

OH! shut the fuck up already. This Sakura hate has gotten old after the first gazillion times people wished her death. Find something else to talk about.
MonadDec 18, 2012 3:12 PM
Dec 18, 2012 3:21 PM

Mar 2008
It's getting kinda lame. 600 chapters and he just killed 2 important characters. And then when he could've shown stuff was serious, he revived everybody.

Now, on the final battle, he starts killing of characters just to create drama.

At this point, even if he does ressurect everybody again, it can't get worse.

Also, it's hard to care about his death since he hasn't been a relevant character since his fight with kidoumaru...
Dec 18, 2012 3:50 PM

Oct 2011
OH MY GOD WHY!?
WHY?
WHY!
WH?!
NEJI I NEVER LIKED YOU THAT MUCH>>>BUT I NEVER HATED YOU
WHY DID YOU HAVE TO DIE I AM SO SAD AND MAD!
Dec 18, 2012 4:01 PM

Jul 2012
Blah if i hadn't been a manga for so long i would definitely have dropped this manga. I had such high hopes for the big war and then this.. haaha
Dec 18, 2012 4:51 PM

Mar 2010
hahahahahaha, i hope he's somehow not actually dead just like last time
Dec 18, 2012 5:20 PM

May 2010
Neji is going to die. Didn't see that one coming. ;_;

Makes me wonder if more main characters will die. :(

tbh, i wouldn't be very sad if hinata died.
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Dec 18, 2012 5:29 PM

Sep 2008
chapter 653 Neji revived with rinne tensei
Dec 18, 2012 5:32 PM

Jun 2011
DON'T WORRY, HE'LL REVIVE. IT'S SHOUNEN JUMP AFTER ALL.
Dec 18, 2012 5:56 PM
Jun 2009
Oh, Neji...

I liked the dude. Why, Kishimoto? ): Well, I hope he stays dead, because what he did is awesome. For me, there is no senses in reviving the dead with that resurrection justu.
Dec 18, 2012 6:28 PM

Aug 2011
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
NEJI
WHY
Dec 18, 2012 7:23 PM

May 2011
Holy fuck... no way. Damn this was just too sudden. And no way in hell did I ever think that Kishimoto would kill off one of starting ninjas in this series. Damn it why Neji!? :(

At least it wasn't Hinata I guess... I've gotta admit I was scared as balls when she jumped in to bodyshield Naruto and I probably would've ended up crying if she ended up dying. Screw Sakura, Naruto better realize that Hinata is the best.

After this chapter, I don't know what to expect anymore since it looks like everyone is dropping like flies from the Juubi's attacks.
Dec 18, 2012 8:21 PM

Aug 2012
Neji's first "death" (against Kidomaru) was 100% more appropriate than this!

I'm not saying Neji should've died back then, but rather, Neji's current death should've been like 500x more emotional than THIS.

Oh well.
Dec 18, 2012 8:49 PM
Mar 2011
radiantfire said:
Narutowolf77 said:
If you don't like it then why are you even reading it O.o?

Pretty sure we can all be mature enough not to give such responses.

I see nothing immature about my response when it honestly baffles me how someone that thinks a manga is terrible continues to read it and then goes and posts on a forum about it. It honestly and completely baffles me and I find it incredibly rude to the actual fans of it.

I don't continue reading series that I think are terrible nor do I go about and say that its terrible. THAT is being immature and cannot even be called discussion, it's just saying something because you like the sound of your own voice.
Dec 18, 2012 8:54 PM

Dec 2012
I'm sad to see Neji die but it is good that Kishimoto is finally killing off characters since after all this is supposed to be a war. As much as I love Neji and wished that he hadnt been the one to die I would hate it even more if he and the others are revived in the end with rinne tensei.
Dec 18, 2012 8:58 PM

Dec 2011

I love Naruto.. but cool how he did little to nothing in this chapter except waste energy and once again show that he's inept at having even the slightest delicacy.

You know what happened, Naruto.
I'd expect that out of him from pre-Shippuden, but not now. He's had enough run-ins with comrades dying in his previous battles. Ugh.

But man, not Neji.. anytime I've pictured a future Narutoverse, he's always been there..a tall jonin with his clean white top on, but with a flak jacket too. I'll just go cry some more.
Dec 18, 2012 9:14 PM

Feb 2010
Aww, brings back memory, it was so many years ago between Negi and Naruto rivalry. It was also one of the high point in the series, it was briefly mention again when Negi fought the spider-guy too while chasing Sasuke. Shikimaru gang keeping their composure after the loss of their parents was a good touch too.
Dec 18, 2012 9:35 PM

Dec 2008
Neji is dead? Wow, didn't see that coming.
Dec 18, 2012 10:19 PM

Jan 2011
I'm starting to feel all nostalgic now... with Neji's death, it kinda hit me that Naruto is soon coming to an end. As much as I bitch about the series, I still can't help but love it to death :(
Dec 18, 2012 10:28 PM
Aug 2011
60sRock said:
I'm starting to feel all nostalgic now... with Neji's death, it kinda hit me that Naruto is soon coming to an end. As much as I bitch about the series, I still can't help but love it to death :(

I'm kind of in the same boat, but I blame the friggin' anime for making me dislike and bitch about Naruto more than I should be.

GOODBYE NEJI!

Damn it!!!!
Dec 18, 2012 11:04 PM

Jul 2007
Damn ive watched Neji grow up since the start of the series, one of the main actors dies. Kishi is really not playing around now. If kishi is killing off neji that could mean any one could die at this point.

I do like how this is portrayed as a "real" war though. Because this is what war is, people die.

RIP Neji.

Dec 18, 2012 11:11 PM

Jul 2011
No... Neji... He was the first anime character that I had ever liked... And now he's dead...

RIP Neji... :'<
Dec 18, 2012 11:35 PM

Aug 2008
Well it kind of makes sense that Neji was the first to go of the new generation. There are two MC that are from the Hyuga family (Neji and Hinata) in the New generation; I could see Hinata staying alive longer than Neji because she is from the head of the family, and she is a possible romance character for Naruto. Also Neji is already a Jounin out of all the new generation, so if he were left alive after the war he could also be a Hokage candidate.

I also have a prediction of Tsunade healing the other kage which will cause her to over use her chakra and life force, which will cause her to become an old lady again. But this time; her recovery will not be 100%. So she will remain Hokage for a really short amount of time. If she were to die from this war, Kakashi would become Hokage before Naruto could even if he did really well during this war. Naruto doesn't have the experience of leading people on missions, teaching genins, and he is still a genin himself. Naruto may have great charisma and power, but I still think he is less mature than Garra was when he became a Kage.
Dec 18, 2012 11:37 PM

Mar 2009
Oh, yeah. Neji. I remember him.
His pseudo-death in Part 1 had more of an impact.

I did like how he reminded Naruto of Hinata. Still, it should have been, "Hey, asshole! She confessed her love to you, and all you continue to do is fantasize about Sasuke. She's too good for you!"
Dec 19, 2012 12:53 AM

Apr 2011
Neji is deadddd! Expecting more deaths to come on the following chapters. I have to prepare some tissues the next time. It made me cry. Neji is one of my favorite characters from the beginning. I've seen his development all throughout the series and one of the persons that made Naruto strong. Ughhhhh. But that was really a good chapter. Sad Ending. RIP Neji. You'll be missed.
Dec 19, 2012 2:09 AM
Jul 2011
Neji's death was a little weak imo, he deserve something a little bit more grand like the final page implied it was. I guess the anime adaption will fill that out better though. Anyways it was nice of him to throw the Hinata card in Naruto's face before peacing out.

Still sucks that Neji died, easily one of the better Naruto characters to watch even with his limited post-time jump screentime, but I guess this just confirms that shit getting real now.

Also within this chapter it was kind of funny watching Tobi put Madara in check and even doing that major diss in the end to Naruto. He's really feeling himself now.
Dec 19, 2012 2:31 AM

Nov 2011
I hope kishi isnt trolling us.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 19, 2012 2:37 AM

Dec 2011
well fuck.
Dec 19, 2012 4:54 AM

Oct 2010
wow, neji dead! that is a pretty bold thing for kishimoto, but no one as important to me as jiraiya has died, that was really sad, and if kakashi does die i will be mad, unless it is really good then i will just be a little sad
Dec 19, 2012 5:17 AM

Sep 2011
Iunno, the death didn't hit me too hard. Not that I didn't like Neji, just ... I mean, he hasn't really been around for a while.

Though of all the random side-characters, he's probably one of the most prominent. Props for letting Neji go instead of like ... Kiba or Shino, lol.
Dec 19, 2012 6:37 AM

Sep 2012
guys are always dying kishimoto needs 2 kill a female like ino

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2012 12:11 PM

May 2012
Neji D: RIP TT^TT

Naruto is getting more climaxed with each chapter :D and cause it seems like the end is near I hope it'll reach a great conclusion ^^
sometimes I just wonder why naruto manages to beat all the big-bosses when he needs protection from hina O__O you've got courage, hina =__= stay that way ^^
beep
Dec 19, 2012 12:30 PM
Apr 2012
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just give me a hammer, a tractor tire and a frozen bag of peas and watch me destroy the world...
Dec 19, 2012 1:52 PM

Mar 2012
Should of been Hinata. She better die.
Dec 19, 2012 1:54 PM

Jul 2009
Really, Neji, what a cop out...
A good character who; wasn't a main, love interest for a main, star of his team or star of his clan, someone who maybe had a grand total of 6 lines threwout the 13 year run of the series? Like Shikamaru's dad - there are loads of characters like these minor males about to pick off and seeing as this is war - what an easy option.
No suprise, shame and waste, but no suprise, anyone who matches the above discription is likely up next.

Dec 19, 2012 2:36 PM

Apr 2010
Neji is another victim of this war, will he be the last one? I don't know... but things are getting to a closure. Also, I remember that Tsunade was trying to help the other injured kage, maybe she is the next one to die.
Dec 19, 2012 3:15 PM
Dec 2012
OMG!!!!!! OOOOHHHHH SHIT BOOOY I CANT BELIEVE NEJINIS DEAD HE WAS MY FAVORITE CHARACTER IDK HOW THE SHOW WILL CONTINUE WITHOUT HIM :(
Dec 19, 2012 3:38 PM

Mar 2011
HOLY SHIT!
Dec 19, 2012 3:53 PM

Jul 2007
Can you guys imagine 3 chapters with 3 deaths, considering the anime usually adapts 3 chapters at a time, thats like 3 major deaths in one single episode lol. That would just be insane. That would leave me with a permanent scar.

Dec 19, 2012 6:19 PM

Jan 2009
Ugh, Kishimoto's going to perform another mass resurrection isn't he? The more characters he kills off, the more certain I am he'll do it. -_-
Dec 19, 2012 7:01 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Lol forgot Neji even existed in the first place.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 19, 2012 7:09 PM
Nov 2011
This chapter actually made me cry. But you know that now one of Narutos friend are dead that he will do something epic.
Dec 20, 2012 12:28 AM

May 2012
Come on man. I wanted somebody to die but why Neji? There were so many people I rather have been killed like Shino or Tenten for example. True he hasn't been around a lot but I play as him in the video games all the time.

When Shikamaru and Ino's dads died it didn't even phase me. I was sort of like "about time somebody gets killed." This one left me pretty sad though because it was so left field. Can't believe some of you are crying though(no offence)

Now let's just hope Kishi doesn't cheapen it all with another mass revival.
Dec 20, 2012 4:02 AM
Dec 2011
WHY?? I don't even read the manga and I have about 20 un watched episodes because I was waiting for them to build up, BUT someone went and told me this HUGE spoiler. Now I can't fricken believe it why Neji =[!! !Bahhh

I don't even know how or why he died. I am sad though =[ WOW huge shocker to me!! I think I have to go read just this chapter to see wtf happened

Want to talk more message me!

================================

I just had an odd feeling all the Hinata/naruto fans are going to get there way =[ DAMN IT!!! Everyone has their opinions so don't attack BUT I was a Sakura/Naruto fan. Neji really gave his all for Hinata, he used his last moments to "talk" Hinata up in a way or so it's how I see it (("Naruto, Hinata is willing to die for you")) but I don't actually read the manga I could be WRONG
ThisaccountdoneDec 20, 2012 5:42 AM
Dec 20, 2012 4:04 AM
Dec 2011
gettogaara said:
Come on man. I wanted somebody to die but why Neji? There were so many people I rather have been killed like Shino or Tenten for example. True he hasn't been around a lot but I play as him in the video games all the time.

When Shikamaru and Ino's dads died it didn't even phase me. I was sort of like "about time somebody gets killed." This one left me pretty sad though because it was so left field. Can't believe some of you are crying though(no offence)

WTF Shikamaru and Inos dad died too?? I need to read the manga but i don't want too =[!!
Dec 20, 2012 7:06 AM

Nov 2011
this show started getting serious now, most likely we will see many deaths in the next chapters.. And Naruto get the reason to serious ( read "rage" ) now,
RIP for Neji ... :'(
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Dec 20, 2012 11:04 AM

Feb 2009
Cookie- said:
Sakura won't die. She's like the next Tsunade, i mean She is the second best healer in Naruto Universe (the first one is Shizune - since we all know that tsunade is going to die soon or later) and it has to be a fight like Jiraya-Orochimaru-Tsunade one. Maybe She's useless right now, but i hope Kishi will give Her a good fight or something. And Her story with Sasuke is not finished too (even if it's super annoying - we must deal with that).

Yes. This.

I need a good neo-Sannin battle.
eeeeee
Dec 20, 2012 11:53 AM

Dec 2012
Wow.. another sad death. Though I like the fact that he keeps the manga realistic. People die in war.

Do all the awesome people in Naruto die smiling?

That's petty cool though :P
Dec 20, 2012 12:08 PM

Sep 2012
*sigh* about time a well known/loved character died.
Pretty nice chapter.
Dec 20, 2012 2:47 PM

Jun 2012
Sinnamon said:
gettogaara said:

WTF Shikamaru and Inos dad died too?? I need to read the manga but i don't want too =[!!

If you dont want to read why are you looking up spoilers? xD

EDIT: oh my bad, didnt see that someone spoiled you :) you should try out reading unless you have before. i didnt want to at first but when i started it was so much better, the pacing is a lot better ofc and no fillers which is nice :)

Of course im going to watch certain scenes from the anime though, the animated colour is nice for specific parts but all in all i prefer to read purely because of pacing and it being further ahead :P
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 1 Discussion

Renton126 - Aug 31, 2009

25 by Rezende1990 »»
May 20, 2:36 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 649 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blaine - Oct 2, 2013

74 by actuallytom »»
Mar 29, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 97 Discussion

jeanfarias - Aug 7, 2012

5 by removed-user »»
Mar 13, 6:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.