Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 18, 2012 5:25 PM
Nov 2011
My guess on Mr Maverick is he can only affect one individual at a time If Kotetsu had been there with him, different ball game.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Aug 29, 2012 5:02 AM

Jun 2012
Uriel1988 said:
Was anyone else a little baffled by how easily Maverick confessed to the whole thing? It basically went like this:

Barnaby: You killed my parents!
Maverick: No, I didn't.
Barnaby: Yes, you did!
Maverick: Okay, you got me.

Haha lol If u say it like that its kinda funny

Maveric u bastard! didnt anyone tell it isnt nice to mess with other peoples memory ????
"For every confession that is made, there is someone that is dumped" -Harima Kenji
Sep 27, 2012 12:26 PM

Mar 2012
I had a feeling Maverick was behind the murder of Barnaby's parents and altered his memory somehow. Now you have to feel he would try to go after Kotetsu since he was with Barnaby at the hospital.
Jul 3, 2013 6:43 PM

Jul 2009
man why can't Kotetsu trust Barnaby fully?

come on you've been together for awhile now, it's better to stick together all the way in the end.

i knew it was some sort of memory manipulation.

and wow i freaking knew it was Maverick, since he keep appearing in all pictures.

i really doubt he was THAT close compared to his parents or aunt samantha.

Maverick killing Barnaby's parents reminds me of how Solidus killed Raiden's parents when it was revealed in MGS2.

he wanted to show if there is someone that created them, just as Maverick killed them to see if Barnaby had the potential to become a hero.

it's up to you Kotetsu to save Barnaby!!

just as the series is getting excellent, there's only 5 episodes left T____T
Jul 6, 2013 5:11 AM

Apr 2010
Oh god- this episode had alot of Barnaby collapsing- I can't help myself but think it's rather cute...Kotetsu and Barnaby-

And that slap got me sighing all the way.

I wish Kotetsu can save Barnaby from Mervick's evil clutches! I always thought the whole story was abit messed up, ever since Barnaby said how Mervick took care of him and all....He didn't seem sincere.

I kinda hate how this series doesn't have enough mystery and things are abit obvious- but I still love it anyway.

And I expect to watch it till the end!
Jul 9, 2013 12:26 AM
Dec 2012
Idk how to do quotes but:

"DarthObsidian said:

Maverick drugged his tea. The pen he had in his pocket before he poured the tea was gone after he poured it, and there was a brief shot of the pen next to the teapot leaking a liquid. I'm guessing the effects of the drug combined with his confused state kept Barnaby from doing anything.

Ah! I just attributed it to Barnaby being in a severe state of shock, but this makes a lot more sense!
Read more at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=313597&show=20#wcDUJtoaUL38stAb.99"

Nonono you guys! He used his powers to get away from Kotetsu, remember? And since he and Kotetsu have the same powers, that means Bunny can't reuse his powers until one hour has passed, and I'm pretty sure Bunny escaping to Maverick and their talk wasn't one hour
Jul 19, 2013 10:48 PM
Apr 2011
AHHHHHHH It was the old guy!!!!
i feel bad for Bunny, he was his second dad :'(
Mar 29, 2014 6:08 PM

Mar 2009
Poor Kotetsu, he means well, but it seems like he's always in between a rock and a hard place.
I KNEW IT WAS MAVERICK! Never trust anyone with a mole on his forehead!
Jun 20, 2014 1:53 PM

Sep 2013
Curse you evil Maverick >:( why dd you have to kill Bunny's parents .
and he's got a really dangerous NEXT ability too. it looks Like Tiger is going to have to save the day.
Aug 3, 2014 4:32 PM

May 2012
Oh snap that sure is some amazing story and character development! I really wonder what's next, let's hope he'll be okay!
Aug 12, 2014 3:14 PM

Apr 2013
This was cheap.

As stated, this mind tinkering ability is obviously rushed without thought just to simply create a so-called surprise as Maverick could easily tinker with parents' minds. This episode kinda ruined the entire show. I get where Maverick is coming from as he isn't the only example to do such a thing but this shouldn't've been in this show. We never really got a picture of how Next's were discriminated, the show was the opposite of that. While it's obvious that Maverick is the one to change that with Heroes Channel, you can't simply add elements to a story that weren't there before and expect it to work. If you were going this route, you should've showed how Next's were treated a long before these signs.
Open to chat about any storytelling related subject as long as it's clever and respectful.
Myanimelist
Mar 4, 2015 12:28 AM

Nov 2013
While this episode was really predictable, it was still pretty damn epic.

I was almost 100% sure throughout the whole episode that Maverick was the one who did I was just trying to figure out how he murdered them. I took me awhile to realize that Maverick was a NEXT that could rewrite memories.

So Maverick worked for Ouroboros by supplying them with weapons to increase Hero TV's viewership. That evil bastard...

That piano track always gets me. Definitely gonna download that song cause it's epic as fuck.

One thing that pissed me off this episode was why did Barnaby just sit there and let Maverick subdue him? Pretty dumb on his part.

EDIT: Turns out Barnaby was drugged. They made it so subtle that I didn't even notice.

EDIT 2: The camera panned over to the tea and the pen containing the drugs. I just glanced over it. Silly me.

Other then that, awesome episode.

9/10
FunnyRatmanMar 4, 2015 12:35 AM

Apr 12, 2015 3:51 PM

Sep 2013
They were clearly building this in the past episodes.

Still, really good.

Now I'm afraid of this old guy lol.
Dec 14, 2015 10:59 AM
Jun 2013
I KNEW HE WAS THE VILLAIN!
Jun 3, 2016 12:32 AM

Jul 2013
Well the guy sure did spill the beans easily. Maybe bit too comic booky episode but doesn't really matter.
Dec 27, 2017 5:28 AM

Dec 2010
At least Barnaby's not a robot. Anyway, if anything obvious was proven, it was that the crimes were set-up. It does seem like Lunatic has a point in the end.
Apr 19, 2018 1:20 PM

Jan 2018
Well dang I suspected it was Maverick but I didn't think he had that kind of ability, or any NEXT ability for that matter lol. I'm so excited to see how this plays out.
Oct 26, 2018 4:07 PM
Aug 2012
Well slap my cheek and call me cheesy but I honestly didn't want it to be him! haha, wow wow. It was to my surprise that he was a NEXT and with that kind of power, he could do anything, but I think the further we get into this those memories will come up again, being triggered by something, hopefully. If Bunny didn't punch his old lights out in the next episode ahah.
Jul 3, 2020 5:28 AM

May 2018
It was obvious that Maverick was behind this ever since ~10 episodes ago. The exact same plot twist happens in almost every show like this I watch! the CEO is always evil lol.
Nov 11, 2021 6:10 PM

Mar 2021
It's quite hard to get a huge emotional reaction out of me watching anime, but inside, I could feel the doom that they were going for with the ending. I hope that by some miracle, Maverick's NEXT doesn't work this time and Bunny can proceed as normal, but if anything, he probably plants the Jake memory once again.
"Molly Ringwald" out right now - check my Linktree!

Jan 29, 2022 7:14 PM

Feb 2017
wow what tf i only starting suspecting maverick this episode so im really shocked that he actually ended up being the killer???????????? maybe i wasnt paying enough attention these past 18 episodes but this was so shocking to me

kind of annoying that bunny went back to that whole "so you dont trust me then" thing w kotetsu

placeholder text
Jan 19, 2023 10:55 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
all the truth under the fathers Barnaby crimes was revelad!!! kekeke
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tiger & Bunny Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Monochrome - Apr 2, 2011

147 by DanEndra_Tensei »»
Dec 17, 2023 5:27 AM

Poll: » Tiger & Bunny Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Paiguy - Jun 18, 2011

93 by Destroyer31 »»
Sep 4, 2023 8:36 PM

Poll: » Tiger & Bunny Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Torisunanohokori - Apr 23, 2011

87 by CheriCake »»
Feb 3, 2023 2:07 PM

Poll: » Tiger & Bunny Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Sep 17, 2011

213 by Ranxomare »»
Feb 2, 2023 1:17 AM

Poll: » Tiger & Bunny Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 10, 2011

154 by Ranxomare »»
Feb 2, 2023 12:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.