Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
WIND BREAKER
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 25, 9:47 AM
Feb 2021
This is the kind of treatment I want to see from gang/action/fighting anime. I havent seen a fight scene this well choreographed since the best episodes of Jujutsu Kaisen.
May 25, 10:04 AM
Jul 2017
I've thought to drop this, but the 2nd half piqued interest. I hope there's no more episodes where ~75% of the episode is just fillers?
May 25, 11:09 AM
Apr 2023
aww touching moment :)
May 25, 1:07 PM
Jun 2021
Best Fight scene ever
May 25, 2:07 PM

May 2023
insane episode with good animation once again. such a good show
May 25, 5:38 PM
Mar 2019
A win is a win, Sakura. Just take it and grow stronger. Excited to see Ume kick some delinquent bu@@.
May 25, 7:49 PM

Jan 2017
What a beautiful episode and fight (Sakura vs Togame) that was. Made me tear up. Now I'm really sure that Togame is one of my favorites in this anime. Though I don't get the hype and comparison of Gojo Satoru to Umemiya (not a fan of Gojo) but I am quite elated to see him fight seriously and put Choji in his proper place. He's a true embodiment of a gang leader, at least that's what my guts tell me, and I can't wait to see the next episode! 🖤
May 25, 7:55 PM
May 2023
Very good episode, I love the choreography with very good animation and music.
There Togame and Sakura giving it their all... Excellent, it seems that in the end Togame ended up regretting the path he took (stopping being true to himself)
Sakura actually "understood the conversation" with Togame and at the same time she didn't, she received the message but doesn't understand it.
It was pretty obvious that Choji was going to beat him up and his obsession with finding/maintaining his freedom and entertaining himself is interesting, will he change or will he stay that way until the end? I'll see
The fight between leaders started very well, I already want to see the next episode
May 25, 11:52 PM

Jun 2009
Loving this anime. This kind of pure shounen anime energy + delinquent drama is what I'm here for. Speeches, backstories, impossible athletics. EMOTIONS. Really fun anime and it's fun to root for characters. Genuinely wasn't expecting Togame's story to hit so hard. I really thought he would just be a fun, snarky asshole, but they completely shifted my impression and feelings about the character in an ep and a half.

Really on the fence about comparisons to Tokyo Revengers. I guess it's impossible not to compare since they release so closely. I think people need to remember Tokyo Revengers was critically (and reader) acclaimed for a LONG time. I think the last arc, and the shoddy adaptation, have turned public opinion on Tokyo Revengers. But the actual meat and bones of Tokyo Revengers overall is still a bit stronger than Wind Breaker.

Wind Breaker = much better presented anime, it's a sleek and likeable adaptation
Tokyo Revengers = more depth in character and narrative intrigue for MOST of the manga
May 26, 1:59 AM
Sep 2021
The battle was really good between Togame & Sakura, but the amazing fight between the team leaders has just begun.
May 26, 3:41 PM
May 2017
I want Umemiya to destroy that freak
May 26, 9:11 PM
Feb 2024
Wind Breaker is everything Tokyo Revengers wishes it could be. It has a relatable main character in Haruka Sakura, who can actually hold his own in a fight. A supporting cast of characters that are likeable and interesting. An original immersive story that feels like a breath of fresh air. Great balance of action, comedy, and drama. Terrific animation mixed with impressive well choreographed fight scenes. Wind Breaker checks all the boxes for what makes an amazing anime series. This show is primed to be a big hit (⁠ ⁠◜⁠‿⁠◝⁠ ⁠)⁠♡
May 26, 11:53 PM
Feb 2015
The show is on, this is what i'm talking about!
May 27, 5:09 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to SoulReaper01_
insane episode with good animation once again. such a good show
@SoulReaper01_

It has been a very cool ride so far.
May 27, 9:24 AM
May 2023
Togame character got a good development but I find the reasons behind the change of mind of Choji extremely weak. Sakura was fine. Hyped on Umemiya fight.
May 27, 9:58 AM

Jul 2021
bruh its ed has been stuck in my head for the past week. just when i thought it was no more i ended up listening to the ed again.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

May 28, 5:32 AM
Nov 2023
It made a statement with this ep, the sheer amt of work and effort in the fights were amazing, I loved every bit of it
May 28, 10:48 AM

Aug 2023
Good episode I liked Togame's development and I like that Sakura didn't win the fight by beating him properly and Togame threw in the towel because I can't imagine Sakura actually winning that fight properly. I hope Sakura has some development though I like his Tsundere moments but he does nothing but shout and pick fights.
You know the British Empire was pretty cool, we definitely peaked with it.
May 28, 1:51 PM
May 2024
Do you have an idea about the song from minute 18:00?
May 28, 2:27 PM
Oct 2019
Reply to fragariamemories
Man this shit is so corny. What an overhyped anime… and people were saying this is better than Tokyo revengers. The only thing better is the animation lol it has no story or decent characters
@akixangel I tend to agree, and surely no way this is anywhere near Tokyo Revengers. Still a pleasant show to watch, though.
May 28, 4:24 PM

Aug 2022
This show is absolutely dabbing on Tokyo Revengers, quit clowning.
May 28, 4:56 PM
Jul 2016
I really felt sorry for Togame, who did everything he could to satisfy his friend's madness. Apart from that, the battle was truly epic and filled with emotional intensity.
May 28, 9:05 PM
Sep 2022
I wish this show had anything other than fighting choreography

They kinda just flip around punching each other then say some shounen "I need to get stronger" bs. The creator doesnt understand fight damage or broken bones or anything
May 28, 9:44 PM
Jan 2024
I'm loving Togame and his development. did not expect it.
also hoping Umemiya crushes Choji's pride
May 29, 1:34 PM

May 2020
What that guy was unable to comprehend for the last, god knows how much time, did in a matter of few minutes while fighting our main guy.. "cOnvERsiNg thRoUgH fIsTs" after all.

Anyway, this small guy, who looks like he's in need of a psychiatrist does really also need a good beating. I'm sure he'd as well as I mean I'm tired hearing their ideals or whatever. So just conclude this.
May 29, 6:31 PM

Nov 2011
Ofc Gojo never looses
May 30, 9:27 AM

Nov 2016
Yes Ume, beat him to a pulp.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 31, 6:44 AM

Oct 2008
oh man! Ume is really totally on a whole different level! and i think he's not even serious! he just blocking all the attacks! an intelligent way of fighting in which you conserve all your stamina! i wonder how long that brat would stand-up against Gojou's voice! LOLZ!
5/5.

May 31, 6:36 PM

Jul 2021
Lucky to have waited and binged the first 4 fights back-to-back.

Just a ridiculously entertaining show, really glad I came back to this one.

I see some complaints about how corny it is, but it's so sincere and so beautifully drawn that I'm just pulled in. I only realized this when I found myself all choked up during the final Sakura-Togame cross-counter and viscerally angry when Chouji kicked Togame.
Jun 1, 4:57 AM
Apr 2024
Müthiş inanılmaz derecede süper
Jun 5, 12:28 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Great fight between Togame and Sakura and ended with a cool reflexion!!!
It´s time to the final fight!!
kekeke
Jun 5, 1:11 PM
Mar 2024
Umemiya Vs Tomiyama!
Jun 5, 8:08 PM
Jul 2020
Sorry this anime has got me simping over two characters.
Jun 6, 7:09 PM
Jan 2021
A battle of ideals, not something I’d expect from a series with such a simple premise. It packs in a lot of emotional in a very natural way, and as time passes, Haruka Sakura grows as an individual. I think this series took some inspiration from the emotional fights of Naruto and Naruto Shippuden, mostly the Naruto vs. Sasuke fights. That along with the animation of the fights being on point (again, it looks like it got inspiration from Naruto and Naruto Shippuden).

I didn’t expect Haruka of all people to become the sentimental one and express his personality against Jo, nor did I expect the two of them to better understand one another and build a bond through their fists.

After their fight, Haruka really showed what he’s about. He doesn’t understand what it’s like to respect your opponent, hence why he almost clocked Choji. Hajime had to stop him, because it’s not his time. Hajime is showing what he’s like when he’s serious. Damn this is getting good.

Choji so far is just a scumbag, and I hope that Hajime humbles him.

As for Haruka, him admitting in his own way that Jo and Choji would beat him says a lot about him. I hope he finds some grand master to show him the ropes.

I’m so hyped to see this continue!
Jun 6, 7:11 PM
Jan 2021
Reply to kirax1337
@kirax1337 Who are you referring to?
Jun 6, 7:12 PM
Jan 2021
Reply to Softhenic03
What that guy was unable to comprehend for the last, god knows how much time, did in a matter of few minutes while fighting our main guy.. "cOnvERsiNg thRoUgH fIsTs" after all.

Anyway, this small guy, who looks like he's in need of a psychiatrist does really also need a good beating. I'm sure he'd as well as I mean I'm tired hearing their ideals or whatever. So just conclude this.
@Softhenic03 Bro you must not be able to understand the nuisances of combat like this. This is no longer about the cool fighting animation, but about the characters and the story within it. This has a deeper meaning, like Naruto and Sasuke's fights throughout Naruto and Naruto Shippuden.
Jun 6, 7:14 PM
Jan 2021
Reply to Chufal
I wish this show had anything other than fighting choreography

They kinda just flip around punching each other then say some shounen "I need to get stronger" bs. The creator doesnt understand fight damage or broken bones or anything
@Chufal Nah. Fight choreography isn't the only thing. The story within the fighting is reminiscent of Naruto and Naruto Shippuden without ripping it off. These guys are talking through their fists and discovering more about themselves and their opponents. It's so elegant in its execution.
Jun 6, 7:15 PM
Jan 2021
Reply to marlin_772
Wind Breaker is everything Tokyo Revengers wishes it could be. It has a relatable main character in Haruka Sakura, who can actually hold his own in a fight. A supporting cast of characters that are likeable and interesting. An original immersive story that feels like a breath of fresh air. Great balance of action, comedy, and drama. Terrific animation mixed with impressive well choreographed fight scenes. Wind Breaker checks all the boxes for what makes an amazing anime series. This show is primed to be a big hit (⁠ ⁠◜⁠‿⁠◝⁠ ⁠)⁠♡
@marlin_772 I agree that Wind Breaker is amazing, but to say that Tokyo Revengers isn't is completely false. Takemichi is extremely relatable because a lot of people in life are bound by their fears, and they slowly work to overcome them.
Jun 6, 11:09 PM
Feb 2024
KingBaller06 said:
@marlin_772 I agree that Wind Breaker is amazing, but to say that Tokyo Revengers isn't is completely false. Takemichi is extremely relatable because a lot of people in life are bound by their fears, and they slowly work to overcome them.

I didn't say he is not cool he is cool but Wind Breaker is better
Jun 7, 12:19 AM

May 2015
Looks like all of Togame's covering for Choji's lack of interest in his followers just went down the drain. I hope Umemiya's fists can get through to this meathead!

Also, Sakura might be the first protagonist I've seen upset that their talk no jutsu worked.
Jun 7, 12:40 AM
Jan 2021
Reply to marlin_772
KingBaller06 said:

I didn't say he is not cool he is cool but Wind Breaker is better
@marlin_772 Fair enough.
Jun 8, 9:07 AM
Jun 2023
HOLY SHIT
that was tense--
I was holding my breath in through so many of the scenes

AND AT THE END???? UMEMIYA???? ITS A WHOLE NEW SIDE OF HIM - REALLY SHOWS HOW HES THE BEST IN FURIN
Jun 8, 7:26 PM

Jan 2022
Togame went down the wrong path and ultimately regrets it. It only did it to keep Choji happy, but at what cost? His sanity.

I shouldn't feel bad about Togame, but man he had it rough. He had to change himself so Choji could continue to be a childish piece of shit. The fight between Togame and Sakura was honestly beautiful. I really loved the conversation they had. I think Togame grew from that. And the blatant disrespect from Choji, when he kicked Togame, was really telling. He changed for you and that's how you treat him?

I think Ume is pretty pissed off by what Choji said in regards to the conversation between Togame and Sakura.

On CR, Ume said "I won't lose" not "I'll win"

The people calling this cringe or boring are the cringe ones /: like how do you not see how good this anime is? The way they show people's backgrounds or backstories is truly beautiful and just incredible writing. I'm sure most of them are trolls, but its like, what's the point of being so negative? Just don't watch it if you hate it that much. It takes so much more energy to hate something but watch it anyways.
This never updates so that's cool
Jun 8, 7:29 PM

Jan 2022
Reply to kirax1337
@kirax1337 for me its like 4 😭😭
This never updates so that's cool
Jun 14, 2:58 PM

Nov 2019
Yet another mid way to end a fight. togame v sakura had good fight choreography at least. Now time for boss ume v boss chouji. honestly chouji’s happy and random laughing is starting to get annoying. Reminds me of those tiktok kids and their phonk.
Jun 14, 10:45 PM

Jul 2017
Sakura and Togame's fight definitely shows how different both Bofurin and Shishitoren are run, especially for the latter who'd at least hoped a change in his own group, only to realize that Choji has knocked the conscious out of him. Still, there's no turning back for Togame, as he decides to take Choji's word together and do all the wrong stuff together, hoping that one day, the leader would realize the change he wants to make. Togame finally waking up to give Sakura his long-awaited fun of a fight that he wants so badly, and the conclusion of that is a love between two people, of regrets and moving forward, therefore the former losing on purpose.

In an alternate world, both Sakura and Togame would be best friends, but now it's time for the leaders to step up: Umemiya vs. Choji. The latter dissing his own people being weak, alongside his dominion of Bofurin, he's facing a real threat, the youngest leader of Shishitoren.

This fight will not go down coolly...
Jun 22, 12:58 PM
May 2022
me love action :)
meow
Jun 23, 6:40 PM

Sep 2014
Now, this is the kind of opponent background characterization I was eagering to see since episode 5. Togame vs Sakura was tremendous.
They're all really smart characters and I am LOVING to see how attentive they are to their own capabilities and how fast they come up with the realization of what they need to improve in theirselves after facing someone.
Dunno. Dunno.
Jun 24, 12:24 AM

Feb 2019
That boy really has no morals or pride or anything. He whines about being bored & wanting to take Umemiya & Furin coz he thought it'll be the same once he takes over it, what an idiot. And I feel Sakura's rage at wanting to pummel that jerk'a face, but that won't teach him anything so it's best that Ume-chan beats him.
Jun 25, 9:48 PM
Feb 2024
Conveying your thoughts and feelings through a conversation, which is a fight, is frikin unbelievable. The writer conveyed his messaged indiscreetly but clear enough for us to understand. 10/10 anime, sheesh.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20

90 by smoodflamez »»
Yesterday, 7:47 PM

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 30

150 by Celestial-Honami »»
Sep 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 4

247 by NovaMagic »»
Sep 13, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 27

156 by theblur »»
Sep 7, 8:52 PM

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 13

78 by Ashhk »»
Aug 31, 12:45 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.