Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
May 4, 9:15 PM
Aug 2018
If there's a Kaijuu that can turn human, it's likely that the bug that entered Kafka is a parasite that will eventually take over.
People with low average anime scores don't have high standards. They are just bad at choosing good anime to watch.
May 4, 9:18 PM

Jan 2024
Reply to Kimurah
Yeah, I'm done with this show. Gave it a fair chance.

It's so terribly cliched in all of it's directing choices. Cringe shonen humor, terribly placed moments to play the "heh heh funny shit", mandatory flashbacks before an almost death moment, ridiculously stretched out clutch moments (that kaiju holding his monster beam until MC-kun shows up) adults are idiots and suck rising their kids, lazy mustache twirling villians.
@Kimurah Can you imagine how much more cringe it would be if all the side characters looked like they are in the manga? At least we have to give props to the art team toning down the MC looks!
May 4, 9:37 PM
Dec 2014
best anime in spring 10/10
May 4, 9:50 PM
Oct 2019
Of course Shinomiya got that Daddy Issue, that Asian Parent isn't it? lol

Just like JJK, there is that fcking dimming again. what a bummer, i know it's part of the broadcast regulation bullshit.

Wait, a Kaiju that can transform into Human?
Hmmm.. where do i have seen this before?
It's Attack on Titan all over again LMAO
May 4, 10:35 PM
John Titor

Jul 2017
This has been the episode I've liked the most so far.

With Kafka going full kaiju and Shinomiya accepting all the credit for herself, she fulfills her promise of not telling anyone about Kafka's identity. That last part was nice.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
May 4, 10:58 PM

Jan 2017
"Chasing your dreams means there's always someone out there who's beating you at the thing you care about most. But it's also so exciting that you don't really care." - Kafka

Peak. Adorable and awesome main character. Hilarious duo. Monsters transforming into humans. What more can you ask for? Probably the best anime this season
May 4, 11:57 PM
Oct 2023
Reply to eWEQRW123123
If there's a Kaijuu that can turn human, it's likely that the bug that entered Kafka is a parasite that will eventually take over.
@eWEQRW123123 There's a few holes in your reasoning, being that the military are using Kaijuu tech, the shapeshifter transforming into a human and not the other way around. The "parasite" was also looking for Kafka for whatever reason it seemed. Still, you could end up being right. :)
May 5, 12:35 AM

Feb 2019
well, tough rich girl got humbled real quick, but at least she kept kafka's secret since he saved her life
May 5, 12:54 AM
Jan 2022
That was another cool episode!
I love this anime.
May 5, 1:54 AM
Feb 2022
Favorite episode so far that was awesome I’m definitely completely invested now
May 5, 2:05 AM

Aug 2013
They might wanna check some sattelite image for that. Seems unlikely that none captured that.

At least he's safe for now.

Antagonist human-kaiju showing up. Which might be more kaiju than human unlike the case with Kafka.
May 5, 2:44 AM

Dec 2022
Man Kikoru really got humbled quick, but hey the episode was 🔥
May 5, 2:45 AM

Jun 2014
Even with the sympathy play, I still want to see her get her ass repeatedly handed to her.
May 5, 2:46 AM

Feb 2018
Ruh roh, sussy reverse kaiju imposter lol.

Never ending plan to watch list...

May 5, 3:38 AM

Jan 2011
Reply to Kimurah
MasterHavik said:
I mean he is still an adult. We can't act like adults like that don't exist.

Just because loud adults that never grew up exist, it isn't a good excuse to pick them as your main spokeman, specially if the main complain by a lot of people (not saying everyone) in this kind of setting is because the main characters are teens. It completely defeats the purpose of having an adult main character in an oversaturated market with loud teen protagonists.

MasterHavik said:
I can't be the only one that started laughing after he killed that monster and was legit freaking out if it got up again.

I really don't see where you're going with this reasoning. Likewise a lot of people were also appalled.

MasterHavik said:
In short, I feel he is doing it because he is a good nature individual not because of friendship or dumb shit.

Again, I miss the point in your statement. There really is no difference between doing good deeds because he's a good natured individual or because he's just doing it for friendship or any other selfless reason. I fail to see how that's relevant to him being a loud 32 year old teen.

@Kimurah I'm always down to explain.

Okay and? I mean.....I don't agree with that. Dude has had it rough so him acting like this is how he deals with things. You can't expect someone to be moody all the time when they are legit cleaning up Monster waste for god knows how long. I also feel you and others ignore how much of an underdog this guy is and how the show frames him as someone you want to root for.

I brought that up to show that his loud and brash personality at times works extremely well as this is an action comedy after all not some grim dark edgy show.

There is a BIG DIFFERENCE. He isn't doing this because of friends he is doing this because he really wants to help the world and care. It's relevant because what makes him different from your standard teenager is that he has lived experience and clearly define goals. What else do you need from me? I like the show but do feel the criticism towards our MC is a little odd as it ignores aspects of his character like what I just mentioned.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
May 5, 4:17 AM
Sep 2021
Good fight animation & sequence, excited for more.
May 5, 4:34 AM

Aug 2008
Considering it's made by I.G and Khara, fights are really underwhelming. I remember that beginning of the manga was pretty exciting before it settled into very standard and dragged out plot but I don't feel anything from the anime. Characters in this series are extremely one dimensional, so it's all about the spectacle, like OPM. Sadly, look like we got OPM season 2 instead of season 1 with this.
Ii tenki desu ne...
May 5, 4:57 AM

Jul 2014
Holy they absolutely cooked with that fight scene and the voice acting was so good 🔥

Best ep so far , I liked it
May 5, 5:30 AM

Jun 2016
holy fuck this is so awesome !!
May 5, 5:35 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to eWEQRW123123
@eWEQRW123123

Potentially.

There has been zero clues yet given about why the bug did it so will be interestng to see how it devlops.
May 5, 5:40 AM

May 2021
Finally seeing the villain being introduced. Kikoro with that pretty generic tough dad background and Kafka being this funny in tense situations. Idk how to feel about that.
May 5, 5:48 AM

May 2015
I was wrong to spit on Kikoru, she's actually pretty nice.
May 5, 5:56 AM

Jan 2012
I cant be the only one that celebrated that bitch getting humbled.
May 5, 5:59 AM
Jan 2023
geeehzrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
May 5, 6:05 AM

May 2015
ONE PUUUUUUUUNCH!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 5, 6:43 AM
Dec 2016
very super nice :)
May 5, 7:03 AM
Jun 2023
Ain’t no one talking about it, but Kafka did the Luffy Gear 2 pose from One Piece in this episode
May 5, 7:18 AM
Mar 2019
The episode was a bit contrived, but Kafka got revealed...just not to everyone. It's the perfect mix of action without being overly serious. The anime's storytelling reflects on Kafka's personality. Excellent.
May 5, 7:21 AM
Mar 2018
The fake-out at the beginning was to be expected; no way the final stage of the exam was gonna be over so quick and without a chance for Kafka to prove his worth. x)

I like that we got to see some of Shinomiya's past; it's nothing new, but it's something. Hopefully she can keep a secret!

Finally, Mina and Kafka cross paths again! It wasn't much, but I did feel some kind of spark.
May 5, 7:25 AM
Apr 2024
amf85 said:
Not bad, but disappointed that they decided to go with him using his powers to protect others (the generic trope path predicted last week) instead of the more interesting path where he continues to hide his powers and the test goes badly. That would have led to a far darker, more unique plot.

Still, as a generic, goofy, light anime, this wasn't bad.

Same as gurren, generic and goofy
May 5, 7:31 AM
Jan 2023
Very good! I didn't expect Kafka to reveal his identity to Kikoru. Kafka even really has an unreasonable strength, I forgot, the score if I'm not mistaken is above 9.

I thought that Kafka's identity would also be discovered by Mina but apparently not.
May 5, 8:24 AM
Oct 2023
absolute banger of an episode
May 5, 8:36 AM

Jul 2015
Very faithful adaptation to the chapters.
So this is the voice they're going through with for the new talking Kaiju... Oh boy

The soundtrack was once again VERY epic
May 5, 9:33 AM
Dec 2020
the dimming really screws up the fights
May 5, 9:36 AM

Oct 2008
absolutely exhilarating episode! nuff' said! ONE KAIJUU PUNCH MAN vibes!!!
5/5.

May 5, 10:08 AM
Dec 2013
It was satisfying to see Shinomiya suffer in this episode.

It's kind of underwhelming and a bit disappointing seeing Kafka take out other Kaijuus with one punch like he's Saitama, but this is early days, so I'm hoping that future episodes have actual fight scenes and Kafka struggling. The highlight of the episode is seeing an actual villain get introduced.
wildhoodMay 5, 10:22 AM
May 5, 10:34 AM
Feb 2021
ONE-PUNCH KAIJU?! and I freaking called it!
We finally have an unknown antagonist but I would never have guessed it to be an actual Kaiju disguised as a human, so it’s the exact opposite of Kafka being a Kaiju too. As much as I really am not a big fan of character back stories. I’m glad that Kikoru was told in a way that she had to be perfect like her father which explains why she is the way she is of course.
Hard to actually tell what Mina is thinking, but I’m sure once Kafka reaches up near the same level as her, then I’m sure they can get to a common ground. I appreciate Reno for looking out for Kafka as well, since he is well aware of his secret and if word got out, the entire force would try to kill him on site. But hopefully that’ll change, depending how the anime goes from here, but overall it’s a pretty good show so far.
May 5, 10:46 AM
Dec 2009
Solid episode. Things are getting interesting with another Kaijuu. Can’t wait to see Kafka utilize his new powers even more.
May 5, 11:24 AM

Jun 2020
Fortitude 9.8?! Now Kafka has revealed his Kaiju form. Awesome, this anime is sailing so good! Awesome! Way to go!!
May 5, 2:11 PM
Jan 2017
Kafka's wacky misadventures continue as he lets in another person into his secret: Kikoru. Conisdering that she came off as a bit too pretentious and borderline unlikeable in the previous episode, it was nice watching her learn some humility, even if it was the hard way.

That fight scene was awesome, but the best part of the episode has to be the sense of uneasiness and dread building up, not just from the pressure of Kafka keeping his secret, but also from a kaiju hiding among humans.
May 5, 5:06 PM
Feb 2015
What i was expected was Kafka will save Shinomiya but that intelligent kaiju that can transform into human is not on my bingo card. Will Kafka and ichikawa pass the exam, it kinda pity if they don't but oh well...
jumbosanMay 5, 5:11 PM
May 5, 10:38 PM
Jan 2024
it was intense and funny at the same time. Better than the last episode though the story hasn't proceeded much further.
May 6, 12:45 AM
Mar 2020
Reply to Kimurah
MasterHavik said:
I mean he is still an adult. We can't act like adults like that don't exist.

Just because loud adults that never grew up exist, it isn't a good excuse to pick them as your main spokeman, specially if the main complain by a lot of people (not saying everyone) in this kind of setting is because the main characters are teens. It completely defeats the purpose of having an adult main character in an oversaturated market with loud teen protagonists.

MasterHavik said:
I can't be the only one that started laughing after he killed that monster and was legit freaking out if it got up again.

I really don't see where you're going with this reasoning. Likewise a lot of people were also appalled.

MasterHavik said:
In short, I feel he is doing it because he is a good nature individual not because of friendship or dumb shit.

Again, I miss the point in your statement. There really is no difference between doing good deeds because he's a good natured individual or because he's just doing it for friendship or any other selfless reason. I fail to see how that's relevant to him being a loud 32 year old teen.

@Kimurah Hey, I like my mature protagonists every once in a while, but there's nothing wrong with having a good-natured main character that's still a "child at heart". When done right, that can be a very endearing trait. I'll admit, the tonal shifts can be a bit much in some places, a similar problem that the MCU still suffers from following the first GoTG film, but so far it hasn't ruined my overall enjoyment.

That said, man, your responses to these other comments make you come across as a total killjoy. Would it kill you to lighten up a little? It's never that serious.
May 6, 12:56 AM

Aug 2019
Hold up! I have so many questions after this episode.

Does that mean that Kafka is currently the most powerful Kaiju??? If it is then that's insane.

The last scene confirmed that Kaijus are also capable of transforming into humans. I'm refraining from reading the manga so I'm excited to see more of this show.
Sun_ChanMay 6, 1:01 AM
May 6, 1:19 AM
Dec 2022
Kafka is rated at Fortitude 9.8 - making him the strongest Kaiju yet. Wonder if he can be a giant size as well.
May 6, 2:34 AM
Nov 2018
It was a insane episode, the end that there was another Kaiju who can talk is just insane. I am excited which way it will continue
May 6, 5:21 AM

Jan 2014
The bgm when he kills that kaiju is fire.

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | 𝓵𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝓰𝓪𝓰𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰

May 6, 6:36 AM
Jun 2019
was pretty dope. cool blonde bih found out about human kyjew powa
May 6, 7:14 AM
Jun 2015
Hype episode!

An unknown, intelligent talking Kaiju comes out of nowhere to manipulate the dead Kaiju. He really tried to murder Shinomiya but her body shield protects her. I thought she was done for!

Our MC comes in to save the day! Let’s go!! Now Shinomiya can put some respect on her name! At least she can get the recognition to killing the monster.

That ending though…another human that can turn into the Kaiju…and he works at Kafka’s job! This will make for an interesting future when they meet
May 6, 8:14 AM
Mar 2017
I consider this anime thus far after watching the first 4 episodes a master piece and here is why.

Art - i think the art and the tone of the show match perfectly its not about having the most amazing art style or advanced art more than the style complimenting the pace story and tone of the show.

Plot - i think the plot is well written and i think it leaves a lot to the imagination. What i think makes a good plot is the lack of definition of a set goal with no thought for whats after that when its achieved. You can clearly imagine a multitude of branches the show can stream down after he does X and Y it has the prospect of longevity. It is also fluid feel natural and a plot doesn't have to be complex new or that deep to be enjoyable.

Music - i think the work done on this show with the sound is absolutely amazing complimenting the tone of the scenes hyping up the emotions during other scenes it was very well done. very modern and thoughtful. also factoid one republic worked on some of it.

characters - we get actual character development growth and backstory lets you connect very well to the protagonist and tbh on the antagonist.

Worth a watch and will update if my opinion changes with the rest of this season.

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

jas-samaaa - Jun 1

101 by souledge94 »»
1 hour ago

» Why hasn't Ichikawa's and Furuhashi's account of Kaiju no. 8 been taken into consideration? (Possible spoilers)

SamuelPapprill - Yesterday

12 by Pendragon572 »»
Today, 2:06 AM

» Too Much Comedy?

Sagepool - May 22

40 by SuperLupinHero »»
Yesterday, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - May 25

155 by Hilly-chan89 »»
Yesterday, 10:47 AM

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Apr 13

309 by Hilly-chan89 »»
Yesterday, 10:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.