Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Delicious in Dungeon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 13, 4:20 PM

Mar 2023
Well done Studio Trigger. This show is aesthetically, compositionally, and visually stunning. The characters are all funny and charming in their own special way. This anime is just so chill and fun.

I also enjoy the 'story' and 'world building' of this fantasy world. It's interesting how tightly they intertwine dungeon exploration with cooking. I.e. using oil from traps to fry food.
WaifuSandwichJan 13, 6:53 PM
Jan 13, 4:34 PM
Mar 2019
This series makes me laugh out loud when every adventuring detail degenerates on how to prepare BETTER monster food. More of this.
Jan 13, 9:25 PM

Mar 2019
They really are taking their time pulling screaming turnips and siphoning fire trap oil while their friend is being slowly digested somewhere in the dungeon.
Jan 14, 4:58 AM

Aug 2013
This is kinda boring for me
Jan 14, 5:43 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Look at Marcille nightmare. Fuckin scary. She needs more fat, and protein. Basilisk for solution, right? Not to mention the antidote also serve as a good basilisk seasoning? Ah so dungeon meshi, dungeon meshi....

Well, Marcille seems to expertise with Mandrake case there. But to think that she needs to use dog as a bait tho. Fret no, big bat sures can be a good substitute!

Mandrake seems like a ginger tho. Wonder what its taste when mixing it with the eggs, i am genuinely curious about the taste. But ofc they just say it delicious even though i wish they can specify it more accurate to the human dish. Was it really just an omelette? So this episode giving a bad taste in the end...

The lockpicker guy kinda be a fine man there. He truly a hardworking person. But ofc the dwarve boss really put on some nerves using all the trap just to some deep fry cuisine. Not to mention its from the damn bat no less meat. And using however-long oil they used. How on earth you can still call it a lunch, its nothing but just a snack. But once again this is just, ah ... dungeon meshi, dungeon meshi.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 14, 7:24 AM
Feb 2019
That mandrake tho. Poor dogs, using it to pull a plants. But using a Bat as alternative? Poor Marcille. Physically and Mentality exhausted
Jan 14, 8:47 AM

Feb 2019
One thing is certain: I HATE elves in anime
Jan 14, 8:53 AM
Nov 2022
is this worth watching? I am not a fan of comedy shows...
Jan 14, 11:10 AM

May 2015
I was loooking for copper, and found gold!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 15, 2:06 AM
Jul 2023
Reply to Insane_0_2
is this worth watching? I am not a fan of comedy shows...
@Zero_Two_0_2_

No. The comedy isn't even clever. It's like each character has one joke/trope that they spam repeatedly for 90% of the episode and then like 10% cooking
Jan 15, 5:15 AM
Jan 2024
Bump of chicken hits and never miss
Jan 15, 5:16 AM
Sep 2019
it has much better art style and animation than many storywise i just like these food related anime, humor is just ok could be more, action not too much going on yet but it already evovled some world builduing and tries to get a bit deeper and creative in how the menu is setup. Character reaction animations are especially taken care of so it elevates itself just by that from most isekai. To me a welcome anime i will watch and probably enjoy in a relaxed way. It kinda hits a note like campfire cook with a much better production it's just abit like a solitary gourmet flair which i really enjoy even though it may be much more comparable to toriko so far quite intriguing.
Jan 15, 11:58 AM
May 2023
The story line is so, so boring. The animation is accurate to the manga but that doesn't necessarily mean it's good. (Ranking of kings had a similar matching to the manga, as does mob psycho, but neither made me dislike the visuals as much as this does). Even reading ahead in the manga, I am so, so bored. Frieren: Beyond Journey's End started off slow as well, but there were several avenues to progress the story and expand the character's lives. This? This show has annoying characters left and right, with no real reason to be compelled to be interested in seeing them grow. I'll keep watching in the hopes it gets better, but like most anime's, I give only a few episodes for it to hook me. If it takes 1000+ episodes for it to finally "get good" then the anime is just bad.
Jan 15, 8:25 PM

Jul 2023
I am liking a lot of Marcille (the elf).I like the other characters too.Nw, let's wait until next episode :D
Jan 15, 9:08 PM
Oct 2019
I really appreciate how they take completely made-up ingredients (including famous fantasy ingredients) and come up with preparation steps that are grounded in actual real-world food prep.
Jan 16, 2:15 AM

Jul 2017
The OP visuals are somewhat alright, though BUMP OF CHICKEN never fails in bringing out great songs. Ryokuoushoku Shakai's ED is just as good as Apothecary Diaries.

For Marcille, her mom making her favourite meals...from the dungeon, that gave her a foul smell as she dreamt of eating some good food, other than continuing to eat more monsters, which is in line with Laios and Senshi, but not Marcille, especially for the chicken-snake hybrid Basilisk, which she got into trouble facing it, leaving the two guys to counteract the huge creature and cook it down for one of the adventurers to consume it from being bitten by it. And sure, Senshi gave some valuable advice to the adventurers, and the group continues on. But they need food for supply, and Mandrakes seem like a good option to pull them up...if the proper technique is done like Senshi, which Marcille definitely didn't feel like her skills are that appreciated and wants to prove them wrong by using Big Bats. And she did right...but it almost killed her, which Laios gave her a telling, as well as Chilchuck. But giving her more monster food? That's a no-no.

Going deep into the dungeon, that's where Chilchuck comes into play as he's the cautious trap disarmer, but Senshi's realization of the traps with his big dwarf foot...only makes for more food creations. Going to the treasure vault to use the traps to their advantage, Senshi's ok with even high-heated oil, and as per the deal with Chilchuck, the former operates the traps while the latter cooks up some mandrake and big bat kakiage.

The elves are killing the shows, and Marcille is no different. She's easily great comedy meme material. But everyone also plays their part in the troupe, which is definitely for the better.
Jan 16, 2:56 AM

Jun 2019
tuxwonder7 said:
The animation is accurate to the manga but that doesn't necessarily mean it's good. (Ranking of kings had a similar matching to the manga, as does mob psycho, but neither made me dislike the visuals as much as this does).

Okay, but what is bad about the animation in this? Or do you mean the art style? Or both? And if either or both, the question still stands - What makes them bad?
Jan 16, 8:43 AM
Sep 2021
Nice, good food & good time with your companions are the best way to live & survive in a dungeon also having necessary knowledge & skills saves the day.
Jan 16, 2:53 PM

Apr 2015
A basilisk and mandrakes in the same episode... The second one no less. x) Plus as a bonus, a secret/hidden passage/room
Jan 16, 7:27 PM

Nov 2015
i enjoy the chill/sol parts more than the adventure ones. i hope we get more character depth on Laios too. better than the first episode
Jan 17, 3:25 AM

May 2022
Superb episode. Very enjoyable! I had to quickly come here and see what everyone else was thinking.

Happy to see everyone is also enjoying the cast, the food, and the great animation! Lastly Marcille is so adorable and funny!
Jan 17, 5:12 AM
Jul 2020
it was good! Now i want some chicken
Jan 17, 6:54 AM

Apr 2023
Try our full set of luxury cooking traps now for free!
Jan 17, 1:25 PM
Apr 2023
The anime is great!
Jan 18, 3:36 AM
Jun 2023
Cool, like, wow bro, the omelet, ugh love it
Jan 18, 7:23 AM

Jul 2016
Marcille explaining why she did the bat stunt while "traumatized" from the mandrake scream combined with the emotional music made me have to pause just to stop laughing lmao

Love how it's Senshi's natural dwarven instincts to repurpose a trap room into an oversized kitchen. Kinda iffy about being appetized by bat meat after the pandemic tho.
Jan 18, 7:11 PM
Mar 2015
basilisk and bat Yummy Bobby Flay would never win here
Jan 19, 2:33 AM
May 2017
A bit slow-paced and I was really hoping for the dragon to join the party, instead of... whatever this whole thing is.
I pretty much watched it for the dragon alone, but all we got was a bunch of human-ish weirdos with some awkward interactions and a cheap focus on food. Maybe it will get better in the future, but the first 3 episodes didn't grab me :\
Jan 19, 10:06 AM
Feb 2021
I love food related anime and I loved the manga, but somehow I can´t get into this one
Jan 20, 12:59 AM
Apr 2022
The humor of this episode landed better for sure, and the characters are already growing on me too. Weighing it more heavily as a comedy anime over adventure or cooking has helped my opinion of it a lot.

Somethings up with the animation though, the clarity of each drawing is inconsistent and sometimes the characters look *distinctly* different (I noticed with Chilchuck). This is the first time I've ever actually gotten the vibe of different artists drawing different scenes/frames in the middle of watching and it's enough to be distracting...
Jan 22, 12:39 AM
Feb 2015
it was weirdly wholesome, trap combined with cooking. that was some stuff. and looking delicious too
Jan 22, 4:50 AM

May 2015
I must say, this show makes hungry !
Jan 23, 7:19 PM

Mar 2021
I thought they'd also cook the basilisk, but showing how even a monster chicken is ultimately just a chicken was also cute.

The omelet looked absolutely gorgeous!! Meanwhile, whenever I put too much into my omelet, it just becomes scrambled eggs. :P

I love the teamwork in this episode. Who knew a chef and a traps master would get along so well? Also, Marcille actually took the time to use her book's method, albeit with a monster instead of a doggo, and she still ended up hearing the mandrake's scream XD
Jan 23, 9:59 PM

May 2019
Marcille going bonkers after the mandrake scream was pretty funny. She sure doesn't think things through very well. Alright, deep frying in the dungeon! I just love the animation of this show.
Jan 24, 12:44 PM

Jul 2022
THIS KINDA GETTING GOOD NGL
Jan 26, 10:10 AM
Jul 2022
I loved this episode!
Jan 27, 5:46 PM

Apr 2021
These foods look good, but where they come from is strange. I wanted to eat.

good episode. Marcille begging for attention ended up going crazy, she was cute xD.
The old man knows everything about the traps, and that boy is very stressed.
Jan 28, 7:06 PM
Jun 2012
Fantastic dub. Great performances by the elf especially.
Feb 6, 3:57 AM
Apr 2019
I like how they got closer in this episode
Feb 7, 2:08 PM
Jul 2023
I would like to make a joke about the cock being the tail, but this specimen was stated to be female (︶︹︺)
Feb 12, 2:09 PM

Sep 2023
It was an okay episode but I still don't really see the appeal of seeing them go around cooking some monsters... There is no real stake, the sister being currently digested by a dragon seems to be just an afterthought, nobody really cares.
Feb 13, 6:46 PM

Jan 2011
These first 2 eps have been so jam packed without feeling rushed.
Feb 18, 12:50 AM
Mar 2012
was unsure on premiere, but this one's great, more of a work sol, lots of office drama but in a dungeon.
great to see the value flip for Marcille. mandrake & bat parts lol.
Senshi & Chilchuck conflict eventually brought out more understanding in both.
Feb 19, 3:21 PM

Jul 2023
Senshi rubs people the wrong way. Good thing it doesn't escalate further.

Poor Marcille, being book only person.

Lol at Laios for nonchalantly asking if Marcille died.
Feb 21, 7:37 AM

Jan 2021
You know this came out of nowhere and is honestly so cute.
Mar 4, 5:25 AM

Oct 2019
An even funnier episode :)
Mar 5, 2:18 PM
Nov 2019
I thought Laios's screams would be the funniest part of thos episode, then the whole Marcille bit with the mandrakes happened and I couldn't stop laughing.
Mar 7, 10:26 PM
Jan 2020
Emily Rudd is such an amazing voice actor.
Mar 11, 1:50 AM

Sep 2010
Reply to borderliner
I enjoyed that lots more than the first episode.

The whole mandrake thing was hilarious and it was really neat that letting them scream made them less bitter.

Marcille after getting an earful of mandrake was the highlight of the episode for me.

@borderliner I think it's usually the opposite in real life though. If the animal struggles as it's killed, it tends to taste worse. See the "ikejime" method of killing and preparing a fish, which, among other things, ensures it's killed quickly.
Also, one of the food merchants in Saijaku Tamer (also airing this season) suggested that if the animal struggled in a trap, it would tend to degrade the flavor.
Mar 20, 6:16 AM

Feb 2021
Lol, She use bat as a bait and went chaos XD

Not only that, the dwarf use trap to make food :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Is this show mostly about food?

RedJeanne - Jun 8

19 by ArtemisSato »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 6

80 by Takata »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 16

87 by LeBozar »»
Yesterday, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 15

108 by red1130 »»
Jun 8, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

OtterBoy1 - May 30

86 by bushman66 »»
Jun 8, 4:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.