Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 9, 2023 1:56 PM

Jun 2016
Rudeus became Megumin after his depression.
EKSUPUROSHION!

Jul 9, 2023 2:15 PM

Jan 2022
Wow, this was a great episode!! The weird part is how this felt like a movie. As if this lasted more than the usual 23-minute show. But, glad to see Ruddy get over his mopping and Carpe Diem.

Side note shoutout to the Walmart knockoff of Rudduies last party lol.
Jul 9, 2023 2:24 PM

Feb 2014
Not a big fan on how the season started with Rudeus still being a downer, out of nowhere he is "okay" and saves the day. Also that ending could have happened in the last season, first episode was wasted with that.
Jul 9, 2023 2:32 PM

Apr 2022
I was worried he'd burn the medallion in the end, so I'm glad he burned the hair instead. Carrying it around is creepy.
Jul 9, 2023 2:58 PM
Dec 2021
amazing episode, 10/10
Jul 9, 2023 3:01 PM
Jan 2021
ITS BACK!!!!!  seeing rudeus one shot all them enemies was epic and the animation was stunning, looks like rudeus mission still isnt over. 
Jul 9, 2023 3:09 PM
Oct 2016
Rudy found his smile again. Aimlessly searching for his lost mother Zenith in the northern part of the continent. Rudy extremely depressed feeling like he's lot everything. All alone now after Eris chose to go with Ghislaine to become stronger. Rudy only reason for even living is to find his mom and even then he's barely holding on. Feeling like he's made no progress and the effects of traveling along have withered his spirit down to basically nothing. Rudy meeting a kind adventurers party, some very nice people whole help bring him out of the depths. It was interesting seeing Rudy reminded of Ghislaine and Eris when he saw Suzanne and Sara. Kinda made me sad seeing Rudy think how Sara acted was how Eris used to be. Carrying around that band of Eris hair that she left him, Rudy clinging to his past as best he can. He was more or less stuck in limbo until the end of the episode, not able to move on from the heartbreak of Eris departure but not able to just die because he wants to find his mom. This group here showed him what there's to live for, that slow motion scene as the bears attack was brilliant focusing on Rudy inner thoughts as they all fought their hardest to stay alive. Rudy remembering that feeling of being in battle like him, Eris and Ruijerd would be. Knowing he has more to live for even if he's lost a lot along the way.
Jul 9, 2023 3:15 PM
Nov 2019
Although the episode 1 plot isn't in manga or the light novel (only lightly mentioned), I think it has set an apt backdrop for Rudeus's intentions throughout this season.
Also, I thought it will be difficult to show his state of mind after separation from Eris in Anime as compared to how it is shown in the light novel. But now I think it couldn't have been better.
I loved this episode.
Jul 9, 2023 3:29 PM
Mar 2021
shadow_recruit said:
Although the episode 1 plot isn't in manga or the light novel (only lightly mentioned), I think it has set an apt backdrop for Rudeus's intentions throughout this season.
Also, I thought it will be difficult to show his state of mind after separation from Eris in Anime as compared to how it is shown in the light novel. But now I think it couldn't have been better.
I loved this episode.

All this was in the LN, maybe you read the WN?
LoayzaJul 9, 2023 3:33 PM
Jul 9, 2023 3:44 PM

Jul 2022
very epic man literally felt like 5mins 
HOW TF AM I SUPPOSED TO WAIT A WHOLE WEEKKKKKK?!?!?!?!
Jul 9, 2023 3:44 PM
Jul 2018
My boy Rudy looked depressed af but then he smiles :)
Was he holding roxy panties in the end?

Pretty sure sara is a tsundere!!
Jul 9, 2023 3:45 PM

Apr 2022
mushoku is back and animation was popping, 1 impact frame during rudy's blast. rudy's working with another guild and we got sara, who is another eris, apparently. mood of the bar switched up real quick once they offered drink tho lmao.
Jul 9, 2023 3:53 PM
May 2020
RUDEUS IS BACK MY GOAT DEPRESSED KING I LOVE YOU
Jul 9, 2023 3:54 PM
May 2020
RUDEUS IS BACK MY GOAT DEPRESSED KING I LOVE YOU
Jul 9, 2023 3:56 PM

Apr 2018
Great to have Mushoku Tensei back and I read this arc half assed in the manga, so im excited for what the anime has to show.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 9, 2023 4:01 PM

Dec 2016
Finally the depression arc is here. 
Jul 9, 2023 4:10 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
And now we’re actually back with Season 2, I said it before and I’ll say it again, it’s good to be back, especially since it’s been the hottest of minutes since the last season. We got to see Rudeus again finally and he’s not doing so good lol, I’m not sure how much time has passed between seasons but it’s clear he’s not over Eris leaving him, and it seemed nothing could bring him out of it, but the thing that did it was witnessing people fighting for their lives at the end of the episode, that was very nice to see. I also loved that last scene when he burned Eris’ hair, definitely a good way to show he’s moving on.

And I’m already a fan of his new party, they seem like a chill group for the most part, Sara was the only one who wasn’t into the idea of Rudeus being there but much like he came around, so did Sara by the end. And speaking of Sara, I gotta say her outfit is wild lol, girls gotta look hot even in freezing temperatures I guess, and she also looks really similar to Zenith but her personality is more akin to Eris, I like her tho despite how she acted initially.

And that song that played at the end was very good, MAL says it’s the OP so in that case I’m looking forward to the ED because Season 1 had some true bangers in both the OP and ED departments.
Jul 9, 2023 4:15 PM
Oct 2022
A good first episode. Sets things in motion again.
Jul 9, 2023 4:22 PM
Mar 2016
Really great episode, perfect for introduction to totally new area, can wait for other episodes.
Jul 9, 2023 4:34 PM
Oct 2020
It feels so great to be watching this anime again, the opening song by long man is actually so amazing and catchy it fits well with MT and is on the level with Yuiko theme songs for s1
Jul 9, 2023 4:46 PM
Jan 2013
Okeanix said:
Badonkers said:
Finally! The best isekai is back! Animation is very good compared to Episode 0 which... doesn't look bad, but also not good.
Best Isekai? I Laughed

Anyway Worst isekai anime new episode is here. I will put detailed review later.
Ab_271004 said:
Mid is back
1/10
Pedo tensei 🤮
Hate viewers really out in force today giving feedback no one cares about. Crazy
Jul 9, 2023 4:53 PM
Jan 2020
Onaniu said:
My boy Rudy looked depressed af but then he smiles :)
Was he holding roxy panties in the end?

Pretty sure sara is a tsundere!!

Yes, those were Roxy's panties in his pouch the whole time!
Jul 9, 2023 5:10 PM
Jul 2022
Yay our boy is back! sad he's going to be depressed for most of it though. Will be interesting to see what they skip over but add into the would-be OP each episode.
Jul 9, 2023 5:22 PM
Mar 2016
It was a good episode, the only concern I have is that Rudeus' depression ended really fast. Like, it's good for the future of the show because watching the adventures of the depressed kid wouldn't be so much fun, but they could have shown it a little bit more.
Jul 9, 2023 5:25 PM
Mar 2015
Our boi done good now that he has decided not to just accept the loss of everything and to fight for what he has been given by the people he loves
Jul 9, 2023 5:34 PM
May 2022
Another fantastic episode and the real star to the season. Really impressive animation, loved that circular shot when they are fighting the bears. This season really promises some character development for our main man Rudy and it’s already off to a great start. This anime is a favorite of mine so needless to say I’m looking forward to it
Jul 9, 2023 6:02 PM

May 2021
First episode felt really odd and different. To be honest I kind of forgot how the first season ended, but it's nice seeing character in anime, especially main character, being sad for once. Unfortunately that didn't last and he overcomes it with a swiftness of short belly pain resulting in a fart. At the end all is good and we can get back to shenanigans. All that said, I liked the first episode and am likely to continue watching, event though the first season went to shit the moment they introduced "the eye".

Even though it's the same studio, animation feels different. At least drawing does. It's not bad but spells lack impact and action scenes are not as clearly televised as in previous season. All in all, not bad.
Jul 9, 2023 6:31 PM
Jan 2023
i missed it so much
Jul 9, 2023 6:32 PM
Apr 2021
Unlike episode 00, this episode was really interesting and I liked it a lot
Jul 9, 2023 6:33 PM

Feb 2021
Bro is sick to his stomach, depression hits hard 
Jul 9, 2023 6:36 PM
Feb 2021
N7Grey said:
Luigi11Ism said:

You literally said it! Don’t really know how in the flying fuck people actually enjoy this shit fully knowing the MC is a pedo. Man people are blinded by how good it is.
You do understand that by your logic Call of the Night which is in your favorites is also a pedo anime?

Let me phrase it in your words: "Don’t really know how in the flying fuck people actually enjoy Call of the Night fully knowing that Nazuna is a pedo" See how retarded you sound?

I get the point you’re addressing but Nazuna isn’t a pedo. It’s explained in the manga that vampires age differently.
Jul 9, 2023 6:46 PM
Oct 2022
great episode overall
it showed really well how and what rudy is thinking and i loved the new side characters
Jul 9, 2023 6:47 PM
Apr 2018
It's the first step to realise "Doing what needs to be done". But carrying that will on requires great commitment, and I think Rudeus can do that cuz it has to do with his loved ones.
4/5
Jul 9, 2023 6:49 PM

Jul 2013
Great to have Mushoku Tensei finally back.

This first episode definitely had an entirely different feel to it. However, considering what happened towards the end of last season, this is not at all surprising.
Anyone who has lost someone important to them at some point in their life will know all too well how Rudeus is feeling right now. This feeling of depression is quite difficult to get over because you often live in the past and sometimes, as in Rudeu's case, you even don't care what happens to you.

That's why it was extremely important that Suzanne didn't give up on Rudeus and that he eventually became part of Counter Arrow. Since Sara behaved similarly to Eris and thus constantly reminded Rudeus how unwelcome he is in the group, this also did not represent any real moral help, which was was easy to pin down from Rudeus' inner thoughts.
However, especially with the last fight against this herd of bears, Rudeus realized again that there is a point in living on. That there are still people in his life, even if they are not around him at the moment. And above all, that he had it much worse in his past life. Throwing Eri's hair on fire was the first step in the right direction.

Even if it's hard, I hope he can keep a more positive mindset. The scene at the end was great to watch as a happy and laughing Rudeus always remains the best kind of Rudeus.

I'm really excited to see what awaits me this season. I look forward to the next episode.

Btw, I really enjoyed the animation. Seems like studio Bind keeps on delivering.

Jul 9, 2023 6:49 PM

Jul 2019
That was a hell lot of bears in one damn forest!

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Jul 9, 2023 7:07 PM
Dec 2019
Glad Rudeus was able to get through his heartbreak.
Jul 9, 2023 7:26 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Great ep! Nice ending. Keen to get into this season
Jul 9, 2023 7:35 PM
Jan 2023
this is exactly why I like anime
Jul 9, 2023 7:49 PM
Jun 2014
Okeanix said:
Badonkers said:
Finally! The best isekai is back! Animation is very good compared to Episode 0 which... doesn't look bad, but also not good.
Best Isekai? I Laughed

Anyway Worst isekai anime new episode is here. I will put detailed review later.
Everyone are anxious for a biased review from a Shit:Zero fan.
Jul 9, 2023 8:05 PM
Jun 2014
Luigi11Ism said:
Ab_271004 said:
Mid is back
1/10
Pedo tensei 🤮

You literally said it! Don’t really know how in the flying fuck people actually enjoy this shit fully knowing the MC is a pedo. Man people are blinded by how good it is.
He's not a pedo, he never went after anyone significantly younger than himself, in fact 2 of his love interests are older than him, and he is clearly attracted to mature woman and big boobs.

Finally, you dont seem this bothered with "huur pedo", since you are still here 24 eps, 1.5 year after. You waited this long just to complain about "huur pedo"? I dont buy it. 
If something, you just a needy guy seeking for online approbation from people who supposedly thinks like you, but wrong place. Try your lucky on twitter.
Jul 9, 2023 8:22 PM

Jan 2021
Holy cow
New waifu
New season
New rudeous
NEW ALL

Jul 9, 2023 8:24 PM
Apr 2013
Might be just me, but there was this weird animation effect on every scene it looked like,like the "frame moving/zooming in and out", felt really off. 
Anyway good episode over all
Jul 9, 2023 8:59 PM
May 2018
Luigi11Ismo said:
thebrentinator24 said:
Estou chamando-o de palhaço porque se ele realmente não gosta desse programa, ele poderia simplesmente ignorá-lo e assistir a algo que ele gosta, em vez de perder tempo ele nunca mais voltará ao fórum para odiar inutilmente.

Além disso, eu não gosto das coisas de pedo no show e fiquei irritado com a frequência que era no início. Eu gosto de tudo o mais sobre o show, então eu fiquei com ele, além das coisas de pedo ter acontecido com menos frequência à medida que o show foi acontecendo.

O único grande ponto que me fez parar de assistir é por causa da merda do pedo. Você não está mentindo quando diz que é ótimo, eu concordo com você, inferno é incrivelmente bem feito. Mas há linhas que não devem ser ultrapassadas, e infelizmente as pessoas estão cegas pelo quão bom é. Lentamente as pessoas vão simplesmente ignorar o fato de que merda de pedo como este existe e apenas assisti-lo sem cuidado. Isso não é bom.
Luigi11Ismo said:
N7Cinza said:
Você entende que pela sua lógica Call of the Night que está nos seus favoritos também é um anime de pedo?

Deixe-me dizer isso em suas palavras: "Não sei realmente como na foda voadora as pessoas realmente gostam de Call of the Night sabendo que Nazuna é um pedo" Viu o quão retardado você soa?
Não compare os dois lmao. Entretenha-me explicando o que você disse "Nazuna é um pedo".

Nazuna is over 40 and Kou is 15, if you use your logic Yofukashi no Uta would also be a pedo anime.

If you want to hate a work using this argument, then hate all works equally.

If we were to extrapolate even further, Code Geass is too, as C.C is immortal and Lelouch is a teenager.

Honestly, if you didn't like it, just don't watch it, instead of acting like a moralist.
MetalSlug7Jul 9, 2023 9:24 PM
Jul 9, 2023 9:03 PM

Oct 2020
Episode 1 have been off to a decent start. Wish we didn’t get mopey Rudeus at the start, felt like he spends majority of his first episode back in a state of stagnated development but it got better. Dialogue could honestly be written with dynamic (it felt like the background NPCs get better dialogue than the main characters) but it’s not so bad.
Jul 9, 2023 9:34 PM
May 2015
Beautiful animation, soundtrack and incredible visual effects. Rudeus is back. I cried in the end of the episode.
Jul 9, 2023 9:55 PM
Jul 2020
i read the LN and there's so much thoughts i felt left out...
Jul 9, 2023 10:18 PM

Jan 2021
I know time slots exist and what not, but it would be nice for every episode to be at least 40 minutes long. 23 minutes just goes by way too fast.

Also, I completely forgot that Roxy's panties are basically part of Rudeus' own personal religion.

Jul 9, 2023 10:18 PM

May 2015
I couldn't help but tear up throughout the episode seeing Rudeus still devastated
I'm so glad he found new companions
Jul 9, 2023 10:20 PM

Jul 2021
all this time i thought he was holding on to eris's hair in his pouch when he felt uneasy, this is rudeus alright.

we meet the girl on cover image already, looks like rudy and her are gonna get a lot closer.

did not expect rudy to lose all hope and just stand their to die like that, what happened to the resolve of getting back on his feet in last episode? still he found his resolve again. that rudy's scene with big fireball was so great to see.

makes me so happy that it's back and that i'm getting to watch this weekly. wait is gonna be painful, even more when the season picks up in the future. looking forward to it.

10/10. BEST TIME TO BE ALIVE. WATCHING MT WHILE IT'S AIRING.
TsutanaiFuunJul 9, 2023 10:32 PM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jul 9, 2023 10:21 PM

May 2015
Luigi11Ism said:
Ab_271004 said:
Mid is back
1/10
Pedo tensei 🤮

Bro you have Oshi no ko in your favorite manga, you can't be serious
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Bad Animation ( 1 2 )

OroficB06 - Jun 10

53 by xSIN_OF_GREEDx »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Sep 24, 2023

455 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2023

300 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2023

225 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Giorgosman13 - Sep 3, 2023

237 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 4:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.