New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 9, 2023 7:10 PM

Apr 2022
Hitagi__Furude said:
Hanekawa>>>Senjougahara

You're so real for this one.

School days is actually pretty good.
“I won’t rely on anyone anymore. I don’t care if no one understands.” – Homura Akemi
Apr 9, 2023 7:12 PM

Apr 2015
Sanjii_1234 said:
Tropisch said:
-Gintama isn't funny
-Kirito and Asuna are decent characters
-Ecchi and CGDCT are as good as any other genre
-There is nothing wrong with lolis
-Miku is the worst character in Date a Live
-Saber characters in Fate are boring and overrated
-Tanjiro isn't unique, the same as every other shounen protag
-Yaoi and Yuri are the worst genres
-We need more anime featuring girls with abs
-We need more reverse traps to balance out traps
I think so "tanjiro is unique"is a hot take.

Also people who think that people who enjoy analysing anime deeply or demand better stories then false hype are just for show off are dumasses

Because they can't tackle their points and then go on ranting enjoyment and blah blah blah

For everyone enjoyment comes from different aspects so to look down on someone Just makes you born from a gangbang.
What on Earth is this gibberish?  What are you trying to say?
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Apr 9, 2023 7:17 PM

Aug 2020
A Waga Tousou anime would be the best of all time.

Apr 9, 2023 7:39 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Maki Zenin is the greatest female character in the history of shounen anime..
If you disagree, I throw a shounen jump at the cops.. lolol

Hitagi__Furude said:

Wasteful Days of Highschool Girls>>>Daily Lives of Highschool Boys

That's my boy.. You know what you are talking about..

Apr 9, 2023 7:41 PM
Feb 2022
Tropisch said:
Sanjii_1234 said:
I think so "tanjiro is unique"is a hot take.

Also people who think that people who enjoy analysing anime deeply or demand better stories then false hype are just for show off are dumasses

Because they can't tackle their points and then go on ranting enjoyment and blah blah blah

For everyone enjoyment comes from different aspects so to look down on someone Just makes you born from a gangbang.
What on Earth is this gibberish?  What are you trying to say?
To you I am just saying that tanjirou isn't unique ain't spicy anime take.
Apr 10, 2023 4:06 AM

Dec 2022
ergo proxy is underrated, probably not that contraversial but I really liked that show
Apr 10, 2023 4:15 AM

May 2018
Sket Dance > Gintama
Tatami Galaxy spinoff movie > Tatami Galaxy 2022 ONA > original Tatami Galaxy

Apr 10, 2023 8:16 AM
Aug 2020
struggler_sensei said:
JaniSIr said:

I did not watch many mecha indeed, I could only find 1 with an adult cast, and even that pulled the child in a weapon of mass destruction cliché halfway through.

Anyway, I wasn't really trying to prove that anime can't do storytelling, just got annoyed that Monster was the example.

And nope, I have no idea who that is.
I mean a lot of Gundam has an adult cast, and so does Macross, Gun x Blade, and Big O, just to name a few. I still maintain that Monster is peak storytelling also. 

Bruh Akira Kurosawa is one of the world's most renowned directors, he's right up there with Alfred Hitchcock, Luis Buñuel, Stanley Kubrick, and Ingmar Bergman. The state of media literacy 
nowadays is truly appalling. 
And hes not even Japan's only goat level director, Ozu and Mizoguchi are near goat level as well, and Kobayashi isn't far behind them
Apr 10, 2023 8:23 AM
Oct 2020
Hellsing and Hellsing: Ultimate are bad, actual dogshit. The only thing that saves them is that the ambience and design of Alucard are cool and actually intriguing.
Apr 10, 2023 8:24 AM

Aug 2022
DaddyDonovan said:
struggler_sensei said:
I mean a lot of Gundam has an adult cast, and so does Macross, Gun x Blade, and Big O, just to name a few. I still maintain that Monster is peak storytelling also. 

Bruh Akira Kurosawa is one of the world's most renowned directors, he's right up there with Alfred Hitchcock, Luis Buñuel, Stanley Kubrick, and Ingmar Bergman. The state of media literacy 
nowadays is truly appalling. 
And hes not even Japan's only goat level director, Ozu and Mizoguchi are near goat level as well, and Kobayashi isn't far behind them
Oh thank god. The second I got the notification that DaddyDonovan had quoted my post I panicked. Glad it was just about films and directors. 
Apr 10, 2023 8:49 AM

Nov 2018
Pit93 said:
Evangelion is not a mecha anime. It's just giants wearing armor. It's as if the titans in AoT were to wear armor and people would start calling it a mecha anime.

AoT straight up is a mecha anime, no armor needs to be added to make it so.
Apr 10, 2023 9:03 AM

Aug 2020
MasterTasuke said:
Anime does not do Storytelling especially well...
not really. Watch more anime.

And congratulations for your 1000th post.
Apr 10, 2023 9:14 AM

Aug 2020
Ionliosite2 said:
- Monster is an absolute piece of trash which is an insult to psychological anime, and Johan isn't a good manipulator since most of the time we don't even see him doing his manipulations.
prove that it is an absolute piece of trash. Do that and i'll change my score from 10 to 1.

Ionliosite2 said:
- I don't know if this is spicy but Evangelion never gets confusing, people just are unable to grasp some things if they aren't explained like if they were babies.
it DOES get confusing tho. Just not as people make it out to be

Ionliosite2 said:
- Konosuba is a far better isekai deconstruction than Re:Zero can ever hope to be.
both are meh but Re:Zero's a tad bit better.
Apr 10, 2023 9:22 AM

Aug 2020
struggler_sensei said:
JaniSIr said:

Monster for the most part is just a poorly paced pretentious garbage. The one thing that's actually really good in that show is the love life of Eva Heinemann.
So you don't like Monster, still leaves Berserk, Akira, Ghost in the Shell, and others. And as I said before Akira Kurosawa films are a thing so you can't say the Japanese can't do storytelling. Still at least your take is spicy, wrong, but spicy non the less lol
Bro stop replying to him. This JaniSIr guy simply hates Monster. I've dealt with every problem he said he had with the show before and even after that he still complained about the same things.
Apr 10, 2023 9:28 AM
Dec 2021
UberBat said:

All the worst people lived in Attack on Titan

No kidding. That’s a normal take. They are human, but best of the worst. That’s what makes the show more believable.
Apr 10, 2023 9:41 AM

Jan 2021
TRC_Randy said:
Ionliosite2 said:
- I don't know if this is spicy but Evangelion never gets confusing, people just are unable to grasp some things if they aren't explained like if they were babies.

No, it never does, Evangelion transmits a very simple message in a clear way. The difference is that it doesn't overexplain it because it assumes it's audience doesn't need to be spoonfed information like they are 5 years old.
Apr 10, 2023 9:46 AM

Mar 2021
> Ufotable animation isn't that special. Bones' work with mob psycho is far better
> I don't think mecha is all that good
> Fillers in anime can be entertaining
> Seasonal/weekly watching is better than binge
> The entirety of medieval fantasy potrayals in anime together falls flat in the face of ASoIaF

Also lmao at the bozo who got silenced after getting asked to articulate their dislike for a series
Za_PandaApr 10, 2023 10:13 AM
Apr 10, 2023 9:52 AM

Aug 2020
Ionliosite2 said:
TRC_Randy said:

No, it never does, Evangelion transmits a very simple message in a clear way. The difference is that it doesn't overexplain it because it assumes it's audience doesn't need to be spoonfed information like they are 5 years old.
yes it doesn't overexplain like many anime but there ARE scenes that's confusing like
or in EoE
There's no way you can say those are "simple message in a clear way" as you put it.
Apr 10, 2023 10:47 AM

Nov 2022
i didnt like anything about edgerunners, it was so boring. couldnt get past ep7
Apr 10, 2023 11:07 AM
Nov 2021
Tendo_GM said:
Ufotable’s animation is boring and Wit Studio is overrated
BASED TAKE ABSOLUTELY AGREE. WIT is overrated af. Im not a MAPPA fanboy but S4 animation was more faithful (except some cgi titans) and the colour palette fits the dark and depressing atmosphere of AOT unlike first three season which had shiny drawings everywhere. Not saying WIT is bad but MAPPA's animation suited AOT more. And ufotable is as always stale and just cashes on trash mangas like KnY (fate was good tho) with "s t e l l a r" animation, which are just 3d camera spins and overused cgi which looks good for sometimes but overall is dogshit.
Apr 10, 2023 11:45 AM
Apr 2023
naruto shippuden is easily one of the worst shonen i have ever watched and because of it it's the worst of the big 3
Apr 10, 2023 11:57 AM

Nov 2022
Take chilli paper and eat it while watching anime.

That will make it spicy.
Buy my awesome BDSM male domination book here  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1174760

Visit my Discord https://discord.com/channels/1047490147794550844/1047490149161898039 I am not there most of the time but you can leave a message.

Or my blog here https://BDSMAnime.blogspot.com/
Or here https://BDSMAnime18.blogspot.com/

Submit to me and become my subject here https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=88107
Apr 10, 2023 12:21 PM

Jul 2021
TRC_Randy said:
struggler_sensei said:
So you don't like Monster, still leaves Berserk, Akira, Ghost in the Shell, and others. And as I said before Akira Kurosawa films are a thing so you can't say the Japanese can't do storytelling. Still at least your take is spicy, wrong, but spicy non the less lol
Bro stop replying to him. This JaniSIr guy simply hates Monster. I've dealt with every problem he said he had with the show before and even after that he still complained about the same things.
If Monster didn't want me to hate it, it should have made sense by the end.
Apr 10, 2023 12:55 PM
Dec 2021
PickleNikk said:
[color=var(--accent)]My Hero Academia[/color] - is just about a kid with skill issues. 2/10

[color=var(--text)]Blue Lock[/color] - is just a kid with skill issue but becomes god at football for like 20 seconds. 3/10

[color=var(--accent)]Sonny Boy[/color] - Tried to be something different but it just flops and I love when people say they have theories on what really happened but wouldn't even tell you there theory is. 3/10

[color=var(--accent)]ERASED[/color] - Story is rushed at the end. 3/10

[color=var(--accent)]Horimiy[/color]a - Just a trash romance. 4/10

[color=var(--accent)]Dr. Stone: Stone Wars[/color]  - Just fells rather flat compared to season 1. 4/10

[color=var(--accent)]My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU[/color] - Nothing happens. 4/10

[color=var(--accent)]Summer Time Rendering[/color] - Clickbait anime by saying its a mystery when it clearly is not. 5/10 

AOT - I don't really care about it but some parts are good.

Fate - The plot is very simple when they could of explored the characters more with 4 seasons and the high steaks parts are just underwhelming at best. But I'll give it to them that they have the best clouds I have ever seen in an anime. 

[color=var(--accent)]JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012)[/color]  - meh. 5/10

[color=var(--accent)]KonoSuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World![/color] - The mc is just a scumbag but season 2 he gets better but still my less liked mc. (probably) 6/10

Damn bro, you’re so salty.
I kinda agree with the sonny boy one though. People be looking for ‘hidden’ meanings and theories and ranting that it’s ‘philosophical’ like the author ever told them it had any of those. Honestly, the show wasn’t even that bad, it was enjoyable despite it never explaining anything(which some people like). But, the fans are something else, they gave it their own explanations to make it something ‘different’. Maybe the author just wanna make a trippy story.
Apr 10, 2023 12:57 PM

Apr 2019
CSM being so popular is just jaw dropping to me. I do not understand how a show with Denji as the MC and Power existing is considered to be peak fiction by many
Apr 10, 2023 1:22 PM

Mar 2021
your name is mid, I want to eat your pancreas, silent voice and almost any Ghibli movie are all way better 
Apr 10, 2023 1:29 PM

Aug 2016
Slice of Life anime is better than any kind of mecha anime

Apr 10, 2023 2:07 PM
Kuroni_Kuru

Dec 2020
Shaft's animation style is awful, and it made the already-awful story of Monogatari even worse.
...Is that spicy enough?
Formerly known as Kuroni_Kuru
Apr 10, 2023 2:42 PM
Dec 2021
“Lycoris Recoil is a good anime.”
Apr 10, 2023 3:00 PM

Aug 2020
JaniSIr said:
TRC_Randy said:
If Monster didn't want me to hate it, it should have made sense by the end.
okay, what didn't make sense by the end?
Apr 10, 2023 4:24 PM

Oct 2019
Rent-a-Girlfriend is very enjoyable to watch.
I think Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is overhyped and mid.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2023 4:35 PM
Jul 2022
Oh boy... alright...

-Chainsaw Man is overrated. (Art is nice but writing and story lacked for me)
-Mirai Nikki is mid.
-MHA is also overrated (It's alright but not the second coming of Christ like a lot of people think)
-Nude/Eechi scenes ≠ Story/Plot
-Romantic Killer is trash
-KonoSuba is trash

Please don't judge lol
faevoritesJun 20, 2023 6:10 PM
Apr 10, 2023 5:28 PM

Dec 2021
TheMechaManiac said:
Ufotable animation is absolutely soulless.

Now that is spicy.

But no. Just because the animation is almost flawless, doesn't mean that it is completely soulless.
Rosa Umineko Drip

The Witch of Badassery.
Apr 10, 2023 5:38 PM

Aug 2022
Igreja said:
TheMechaManiac said:

Now that is spicy.

But no. Just because the animation is almost flawless, doesn't mean that it is completely soulless.
Nah, don't you know? in order to have soul animation must have flaws, that's why Ex-Arm has the most soul in anime
Apr 11, 2023 6:11 AM

Aug 2022
Sfopllo said:
EX-Arm is objectively a bad anime...
Bruh how is that a spicy take? That's as spicy as milk.
Apr 11, 2023 6:19 AM
Jan 2023
Hyouka is boring and shit af
Dragon Maid is the same
From the new world is shit and boring from what I've seen of 10 eps
Vinland Saga isn't as good as people say it is
Noragami is boring af, it felt like it took forever to finish an ep. I only got up to ep 2. (Let me know how good it will get, as I might try to watch it into the future.
Bofuri is shit, boring and terrible, don't know why anyone likes that shit.
Goblin Slayer is boring af from what I've seen which is 3 eps.
Spice and Wolf is also boring af, maybe cause it doesn't suit my tastes.
Ouran High school Club doesn't do anything interesting and the mc is too boy looking.
86 is mid.
Monogatori is shit apart from the ecchi bits.
First part of Steins gate is boring af.
Sonny boy is trash and boring, and art style is shit.
AOT isn't as good as people say, 8/10 anime only.

There are some other things I could mention but I cba.

HELLISHFIREApr 11, 2023 6:29 AM
Apr 11, 2023 7:58 AM

Mar 2022
The animation studio who's animating an anime doesn't matter as long as the final product is good.

Seasonals can be good, it's just that the average anime season has a lot of duds and thus gives seasonals a bad name. There have been some seasonals that I've really enjoyed.
The siren of a flightless bird

Quietly destroying its cage

Dance, until tonight, with a raised voice-

For I don't want to lose hope!

-Utsuro wo Aogu, Vivid BAS SQUAD
Apr 11, 2023 8:09 AM

Jul 2017
TheMechaManiac said:
Shinkai is a boring hack.
Hosoda is overrated, not as much of a hack as Shinkai, but still a hack.
Mecha is actually a good genre.
Seasonal romcoms are one of the worst things to happen to anime alongside generic Isekai garbage.
Yoshiyuki Tomino is based and deserves to be held in much higher regard.
You were supposed to give spicy takes, not facts
i'm dead inside

green potato curry is dope though
Apr 11, 2023 8:16 AM

Aug 2016
- Attack on Titan's ending wasn't as terrible as people make it out to be.
- The 2003 FMA series is almost as good as Brotherhood or the manga.
- HxH 1999 did a better job than the 2011 series for the Hunter Exam and Yorkshin arcs.
- Angel Beats doesn't have any plot holes in the final episode, weebs seriously need to pay attention to the stuff they watch before spouting dumb shit.
- The first half of Steins;Gate is better than the second.
- Gonzo was a good studio, in the 2000s at least.
- Kirito and Asuna's romance in SAO is fairly well done despite all my other grievances with that series.
- NGNL is just as bad as your generic seasonal isekai trash and I honestly don't know why people are so forgiving towards it in comparison.
- The LOGH remake is better than the OVA as far as the two can be compared.
- Angel's Egg is a meaningless waste of time with a pretty art style and Yoshitaka Amano's designs being its only saving grace.
- The Evangelion manga is the overall best version of the story.
- The 2000s were the best decade for anime and I'll die on this hill.
- Romcoms with boring generic MCs being handed a manic pixie dream girl on a silver platter like Nagatoro, Bisque Doll, Uzaki-chan, Tonikawa and Takagi-san are garbage and made me lose interest in romcoms altogether.
- Code Geass' goofiness doesn't get enough credit, a lot of people take the series way too seriously without noticing it knows how silly it can get and relishes on it instead of trying to be 2deep4u.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Apr 11, 2023 8:16 AM

Mar 2023
one piece, attack on titan and chainsaw man are the worst anime/manga ever created so don't bother watching or reading it.
Apr 11, 2023 8:18 AM

Aug 2018
Both of Evangelion's original endings are inferior to the 3.0+1.0 ending, as the original endings don't do much to resolve plot points and Anno just phoned them in because of his depression and his (understandable) anger towards his fanbase. 
"Piccolo you have no sauce"
Apr 11, 2023 8:24 AM

Jan 2013
Boruto fillers/anime canons are entertaining
Apr 11, 2023 8:31 AM

Jul 2017
HELLISHFIRE said:
From the new world is shit and boring from what I've seen of 10 eps
Vinland Saga isn't as good as people say it is
Bofuri is shit, boring and terrible, don't know why anyone likes that shit.
86 is mid.
The thing with From the new world is, that it only gets interesting in the second half of the show, at least for me.
I enjoyed Vinland Saga when I read the manga, but after the farmland arc, the whole thing becomes a boring shitshow.
No disagreement in regards to Bofuri, I have no idea how anyone made it past the first episode of that garbage.
I liked the first season of 86, but part 2 is terrible.
i'm dead inside

Apr 11, 2023 8:40 AM

Jul 2017
-Ryu said:
The 2003 FMA series is almost as good as Brotherhood or the manga.
I adore the 2003 FMA adaptation. I don't think it's as good as Brotherhood, but the changes they made were interesting. But I do like the ending of the 2003 anime better. You had to watch the movie to have a complete picture of the story though.
i'm dead inside

Apr 11, 2023 8:48 AM

Aug 2016
yuggieyoghurt said:
-Ryu said:
The 2003 FMA series is almost as good as Brotherhood or the manga.
I adore the 2003 FMA adaptation. I don't think it's as good as Brotherhood, but the changes they made were interesting. But I do like the ending of the 2003 anime better. You had to watch the movie to have a complete picture of the story though.
Yeah I said "almost" as good because the writing isn't as polished overall, especially in the last couple of episodes where some plot points like Mustang and Winry's parents and Scar's character arc got rushed and unsatisfying conclusions, and the last two or three episodes especially being guilty of introducing a lot of new plot elements that don't get elaborated enough because there's not much time left before the series ends. That being said, I do think the actual ending is perfect, as well as the series serving as a character study for Edward and the way it doesn't shy away from showing the negative consequences of Ed and Al's actions like the civil war that broke out at Liore, which was mentioned in Brotherhood/manga, but didn't really have much of a relevance at the end of the day.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Apr 11, 2023 10:30 AM

May 2018
Neon Genesis Evangelion is the worst anime ever made
Apr 11, 2023 10:38 AM

Oct 2019
Hm, I'd say that Puella Magi Madoka Magica changed the Mahou Shoujo genre in a way I don't particularly like. I'm not saying PMMM is bad by any means (from the story to the visuals it's really cool), but after it, the "dark twist"on magical girls became like a norm. Where's the twist if every single one is dark a depressing? lol. I'd personally like more cutesy Mahou Shoujo to come out (remakes and stuff are nice, but you know, maybe new things would be cool too). 

Also, not all 3D anime animation is bad. Studio Orange (Beastars, Houseki no Kuni) does a wonderful job at it. And there is D4DJ too. And the openings to a lot of parts of JoJo, are you going to tell me those look bad? 
Apr 11, 2023 10:48 AM

Dec 2021
struggler_sensei said:
Igreja said:

Now that is spicy.

Nah, don't you know? in order to have soul animation must have flaws, that's why Ex-Arm has the most soul in anime

That doesn't make any logical sense.

If an effortless animation is released to the public, would it then have soul because it has a lot of flaws?
Rosa Umineko Drip

The Witch of Badassery.
Apr 11, 2023 10:54 AM

Aug 2022
Igreja said:
struggler_sensei said:

That doesn't make any logical sense.

If an effortless animation is released to the public, would it then have soul because it has a lot of flaws?
I see you have yet to learn to understand irony and sarcasm. Don't worry you'll get there one day.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Do you got a favorite combination of eyes & hair colors?

Zowabo - Today

30 by zombie_pegasus »»
1 minute ago

» Which is the correct anime consumption posture?

SgtBateMan - Jun 14

42 by FanofAction »»
19 minutes ago

» What's your favorite anime OST? ( 1 2 )

Gashadokur0 - Jun 15

50 by Immunolamine »»
25 minutes ago

» Top 10 Most watched airing anime this week!

KN_is_otaku - 10 hours ago

4 by KN_is_otaku »»
33 minutes ago

» Are there any CONFIDENT flat/small chested anime girls?

Throwawayy1234 - 8 hours ago

26 by Jackson1333 »»
49 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.