Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 16, 2023 12:23 AM
Jan 2021
ngl, crying Miri hit too much home, everybody's that have children or little sister could definitely relate

I'm sorry, i can't help but make Spy x Family comparisons for my overall thoughts on 2 episodes so far: Spy x family is undoubtedly great, but the stereotipikal cartoonish take on each character just for the sake of keeping the commercials formula of the show makes every bits falls cheap, and the second season really started to burn out on me. But in the other hands, Buddy Daddies take their character seriously. They didn't afraid to go deep on heavy subjects, and one things i appreciated the most is that Miri just behave like a real children.

is an amazing show so far, and It might be controversial, but Miri is a better daughter than Anya
Jan 16, 2023 2:38 AM

Aug 2019
I feel like it’s weird for people to try to argue whether she acts like a normal child or not due to different upbringings as there is no “normal kid”, since from what we’ve seen so far this girl hasn’t really had a father figure in her life at all and from context clues (mother let child travel alone) we can infer the mother wasn’t a good influence either, so of course this girl isn’t going to behave well; the only thing we can hope for is as this show progresses she will settle down a bit

as for me I’m enjoying this show as it is right now so any route this show takes her growth I’ll probably like 
snowykevinJan 16, 2023 2:45 AM
Jan 16, 2023 6:13 AM
May 2022
This is dumb fun and I enjoy it but ngl I'm still not warming up to the characters. They're pretty one-note so far. Miri is realistic enough but at this point, she seems more like a caricature of a child. I need something more to hook me. The action is fine although a bit unbelievable but for comedic purposes works ok. I just wish for more emotional, laid-back scenes to really sell this "family". Will still continue watching though.
SomeApplePieJan 16, 2023 6:23 AM
Jan 16, 2023 8:26 AM

Jun 2009
This episode was so good! Rei is definitely my favorite. ;w; Also Miri's your typical 4 year old so YES she is gonna be annoying. Maybe go observe a preschool class then get back to me. >_>

(And yes I agree that since she wasn't raised well she doesn't know how to behave. And the two don't know how to really take care of a child so there's also that. But so far I love the antics and can't wait to see more!)
KittyxChanJan 16, 2023 8:31 AM

You have been blessed by sparkly bishie Cherry Blossom <3 You're welcome ^^

Jan 16, 2023 11:56 AM
Dec 2019
Miri couldn't be more annoying...
Jan 16, 2023 2:30 PM

Feb 2019
So people are obviously going to make spyxfamily comparisons but I think this is more like Deaimon and Kumichou Musume mixed with Balance unlimited than anything. Such a cute series, I was gonna pass on it glad I didn’t. PA works masterclass in back to back seasons.
Jan 16, 2023 2:42 PM
Nov 2017
People acting like Miri is a annoying tragedy of a child have obviously never been around a child before. If your standard for bad behavior is running around trying to play and needing to use the bathroom, I have bad news for you.

But yeah, cute kid, hilarious hijinks. Great episode.
Jan 16, 2023 5:19 PM

Oct 2008
Lol, I don't know what half these comments are on about, but as kid characters go, Miri is hardly annoying. Real annoying children go out of their way to cause trouble. On the contrary, all her "annoying" actions are rooted in logic and are a natural consequence of Kazuki's treatment of her. For instance, if he had helped her pee, she wouldn't have had the need to ask to use the toilet. If he hadn't left her alone at home, she wouldn't have trashed the place.
Jan 16, 2023 9:40 PM

Jan 2020
People comparing Miri to Anya just isn’t fair. Anya is the best child character there ever was and will be. However, I can understand why some people can find her annoying as she’s far too hyper
Jan 17, 2023 10:13 AM
May 2018
ccccccccccccccccccopy spy x family
Jan 17, 2023 1:08 PM

May 2010
The real question is why would they keep the kid after this. Her life has been in mortal danger quite a bit with them. Im sure they will find some reason to stay together because its the premise of the show they show they are not fit to be parents. 
Jan 17, 2023 2:19 PM
Sep 2016
gaydongpyo said:
miri annoying as hell

thank you buddy daddies for reminding me to not have kids
I SWEAR SHE REMINDED ME TO NOT HAVE KIDS CUZ HOLY SHI THEY ARE SO ANNOYING
the dudes are cool tho
Jan 17, 2023 8:00 PM

Dec 2017
Tobirama-Sensei said:
@Straw :

Are you joking ? 

This is episode 2, we've barely seen her in EP 1, so this EP 2 is mainly a "here's how much a child can affect the lives of two hard working assassins".

They'll figure out something like a baby-sitter or something else in the next episode and Miri won't be as "everywhere" as she was in this EP, so chill.. 

Also, that's not how a 4 year old is ? Believe me, it is ! 

Not all childs are as silent as Anya, and Miri is way more realistic than Anya ever been.

I agree. Seems like too much people are used to see children acting like adults or having unusual ways of manners on anime. Also they forget that childhood is unique and it can be silent for ones and noisy for others. Miri is just a 4yo. As the story told us, she's alone frequently. She could be afraid of being alone.

But oh well, surely all of the grownups here were quiet and independent at 4! ๐Ÿ˜’
Jan 18, 2023 1:53 AM

May 2013
If we continue the comparison with Anya, at least Anya had a personality/ her own agenda behind anything she did. Granted, we saw a lot of Anya's perspective, so maybe the way this show is written is not earning Miri any points, but from what we did get to see, her personality seems to consist of "I want to pee" and "I want to play". There were some commentators in the thread speaking of realism, but if you think this is a realistic portrayal of a human child I'm sorry for you, I hope you get to meet a normal kid soon.
I'm going to give this show 2 more episodes in case it gets deeper, otherwise, Miri's voice is gonna snap the last 2 nerves I have left.
Jan 18, 2023 3:40 AM
Oct 2019
I love the comedy and plot they tried to create it through the characters.
Jan 18, 2023 1:19 PM
Sep 2015
Balsamina said:
For all the people saying Miri's behavior is normal, I'm gonna be honest, I cannot relate. When I was 3, I did as I was told, My niece and nephew, when they were toddlers, they also did as they were told. Neither me, nor my niece or nephew ran around the house trashing it. We didn't do "cute" antics to get attention. The only relatable part was being sad if adults had to leave us to do something, but we would calm down when told that they will be back and when to expect them home.

So no, can't really justify her behavior. I found her obnoxious af. The "cute"ness is too forced. She just came off as annoying, even a tad unbelievable. Personally, I'm hoping they calm the kid down in upcoming episodes.

Thank you for saying this. Yes she's a kid but not every kid is this energetic, hopefully she behaves better in next eps but I doubt the writers will change her.
Jan 19, 2023 2:03 AM

Jun 2009
Actar said:
Lol, I don't know what half these comments are on about, but as kid characters go, Miri is hardly annoying. Real annoying children go out of their way to cause trouble. On the contrary, all her "annoying" actions are rooted in logic and are a natural consequence of Kazuki's treatment of her. For instance, if he had helped her pee, she wouldn't have had the need to ask to use the toilet. If he hadn't left her alone at home, she wouldn't have trashed the place.
Can 100% agree. Why did he think leaving her all alone would be a good idea?? I wanted to scream at him when they left her by herself. Hire a babysitter next time please omg. ;w; You don't leave a 4 year old alone even if it's for like, 20 minutes.

You have been blessed by sparkly bishie Cherry Blossom <3 You're welcome ^^

Jan 19, 2023 9:31 AM
Sep 2021
This situation is new to her in episode 2 cause we were still early on, she just found her Papa.

She'll behave as Kazuki and Rei will raise her, and punish her also (I hope so).

Don't forget she's using a phone on Episode 1 when she calls Kazuki, and is behaving in a more "calm" attitude so a few months after the events of episode 2, she'll be alright.

Jan 19, 2023 3:38 PM

Sep 2018

This episode was really, really annoying. I get that Miri's supposed to be chaotic and childish, I get that it makes sense for her to act that way as a four-year-old, but what makes her really get under my skin is that's all the show knows what to do with her so far. As grating I imagine the comparison is at this point, they really want Miri to be the Anya of this show, but the reason Anya works in Spy X Family is because she arguably has more awareness of the situation than anyone, while still having that awareness being expressed through an energetic and goofy child. All Miri has is the energetic part of Anya, and only punchline this episode is able to get out of that is her screwing things up.

The funny thing is that I think the easiest way to fix her was to go even more over the top. Why not have childish her antics inadvertently help Kazuki and Rei with the hit in some comedy of errors-type chain of events? That'd be an entertaining and effective payoff to her constantly making a mess of things in the first half, while also being an effective way to strengthen the duo's bond with her in a "I guess she's not so bad to have around" kind of way. In fact, that unintentional helpfulness could actually help set her apart from Anya. There's bits and pieces of the idea here. That one bit where she's able to get into the house no problem while Kazuki had to struggle to do so was actually really funny, but we don't get any other humor like that with her here. As it is, all this does is make my eardrums irritated by Miri's constant screeching and leave me irritated by its lack of creativity. I'll try to hold out for another episode or two, but I don't see this having a long future in my watching list.
Jan 19, 2023 7:03 PM
Oct 2020
It's amazing how much energy she has and that she isn't fazed at all by all the gun shots.
Jan 19, 2023 8:34 PM
Jun 2019
Miri is just too annoying, it’s like nails on a chalkboard of an otherwise enjoyable show. Dropped it after this episode
Jan 20, 2023 6:01 AM
Jan 2017
who the fuck think its funny? its just scary put the child on danger like this, its not comedy anymore,, ahh i dont like it
Jan 20, 2023 6:38 AM

Jan 2021
I feel like Kazuki carrying Rei and Miri away from danger is going to be a running theme of each episode.
Jan 20, 2023 2:38 PM
Dec 2022
Good episode. I abandoned preconceived notions about this anime and went in strictly to evaluate the entertainment and story aspects. I am looking forward to the remaining eps.
Jan 20, 2023 6:23 PM
Apr 2022
good eps really love it
Jan 20, 2023 11:22 PM

Sep 2015
Ahhh there is a lot of gimmick happening, this was quite the same thing like the last episode, disguising, and taking out targets like Agent 47 style. The shut-in character is just so plain.... And Miri is just your typical child.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jan 21, 2023 12:19 AM
Jul 2021
gaydongpyo said:
miri annoying as hell

thank you buddy daddies for reminding me to not have kids
I don’t like kids either. But gotta admit, Miri, despite being so annoying during this episode, made me laugh as hell. I can’t imagine the stress Kazuki must have felt lol
Jan 21, 2023 5:40 AM
Feb 2021
I admire this anime.
Jan 21, 2023 8:28 AM

Sep 2017
So in Spy x Family at home we have massive storm trooper aim (kinda breaks my immersion) and a pretty annoying 4 year old (which is at least somewhat realistic), but her complete lack of fear for these insane mafia style shootouts is a little much. Idk shouldn't a 4 year old have a better sense of danger than that? Not that I really know what 4 year olds should be like.
Jan 21, 2023 11:07 AM

Apr 2021
had me glued to the screen
Jan 22, 2023 2:36 AM

Oct 2015
Oh man... she's so cute. She causes some troubles here and there but she's cute. TvT
   HuaLian <3
Jan 22, 2023 2:59 AM
Feb 2020
Copy paste of episode 1 with a slightly different plot. And episode 1 is just a copy of Spy x Family episode 1 but with everything good taken out of it
Jan 22, 2023 5:11 AM

Dec 2009
This was terrible! The kid is annoying as hell, her voice is driving me crazy and so far never felt the urge to slap a fictional character so hard in the face that she faints. Seriously considering dropping this thing. OMG.
Jan 22, 2023 7:30 AM

Jun 2015
Are people here saying something like " Who think miri are anoying, would be horrible parents." But Ironically its the reverse.
Parents who's let they childrens do what they want to do without giving them some limit, without education ( incluindg, let them scream and mess it up with everything, and bother people around ) they are the real "bad parents".
If you are a father or mother from some Child ( or the caregiver ) and see your child doing some mischief, and you dont do something about, I'm sorry to inform, but you are a bad parent. Be annoying its not be a realistic and logic kid, its be rude, without education.
Exactly, RUDE = a child who dont received good education, and this its the Miri case.
The people who's know what are irritanting to others, clearly they know how to educate they childs, and give them limit. That its the fact.

And also, i saw many comments comparing Miri and Anya. And have dozens of animes with children's characters and i just see everyone talking about anya, anya, anya.

Yotsuba Koiwai (Yotsuba) .
Ren-chon (Non Non Biyori).
Naru (Barakamon).
Rin(Usagi Drop).
Kawamoto (03-Gatsu),
Eri (Boku No Hero)
Ushio (Clannad).
Ramus (Hataraku-Maou).
Kesshouban(Hatataku Saibou).
Kotomi (Itazura Na Kiss).

The age's are varied, them also are protagonists, helpers, extras characters, whatever but, all them are childs representations. But none of them were so annoying than Miri. Again, because she has a chaotic childhood, without education.
That show purpose its literally make her chaotic, and they did it.

That its not how all the childrens on the planet are, many childs are introverts and they dont act like them dont have parents. So, its just about give some limit to the kid and her personality.

I liked Miri reasonably on the first episode.
The most annoying character on this show, its not Miri, its Kazuki. Which does nothing to stop her, but too take her to a dangerous work and put her on the shooting. LOL
“The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.” -Cowboy Bebop
Jan 22, 2023 12:08 PM
Oct 2020
The next time someone asks me why I don't want to have kids, I'll just make them watch this episode.
Jan 25, 2023 4:52 AM
Feb 2021
one of the good eps ever made
Jan 25, 2023 7:38 AM

Feb 2019
How Miri finds it fun being in the middle of a gun fight is beyond incomprehensible. That child sure has no care in the world.

Jan 29, 2023 6:36 PM
Nov 2021
Boring Episode (FOR ME)
Only highlight (FOR ME) is when Kazuki carried his whole family and Miri is such a sweet heart ^^
I really want to see the episode where the family searches for a daycare, watched it in tiktok T_T
3/5 deffinetly better than the last episode (FOR ME)
Also, boring mission... 
Hated the opening, Ending song was peacefull (FOR ME)
Jan 31, 2023 8:36 AM

Apr 2016
To be completely fair, if the next episode isn't groundbreaking and super enjoyable, I'm gonna drop this. Miri way too annoying, Kazuki is extremely incompetent and I'm afraid Rei isn't enough for me to subject myself to this torture eleven more episodes.
Jan 31, 2023 9:30 AM
Aug 2019
Hilarious! Miri is a handful, but the chaos she brings to the 2 dads is a comedy goldmine.
Feb 3, 2023 5:21 AM

Oct 2017
I'm really liking Miri's antics and she's really adorable. Mission failed this time but they can do better.
Feb 3, 2023 8:42 PM
Jan 2023
Always use the toilet before you leave the house
Feb 3, 2023 11:50 PM

Feb 2019
Kid's got her cute moments, but she'll get them all killed eventually with her antics lol
Feb 4, 2023 3:14 PM

Jul 2022
god damn the art is so fricking awesome
i like it man
Feb 4, 2023 9:45 PM
Feb 2023
aku agak tidak suka dengan judulnya.
Feb 5, 2023 6:38 PM
Feb 2023
Mabe it wasn't that good as the first episode imo but still - not bad.
Feb 6, 2023 12:44 PM
Feb 2023
Incrível Muito bom miri chan é adorável
Feb 7, 2023 12:50 PM
Oct 2017
Miri is so annoyingggg
Feb 7, 2023 9:29 PM
Oct 2019
i liked this episode a little more than the first. the kid is just a kid. she's a lot like my nephew; he's awesome and adorable, but all that energy and attention can be exhausting. it's just the way it is

Feb 8, 2023 2:11 PM

Feb 2017
Man these guys are terrible at their jobs; taking a kid to the job site and without a cover story, standing out in the open during a gunfight, and no plan B when dealing with an insanely variable factor like a 4 yo.
๐˜ผ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก ๐™™๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ก๐™ก๐™จ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™—๐™ค๐™™๐™ฎ
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2023

292 by AkiraAnimes »»
Yesterday, 12:58 PM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2023

153 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 31, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2023

167 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 31, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2023

110 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 31, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2023

96 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 30, 11:14 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.