Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 6, 2022 4:16 PM
Oct 2019
Nice maded and chilling isekai. Looking fun
Oct 6, 2022 5:06 PM
Nov 2021
Arzetya said:
2 episodes well made, more wholesome scenes, Fran character development after she gains strength, hope it stays consistent doesn't become like an isekai-harem anime.

This is NOT a harem story, thankfully.
Oct 6, 2022 5:08 PM
Nov 2021
JurasTW said:
They skipped over the whole hunter-gatherer skill, how they worked towards it or anything at all, suggesting that they were able to make millions from what was collected basically over a few months.

I feel like this is too lighthearted for my taste. Some kind of magical girl opening, some kind of sad orhpan girl sitting in the rain ending. I expected much more when I was first introduced to this through the first trailer.

It's good quiality, but I really wished it was more gritty with more drama, with more emotions. With "show-dont tell" kind of approach. I wanted this to be a "new grimgar of fantasy and ash", or madoka, but it let me down.
First episode caught a giggle or two from me, but it all just became average.
Miki Shinichiro has such a nice dramatic voice, I wanted him to do a new Kaiki Deishuu here, but instead he is constantly doing the comedic exclamation. I'm going to watch it fully, but it all is just a 3/5 for me from now.

As you saw from the slaver death scene and the bully leg scene, they are not afraid to be a bit darker than you generic fantasy show. There are more of those moments throughout the season.
Oct 6, 2022 6:32 PM

Apr 2015
nice episode but stop asking me to comment
Oct 6, 2022 7:00 PM

Nov 2011
Fran and Teacher are such a good combo! I love it.

Damn Nell is a DIME!!!!

Good Lawd
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 6, 2022 7:13 PM
May 2021
me gusto sobre todo el, no hay que hacerla enojar
Oct 6, 2022 10:35 PM

Oct 2009
Man, this episode sure did kicked this show to a different gear of awesomeness.

The first episode was fine but this one here really was great. It's so nice to see more of Fran which she comes across so adorable and badass. Sure, Sword-kun gives her the helping hand but she can also hold her own against those thugs which you can't help but cheer her on and the soundtrack is blazing.

Loved that fight between her and the boss guy in the exam room... Fran and Sword-kun is quite duo.
Oct 6, 2022 11:22 PM
May 2009
Ragon_Qc said:

As you saw from the slaver death scene and the bully leg scene, they are not afraid to be a bit darker than you generic fantasy show. There are more of those moments throughout the season.

You mean the moment she goes "*glance* *his legs fall off* *they all laugh together and go separate ways*
-What happened?
-I just used sword's vibrations to use it without moving.
-wooooah, you're cool"
That was one of the weirdest, weakest and most cliché power trip moments of them all. She went from a slave to samurai jack in one episode. That is right after teacher scans and says that he is one of the weakest swords around in terms of power.
And they don't show gore as well, so its more like clay figures being cut. The guy with no legs almost laughed together with them.

Its as lighthearted as isekai go. No stakes at all. Not invested in any of the characters sadly. And i was fanboying for half a year, shaking in excitement when i saw that there were two episodes available.

Of course my expectations are my fault only. But even so, I can't get over how rushed it feels to me.
Oct 7, 2022 2:36 AM

May 2015
Fran has lived a tough life! Not sure how those ex-mercenaries thought they'd get away with robbing a cat-girl in broad daylight, but they didn't seem to be concerned with thinking at all! Glad Fran did them in. Although she has attracted the gaze of someone who can recognize intelligent swords! That will be interesting to see resolved!
Oct 7, 2022 2:46 AM
Apr 2012
very good anime for 15 character
Oct 7, 2022 3:35 AM
Jun 2021
Its good, and fast and
Oct 7, 2022 4:54 AM
Jan 2020
there pacing it very good i like it the loli and the virgin ojisan sword exciting
Oct 7, 2022 5:37 AM
Nov 2019
first Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken (2018)
Then Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? (2021)
Now Tensei shitara Ken Deshita (2022)
Oct 7, 2022 7:48 AM

May 2015
Lol, watched this episode without watching the first one and nothing felt amiss, only after it ended I noticed that it was the 2 episode :o
Kinda not so eager watching the previous one after this, but oh well... it doesn't seem like a bad show, though not sure if it'll be so interesting for me.
Oct 7, 2022 9:47 AM

May 2021
im loving fran so far, she is too cute (and hardworking?!). tsundere shishou also is cute. good episode.
Oct 7, 2022 10:07 AM

Jul 2021
Fran has lived a tough life! Not sure how those ex-mercenaries thought they'd get away with robbing a cat-girl in broad daylight, but they didn't seem to be concerned with thinking at all! Also the sword didn't do most of the work, Fran got a very interesting tactic and abilities in a short span of time.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Oct 7, 2022 11:57 AM
Dec 2019
I find this episode much better than the first one, this time we had a little bit more development, but in episode 1 everything was going on so fast that you couldn't care about the character, now everything is better :3
Oct 7, 2022 1:48 PM

Mar 2015
oh wow just what I wanted, another overpowered isekai where mc has no space for growth because they stomp all the content like its fucking nothing on episode 2. what an original fucking thing, we definitely don't get like 2-3 of those every damn season. and it even has cat ears mc. pogchamp or what
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Oct 7, 2022 2:46 PM
Feb 2021
Dans le même rythme que le premier avec une animation toujours au top
Aot GIFs | Tenor

Oct 7, 2022 3:27 PM
Nov 2021
pasanoid said:
oh wow just what I wanted, another overpowered isekai where mc has no space for growth because they stomp all the content like its fucking nothing on episode 2. what an original fucking thing, we definitely don't get like 2-3 of those every damn season. and it even has cat ears mc. pogchamp or what

They're not OP though, they wouldn't have been able to beat the examiner if he didn't give up cause it was simply an exam.
They're gonna meet plenty of allies and ennemies much stronger than them.
Oct 7, 2022 3:27 PM

Jul 2016
Progress about the FeMC and her master sword is nice. But the story so far is generic the animation is bad this episode with some parts good but overall not

Oct 7, 2022 3:57 PM
Apr 2022
Maybe it will get better in the next episode but so far to me it feels a lot like the rising of the shield hero if naofumi were a sword
Oct 7, 2022 4:14 PM
Feb 2020
I know that the fans won't care, but I appreciate that they specifically made the bond of Father-Daughter
And Fran can use those skills so easily already, I wonder how long before she ranks up
Oct 7, 2022 9:38 PM

Sep 2021
Fran continues to be cute, and she was so badass during the exam and when she was giving those rude mercenaries what they deserved.

Literally I just want to keep watching because I love the Fran + Shishou banter, it's still so good hearing Shinichiro Miki's voice come out of a talking sword~
I loved Nell and I hope we get to see her more in the future.

Also hoping that we see Fran + Shishou get outmatched later in the series, right now it seems like they just happen to have a skill for anything that comes their way. So it would be interesting to see what happens in more serious battle situations where the odds are really against them. Otherwise, I'm liking this way more than I thought I would when I picked it up just because the idea of a talking sword seemed funny.
Next episode Fran finally gets a real outfit, excited for that~

We can always go somewhere again.
✧✧✧✧✧✧
profilewatchingart credit

Oct 7, 2022 10:04 PM

Aug 2011
Why do I get the feeling fran transformation she's going to have big booba
Oct 7, 2022 10:05 PM

Nov 2019
Finally got to see the opening this time. The animation was a bit meh... but the song itself was a banger!

Also did she just chop his legs off...? An unexpected gore there.
Oct 7, 2022 10:11 PM

Mar 2015
Ragon_Qc said:
pasanoid said:

They're not OP though, they wouldn't have been able to beat the examiner if he didn't give up cause it was simply an exam.
I can pretty much guess where this is going already and that I'm not gonna like it any better. if you enjoy this good for you
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Oct 7, 2022 10:11 PM
Jul 2021
JurasTW said:
They skipped over the whole hunter-gatherer skill, how they worked towards it or anything at all, suggesting that they were able to make millions from what was collected basically over a few months.

I feel like this is too lighthearted for my taste. Some kind of magical girl opening, some kind of sad orhpan girl sitting in the rain ending. I expected much more when I was first introduced to this through the first trailer.

It's good quiality, but I really wished it was more gritty with more drama, with more emotions. With "show-dont tell" kind of approach. I wanted this to be a "new grimgar of fantasy and ash", or madoka, but it let me down.
First episode caught a giggle or two from me, but it all just became average.
Miki Shinichiro has such a nice dramatic voice, I wanted him to do a new Kaiki Deishuu here, but instead he is constantly doing the comedic exclamation. I'm going to watch it fully, but it all is just a 3/5 for me from now.

you cannot do that in any anime even overlord do super cut details.

want details read the source materials LN, you need reality check.
Oct 8, 2022 1:13 AM
Feb 2019
I am really enjoying the show so far.
Oct 8, 2022 1:25 AM
Nov 2021
pasanoid said:
Ragon_Qc said:

I can pretty much guess where this is going already and that I'm not gonna like it any better. if you enjoy this good for you

Aight that's too bad, have a nice day though.
Oct 8, 2022 1:29 AM
Jul 2022
hgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
Oct 8, 2022 2:53 AM
Feb 2020
it is a good episode
Oct 8, 2022 5:22 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Solid episode with a nice oped, that load some interesting characters behind.

First town, and all weapon surely had their own uniqueness. But ofc Shisou is absolutely better, with that 'intelligence' title, right? Fran sure is a good child, but looking at her determination with those sharp eyes, ill cheers on you for achieving your goal, mofumimi.

Alright, ill give this a go!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 8, 2022 6:11 AM

Jan 2012
Pretty fun, action-packed and Fran is cute. Fine show.
Oct 8, 2022 10:04 AM
Oct 2020
i like this episode more than ep 1
Oct 8, 2022 10:27 AM

May 2021
Still has the usual people impressed by OP power and guild stuff but at least there might be a father-daughter dynamic in the works.

Oct 8, 2022 1:54 PM

Jul 2015
This is dumb af but I can't stop watching it save me
Have a healthy, happy, day of hilarity!

[font="\"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.[/font]

Oct 8, 2022 2:18 PM
Oct 2020
Her evolution is too terrifying
Oct 8, 2022 3:56 PM

Nov 2013
Liked this episode more than the 1st. Still a generic Isekai though.
Oct 8, 2022 6:34 PM

Feb 2018
Looks like we're going down the typical route for most isekai's, but that's not to say that what we've seen so far hasn't been entertaining.
Hoping to see a lot more progress with Fran.
Also, so satisfying seeing those thugs put in their place.
Oct 8, 2022 7:04 PM
Feb 2013
Español: Es una muy buena adaptación de la Novela, tiene algunos ajustes narrativos típicos de una obra tan completa como lo fue la novela y que son difíciles de consolidar en un anime si no se realizan dichos cambios. Por lo demás, la narrativa esta casi intacta y la animación es de Muy buena calidad. Para mi esta es la obra que mas esperaba para esta temporada. Ahora se viene lo chido!!!!
Oct 8, 2022 11:53 PM

Dec 2021
man this is gonna be one of the most underrated anime in this eason
Oct 9, 2022 12:00 AM

May 2013
Much better than episode 1 imo. Opening was jammin, fights lookin good already, and Fran is adorable.
Oct 9, 2022 1:10 AM
Jul 2018
Fran & sword chemistry is really good and it truly feel like the sword is teaching Fran everything he finds a proper situation and obviously can't forget that Fran is a fast learner. The new girl Nell's nature is amusing. Really good episode. I'm looking forward to her new costume and how master will hide him from fat swordsmith.
Oct 9, 2022 2:00 AM

Jun 2019
Fran is so small and adorable. I hope she stays this way. And, she needs to be protected at all costs. Now we've joined the Adventurer's Guild.
Oct 9, 2022 4:37 AM

Oct 2022
This episode was nice! We got to see more of Fran and the sword's relationship plus the battles were pretty cool. The "I'm an adventurer" part reminded me of Ash holding his Gym Badge every time he won one xD.
Oct 9, 2022 7:55 AM
Mar 2022
fun and cool..............................
Oct 9, 2022 9:58 AM
Dec 2020
Funny funny funny funny ep
Oct 9, 2022 10:53 AM
Mar 2020
nell is relatable >.>
Oct 9, 2022 12:29 PM
Jul 2018
Fran & Shishou might be the duo of the fall season. Then again it's a little too early to decide but imo they are up there.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2022

373 by ST63LTH »»
May 1, 8:16 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2022

169 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 17, 12:20 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2022

83 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 17, 11:58 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2022

83 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 17, 10:33 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2022

99 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 17, 10:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.