Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 17, 2022 1:31 PM
Jul 2021
Good stuff all I say
Sep 17, 2022 1:32 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
EcchiGodMamster said:

have to disagree with both, ill be disappointed if she DOESN'T die and if Majima does

why?

this show has had many of us scared for the ending, yet nothing super crazy has happened yet, they don't even really show any of the lycoris die, its like theyre trying really hard NOT to kill any of the girls, what a good twist it would be if they do kill her

we barely even know whats going on with Alan or DA or why some characters are even bad

Majima is 100x more interesting than pretty much anyone expect Chisato and Takina, we don't even know his backstory, so it'd be pretty stupid to kill him off last episode or even focus the last ep on whats going on with him as that wouldnt really be much of an ending

Hmm... Well, I don't believe Chisato will die, or she'll kill Majima. It's entirely possible they'll both survive. The atmosphere of the anime has turned too "cute" and "censored" for it to have a tragic ending IMO. I see your point though; tragic endings make shows more memorable, though it can also ruin everything if poorly executed. Call it plot twist if you like but IMO it will be like an extremely poorly executed "GOTCHA!" moment if Chisato can't be saved after all. I may have PTSD there. "Subverted expectations" moment akin to disastrous "star wars" new trilogy... ugh, please no forced drama.

I can't really think of a satisfying conclusion to the story in just 1 episode (if Chisato dies). There will be some fighting, conclusion to the fight, then all the drama, characters meeting up (Mika, Kurumi), final words, dying, time skip, "new Chisato" arrive in LycoRico; moving on. It would be extremely rushed and anticlimactic IMO. Would be better if they don't kill anyone (yet) and make season 2 perhaps. Chisato carries the show. Yeah, Majima and Takina are interesting but without Chisato the continuation may (IMO likely) will not be as popular given how the plot is pretty mediocre.

Yea, there's like 20 questions they need to answer, like howtf there's even ppl who are superhuman in the first place

And yea.. considering how the show is carried heavily by Chisato and the bond w Takina, not to mention the male lilybel grudge they probably won't kill her

Again.. what's Majimas deal?

Idk, kinda lame if they built up all this fear just not give us a happy ending, if anything can save the ending from being mediocre at least do something sad
Sep 17, 2022 1:44 PM
Aug 2022
episode 12 was by far the weakest, most irritating of the bunch. This episode had the climax of the show hinging on it and for some reason it felt like a bunch of contrived bullshit put together. Maybe it was because the no killing rule chisato has doesn't feel compelling enough that it could be used as a dilemma. Or that the fight between takina and the villains' lackey wasn't completely shown. Or maybe its because of the false sense of urgency chisato has with her life and the substitute heart being a macguffin that exists solely to be takina's motivation to kill the bad guy.

I knew this would end up being a drama in the end but I didn't expect the action to get cut short sooner. Not even half in the episode and the problem already disappeared.. or resolved, whatever way you call it, now we're back to the upbeat tone.
Sep 17, 2022 1:49 PM

Apr 2020
5/5 episode, that moment where chisato stopped takina from shooting yoshi almost made me cry. The way they became so close over time. Great episode!! Can't wait to see how it ends
Sep 17, 2022 1:50 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
You have two girls, the best of friends; one values human life above all else, while the other is the grim reaper

NYANPASU
5700XT

Sep 17, 2022 1:51 PM

Jan 2009
What a great episode. I really need Chisato to live, I don't think I can handle her dying.
Sep 17, 2022 1:54 PM

Mar 2014
jesus the fight between chisato and majima should have been ended already.
now the quarrel gets expanded for the sake of what? the intense has already been gone though as it ends the way exactly like the previous ep.
Sep 17, 2022 2:00 PM
Apr 2020
Wow that episode felt longer than it actually was. A lot happened including Chisato and Takina defeating Majime rather quickly, Lycoris about to get shut down and eradicated by lilly bells and lilly bells finally making an appearance in the show, Robota getting taken down by Walnut (forgot her actual name) and then Lycoris no longer needing to be shut down in a bit of a cliche way. Then that sudden but somewhat predictable ending when everything turned slo-mo and Majima appeared yet again. Final episode looking to be full of emotions and would likely end this series as this show does feel like a single season show with Chisato's heart being a major plot point that she will unfortunately but likely pass.

Looking forward to next week.
Sep 17, 2022 2:01 PM

Sep 2020
So many things happened in this episode, a bit too fast, but the ending is the final fight of Chisato and Majima, also kind of want them to explain more about the old tower incident.
Sep 17, 2022 2:42 PM

Jan 2021
My biggest complain about the epsidoe is probably the cover up for the Lycoris thing lmao, it's pretty braindead, but a lot of parts of the series has been this way, so at this point makes sense they keep doing it. I doubt Chisato will die, but let's see what will happen in the last episode.

Jun 2021
So Chisato will die or not?
Aug 2019
DrasticXD said:
Ok putting the cover up aside, am I really the only one that thought something was up when chisato's bag at the end of the episode is very clearly thrown into view of the closing elevator? It's not like the bag just flew on its own, something had to have moved it and chisato just walks out and starts talking about the keychain (when she very easily should've noticed majima to her side before he started shooting. Not a world-ending flaw or anything but that scene just seemed weird in how it played out to me. Looking forward to the finale!

I mean, did you noticed how calm she was after the doors closed? She totally knew that Majima was there. Or that's my theory, at least lol.

Sep 17, 2022 3:01 PM
Jul 2021
Everything is resolved a little too conveniently. Still somewhat enjoyable and worth a 7/10, but honestly the "dark" moments lasted barely 5 seconds. The girls, including all the lycoris were put into a desperate situation, but no one really died because World's No.1 Hacker and No.1 operative are both on their side. I wonder how the final episode will resolve the Chisato heart crisis.
Sep 17, 2022 3:03 PM

Jul 2022
damn, chisato can't catch a break
and yoshimatsu sucks
Sep 17, 2022 3:03 PM
Apr 2021
Pls pls pls I hope Chisato doesn’t die at the end they just can’t do that😭🙁 but HOLY FUCK Takina when she’s in rage mode is scary asf but badass asf too and and slightly hot too😮‍💨
Sep 17, 2022 3:23 PM
Oct 2021
Lmao there's just a part of the room that apparently gets no light whatsoever so Majima can just get out of sigh. Yeah ok show. Too bad he forgot about Chisato's existance for a moment and lost, oh well.

So was mr.evil-government-director just going to send a bunch of Lilybells to kill all the Lycorises, while the cameras were still broadcasting? Great, the existance of Lilybells would've been exposed and we would've needed to dispose of them too. Genius!

Takina, shoot the gun out of Yoshi's hand, just like you did in ep 6 with Majima! nah it's fine. We need that gun to give Chisato a choice later.

So Takina reveals that Yoshi was behind everything, something we already knew but Chisato didn't. This is the guy that caused this entire incident, costing countless lives, but that never occurs to Chisato. Uwu I can't kill him, b**** you can tie him up like you did with Majima ffs. Nah we just let terrorist funders walk freely in this show.

Yoshi tells them the heart is in his chest, and they believe him. At least check the fucking case first ffs.
I love that Takina doesn't even put up a fight against that woman. She just jumps down, kicks her in the chest and Takina and Chisato just allow that to happen. And then that same woman gets defeated so easily by Chisato, and then Takina apparently fights her and loses, but doesn't die(just bleeding from the head it's nothing), then Chisato defeats her without even looking.Then Takina, the master shooter misses 7 shots on stationary targets.
Fight scenes in this anime are, like everything else, a load of nonsense.

Takina ties a man's neck, cutting his breath and killing him. YAY

The scene where Kurumi convinces the entire city everything was okay made me lose a few braincells.
The scene where Lilybells open fire on Chisato and not hit a single bullet made me lose a lot more of my braincells. LMAO you can hear the gunfire continue as he's talking to the director.
And the end scene made me lose whatever left of my braincells.

Sep 17, 2022 3:32 PM
Apr 2022
it was okay I guess, I would've liked it if chisato actually killed him instead, as when they were getting f up mentally was nicely done and that would've made it even better.
Sep 17, 2022 3:47 PM
Jan 2022
What to say, except I really like the payoff for now. Let's pray for a secons season.
Sep 17, 2022 3:58 PM
Jan 2021
Opportunity for a second season and "edit the story at will" drama will grow as we learn that 'the people who produce here, have something to do with Sword Art Online series before."
Sep 17, 2022 3:58 PM

Sep 2021
I thought I had somewhat of an idea how Ep 12 & 13 would go (Fight Majima, then Yoshi, save Chisato and some happy end), given the pacing was rather slow in the last 2-3 episodes. It was a great suprise to see so much more packed into this episode and I currently have no idea what will happen next.

Chisato and Takina finished Majima way faster than I expected. Abusing his super ears to knock him out was so cool! The fight with Yoshi and Himegama was even better. So many split-second decisions and the personalities of Yoshi, Chisato and especially Takina really got to shine.
The only thing I was missing was the fight Himegama vs. Takina. But maybe they keep her in the dark for next episode or Season 2. She seems to be just as, if not even more cruel and cunning than Yoshi.

The second part had some nice scenes with Fuki, Sakura, Erika and Kusunoki. I always thought they had too much personality for how little screentime they got.
I really didn't expect LilyBell here either. With their commanders trying to kill Chisato and their squad leader apperantly holding a grudge against her, I'm starting to hope for a season two to expand this storyline. Chisato kinda needs to get a heart for that though.
Kurumi resolving the chaos and playing Pac-Man / Tetris to save the Lycoris was also amazing. And it brought some nice comedy, which I appreciated in the tense atmosphere.

And for the final "cliffhanger overlapped with the amazing ending song" scene (I really love those!), Majima is back. I guess he was saved by Yoshi. I wonder if he stands a chance against Chisato now. There is no Takina, but he also can't take her vision this time.

Can't wait for the final episode now. I have no idea what's going to happen, I just hope it's as good as this week's and ends with Chisato alive and and, ideally, announcement for season 2. Not that I'd call it "bad writing" if Chisato dies - I just really want more content - and that requires Chisato to live!
Sep 17, 2022 4:23 PM

May 2020
man, we almost had both

a.) takina killing to save chisato
b.) chisato killing to save takina

kinda feels like they half assed the ending instead of fully commiting. which sucks. guess we get a 2nd season
Sep 17, 2022 4:25 PM

Jan 2021
I felt what Takina was feeling, and the expressions she made really drove it home.

The past few weeks have had me scared as hell for the ending, and I don't know if I'm ready for next week

Sep 17, 2022 4:25 PM
Jun 2022
Chisato stared at a boy she apparently did not know, it is obvious that they will be a couple in a hypothetical second season :)
Sep 17, 2022 4:47 PM
Sep 2021
Just amazing no words to describe this piece of art
Sep 17, 2022 4:49 PM
Mar 2022
Chisato offering her cafe uniform to Fuki was so heartbreaking, it really shows how much she cares about her.
Sep 17, 2022 5:53 PM

Feb 2017
No context on yoshimatsu's ideals, how he joined alan, why he thinks the way he does, nothing... and that "nothing" makes the whole situation in this episode... WORTHLESS.

BTW dafuq is up with all the people believing that everything was just a "play". such copout
Sep 17, 2022 5:58 PM
Nov 2019
The stuff with Chisato, Takina, and Mr. Yoshi was great. Yoshi forcing Chisato to make a choice to either kill him or die, and Takina trying to kill him herself to save Chisato is the most invested I've been so far.
Sep 17, 2022 6:30 PM
Mar 2021
This show is a masterpiece at this point. The voice acting and the animation are so good that I don't even care about a couple of minor plot holes here and there. The first half of the episode was emotional and hit really hard, then the second half was badass and action-packed. I'm sad this is all over in a week.
Sep 17, 2022 6:33 PM

Aug 2017
So the entire thing about the Lycoris being exposed is now a big prank just because some short tv announcement told them. Two people died in a public space in the previous episode! Bad writing.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 17, 2022 6:48 PM

Aug 2021
that was pretty good
Sep 17, 2022 6:55 PM
Jul 2021
Idk it was alright
Sep 17, 2022 8:18 PM

Dec 2021
This episode just show peak performance for both Takina and Chisato and this is just crazy with Yoshimatsu playing around Chisato's principles of not to kill anyone. Sure Chisato did a non lethal shot on Yoshimatsu using live rounds but this must have hurt her psychologically. She does need to learn how to use live rounds in a non lethal way e.g. incapacitating her opponent without killing.

Takina really did great as she really wants to do whatever it takes to save Chisato's life even if it means killing Yoshimatsu and get the heart. Can't wait for the next episode and the finale hope lets wrap this up with a bang and please live Chisato, Takina.
Sep 17, 2022 8:20 PM

Feb 2019
Now this episode of lycoreco is what y’all thought last week was. Absolute masterclass . The sakuga during the chisato and takina v yoshi and assassin waifu fight was awesome
Sep 17, 2022 8:38 PM

Oct 2011
One of the most enjoyable anime I have seen in recent years. I did NOT expect to love this as much as I do. I wish it was 24 episodes. *cries*
Sep 17, 2022 8:41 PM
Sep 2022
Great Episode!....Takina and Kurumi cute this episode as well
Sep 17, 2022 8:59 PM
Jan 2018
The way they tried to (and succeed to) encover the Lycoris was just so dumb that I just don't believe that they actually did it. If this wasn't the penultimate episode I would drop the anime on this one!
Sep 17, 2022 9:12 PM
Jul 2020
terrific episode !!!
Sep 17, 2022 9:28 PM
Oct 2019
Wow they flip the Lycoris exposed as an Event? holy shit that's how Media controlling the Narrative.

oh boy next week Season Finale Chisato vs Majima for the last time!!
Sep 17, 2022 9:30 PM

Nov 2015
LittleWhiteHerz said:
DrasticXD said:
Ok putting the cover up aside, am I really the only one that thought something was up when chisato's bag at the end of the episode is very clearly thrown into view of the closing elevator? It's not like the bag just flew on its own, something had to have moved it and chisato just walks out and starts talking about the keychain (when she very easily should've noticed majima to her side before he started shooting. Not a world-ending flaw or anything but that scene just seemed weird in how it played out to me. Looking forward to the finale!

I mean, did you noticed how calm she was after the doors closed? She totally knew that Majima was there. Or that's my theory, at least lol.

And how Chisato and Majima greeted one another with a "Yo", neither one surprised in the slightest to see the other. Chisato knew exactly who had thrown that bag, and then went after it to face Majima.
Risk something, take back what's yours
Say something they know they might attack you for.
--Linkin Park, "Hands Held High"
Sep 17, 2022 9:36 PM

Mar 2008
Great episode. Sincerely hope Chisato doesn't die, that'd be devastating.
Sep 17, 2022 9:46 PM
Mar 2018
10/10 episode couldn't ask for more
Sep 17, 2022 9:59 PM

Aug 2014
Ohh, final showdown Chisato vs Majima
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Sep 17, 2022 10:30 PM

Jan 2011
CickNipolla said:
man, we almost had both

a.) takina killing to save chisato
b.) chisato killing to save takina

kinda feels like they half assed the ending instead of fully commiting. which sucks. guess we get a 2nd season

typically in the no killing crowd but for a mid-climax i would've supported either of these for a pretty wild outcome but got neither, nobody actually thought majima would've been put out of the game before the op started

anyho
didn't actually think they would still go through with the classic it was just a movie you guys cover up would've bought it a bit if they didn't already show how many guns were out in the open and people have already died hard to do a media shut down when that's all going down but again it's the one really silly thing about this arc, that and the DA's highers up plan to get rid of all the exposed girls was to send in the boys club which thankfully due to walnut the feeds were already cut because wouldn't had just shown the boys doing the exact same thing lol

also why isn't majima's plan also exposing the boys is there some other reason why they arent regarded in the same way as Lycoris hope this show lands it's ending because i doubt it's gonna be the last of this with how much traction of fandom it's garnished
Sep 17, 2022 10:56 PM

Aug 2019
Some intense moments this ep, even after Chisato's words of thanks Shinji is still willing to push her for his crazed idea of "saving" humans by using Chisato's time to kill as many as possible. Again she never wanted or chose any of this, with Lycoris picking up orphans and training them to be killer, forcing Chisato into a situation where her idol forces her to kill others now himself, the fact she can still smile through all this is amazing
Shinji interestingly put the heart in himself, whether be to force Chisato's hand or cus he needs it himself, his true colours are shown as he calls her a doll and dude sounds more like a sociopath by the minute.

I thought they explained Chisato's ideology well here, she dosen't want to kill anyone, values all life and forcing her into a killer will just negatively impact her character. Sure it'll "develop" her character, and i could probably guess the result being she'll just turn into a shell of herself with the only thing remaining of her forma self is just her training.

Loved Takina this ep, the literal raw emotion you could feel as she screams and mag dumps in the direction of Shinji for what he did to Chisato and how fucked hes treating her. Compare that to ep1 and thats some good character growth. The two ideological clashes between Chisato and Takina was heartbreaking as well. Takina just wants Chisato to live, Chisato can't let Takina kill Shinji cus hes a icon to her and because of her beliefs.

Kurumi's great comeback as she finds Robota and gets the police on him, covers up the Lycoris leak that stops LilyBell attack on them and returns the populace to relevant peace.
Was surprised how the populace soaked it up as fake news, but i guess that goes to show how much copium they intake to think that everything is always ok in this country. I'm also sure witnesses and evidence alike will get liquidated after 24 hrs now that Lycoris is back, probably gonna continue doing their same morally grey actions but be even harsher now.
Sep 17, 2022 11:13 PM
Jan 2019
NTAD said:
I'm making a prediction so hear me out.

I don't know how many people were paying attention at the end but I'm pretty sure one of Majima's shots made it through the balloon. And someone was hit.
I think it's Fuki...and I think she's mortally wounded. And I also think it's going to turn out that her heart is a match for Chisato.

Any takers?

That sounds like a decent theory. I was expecting someone to have been shot there too, but once I saw Takina was fine I didn't think about it again.
Sep 17, 2022 11:19 PM

Sep 2017
The cleaners were shite. Should have handcuffed majima or whatever.

Cookies or something. The remind of crumbable cookies. I hope they crumb to dust

People in Lycoryco future show an alarming rate of turning off their IQs far quicker than the writers of Rise of Skywalker.

Oh, yeah, they just didnt spend too much money, they spent too many innocent lives and lives of civilians gunned down by lycoris last episode and lives of lycoris dead in assault.

It is not like there were zero causalities anyways. They are pretending like this is age of ultron or some shit where nobody died in the filming of the lycoris or some bullshit.

Dunno how they were able to make a video on short notice. Not to mention how kurumi was able to instantly hack. Just plot convenience at finest.

Also, pretty stupid of Chisato to just go run off to take her suitcase when it is evident someone threw it as bait. Might as well tell her a sign "come here to die". and suddenly we also have bullet airbags apparently.

And yeah, everything is excused coz it is lycoris attraction, even though there was way too much gory image not safe for kids and disturbing images. what next, trump gets elected president of japan?

noob takina couldnt understand chisato's no kill mindset after all this time. What was she gonna do, rip yoshi's heart out and give it to chisato and hope she accepts it? smh.

yeah this shit is getting a lightnovel adaptation for the yuri bait as well. I guess I shouldnt be surprised. Entertainment these days has achieved a new low even a story typewritten by a bunch of donkeys can get a billion dollars. What psycho pass used as a central crux of its theme gets used as a punchline just for shit and giggles here.

Last episode next week. Can't wait to see what flock of crap drops off the behind of lycoris next.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Sep 17, 2022 11:20 PM
Jul 2020
The emphasis of this episode is so crispy. The fight scenes of Majima and Chisato are dope. And as usual Walnut is a genius. She is controlling the whole Enkuboku building whiling sitting and chatting.
Sep 17, 2022 11:21 PM
Jan 2021
Dunnas said:
NTAD said:
I'm making a prediction so hear me out.

I don't know how many people were paying attention at the end but I'm pretty sure one of Majima's shots made it through the balloon. And someone was hit.
I think it's Fuki...and I think she's mortally wounded. And I also think it's going to turn out that her heart is a match for Chisato.

Any takers?

That sounds like a decent theory. I was expecting someone to have been shot there too, but once I saw Takina was fine I didn't think about it again.

That sounds making sense ...
Sep 17, 2022 11:21 PM
Jul 2018
Wait is it chisato purposely meet majima ? Because she's so calm when the bag is thrown up
Sep 18, 2022 12:07 AM
Jul 2022
The first part was a bit anti-climatic but the rest has the same impact as the first episode.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2022

444 by scooter_ing »»
May 20, 4:51 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2022

209 by SuperAdventure »»
May 11, 5:58 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2022

222 by SuperAdventure »»
May 11, 5:25 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2022

304 by xiiraito »»
May 4, 9:07 AM

» Why is there so many visually repulsive characters in Lycoris Recoil Recoil? ( 1 2 3 )

Shizuna - Jan 29, 2023

120 by Spunkert »»
May 1, 6:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.