Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 14, 2022 12:57 AM

May 2020
finally, we got short-haired Riko
saw in the op that she had cut her hair and was wondering when it would happen
and regs new form looks pretty cool
can't wait for the ganja squad backstory next ep

Aug 14, 2022 7:43 AM

Sep 2017
Ye the luring felt kinda random in the manga as well. It's like oh shit we need to ge Nanachi back but hold that thought because "village festivities" are happening rn. Well the flashback stuff will be picking up back next episode so I'm super excited for that. Can't rly remember if there's too much for one episode or not but they did already animate a little of it in ep 1.
Aug 14, 2022 8:00 AM

Jun 2019
These past two episodes especially have felt too rushed and slapped together wildly for my tastes. I feel like there isn't enough either build-up or time spent in the aftermath to appreciate any one scene or event. The characters were never the strongest suit, but were/are serviceable, yet them being split apart for the majority of several episodes doesn't even give you those interactions to derive pleasure from.

The first season was a 7/10 for me and so far (in virtual headspace - I don't actually officially physically rate anything until when/if full completion has been seen through) this has been about a 6/10.
Aug 14, 2022 9:17 AM

Mar 2020
WatchTillTandava said:
These past two episodes especially have felt too rushed and slapped together wildly for my tastes. I feel like there isn't enough either build-up or time spent in the aftermath to appreciate any one scene or event. The characters were never the strongest suit, but were/are serviceable, yet them being split apart for the majority of several episodes doesn't even give you those interactions to derive pleasure from.

The first season was a 7/10 for me and so far (in virtual headspace - I don't actually officially physically rate anything until when/if full completion has been seen through) this has been about a 6/10.

them cutting away pieces of dialog doesn't help
Aug 14, 2022 11:07 AM

Nov 2012
For some reason I was expecting Reg to take his arm and reattach it effortlessly in his "whistled" form.
Loved Kaja's transformation! motorcycle grasshopper thing. Too bad he can't leave. He'd be real convenient on their travels.
I hoe they get Nanachi back.
Aug 15, 2022 6:15 AM
Jul 2022
shit is about to get serius
Aug 15, 2022 7:00 AM
Dec 2019
It was cool seeing Riko taking charge and leading the people to beat the monster. Reg's metal turned white which I'm guessing is a power up from the white whistle, looks interesting.
Aug 15, 2022 7:43 PM
Sep 2016
always like the new of episode
Aug 16, 2022 3:46 PM

Nov 2009
For a good second (or majority of earlier episodes)

I thought Kaja was evil or something... with how SUS he looks and dos...

But apparently he actually SAVED Riko. I guess he wasn't all that SUS... just a bit SUS.

___ ___ ___

And then they get attacked by a giant floating purple jelly thing... Then Riko used her knowledge to set up a trap and defeat it. (sorta)

Tho, Riko's poor hair...

LOL @ the Sage that was at the Restaurant... he's being all "party personality". And he knows about the creature... even tho previously no one knows what the creature is...

___ ___ ___

And now it looks like Vueko is about to reveal the truth about the "Golden City"? (aka the 6th layer/ village)

I still wonder how they're going to get Nanachi back... hope it doesn't end up with Vueko sacrificing herself... like all the previous people Riko meets...

Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Aug 21, 2022 3:02 AM
Aug 2021
Stark700 said:
Nanachi's loyalty is admirable.

I love the chemistry this episode and Mitty is easily becoming among one of my favorites in this season with her personality and overall character. I also think this episode did a decent job at its world fiction elements.

The difficult decision Riko had to make was also quite tense.
not that there's an issue at all, did anyone notice Reg's helmet color change and his complexion is darker this episode? just threw me off for a second lol
Aug 23, 2022 2:59 AM

Sep 2011
The focus on the village this season as a singular setting has done wonders in terms of world building, even with how fucked up the village itself is there was a real attachment to seeing it in danger.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 24, 2022 5:10 PM

Feb 2022
joder que buen anime wow
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Aug 25, 2022 4:48 AM

Jun 2019
Man... that was so scary. Riko helped defeat that thing but when it took Maa... I almost died. I don't want any of them dying. That was about to be very sad.
Aug 25, 2022 9:34 PM
Apr 2022
Story is a bit confusing. but everything so far looks incredible and intresting
Aug 28, 2022 8:01 PM
Aug 2021
People would say last season that Riko was just getting carried by powerful allies but FINALLY she did something awesome on her own! Reg showed up but barely made a difference!, great episode!
Aug 31, 2022 12:01 PM
May 2020
one long ahh fight. but man the white whistle sure is something
Sep 3, 2022 12:17 PM

Mar 2010
I love listening to Veako speak.. she just puts me at peace.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 9, 2022 8:21 AM

Apr 2021
Riko is such a shut in.
Sep 9, 2022 10:01 AM
Jan 2015
interesting good epiusode
Sep 13, 2022 7:21 AM
Sep 2021
Una obra maestra sin duda alguna
Sep 29, 2022 6:55 PM
Nov 2018
this episode was simple in the sense of not having too much in quantity, but DAMN, it had in quality, to starters, I loved to see Rikko planning how to take down a monster she never saw before only by observing and comparing it to previous monsters and knowledge she already had, and I love that she gathered an army for her plan, that she used the language, which is something I want more and more in this and later seasons, and lastly, if one of my friends is reading this, I also love her short hair. Not only that but we also got Prushka back, and I wasn't expecting that the artisan jacked off by polishing Prushka, even in stone format, this author sure wants to be classified as a pedo sometimes lol, oh well, that's life; and lastly, MY GOD REG, YOU LOOK SO GOOD IN WHITE, Rikko finally using Prushka to her full potential is something that I wasn't expecting, and damn, that was an amazing scene. Lastly, just some things that I want to comment on, I love Vueko, she's so cute, and I can't wait to be deeply disturbed with her, I love that the solution for Belaf's trade is the embodiment of Value itself, and I hate myself to not think of it sooner, and I can't wait to see what's next after that ending
Oct 1, 2022 4:31 AM
Aug 2020
I hope this episode will put the "Riko is useless" crowd to rest.
Oct 2, 2022 1:20 PM

Sep 2020
We see how a while whistle works, interesting that Regu's helmet turns white. There seem to be a lot of things about the place that are still unknown.
Oct 11, 2022 2:30 AM

Jan 2021
Prushka. Prushka. Prushkaaaaa!!! My girl. I cried when she appeared in her human form even though it wasn't real T---T and also I'm so proud of Riko for cutting her hair and making a good plan. Thanks Prushka, Riko, Reg, even Maa and Majikaja too! Now let's hear Vueko's story about Irumyuui (and Reg and Faputa too) ~

Nov 8, 2022 4:56 PM
Jan 2021
I love the sense of mystery in the creatures and concepts
JojoJamsey
Jan 8, 2023 11:34 PM

Jun 2020
Regu wants to go see Faputa again.. I’m sure all he wants is a nice talk and nothing else

Jan 31, 2023 4:37 PM
Jul 2017
riko's white whistle activation was sick. I wish the fight scene was more epic.

We're about to see the back story
Feb 12, 2023 5:07 PM

Feb 2018
Did the jeweller said that he had an orgasm polishing.. Pruska? wth lmao. Glad that Maaa and rest of the fellas made it. Damn Reg made one cool entrance alright!
Apr 6, 2023 3:20 AM

Mar 2015
Omg I was so sad I thought Maa was gonna die!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 18, 2023 8:51 PM

Feb 2019
Maaaa maaaaa maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ma
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Jun 18, 2023 8:53 PM

Feb 2019
Kap92 said:
Did the jeweller said that he had an orgasm polishing.. Pruska? wth lmao. Glad that Maaa and rest of the fellas made it. Damn Reg made one cool entrance alright!
yes he did and that's the subtext.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Aug 6, 2023 8:08 AM

Jan 2022
Kaja is pretty cool and can transform. Thank god they were able to take care of the purple slime 
This never updates so that's cool
Aug 23, 2023 4:07 PM
May 2020
Big Fight, confused how and why they had it (how was it of value), Riku's white whistle is finished and has been blown for the first time, the whistle seems to give Reg a brief power up, and we are finally getting back to the story of the suicide squad next episode!
Aug 23, 2023 4:08 PM
May 2020
I need to rewatch this though... why did she cut her hair again?  Who did she trade it with?
Dec 9, 2023 8:52 AM

Nov 2023
Still feel bad for Prushka...
Feb 14, 12:46 PM

Apr 2021
It was good, Riko was very intelligent in preparing the monster "queen's" counterattack, she was eating everyone. great script. Reg turned a different color after the whistle blew, yes, Riko is capable.
Feb 20, 12:14 PM

Jun 2019
After Dark Reg, do we now have Super Saiyan Reg? In the end, Riko decided to sell something, but thankfully, Kaja was there to stop her from doing this foolishness.
All the villagers decided to unite and listen to Riko to stop the monster. It was wonderful to see the villagers in a better light and realize that they are real people. Riko and Reg needed to gain the trust of the village, and this feat helped them do so.
What about Faputa? Are they going to amputate something from her? Will Reg have to surrender her? Although there is probably much more connection between them in the past?
I think in the next episode, it will finally be time for the backstory of the village. I can't wait! Hype! (Also, I've reached the halfway point of the season, I wonder if they will change the location from the village?)
Mar 31, 7:24 PM

Dec 2021
fella absolutely deserved to disintegrate like that after saying something so uncalled for....
its been bad when it happened before, but these sexual jokes are really getting worseee.... arghh :((
Apr 12, 8:18 AM

Mar 2024
RIP in pieces pigtails
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2022

246 by Puncheon »»
May 29, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2022

407 by RubyDaly69 »»
May 18, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xenocrisi - Jul 6, 2022

251 by limberwisk »»
May 10, 8:22 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Aug 17, 2022

286 by Matheus050 »»
Apr 22, 4:26 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Jul 13, 2022

184 by asbest0sdust »»
Apr 20, 9:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.