Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Detective Is Already Dead
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 11, 2021 5:45 PM

Jun 2021
joexmdq said:
I found the first episode somewhat interesting, but this one was disappointing. Weird interactions, dialogue, actions.

Yo_ItsVeer said:

I was going to say the same thing
He's overreacting
If you don't like then don't watch it...
Zarathul said:

Stupid haters too stupid for this obvious solution

Don't want to sound rude but, are you fanboys that only knows to say "how dare you not like the show I like, shut up!"? Wouldn't be better if you try to tackle the points he made instead of just ignore them with the classic "don't like it, don't watch it". How is people supposed to critique something if they don't watch it?

What the hell are you talking about
I just wrote that
If you don't like it then don't watch it
Jul 11, 2021 6:01 PM

Aug 2018
Pretty strange episode, we’ll see how it goes next week.
Jul 11, 2021 6:28 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Maybe I am just in a foul mood, but I found this episode rather annoying for several reasons:
The hand in the mouth, I would be biting down on said hand and drawing blood before anyone could cause me to choke.... sorry it's reaction

The boob hug from a heart transplant, go Google heart transplant scars and you will see why the "new detective" does not have the scars that go with this operation, the low cut fan service outfits wouldn't look like this

I still like the MC but not so much the new body shell of the old detective. She is annoying. Maybe it will improve next episode....or maybe I am just in a bad mood.
Jul 11, 2021 6:43 PM
Sep 2019
Like i didn't see that coming omg
Jul 11, 2021 6:48 PM

Feb 2020
still mediocre, guess I'll give it one most episode
Jul 11, 2021 6:55 PM

Jul 2008
Ugh....I'm already feeling like this will get dropped.
Killed Siesta? Introduced uninteresting new girl?
You expect this Android guy to remember EVERY heart he's listened to? That was your plan?

Started at a 7 with eps 1. Down to maybe a 5 or 6 as of now.
Jul 11, 2021 7:27 PM

Nov 2017
I can sense blonde girl from grisaria vibe in this nagi nagi...

And yet, it right to my heart
Now Loading.....
Jul 11, 2021 7:50 PM
Oct 2015
Syureria said:
Together with her, they played an adventure drama for 3 years.

2nd heroine has joined the game, Natsunagi. Even though Natsunagi forced Kimihiko to do things by force, it seems that Kimihiko give up with her. Natsunagi asks about detectives, and the rumors say that Kimihiko is a detective. Even Natsunagi doesn't hesitate to hurt Uvula? Is that the organ in the mouth? I heard Natsunagi said (のどちんこ) hhmm... I thought it was male banana, lol. Despite doing dogeza, Kimihiko just gave up and accepted Natsunagi. In return, oppai hugs are obtained. Natsunagi saw the news article, it was a man who turned on a child, Natsunagi wanted to find someone.

Natsunagi wanted to find someone but Natsunagi didn't know who was she looking for it, male or female the name anything, she didnt know. The heartbeat that you heard in the classroom, that's not me. Is this kind of Natsunagi is actually the person who received the heart donor. And yeah she was looking for X. They try to find the whereabouts of the donor heart and X. They go on a date, they meet Fuubi-san and they go to Komori prison.

They talked to Komori and asked about the heart, Komori couldn't attack Natsunagi because Komori had been hit by Siesta's bullet, as a result Komori was hit by Siesta's curse. Since Siesta's heart resides in Natsunagi's body the curse also applies, meaning Natsunagi is Komori's master. It ended well and this was Saikawa's appearance.

honestly im kind of confused,
at the very start before the opening didn't he say ,
"its been 1 year"???
but then they said they went around the world for 3 years?
wait does this mean the 1 year refers to since sestia died?
how old was the maincharacter before and after
Jul 11, 2021 7:50 PM
May 2016
Catalyze said:
Maybe I am just in a foul mood, but I found this episode rather annoying for several reasons:
The hand in the mouth, I would be biting down on said hand and drawing blood before anyone could cause me to choke.... sorry it's reaction

And that was a rip off of Bakemonogatari when she stuck the stapler in his mouth.
Jul 11, 2021 7:52 PM
May 2016
Sir_Crusher said:
MenchiK1 said:

Yeah I got that (and the anime did explain it), but why do that instead of looking at her medical records...or asking her who her donor was? Or looking up when she received the heart and who died around the same time for a list of possible donors, instead of the off chance this criminal might have heard and remembered, plus given the fact he's been in prison since before her transplant wouldn't that make it even less likely he heard it?
Of course it's obvious why, so we could have the dramatic reveal that it's Siesta's but that doesn't make it any less dumb.

That wouldn't have worked, siesta wasn't her legal name.

All that time together and he never learned her name? That would be even dumber. <_<
Oct 2015
Swagernator said:
Cheap waifu bait that pretends its something more ... hmm.

Nonetheless thank God, the heavens had mercy on us this week and we were not forced to sit through another 40+ minutes of those god awful pretentious pseudo intellectual dialogues, but just a regular more bearable 20+ minutes full of pretentious pseudo intellectual dialogues. Dumb as a brick main everdude still acts as a dumb as a brick everdude but this time he dont shiver in excitement everytime a smug loli calls him a baka ...

Previous season it was that Moriarty/Sherlock show, now this .. Japanese really do enjoy their pretentious shows lately don't they. Is there like a high school writing summer contest in progress now in Japan or something ?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
FATE FANBOY CALLS OTHER SERIES, "Cheap waifu bait that pretends its something more"

holy shit pot calling kettle black here.

the writing in all of FATE in comparison makes naruto writing read like Shakespeare
fatecucks triggered hard
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH,

OH and before you mention the overrated ZERO, just so you know IT WAS OURSOURCED, to GEN urobuchi LMAO the original fate authors didn't have anything to do with zero which is why it wasn't complete dogshit.
TYPE MOON IS TRASH THROUGH AND THROUGH imagine thinking its good then insulting this series.....

Neostorm-XJul 11, 2021 7:56 PM

Jan 2011
now no one and i mean no one didn't see this coming the moment she mention a heart transplant ,i was just really hoping it wouldn't be the most predictable case

for a show with androids and magic powers and shit couldn't come up with a better reasoning for plopping Siesta in a more boring girl like i'd believe it more if it had something to do with her brain effecting her memory and what now

and then the plan was to take her to a prison to have the plane android to listen to her heart like who does that lol

this show is pretty meh and i really dont see it getting better all it's got is the typical seasonal waifus

still will not find it funny how this guy is suppose to be still in high school and legit looks the same as he did 4 years ago when he was somehow a middle schooler
Jul 11, 2021 7:55 PM
May 2020
Guys.. I know that this is said in the title of the anime (the detective being dead). However, those who have read the novel, are the events gonna get better?? Like idk I was loving the chemistry between seista and kimi and everything was entertaining. Suddenly, she's dead and this girl has her heart.. The mood is sadly dramatic and looks like I gotta need to like this new girl named nagisa from now on. No more seista in any way? Idk what I was expecting but surely not what's happening
Jul 11, 2021 8:13 PM

Apr 2020
"Rejected his humanity." Are they pulling a JoJo reference here?

Well besides that, this episode is alright. Great to see them introduce back the plot which Siesta's blood prevents people who took it from attacking her and didn't just abandon that ability's entire existence.
Jul 11, 2021 8:24 PM

Jan 2021
the animation seems to have dropped a huge amount from the 1st ep
Jul 11, 2021 8:43 PM

Aug 2020
Well guess if he die we have a hero to delete his browsing history, The OP/ ED is good and catchy as always, New waifu appeared is still mystery of Siesta disappearance and new girl appeared from nowhere.

Is really possible to organ-donation recipients to inherit memories, talents, and qualities of the donor?
Dr.Kahgahni said:
There have been many unscientific studies that look at how memories could be transferred at the cellular level, but no one has taken on the challenge of trying to conduct scientific experiments to prove if it is possible.

Source : Detrot Free Press Article

Jul 11, 2021 8:46 PM

Jan 2013
This episode was destructive, knowing that Siesta "lives" in Nagisa's heart (with this name i should have expected that) is such a strange and sad feeling. I do wonder how she died and why only she could donate the heart, those are ofc my first questions.

Nagisa was indeed saying what we thought she was going to say but that girl got introduced basically, and now it would be just another feels if her request is similar.
Please i wanted detective fun stuff, not feels :/ Even tho it's been great so far.

I do guess it's kinda too early to talk (idk yet if it's possible) but is there a way for Siesta to "return"?
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 11, 2021 8:52 PM

Aug 2012
From detective series to harem. It'd prefer the former. Give siesta back pls.

I'll give it one more episode but it's seems obvious where this is heading. I'll pick it up when it's over so they don't dangle what happened with siesta with all the haram bait surrounding it.
Jul 11, 2021 9:21 PM
Feb 2021
Not something great but better than first episode
I thought AOT was overrated , but S4 changed my mind. It's epic.

Highly recommend it
Jul 11, 2021 9:30 PM

Aug 2013
While it was blatantly obvious it would be Siesta's heart, and that's fine; the pacing and execution of the episode just felt very off.

Felt like it could've been done way better, but, I guess we'll see how the series progresses.
Jul 11, 2021 9:30 PM

Feb 2016
pretty boring episode ngl
Jul 11, 2021 10:10 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
People really tearing this one up this week, but I’m still enjoying it. I like the new waifu, Natsunagi, she doesn’t exactly replace Siesta but I think she’s great in her own way, the plot definitely seems like it’ll get interesting from here, I feel like there’s more to Siesta than meets the eye with how her heart was able to influence Natsunagi, as well as how she actually died. I also like Fuubi, was hoping she’d be a character after her small tidbit in episode 1. ED is good as well, looks like next week could be a good one!
Jul 11, 2021 10:11 PM

Dec 2018
After a promising pilot I have to admit that this was a pretty shit episode.
Jul 11, 2021 11:29 PM

Aug 2019
thought of Kirino when I heard the new girl’s voice lmao
Jul 11, 2021 11:30 PM
Dec 2020
tbh, i really thought i was going to enjoy it and i seriously thought it would get better but forget it

this is mediocre
Jul 11, 2021 11:33 PM

Jul 2009
Well, that was boring.
Jul 11, 2021 11:38 PM
May 2019
This anime makes me feel like I'm watching a sequel to a movie I haven't seen. It keeps talking about all this cool stuff that happened but is showing us none of it. I don't know if it will turn into some big mystery later on but if it becomes a harem or something im going to be very disappointed. I'll give it one or two more episodes though.
Jul 12, 2021 12:17 AM
Jul 2021
Pretty awful adaptation, director is crap and dull af. Read LN is far better than this shitty anime adaptation.
Jul 12, 2021 12:31 AM

Mar 2014
19:30 this part is cringe as fk! suddenly hugging the girl with more utter cringy dialogues
Jul 12, 2021 1:20 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I knew it that was the detective heart, considering all the hint lead to that fact, big hint with the one year notice. However, its also gain another mystery as how and why the detective died like that. Hopefully i am not wrong here and they might do the recurring scenes with the detective appeared like in the ed again (ed changes too) and solving her quick dissapearance mystery as Kimi repeated solving the girls cases over and over. It might sounds ridiculous and possibly wrong. But....

Well, the episode goes by way out of my first expectation. Its quite surprising me. So, lets see how they wrapped things with those new girl case.....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 12, 2021 2:16 AM

Feb 2018
Neostorm-X said:
honestly im kind of confused,
at the very start before the opening didn't he say ,
"its been 1 year"???
but then they said they went around the world for 3 years?
wait does this mean the 1 year refers to since sestia died?
how old was the maincharacter before and after
it refers to 1 years since Siesta died. try checking the Tanmoshi fandom, I forgotten
Jul 12, 2021 2:27 AM

Feb 2014
We met Nagisa who is the recipeint of Siesta's heart. Pretty obvious from the start that she has a connection with Siesta and that is her heart.

Jul 12, 2021 2:42 AM
Jul 2018
i liked Siesta's character design more, now that she's dead it's lost the charm (unless she returns?), Nagisa is just meh so is the MC, less mystery more forced romance in the plot even before the whole narrative is estabilished..lets see if it gets any better
Jul 12, 2021 3:26 AM
Dec 2020
It looks like some people can't comprehend what the anime is called, the detective is already dead. if you can't understand what's going on, go watch something light. I won't be replying to any replies because I can't be bothered to speak to walls. So far this is a great start and I'm hoping it continues to get better, just like any other show of course.
some people...
Jul 12, 2021 3:42 AM
Jun 2014
Well for me that's probably the biggest single episode comedown in interest for an anime I can recall experiencing, and I'd only have pegged episode 1 as a 7/8.

I assumed how the anime would proceed after episode 1 would be him getting slowly dragged back into detective work with vague hints that Siesta might still be alive somewhere and the "big reveal" at the end being that she is and her death was faked to protect him or whatever. Meanwhile you'd get flashback cases mixed in. It'd be fairly generic, but probably the best way at keeping Siesta in play.

But literally the moment Nagisa mentioned her heart my eyes rolled back into my head, and of course they did indeed go with the whole transferred memories thing. Problem is that Siesta as a character was kinda interesting and had some fun interactions with the main guy, Nagisa is annoying and mixed with Siesta's "feelings" she's just going to end up being the generic aggressive tsundere cliche. Also if the whole "reunion" scene was meant to stir any emotion to make us accept Nagisa as the replacement it fell flat, we've spent basically no time with the characters, that's the sort of payoff you save for the end.

This twist could have worked if they'd have given time to get to know the cast instead of rushing Siesta's replacement in after 1 episode, and if the replacement were actually likeable.
AzureSymphonyJul 12, 2021 3:48 AM
Jul 12, 2021 4:04 AM

Jun 2015
Still fell dry to me. I think it's safe to not expect detective fiction story setup anymore and expect it to be more of a romcom with a pinch of mystery-action instead.

Is Japan running out of good writer? Or maybe I haven't explored far enough? Three episodes rule. I'll keep going.
Jul 12, 2021 4:09 AM

Jul 2017
daz15314 said:
Swagernator said:

Nonetheless thank God, the heavens had mercy on us this week and we were not forced to sit through another 40+ minutes of those god awful pretentious pseudo intellectual dialogues, but just a regular more bearable 20+ minutes full of pretentious pseudo intellectual dialogues. Dumb as a brick main everdude still acts as a dumb as a brick everdude but this time he dont shiver in excitement everytime a smug loli calls him a baka ...

Previous season it was that Moriarty/Sherlock show, now this .. Japanese really do enjoy their pretentious shows lately don't they. Is there like a high school writing summer contest in progress now in Japan or something ?
if u don't like dialogue heavy anime then don't watch it instead of complaining in here

I don't think he complains about it being dialogue heavy, he complains about the dialogues trying to appear smart when they are either nonsensical or dumb. He can watch whatever he wants and complain about it if he feels like doing so. By the same logic, you can ignore his and my comments if they bother you so much.
Jul 12, 2021 4:19 AM
May 2020
on my life Natsunagi pisses me off the heck was all of that
Jul 12, 2021 4:25 AM

Jul 2008
hmstr said:
It looks like some people can't comprehend what the anime is called, the detective is already dead. if you can't understand what's going on, go watch something light. I won't be replying to any replies because I can't be bothered to speak to walls. So far this is a great start and I'm hoping it continues to get better, just like any other show of course.

The title doesn't imply how the story will actually play out. There have already been quite a few thoughts on what people expected with that title in this thread and how this was unexpected. Seems even the LN readers are disappointed with the adaptation as well.
Jul 12, 2021 4:45 AM
Jul 2021
this getting more interesting
Jul 12, 2021 5:05 AM
Jun 2021
I loved the 2nd ep more than the 1st episode
I think the show is becoming more interesting to watch.
Jul 12, 2021 5:06 AM

Apr 2018
They literally included something that should have been at least 3-4 episodes in 1. It could have been a better "plot twist" if it hadn't been that badly executed and rushed.
Jul 12, 2021 5:24 AM

Jun 2016
wtf so siesta already dead , soo tragic she just appeared at episode 1 ..

Jul 12, 2021 5:24 AM
Jan 2017
ahh.. i dont know why in this eps is easy to predict that the heart is belong to siesta .. its remembering me to such anime that i forgot the name that has the same condition like this.. its from idoly pride
nah, too annoying tsundere character and i dont really like the storyline..
just drop in eps 2.. i dont care anymore
x2kill4Jul 12, 2021 5:29 AM
Jul 12, 2021 6:22 AM

Jul 2014
Where tf was the fun/bantery/ adventurey atmosphere that EP 1 had? wtf was this episode? It fckin turned to harem predictable shiz the moment she died. BRING SIESTA BACK!
The only good part about the ep was the ed song and its visuals, she's dead right? why would you toy with me more by showing her in the ed running towards someone crying her heart out? stop that.
PS. Is Natsunagi supposed to be Siesta's replacement as the FMC? please God no, cute character design but her personality is shit, not to mention she got the current queen of tsundere chars as a VA which just ticks me off more.
-StrayJul 12, 2021 6:26 AM
Jul 12, 2021 7:11 AM

Apr 2018
The new girl is the old girl, plot twist level 500.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 12, 2021 7:25 AM

Mar 2014
This is infuriating, they just kill off the only character I like in this show after ep 1... FUCCKKKKKKKKKK

And plus this ep is boring
RedChromeJul 12, 2021 7:44 AM
Jul 12, 2021 8:33 AM

Jun 2020
There’s always that one seasonal you regret on starting lol. I’ll give it another episode or 2. Wow talk about a letdown from pretty much a banger of a start. Hope it tones the fuck down with its waifu bait. Nagisa was so fucking annoying either ways. And that policewoman or whatever I didn’t like her either. The chuunibyou doesn’t look any better but we’ll see.

The only thing sexy about this was Koumori. Everyone else is a bore. Also MC’s aloof/dull voice acting is getting old real quick.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jul 12, 2021 9:45 AM

Jun 2020
Swagernator said:

Lmao. I will never understand why these people bother watching shows they don't like at all. Bruh, you clearly thought that the first episode had "god awful pretentious pseudo intellectual dialogues" - Why did you bother watching the second episode? Seems like people these days watch shows only to trash on them....
Jul 12, 2021 10:10 AM
Nov 2019
That was a bit rubbish - so with episode 1 being double-length does that mean I've already done 3 episodes?

If that's the case it's a drop from me.....
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tantei wa Mou, Shindeiru. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AnonymousGuy9 - Jul 4, 2021

274 by AshRayKay »»
Apr 28, 6:32 PM

» Does Siesta’s hairband (scrunchies or whatever) have any meaning?

RudeRedis - Dec 28, 2023

4 by illufox »»
Dec 28, 2023 5:09 PM

Poll: » Siesta is the plot, no cap (poll)

Onii-chanShuki - Sep 19, 2021

13 by ProdigyKing »»
Dec 21, 2023 10:31 PM

Poll: » Tantei wa Mou, Shindeiru. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2021

125 by saurabhshivam »»
Dec 9, 2023 10:05 AM

Poll: » Tantei wa Mou, Shindeiru. Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2021

118 by Sogeki-IT »»
Oct 25, 2023 6:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.