Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tokyo Revengers
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 6, 2021 12:51 PM
Jun 6, 2021 1:17 PM
Jul 2018
Finally the fight between the two gangs began and ended in the death of Draken , now it seems there is no way to save Draken I hope he survives after this attack, but it was a great episode.
Jun 6, 2021 2:16 PM

Jul 2020
Damn, this episode had a lot happening in it, and had moments that were pretty unexpected to me, and I really enjoyed that and the episode overall

Man, Draken was able to fight against the 50 members of Moebius without even going down, but then, we had Takemichi and Mitsuya show up, and Mikey showing up as well, and that entrance by Mikey was pretty sick

Hanma was also pretty interesting to me, and he seems pretty powerful, considering that he was able to block Mikey's kick pretty quickly as well. Then, just when Moebius thought that they only had to fight 4 members of Toman, the rest of Toman made a pretty sick entrance, and the fight between Toman and Mobieus went down, and it was pretty cool seeing all of Toman's division captain's in action as well

And man, they really left us on a pretty big cliffhanger, I wonder if Draken really is dead, guess we'll find out in next week's episode, and I'm definitely excited for it!
Zackack99Jun 6, 2021 2:33 PM
Jun 6, 2021 2:20 PM

Jan 2021
I just hate Takemichi like you had ONE job..... ONE FUCKING JOB!!!!
Jun 6, 2021 3:51 PM
Jun 2012
I'm getting really fucking tired of this borderline mentally handicapped MC. Like, he's been point blank TOLD by multiple people who the really big evil bad is that will completely fuck over Toman, yet he also pretends that guy doesn't exist.

The one guy who will split apart Toman and change it into an evil gang... and he wonders who is pulling the strings behind all this. And then is shocked by some new guy as if his timeline fuckery caused it. Like, it's blatantly obvious that Kisaki has people under him doing this shit, like running Moebius temporarily.

And then getting into a fight with a single purpose in your whole life right now... keep Draken alive. Not 2 seconds went by before he lost him.

If they're going to give the MC this much information, they have to make the MC less of a dumbass. If the intent is for the MC to be an idiot, that's fine. Annoying, but fine. If they want the MC to have any level of intelligence but not figure everything out, they need to stop giving the MC all the answers.

The watcher isn't getting any secret info, and if the watcher can figure everything out the MC should at least give it an attempt.

Feels like MC is a clueless supporting character observing events, but not doing anything.
Jun 6, 2021 4:46 PM
Mar 2021
Its now episode 9 and its good.. and as i have suspected, without the physical strength to change things even if one has power, it will all be for naught.. since fate will always find a way.. every organisms fate is always to die at a certain point, but its how one drives their own destiny that will make them reach their fate, sooner or later.. since in this episode, takemichis mission is to prevent the killing of draken, to avoid the twisted future that will unfold.. but his power alone cant solve everything.. and in the future, he might need to gather some comrades to fight against the cruel future that may unfold, that is what i think anyways as i hadnt read the manga.. in the end, when he got there, everyone has gathered for a war.. good thing the peh may have found some peace inside his heart, for what happened to pah.. then later in the war, it will all be too late, for all of them.. just what will happen next?! Will they be able to save draken? Or not? Anyways, i rate the episode a 4.5 of 5, 4.5 for both story and art.. :)
Jun 6, 2021 4:53 PM

Apr 2008
ttcchen said:
DarthWeeaboo said:
im starting to hate takemichi hes not my mc idiot didnt tell a soul that kiyomasa planning to stab draken
he told mitsuya perhaps u should watch an eps carefully before hating on a character due to assumptions

He told him Kiyomasa but didn't mention the knife or even necessarily convince him since they go right to discussing Peh. At best it makes Mitsuya guilty too. Why would they not mention this to Draken while he's kneeling right next to them? I'm okay with the main being out of his depth. That's part of the charm of this show, but there's a line between over your head and incompetent. It's getting frustrating. Okay, he's too weak to pick up one of those bats lying around. Okay, he can't find the tallest guy around in a parking lot. Okay, he can't connect the dots to the evil future Toman leader. Okay, he didn't think to use Hina's cell phone to call Emma. But he can't figure out warn the guy about to be attacked when he's right next to him?

One thing I'm holding onto is my suspicion that this is the sort of time travel where you can't actually change anything. At least then fate would be dragging him down.
Jun 6, 2021 5:03 PM

Jul 2020
Rip draken.. The way they let him alone was just dumb tbh . like the guy is bleeding and possibly concussed and you still leave him alone . And even mikey has that "I believe in you even tho you're f up" cliche 😒.
Waiting for the stone ocean 3 anime
Jun 6, 2021 8:13 PM

Nov 2014
Bio said:
ttcchen said:
he told mitsuya perhaps u should watch an eps carefully before hating on a character due to assumptions

He told him Kiyomasa but didn't mention the knife or even necessarily convince him since they go right to discussing Peh. At best it makes Mitsuya guilty too. Why would they not mention this to Draken while he's kneeling right next to them? I'm okay with the main being out of his depth. That's part of the charm of this show, but there's a line between over your head and incompetent. It's getting frustrating. Okay, he's too weak to pick up one of those bats lying around. Okay, he can't find the tallest guy around in a parking lot. Okay, he can't connect the dots to the evil future Toman leader. Okay, he didn't think to use Hina's cell phone to call Emma. But he can't figure out warn the guy about to be attacked when he's right next to him?

One thing I'm holding onto is my suspicion that this is the sort of time travel where you can't actually change anything. At least then fate would be dragging him down.
the situation was too chaotic at the time so it's understandable how it's difficult to spot one person amongst over 100 people brawling at once while trying to avoid being hit yourself. i think the anime just failed to depict just how chaotic that fight truly is.

in the future the news didn't reveal who the true killer is, so takemichi probably think Peh might also be a suspect, and since it's coming from Mitsuya, a squad leader in Toman which means his info is trustworthy, Takemichi decided to trust him. Plus, it's not like he just gave up on locating Kiyomasa. And not only that, like I said earlier, it's too chaotic and he had to find Peh and Kiyomasa and Draken and etc it ain't that easy.
Jun 6, 2021 9:21 PM
Jun 2021
This manga/anime really sucks, for someone already knowing the future and not being able to fix it is kinda stupid. There are a million ways to prevent things that you will know will happen and yet all he did was scream and run all over the place.
Jun 6, 2021 9:59 PM

Jul 2016
Well shit. Takemichi proved to be useless again and as result, Kiyomasa had the time of his life stabbing the shit out of Draken. How do you even lose sight of the tall dude with the most distinctive tattoo to begin with?
Jun 7, 2021 12:32 AM
Jan 2021
Mikey amazing moment reminded me of whitebeard..........
Jun 7, 2021 2:02 AM
Oct 2018
For a time traveler he doesn't really change anything.
Jun 7, 2021 4:56 AM
Sep 2018
Mikey is a true insane leader
Jun 7, 2021 7:16 AM

Nov 2009
I really don't want Draken to die. he is such a good character. I can only see Mikey as a dark character without Draken.
Jun 7, 2021 8:19 AM
Mar 2015
All that effort and Draken still got stabbed
Jun 7, 2021 8:32 AM
Mar 2021
ReZero spoiled me. They cut the intro and the outro to give us 28 minutes of animation which is about 7 minutes more than the average anime episode. Now when I watch shows like this the outro irritates me so much that I don’t even want to watch it and it’s a banger song. I missed 3 weeks of this show and it literally led me nowhere except in circles. I’m sick of this shit. I’ll watch it when the season finale airs.
Jun 7, 2021 8:34 AM
Mar 2021
Hey I saw "shishiou Tsukasa" ,at the end when the toman bike group was arriving one of the caracter riding bike looked like shishi tsukasa... did anyone noticed?🤔
Jun 7, 2021 9:39 AM

Jan 2021
What an episode. I honestly am really enjoying this anime so far. I don't know what happens in the manga, but I still stick to my time loop theory.
Jun 7, 2021 12:46 PM

Mar 2017
I didn't mind Takemichi being such a weak MC at first since he felt more relatable that way but this is getting ridiculous now; so far he hasn't changed anything and this time around he just could 𝘯𝘰𝘵 fail to protect Draken... and yet fail he did. Either he needs to stop Draken from dying or I don't know how the hell this is gonna end with a better future!
Jun 7, 2021 8:03 PM

Apr 2008
ttcchen said:
Bio said:

the situation was too chaotic at the time so it's understandable how it's difficult to spot one person amongst over 100 people brawling at once while trying to avoid being hit yourself. i think the anime just failed to depict just how chaotic that fight truly is.

And you said the other guy wasn't paying attention? For roughly a quarter of the episode Takemitchy is standing directly next to Draken. He decides during this time to muse that he doesn't see Kiyomasa and then gape at events unfolding. Why would he not want to warn Draken? What exactly is he running after him for other than that? It can't be to physically help versus the guy that's already beat the crap out of him twice.
Jun 8, 2021 12:49 AM

Dec 2018
Draken died for real? That's sad, he is a really great character...
Takemichi is so annoying, he's wasting his time whining.
Rather than watching Draken dying, maybe he should just rush calling an ambulance...

Jun 8, 2021 6:03 AM

Nov 2007
They clearly didn't finish some shots on time for the episode (so many shots of the lamps with sound still playing). But the animation quality has been discussed in other threads.

What I hated most about this episode was:
did we realllly need a 3 minute recap of JUST the last episode?
Jun 8, 2021 1:25 PM

Jan 2021
Mikell_Kenshin said:
Takemichi is way more useless than I imagined, but he still has changed a lot of the timeline by reuniting Mikey and Draken. If Draken does die they can't pin it on Mikey and they will know who killed him. This will probably make Mikey bloodthirsty toward his ops on another level, but takemichi just needs to support him even more.

This ep. made me realize that takemichi needs to do what needs to be done even at the cost of his innocents and his past life of comfort. Right now he is a spectator but he need to actually live that gang life to change what occurs in it.

I think so, too, I mean there were quite many people, but I cannot get how he lost Draken so fast in that fight and he never performed like he did in that fight where he first met Mikey and Draken.
Jun 8, 2021 1:26 PM

Jan 2021
YummaR said:
Useless MC i ever see

Then you haven't seen Re:Zero yet.
Jun 8, 2021 1:27 PM

Jan 2021
itsgoindown said:
Okay, Takemichi is just annoying now. He just doesn't learn from his mistakes. No real character progression, 2 steps forward, 2 steps back.

I'm always thinking he might make some progress but in the end he loses it all and goes back to being a little p*ssy.
Jun 8, 2021 3:53 PM
Apr 2015
It's honestly surprising how the rating for this is still above 8 with how many people are actually complaining about the MC and how the time travel is not handled that well. Which on its own surprised me because I actually expected people to swallow down anything this show throws as long as it's just followed by a fight.
Pretty average show so far. it's not nearly close to being one of the best time travel stories, and it's not nearly close to being one of the best delinquent manga/anime, but I'd love to be proven wrong in the future... If you somehow enjoy this wholeheartedly then you should check Hiroshi Takahashi's works.
Jun 8, 2021 10:26 PM
Jul 2018
Can anyone tell me which chapters did this episode cover?
Also, if I want to start the manga, should I start from the beginning or after the chapter till which it has been animated in this episode.
Jun 9, 2021 2:16 PM

Jul 2012
Arkaniet said:
They clearly didn't finish some shots on time for the episode (so many shots of the lamps with sound still playing). But the animation quality has been discussed in other threads.

What I hated most about this episode was:
did we realllly need a 3 minute recap of JUST the last episode?

They really wanted that cliffhanger.
Jun 9, 2021 11:02 PM
Jun 2013
lmao some people here trying so bad to hate on this show just because they probably saw it with a 8+ score, this place is so typical sometimes, is borderline boring.

Btw, really no one thought it was weird when Takemichi passed by Hina and it looked like she was literally in the same spot he left her at first, and the way she looked at him felt like it was the first time she saw him since the almost first kiss in the tree, weird.
Jun 10, 2021 5:26 AM
May 2020
It's not a Tokyo Revengers episode without having to see Takemichi cry. I am hyped for the next episode
Jun 10, 2021 6:01 AM

Jan 2021
The fighting scenes weren't too bad but I wish they could make it slightly better since the anime already had really good plot

“The first requirement of being a hero isn’t being right. It’s being strong. That’s why the hero always wins.” – Koyomi Araragi

Jun 10, 2021 6:27 AM

Jan 2009
What is up with this show? The story is not bad but the plot is kinda random, like there's no reason for bad things to happen other than Takemichi being incompetent and everyone else being negligent, they all kinda just left Draken to die, he was in no shape to fight and Takemichi knew he was being targeted, he could've notified other Toman members to help protect the guy, but whatever I guess.

None of that would've been a problem though, if it wasn't for the bad pacing and poor animation, not to bash on the show, but I think I'm just gonna pick up the manga instead.
Jun 10, 2021 11:18 AM

Oct 2019
Man, do I dislike Takemichi.. probs one of my least favourite protagonists in a while
Jun 10, 2021 11:49 AM

Jan 2014
Lol if anime through the years taught me anything it is that if an important character dies near the end of an ep he probably not dead... anyway I liked how our MC was dedicated and did so many things like commenting on what was happening and realizing that he did actually know some stuff from the future it is nice to see that he is not totally useless ... idk how Mikey and others learned about the place but good for them.
Jun 10, 2021 6:57 PM

Jul 2012
Takemichi's character progression is a bit slow, and he is a weak. crybaby. scared kitten at heart, and also physically, but he is deep down a badass brave guy with a lot of guts despite all of that when he truly needs to, and the story will continue to reinforce that more and more as the arc progresses, majorly starting in the next episode (not that his fight on his friend's behalf wasn't a pretty nice example of that already).

But alas, people will not stop bitching about him being a crybaby. Welp, there are people like that in the world anyway, if you dislike oversentimental people you do you I guess, I do know a few myself, and he does remind me of them a bit. Funny and bizarrely enough, they are actually some of the most emotionally stable (in an overview, they can deal with a lot of shit I myself would have trouble not stressing out with) people I know, and they cry for the silliest of things lol.

Same can be said about Takemichi, since if he fucks up, his second chance may as well be all over. And he can only go forward with his 12 years intervals, thus he can accidentally make things worse even if everything indicated him doing good, and not be able to go back further if a major death occurs. If anything, his mental strength in the situation he is in is honestly commendable.

Anyway, I think anyone that watched the opening paying attention could see what just happened coming, so I'm actually kinda surprised a lot of people are shocked after 9 weeks worth of eps haha

I mean, c'mon
Jun 10, 2021 8:07 PM
Oct 2019
Sure were a lot of swastikas today.
Jun 10, 2021 8:17 PM
Apr 2017
Did Draken survive? That's all I'm wondering.
Jun 10, 2021 11:14 PM
May 2020
Am I the only one wondering where are Takemishe's parents? Were they like ever mentioned? Seems odd that he should be living by himself when he time travels...
Jun 11, 2021 1:49 PM

Jul 2012
Aliiato said:
Am I the only one wondering where are Takemishe's parents? Were they like ever mentioned? Seems odd that he should be living by himself when he time travels...

In Japan some kids go live alone in the city at a young age, on apartments paid by their parents for them to get used to adult life, and/or so that they can study in the city since they live in an isolated rural zone or island, etc...

In the West that sort of thing happen by the time they are already legally adults (18 yo), so it's more of a culture shock thing than anything.
Jun 11, 2021 5:50 PM
May 2021
So..bcause of this episode its seems like a lot of people hating takemichi now..but i've been told that he would get a big development in episode 10-12 and he would also beat someone soon..and not to mention a lot of manga reader choose takemichi as their favourite character..that shows how good his development would be..so be patient and keep watching guys
Jun 11, 2021 10:02 PM
Jun 2020
This episode was crazy good and emotional!
Jun 12, 2021 2:37 PM

Apr 2016
ttcchen said:
DarthWeeaboo said:
im starting to hate takemichi hes not my mc idiot didnt tell a soul that kiyomasa planning to stab draken
no he didnt you should watch the episode again he said draken was gonna get attacked he never mentioned the kiyomasa thing
Jun 12, 2021 2:37 PM

Apr 2016
ttcchen said:
DarthWeeaboo said:
no he didnt you should watch the episode again he said draken was gonna get attacked he never mentioned the kiyomasa thing
Jun 13, 2021 4:29 PM

Nov 2014
DarthWeeaboo said:
ttcchen said:
check again lololololol
Jun 13, 2021 4:37 PM

Jan 2021
ttcchen said:
Schlong01 said:

Then you haven't seen Re:Zero yet.
wrong example. Should have used Future Diary.

Haven't seen that yet. But many friends are hating me for not watching Mirai Nikki so I might watch it soon.
Jun 13, 2021 4:48 PM

Nov 2014
Schlong01 said:
ttcchen said:
wrong example. Should have used Future Diary.

Haven't seen that yet. But many friends are hating me for not watching Mirai Nikki so I might watch it soon.
if u hate subaru, who imo is nowhere near as useless as the mc.of Future Diary, you will probably HATE and shit on that mc the entire time you watch it. He's truly the most pathetic, cowardly, puny character I've ever seen.
Jun 16, 2021 12:27 PM

May 2018
DRAKEEEEEEEEEN!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Jun 24, 2021 10:26 PM
Dec 2020
Amazing episode none the less. Prayers for Draken. Damn man why Please save Draken. Mikey is such a good guy man he’s just tryna save his family man. Please takemitchy. I want to keep watching after each episode it’s so good.😂🔥❤️❤️👍🏻.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2021

152 by callmethebigG »»
May 18, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2021

251 by dspr »»
May 5, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Do you think this show would be better if it got rid of of some of its shounen tropes?

Elma_fer - Jun 12, 2021

30 by tmunee »»
Apr 28, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

335 by Captain22 »»
Apr 21, 2:46 PM

Poll: » I read so many people saying that Takemichi is a pedo and i want to know your opinion

Onii-chanShuki - Sep 29, 2021

30 by Piromysl »»
Apr 2, 10:41 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.