Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Horimiya
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 30, 2021 7:07 PM

Jul 2016
Shindou was quite mature for a middle-schooler. Cool dude but it's a shame Miyamura treats him this badly. I know it's for comedy purposes but those two face slaps were kinda unnecessary.

Well, transitions between comedy/goofy moments and drama keep remaining as jarring as ever. Hori is basically having an emotional outburst in almost every episode and Miyamura's love confession came so out of the blue I thought I was the one with a fever and hallucinations. It felt so lacking in terms of emotion and impact, honestly.

Kubs-sama said:
Ringare said:
This is really bad for studying they are wandering around too much, Miyamura wearing piercings is very bad, he wont be able to get a suitable job like this. The confession scene felt weird, also pretty ashame that Hori doesnt try to study more while she's sick, work is more important than catching a cold. I had a fever too back in 2007 but it was because I fell sick out of fear after surviving an assassination attempt in an italian restaurant with my ex wife, I still managed to work at hospital.
I dont appreciate how everyone is being lazy in this anime, very bad example.

You’re joking right?

Don't question him. Just enjoy his randomness.
SouthRzVaJan 30, 2021 7:10 PM
Jan 30, 2021 7:09 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Seeing Toru loose his mind in the student council when Hori and Miyamura were taking so long in getting the drinks was the funniest part of the episode. It seems that Sakura likes Toru so he should let Hori go.

I wasn't expecting a confession from Miyamura so soon and Hori's reaction was priceless.
Jan 30, 2021 7:12 PM

Aug 2018
Another average and rather mediocre presentation of a romantic story. This show has remained consistently average so far. There are next to no nuances.
Jan 30, 2021 7:27 PM

Jan 2020
Another fantastic episode for a fantastic series. I really like shindou so far and he's a great addition to the cast and I can also see the horimiya cast become of my favorites tbh. The fourth 5/5 episode and the fourth episode overall.

Horimiya episodes make my saturday's a lot better and I can't wait for next week.

Jan 30, 2021 7:39 PM
Aug 2020
Loved the confession of miyamura right in the middle of the casual indications while hori san was lying in bed, fantastic way of conveying your feelings. You left her with the intrigue! was she dreaming? was she mishearing?
the pace of the serie is okay for me, even though it may seem a bit (just a bit) fast sometimes. The story telling is well enough that it doesn't completely feels that the relationship lacks development
Jan 30, 2021 7:53 PM

Jul 2020
Great episode <3

I didn't expect that confession was coming out of the blue >_< <3
Jan 30, 2021 8:00 PM

Mar 2019
The last part didnt convinced me...

First not Great, but still Good Episode.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jan 30, 2021 8:17 PM
Jul 2018
Kouichi is really good man same as manga. His act changed Miyamura's feeling. Fitting his voice, too.
Jan 30, 2021 8:27 PM

Jun 2020
ALL I WANT IS TORU RN HAHA

♡hyena zzZzzZ♡

Jan 30, 2021 8:47 PM
Apr 2017
LET'S GO MIYAMURA!!! THE MAN HAS THE BALLS!!!
Jan 30, 2021 9:32 PM

Apr 2020
Wait, finally Miyamura expressed his feelings, I wonder what will happen next
Jan 30, 2021 9:56 PM

Jan 2021
Next ep gonna be a blast! I am just waiting for page 26, page 37 and 'the sin of youth' or something. I don't remember.. But I do remember I cried while reading the last one.
Jan 30, 2021 10:03 PM

Dec 2015
I'm really loving the anime so far. Thinking of reading the manga when the anime ends.

To those who have, how good do you think the anime is right now? Is it doing a good job? Is it adding to the experience in a way that the manga didn't? Aside from the missing chapters that people seem to point out.
Leaves from the vine~
Jan 30, 2021 10:05 PM

Jan 2019
You're free to disagree, but I really don't feel that this show has been, "Rushed," at all. Yes, it is significantly faster than your average show, but its earned that. Nothing has felt out of place, no hint of feelings or confession has felt unjustified. These characters spend a lot of time together that we don't see, living their daily lives- we're just here for the highlights. At the end of the day, I feel there's a huge gap between a story being, "Rushed," and a story that just moves at a fast pace naturally.

Also hot damn I've had a girlfriend for three years now, but I wish someone would take care of me when I'm sick like that. Hurts my case that 2 of the last three diseases I've gotten have been COVID (last year) and Swine Flu (middle school).

Anyway, that's my midnight drunk feelings post out of the way, time to go catch up on Re:Zero.
Jan 30, 2021 10:23 PM

Nov 2016
wtf is with them skipping lots of chapters, since episode 1, they skipped the school trip chapters, the stew making chapters, the 3 chapters with hori and miyamura just hanging at home, the 2nd flashback of miyamura's past. they skipped a lot of important chapters that show how hori starts to fall miyamura and flesh out of the characters. the episodes feels rushed and the main couple relationship seems shallow because of it, we dont get to see their flirting and comedic scenes before they confessed. i'm disappointed by how this is being handled, its almost like they're trying hard to fit all the manga into 12 episodes which will be impossible since there lots of chapters so they just skip around and assume or expect the viewer already read the manga and knows what's going on
Jan 30, 2021 10:35 PM
Jan 2021
Why take to much time to release it we can't wait 1 week for another episode please decrease time limit we really cant wait for another episode
Jan 30, 2021 11:05 PM

Jul 2019
Mich666 said:
Swagarot said:
the whole confession was random, there was nothing to lead up to it this early, and that by chance he was informed she felt sick, but i don't mind that part that much, that pacing and the confession are the main things that ruin this.

No, it wasn't random, and we already have one in the last episode (albeit they botched the order of things switching cause and reaction the last time). Now, he said it exactly because he noticed she needs it the most in the moment... in fact, he's actually very empathetic and caring type inside. She thought he would leave her after the school is over (exactly hinted several times in the previous episodes). Also, the way he does things, just saying whatever he feels right away, without any blushing is pretty much normal for him. In fact, if you say something so sincere in such way, like it was a normal thing, not agonizing about it, any girl would be head over heels for you. He said it exactly because he wanted to assure her he's not going anywhere.
Also, his middle-school friend was another catalyst for him to do that.

Just because there is overdone anime trope and unwritten rule that says the kiss and confession has to happen in the last episode doesn't mean that every series has to be this way. This is different kind of series. So it's probably your expectations that are off.

The only thing that was bit forced was her father gone/have to be strong complex with what she said after (yes, it was clearly writing shortcut) but than again people with temperature over 38C stops thinking straight so I can turn blind eye on that pretending she just had some bad fever thoughts, linking her lost father figure to him, together with her fear she'll lose him one day.

i just think more time was needed before this, it doesn't have to be in the last ep but definitely not ep 4. i think if i got to know the characters more i wouldn't of minded it but the pacing is really fast so it ruins that.
Jan 30, 2021 11:08 PM

Nov 2016
Stuzfin said:
I'm really loving the anime so far. Thinking of reading the manga when the anime ends.

To those who have, how good do you think the anime is right now? Is it doing a good job? Is it adding to the experience in a way that the manga didn't? Aside from the missing chapters that people seem to point out.

read the manga instead, the anime has been disappointing for me and some manga readers so far. they skipped a lot of important chapters that show how hori starts to fall miyamura and it fleshes out all of the characters. their relationship seems shallow in the anime, like you expect them to date because it's in the name of the show, but the manga actually shows how they started becoming dependent on each other and developing feelings for one another. the anime makes it appear as your typical romcom, there's nothing special about it. what made horimiya stand out in the first place was how realistic it was in depicting 2 people becoming friends then falling in love which leads to them being in a relationship, but the anime throws all of that out the window

Jan 30, 2021 11:09 PM

Jul 2019
IBloodstormI said:
Swagarot said:

"Their relationship already has proggressed far enough for it to happen" in the manga maybe but the anime is just too fast.

This happens in chapter 20. Each episode is adapting 3-4 chapters, with some skipped, which is pretty normal for this type of thing. Sometimes 12-20 pages can fill about 5 minutes of an anime, sometimes more, depending on the content. Horimiya is not exactly on the verbose side of manga.

i guess the manga is better in that case but i don't read mangas usually, i think this would've been great if the pace was 1-2 chapters each ep or even just not skipping things, probably.
Jan 30, 2021 11:10 PM

Nov 2016
Swagarot said:
Mich666 said:

No, it wasn't random, and we already have one in the last episode (albeit they botched the order of things switching cause and reaction the last time). Now, he said it exactly because he noticed she needs it the most in the moment... in fact, he's actually very empathetic and caring type inside. She thought he would leave her after the school is over (exactly hinted several times in the previous episodes). Also, the way he does things, just saying whatever he feels right away, without any blushing is pretty much normal for him. In fact, if you say something so sincere in such way, like it was a normal thing, not agonizing about it, any girl would be head over heels for you. He said it exactly because he wanted to assure her he's not going anywhere.
Also, his middle-school friend was another catalyst for him to do that.

Just because there is overdone anime trope and unwritten rule that says the kiss and confession has to happen in the last episode doesn't mean that every series has to be this way. This is different kind of series. So it's probably your expectations that are off.

The only thing that was bit forced was her father gone/have to be strong complex with what she said after (yes, it was clearly writing shortcut) but than again people with temperature over 38C stops thinking straight so I can turn blind eye on that pretending she just had some bad fever thoughts, linking her lost father figure to him, together with her fear she'll lose him one day.

i just think more time was needed before this, it doesn't have to be in the last ep but definitely not ep 4. i think if i got to know the characters more i wouldn't of minded it but the pacing is really fast so it ruins that.

read the manga they rushed through 22 chapters in just 4 episodes
Jan 30, 2021 11:11 PM

Aug 2017
Cute show. I like it a lot. Hori-san is very pretty.

Sakura is a nerd, but Japanese girls are all slender and passable.
Jan 30, 2021 11:12 PM

Jul 2019
vanillaskynet said:
Swagarot said:

read the manga they rushed through 22 chapters in just 4 episodes

oof that explains some things, i might read it if im really bored but again i don't usually read mangas.
Jan 30, 2021 11:14 PM
May 2014
I mean seeing what the manga readers are complaining about, while it would be nice to see some of this animated, I also don't think these scenes that show gradual progression of romance (Like Hori realizing she is comfortable with inviting Miyamura into her room alone) are really that necessary. We're used to seeing romance anime move at a snails pace for a couple to get together to have all these really small stepping stones.

I watched the first 4 eps without reading the manga and I definitely didn't feel any sense of the relationship being rushed. If anything, it was refreshing to see things like the field trip arc being omitted because we already know Hori feels a sense of security with Miyamura just from the fact they hang out at home all the time anyway (and I recall ep 3 basically reiterates this feeling back anyway in a more realized way)

I will probably continue reading the manga to catch up to the anime just because I see it as fan service to get more details and scenes of the two, but so far, there isn't really anything I have read that I felt absolutely had to be in the anime (and if anything, the fact we get a bit where Miyamura gets sick would've made this episode's sequence with Hori getting sick feel repetitive. Without it, this feels much more refreshing and as a result makes the sentiment of the scene stand out so much more)
Jan 30, 2021 11:28 PM

Nov 2011
Dude Hori and Miyamuras pasts were super sad. Especially Hori. Like I blame her father more then her mother but shit Man I went through the same when I was sick as a child. Both parents had to work and it sucks.

Dude Miyamura TIME AND PLACE FIR A CONFESSION BRO!!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 30, 2021 11:37 PM
Aug 2020
Well i guess things are starting to come together
Jan 31, 2021 12:34 AM

Jul 2020
Damn that confession, mans just left after tho but I guess he didn't want it to be too awkward. Can't wait for next ep.
Jan 31, 2021 12:50 AM

Feb 2015
This show is honestly more enjoyable when it isn't solely focusing on Hori and Miyamura (they are kinda bland and the drama the show is trying to build around them just doesn't work imo... the comedy scenes are executed better).
The scenes with the supporting cast are so much better imo ^^'

Oh well, it's still good tho... just not great.
StormxNightmareJan 31, 2021 12:59 AM
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Jan 31, 2021 1:01 AM
Sep 2015
Well Hori is really a Hypocrite.
She tells miyamura why he isnt embarrassed to open her shirt whereas
<spoiler>Hori Changes her clothes in the council room in front of sengoku and even takes secret baths with him all the while lying to miyamura when he asks hori about whether she took bath with sengoku/
She took baths with sengoku till 1st year of high school and when miyamura asks her then shelies and says till 6 years of age</spoiler>
Creepy
Jan 31, 2021 3:01 AM

Oct 2008
megane girl is a follow for me!

Jan 31, 2021 3:18 AM
Jan 2021
Stuzfin said:

You'll be disappointed after chapters 40-50. The manga completely deviates from the main couple and focuses solely on the side characters far more than the main couple. Funnily enough, the latter half of the series has Hori and Miyamura literally become the minor characters of their own series. Imo read up until like maybe chapter 60 and then drop the manga. Unless you're a big fan of slice of life, which the manga has recently focused more on rather than the actual romantic developments of Hori and Miyamura, you'll find the manga to be lackluster.
Jan 31, 2021 4:03 AM

Dec 2013
Nice to see Shindou in anime form.

Miyamura's ridiculously casual confession made my day.
Jan 31, 2021 4:25 AM

Feb 2015
AzNKrysis said:
Stuzfin said:

You'll be disappointed after chapters 40-50. The manga completely deviates from the main couple and focuses solely on the side characters far more than the main couple. Funnily enough, the latter half of the series has Hori and Miyamura literally become the minor characters of their own series. Imo read up until like maybe chapter 60 and then drop the manga. Unless you're a big fan of slice of life, which the manga has recently focused more on rather than the actual romantic developments of Hori and Miyamura, you'll find the manga to be lackluster.

That sounds actually great tho o.o
Do you think we'll reach that point in this anime? Cause I am personally enjoying the supporting characters a lot more than the main couple ^^'
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Jan 31, 2021 4:54 AM

Jan 2018
Swagarot said:
IBloodstormI said:

This happens in chapter 20. Each episode is adapting 3-4 chapters, with some skipped, which is pretty normal for this type of thing. Sometimes 12-20 pages can fill about 5 minutes of an anime, sometimes more, depending on the content. Horimiya is not exactly on the verbose side of manga.

i guess the manga is better in that case but i don't read mangas usually, i think this would've been great if the pace was 1-2 chapters each ep or even just not skipping things, probably.

If they did that we'd hit this in episode 10? and then 3 episodes later it would end without resolution, and people would be mad for entirely different reasons. A lot of what they skipped has been unnecessary to the plot, and a lot of what has been adapted has been adapted pretty straight forwardly. You assume they could make 1-2 chapters fill 25 minutes, but in a lot of instances, they really couldn't.
Jan 31, 2021 5:06 AM
Nov 2018
Marinate1016 said:

I wasn’t expecting them to get to the confession in chapter this soon, but I’ll take it. Seems like they changed the confession from “I like you” to “I’m in love with you” similar to the hand holding scene last weekend.

I think that is just a difference in translation. It can very well be translated as 'I like you' in the anime too.
Jan 31, 2021 5:44 AM

Jan 2018
Yes finally Shindou getting animated thank god I love him so much!
And Miyamaru's confession was cute as ever!
And Sakura is beautiful <3.

Jan 31, 2021 6:05 AM

Oct 2016
They're skipping some fun chapters but, it's fine, they're focusing on the Miyamura and Hori ones. Great episode, that student council room scene was fun lmao. And it's good to see our goodest boi Shindou. That confession was great, as expected of our socially awkward boi. Looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 31, 2021 6:06 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yeah, this is when the council gangs joined up Hori-Miya's gangs. Sakura looked even more cuter in these episode, idk why. Maybe its really just a CloverWork artstyle effects. Lol. The comedy elements, once again, lacking, especially with those Tooru soda scene. I hope a better direction, but oh well. I feel like a better depiction in the ova one than this, sadly. Fortunately, the arrival of Shindou, Miyamura-kun middle school friend, for the first time, ironically bring back the mood with his gold interaction toward Miyamura. Damn, Miyamura, always did that rough approaching to almost everyone. Ofc he always flustered when its about Hori-san. Why don't? Lol.

Anyway, the arrival of Hori-san's father still not happen here, Even though i am waiting to that moment very hard. But, its finely stopped at those Miyamura awkward confession. Holy shit, boy, you did it there. Lol. So, well, another okay-ish end note for me, then. Maybe next. Because the title look promising.

So far, CloverWork did a good job reconnecting the ova plot. Because, its help me a lot to imagined this show in general and at the very neutral side of minds, without having a wrong perception to the classic rom-com stigma. Thats a good point from me.
badabassJan 31, 2021 6:10 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 31, 2021 6:20 AM

Jul 2014
This episode definitely still had some of the pacing and presentation issues that have plagued the show up to this point, but this was probably the first episode of the show I could genuinely say I enjoyed. The subversion of the usual trope of a confession being said when a character is sick and hence going unheard was nice, but even ignoring that the character interactions through the entire episode felt a lot more natural than they've ever done before; bringing more prominence to some of the supporting characters and letting Hori and Miyamura backnote the episode worked well for me, but I definitely wouldn't have complained about getting an entire episode of just the side characters.

I get the feeling the show is potentially setting the seeds for a future coupling of Yuki and Toru, but we'll see how that goes I suppose.
Jan 31, 2021 6:25 AM
Jul 2018
This series is trying way too hard to be cool. "I'm just gonna casually confess to her like I don't really care. Again." Also, Miyamura has been shown to be a pretty big ass hole for no reason over the last couple episodes. Are we supposed to like this guy?
Jan 31, 2021 6:43 AM

Apr 2020
Shindou's here! love that guy and how he care about Miyamura for so long

i feel like the last episode was cut off abruptly, but the pacing of this one was interesting and enjoyable for me. the SoL humor was there (they've already settled in the council room like home ajaj) scenes of Miyamura transfond have already begun to show, and then the expected confession "in the middle of of all that boring stuff"

Jan 31, 2021 7:22 AM
Apr 2019
Still feels fast just like the previous episodes. I hope they'll improve the pacing.

Things are moving forward towards Hori san to Miyamura-kun now.
Jan 31, 2021 7:29 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
He really confessed to her like that... it was so calm/natural for a confession, I understand why she's so shocked xD
Jan 31, 2021 7:48 AM
Oct 2019
Damn Miyamura just said it...
Out of nowhere lol

I hate the fact nowdays people disscuss Manga stuff without Spoiler Tag...
Come on...
I don't want to know what direction or something that happen in the manga here...
davidyodo24Jan 31, 2021 7:52 AM
Jan 31, 2021 8:23 AM

Mar 2019
The pacing felt better than the last episode and it was enjoyable (probably because of the focus on side characters, finally), but I really wish they didn't skip so many great chapters. The romance between Hori and Izumi just feels empty. They could've progressed it with the ring, stew, etc. but oh well let's just rush it to hell. Also the translation sucks but that isn't the anime's fault.
Jan 31, 2021 9:55 AM

Apr 2020
Finally the confession. God that was amazingly well adapted!
Jan 31, 2021 11:11 AM

Feb 2019
The anime, in this first few episodes, spent more screentime making other characters comment upon the romantic tension of the main couple than conveying it to us, mainly because of the cut content, although even the manga wasn't that good at it, to be honest. However, instead of improving upon it on the adaptation, they actually made it worse in some ways. Oh well, at least they do the 'com' aspect of the romcom justice.
Jan 31, 2021 11:29 AM

Feb 2020
i don't remember reading the manga 100% but they did skip chapters right?

i know he says he likes her like this but it feels so rushed watching the anime ): i feel their relationship could've been more developed but nonetheless i enjoyed it a lot huhu
Jan 31, 2021 12:09 PM

Mar 2017
That was such a Miyamura way to confess haha I just love how tender and gentle he is with Hori... which is in complete contrast to how he treats Shindo. Miyamura's scenes with Shindo are always hilarious, like how Ishikawa and Hori freaked out at how violent and aggressive he is to his 'friend' haha
Jan 31, 2021 12:27 PM
Jan 2021
StormxNightmare said:
AzNKrysis said:

That sounds actually great tho o.o
Do you think we'll reach that point in this anime? Cause I am personally enjoying the supporting characters a lot more than the main couple ^^'

Given that I see a certain character listed in the voice actors (as well as having official anime art), it's a given that we'll be getting to more plot concerning the side characters. My personal speculation is that (given the pacing of the anime) it'll most likely dedicate episodes 9 and/or 10 to a side character arc because there's a certain scene I believe they're trying to rush to by the end of the season.
Jan 31, 2021 12:52 PM

Dec 2016
Ringare said:
PurpleGirl203 said:

Personal life aside, just because you are hardworking doesn't mean everyone should do the same :/ Of course, working hard is important, but it's twice more important to take care of ourselves first. When someone gets sick they shouldn't push themselves so hard and take it easy. And please don't judge someone by it's appearance cuz it doen't mean anything, unless it has a different meaning in your country? Please think first before saying stuff like that.

People should work hard thats a fact, being sick for a moment can get you into trouble for the rest of your life it is why people must work hard everyday. It is very common in Japan and Im ashamed that people arent sharing this mentality,I once got angry at a yellow vest protest back in France 2 years ago and people threw rocks at me because I said protesting instead of working was stupid. When I got gastroenteritis around the same period of time I installed a provisory desk in my toilets with a pc to not loose my time, its only about determination, everyone can do it. Im not judging by appearance Im judging by facts, they are fictionnal characters there is no need to think about what I say, they wont get offended.

Aren't we talking about a flu?? You make it sound like a flu is life threatening XD Your mentality is more worrisome, buddy. I'm thinking you work till exaustion and I can tell you that is what will lead anyone in trouble, yourself included. Avoid that at least cuz it does you no good and allow yourself to give a pause if needed. Sorry but you aren't just talking about fictional characters but more into reality. You are basicaly pointing out someone with piercings and/or tattoos can't get a job and that's why I told you you are judging someone by it's appearance.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2021

219 by AwesomeAli2832 »»
Jun 14, 11:19 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2021

215 by AwesomeAli2832 »»
Jun 12, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Dominik_Fark - Jan 9, 2021

496 by mjjones0 »»
Jun 11, 5:11 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2021

359 by AwesomeAli2832 »»
Jun 6, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2021

244 by AwesomeAli2832 »»
Jun 6, 12:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.