Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Horimiya
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 16, 2021 4:33 PM
Sep 2017
Dukino said:
JadentheAnimeguy said:

It's just the anime botching the manga a bit, the characters are fleshed out better in the manga but the chapters that flesh them out are being skipped: Ch 2,5,6,8. A bit sad but you'll probably still grow to like them progressively .

The anime is doing the manga great

Definitely not, currently an alright adaptation at most. Pacing is erratic, time is hard to grasp, lack of development for the couple and characters. Skipping straight to the drama rather than fleshing everything out.
Jan 16, 2021 4:35 PM
Oct 2016
JadentheAnimeguy said:
Dukino said:

The anime is doing the manga great

Definitely not, currently an alright adaptation at most. Pacing is erratic, time is hard to grasp, lack of development for the couple and characters. Skipping straight to the drama rather than fleshing everything out.

Definitely yes. People knit picking like you are the reason folks think manga readers are high and mighty. The anime is doing a great job, erratic pacing? Just cause you can't follow it? Pay better attention
Jan 16, 2021 4:39 PM
Sep 2017
Dukino said:
JadentheAnimeguy said:

Definitely yes. People knit picking like you are the reason folks think manga readers are high and mighty. The anime is doing a great job, erratic pacing? Just cause you can't follow it? Pay better attention

I'm not even into manga like that, I'm pointing out obvious mistakes. Really nitpicking is complaining about them missing small details but I'm literally explaining how they are botching the strengths of the manga. I'm a manga reader so how the hell would I not be able to keep up, I'm following perfectly fine but that doesn't mean the pacing is good. It's jumping from moment to moment with little buildup or preparation. Even if I hadn't read the manga that much is obvious to a person with eyes.
Jan 16, 2021 5:00 PM
Aug 2020
This episode was so cute and sweet I can’t even, but with that ending, why do I get the feeling that this is the calm before the storm...
Jan 16, 2021 5:10 PM
Dec 2019
Dukino said:
PinkOni said:
You'll have to forgive me if you're a fanatic for romance anime. I'm not and it made this episode a little tedious to get though. Overall the characters seem pretty weak; I've got no reason to fall in love with them. I do like Miyamura but that's about it.

The first episode was very good - this one was fine. Overall the anime sits at a 7 for me.

I was rally hoping Miyamura would swing on that one dude... but just a headbutt... sad :( I can see that it was a big character moment for him but it just didn't feel big enough.

My one hope for this series is that it spends some time on the characters individually, or at least fleshes them out a little bit more. One can hope.

Keep it up Horimiya!

How is just a headbutt "sad" did you want a full on brawl? Not that type of anime come on. If you don't like it then get on. No reason to like the characters? You're blind

Of course I didn’t want a full out brawl.. like I said, it would have been more impactful if he would have hit him. You know what... even more impactful if he hit him and it was a weak punch and then he got made fun of. He and Hori could have had an amazing character development moment between them both. I mean exactly what I said: The headbutt should have meant more and led to bigger consequences, but it go brushed off like no biggie. All I was saying it that it was wasted potential. I said “sad” not “bad”.

This is an open discussion and people are encouraged to write their opinions. If you don’t want to see any criticism of the show then I would suggest that you not look here lol. Even the shows I adore have faults and I can point them out in an instant.

And why would I like characters that I’ve literally just met, look generic, and have thus far only been introduced to further plot?? I’m mister certainly not blind
Jan 16, 2021 5:16 PM
Oct 2016
JadentheAnimeguy said:
Dukino said:

I'm not even into manga like that, I'm pointing out obvious mistakes. Really nitpicking is complaining about them missing small details but I'm literally explaining how they are botching the strengths of the manga. I'm a manga reader so how the hell would I not be able to keep up, I'm following perfectly fine but that doesn't mean the pacing is good. It's jumping from moment to moment with little buildup or preparation. Even if I hadn't read the manga that much is obvious to a person with eyes.

A person with eyes would see you're nitpicking. Literally seen nobody complain about the pace expect you pulling complaints from thin air. Nothing is being botched just look around at the incredible positive reception the anime is getting
Jan 16, 2021 5:21 PM
Jun 2017
I'm just loving this series...

hori x miyamura friendship is starting to get better...

love this epiosde
Jan 16, 2021 5:28 PM
Oct 2016
PinkOni said:
Dukino said:

How is just a headbutt "sad" did you want a full on brawl? Not that type of anime come on. If you don't like it then get on. No reason to like the characters? You're blind

Of course I didn’t want a full out brawl.. like I said, it would have been more impactful if he would have hit him. You know what... even more impactful if he hit him and it was a weak punch and then he got made fun of. He and Hori could have had an amazing character development moment between them both. I mean exactly what I said: The headbutt should have meant more and led to bigger consequences, but it go brushed off like no biggie. All I was saying it that it was wasted potential. I said “sad” not “bad”.

This is an open discussion and people are encouraged to write their opinions. If you don’t want to see any criticism of the show then I would suggest that you not look here lol. Even the shows I adore have faults and I can point them out in an instant.

And why would I like characters that I’ve literally just met, look generic, and have thus far only been introduced to further plot?? I’m mister certainly not blind

Miyamura did hit him. Do you know what a headbutt is? Did you see the scene? That's a very solid hit. It did mean something, the old Miyamura never would've been so assertive, but now with him and Hori spending time together he has something/someone he wants to protect. He and Hori have had numerous character moments together. Why wouldn't you like a cast this likable. It makes no sense to hate them at this point.
Jan 16, 2021 5:28 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
This is how to do a "soft" high school romance well. I liked the manga and I like the anime as well. Two flavors of the same thing and no problems with that to me.
Jan 16, 2021 5:29 PM

Apr 2019
Hori peaking in on the boys was pretty funny lmao. I still find it weird how Miyamura casually hangs out at Hori's place all the time. Pacing gotta slow down a lil

Jan 16, 2021 5:32 PM
Sep 2017
Dukino said:
JadentheAnimeguy said:

A person with eyes would see you're nitpicking. Literally seen nobody complain about the pace expect you pulling complaints from thin air. Nothing is being botched just look around at the incredible positive reception the anime is getting

The incredible reception doesn't mean much because it's my opinion and I'm not changing it or formulating it around other opinions ad reception of it. I think its botched and I've given clear reason and explanation, there's no justification behind it being a nitpick besides your own inability to detect the problems.
Jan 16, 2021 5:35 PM
Dec 2019
Dukino said:
PinkOni said:

Miyamura did hit him. Do you know what a headbutt is? Did you see the scene? That's a very solid hit. It did mean something, the old Miyamura never would've been so assertive, but now with him and Hori spending time together he has something/someone he wants to protect. He and Hori have had numerous character moments together. Why wouldn't you like a cast this likable. It makes no sense to hate them at this point.

Bruhhhh if you would have read my original post I alluded to him hitting him with his *fist*. Yes I saw the headbutt. Yes that’s a hit. If it meant something then why did the rest of the cast just roll with it. “Oh wow miyamura hit him, no biggie”. Also makes no sense because apparently the red headed dude was a hot shot in school with the student council and all... so no it makes no sense whatsoever and was not as impactful as it should be.

I never complained about moments between Miyamura and Hori, they have been good.

To answer your question: I said in my original response to you that I’ve just met the characters, they all look generic and nothing sets them apart, and they are only introduced to serve plot points which neglects the characters 100%. The only characters that have gotten any noticeable exposition are Hori and Miyamura. I’m not saying I dislike the characters; simply put I find no reason to like them. I’m very indifferent. Can you supply me with reasons I should be in love with these run of the mill characters?
Jan 16, 2021 5:41 PM

Dec 2013
This really is a fun show. Hori realisation that she didn't know Miyamura's first name was a funny moment.

Even though Hori almost got in trouble for her stupid mistake, Remi's face when she realised she screwed up was adorable.
Jan 16, 2021 5:56 PM
Apr 2020
I love this anime, this anime is prolly my favorite from this season
Jan 16, 2021 6:06 PM

Apr 2020
Remi is so cute! especially when she cries
Jan 16, 2021 6:11 PM

Oct 2020
They adapted a lot chapters in 2 episodes. There're some scenes that are skipped from the manga, but it's alright.
Everyone has times when they've come up against a wall and feel like giving up on everything and running away. But you mustn't forget that during these times when the going is rough, the soul inside of you will try to create something to break through that wall. And don't forget that in your suffering there is something very precious. We're all suffering in agony with our troublesome lives. Sometimes it comes to tears. When that happens, let it flow as much as it wants. If it still doesn't stop flowing, then we'll come and mop it up. - Gintoki
Jan 16, 2021 6:16 PM
Jul 2020
i think this anime will be one of my favourites i love them manga and the animation is amazing i already love it hope they keep it up
Jan 16, 2021 6:18 PM
Jul 2014
This show continues to just be kinda fine, not bad some good points but nothing standout captivating. If I'm going to put something on the back burner so I can keep up with the truck load of other shows I'm watching this season this is looking like it could be the one.
Jan 16, 2021 6:25 PM

Feb 2018
Ok, ep 2 just confirmed that it's not my cup of tea, drop. Too boring and all over the place.
That simple comedy is unfunny at all and feels like I've watched it many times before
Jan 16, 2021 6:37 PM

Jul 2020
Decent episode. Liked the bit where Miyamura stood up for Hori-san but yeah I don't really dig the whole drama with the student council. The whole confronting in the hall way was a bit unnecessary, atleast from my perspective. Still enjoyed the episode though.

I accept random friend requests!
Jan 16, 2021 6:41 PM

Jul 2016
Man, Remi's dumb mistake sure made Hori have an unpleasant time but come on, how could I be mad at her after seeing such cute expression?

I almost went full "Aww" for a moment there.

Another enjoyable episode. Miyamura is becoming more and more likeable as MC and the twist with Hori actually being Sengoku's bully of years was quite funny.
Jan 16, 2021 6:46 PM

Aug 2010
The flow still feels awkward like many have said, I thought this was adapted from a 4-koma, but I checked and it's from a regular manga.

I like this episode more than the previous one though, the first story with Hori trying to find out Miyamura's first name was entertaining. Second half with the student council was a better way to introduce the characters than how they do it with Hori's 2 friends. I couldn't really tell Hori's friends' personality in episode 1, it makes some comedy scenes with Tooru in this episode ineffective for me because I was too surprised with his actions. I feel like I've grasped the student council members' personalities more with their first appearance.
Jan 16, 2021 7:23 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
FrozenRaider said:
Perfect MILF spotted!

I agree with this statement.

And another great episode, some new characters were introduced, a little bit of drama and a lot of cute moments.
Jan 16, 2021 7:28 PM

Jan 2020
Another wonderful episode. We haven't seen much from her but I really like Yuki so far. She seems really interesting and the type of the character I would like.

It's only two episodes in but I already don't want to see this season end lol.

Jan 16, 2021 7:29 PM

Feb 2011
This is a beautiful anime and i cannot wait to watch their love grow!

Each episode is 24 ish minutes long but feels like an hour! Their chemistry is just perfect.

Amazing SoL.

9/10

Jan 16, 2021 7:42 PM
Nov 2020
Such an underrated show thus far
Jan 16, 2021 8:07 PM
Apr 2020
As much as I like how this is going so far and the relationships are cute, I’m quite confused by the timeline here.
In the last episode they talked about the pool opening, and were talking about miyamura wearing full sleeves even though it was hot, but in this episode, most characters were in sweaters and suddenly spring break has arrived? Is there something I’m missing here?
Jan 16, 2021 8:16 PM

May 2020
EckhartPilgrim said:
Miyamura headbutting the Prez was kinda stupid to me honestly. He should instead have said to him that it was shameful of him to pass his lazy girlfriend's work on to another girl. Truth just needs to be told, no need to headbutt people x)

still deserved it tho
he just disrespect her in front of everyone lol
Jan 16, 2021 8:36 PM
Mar 2015
Nice of Miyamura to get Sengoku off Hori's back Her mom is nice but a little flighty
Jan 16, 2021 8:37 PM

May 2020
Good episode, but does anyone else think that the dialogue and comedic moments feels awkward and unnatural? The directing feels kinda off too at least in my perspective.
GilgameshuuJan 16, 2021 8:43 PM
Jan 16, 2021 9:03 PM
Aug 2020
Today we got to see sweater yuki which was great. Also Hori's mom was pretty entertaining. Can't wait for the next one
Jan 16, 2021 9:26 PM

Dec 2018
An Ok episode... but did that pink hair girl is trying to sabotage Hori? or she is just so clumsy... Miyamura is so loveable, he is the best romantic protagonist for this season I guess?

Jan 16, 2021 9:27 PM

Oct 2008
so the stud council are a bunch of wanna be assholes??? hmmm good thing Horimiya is there to save the day and awesome headbutt!
5/5.

Jan 16, 2021 9:56 PM

Aug 2020
lmaoo Horii's bullying backfired big time. Miyamura was such a king though.
Jan 16, 2021 9:58 PM

Aug 2020
Gilgameshuu said:
Good episode, but does anyone else think that the dialogue and comedic moments feels awkward and unnatural? The directing feels kinda off too at least in my perspective.
Same. I get what you mean about unnatural and I'm not a big fan of how the comedy breaks the serious mood but I guess it's more of a romcom than a drama so I'm fine with it.
Jan 16, 2021 11:22 PM

Feb 2014
I really liked this adaptation of Horimiya to its predecessor where Remi was cast as a dominating tsundere. But this one right here just makes her an aloof character.
Also the Miyamura-Sengoku faceoff was one of the iconic Horimiya scenes. And damn my boy Iura makes an appearance this episode. Hope to see more of him, especially the tidbits with his lil sis.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 16, 2021 11:29 PM

Dec 2019
It was a fun episode, I have some complains about it but it's more towards the story and characters, something that can't be helped. The adaptation is surprisingly good and I'm enjoying it so far.
Jan 17, 2021 1:56 AM
Aug 2020
BlackKiddo said:
Adimax_Thomas said:
I think, this might be my favourite romance anime of the season...

did you watch this episode raw? It is not out on streaming services right?

Yep...I watched it as soon as it aired...
Jan 17, 2021 2:27 AM

May 2015
Dukino said:
JadentheAnimeguy said:

That's the problem with this forum, nobody actually take the time to READ the thread they answer they at best read the dozen answer before their post.

Pacing and the lack of character and relation building problem have been mentionned enough ( by reader and non-reader) to not be considered as a few manga fanatics. It doesn't make the anime all bad, but since what made Horimiya stand out compared to other rom com always was how the relationships are fleshed, relatable, guenine and realist... yeah, I can see why some people find it doesn't do the manga justice (I'm part of those).

But anyone likes something for it's own reasons. If the comedy always was what you liked in Horimiya, I totally understand why you think it does justice to the manga.
Turtles_HunterJan 17, 2021 2:33 AM
Jan 17, 2021 2:29 AM
Apr 2016
A pretty solid episode, the council part was definitely the highlight of it. That said, I still don't see why it's held in such a high regard - I guess time will tell?
Jan 17, 2021 3:38 AM

Nov 2019
This is was so good. I can't wait for next episode.
Jan 17, 2021 4:05 AM
Apr 2019
The struggle to find Miyamura's first name is hilarious. I really enjoyed this just like Kaguya sama, because of its playful rom-com and wholesome moments.

Miyamura is a true chad for standing up for Hori! Beat that damn Fleet Admir... Oops wrong anime, I mean Sengoku.
Jan 17, 2021 4:47 AM
Dec 2019
PinkOni said:
You'll have to forgive me if you're a fanatic for romance anime. I'm not and it made this episode a little tedious to get though. Overall the characters seem pretty weak; I've got no reason to fall in love with them. I do like Miyamura but that's about it.

The first episode was very good - this one was fine. Overall the anime sits at a 7 for me.

I was rally hoping Miyamura would swing on that one dude... but just a headbutt... sad :( I can see that it was a big character moment for him but it just didn't feel big enough.

My one hope for this series is that it spends some time on the characters individually, or at least fleshes them out a little bit more. One can hope.

Keep it up Horimiya!

"Just a headbutt" really? The president was bullied by hori in their childhood and you want him to get more fucked? Whats your problem dude? She's paying for all of the shit she did in the past.
Jan 17, 2021 4:51 AM

May 2018
Better than last episode. This one had a more natural progression in their relationship.

Hori's mom definitely has a lot of ara ara energy (͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖).And I see you Mamoko's VA. I forgot that knowing a guy's first name is the most sensual thing in Japan. And Hori's adventures in finding Miyamuru's name was fun to watch. The fact that asking his first name is more embarrassing than peeping into the boy's locker room🤭.

Honestly, Sota is best wingman lol. Izumi is a great first name and SmoothMura is back again with name calling! I honestly loved the doubt in her mind on how long it will last. I always had that doubt whenever thinking about relationships. With Shota around, I doubt Miyamuru would leave anytime soon.

What was annoying here was how the student council placed down their responsibilities to Hori, even though she isn't a student council member. Then when they found out the budget report was missing, they took all the blame to her, due to Ayasaki's clumsiness.

MIYAMURA WITH THE HEADBUTT LMAO.Miyamura used Headbutt...It's super effective traumatizing! lol.Sengoku is going to fear the sight of those glasses for a while,Lmao.

I'm not into the whole clumsy cute ditzy girl thing and how Remi placed her responsibilities on Hori whilst blaming her. The crying scene did make me feel bad for her a bit. And Hori seems to have a bit of a sadistic streak given her past with Sengoku lol. The birthday present was pretty wholesome. Looking forward to see more of the relationship progression!
Jan 17, 2021 4:56 AM
Apr 2018
Great episode!

- Usually isolated MIYAMURA shows some boldness & stands for HORI.
- I want to know what's in between HORI & the president SENGOKU.
- Time goes on quickly & our MCs are going to be Third Year soon.

What i like about such ANIME is that even with the same events, it feels always new.
----------------------

ANIME is Bliss!
Jan 17, 2021 5:34 AM
May 2016
Ughhh the lame contrived melodrama of this is eyerolling, and him coming over to play with the brother and none of her friends coming over at all is ridiculous.
Jan 17, 2021 6:19 AM

Apr 2018
Well, that was a cute episode.
Jan 17, 2021 6:49 AM

May 2010
Decent episode.

Slice of life moments are here. The original format of the series is now very prominent in this episode which is the 4-koma style unlike the first episode which seems to be the conventional one.

Episode 2 Thoughts summarized here.

https://thatlazyfan.wixsite.com/anime/post/horimiya-episode-2-thoughts

Also, I have a feeling some will be disappointed considering a departure of format style from the first episode.
Jan 17, 2021 6:50 AM

Oct 2016
Great episode! I am really fucking itching to read the manga, I am going to give it a few more days before I give in lmao.

I love Hori and Miyamura's relationship, Sengoku got headbutt trauma now. Lmao, Hori used to be a bully, wouldn't expect any less from her, at least she don't do that no more. Really looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 17, 2021 7:26 AM

May 2010
MenchiK1 said:
Ughhh the lame contrived melodrama of this is eyerolling.

That explains why I felt uncomfortable with the SC drama.
Quite unnecessary, when they can just introduce the SC members in another way and make Miyamura stood up for Hori also in another way. No idea about the manga though.

MenchiK1 said:
and him coming over to play with the brother and none of her friends coming over at all is ridiculous.

Good point as well. But that could change in course of the series.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

408 by Maarkus1 »»
Jun 2, 1:31 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jan 23, 2021

232 by exho26 »»
May 4, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

152 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2021

165 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2021

217 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 11:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.