Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 4, 2021 9:53 PM
Oct 2019
hahaha...when an objectively bad show has a fascinating twist/surprise ending to an episode - forcing you to watch the next episode - there's nothing you can do but laugh

"I'm not gonna let a prick with a glow stick beat me." that was a funny line

executioner side kick girl is crap. she just sucks at her job, completely. during that fight, when brawler and blood-lover guy were taking on the main executioner, WhyTF was the courier sitting on the floor, not grabbing his bike and allowing to sidekick executioner to wake up? bad writing/directing? it was so dumb

swindler girl repeatedly saying "we have to try". man, SHUT UP

this empty train, the quarantine and decontamination zone, the whole backstory of the war between kanto and kansai, the children in the vault, the child in the vault coordinating all of that while being locked in a vault? what is even happening...

bye bye kitty

oh, and can't forget the magic flute *eye roll* smh
HagePotPotatoMar 4, 2021 10:27 PM
Apr 2, 2021 6:49 AM

Jul 2015
This series is getting weirder and weirder now that we know something weird is going on in Kanto and also the appearance of those two kids, still rip black cat form....

Pretty impressive of the Executioner guy to be handle his own against multiple of the akudama.

Aug 26, 2021 10:23 PM

Apr 2016
The show is truly a case of "let's try everything! Who cares!" it really doesn't make to much sense because you are getting this silly and kind of entertaining action scenes but I feel it can get a little bit tedious in some parts but that probably has to be with the movie they are using as reference for the episode.
SafrichhOct 16, 2021 9:30 PM
Sep 24, 2021 12:37 PM

May 2018
The biggest surprise yet! Inside the vault is a shota lmao
Sep 28, 2021 12:17 PM
Nov 2020
Getting major akira vibes from this show
Mar 15, 2022 5:49 AM

Jan 2017
There goes my "Swindler was actually controlling the cat" theory, so with the locked children reveal this Akudama group is in the grey morality area it seems
Aug 27, 2022 10:20 PM
Apr 2021
The animation was good, and the twist was nice, but I kinda expected something like it to happen. The action scenes were good but when it skips away from it then returns it makes less sense to how people get to certain places. All the characters seems 1 note except the mc and the courier, but i like that the strong buff dude learned from his previous fight with the executioner and tricked him. The sidekick executioner is fodder and looks like she didn't really want to be there that much which was slightly amusing.
Nov 30, 2022 1:23 AM
munchmunch

Aug 2019
Ok am I supposed to be rooting for the akudama or something..... because I'm definitely aren't. Yes they're one dimensional characters but If they had made them WAY less annoying (cause I cringe everytime they open their goddamn mouths except for maybe Brawler because at least he can drop some fun lines) I could see myself rooting for them more. But no, they're all super unlikeable.
I wanted more of her and less of them

And I wish it were a bit more logical/realistic but... silly of me to be expecting that when the ordinary good girl suddenly devotes herself entirely to a bunch of murderers who were about to kill her right on the spot and starts considering them her friends for no reason lol (yeah ik she can't just escape but that's still no excuse to lose all common sense)

Hopefully it'll get better now since that ending revelation was pretty cool.
nostalgiaasNov 30, 2022 1:33 AM

Dec 9, 2022 1:10 AM

Nov 2022
This anime is amazing at creating character interactions. By themselves each one of our Akudama weirdos are fairly two-dimensional (the meathead, the tech guy, the slutty one, the coward, etc.) but together these guys are pure fire, so many interesting pairings and dynamics born from a fairly simple pool of characters: like you have Cutthroat and his weird fixation for Swindler, then Brawler has kinda like a grutch against Cutthroat for being the other homocidal guy of the group, Doctor's sass clashes with Courier's stoic demeanor, Hoodlum gravitates towards Brawler, etc. I love this type of character focused writing.
Dec 12, 2022 8:12 AM

Jan 2021
The Execution Division Apprentice was useless, even more so than Swindler that starting to be useful.

And she shouting every time she wants to fight, just to be easily defeated by Akudama.

Loved the action scenes. Wild and entertaining!

Jan 14, 2023 10:37 AM

May 2020
Big fight and pretty cool episode. They can make it finally. Just to save a two kids? They should get the money after this. After they back to home. They did a good teamwork. But the little boy have the similar voice with cat or maybe he is the cat, i dunno.
May 28, 2023 7:37 AM

Dec 2022
I kind of feel bad for the female executioner, she keeps getting her ass kicked, but I find her so cute though.
Aug 16, 2023 10:59 AM

Dec 2022
This anime is definitely improving now. The characters still follow an obvious formula to their personality on their own, but their interactions are very entertaining. Swindler seems to have been habituated into caring for the rest of the Akudama now as well, to an extent. I'd still wager she's in trouble if they ever find out she really is just a regular civilian.

The cat being revealed to be some shota was neat. I wasn't sure what was going on with the telepathic billionaire feline, but this explains some of it.

Shaded Horizon

Sep 26, 2023 9:57 AM
Aug 2022
Stupid cat, nothing's thought ahead, random asshole.
Dec 24, 2023 10:11 AM

Jan 2008
Nice action and all, but it's hard to give a shit about paper-thin characters like these. This is not a good show, but I still can't bring myself to drop it. Feels like a huge waste of intriguing worldbuilding though. I'd like another show set in this world with different writers.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akudama Drive Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2020

171 by chidaru »»
May 28, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Akudama Drive Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2020

121 by budliteyagami »»
May 13, 12:34 AM

» Am I the only person who felt like the show was a stretch?

AnimeLeviathan - Dec 24, 2020

7 by corporateremoval »»
May 3, 9:20 AM

Poll: » Akudama Drive Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2020

173 by vhowl »»
Apr 21, 2:38 AM

Poll: » Akudama Drive Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2020

155 by ThalosShrine »»
Apr 15, 8:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.