Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 9, 2020 9:26 PM

Jan 2013
It's back! It was a decent episode but i mean it's just cooking xD It doesn't matter if they're underworld or "normal" cooks, they are still cooks xD Like what are they going to do? Cook some good food? Or bad? I mean it's all great but betting your wedding with a guy you hate over a plate of food? Just say no lmao
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 17, 2020 4:43 AM
Sep 2018
Well, I've just taken over food wars and I'm not disappointed as usual, what a nice anime.
Aug 21, 2020 11:16 PM

Jul 2013
Oh man I am getting old. I really am getting old. Just because I think this show has lost its spark and now it's just pure ridiculousness. I didn't even notice that this show is back and this is what I come back to? It's more ridiculous than when a bunch of fucking students kicked out their own school's owner and president and replaced him with someone else. Not only cause that Saiba Asahi is a bad generic villain with a bad generic back story and with a bad generic evil plans like world domination bullshit, but also because Erina agreed to that bet that she's gonna marry him if she loses. Uh what the fuck? And she didn't even name her demands lol. How am I supposed to take these villains seriously when, just like the one before him, this dude is also someone Joichiro left a long time ago and now he's throwing temper tantrums like fucking a manchild. And of course his minions are wearing those hilarious black kkk hoodies cause why not right?
Aug 27, 2020 11:58 AM

Mar 2020
What even is the plot? There's an underworld chef's organization now? I'll admit its kinda cool, but unnecessary. It's not like there are illegal cooking techniques or ingredients. Hell, we watched Rindo use ants as an ingredient in the last season. Freaking ants! There are no limits! Just... why with the underground chef organization? They're trying too hard to be edgy.

And Erina's agreement to Asahi's challenge is purely plot advancement and a way to give her some stakes in the BLUE since she doesn't really have any other than wanting to win. Not to mention the main conflict in the plot: Mysterious new character comes out of nowhere, has a past with Joichiro and wants to control Erina and take over Totsuki. Hmm, where have I seen that before? Oh right, the last freakin' season!

I would like to say this season would have been fine with just the BLUE competition plot. Asahi seems shoehorned in, but at least it wasn't done in a sloppy way. It could have been the same as the Autumn Elections with the stakes purely being competing against each other and rising to the top through self-improvement. But this is just the third episode, so I'll save my judgement for the end of the season. I'm still looking forward to the BLUE and why Soma's mom became so important all of a sudden.
Sep 14, 2020 9:45 PM

Jul 2014
This series may be going to hell but DAMN! Erina looks as hot as always <3.

But seriously, what is this "If I beat you in a cooking duel, you'll be my wife" shit? Say no and report them to the police lol. It's kinda sad because Erina had already had a very good closing of her character development last season.
Sep 26, 2020 8:29 AM

Oct 2014
Erina is easy to get. Soma deserves Megumi. They should runaway and just start a simple life in Yukihira Diner.

Also, Yukihira Megumin sounds perfect.
Sep 27, 2020 8:42 AM
Aug 2020
It was a well done episode.
Not so bad!
Oct 4, 2020 4:36 AM

Apr 2020
It turns out that Suzuki is Saiba Asahi, and he's Joichiro's student
Oct 16, 2020 10:44 AM
Jun 2013
This got trash really fast. Cooking KKK?

This villain is hot garbage. Comes out of nowhere and destroys Saiba offscreen, beats Soma easily... Having Soma lose like that makes the new Elite ten look regular now. It doesn't feel like Soma is the best in the school like Tsukasa was.

Nov 5, 2020 7:03 PM

Jul 2013
Wow that was dumb.

Like the series in general has been comedic about taking cooking so seriously like some sort of shonen action anime. But a criminal chef organization? Really?

Also you'd think Erina would just fire that guy. She's the director.

There was a lot of potential with the long lost adopted son plotline, and that just got shot to pieces within the same episode. It's a shame to see a good idea turned to absolute crap.

I would be dropping this if I hadn't just watched the whole rest of the series... Season 4 was painful enough being just a competition with very little plot development and lazy ecchi...
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Nov 12, 2020 12:40 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
So now we got underground food cults now, nice. Exactly just what I was hoping for

And yeah I know it’s just food but, the power levels are over the freaking place man. At this point soma should be unbeatable, the previous first seat tsukasa however you spell his name was supposed to be the ultimate peak to overcome, which they did in the last season. Soma should be totally levelled up now to be on par with anybody and everybody now, but they just shoehorn this new guy in and apparently he’s leagues above everyone else. Was hoping we’d end off this franchise strong with soma just wrecking everybody
BetaMaleUltraNov 12, 2020 12:45 AM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 24, 2020 4:04 PM

Mar 2010
Whatever it takes to get someone into a relationship, ffs they are beating around the bush they all should be impregnated already at this point in their youth, their horomones should be all over the place ffs

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 12, 2021 9:36 PM

Mar 2016
Ok, Shokugeki is pretty decent but it's not all that I hoped it to be, still, it's merely a secret little 'friendly' competition that these 2 had. A far cry from their real battle in BLUE.

Speaking of BLUE, I'm pretty intrigued by how these yet another group of characters known as the NOIR who is said to not care about breaking the law. The first thing that came to my mind is them using hard recreational drugs such as cannabis to spice up their food or something LMAO. Imagine that, now that's a true underground chef!
Feb 27, 2021 5:44 PM
Nov 2018
After seeing this episode, it is safe to assume this season is all about Soma falling in love with Erina.
Jun 11, 2021 8:06 PM
Dec 2020
It’s been a fucking year man shit man I’m hella behind but Food wars is still good wars but I’m not getting the same feelings from first three seasons.
Jul 14, 2021 6:18 AM

Jul 2017
The Akatsuki of Cooking is here, and they are as unintimidating as I remembered them to be. Such a stupid group to feature this season. This season is basically designed for Soma and Erina to realize feelings for each other since there's no other reason why this exists, although this could have been integrated to the epilogue of the previous season and all will be good.
Mar 6, 2022 11:04 PM
Oct 2019
fuck me, this is shit. i'm not going to be able to get past this freak obsessing over erina. dude breaks into her room, brings a bunch of other dudes with him, then challenges her to a duel where she has to marry him if he wins. and of course she agrees, because...DERP? i stopped watching here. when they opened up that dish and her panties were about to get all moist. the episode was basically over, but i was done

and i assume she's going to have feelings for him just because of his food and because obsessive losers like that are supposed to be a turn on to girls or something? she's going to struggle with deciding whether she actually likes him or not?

god dammit. this is terrible. since i expect this to continue every episode until the finale, i think i'm going to drop this now. i'm sad

episode 3 = 4/10
fifth plate season = ~6/10 (only 3 episodes, and trending down)

i'm gonna miss yukihira and peanut butter squid
Mar 12, 2022 2:48 PM

Nov 2009
LOL 2 years later, I caught up with the current airing animes and decide to revisit old shows I didn't finish.

(stopped watching this series after it went on a Haitus... and forgot about it, lol)

And looks like most responds from ppls about this last season is 50-50

Tho that may be also due to some threads apparently got deleted by MAL as "hate threads" cause ppls was talking about the manga and how the last season/arc sucked. (I know this cause some of my posts in the threads is now gone, this only happens if a thread is deleted, my post in ep 1 remains, others are gone)

But looks some some ppls still posts manga info of it in some threads.

___ ___ ___

And yea, a lot of things still look like crap to me.

Mainly cause they kept it almost identical to the manga... where they skips the cooking and just go straight to the results even tho this originally started out as a "Food manga".

Gonna just skim through this series, no real need to pay attention, cause there isn't any to pay attention to, LOL. Just so I can move this from my "can be watch later" to "completed".
amlgMar 12, 2022 2:55 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 12, 2022 11:10 AM

Apr 2013
So some dude who learned under Soma's father and his mafia friends are better cooks than the white-haired genius whose #1 spot Soma took, huh... that doesn't make an awful lot of sense to me.
Mar 3, 2023 2:37 AM

Jul 2022
I said I would try to focus on how entertaining/enjoyable the episodes are, but... What the fuck episode did I just watch? xd
May 26, 12:26 AM
Aug 2021
Souma's "Huh?" is iconic
Souma lost as well which isn't surprising since his Dad couldn't win. But bro Saiba needs to stop just up and leaving people. He is a villain for that and then NEVER CHECKS UP ON THEM. He forms bonds and breaks them like they are nothing.

My guess and Takumi's guess was wrong. He is not a secret love child.

So they are getting criminals to compete in this cooking competition as well.

I didn't expect him to just reveal himself to Erina, but tbf the rest of the guys would have just told Erina.
Is the 92nd Generation of Elite Tens weaker than the previous generations?

I was going to say his Dad should train him so he can win but his Dad lost as well.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2020

236 by duragon49 »»
Aug 30, 7:45 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2020

84 by Danibola »»
Aug 4, 5:45 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Syureria - Aug 7, 2020

99 by Danibola »»
Aug 4, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

alphazero4um - Jul 24, 2020

82 by Weebleez »»
Jul 18, 11:52 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2020

73 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 30, 7:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.