Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 11, 2021 8:18 PM
Dec 2015
Nice animation, good music, and that kiss haha
Jun 29, 2021 10:27 AM

Dec 2020
I do hope they bring this back, because so much was left unanswered, and two more couples were hinted at and I'd love to see them develop!

As much as I loved it, I did feel just a little disappointed, since it felt like a continuation of the story more than a conclusion, which is great if they plan to work more on it, but not so great if, well, they don't.

The kiss was so goddamn adorable though, Mumei and Ikoma are so cute, but Yukina is definitely Bae for me.
Jul 10, 2021 2:55 AM

Aug 2020
Well, this was definitely better than the second half of the first season. Also, I liked the antagonist in this movie better than Biba.

Throughout the series, I felt that Mumei and Ikoma had a brother/sister bond, but I guess not (especially because of that kiss (which I was spoiled at)).

Overall, either a 6 or 7 out of 10.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Aug 21, 2021 1:32 PM

Apr 2020
It was fine and the animation was top tier but I still think the anime series was better overall. Still a solid 7/10.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Aug 22, 2021 1:23 AM

Dec 2012
Miyuki.
Her father.
He turned into Kabane.
Oh snap! Female Kabane oppai and nipples.
Mumei!
Mumei got the moves.
Ikoma saving his girl in smoove fashion.
Mumei can't stop blushing.

And that was the end... for now. It was ok. The sakuganeri was on point. It was nice to see best girl Mumei again. That kiss was unexpected, but I loved it. The animators made Mumei so beautiful that she snapped Ikoma out of his Kabane frenzy. WIT needs to hurry up with more Kabaneri. Shouldn't take this long for sequels.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 21, 2021 11:49 AM

Jun 2017
Well they went back to their city. Not sure if it will get a sequel in the future. The story might even end here considering the ships at the end. This villain was better than Biba but still wasn't impressive all that much. I am going to stick with the same score I gave to the 1st season. The kiss at the end was well done and was better than any cliched over used confession scenes. Good job on that.
Dec 9, 2021 7:57 AM
Aug 2017
This was supposed to be a movie so when I found out it was 3 episodes I thought it was pretty fucking lazy. Also they couldn’t even produce new songs and just reused the same opening and ending. Lazy fucks

At the war council why the fuck is Ayame apologising for Ikoma. Ayame and everyone else should be backing Ikoma up not fucking apologising. They have fought side by side in many battles and no one defends Ikoma or backs him up like what the fuck. Fucking bastards why the fuck does Ikoma still hang around those cunts.

I also want to kill all of those shitty ass soldiers. If it wasn’t for Ikoma they would never have known about the Kabanes plans and would have just charged into the enemy base and got themselves all killed. They steal Ikomas information and still leave him locked up. Ayame is a bitch as well instead of releasing Ikoma herself she says ask for someone’s help to release him but then gets on her train and forgets all about Ikoma. Useless bitch what a joke

Well as shit as it was i’m happy we got a kiss with Mumei and Ikoma. Also the movie ending dance was pretty cool and nice song.
5/10
Dec 23, 2021 1:52 AM

Mar 2010
Oh my god, that ending was freaking adorable! Cutest couple sneaky kiss ever. Hahaha. Loved this. The dance and song at the end was great to.
Jan 2, 2022 8:16 AM
Oct 2015
It was alright.
The "army" kind of ruined it for me. And it's such a common cliche.
Whenever there's a side character, who is some kind military leader, he's just the epitome of fucking incompetence.
You have this military, few in number, useless fighters and utterly incompetent leaders. But somehow they show up, run the show, boss everyone around and ignore just about anything people tell them.
It's silly makes the plot seem dumb.
Jan 8, 2022 11:57 AM
Dec 2021
Great, Love mumei so much!
Jan 21, 2022 8:17 PM
Oct 2021
I have to say that I didn't enjoy this movie as much as the anime overall. But that's probably just due to the time constraints of it being a movie.
Aug 14, 2022 7:53 AM
May 2021
dam Mumei is 12 and Ikoma is 17
Oct 16, 2022 12:35 PM

May 2021
one of the best anime movies I've watched
Nov 4, 2022 3:11 AM
Jan 2020
The amount of good animation wasted on this shit, and isn't Mumei like 12 lol?
Dec 29, 2022 6:51 PM
Oct 2017
Man I sure hope it continues loved this 3rd movie
Nov 30, 2023 6:11 PM

Dec 2022
This movie essentially captured what made the first half of the series so great: human/kabaneri tension, zombie hordes, and enjoyable character relationship dynamics. The antagonist of this movie even had a more reasonable motivation than the one in the main series. And once again, the music and animation was on point. Only real flaw it had was that it was too short, but it made the best effort it could in an hour, and impressed with it.

Shaded Horizon

Dec 19, 2023 1:39 AM

Oct 2013
What a gorgeous sequel to such great series!

I recommend watching the ending credits. That dance scene was simply fantastic.
Dec 19, 2023 1:52 AM

Oct 2013
Reply to Archean-Return
This movie essentially captured what made the first half of the series so great: human/kabaneri tension, zombie hordes, and enjoyable character relationship dynamics. The antagonist of this movie even had a more reasonable motivation than the one in the main series. And once again, the music and animation was on point. Only real flaw it had was that it was too short, but it made the best effort it could in an hour, and impressed with it.
@Archean-Return Agreed! It was basically Kabaneri anime experience from the first season in a nutshell. :D

Although, I didn't think the movie was too short, because - like you said - Wit Studio managed to use its full length in the best way possible. It was dynamic, told told the story well and had both slower and faster paced moments. Sure, extra scenes would've been great, but from technical point of view, I think they weren't necessary that much to improve the overall experience or storytelling. They would have not affected it negatively either, of course.
May 5, 1:14 PM

Jun 2015
This felt like a side quest more than a sequel. There's little progress but it was a nice movie nonetheless. They really need to finish this story.

Ah, that sneaky kiss at the end.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Season 2?

RedS7 - May 14, 2019

20 by Adnash »»
Dec 19, 2023 1:00 AM

» is it just me or is Mumei being so sexualised

filler_032 - Feb 28, 2021

40 by Astraeus_ »»
Nov 15, 2023 7:07 PM

» is this completely original anime??

NaughtySempai - Mar 9, 2022

3 by AnlmeHeaded »»
Jul 21, 2022 1:38 PM

» Why this is called movie 3? Where is the movie 1 and movie 2?

mufarari - Jul 6, 2020

1 by Theo1899 »»
Jul 6, 2020 7:03 AM

» Why the netflix version is longer than the BD version?

FireShadowWolf - May 26, 2020

1 by StalkerFairy »»
May 30, 2020 1:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.