Jul 2009
slime for sure, pacing is trash here.
Feb 20, 2019 10:29 AM

Mar 2018
does it matter both are complete ass
poop
Feb 20, 2019 10:50 AM

Mar 2018
Shield hero definitely. Slime sucks and is boring.
Feb 20, 2019 12:30 PM
Jun 2017
Honestlyitsucks said:
GoatWeaboo said:
Seeing as these two anime have come out in close proximity to each other, what is you take on the superior one.

Even though I am well aware that they are both good shows (got through four episodes of slime and have seen the first episode of shield), I am of the opinion that shield has gripped me more than the first four episodes of slime.

But what is your opinion, the anime community has not seen this many great isekai anime simultaneously before within the span of one season.

Slime anime obviously so far, it is simply fun to watch.

Not obvious you twat
Feb 20, 2019 12:52 PM
Dec 2018
There is no such a thing as a "good isekai", what's even the point of comparing.
A little bit of precision for a large amount of clarity
Feb 20, 2019 12:55 PM
Jan 2018
AddiTeacha2 said:
nina444 said:

ummm , it doesn't prove anythn

It does actually.

??? Those are Mal members right ... yeah it doesn't matter .
Feb 20, 2019 1:10 PM

Oct 2018
Shield Hero is probably the only one that's held my attention for this long.
Feb 20, 2019 3:01 PM
Apr 2016
Mattinator95 said:
AddiTeacha2 said:

It does actually.

The same thing can be said on any statistics. MAL rating system is flawed but the popularity is fairly accurate.
Feb 20, 2019 4:49 PM

Feb 2017
Mattinator95 said:
AddiTeacha2 said:

It does actually.

finally .
an intellectual with the voice of reason
Feb 20, 2019 4:52 PM

Feb 2017
AddiTeacha2 said:
nina444 said:

nop it doesn't .
you don't know how anime industry works do you ?

Yes I do and from what I've seen this show the most popular anime that's airing this season in Japan. Are you saying you have different thoughts?

where's the salty hero you're referring to ?
Feb 20, 2019 5:02 PM

Feb 2017
AddiTeacha2 said:
Mattinator95 said:

The same thing can be said on any statistics. MAL rating system is flawed but the popularity is fairly accurate.

Here's how the slime doing lately .

> No.2 in Oricon series 2018-12 monthly ranking with ¥701.6 mil. mostly from manga sales (volume 10 released).

> No.3 in Oricon series 2019-01 monthly ranking with ¥644.2 mil. This should already included ¥ ~97.6 mil. from BD/DVD sales, and a lot of light novel + manga backlog sales due to new year. All the light novel volumes entered Oricon 2019-01 light novel monthly top 50, and volume 13.5 ranked No.1. Yea, a data book took the top spot of light novel ranking last month...

> Currently the EXQ Rimuru figure are either selling at double to triple the original price (some are even 2nd hand goods) in Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Taiwan. I have seen ¥7000 ~ ¥14000 in Japan (Tokyo and Yokohama). The only place now to buy it with original price in the region is likely via BiliBili (China).

> Light novel is selling around 25K copies of backlogs per month.

> Manga is outselling Attack of Titan in the eBook department of Koudansha. Actually it is outselling nearly everything in the eBook market in Japan based on the 2018 yearly rankings of the major eBook sites as it is ranked either No.1 (manga list) or No.2 in overall sales only behind Overlord LN (Ainz sama is god of eBook 2018). Tensura LN also in top 10~20 in overall 2018.

> Ichiban Kuji volume 2 Japan, has enough stocks to last around 2~3 weeks this time. A few prize F and G in 2nd hand shops.

> Ichiban Kuji volume 2 Taiwan, most of them nearby sold out before 6pm on release day....on a week day. Some are selling the ticket at higher than street price. Seen some prize A alone selling at crazy price.

> Ichiban Kuji volume 2 Hong Kong (2019-01), sold out the same day it released which nobody even noticed. Spent whole day asking around shops but no 2nd hand goods can be found.

> 2018-12 : One Piece, Slime (manga vol.10 + backlog) 2019-01: Idol M@ster, Promised Neverland, Slime (LN 13.5 + backlogs)

> Latest Slime manga (vol.10 released in Dec) is currently selling double the copies of Promised Neverland manga (vol.12 releases in Jan), and now in the same range of My Hero Academy and Attack of Titan per volume sales.

> The series overall is currently at 100+ millions yen revenue weekly since the anime started and this trend is likely to last for a while longer. Oricon doesn’t report on the eBook sales or 3rd party merchandises. I’d estimate they already earned enough for the entire anime (25 episodes + 1 OAD) back in 2018.

> There are reports of Taiwan and Hong Kong (same localization publisher) is seriously having shortage of some LN volumes especially LN 11 which the publisher is sill re-printing to catch up on demands. Funny thing is a lot of people ONLY buy LN 11 to pay respect (there are Chinese fan translations of the LN) which is part of the reason that caused the shortage. LN 12 limited edition (with the Luminous side story booklet) also sold out.
Feb 20, 2019 5:02 PM
Apr 2016
nina444 said:
AddiTeacha2 said:

Yes I do and from what I've seen this show the most popular anime that's airing this season in Japan. Are you saying you have different thoughts?

nina444 said:
AddiTeacha2 said:

"This season" . . ..
Feb 20, 2019 10:44 PM

Aug 2012
Normally I would say shield hero. But if they keep dropping the ball like in this episode when they got Firo saying she wants to be Naofumi's mate which makes no sense it could be that slime gets the upper hand.
Feb 21, 2019 12:12 AM
Jan 2018
nina444 said:
AddiTeacha2 said:

> No.2 in Oricon series 2018-12 monthly ranking with ¥701.6 mil. mostly from manga sales (volume 10 released).

> No.3 in Oricon series 2019-01 monthly ranking with ¥644.2 mil. This should already included ¥ ~97.6 mil. from BD/DVD sales, and a lot of light novel + manga backlog sales due to new year. All the light novel volumes entered Oricon 2019-01 light novel monthly top 50, and volume 13.5 ranked No.1. Yea, a data book took the top spot of light novel ranking last month...

> Currently the EXQ Rimuru figure are either selling at double to triple the original price (some are even 2nd hand goods) in Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Taiwan. I have seen ¥7000 ~ ¥14000 in Japan (Tokyo and Yokohama). The only place now to buy it with original price in the region is likely via BiliBili (China).

> Manga is outselling Attack of Titan in the eBook department of Koudansha. Actually it is outselling nearly everything in the eBook market in Japan based on the 2018 yearly rankings of the major eBook sites as it is ranked either No.1 (manga list) or No.2 in overall sales only behind Overlord LN (Ainz sama is god of eBook 2018). Tensura LN also in top 10~20 in overall 2018.

> Ichiban Kuji volume 2 Japan, has enough stocks to last around 2~3 weeks this time. A few prize F and G in 2nd hand shops.

> Ichiban Kuji volume 2 Taiwan, most of them nearby sold out before 6pm on release day....on a week day. Some are selling the ticket at higher than street price. Seen some prize A alone selling at crazy price.

> Ichiban Kuji volume 2 Hong Kong (2019-01), sold out the same day it released which nobody even noticed. Spent whole day asking around shops but no 2nd hand goods can be found.

> 2018-12 : One Piece, Slime (manga vol.10 + backlog) 2019-01: Idol M@ster, Promised Neverland, Slime (LN 13.5 + backlogs)

> Latest Slime manga (vol.10 released in Dec) is currently selling double the copies of Promised Neverland manga (vol.12 releases in Jan), and now in the same range of My Hero Academy and Attack of Titan per volume sales.

> The series overall is currently at 100+ millions yen revenue weekly since the anime started and this trend is likely to last for a while longer. Oricon doesn’t report on the eBook sales or 3rd party merchandises. I’d estimate they already earned enough for the entire anime (25 episodes + 1 OAD) back in 2018.

> There are reports of Taiwan and Hong Kong (same localization publisher) is seriously having shortage of some LN volumes especially LN 11 which the publisher is sill re-printing to catch up on demands. Funny thing is a lot of people ONLY buy LN 11 to pay respect (there are Chinese fan translations of the LN) which is part of the reason that caused the shortage. LN 12 limited edition (with the Luminous side story booklet) also sold out.
nina444 said:
AddiTeacha2 said:

I think the OP means the anime this season
Feb 21, 2019 3:01 AM
Jan 2019
In the long term, Slime will do better.
The reason it will do better is because it is generally more chill and laid-back and relaxing to watch, thus more able to handle the inevitable patch of bad content in LN.
Shield Hero will inevitably die when the time to cover vol.8-14 of the LNs comes around. I can't see that patch of content to be salvageable almost no matter what.

That's assuming they won't both just die after the first batch of 26 eps. Which is a very likely possibility.
Feb 21, 2019 4:29 AM

Feb 2017
nightcrawlercyp said:
Normally I would say shield hero. But if they keep dropping the ball like in this episode when they got Firo saying she wants to be Naofumi's mate which makes no sense it could be that slime gets the upper hand.

don't worry my dear , Firo will become...
Feb 21, 2019 5:17 AM

Sep 2018
Slime is the better show imo even though shield hero is going to be the most popular show this season.
Feb 21, 2019 7:33 AM

Aug 2012
nina444 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

Not sure if you are a troll or not. I understand why what you said might happen but... If they go that route it would be a poor choice in my opinion
Feb 21, 2019 8:01 AM

Feb 2017
nightcrawlercyp said:
nina444 said:

Not sure if you are a troll or not. I understand why what you said might happen but... If they go that route it would be a poor choice in my opinion

Salty Hero formula is basically; controversial topics = fabulous themes
Lab_Rat_0978Feb 21, 2019 8:08 AM
Feb 21, 2019 8:29 AM

Aug 2012
nina444 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

Salty Hero formula is basically; controversial topics = fabulous themes
Maybe, but that does not equal create a social setup and then just do an 180 just for the wow factor. Generally it does not work.
Feb 21, 2019 12:23 PM
Jan 2018
Is the real goal of this post to start a argument . If so then why hasn't it been removed
Feb 21, 2019 2:07 PM
Dec 2018
Both shows are good but shield hero i think takes the win mostly bc of best waifu of winter 2019 and different isekai protag at lest on both 24 eps
Feb 21, 2019 2:17 PM

Sep 2014
Personally prefer shield more but slime probably has the broader appeal to the general audience.
Feb 21, 2019 3:13 PM

Apr 2007
nightcrawlercyp said:
nina444 said:

It's half troll/half not troll, but it's blown out of proportion. So don't worry about it.
Feb 22, 2019 6:59 AM

Dec 2015
Both of then are average, so I really don't care. Right now, Slime is better because Tate had 3 terrible episodes in a row
Feb 22, 2019 9:03 AM

Oct 2015
Alicization: hm... let's just say, the action animation is cool. Just, I think the story is a bit duller than before. But I know there'll be a war, so I'll look forward to it.

Tensura: Fun to watch, and covering the original story pretty much. It is so light that I had no room to protest. Tho I only read the manga only.

Shield Hero: Only the first episode that get directed correctly. After that, alternative scene everywhere, changing story from original, switching the order of original event, skipping the best part to be the closing of the first volume. Naofumi didn't smile cheerfully that often in the original work. Raphtalia's more like Naofumi's behaviour guardian. The animation got worse. And what I didnt like, is the fanservice part. I meant, they cut precious scenes before, to add garbage story to bait with eros? There's the LN, there's the Manga, extra story written by the author in the printed book, there's the author, so why did ya cut it too much Takao-sandaa!

Dangit pls change the director to Black Bullet's and Abbyss', Kojima-san... it will be better than Abo, I'm sure...

Alicization is cool, Tensura is fun, Shield Hero... I always mad about the adaptation each episode came.
Feb 22, 2019 9:05 AM

Oct 2015
thiago52192 said:
Both of then are average, so I really don't care. Right now, Slime is better because Tate had 3 terrible episodes in a row

agreed, the adaptation is too much different and worse than the original work's atmosphere
AsakaraYorutoFeb 22, 2019 9:09 AM
Feb 25, 2019 6:23 PM

May 2018
I loved the way they both started but I feel the quality has dropped off a bit in both of them the last few episodes. I'd say they were neck and neck at the moment but I would think which ever gets a continuation onto another season will be the winner. If they both get second seasons then which ever gets continued after that. The reason being that in Isekai the depth and complexity of the world-building is the key IMO. I really love Log Horizon for example and that has 50 episodes that leave you happily satisfied - but I know there's still so many new dimensions and dynamics to explore with that show and I just hope we get MORE!!! :D

Feb 25, 2019 6:58 PM

Feb 2017
Shield Hero without a doubt
๐˜ผ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก ๐™™๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ก๐™ก๐™จ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™—๐™ค๐™™๐™ฎ
Mar 14, 2019 11:56 PM

Feb 2019
No one is superior to each other, shield hero started as something different but it strayed too much from what it made unique in the first place while slime had a strong start it started losing its charm after millim was introduced with contents being cut off, so i would say both are average.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Mar 15, 2019 12:16 AM
Jan 2018
The slime appeared earlier than Tate no yuusha, the first time I watched the Slime was captivated because the story was good, but after entering episode 12 around in the middle the story started to be boring and easy to guess because the MC was too strong, while Tate no yuusha had a difficult story, MC nicknamed the weakest hero, he was ostracized by work, his dignity was insulted, really a sad condition, and now even I can't wait for the next episode, waiting for a week is quite painful
Mar 15, 2019 12:20 AM
Oct 2018
Demarcation said:
There is no such a thing as a "good isekai", what's even the point of comparing.

re:zero would like to have a word with you
Mar 15, 2019 12:26 AM

Aug 2012
Gerver said:
Well slime is trash like overlord because of a Mary Sue MC.
While Shieldbro has an actual character arc and has to work to develop his powers and reputation.
Its not even a competition.
I would say is not as bad as Overlord. I see it more as a slice of life anime rather than isekai. That is why I can enjoy it.
Mar 15, 2019 12:30 AM
Jan 2018
nightcrawlercyp said:
Gerver said:
Well slime is trash like overlord because of a Mary Sue MC.
While Shieldbro has an actual character arc and has to work to develop his powers and reputation.
Its not even a competition.
I would say is not as bad as Overlord. I see it more as a slice of life anime rather than isekai. That is why I can enjoy it.
yes I think Slime isn't too bad it's just that I will give a score:
~ Tate No Yuusha: 10
~ Slime: 7.5
Mar 15, 2019 12:52 AM
Oct 2018
shield hero went downhill when they introduced filo.
Mar 15, 2019 1:22 AM

Jul 2016
Shield is superior than Slime. Slime is mediocre from the start.

Mar 15, 2019 1:26 AM
Jan 2018
_Goko said:
Demarcation said:

most people rate the best anime only by looking at a high rating or number of fans, despite the fact that Re Zero has a high enough rating, but on the other hand it also has its drawbacks, MC Subaru is very weak, always repeats the same ignorance in every episode, as if he never want to learn from his own past experience, if compared to Naofumi he is clearly superior, naofumi never repeats stupidity similar to Subaru
Mar 15, 2019 1:29 AM
Jan 2018
Anastasia32 said:
shield hero went downhill when they introduced filo.
filo is just a mascot, and any type of anime must have a mascot in it so the story doesn't look boring
Mar 15, 2019 6:57 PM

Feb 2017
Funny thing i see, SAO fans bring SAO out of nowhere to the discussion —> toxic haters triggered —> toxic SAO fanboy triggered. This is why some fan/hatebase are considered cancerous.
Mar 15, 2019 11:36 PM
Sep 2017
kanthorn said:
Funny thing i see, SAO fans bring SAO out of nowhere to the discussion —> toxic haters triggered —> toxic SAO fanboy triggered. This is why some fan/hatebase are considered cancerous.

Sao is very bipolar on the internet ever since the anime came out in 2012.
So yeah, This nothing new. Also https://www.reddit.com/r/LightNovels/comments/amzh2r/why_sao_seems_more_loved_in_the_ln_community/

Only the anime community is divided.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2019 12:53 AM

Apr 2018
Both are decent. Rezero still much better than both, at least rezero has no shitty harem loli naked fanservice in it, HA :P
Mar 16, 2019 1:14 AM

Apr 2018
MudaMudaGioGio said:
_Goko said:

most people rate the best anime only by looking at a high rating or number of fans, despite the fact that Re Zero has a high enough rating, but on the other hand it also has its drawbacks, MC Subaru is very weak, always repeats the same ignorance in every episode, as if he never want to learn from his own past experience, if compared to Naofumi he is clearly superior, naofumi never repeats stupidity similar to Subaru
subaru is weak because unlike naofumi or rimuru, he has no special weapon or unique skill that can help him in a battle. But as a characher, IMO subaru has a better character development than naofumi. :P
Mar 16, 2019 1:25 AM
Jan 2018
Jfs_Jfsjfsjfs said:
Both are decent. Rezero still much better than both, at least rezero has no shitty harem loli naked fanservice in it, HA :P
Unfortunately everything returns to the taste of fans and honestly I am far like the story of Naofumi compared to Subaru
Mar 16, 2019 3:02 AM
Jan 2013
Slime is too much of a generic joke.It never takes anything seriously.I dropped it quickly.Shield Hero takes itself seriously when it needs to,hence being better.

Mar 17, 2019 9:51 AM

Mar 2017
Konosuba still better than any other modern isekai. Slime, Re:Zero and Shield are not even near same league.
Mar 22, 2019 3:02 AM

Jun 2017
Samy-kun said:

You think so? Episode 10 pretty much made me laugh out loud, the whole episode was hilarious. SAO is still an average Isekai.

Nothing is more cringier than Shield Hero and the perpetual victim complex the character has in the show despite none of it making any sense other than the writer purposefully writing it into it to so that people will get a justice boner when their marty stu self insert avenges them.

Gerver said:

Maybe watch more anime. Your 'actual character who had to struggle' is a 2 dimensional edge lord with no information regarding his past in a setting that makes absolutely no sense with OP super powers who can manifest any power as the plot demands it despite his informed 'weakness'.
Mar 22, 2019 3:23 AM
May 2017
Ariavartan said:
Samy-kun said:

You think so? Episode 10 pretty much made me laugh out loud, the whole episode was hilarious. SAO is still an average Isekai.

Nothing is more cringier than Shield Hero and the perpetual victim complex the character has in the show despite none of it making any sense other than the writer purposefully writing it into it to so that people will get a justice boner when their marty stu self insert avenges them.

Gerver said:

Maybe watch more anime. Your 'actual character who had to struggle' is a 2 dimensional edge lord with no information regarding his past in a setting that makes absolutely no sense with OP super powers who can manifest any power as the plot demands it despite his informed 'weakness'.

Im sorry there is absolutely no victim complex here.
But i give you still some room to think about it. When you say this again after episode 24 you need to check the screws in your head.
Mar 23, 2019 10:32 AM

Sep 2015
Ariavartan said:

Maybe watch more anime.

Maybe start reading ranobe.
The opinions of people with shit taste, such as yourself, may differ of course.
Mar 24, 2019 1:47 AM
Mar 2019
Samy-kun said:
Ariavartan said:

Im sorry there is absolutely no victim complex here.
But i give you still some room to think about it. When you say this again after episode 24 you need to check the screws in your head.
I am a slime anime fan in terms of slime animation far superior to Tate no Yuusha Maybe the effect is due to differences in the studio that adapts, Kinema Citrus is just a studio that is less populating and bad, but after reading LN I think Tate no Yuusha is far superior in terms of development stories and far darker certainly like the story of Re Zero, it must be terrible to be adapted by a bad studio like that
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2019

402 by MaauFe »»
May 20, 4:42 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2019

546 by ridly »»
May 6, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2019

243 by ridly »»
May 6, 6:22 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

271 by Der_Body »»
Apr 26, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2019

169 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 26, 8:10 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.