Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Is Altair the most powerful anime character we have seen yet in any anime? (spoiler)

New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 11, 2017 1:30 PM
Jul 2014
john985 said:
firemagnet said:

Now that's interesting.

That Thomas Edison is even in F/GO...............................who are they going to have next, Nikolai Tesla and Abraham Lincolin?

We already have Nikolai Tesla as a servant.

His NP is System Keraunos: Legend of Mankind - Advent of Lightning

is the Noble Phantasm of Nikola Tesla, the sublimation of his various exploits during life and the mystery of many supernatural legends related to him. It is a powerful Noble Phantasm that emits a "furious power" that can be likened to the second coming of gods of thunder and lightning from various mythologies. Allows him for an extremely powerful electromagnetism manipulation ability even without its True Name being released. Its function upon its name being called destroys the surrounding area through the "outbreak of a limited, quasi-like space-time dislocation".

*headdesk*

Mythic lore with some ancient historic characters who are idolized is interesting. This is a bit too much, though.

Now all we need is FDR and his noble phantasm "arsenal of liberty."
Sep 11, 2017 3:45 PM

Nov 2012
In my opinion, Thomas Edison in FGO looks preposterous, like a merger of Kimba the White Lion, Captain America, Iron Man, Rainbow Dash and some random pieces of technology that don't even look admirable. He's simply overdone. Undoubtedly, he could had been designed in a more fitting way. Elizabeth Bathory, Jack the Ripper, Shuten Douji, Caesar - they look really tasteless and unappetizing. Boudica looks a much worse version of Celesia.
Compared to The Silly Lion, Altair looks very polished, graceful and majestic. She was created by Rei Hiroe himself, no wonder why. It's like hell and heaven in every way. I don't even like Edison that much, Tesla was a more significant person and only recently his grand accomplishments gained proper attention from the public. Thanks to the Internet, of course. Unfortunately, I dislike his design.
Sep 11, 2017 3:47 PM

Feb 2016
No just no there are so many characters who are far more powerful there are true omnipotents, nigh omnipotents, and alot more Altair is pretty weak tbh
Sep 11, 2017 3:52 PM

Feb 2016
Zantius said:
This thread belongs on VS Battles Wiki because I can see it's gonna reach hella cancer in a few hours.

ewww Vsbattles is a shit site, only anime wank on that site
Sep 11, 2017 4:07 PM

Nov 2012
I am positive, Ajimu Najimi from Medaka Box wouldn't have any problems in defeating Altair. She is literally omniscient and controls infinity.
Sep 11, 2017 6:48 PM

Sep 2010
In my opinion, I think she's the strongest fictional character to date. She breaks the 4th wall and can alter any character that's bound to their lore. Omnipotent gods in fiction like "The One Above All" and "Kami Tenchi" are characters bound to their stories and have vague abilities of being omnipresent and such, but its never applied outside their stories. The fact that she has an endless supply of abilities written by creators, but also real life creators like us. (In episode 20, they showed actual Pixiv fan arts like this one. She's fueled by our creativity and that makes her strong. (https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=62393965)

Also an **extensive** list of Altair’s Known Abilities and Powers (Bolded her strongest ones I thought deserved to be noted):

Sep 11, 2017 7:19 PM

Mar 2017
If Altair is an existence born from human imagination, then maybe, the perfect 'counter' for her is someone who owned any and all of human creation, from past and future. That man is Gilgamesh, the oldest known 'hero' known to man, because he is also a historical figure, Gilgamesh does not count as a 'creation' and thus Altair cannot erase his existence, despite Gilgamesh also being born from literary work, that is, the oldest literary work known to man, Epic of Gilgamesh. In the Epic of Gilgamesh, it is said that he owned and collected every fruits born from human creation.

If Altair owns Holopsicon, a device born as the culmination of literary tropes and human imagination, then Gilgamesh, as the first 'hero' of a literary work that 'owned' all human creation, should have something to counter it. It is possible that in the world with the same mechanism as Re:Creator, Gilgamesh will own the Holopsicon itself as one of his 'collected' treasure.

So, I say this : Gilgamesh can beat Altair.

Please don't take this comment seriously
ThirtyFour34Sep 11, 2017 7:25 PM
Sep 11, 2017 7:24 PM

Aug 2013
34ThirtyFour said:
If Altair is an existence born from human imagination, then maybe, the perfect 'counter' for her is someone who owned any and all of human creation, from past and future. That man is Gilgamesh, the oldest known 'hero' known to man, because he is also a historical figure, Gilgamesh also does not count as a 'creation', despite also born from the oldest literary works. In the Epic of Gilgamesh, it is said that he owned and collected every fruits born from human creation.

If Altair owns Holopsicon, a device born as the culmination of literary tropes and human imagination, then Gilgamesh, as the first 'hero' of a literary work that 'owned' all human creation, should have something to counter it. It is possible that in the world with the same mechanism as Re:Creator, Gilgamesh will own the Holopsicon itself as one of his 'collected' treasure.

So, I say this : Gilgamesh can beat Altair.

Please don't take this comment seriously

If it wasn't for that last part, I was gonna flip a table. Boi....
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 11, 2017 7:26 PM

Mar 2016
No because Goku is the strongest warrior in the universes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2017 8:40 PM

Mar 2017
But seriously tho. Gilgamesh's Gate of Babylon, a treasury containing all human creation from past and future, is conceptually the exact counter for Altair's Holopsicon, a 'plot device' that is born from imaginations of humanity.

Because if Holopsicon is indeed something made from human concepts or imagination, then Gate of Babylon should have the 'origin' or prototype for it that can be used to counter Holopsicon, because GoB basically contains "All Creation of Humanity".

Then again, I haven't even watched Re:Creators so what do I know...
Sep 11, 2017 9:20 PM
Jul 2014
34ThirtyFour said:
But seriously tho. Gilgamesh's Gate of Babylon, a treasury containing all human creation from past and future, is conceptually the exact counter for Altair's Holopsicon, a 'plot device' that is born from imaginations of humanity.

Because if Holopsicon is indeed something made from human concepts or imagination, then Gate of Babylon should have the 'origin' or prototype for it that can be used to counter Holopsicon, because GoB basically contains "All Creation of Humanity".

Then again, I haven't even watched Re:Creators so what do I know...

That depends. In the Fate series, Gilgamesh's Gate of Babylon contains every weapon made by mankind *in his own universe*. Since Altair exists outside, can freely enter and exit it at will, and is not bound by its laws.........well, you get the picture.

Now, if we're talking *our* Gilgamesh, I think that even mythic Gilgamesh would be in a lot of trouble. Since Gilgamesh is a fiction that exists in the Re:Creators world, as it is a copy of our own world until about the middle of 2016, she'd be able to separate him from his myth using Fate Alteration.

Sep 11, 2017 11:23 PM
Nov 2008
No, that spot belongs to Najimi Ajimu from Medaka Box or other Omnipotent Characters.
Altair has Limitations so she is just Nighomnipotent.
Sep 12, 2017 12:12 AM

Mar 2017
firemagnet said:
That depends. In the Fate series, Gilgamesh's Gate of Babylon contains every weapon made by mankind *in his own universe*. Since Altair exists outside, can freely enter and exit it at will, and is not bound by its laws.........well, you get the picture.

Now, if we're talking *our* Gilgamesh, I think that even mythic Gilgamesh would be in a lot of trouble. Since Gilgamesh is a fiction that exists in the Re:Creators world, as it is a copy of our own world until about the middle of 2016, she'd be able to separate him from his myth using Fate Alteration.

Well, that's not the case here.

Theoritically, Gilgamesh can own Holospicon inside his Gate of Babylon, as the direct result of Altair's very existence, as recorded in Akashic Record, a concept outside time and space, just like Altair herself. That's just how Gate of Babylon works, just like how Holospicon work.

All things that has been or will be created or imagined by human will be contained inside Gate of Babylon, no matter which universe they're in. Because in the end, Altair herself is just a fictional character, or in this case, a "Creation" made by the author of Re:Creators, or in-universe, by 'unlimited creators'.

But I think there's other character from Nasuverse more suited to defeat the Ultimate Mary Sue, and he's even considered to be the weakest Servant. William Shakespeare. Mind Rape is OP.
Sep 12, 2017 2:28 AM

Nov 2016
No, Saitama is the strongest anime character of all time.
Sep 12, 2017 7:39 AM

Nov 2012
alvinozthadr said:
No, Saitama is the strongest anime character of all time.

You must be joking! ... You probably are, as the whole anime is a parody and you have Re:C in favourites.

One use of Holopsicon Thirteenth Movement of Cosmos : Outline Origin and Saitama is back to his original state before gaining his incredible powers. Too broken for OPM, he's just physical. You can't destroy her in that way. Tatsumaki also wouldn't stand a chance (but would win with Meteora).
Sep 12, 2017 8:21 AM
Apr 2016
HalAnime said:
In my opinion, I think she's the strongest fictional character to date. She breaks the 4th wall and can alter any character that's bound to their lore. Omnipotent gods in fiction like "The One Above All" and "Kami Tenchi" are characters bound to their stories and have vague abilities of being omnipresent and such, but its never applied outside their stories. The fact that she has an endless supply of abilities written by creators, but also real life creators like us. (In episode 20, they showed actual Pixiv fan arts like this one. She's fueled by our creativity and that makes her strong. (https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=62393965)

Also an **extensive** list of Altair’s Known Abilities and Powers (Bolded her strongest ones I thought deserved to be noted):

Okay not that I hate it or anything but what's with everybody copy and pasting my list of Altair's ability from YouTube. This is like the third time somebody did this on the internet.
Peter16373Sep 12, 2017 8:42 AM
Sep 12, 2017 9:53 AM

Sep 2010
Peter16373 said:
HalAnime said:

Okay not that I hate it or anything but what's with everybody copy and pasting my list of Altair's ability from YouTube. This is like the third time somebody did this on the internet.

I don't read every post in this thread, so I put it in spoiler in case someone already posted it. And I found it from Tumblr so no idea it was yours, though its more up to date than the re creators wikipedia so props to you?
Sep 12, 2017 10:04 AM
Apr 2016
HalAnime said:
Peter16373 said:

I don't read every post in this thread, so I put it in spoiler in case someone already posted it. And I found it from Tumblr so no idea it was yours, though its more up to date than the re creators wikipedia so props to you?

Yeah that is definitely mine. The first time I saw that copy and pasted was under gogoanime's comments. Here's the picture from YouTube.

https://imgur.com/a/qeh8E
Sep 14, 2017 10:57 PM
Jan 2017
Peter16373 said:
HalAnime said:

Yeah that is definitely mine. The first time I saw that copy and pasted was under gogoanime's comments. Here's the picture from YouTube.

Looks good! Great work.
Sep 15, 2017 2:42 AM

Nov 2016
Peter16373 said:
HalAnime said:

I have seen that 2 weeks ago
Sep 15, 2017 5:47 AM
Aug 2011
34ThirtyFour said:
firemagnet said:

Well, that's not the case here.

Theoritically, Gilgamesh can own Holospicon inside his Gate of Babylon, as the direct result of Altair's very existence, as recorded in Akashic Record, a concept outside time and space, just like Altair herself. That's just how Gate of Babylon works, just like how Holospicon work.

All things that has been or will be created or imagined by human will be contained inside Gate of Babylon, no matter which universe they're in. Because in the end, Altair herself is just a fictional character, or in this case, a "Creation" made by the author of Re:Creators, or in-universe, by 'unlimited creators'.

But I think there's other character from Nasuverse more suited to defeat the Ultimate Mary Sue, and he's even considered to be the weakest Servant. William Shakespeare. Mind Rape is OP.

You misunderstand his ability. His ability only works on Material thing. That's why he said he don't have God Hand of Hercules because that is feat base ability.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2017 5:53 AM

May 2015
Stick with poo on it is stronger.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 15, 2017 5:56 AM

Aug 2014

In conclusion, no.
Sep 15, 2017 9:25 AM

Nov 2012
Insertanamehere said:

In conclusion, no.

I am not Naruto expert and I won't even read text on the right as it is some very high level of otaku rant copied and pasted from somewhere that is supposed to be funny.

I disagree with Gilgamesh defeating Altair. He has no chance of doing so.

Why?
Because even though he can undoubtedly asspull multitudinous things from various places in varied time periods and separate universes, it is still all inside NASUVERSE. Altair is boundless in this regard, she can go ANYWHERE, including the world he's in. There was however a scene in Fate Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya 3rei!! episode 2 (in the "natural gas" crater) when Child-Gil plucked dragon balls and other things but it should be probably considered as a gag.
I can imagine Gilgamesh trying to attack her while she discloses "Horopushiko" XY Movement of Kosumo: "SOMETHING" and makes her villainous smile.
Sep 15, 2017 3:09 PM

Aug 2014
Mozek said:
Insertanamehere said:

In conclusion, no.

I am not Naruto expert and I won't even read text on the right as it is some very high level of otaku rant copied and pasted from somewhere that is supposed to be funny.

Sep 16, 2017 1:42 PM

Jul 2012
The only thing that can beat Altair is my original character, who is a Nyte.

He has no real name, because he doesn't originate from a reality where sentient beings exist, or where the concept of "naming" is used. Out of all of the Nytes that exist however, he is the first one. Other Nytes refer to him as 01.

Nytes are beings that program and modify existence. Underneath existence includes any and all universes. Nytes can omnipotently manifest within any existence and control or edit anything.

Just like Altair, they are born from Touhou fandom, so no problems there.

A Nyte wouldn't even need to battle Altair. Altair would only be able to "fight" a materialization of himself in her current universe, which isn't even fully him. It'd be like attacking a computer and expecting the person through webcam to die.

In any case, he'd just edit her powers away, or delete her entry for existence.

Nytes don't normally bother to interact with any specific universe, however, because doing such a thing is far below them. A game designer would not try to seriously hold a conversation with their NPCs. Or more accurately, your computer harddrive wouldn't waste time "playing games".

This particular Nyte is corrupted and exiled as a defect from the rest of them, and thus less powerful than those ones. His defect is that he now has a personal force of will, as opposed to being part of the overall system.

He became corrupted in this way after manifesting himself in an anomalous universe with sentient beings. After having gained a taste of what it's like to be alive, he became biased in favor of maintaining such a state of being and wanting to experience what existence is like in some of the many universes the Nytes system maintains.

In this guy's case, he has gained enough of a sense of fun that he would at least materialize himself as a being of equal power to Altair, to have a fair match with her.

In which case, it'd be no different from a heroic battle between Fate characters. Most of Altair's godmod abilities would be stopped by the Nyte's cancelation effect, thus it would break down to their actual combat prowess.

Since it's two fandom characters supported by massive audiences, people will still attempt to godmod both of their combat prowess's anyway, and it would be a stalemate. Any time Altair is actually damaged, she will reconstruct herself or reverse cause and effect on the Nyte. The Nyte's atoms manifested in this world wouldn't exactly be bound by internal organs or other silly things like that, so he wouldn't really be hurt - and he would probably reverse cause and effect back on her, creating an infinite loop, which he would break by directing it away from both of them.

However, from the start, Altair is implied on having powers on a universal/existential level with limits that break at some point, and Nytes are implied as having powers transcending the universe and existence with no limits. With both of that being told to the audience, people will psychologically be driven to accept that that is what their designs simply are, and thus if their powers are really defined by acceptance of their characters, the Nytes would be accepted as being more powerful.

Technically, the reason they're fighting must be considered too. 01 would definitely be forced to initiate against Altair, as there would be no need for them to fight otherwise. 01 would be the one intruding in the first place because he's from outside of all existence, and his appearance would certainly alert Altair, and perhaps anger or scare her, since there are very few things that should be able to "sneak up on her like that". In the anime, Altair was pitted against people who care about that particular universe that she is directly the enemy of, but 01 is more or less an indifferent outsider. If 01 didn't post a threat to her at all, she'd have no reason to treat him as anything more than a bystander, and she'd perhaps start out on the defensive against the being who managed to materialize before her with seemingly no explanation. 01, knowing this, would probably freeze many of the movements in her Holopscion to provoke her, or something, and let her know that he's a threat. After all, getting the first attack is a huge advantage.

Eventually 01 will tell her it was fun, but he has other things to do, and disappear.

----

Also, while Altair can get abilities from her audience of fandom members, she doesn't quite have the ability to just make up abilities for herself, which is something Nytes can do.

If she were able to revert 01 back to "the beginning of his story", he would simply be reverted to the omnipotent being he already was, but without his corruption. If Altair were to press any kind of attack against that, she would find herself unable to affect it in any way, shape, or form in the first place.

Luckily, the outcome of 01 and Altairs battle is already pre-calculated by their backstories. 01 is only enjoying existence, and has no reason to really dictate how existence flows, even though he can. So even if he were to kill Altair, he'd recreate her existence due to having gained a sense of sympathy and care from his corruption - he wouldn't be satisfied with ending the existence of something that was already there prematurely.

Of course, he doesn't go around creating existences willy-nilly just so they can exist and experience the same happiness as he does, nor does he go and give instant gratification to the existences of various universes out there, because he is omniscient. Because he's omniscient, he already knows what any and all scenarios will be like. He knows such a huge amount of possibilities, that the only reason he can stay happy with his corrupted self is that any individual possibility can only be singled out to himself by experiencing it directly. In other words, it's the difference between having memories and an understanding of what happiness is like, versus actually engaging in something that makes you happy - even if you already know what it's like, there is a point to experiencing it firsthand.

He could also choose to instantly gratify himself by creating a universe for him to play around in, which he does, but he finds it less interesting to do than visiting universes that he did not lay out of his own accord.

If you've been keeping up with Kubikiri Cycle, it's the same sort of deal as the genius prodigy blue haired girl when she "Can think of so many possibilities for how things can happen, but it's hard to filter it down to one possibility".
ChdataSep 16, 2017 2:39 PM
~ Ch-ch-ch-data

Visit my Discord community: VGData.
For games, anime, & music.
Nov 5, 2017 5:28 AM

Sep 2014
I think, personally, SAITAMA is the most powerful anime character. Reason? Simple, he is a parody character precisely created to be the ultimate superhero. Though we havent truly see the limits of his power (if there's any), but we can safely assume that his power will continue to outperform any opponent no matter who they are because that is simply who he is (+ with the will of the creator).
Nov 19, 2017 2:01 AM
Jun 2017
Lina inverse and the lord of nightmares aka giga slave
Dec 17, 2017 6:09 AM
Dec 2017
Chiyousagi said:
Peter16373 said:
No she's not the most powerful anime character of all time. However she does currently hold the title alongside Sirius as one of the most powerful non planet busting or higher anime characters. Their hax are so powerful they could pretty much solo most mainstream series like Dragon Ball pretty easily despite not having the raw power due to hax alone. But that's just for the popular mainstream animes. These are Altair's current known abilities.

Altair's Current Known Abilities and Powers (Excluding her ability to get more abilities):

Superhuman Strength (Casually caught Vogelchevalier’s sword with 2 fingers then tossed it.)

Reality Warping (Holopsicon can freely enter and leave Story worlds while pulling other characters in and out of the stories as well as other offensive reality warping stuff.)

Existence Reformat (Holopsicon Third Movement of Cosmos, Representation Exposition (Can reformat anything into something else including living creatures. Turned Sword Rebellion into a flower as well as living humans in her video.)

Plot Manipulation (Holopsicon Thirteenth Movement of Cosmos, Outline Origin (Controls the plot can remove all the power ups a character has received during their series and effectively resetting them back to their Beginning of Series self.)

Conceptual Manipulation (Can control concepts so that only conceptual attacks or attacks boosted by conceptual manipulation can damage her.)

Physical Damage Immunity (Via Conceptual Manipulation cannot take damage from physical attacks or anything that aren't boosted by conceptual manipulation or existence erasure based.)

Causality Manipulation (Holopsicon Fourteenth Movement of Cosmos, The Vicissitude of Fortune (Reverses cause and effect by reflecting the damage she was supposed to take from getting hit by something back at her enemy.)

Fate Manipulation (Was stated to be able to control characters destinies.)

Summoning or Creation (Can summon or create swords out of thin air.)

Telekinesis (Telekinetically control her summoned or created swords.)

Flight (Can fly.)

Teleportation (Can teleport out of the Selesia’s nigh-undodgeable Ionion Aphoria conceptual attack which traps its target within an infinite space.)

Power Mimicry (Holopsicon Twentieth Movement of Cosmos, Factor Mimic (Can make perfect copies of her enemies also hasn't shown a limit on how many she can copy at once.)

Precognition (Can predict what happens in the future learned of Aliceteria’s betrayal as well as all of Meteora’s plans.)

Power Nullification (Nullified Blitz’s gravity bullet.)

Existence Erasure (Holopsicon Ninth Movement of Cosmos, Fate Restoration (Erased Vogelchevalier, Hangaku and Bayard from existence, was stated by Yuya to also be able to do it to living creatures like himself and the other Creations.)

Paralysis (Sirius paralyzed Altair before using Existence Change.)

Possession (Holopsicon Sixty-Sixth Movement of Cosmos, Existence Change (Takes over her enemies entire existence while maintaining all her own abilities.)

Regeneration level Mid-Godly (Can regenerate after getting her existence (Mind, body, soul, and consciousness) completely erased from the universe by Sirius.)

All I can say is either the characters are dumb/weak as fuck(hint:blitz) in re:creators or altair is OP ONLY in a re:creator setting. Imagine if altair travel to selesia's world setting, depending on how specific "acceptance" is being defined, altair may just be a helpless military uniform girl since no tv/internet/media there lulz.

Acceptance is always from the real world as thats where all the anime is created so she will always have a source of power since she isnt an official anime or game her powerbase is infinte concepts of her she isnt an official anime character there is not story so she wouldnt get debuffed from non acceptance like the other characters would she literally said it herself in the anime she isnt like them she would never be powerless in those worlds because they are just anime and her existence and abilities defy the law of any world she is in thus the problems with worlds colliding in the first place. She isnt restricted by copyrights or trademarks or patents so anyone who comes up with a new concept of her just adds more powers to her. The real world in the anime is supposed to be real life as in our world. an example would be if this happened in real life and our altair was someone like natsu from fairytail or goku from dbz they would be basically immortal if they were in the same position that altair is in as we would just add more power to them to make them more cooler not knowing that all our individual concepts of them were just giving them more powers if someone in the anime who made a concept of her as infallible of immortal then this anime would only be able to go one way. Her ownly weakness is the abilities she hasnt received as one of her concepts if someone knew about everything that was going on and gave her immunity to the reality disruption an world balance elasticity stuff then she would theoretically be immune and be able to go all out from the start
Dec 17, 2017 3:54 PM
Jul 2014
ScotNight said:

Acceptance is always from the real world as thats where all the anime is created so she will always have a source of power since she isnt an official anime or game her powerbase is infinte concepts of her she isnt an official anime character there is not story so she wouldnt get debuffed from non acceptance like the other characters would she literally said it herself in the anime she isnt like them she would never be powerless in those worlds because they are just anime and her existence and abilities defy the law of any world she is in thus the problems with worlds colliding in the first place. She isnt restricted by copyrights or trademarks or patents so anyone who comes up with a new concept of her just adds more powers to her. The real world in the anime is supposed to be real life as in our world. an example would be if this happened in real life and our altair was someone like natsu from fairytail or goku from dbz they would be basically immortal if they were in the same position that altair is in as we would just add more power to them to make them more cooler not knowing that all our individual concepts of them were just giving them more powers if someone in the anime who made a concept of her as infallible of immortal then this anime would only be able to go one way. Her only weakness is the abilities she hasnt received as one of her concepts if someone knew about everything that was going on and gave her immunity to the reality disruption an world balance elasticity stuff then she would theoretically be immune and be able to go all out from the start

Essentially this. If we go strictly universe to universe, Altair isn't the strongest, and sits somewhere around Gilgamesh's level.

On the other hand, if we assume hierarchy of universes and understand that the Fate/Stay Night universe exists within Re:Creators as well, we get something like this:

our world
|
|
v
Re:Creators
|
|
v
Every other anime universe

In theory, therefore, so long as she summons any anime character to the world of Re:Creators, she'd be functionally omnipotent simply because she can draw on the power of every creator within Re:Creators.

Dec 19, 2017 1:04 AM

Sep 2009
Fucking faaaaaaaar from it.

Her powers derive from people imagining it in some form of media. It's inherently limited by other people's imagination and by proxy the audience of human beings who are conscientiously aware.

There are characters out there with similar designs which stem from a much more reliable, or at least unrestricted, "battery".

I might argue she's the most versatile though.
Dec 23, 2017 10:01 AM

Jun 2015
Well there is Eucliwood Hellscythe so...

I'm even convinced that she could take down Saitama if she wanted too.
Dec 23, 2017 3:23 PM
Jan 2017
Splakitengteng said:

She can demolish Saitama with Outline origin. She's on a different playing field
Dec 24, 2017 10:12 PM
Aug 2017
nope.
Any of the Joestars would kick the shit out of Altair.

Any joestar would just have to kill altars creator before Altair was created and then Altair would never exist. She would be unable to do anything.

More powers doesn't necessarily mean more strength.

Point and case.

Lets all go home now bois.
EntriasDec 24, 2017 10:57 PM
Jan 12, 2018 7:58 PM

Oct 2014
The Hadou gods from Dies Irae wreck her ass.
Jan 13, 2018 7:46 AM
Jan 2018
She's powerful but doubt even in top 10
Jan 17, 2018 9:56 PM

Aug 2014
Splakitengteng said:

Now that you mentioned it there's Characters that uniquely made with broken ability except it was balanced.
Eucliwood word can make everything happen without any acception from viewers as long target is in the area.

Touma from index is ridiculously weak human being but that right hand literally have omnipotent power to erase any illusion or magic.

Othinus(full power) from Index also have the godlike power to manifest the world itself creating multiple parallel universe. (The story conclusion form index arc are similar with recreate except it delivered nicely).

Madara? Yeah i am not sure how his full power even works same with Kaguya.

In the Multiverse character will always be broken especially those with infinite omnipotent power that doesn't require backup to release their power.

Man talk about broken i wonder if this thing exists in real world, how many creators get their ass killed to bad ending that their creation never wanted.
Jan 25, 2018 7:49 PM

Nov 2013
One thing to note, at least on the show all of her "Holopsicon Moves" aren't passive abilities but active ones, so technically any character that can insta-kill undetected(or from far away) should be able to defeat her (i.e Othinus with Gungnir, Tet, Jibril without restrictions, Shiba Tatsuya).
Jan 26, 2018 5:13 AM
Jan 2018
She's powerful but doubt in top 10.
Jan 27, 2018 2:16 AM

Dec 2016
No she's not the most powerful, because Umineko no Naku Koro ni exists. But that doesn't change the fact that Altair is a very powerful being.

Forget controlling time, space, or countering the Holopsicon, these characters from Umineko could freely manipulate concepts of reality themselves and exist on a higher plane of existence than Altair, and at that point, there IS no point lol: Bernkastel, Lambdadelta, Beatrice, and there are more, but they are spoilers, so I won't say.

Edit: I find it funny that the strongest anime characters might come from the mystery genre anime of all places XD.
ShionJan 27, 2018 2:31 AM
Feb 25, 2018 6:01 PM

Nov 2016
I don't think Altair is the most OP character in all of anime. She is strong, but I highly doubt she could solo some of the more high-tier anime shows like Dragon ball super, Gurren lagann, or Digimon(There is actually some pretty op characters in that verse)

There is a site called "vs Battles wiki" that does a pretty good job of scaling her power compare to other anime if you want to check it out.
Finalfinish02Feb 26, 2018 6:25 PM
Feb 25, 2018 10:37 PM
Jan 2017
vs battles wiki only takes into account what she has done before Ep. 22 so she has like dozen abilities on that site to make the battles actually work. Holopsicon is impossibly broken, her power is that Altair can turn the most powerful anime characters into pretty little girls if you make a fanfic about it, and there is nothing as such on that website.
Cour_VictorFeb 25, 2018 10:40 PM
Feb 28, 2018 2:32 PM
Jan 2018
She is dependent somewhat on other people which takes away her opness a bit.
Mar 4, 2018 11:44 PM
Feb 2018
Altair is, if this makes any sense, not the "strongest" character of all time, but she might be the most "OP".
Her ability to simply controll Destiny, Remove Plot Armor, Transform characters to their original states makes her able to beat any "accumilating power houses" (Goku, Naruto, etc)
Manipulating Cause and Effect as well as creating Copies of anyone/anything to fight for her makes her able to beat just about any character with overwelming power from the start (Zen-Oh erases her? Zen-Oh is erased instead)
Basicly, she cant be beat by any fictional character even if that character is "stronger".

She could also possibly be the most powefull for all we know as we never saw the full extent of her power, but seeing as how she could create a new world instanlty, she might also be able to destroy one instantly, but this is a bit head cannon.

She is at the very least high up on the list of "Unbeatable" characters.

tl;dr
I votet that she is the strongest for simplicity but there is more neuance to it imo
Apr 12, 2018 5:35 PM

Oct 2014
Having just read up on Re:Creators, I can't help but remember "God" from Marvel, who happens to be Jack Kirby.

http://www.cracked.com/article_18835_5-absurd-ways-comic-books-have-resurrected-dead-superheroes.html

http://s3.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/4/1/7/36417.jpg?v=1

I also remember Superboy Prime, a guy from Earth-Prime, a place that is exactly like the Earth in Re:Creators where all the stories come from. Apparently this guy is immune to any and all kind of reality-warping abilities, and his Retcon Punch, a punch so hard it restarted the universe.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Kal-El_(Earth-Prime)

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/superboy-prime-retcon-punch-vs-wally-west-infinite-1867744/
May 21, 2018 11:37 PM
Jul 2012
Altair is extremely powerful due to all her hacks abilities.

But if we were to judge her strength and power, they are both at a superhuman level.

So comparing characters who are extremely strong and extremely fast could defeat her before she uses her abilities.

For example let's say Altair vs. Goku.

Goku moves like trillions of times faster than the speed of light and has attacks that could easily vaporize galaxies and I'm downplaying here. So if they were to fight before Altair could even start blinking Goku would destroy her. He would move too fast for to her start using her hacks abilities. If for any reason Goku does let her use her hacks abilities then I could definitely see this going the other way but assuming this is a death battle, I believe she stands no chance against Goku.

I think people are jumping on her hacks abilities but are just forgetting fundamental concepts like speed and strength, this is why I believe characters who are vastly faster and stronger than her can beat her.

Altair is strong due to her hacks but shes just way too slow and physically weak for some of the strongest Anime characters out there.

In short before she can use her abilities she can be beaten.

Altair is not the strongest character, not by a long shot.
LightBlade97May 22, 2018 7:04 PM
May 23, 2018 1:02 PM
Oct 2016
You did not count One Punch Man
Nov 24, 2018 3:25 AM

Aug 2015
There are always deities beyond imagination in anime that we haven't seen so it's not possible to say that someone is stronger than all the rest, because there will always be superior manga & anime deities out there
Nov 24, 2018 6:21 AM

Oct 2014
I didn't watch re:creators, but judging from the abilities presented in this thread, isn't Altairs weakness basically any character that managed to free themselves of "fate" and become an existence that wasn't supposed to be alive or at least not relevant in the grand scheme of things? If fate is seen as the universe's mechnism to make all the "characters" follow the "script", then anyone who breaks through it would at the very least have the ability to resist attacks by any "author"-type character, no?

With that said, following characters might be a danger to Altair:

Saitama, as the prophesy for Boros was supposedly refering to Garou, so Saitama unknowingly interefered with Boros' Fate and it's implied that Saitama broke through the limits imposed upon him by Fate, and because of that was "outside the box" and therefore had no further restrictions on his growth anymore.

Rimuru Tempest, at the end of the Web Novel version, as he reaches a realm where causality no longer affects him and he gains immunity against things like the grandfather paradox, for example, which means he is no longer being affected by the concept of causality so he'd be able to resist or outright block any transformation abilities used on him.

Kamijou Touma, as he has Imagine Breaker and the "Invisible Thing"/Dragon hidden within it, whose characteristics are to "reset" everything to it's natural state, so Altair's powers might be negated because the changes might be considered "unnatural".

Ushiromiya Battler, as Endless Nine blocks any supernatural and even metaphysical effects on him and makes him entirely immune even against the strongest of fictional characters from other fictional works. The only way to actually attack him is by properly following the rules of his own world and I don't know if Altair possesses the capabilities to do it that way.

Featherine Augustus Aurora, as her abilities are pretty much the same as Altair's from what I can tell. Featherine also has "author" abilities and can do absurd things like literally writing what happens next. Think of her ability as a user of a Death Note, but without being restricted to only death, but she does have a weakness though, which is her horns. If they get damaged, she'll lose her memory. But that can only happen if she let's her guard down. It's unclear how her abilities interact with other "author types".

Ushiromiya Ange, as her ability at the end of the Sound Novel is also of the "author type", as she can endlessly kill and revive whoever she wants. She basically gets "on/off" switch for any characters, which by itself is pretty OP. It's unclear how her ability interact with other "author types".
Grey-ZoneNov 24, 2018 6:25 AM
Nov 24, 2018 8:02 AM

Aug 2015
GangsterCat said:
our lord and savior Aizen is far stronger

Best copypasta ever
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

401 by Selcukyilmaz »»
May 14, 8:08 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

236 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 4, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

122 by KirinMeta2 »»
Apr 3, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2017

306 by AndrersVonPanda »»
Mar 3, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

267 by Code0018 »»
Jan 10, 12:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.