Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 21, 2017 2:19 AM

Sep 2010
can't say I like Charon very much (for now at least)
Aug 21, 2017 2:32 AM

Jun 2010
Shingster said:
It will be unusual if Megane did not appear here though. Blitz's daughter was brought back by as a result of the crossover that was created for this final battle eh. For new abilities and new characters the key word is after all acceptance from the fans. Without it it will never work. Im glad that in the end that it did though. Blitz's hardened nature is lost when he's with his beloved daughter eh. The reunion between the two was pretty heartwarming though as was seeing him apologize to her. Still Blitz's creator is right is that this is his choice to make in deciding who to help after all. Its funny seeing Souta rebuff Magane's words there though and show his determination. Given their past the fight between Yuya and Sho is also on a personal level as well. Wow never expected Hikayu to take to the field though and be the one to save Yuya. Lol her words as she entered the field though. No matter the media whether is anime, manga or light novel fan approval is the key after all. Without it all will be forgotten. Its funny that at this point Megane is still trying to scheme. But i never expected Magane to actually help Souta unlock the locks that hampered him though. Its funny but i never expected Magane and Souta to be able to understand each other so easily though.
Hmm despite being scared Hikayu is still determined to fight eh. To think that Magane will give Hangaku back though. Well things between Yuya and Sho should be much more equal i think.

Magane only ever wants to be entertained it seems. Hikayu's reaction to Blitz's comment about her outfit though lol. Hmm its nice that Blitz decided to switch sides after meeting his daughter though. Hmm things really are intensifying with Blitz's defection and now Alice's new equipment. To think that Sho is now trapped between Blitz and Yuya though. Wow Hikayu really can fight when she's serious eh. Its nice Meterora, Selestia and Rui work together to take on their common enemy though. Wow so Sho's reason for hating Yuya was completely made up by the main villain eh. Talk about a misunderstanding. To think that Sho actually brought the story that made him hate Yuya so much though. Looks like Selestia and Rui are getting serious with their battle with Altair though. Hmm that tag team attack with Selestia and Rui and Alice with their boosted weapons almost managed to defeat Altair though. Hiding Alice in Rui's hands though and letting her strike the first blow to reveal her betrayal was interesting. Though it seems Altair is far from being defeated yet as she unleashes another one of her cards. Hmm so another new face joins the battle eh. Man this episode really is interesting in the number of revelations and betrayals that it has. Still the battle between the two sides really are getting more and more interesting.

"Though." = 16.
'Hm." = 5.
"Eh." = 6.

Did you copy and past this from a conversation you were having with a friend while you were watching it? Or is it just stream of consciousness?
Aug 21, 2017 3:30 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015

These are my thoughts as i watched the episode.
I do have a habit of putting eh, hmm and though in my comments

neonie said:
Shingster said:
It will be unusual if Megane did not appear here though. Blitz's daughter was brought back by as a result of the crossover that was created for this final battle eh. For new abilities and new characters the key word is after all acceptance from the fans. Without it it will never work. Im glad that in the end that it did though. Blitz's hardened nature is lost when he's with his beloved daughter eh. The reunion between the two was pretty heartwarming though as was seeing him apologize to her. Still Blitz's creator is right is that this is his choice to make in deciding who to help after all. Its funny seeing Souta rebuff Magane's words there though and show his determination. Given their past the fight between Yuya and Sho is also on a personal level as well. Wow never expected Hikayu to take to the field though and be the one to save Yuya. Lol her words as she entered the field though. No matter the media whether is anime, manga or light novel fan approval is the key after all. Without it all will be forgotten. Its funny that at this point Megane is still trying to scheme. But i never expected Magane to actually help Souta unlock the locks that hampered him though. Its funny but i never expected Magane and Souta to be able to understand each other so easily though.
Hmm despite being scared Hikayu is still determined to fight eh. To think that Magane will give Hangaku back though. Well things between Yuya and Sho should be much more equal i think.

Magane only ever wants to be entertained it seems. Hikayu's reaction to Blitz's comment about her outfit though lol. Hmm its nice that Blitz decided to switch sides after meeting his daughter though. Hmm things really are intensifying with Blitz's defection and now Alice's new equipment. To think that Sho is now trapped between Blitz and Yuya though. Wow Hikayu really can fight when she's serious eh. Its nice Meterora, Selestia and Rui work together to take on their common enemy though. Wow so Sho's reason for hating Yuya was completely made up by the main villain eh. Talk about a misunderstanding. To think that Sho actually brought the story that made him hate Yuya so much though. Looks like Selestia and Rui are getting serious with their battle with Altair though. Hmm that tag team attack with Selestia and Rui and Alice with their boosted weapons almost managed to defeat Altair though. Hiding Alice in Rui's hands though and letting her strike the first blow to reveal her betrayal was interesting. Though it seems Altair is far from being defeated yet as she unleashes another one of her cards. Hmm so another new face joins the battle eh. Man this episode really is interesting in the number of revelations and betrayals that it has. Still the battle between the two sides really are getting more and more interesting.

"Though." = 16.
'Hm." = 5.
"Eh." = 6.

Did you copy and past this from a conversation you were having with a friend while you were watching it? Or is it just stream of consciousness?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2017 3:39 AM

Jun 2010
Shingster said:

I would suggest trying to avoid using those quite as much. Also, ask your self when you're writing down a comment if you're just writing down exactly what happened in the show without contributing a thought to it, or if you actually have something to say on any particular event.

If you actually think through your thoughts before you write something, or read back your writing and think through it then, you can create far more compelling words than simply writing in stream of conciseness.
Aug 21, 2017 4:39 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Thank you for the advice

neonie said:
Shingster said:

I would suggest trying to avoid using those quite as much. Also, ask your self when you're writing down a comment if you're just writing down exactly what happened in the show without contributing a thought to it, or if you actually have something to say on any particular event.

If you actually think through your thoughts before you write something, or read back your writing and think through it then, you can create far more compelling words than simply writing in stream of conciseness.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2017 5:06 AM
Apr 2016
neonie said:
Shingster said:

ъ
I have already reprimanded him once for that, to no avail it seems. This is still better than those cringe-inducing commentaries other "users" are leaving.
Re:formed
Aug 21, 2017 5:35 AM

Jul 2016
so 4 more epo left? don't know how they well rub all things up from here, the biggest mystery is yet to be revealed that explain how all characters managed to come to the real world, I know most would say it's Altir doing, but how did she even came to the real world, to begin with?
Aug 21, 2017 8:28 AM

Aug 2015
babukchieva – here’s another one.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/review/re-creators/episode-18/.120335

Aquila24 – Sota is not bringing back Setsuna. He’s bringing back Shirotsumekusa. She was Setsuna’s primary creation.
Marine said: “Altair is a really well-made secondary creation.”
And Meteora told us: “Although they do share a common base, Megalosphere, the traits that define them as characters, their personalities and goals, have diverged, and Altair is very different from Shirotsumekusa.
I think this change caused the worlds to separate.”

So if you want to put the worlds back together, you get Altair and Shirotsumekusa to re-join somehow.

Magane knows this. After snapping her fingers, giving Sota the power to stir people’s hearts, the whole discussion about gold and fool’s gold is about Altair and Shirotsumekusa. They are different but they’re similar enough that people will fight for either one. And she knows audience “acceptance” is the key. Her comment after the money bath, “I guess it’s only fun if you do it in front of poor people.” So she’s telling Sota not to screw it up.

Another one still hanging out there is Charon. He arrived, said “There’s someone I have to look for”, and now turns up looking drugged. Who did he have to look for? Not Selesia, or she wouldn’t have been surprised when he showed up. Matsubara maybe? Who else did he know in this world?
Aug 21, 2017 9:36 AM
Jul 2014
aeroperf said:
babukchieva – here’s another one.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/review/re-creators/episode-18/.120335

Aquila24 – Sota is not bringing back Setsuna. He’s bringing back Shirotsumekusa. She was Setsuna’s primary creation.
Marine said: “Altair is a really well-made secondary creation.”
And Meteora told us: “Although they do share a common base, Megalosphere, the traits that define them as characters, their personalities and goals, have diverged, and Altair is very different from Shirotsumekusa.
I think this change caused the worlds to separate.”

So if you want to put the worlds back together, you get Altair and Shirotsumekusa to re-join somehow.

-snip-

I disagree with this. Shirotsumekusa was not actually Shimazaki's creation; she was the creation of someone else, and IIRC she collaborated with that creator. Meteora even commented that Shirotsumekusa had "no spine" in the sense that she was little more than a voice and some mild background. Moreover, the "divergent worlds" was meant to represent how Altair had exceeded the bounds of Shirotsumekusa and become independent in her own right.

Put bluntly, I really don't see this happening and it likely wouldn't have any effect on Altair, either.
Aug 21, 2017 9:47 AM

Aug 2015
My take was that Shirotsumekusa was solely Setsuna’s artwork creation, and "had no spine" because there was no story involved, and that Altair was the Secondary creation of Setsuna along with the Megalosphere producer Shimashima who helped Setsuna make the Altair World Etude video. What did I miss?

"Moreover, the "divergent worlds" was meant to represent how Altair had exceeded the bounds of Shirotsumekusa and become independent in her own right." - I disagree. I think Meteora was being literal. The worlds separating allowed Altair to show up physically.

And wouldn't it be fun if Shimashima turns up?

Edit: So Setsuna made a secondary creation off somebody else’s Shirotsumekusa. Doesn’t that make Setsuna the plagiarist that everybody accused her of being?

I’m talking about the white-haired girl in the picture frame. Altair without the uniform.
The one Sota says “I thought that I should draw her so that it looks like the Altair that she created."
That's the character Sota is bringing to the party as fool's gold.

Not the pink-haired girl with the emerald staff who was illustrated by somebody else.
Now we REALLY need to see Shimashima, to explain who ripped off whom.

Almost everything in this anime is foreshadowed. Meteora tells us so in the recap.
For instance, Blitz and his daughter are shown in the sketch in ep. 14, drawn with Marine's pen (16:39).
This is long before his daughter shows up at the end of ep. 17.
So everything is out there for us - we just have to put it all together.

aeroperfAug 21, 2017 12:55 PM
Aug 21, 2017 11:00 AM

Jun 2013
my man Blitz changed to the good side
Aug 21, 2017 12:38 PM

Apr 2010
Okay. Sota isn't the goody goody we thought he were, and Megana proved being a female version of Izaya (Durarara). Wonder what will be with the Charon guy...

Aug 21, 2017 2:31 PM
Jul 2014
aeroperf said:
My take was that Shirotsumekusa was solely Setsuna’s artwork creation, and "had no spine" because there was no story involved, and that Altair was the Secondary creation of Setsuna along with the Megalosphere producer Shimashima who helped Setsuna make the Altair World Etude video. What did I miss?

"Moreover, the "divergent worlds" was meant to represent how Altair had exceeded the bounds of Shirotsumekusa and become independent in her own right." - I disagree. I think Meteora was being literal. The worlds separating allowed Altair to show up physically.

And wouldn't it be fun if Shimashima turns up?

Edit: So Setsuna made a secondary creation off somebody else’s Shirotsumekusa. Doesn’t that make Setsuna the plagiarist that everybody accused her of being?

I’m talking about the white-haired girl in the picture frame. Altair without the uniform.
The one Sota says “I thought that I should draw her so that it looks like the Altair that she created."
That's the character Sota is bringing to the party as fool's gold.

Not the pink-haired girl with the emerald staff who was illustrated by somebody else.
Now we REALLY need to see Shimashima, to explain who ripped off whom.

Almost everything in this anime is foreshadowed. Meteora tells us so in the recap.
For instance, Blitz and his daughter are shown in the sketch in ep. 14, drawn with Marine's pen (16:39).
This is long before his daughter shows up at the end of ep. 17.
So everything is out there for us - we just have to put it all together.

1. Shirotsumekusa:

And no, what Shimazaki did wasn't plagiarism. In this case, Altair is so divergent from Shirotsumekusa that she's at worst a fan creation. Shirotsumekusa was clearly the inspiration, but almost all resemblance ends there. If I remember correctly, she collaborated with one of the authors who worked on Megalosphere.

2. The white-haired girl in the picture frame is Altair. It's what she looks like without her hat, trench-coat and armor.

edit:

Notably, Shirotsumekusa is the Japanese name for "white clover," a flower which is associated with promises, vitality, and good luck in European folklore...and with revenge and death in Japanese folklore. Shirotsumekusa focuses on the positive aspects of that meaning, taking in the aspects of a bride and many of the symbols of Ireland with her emerald staff and four leaf clover symbols, whereas Altair focuses on the negative aspects of revenge and takes her symbology entirely from the folklore surrounding the star Alpha Aquilae (Altair).
firemagnetAug 21, 2017 3:05 PM
Aug 21, 2017 2:32 PM

Feb 2008
With great power comes a skimpy outfit? At least in Hikayu's case. Not that I'm complaining, of course.

I wonder, what kind of a twist did Souta envision? I'm definitely looking forward to finding out.
Aug 21, 2017 2:34 PM
Jul 2014
Led_Wayline said:
With great power comes a skimpy outfit? At least in Hikayu's case. Not that I'm complaining, of course.

I wonder, what kind of a twist did Souta envision? I'm definitely looking forward to finding out.

I certainly didn't expect the role of "empress" to be translated into a martial artist in a skimpy Chinese dress. I more expected that Hikayu would be able to switch roles as needed--a jack of all trades master of none sort of character.
Aug 21, 2017 11:43 PM
Jan 2017
firemagnet said:
Notably, Shirotsumekusa is the Japanese name for "white clover," a flower which is associated with promises, vitality, and good luck in European folklore...and with revenge and death in Japanese folklore. Shirotsumekusa focuses on the positive aspects of that meaning, taking in the aspects of a bride and many of the symbols of Ireland with her emerald staff and four leaf clover symbols, whereas Altair focuses on the negative aspects of revenge and takes her symbology entirely from the folklore surrounding the star Alpha Aquilae (Altair).

This makes me think more and more that Souta's creation will be Shirtosumekusa. Remember he was going to draw "her" in the style Setsuna drew Altair. There is a lot of thematic contrast between the two characters, and Shirotsumekusa's addition makes little sense in the context of the crossover, much like how Meteora suggested when she was talking to Aki in episode 15 about his story, which is something the audience wouldn't accept. But she stands as a counterbalance, so ultimately she can keep Altair in check in some way.
Aug 22, 2017 4:47 AM
Jan 2016
Cour_Victor said:
This makes me think more and more that Souta's creation will be Shirtosumekusa. Remember he was going to draw "her" in the style Setsuna drew Altair. There is a lot of thematic contrast between the two characters, and Shirotsumekusa's addition makes little sense in the context of the crossover, much like how Meteora suggested when she was talking to Aki in episode 15 about his story, which is something the audience wouldn't accept. But she stands as a counterbalance, so ultimately she can keep Altair in check in some way.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but Magane didn't use her power to give life to Souta's creation, she used her power to essentially give him carte blanche on creating things.

The assertion she made Souta rebuke is that he doesn't need the world's acceptance, that he should instead rely on a god to give life to his creations, and the way to achieve this is simply to weave nothing but lies until it becomes the truth; this would mean that Magane didn't give him the power to give life to one character, but rather the power to give life to a real god, the form of which likely to be Setsuna as that's more relevant to Altair than the character she's based on.
Aug 22, 2017 6:17 AM
Jan 2017
MysteriousBanana said:
Cour_Victor said:

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but Magane didn't use her power to give life to Souta's creation, she used her power to essentially give him carte blanche on creating things.

The assertion she made Souta rebuke is that he doesn't need the world's acceptance, that he should instead rely on a god to give life to his creations, and the way to achieve this is simply to weave nothing but lies until it becomes the truth; this would mean that Magane didn't give him the power to give life to one character, but rather the power to give life to a real god, the form of which likely to be Setsuna as that's more relevant to Altair than the character she's based on.

I agree that he can bring in any character he wants. But I feel like that's too simple a solution. While I like the idea of him bringing Setsuna back above everything else we don't have an indication that her consciousness is out there to find a vessel, the creation will ultimately be a barren shell no matter what kind of power she has or what her psyche is. After all she would be his creation, and she will adhere to his direction. Setsuna is dead, and Altair is the only thing that carries her being in some capacity, and she is not her.
Aug 22, 2017 10:27 AM

Dec 2010
This was a really fun episode, I enjoyed it a lot.
Aug 22, 2017 8:17 PM

Oct 2008
clap Clap CLAP! very nice episode!
Hikayu's entrance and new look was great!
This is the first time i've seen an anime in which the cameos are actually the representing cameo VA's! Komatsu and Amamiya!
WOW! Magane is helping Souta was surreal that's because she wants it to be interesting and she wants to see the face of Altair on what's its going to look like! and Damn Hangaku came back to Yuuya and it was of course Magane's doing!
Blitz also switch side that's for sure!
Hikayu;s suddenly became badass!
What an accidental spoiler! lol even the creator Yatouji is troubled!
We have another ally of Altair left which is Charon! This is really getting interesting as Magane said! hehehe!
5/5!

Aug 23, 2017 8:13 AM
Sep 2015

I came here looking for this. Thanks.
Aug 23, 2017 10:56 AM

Nov 2009
Died at the Yuya/Sho plot twist reveal, didn't expect that at all. Hikayu rules and I was a bit worried late character additions may hurt the show with an already decent sized cast but she has been incredibly entertaining to watch.
Aug 23, 2017 11:24 AM

Aug 2015
Cour_Victor and MysteriousBanana—

I learned with “Charlotte” how wrong I can be trying to guess an anime plot – they spent half the series setting up a music group as important, then threw it all away in favor of some Russian Mafia type gang at the last moment.

But while Re:Creators is a pretty wordy anime, I still don’t see them wasting 4 minutes of screen time in ep. 8 talking about secondary creations and Shirotsumekusa and separating worlds if that discussion is a total throw-away.

Also substitute the names in Sota’s comment. “I thought that I should draw Setsuna so that it looks like the Altair that Setsuna created.” doesn’t make sense to me. Why make the character Setsuna look any different from the real Setsuna? Likewise Mamika.
Now Shirotsumekusa’s name would fit there quite nicely.

I don’t think that Magane gave Sota the ability to create a god. He didn’t rise to that statement. Magane thinks the results would be fun. I think she’s soft on Sota, or at least is betting on him to continue her existence, but Matsubara and Suruga think it’s interesting, too. Everybody is expecting Setsuna, but the Creators like to surprise us...

Anyway, we will soon know.
Aug 23, 2017 1:43 PM
Jul 2014
No preview for episode 19?
Aug 23, 2017 2:00 PM
Jan 2017
firemagnet said:
No preview for episode 19?
Delayed until "tomorrow evening". So somewhere along 12 hours
Aug 24, 2017 1:07 AM
Dec 2008
Episode 19 preview

Aug 24, 2017 4:18 AM
Jan 2017
dmr said:
Episode 19 preview

Sounds like someone will bite the dust.
Aug 24, 2017 5:23 AM
Jun 2017
CLIFFHANGERRRRRRRRRRR
Aug 24, 2017 5:15 PM
Jul 2014

Cour_Victor said:
dmr said:
Episode 19 preview

Sounds like someone will bite the dust.

Oh? I sort of took it as a given that Charon was automatically on the chopping block. I do note that Aliceteria seems to be missing in the preview. They also show what amounts to 30 continuous seconds of a single fight scene. If they're hiding that much of the episode, clearly something important is going to happen; especially since the whole episode preview is Selesia recounting what's happened to her since she got "here."

I'd say Charon and Rui are both on the chopping block, possibly Selesia herself as well.
firemagnetAug 24, 2017 5:21 PM
Aug 24, 2017 5:32 PM
Jan 2017
@firemagnet Charon? Hardly. He is the one with the most to say right now, probably. He doesn't look possessed or anything. He will be around for a while, definitely. Alice has to deal with Altair, Mamika didn't really fight with Altair so she has to fill her share in as well, in the name of her revenge.
Aug 24, 2017 9:29 PM
Jul 2014
Cour_Victor said:
@firemagnet Charon? Hardly. He is the one with the most to say right now, probably. He doesn't look possessed or anything. He will be around for a while, definitely. Alice has to deal with Altair, Mamika didn't really fight with Altair so she has to fill her share in as well, in the name of her revenge.

Clear enough from the preview that the shit has hit the fan though.
Aug 25, 2017 7:07 AM

Jan 2013
As expected Blitz changed sides, at least he's happy xD
And Shou probably will change sides too.
Finally, Alicetaria changed sides!!! For a second i thought that they would finally attack her for the first time...i was wrong, Altair is too powerful.
So that guy, in the end, is probably a friend? Or an enemy of Selesia?
I still don't know what's the plan of Magane, i know that she simply wants to watch what will happen, but what she will do after that?
Oh, and btw, Hikayu's epic appearance was unexpected but it was amazing. Can't believe that her creator managed to actually do something xD Her dress was pretty cute and she did a great fight, i am impressed because i was wondering what she would do in a fight.
We have 4 more episodes, can't wait!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 25, 2017 7:40 AM
May 2016
Tokoya said:
That ending was lit, I LOVE that particular track from the OST

Still, it seems kinda convenient how the other dude changed sides once he heard that his sister's murderer was another guy but be that as it may, it makes sense because Yuya isn't a bad guy at all and given how he's acted throughout the series, him performing a fucked up crime like that it kinda OOC

Also, we got a Mamika 2.0 over here lol.....Her lines are hilarious buy hey, at least she can hold her own in battle. And dat outfit is HAWT AF

Looking forward to seeing Charon in action though and before I forget, I would just like to say that the scene with Magane and Souta was too great (I kinda hope that she manages to stay in the real world now lol).....I had a lot of smiles and laughs from this episode

Great episode overall.....I'm really happy for Blitz and his creator (For wearing a bullet proof vest lol) too

Mohammadalmannai said:
After watching this episode, it made me wish that all previous episodes are like this T.T It was amazing tho one of the strongest episodes in the series. I really loved the ending and the moment between Sota and Magane <3

BlazeDelta said:
If there's one thing I loved about this episode, it's that Souta has shown just how much he has grown from the helpless boy who was once at Magane's mercy to... well, getting her as a waifu. But really, I kinda feel proud of him, and I look forward to what he's going to do with his newfound powers. Possibly a revival of Setsuna? I mean, with Erina's revival being legit, at this point that doesn't seem that far of a stretch. Either way, Magane hinted at her existence being threatened by some law of the world shenanigans, and I really hope she somehow manages to stay with Sota. Magane has also proven to be a rather philosophical character, unlike the madman we once thought she was.

This episode had a good slice of everything - humour, twists, action, dialogue, romance, and most importantly, LAYERS.

Anyway, I feel pretty bad for Altair now; everyone seems to be turning on her. Everyone, except...

The man. The legend. Behold, Charon himself.

alphazero4um said:
The scene with Souta and Magane was actually interesting. Magane became lovable somehow for me. She somehow has something that stands out much more than any ordinary antagonist in many series.
firemagnet said:
Saw that ending coming from a mile away. Definitely has a slower pace than the last episode.

Magane had a crucial role to play this time, and she set up two important points:

1. She appeared to release (partially) the limiter on her own power

2. she gave hangaku back. It's clear that whenever she speaks about herself and her feelings, she's being honest.

I wouldn't be surprised if Magane assists Altair now to further her own ends.
aeroperf said:
Dang! That conversation between Magane and Sota just NAILED it.

Especially because the Director, Aoki Ei, said:
“While there's some action in Re:CREATORS, it's really a story about the process of being creative. So as I made Re:CREATORS, I really reflected on the question of what it means to be creative, what are the joys of being creative, and what are the downsides of being creative.”

Knowing that with Magane, a lie about a lie… She just turned the MC into a MC.

omnivores: am i seeing things or Magane gave Sota her "fool's gold"? - yes, she did.
So-Intense said:
Such a troll move to play Mamika's OST when Hikayu shows up :D
EXTREME FINAL LEGEND MARTIAL ARTIST
Magane and Souta scene was cool too.

Lord_of_Anime said:
A really good action packed episode! I was shocked at the end of the last episode to see Blitz's daughter and I knew it would have a large impact on this episode and the fight against Altair...but it was an incredibly emotional reunion between Blitz and his daughter

I was surprised by Magane's decision to help out Sota...it sure looks like Altair won't have anyone standing on her side soon! It was also nice to see Alictaria fully committed against Altair and shouting "This is for Mamika!"

This was a really good episode and I can't wait to see what happens next!

So can anyone pls explain to me what the whole scene between sota and magane was about I've rewatched it a few times now and still don't get it. I think I get Magane using her power on acceptance but the analogy and everything else didn't make sense so can anyone pls explain to me what happened?
Aug 25, 2017 11:24 AM

Aug 2016
One character in reserves can't hold for 4 episodes when everybody turn to good side now and are against Altair. Iam calling Megane turning on everybody once more just to see their betrayed faces after they think they finally win. And then maybe Megane turning once more? Because I think she is honest when she said she want to see Altairs face after she lose? But more probably final Shota's character will turn sides.
Martin_TaylorAug 25, 2017 11:33 AM
Aug 25, 2017 2:43 PM
Jul 2014
Martin_Taylor said:
One character in reserves can't hold for 4 episodes when everybody turn to good side now and are against Altair. Iam calling Megane turning on everybody once more just to see their betrayed faces after they think they finally win. And then maybe Megane turning once more? Because I think she is honest when she said she want to see Altairs face after she lose? But more probably final Shota's character will turn sides.

That's a likely scenario at this point. Equally likely is that Magane gets herself axed somehow. Excluding episode 19, there are only three episodes left, after all.
Aug 25, 2017 5:51 PM

Aug 2015
CardinalHunter—

I’ll give you my take, but others will have caught stuff I’ve missed.

My assumptions:
Megane is Chaotic Neutral (doesn’t care who wins as long as SHE wins), and amoral (no remorse for killing).
Her power is twisting words. So she has to know both words and the “humanity” that speaks them.
She’s probably the smartest of the Creations. She Knows What’s Going On, as well as Altair does and maybe better.
She operates by getting someone to make a statement that is a lie, then reversing the lie.
She has a thing for Sota. When she wants to talk or taunt, she goes to him.

So here we are on the balcony in ep. 18. She’s just had the suggestion from Aliceteria to go have fun. She knows Sota is writing a character who will resemble the Altair that Setsuma drew. She also knows that there may be a “fatal contradiction” in the way the character is used – and it may not get audience approval.

Greetings, and she shows Sota that she knows that this is the world that you can make other worlds from. Then she probes Sota about his motives for why he wants to be a Creator, trying to play the guilt card to get him to react. She’s got an agenda and she’s trying to get Sota to say the right lie that she can reverse to achieve it.

Sota answers using the word “might”. This voids Magane’s powers – it’s not a lie. And we get to his real motivation – he can’t stop himself from creating. She reads him the riot act about being an author…doing it for his own ego or guilt or the need to be accepted. Sota says he doesn’t care; again, not a lie.

She then goes to “What if you’re not accepted as a creator?” He says the audience decides who is a real creator. Without audience approval, the Creator can’t Create. She says “That’s one”, indicating a lie, but doesn’t act on it.
Then the conversation goes off about all fiction being lies. And the real thing about gold and fool’s gold - they both look the same. Sota is trying to create something like fool’s gold – Magane says Go ahead and lie and make it look the same and people will fall for it. Sota finally freaks and lets out his fear that they won’t fall for it.

Magane snaps her fingers and now Sota is guaranteed audience acceptance for whatever he is planning – guaranteed to become a Creator – at least for the Birdcage story. Why did she do it? This was her agenda - she thinks it would be fun to see Altair’s reaction.

Then she tests Sota by commenting about giving Hangaku back to Mirakoji. Sota says the correct lie to enable her to do this, so he understands.

She finishes up by hinting to Sota that Altair has no intrinsic value. It would be “dirty” trying to make his character into the new Altair, because it has no intrinsic value either. Don’t plagiarize. In the end, people will support either one. They just need to be entertained.

Finally Sota comments on what will happen to current creations after the world is healed. Magane will be gone because contradictions aren’t allowed. Her reply is that they are now on the outside of the stories. It is telling that she didn’t call Sota’s statement a lie.

There is an awful lot in the conversation about the motives, fears, goals and techniques of Creators. And she set Sota up to be one with the real key: entertain your audience, and you will get approval. I also think she gave him the fool’s gold to remind him of her, because her creator is gone and if the good guys succeed it’s over for her, unless someone else writes about her some day.

I'd love to hear other analyses.
Aug 25, 2017 7:47 PM
Jan 2017
@aeroperf Interesting read.

Canonically Meteora is the smartest. Magane, Yuuya, Blitz and Altair share the same, at least numerically according to the Newtype release. About what you think of entertainment, I think,(I hope) the story will make a point to show that consistency is king at their battle. Despite not being allowed to bring about their will upon the story through acceptance like before, I don't think the audience can skirt around the plot hole Souta will bring into the story, which as you pointed out Meteora brought up to Aki during their talk in episode 15. There are parallels to this opportunity brought to Souta in Souta himself. Like his creation who is set to hurt the overall consistency of the story he really hasn't demonstrated a skill or made anything to show for when it comes to his abilities as a creator to be worthy of achievement. His illustrations and drawings shown so far have been horrible and he has given up for months before deciding to get back to work.

But this opinion also mixes with my sympathy towards Altair so keep that in mind.
Cour_VictorAug 25, 2017 7:57 PM
Aug 25, 2017 9:59 PM
Jul 2014
aeroperf said:
CardinalHunter—

I’ll give you my take, but others will have caught stuff I’ve missed.

My assumptions:
Megane is Chaotic Neutral (doesn’t care who wins as long as SHE wins), and amoral (no remorse for killing).
Her power is twisting words. So she has to know both words and the “humanity” that speaks them.
She’s probably the smartest of the Creations. She Knows What’s Going On, as well as Altair does and maybe better.
She operates by getting someone to make a statement that is a lie, then reversing the lie.
She has a thing for Sota. When she wants to talk or taunt, she goes to him.

So here we are on the balcony in ep. 18. She’s just had the suggestion from Aliceteria to go have fun. She knows Sota is writing a character who will resemble the Altair that Setsuma drew. She also knows that there may be a “fatal contradiction” in the way the character is used – and it may not get audience approval.

Greetings, and she shows Sota that she knows that this is the world that you can make other worlds from. Then she probes Sota about his motives for why he wants to be a Creator, trying to play the guilt card to get him to react. She’s got an agenda and she’s trying to get Sota to say the right lie that she can reverse to achieve it.

Sota answers using the word “might”. This voids Magane’s powers – it’s not a lie. And we get to his real motivation – he can’t stop himself from creating. She reads him the riot act about being an author…doing it for his own ego or guilt or the need to be accepted. Sota says he doesn’t care; again, not a lie.

She then goes to “What if you’re not accepted as a creator?” He says the audience decides who is a real creator. Without audience approval, the Creator can’t Create. She says “That’s one”, indicating a lie, but doesn’t act on it.
Then the conversation goes off about all fiction being lies. And the real thing about gold and fool’s gold - they both look the same. Sota is trying to create something like fool’s gold – Magane says Go ahead and lie and make it look the same and people will fall for it. Sota finally freaks and lets out his fear that they won’t fall for it.

Magane snaps her fingers and now Sota is guaranteed audience acceptance for whatever he is planning – guaranteed to become a Creator – at least for the Birdcage story. Why did she do it? This was her agenda - she thinks it would be fun to see Altair’s reaction.

Then she tests Sota by commenting about giving Hangaku back to Mirakoji. Sota says the correct lie to enable her to do this, so he understands.

She finishes up by hinting to Sota that Altair has no intrinsic value. It would be “dirty” trying to make his character into the new Altair, because it has no intrinsic value either. Don’t plagiarize. In the end, people will support either one. They just need to be entertained.

Finally Sota comments on what will happen to current creations after the world is healed. Magane will be gone because contradictions aren’t allowed. Her reply is that they are now on the outside of the stories. It is telling that she didn’t call Sota’s statement a lie.

There is an awful lot in the conversation about the motives, fears, goals and techniques of Creators. And she set Sota up to be one with the real key: entertain your audience, and you will get approval. I also think she gave him the fool’s gold to remind him of her, because her creator is gone and if the good guys succeed it’s over for her, unless someone else writes about her some day.

I'd love to hear other analyses.

Stunning analysis that really puts it all together. Well done.

My own analysis focused more on Altair than on Magane, but you tied all the threads together far better than I did. I focused far more on her objectives and how she was manipulating him towards them rather than focusing on the idea that she actually wanted to help him.

More importantly, it seems that her own plan has taken a backseat of sorts; when she stated her feelings on humanity, she wasn't lying. I definitely think that we're going to see a showdown between Magane and Altair at this point, with Magane serving to bring Altair back down to normal.
firemagnetAug 25, 2017 10:16 PM
Aug 25, 2017 10:19 PM
Jul 2014
Cour_Victor said:
@aeroperf Interesting read.

Canonically Meteora is the smartest. Magane, Yuuya, Blitz and Altair share the same, at least numerically according to the Newtype release. About what you think of entertainment, I think,(I hope) the story will make a point to show that consistency is king at their battle. Despite not being allowed to bring about their will upon the story through acceptance like before, I don't think the audience can skirt around the plot hole Souta will bring into the story, which as you pointed out Meteora brought up to Aki during their talk in episode 15. There are parallels to this opportunity brought to Souta in Souta himself. Like his creation who is set to hurt the overall consistency of the story he really hasn't demonstrated a skill or made anything to show for when it comes to his abilities as a creator to be worthy of achievement. His illustrations and drawings shown so far have been horrible and he has given up for months before deciding to get back to work.

But this opinion also mixes with my sympathy towards Altair so keep that in mind.

It's worth noting that Souta has been practicing for the last little while and we haven't seen what the quality of his revised work is yet. Back in episode 15, Meteora noted that they would need a "miracle" to overcome the plothole that Souta's character would introduce. Well, Magane's use of her ability may well have been that miracle that they needed.
Aug 26, 2017 4:17 AM
Jan 2017
firemagnet said:
It's worth noting that Souta has been practicing for the last little while and we haven't seen what the quality of his revised work is yet. Back in episode 15, Meteora noted that they would need a "miracle" to overcome the plothole that Souta's character would introduce. Well, Magane's use of her ability may well have been that miracle that they needed.

We haven't seen the quality of his revised work, but we also haven't seen absolutely nothing to indicate any improvement on his part. The only thing we know about his idea is that it's flawed, and Matsubara gives it a mixed reaction. It overlaps with Meteora's wish for a miracle, but I don't think any of that is any indication or foreshadowing towards his success.
Aug 26, 2017 6:16 AM

Aug 2015
I think Meteora is the wisest but relies on her book for smarts, whereas Magane actually makes her living out-thinking her opponents in real time. Also Meteora has made some bad calls, like accusing Magane of killing her creator.
I don’t think consistency will be king. And how you get around consistency is lie like a trooper and entertain the rubes, per Magane. I admit I’ve enjoyed an anime or two that covered plot holes that way.

Sota started out as dithering and full of self-doubt, unable to even let his artwork be seen by others. Add a layer of guilt to that. His character has grown throughout the series, though. Meteora thinks his skill is not a problem. Suruga and Matsubara like the summary of his story. I got the impression that the fatal contradiction was in the story, not the artwork or concept.

But there are multiple threads. Sota becoming a Creator is completely different from the Meteora team “winning”, and Magane points that out.
And whether Magane fights Altair is incidental. It is all about the Creators.
aeroperfAug 26, 2017 6:31 AM
Aug 26, 2017 6:55 AM
Jan 2017
The creations have been the focus of the development and the drama so any ending that puts the creators onto the limelight will sideline the creations and the important events like Mamika's death, Selesia's difficulty in dealing with Altair or more prominently Alicetaria's progression as a character. Souta's creation and the opportunity given to him by Magane screams asspull and I don't think it will lead to a satisfactory conclusion for anyone watching especially when everyone is putting their heart and souls to beat Altair within the boundaries of the rules. I don't think it will come down to the creators at least in the way you think.
Aug 26, 2017 3:09 PM

Feb 2013
Nice action. Decently intense.

These final episodes are making up for the slow filler that made up the rest of the series.
Aug 26, 2017 4:42 PM

Mar 2009
Who the hell is Charon and how does Selesia know him? He's not even on the character list for the show.

This show has had such a low impact on me that I don't even know who some of these characters are. Good action scenes, though!
Aug 27, 2017 12:40 PM
Jan 2017
Mormegil said:
Who the hell is Charon and how does Selesia know him? He's not even on the character list for the show.

This show has had such a low impact on me that I don't even know who some of these characters are. Good action scenes, though!

Watch episode 3. They spend a while talking about him.
Aug 31, 2017 8:41 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
All is prepared to defeat Himegemi, the jailed is created and when all seems the final, appears a new enemy...this is not end!!!! kekeke
The Yuuya spoliers, the most funny of the episode!!! lol
Sep 3, 2017 5:25 AM
Jun 2016
Overall it's a really good episode and has lots of surprises in this one

It's a really good thing that Blitz changed sides now that he has a purpose because her daughter has been revived thanks to Meteora

The author's expression while Yuuya spoils the story to Sho was hilarious.

But what still bothers is that how did Alicetaria manage to side Selesia's group? I know the reason was to avenge for Mamika but how did they do it in the middle of the fight? I rewatched episode 17 but they're still enemies at that one.

Anyway. that Charon entrance at the end gave me goosebumps and I was like "holy shit" the next episode's gonna be more lit than ever

Background OST never fails me. Always 10/10 thanks to legendary composer Hiroyuki Sawano
Sep 6, 2017 9:15 AM

Sep 2011
When your own character breaks the fourth wall and even spoiling the story.

Sep 10, 2017 6:02 AM

Dec 2012
What. The. Fuck. Twists.

Sep 16, 2017 11:18 PM

Jan 2013
Throwing in more characters this late in the game.
Decent episode, though nothing shocking yet
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2017

260 by Karva1 »»
May 27, 9:56 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2017

207 by Karva1 »»
May 27, 9:23 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

237 by Karva1 »»
May 27, 3:31 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2017

244 by Karva1 »»
May 26, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2017

377 by Karva1 »»
May 25, 9:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.