Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sound! Euphonium (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 25, 2019 12:00 PM

Apr 2013
Hmm, wonder if Asuka officially left the ensemble or not. Something seems definitely fishy, especially since she talked to Natsuki about taking her position in the ensemble...
Apr 6, 2020 9:34 AM

Feb 2019
Wow... Asuka almost left. She's still such a mystery, though now at least parts of it have seen the light. Although to be honest, this episode left a lot of questions. What happened that she didn't come to practice for a month? What did she talk about with Natsuki? What happened that she DID come to the performance in the end? How was Taki-sensei okay with her if she had been gone for a month and had not practiced? Had she been practicing at home? So many questions.

But it's great to see the band all growing and moving forward, especially Haruka. Finally she's no longer in the shadow of Asuka and gains the respect of the members that they should've given her from the beginning. She never asked for the position, yet she worked hard and tirelessly, picking up a club on the verge of collapse after the conflict between the second and third years. If that's not courage and dedication, then what is? She really deserves more appreciation for it. And her solo was killer! Finally, she has more confidence.

Also loved how Yuuko is this season. Completely rehabilitated her image and beyond this season. I like her a lot now! She's so dedicated and spirited too.

Their performance was awesome. I really need to know the pieces from this anime!

Seems I got it wrong. I thought Rikka didn't reach Nationals. They got silver but reached Nationals?

Also I realised this last episode, but did the OP become colourful now? I kind of remember the scene with Nozomi being in black and whi,te but here it's coloured.

Next, Mamiko's arc. Truth be told, there has been very little of her both in the first season and what we've seen of the second season. I'm eager to learn more about her!
Sep 6, 2020 3:14 PM

Jul 2015
Although Asuka's mom bitch clapped Asuka there, it doesn't seem she is pure evil considering she realised what horrible thing she just did and apologised, props to Asuka for staying her grounds and even calmly bringing her mother out. Also props to Taki there for opposing the mom despite possibly losing his job.

Oct 28, 2020 2:03 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Yeah this show is centred around character drama, it does get the emotions going, but may be a tad too forced just to squeeze out some cheap tears. This arc tho, this one feels real. Something like this can actually happen; I think we’re going to get a heavy next episode

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jun 20, 2021 5:40 AM

Jul 2014
You know what, good on Taki for standing his ground against that absolute bitch of a mother. I absolutely detest these anime parents who go all "I get to choose what's better for my child, regardless of what they themselves want" and this is a rare instance where such a parent is actually meaningfully stood up to from the start and called out on her bullshit. Also, that's such textbook abusive behaviour for the mother to slap Asuka and then apologise moments later, as if it was two different people there. That, and the use of the word "again" and Asuka's resigned acceptance of her mother's apology making it abundantly clear that this is common behaviour from her.

On the flipside, the show needs to stop having Kumiko conveniently appear nearby when stuff like this happens, as it comes off way too forced that she always just so happens to be eavesdropping and just so happens to force herself to get involved in something which has literally nothing to do with her whatsoever. There must be more natural ways to bring out the character drama than Kumiko more or less stumbling into it every time (the stuff with Taki last episode was much more contrived than this instance, though).
AtavisticJun 20, 2021 5:52 AM
Aug 21, 2022 10:34 AM
Jan 2021
HARUKA WAS SUCH A BADASS OH MY LORD
Sep 27, 2022 3:18 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This is sad for Asuka though, her mom really looks horrible slapping her for no reason, I hope that she'll be able to join the fanfare again :(
Jan 10, 2023 6:26 PM
Jan 2021
I was so shocked while watching Asuka's mother scene. I was not expecting to see such a difficult relationship between Asuka and her mother. It was honestly heartbreaking seeing her being forced to leave the club like that.

On the other hand, it was great to see them performing at the station. I loved Haruka's solo so damn much, it gave me jazz vibes, I truly enjoyed it.

I'm looking forward to see how Mamiko's sidestory will progress. I'm getting concerned about her ;-;
Apr 20, 2023 10:03 AM

Mar 2016
You can really feel the Japanese culture difference here. Everyone relieved when Asuka returned after a period of absence, but no-one paid true attention to her words.
She didn't say "don't worry, I'm not quitting", it was "I won't cause trouble for anyone". An incredibly vague statement as what "causing trouble" is will be quite different depending on which person you ask. Her mother has clearly had it tough as a single parent, but she needs professional help. Stressing so much over Asuka's upbringing means she's unable to loosen control and let Asuka decide, even though she clearly has no need to worry.
Hoping that in seeing the Asuka situation, Kumiko might be able to approach her sister more easily - even if her sister is a bit of a hypocritical bitch.
Aug 26, 2023 5:17 AM

May 2020
I guessed it right, as we indeed got that good old evil mother storyline this episode lol.

I mean I don't know, just how horrid circumstances Asuka and her mother lived through, but being this straight abusive isn't justified by any literature. Also judging from the way Asuka reacted, it seems like she's awfully used to this behavior of her mother.

Good to see Taki for being rational and not accepting that intending-to-drop-out letter from Asuka's mother, but it seems like Asuka might herself ask him to do so, seeing the way she's twisting her words and everything.

Also, why is it that Kumiko's always at the right place but at an incredibly wrong time lol.
Feb 25, 9:53 AM

May 2021
Asuka has one of the most impressive fronts I have seen. If her mother is the kind of person she has to deal with every day in her home, I can understand her cynical nature.

On another note, Kumiko has an impressive power - to always be in the right place at the right time to see important events unfold.

Mar 22, 3:35 PM

May 2015
My god Asuka has a horrible mother...
Mar 25, 8:52 AM
Mar 2018
Poor Asuka, I really felt for her during the scene with her mother. I'm glad Taki-sensei stood his ground.

The band's performance at the end was indeed badass!
Apr 10, 1:36 PM
Apr 2019
A lot of things in one episode, very awkward when the mom hit her child...

That solo was cool af
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2016

118 by pilotofeva »»
May 20, 9:38 PM

» Movies

nishant0 - Apr 19

8 by AkiraMiyazaki17 »»
Apr 24, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Dec 28, 2016

287 by Prupel1 »»
Apr 20, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2016

217 by ShinigamiGang »»
Apr 1, 7:42 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

shanimebib - Dec 21, 2016

228 by teraphIl1000 »»
Mar 25, 11:09 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.